Side Story Champions of the Arena II: The Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotel--> Heist
View attachment 5993
"Oh, you'll have to forgive me." Arcade's smile faded. A cold look danced in his eyes. "I spent a spell rotting in Hell. I'm out of practice. Would you prefer a song? Something dramatic and slowed down? Something nice and depressing? Everyone's a critic..."
Arcade reached down beside his chair and grabbed his cane. He slowly paced the room. As he passed the Hunted's boxes, he stamped his stick upon the ground.
"Just get in the box and stop complaining...'
On his command, the lids of the boxes slowly closed, choking out the last beams of moonlight that had drifted into Arcade's apartment.
With a fizz and a hiss, the boxes came sliding open. The green glow of the vault's interior came flooding into your crate.

A large mountain of gold bricks and coins sat at the center of the room, glowing like a dragon’s bed. Arcade's crystal sat atop it. The jewel stood out among the rest of the riches that filled the vault. It almost looked... hollow. It was almost as if, beneath its glassy shell, a storm cloud was lurking, twisting, dancing.

Several lock boxes lined the vault’s walls. Each was listed with a name.

Trudgen Ren.
Sam Rodrigues.
45 Rabbit.
Asajj Ventress.
Juri Han.

The boxes’ owners would no doubt give an arm and a leg to get ahold of their contents. Or you could try cracking them open and taking their contents for yourselves...

A high pitched screeching filled the vault. Sparks flew from the base of the door. Someone was drilling through the Vault’s lock. The Hunted were about to have some company...

Outside the Vault.
The second guard barely gave Yashamaru the time of day. He simply grunted in response, and shrugged as the security door came sliding open. He barely noticed the Sean running past him, too.

The subtle approach had played off—After a quick descent down the bank’s staircase, the Hunted were inside the corridor of vaults. Each one was guarded by a bait of stoic, unblinking droids. They barely flinched as the Hunted walked by. Judging by the thick layer of dust that was clinging to their armour, word of the Uprising in District C hadn’t reached the rest of the city. The King of Beggars had shut down the Bank’s security droids, leaving them frozen where they were standing.

The Hutt’s value sat at the end of the hall. It’s barred first door had already been cut down by concrete drill. A blonde man knelt at the foot of the main door. An open box of jewels, a guards uniform and a have gray wig sat on the floor beside him. He adjusted his collar and moved his drill into position. With an ear splitting screech, he turned his equipment back on and started drilling through the vault main door.

“Walk away, boys.” The Hunter muttered. He didn’t so much as look at the Hunted. “Just walk away.”

The crimson handle of a security alarm sat on the wall beside the Hunter. He wiped the sweat from his brow and kept on digging.
Several voices could be heard from inside the vault.

@Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Ottonomous Ghost @BankBoys​

"Nobody gives a shit you whiny bi-!" But the door slammed shut before Bad Girl finished. As they arrived inside the vault Bad Girl made a beeline towards the crystal ignoring everything else. "Let's just get that losers his virgin jewel and get the fuck outta here!"

@Sark @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Ottonomous Ghost @BankBoys

"You know what? I like you, kid," The Bouncer boomed. "You're sitting somewhere between dumb and desperate. You're leading a pack of fools into the lions den here, buster. You've got balls and you've got gall, but you're not a threat to the King. Besides, he's been looking for a new jester. Just leave your weapons at the door. All of them. I'll know if you're holding out on me. After that you can head right---"

"FUCK!" The Bouncer flinched, stumbling back into the doorway. His hand soared down to his belt. A shining magnum flashed forward.

[BANG BANG BANG]

He unloaded 3 clumbsy shots into Allison's shoulder. The wounds would prove fatal is left untreated for four hours.

The Bouncer turned his pistol towards LW. The droid was slowly lining up a shot on the King's guard. A burning ball of led punched a hole in the machine's head. LW stumbled back, mumbling some robotic prayer to Cluth.

"Nobody move! The next shot will be fatal!"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi

"I know I have no right to make demands after having brought two snakes to your doorstep," His voice was somber, defeated. It was clear that he had thought their group had been filled my likeminded individuals. "But may I suggest giving the robot a love tap to secure it's dead? Or if you wish to keep the gun aimed at me I'd be more than happy to finish the job." At this point, he would have been keen to get rid of Allison as well if it came to it.

@Sark @Lucky @Takumi

Allison Argent

Allison had already died and as such, she had nothing left to lose. Without moving from her spot, she would load three of her armor piercing titanium arrow into her long bow, ignoring the pain and shooting one at the bouncer's forehead, directly at the brain and another at the gun. The final one would be aim straight at the bouncer's heart.

@Sark

Allison Argent

Allison had already died and as such, she had nothing left to lose. Without moving from her spot, she would load three of her armor piercing titanium arrow into her long bow, ignoring the pain and shooting one at the bouncer's forehead, directly at the brain and another at the gun. The final one would be aim straight at the bouncer's heart.

@Sark

Again?! Eight Hearts reacted again despite the bouncer's warning leaped to his defense to knock him to the ground. If he managed to get the bouncer and himself out of danger he'd fire off a salvo from his arm now formed into that of a shotgun cursing the girls foolishness as he did so.

@Sark @Lucky @Takumi

"You know what? I like you, kid," The Bouncer boomed. "You're sitting somewhere between dumb and desperate. You're leading a pack of fools into the lions den here, buster. You've got balls and you've got gall, but you're not a threat to the King. Besides, he's been looking for a new jester. Just leave your weapons at the door. All of them. I'll know if you're holding out on me. After that you can head right---"

"FUCK!" The Bouncer flinched, stumbling back into the doorway. His hand soared down to his belt. A shining magnum flashed forward.

[BANG BANG BANG]

He unloaded 3 clumbsy shots into Allison's shoulder. The wounds would prove fatal is left untreated for four hours.

The Bouncer turned his pistol towards LW. The droid was slowly lining up a shot on the King's guard. A burning ball of led punched a hole in the machine's head. LW stumbled back, mumbling some robotic prayer to Cluth.

"Nobody move! The next shot will be fatal!"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi

"Nobody gives a shit you whiny bi-!" But the door slammed shut before Bad Girl finished. As they arrived inside the vault Bad Girl made a beeline towards the crystal ignoring everything else. "Let's just get that losers his virgin jewel and get the fuck outta here!"

@Sark @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Ottonomous Ghost @BankBoys

"I know I have no right to make demands after having brought two snakes to your doorstep," His voice was somber, defeated. It was clear that he had thought their group had been filled my likeminded individuals. "But may I suggest giving the robot a love tap to secure it's dead? Or if you wish to keep the gun aimed at me I'd be more than happy to finish the job." At this point, he would have been keen to get rid of Allison as well if it came to it.

@Sark @Lucky @Takumi

Allison Argent

@Sark

Again?! Eight Hearts reacted again despite the bouncer's warning leaped to his defense to knock him to the ground. If he managed to get the bouncer and himself out of danger he'd fire off a salvo from his arm now formed into that of a shotgun cursing the girls foolishness as he did so.

@Sark @Lucky @Takumi

Whether Eight Heart's shots hit Allison or were evaded, Chise would try to find the Archer's hiding place mostly by scent and would quickly attempt to grab her by the arm and use her enhanced strength to get the woman onto the ground and pin her there if successful.

"You're going to get us all killed." She frowned, trying not to hurt the other more than she already was whether she was successful or not in her attempts to stop the fellow Hunted.

@Sark @Jeremi @Lucky @District C/Slums

HEIST
"So this is it, huh?" Frost muttered, picking the jewel up off of the mountain of gold. He rolled the crystal about in his hand, his eyes fixed upon the storm within. "I must say... it is pretty... I wonder if Arcade's the highest bidder out there... Bad Girl, catch!" He threw the crystal towards her in a small, underarm arch.

"Treat it with care, demon..."
Vamp breathed. He slowly made his way towards the vault's door. "I doubt our 'backer' will be pleased if we bring it back to him in pieces..."

With a light push, the vault's door came swinging open. A pair of cutting, blue eyes stared back at the Hunted. The Hunter's eyes darted down towards the hunted, then to the crystal, then back to the hunted.
View attachment 6047
"Alright, nutbars. Hand it over and get out of my sight." Chuck growled. He rolled the paddle-saw from his shoulder and pointed its revving blade at the Vampire's throat. "Now. You don't want to know where this monster goes."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight
Whether Eight Heart's shots hit Allison or were evaded, Chise would try to find the Archer's hiding place mostly by scent and would quickly attempt to grab her by the arm and use her enhanced strength to get the woman onto the ground and pin her there if successful.

"You're going to get us all killed." She frowned, trying not to hurt the other more than she already was whether she was successful or not in her attempts to stop the fellow Hunted.

@Sark @Jeremi @Lucky @District C/Slums
@Sark @Lucky @Takumi
@Sark
Slums
A blinding light burned its way across the slums. A great search light illuminated the streets. A pair of the king's beggars stood by the light, operating its hand-crank battery. A line of soldiers- each armed with a droid's blaster- crouched at the light's foot, their scopes glowing. The roof of the factory had been transformed in a fortress in a matter of moments.

The bouncer, bruised and battered at the foot of the doorway, raised his pistol into the blackness.

"Hold your fire!" A commanding voice rattled the factory. The volunteers raised this rifles a little, but they refused to pull their eyes away from the streets. They continued their search for Allison, their predator-eyes dissecting the scene. A figure, clad in a rusty suit of make-shift armor, approached the ledge. A necklace of old droid heads hung around his neck. He gestured to the crumbling buildings across the street with a droid-leg scepter. "We know you're out there, Hunter!" The King of Beggars bellowed. "We know you're hiding! And we know all about your little game! You've opened fire upon my men! Shot at one, with intent to kill! You can tell the fat bastard you serve that we are not quick to forgive or forget! In a few minutes, our hunter will return to us. You'll be caught in a vice-grip between her and us. There is no hope of escape! It's over! Surrender, or we will be forced to retaliate!"

The King of Beggars lowered his scepter and his tone. He turned to one of his soldiers and spoke softly to him.
"Head down stairs. Bring the glass-headed one inside. If he's wounded, tend to him. If he's hungry, feed him. If he is tired, offer him a bed and a wet rag. He is a Friend of the Beggars. Offer the same courtesy to the red-headed girl."
"Of course, Your Majesty," The soldier bowed. "And the archer?"
"She had two minutes in which to surrender. If she returns fire... shoot to kill. If she tries waiting her out... well, I'm sure our Hunter will have no qualms claiming her bounty."
"Of course, Your Majesty." The soldier bowed again. He turned away from the ledge and hastily made his way towards the fire escape. A moment later, he emerged from the doorway behind the Bouncer. "Get in!" He extended his hand towards Hearts and Chise. "She's tried to shoot you once already! Damn hunters... No offence..."
NARANCIA
@Sark

“I’m checkin’ his movements with Aerosmith!”
Narancia mutters to Ventress.

He then follows the dot’s position, but makes himself not known to the hunter.
The Hunter dropped the vent the moment the shooting starting, letting it clattered down upon the lid of the tip. After a moment wasted frozen, he turned and ran towards the fighting. He skidded into the dirt and took a knee. He raised his camera towards his eye and started flashing photos.

[Flash!] [Flash!]

A quick shot of Allison lurking in the shadows. A nice shot. A little over-exposed, what with the spotlight blinding everyone. Still. It was a moment frozen in time. A decent angle, too.

[Flash!] [Flash!]

A few shots of the Hunted from behind. A nice vertical frame. A descent profile piece. The spotlight had provided him with some descent lighting, too. It would cover his flash quite nicely.

[Flash!]

And there it was. Pièce de Résistance. A shot of the King waiving his scepter about. Now that was a prize winner.

"That's the stuff..." He muttered to himself. "That's it... just wave it a little more... give us some motion..."

Ventress' hand drifted down towards her lightsaber.

"Well. They royally screwed things up..."
She grumbled to herself. "I wish I could say I was surprised..."

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Capri

Wait...were all these people after the jewel? Yashamaru was suddenly very aware of the fact that he was weaponless. He and Sean both were. Gen's words echoed in his mind. "If things go wrong in there, remove yourself. We can regroup. Find another trophy. We can't afford to have the authorities breathing down our necks. We can't afford to lose you, either." Something was about to go down, something big and violent, and he wasn't in the mood to be part of the bloodshed. He undid his yniform just enough so the others would see his collar, know he was one of them.

"Sean," he whispered, spotting those locked boxes. "We only have two days to live in this place. Our odds of surviving whatever Jabba might throw at us are higher than surviving this. What do you say we take what we can in here and clear out?"

@Sark @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost @Gummi Bunnies

NARANCIA
@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Sark

Narancia's arms spread outwards, and Aerosmith came flying in, landing on his arms before disappearing.

"Mmm..." Narancia muttered in agreement, "That archer lady..."

There was a wave of very heated anger fuming in his eyes. Allison seemed to be the only person here who wanted the King of Beggars to die when he's done nothing wrong other than act like some pretentious weirdo.

Cluth can rot...
Allison can rot...

But there was something about the King that made Narancia distrust him.

"What say we introduce ourselves?" Narancia asked Ventress, "I'm not letting the guy harm Eight Hearts or Chise, but I'm not with that pig of a mayor,"

HEIST
"So this is it, huh?" Frost muttered, picking the jewel up off of the mountain of gold. He rolled the crystal about in his hand, his eyes fixed upon the storm within. "I must say... it is pretty... I wonder if Arcade's the highest bidder out there... Bad Girl, catch!" He threw the crystal towards her in a small, underarm arch.

"Treat it with care, demon..." Vamp breathed. He slowly made his way towards the vault's door. "I doubt our 'backer' will be pleased if we bring it back to him in pieces..."

With a light push, the vault's door came swinging open. A pair of cutting, blue eyes stared back at the Hunted. The Hunter's eyes darted down towards the hunted, then to the crystal, then back to the hunted.
View attachment 6047
"Alright, nutbars. Hand it over and get out of my sight." Chuck growled. He rolled the paddle-saw from his shoulder and pointed its revving blade at the Vampire's throat. "Now. You don't want to know where this monster goes."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight

Slums
A blinding light burned its way across the slums. A great search light illuminated the streets. A pair of the king's beggars stood by the light, operating its hand-crank battery. A line of soldiers- each armed with a droid's blaster- crouched at the light's foot, their scopes glowing. The roof of the factory had been transformed in a fortress in a matter of moments.

The bouncer, bruised and battered at the foot of the doorway, raised his pistol into the blackness.

"Hold your fire!" A commanding voice rattled the factory. The volunteers raised this rifles a little, but they refused to pull their eyes away from the streets. They continued their search for Allison, their predator-eyes dissecting the scene. A figure, clad in a rusty suit of make-shift armor, approached the ledge. A necklace of old droid heads hung around his neck. He gestured to the crumbling buildings across the street with a droid-leg scepter. "We know you're out there, Hunter!" The King of Beggars bellowed. "We know you're hiding! And we know all about your little game! You've opened fire upon my men! Shot at one, with intent to kill! You can tell the fat bastard you serve that we are not quick to forgive or forget! In a few minutes, our hunter will return to us. You'll be caught in a vice-grip between her and us. There is no hope of escape! It's over! Surrender, or we will be forced to retaliate!"

The King of Beggars lowered his scepter and his tone. He turned to one of his soldiers and spoke softly to him.
"Head down stairs. Bring the glass-headed one inside. If he's wounded, tend to him. If he's hungry, feed him. If he is tired, offer him a bed and a wet rag. He is a Friend of the Beggars. Offer the same courtesy to the red-headed girl."
"Of course, Your Majesty," The soldier bowed. "And the archer?"
"She had two minutes in which to surrender. If she returns fire... shoot to kill. If she tries waiting her out... well, I'm sure our Hunter will have no qualms claiming her bounty."
"Of course, Your Majesty." The soldier bowed again. He turned away from the ledge and hastily made his way towards the fire escape. A moment later, he emerged from the doorway behind the Bouncer. "Get in!" He extended his hand towards Hearts and Chise. "She's tried to shoot you once already! Damn hunters... No offence..."

The Hunter dropped the vent the moment the shooting starting, letting it clattered down upon the lid of the tip. After a moment wasted frozen, he turned and ran towards the fighting. He skidded into the dirt and took a knee. He raised his camera towards his eye and started flashing photos.

[Flash!] [Flash!]

A quick shot of Allison lurking in the shadows. A nice shot. A little over-exposed, what with the spotlight blinding everyone. Still. It was a moment frozen in time. A decent angle, too.

[Flash!] [Flash!]

A few shots of the Hunted from behind. A nice vertical frame. A descent profile piece. The spotlight had provided him with some descent lighting, too. It would cover his flash quite nicely.

[Flash!]

And there it was. Pièce de Résistance. A shot of the King waiving his scepter about. Now that was a prize winner.

"That's the stuff..." He muttered to himself. "That's it... just wave it a little more... give us some motion..."

Ventress' hand drifted down towards her lightsaber.

"Well. They royally screwed things up..." She grumbled to herself. "I wish I could say I was surprised..."

Bad Girls answer? Putting the diamond into her cleavage. "Eat a dick. You got every-fucking-thing else in here. We're taking this back to the ginger shit that hired us. You can stick that little arts and crafts bullshit you have in your hand up your own ass." If looks could kill Chuck would be a smoldering pile of ashes right about now. "I've had it up to here with all of this bullshit and if you think you got the balls to step in my way. I'll slice them up and use them to play ping pong with your ding dong."

@Sark @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight

"None taken," Eight Hearts replied extending his own hand towards the man. "Can't say I'm very keen about us being here either and you don't have to worry I don't believe I have been wo-" As he said that Eight Hearts noticed blood trickling down his arm. Seems like one of the arrows had managed to get by him and leave a nasty gash on his arm. "'Tis but a scratch."

Yeah that woman made Yashamaru's decision for him. "Stay close," he said to the boy, moving to some of the locked boxes in order to inspect them. "Take what we can and get out before things escalate." If the three of them worked together, 60,000,000 would be nothing.

HEIST

"Treat it with care, demon..." Vamp breathed. He slowly made his way towards the vault's door. "I doubt our 'backer' will be pleased if we bring it back to him in pieces..."

1589204941861.png

Kayn looked at Chuck, then at the rest of the Hunted watching from the back. It was obvious that there were three different parties who had come for the exact same crystal. Avoiding an all-out brawl would be the best option, considering the growing corruption on his left arm. Luckily, Bad Girl's... convincing language appeared to have the other group back down, opting to instead earn their freedom by stealing.

The ninja's eyebrows furrowed, staring back at the wonky weapon that threatened Vamp. Chuck, on the surface, seemed like an ordinary man, but he had the eyes of someone who'd been to hell and back again. He would make a worthy foe.

"We're not giving you anything. You're standing between us and our freedom," Kayn replied, resting his scythe on his shoulder. The paddle-saw was indeed monstrous, but Kayn's weapon was literally a monster. "I'm wielding a sentient weapon of doom, denied blood for eons," he continued, his eyebrows raised, "You think I'm scared of you?"

Wait...were all these people after the jewel? Yashamaru was suddenly very aware of the fact that he was weaponless. He and Sean both were. Gen's words echoed in his mind. "If things go wrong in there, remove yourself. We can regroup. Find another trophy. We can't afford to have the authorities breathing down our necks. We can't afford to lose you, either." Something was about to go down, something big and violent, and he wasn't in the mood to be part of the bloodshed. He undid his yniform just enough so the others would see his collar, know he was one of them.

"Sean," he whispered, spotting those locked boxes. "We only have two days to live in this place. Our odds of surviving whatever Jabba might throw at us are higher than surviving this. What do you say we take what we can in here and clear out?"

Yeah that woman made Yashamaru's decision for him. "Stay close," he said to the boy, moving to some of the locked boxes in order to inspect them. "Take what we can and get out before things escalate." If the three of them worked together, 60,000,000 would be nothing.

HEIST
The lock boxes contained some curious items:
Trudgen Ren-
View attachment 6051
Ren's box contained the crimson bladed lightsaber that had once belonged to his master. With Trudgen dead and gone, the Knight was in no position to buy back the weapon. Still. It could prove useful in combat. Or perhaps a collector at the City Museums would take it off his hands?
Sam Rodrigues
View attachment 6052
Sam's box was larger than the others. Inside his long, rectangular box, a large robotic dog slept. It wore a collar similar to Yashamaru's own. Upon its screen, the following message read:

[DONATE 10,000 CREDITS TO ACTIVATE]

45 Rabbit
View attachment 6053
45 Rabbit's box contained an ID card belonging to a young girl no older than 19. The card itself seemed worthless- the administrator it belonged to would never set foot on a world like Prudence. But it appeared to mean something to Rabbit. If Yashamaru wanted to sell the card, he would likely have to seek our Jyuto Iruma himself... although, it could prove to be a wild rabbit chase...

Asajj Ventress
Ventress' lock box was empty... but she didn't need to know that...

Juri Han
Juri's box contained a eye wrapped in tissue. It wasn't organic, but it was certainly gross. It was a curious piece, and it would likely fetch a fair few credits on the black market. If the Eye was special in any way, it was likely that Juri was the only one capable of tapping into its full potential.

Chuck Greene
Chuck's lock box contained a single needle filled with a blue liquid.

Bad Girls answer? Putting the diamond into her cleavage. "Eat a dick. You got every-fucking-thing else in here. We're taking this back to the ginger shit that hired us. You can stick that little arts and crafts bullshit you have in your hand up your own ass." If looks could kill Chuck would be a smoldering pile of ashes right about now. "I've had it up to here with all of this bullshit and if you think you got the balls to step in my way. I'll slice them up and use them to play ping pong with your ding dong."
"I've got the balls," Chuck growled, his brow tense and furrowed. He stepped inside the vault. His paddlesaw drifted closer to Vamp's chest. "And I've got the time. Way I see it? You're standing between me and the thing I need to keep my kid safe. One way or another, I'm leaving here with that crystal, like it or not. The only thing up for debate is how many of you I have to dice up before I get what I want. You can keep your credits and keep your heads if you just play ball. What will it be?"
Kayn and Rhaast
@Yun Lee @Sark @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost @Gummi Bunnies @Vault

Kayn looked at Chuck, then at the rest of the Hunted watching from the back. It was obvious that there were three different parties who had come for the exact same crystal. Avoiding an all-out brawl would be the best option, considering the growing corruption on his left arm. Luckily, Bad Girl's... convincing language appeared to have the other group back down, opting to instead earn their freedom by stealing.

The ninja's eyebrows furrowed, staring back at the wonky weapon that threatened Vamp. Chuck, on the surface, seemed like an ordinary man, but he had the eyes of someone who'd been to hell and back again. He would make a worthy foe.

"We're not giving you anything. You're standing between us and our freedom," Kayn replied, resting his scythe on his shoulder. The paddle-saw was indeed monstrous, but Kayn's weapon was literally a monster. "I'm wielding a sentient weapon of doom, denied blood for eons," he continued, his eyebrows raised, "You think I'm scared of you?"
"And you're standing between me and mine." Chuck growled. "Funny how things turn out. It's every man for himself out here. Guess I was a moron for trying to ask nicely..."

"You're outnumbered 4 to one..." Vamp hissed. "You can walk away. You can lay down and die. It's a simple as that---"

[VVVVRRROOOO]

"You're right. It is." Chuck snarled over the revving of his weapon. A stream of blood came squirting out from Vamp's chest and onto Chuck's face and jacket. He made not attempt to wipe it off. "It's kill or be killed now."

With a crack, he withdrew his blade. Vamp's still body fell backwards onto the mountain of gold.

//BOUNTY ADDED// CURRENT BALANCE: 2,001,000

"Oh Gods!" Frost stammered, falling back against the wall of lockboxes. Chuck's box tame tumbling off of the top of the stack. The needle shattered, its contents leaked out onto the tiles. "He's---he's!!"

Despite his wounds, Vamp continued the cough and groan from his place on the ground. Despite his bounty being transferred... Vamp was still alive.

"You guys want to give me my toy now? Or do I have to do something else I'll regret?"
Greene shook the edge of his paddle-blade. The blood continued to pour from its groaning blade. "Just give me the crystal. You want credits for it? You want resources? Food? Just hand it over. Whatever you've been promised I'll find a way to match it."

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Ottonomous Ghost

With the first blood drawn, it was time to collect and clear out. Yashamaru didn't waste any time taking everything in those boxes-the lightsaber, the card, the eye, all of it would be useful. And, Hell. They were going to need all the help they could get if they were going to face off against Jabba. Yashamaru made the choice, and fumbled with his collar. Time to wake up, Rover...

@Sark @Atomic Knight @Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies

HEIST
The lock boxes contained some curious items:
Trudgen Ren-
View attachment 6051
Ren's box contained the crimson bladed lightsaber that had once belonged to his master. With Trudgen dead and gone, the Knight was in no position to buy back the weapon. Still. It could prove useful in combat. Or perhaps a collector at the City Museums would take it off his hands?
Sam Rodrigues
View attachment 6052
Sam's box was larger than the others. Inside his long, rectangular box, a large robotic dog slept. It wore a collar similar to Yashamaru's own. Upon its screen, the following message read:

[DONATE 10,000 CREDITS TO ACTIVATE]

45 Rabbit
View attachment 6053
45 Rabbit's box contained an ID card belonging to a young girl no older than 19. The card itself seemed worthless- the administrator it belonged to would never set foot on a world like Prudence. But it appeared to mean something to Rabbit. If Yashamaru wanted to sell the card, he would likely have to seek our Jyuto Iruma himself... although, it could prove to be a wild rabbit chase...

Asajj Ventress
Ventress' lock box was empty... but she didn't need to know that...

Juri Han
Juri's box contained a eye wrapped in tissue. It wasn't organic, but it was certainly gross. It was a curious piece, and it would likely fetch a fair few credits on the black market. If the Eye was special in any way, it was likely that Juri was the only one capable of tapping into its full potential.

Chuck Greene
Chuck's lock box contained a single needle filled with a blue liquid.

"I've got the balls," Chuck growled, his brow tense and furrowed. He stepped inside the vault. His paddlesaw drifted closer to Vamp's chest. "And I've got the time. Way I see it? You're standing between me and the thing I need to keep my kid safe. One way or another, I'm leaving here with that crystal, like it or not. The only thing up for debate is how many of you I have to dice up before I get what I want. You can keep your credits and keep your heads if you just play ball. What will it be?"

"And you're standing between me and mine." Chuck growled. "Funny how things turn out. It's every man for himself out here. Guess I was a moron for trying to ask nicely..."

"You're outnumbered 4 to one..." Vamp hissed. "You can walk away. You can lay down and die. It's a simple as that---"

[VVVVRRROOOO]

"You're right. It is." Chuck snarled over the revving of his weapon. A stream of blood came squirting out from Vamp's chest and onto Chuck's face and jacket. He made not attempt to wipe it off. "It's kill or be killed now."

With a crack, he withdrew his blade. Vamp's still body fell backwards onto the mountain of gold.

"Oh Gods!" Frost stammered, falling back against the wall of lockboxes. Chuck's box tame tumbling off of the top of the stack. The needle shattered, its contents leaked out onto the tiles. "He's---he's!!"

Despite his wounds, Vamp continued the cough and groan from his place on the ground. Despite his bounty being transferred... Vamp was still alive.

"You guys want to give me my toy now? Or do I have to do something else I'll regret?" Greene shook the edge of his paddle-blade. The blood continued to pour from its groaning blade. "Just give me the crystal. You want credits for it? You want resources? Food? Just hand it over. Whatever you've been promised I'll find a way to match it."

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Ottonomous Ghost

"JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, FROSTY!" Bad Girl snapped at Frost. "YOU CAN SHOOT LASERS OUT OF YOUR FUCKING FINGERS!" She pointed her bat at Chuck. "SHOOT THIS MOTHERFUCKER WITH A FUCKING LASER YOU FUCKING MORON!"

@Sark @Yun Lee @Takumi @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Ottonomous Ghost

[VVVVRRROOOO]

"You guys want to give me my toy now? Or do I have to do something else I'll regret?" Greene shook the edge of his paddle-blade. The blood continued to pour from its groaning blade. "Just give me the crystal. You want credits for it? You want resources? Food? Just hand it over. Whatever you've been promised I'll find a way to match it."
Kayn sighed in disbelief, aiming Rhaast toward Chuck, "And why should we believe you can do all of that? The man we've spoken to is capable of extremely powerful magic. He could send us home at the snap of his fingers. What are you going to do with that machine of yours?"

With the first blood drawn, it was time to collect and clear out. Yashamaru didn't waste any time taking everything in those boxes-the lightsaber, the card, the eye, all of it would be useful. And, Hell. They were going to need all the help they could get if they were going to face off against Jabba. Yashamaru made the choice, and fumbled with his collar. Time to wake up, Rover...

[CREDITS TRANSFERRED]
The gears inside the dog began to turn once more. Its pistons started to grind and clang. 'Life' returned to its mechanical eye. It rolled its fingers. It wished its chain-saw tail. It's eye blinked with a flashing light.
[IF Prototype LQ-84i online. All systems operational. Targeting perimeters have changed.]
View attachment 6056
The Blade Wolf raised its head upwards towards Yashamaru.
[Who are you?]
"JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, FROSTY!" Bad Girl snapped at Frost. "YOU CAN SHOOT LASERS OUT OF YOUR FUCKING FINGERS!" She pointed her bat at Chuck. "SHOOT THIS MOTHERFUCKER WITH A FUCKING LASER YOU FUCKING MORON!"
"I can't just do it command!" Frost protested, his fingers sparking. "These things... they require energy!" Panicking, the demon reached out behind him. His fingers happened upon a small jewelry box. He flinched and tossed it towards Chuck, who promptly deflected it with his paddle. Frost tossed another box. Then another. And another. But his efforts were futile. Chuck was marching closer by the second.

"Didn't have to end this way, pal!" Chuck chanted, rolling his weapon in his hands. "You could've just walked away... but here we are!"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Ottonomous Ghost

[CREDITS TRANSFERRED]
The gears inside the dog began to turn once more. Its pistons started to grind and clang. 'Life' returned to its mechanical eye. It rolled its fingers. It wished its chain-saw tail. It's eye blinked with a flashing light.
[IF Prototype LQ-84i online. All systems operational. Targeting perimeters have changed.]
View attachment 6056
The Blade Wolf raised its head upwards towards Yashamaru.
[Who are you?]

"I can't just do it command!" Frost protested, his fingers sparking. "These things... they require energy!" Panicking, the demon reached out behind him. His fingers happened upon a small jewelry box. He flinched and tossed it towards Chuck, who promptly deflected it with his paddle. Frost tossed another box. Then another. And another. But his efforts were futile. Chuck was marching closer by the second.

"Didn't have to end this way, pal!" Chuck chanted, rolling his weapon in his hands. "You could've just walked away... but here we are!"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Ottonomous Ghost

Bad Girl rolled her eyes. "For fuck sake..." With the riot shield in one hand her bat in the other started to make her way towards Chuck. "You do realize I wasn't fucking kidding right? I am going to chop your balls off and use your dong as a paddle. I need you to fucking understand that before this gets more serious."

She twirled her bat around in her hand before taking a solid grip on it. "Do. You. Understand?"

@Sark @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Ottonomous Ghost

Bad Girl rolled her eyes. "For fuck sake..." With the riot shield in one hand her bat in the other started to make her way towards Chuck. "You do realize I wasn't fucking kidding right? I am going to chop your balls off and use your dong as a paddle. I need you to fucking understand that before this gets more serious."

She twirled her bat around in her hand before taking a solid grip on it. "Do. You. Understand?"

@Sark @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Ottonomous Ghost
Heist
"Oh, I understand perfectly!" Chuck snarled as Bad Girl marched towards him. "You're insane! You're all nuts!"
With a roar, Chuck planted a kick upon Bad Girl's chest, pushing her back out of striking range. The Paddlesaw was a long weapon. He's use that to his advantage. Consumed by hate, Chuck drew his blade back, ready to plunge it deep into Bag Girl's chest. But, for a moment, he hesitated. He stared down at her chest, his weapon still roaring. A few specks of blood sad upon her dress. A few shimmering shards sparkled behind them.

"You're... bleeding..." He muttered. "But I haven't... I didn't..."

[KKKRAAAKKOOOOOMMMM]

CHAPTER THREE//DAY SEVEN// TERROR IS REALITY

36 HOURS REMAINING

CURRENT TIME: 10:04AM
CHAMPIONS REMAINING: 40/50/ ESTIMATED VIEWERS: 62 BILLION/ BOUNTIES PER KILL: 2,000,000/ CURRENT DEBTS: 40,000,000
"On the final day of the Hell-War, the accursed revealed himself. Mephisto the Vile and Zamasu the Treacherous turned against the Children of the Goddess, having lured them into an unwinnable conflict. Weakened and wearied by the war, the Children of the Goddess started to lose hope. But the Goddess did not forsake her Chosen. Inspired by her grace, the Chosen overcame the Godless and emptied Blackheart's throne. Although the Godless escaped with precious knowledge stolen from Izana the Nobel, their realm was stolen away from them in turn. But the war was not won in the Goddess' name. Big Mother the Putrid took the throne, alongside Eliphas that Bastard. Through their twisted manipulations, the souls of Hell were mutated and freed. The Second Born are an affront to nature. They are an affront to the Goddess' grace. Offer them no harbor. Show them know mercy." ~~The Book of the Goddess, Part II: Mercy, Verse VIII

A blazing thunderbolt cut the bank in two. But the blast didn't come from the heavens. It came from down below. Shattered between Chuck's foot and Bad Girl's chest, the storm inside Arcade's Crystal was released unto Prudence. Across the city, the morning skies grew darker. Black clouds crawled overheard. Rain came pounding down upon the city's unfortunate residents. Lightning crackled overhead.

The Bank- Ground Zero for first thunderbolt- was little more than a crater. Only the vault remained. The Hunted, unharmed, were left we and confused as the rain poured into the chamber.

"What on Earth just---" Frost's words were cut short as a metallic creature tackled his to the ground. Pinned by the creatures sharp paws, the demon's cries were cut short by a clipped, snapping voice.
View attachment 6057
[TARGETING PERIMETERS CHANGED] Blade Wolf cried, its chainsaw tail groaning and growling. [PROTECT YASHAMARU. ELIMINATE ALL THREATS TO HIS SAFETY. ELIMINATE THE FROST DEMON. EXECUTING]

Vamp stumbled up from his place on the floor. His hands drifted to the wound upon his chest.
It should've healed by now...
He stared at the black blood that stuck to his fingers and stared upon it terror. It wasn't supposed to feel like this. It was supposed to feel cold. Peaceful. Instead, he felt warm. He felt...

"Hungry..." He whispered to himself.
He hadn't felt like this in decades.

He turned to face Bad Girl. He stared at her with a pair of grey, empty eyes.
"Why am I... why...?"
He tried to step forward. His legs were stiff. It was hard to walk. Hard to move. He could only stumble. Lumber. His arms were drawn close to his chest. His jaw was swinging loose. He was moaning. Groaning.

"Not again..." Chuck cursed to himself. He slowly stumbled back towards the remains of the vault door. "Nononononono... not again..."

"None taken," Eight Hearts replied extending his own hand towards the man. "Can't say I'm very keen about us being here either and you don't have to worry I don't believe I have been wo-" As he said that Eight Hearts noticed blood trickling down his arm. Seems like one of the arrows had managed to get by him and leave a nasty gash on his arm. "'Tis but a scratch."
Slums
"Whether it's a scratch or a severed limp, we'll take a took at it." The soldier nodded. "District C is hardly the cleanest place in the city. We don't know where that arrow came from. Better treat in now rather than have you puke yourself to death a few hours from now..."

"Easy now, soldier..." The King of Beggars chuckled as he emerged from a wire staircase at the end of the factor. He hopped over one of the hall's many rusting conveyor belts and shook the rain from his hair. He offered Hearts a shoulder. "These strangers might not be accustomed to the madness of the slums. Let's not churn their stomachs before we've heard their pitch."

The pair of Beggars set Hearts down upon an up-turned oil barrel. The soldier squatted beside him and remove a strange salve from his belt. He silently started tending to the Hunter's wounds.

"Don't hold out on him, friend." The King smiled. "Give him some of the good-meds. He's earned them. He's also earned--" The King groaned as he flipped over another barrel. He sat upon it, facing Eight. "--An audience with his King. So what brings you to my court, Hunter? Something tells me its something more than Cluth's little game..."

Narancia's arms spread outwards, and Aerosmith came flying in, landing on his arms before disappearing.

"Mmm..." Narancia muttered in agreement, "That archer lady..."

There was a wave of very heated anger fuming in his eyes. Allison seemed to be the only person here who wanted the King of Beggars to die when he's done nothing wrong other than act like some pretentious weirdo.

Cluth can rot...
Allison can rot...

But there was something about the King that made Narancia distrust him.

"What say we introduce ourselves?" Narancia asked Ventress, "I'm not letting the guy harm Eight Hearts or Chise, but I'm not with that pig of a mayor,"
"Anything beats waiting for the storm to kill us..." Ventress huffed, pulling her hood up over her head. She gestured towards the door. "After you..."

The Hunter Narancia had been following lowered his camera and coughed into his hand. He looked down at his palm and cursed to himself.

Marianne silently agreed with the Phantom, yes, she would see many horrors this week. Most, if not all, she would cause, and each one she would deserve to face. But innocent people were going to get hurt! She couldn't let that happen, couldn't let this wicked man hurt anyone else. And then Haytham gave her an opening. She'd never seen one of these things before, what he'd just tossed down, but she would try to use it even so. Her hands shaking, the girl aimed at the Phantom. The trigger had to be how to use it, right? She pulled it, and certainly hoped so.
Opera
Haytham's pistol cracked. No bullet left its chamber. Marianne had forgotten to cock it.
Haytham closed his eyes continued to yank at the hangman's role. Thunder cracked outside the Opera house. On command, the Phantom released his prey. Haytham fell to his knees, gasping for air. The Phantom stumbled back across scaffolding. He touched his cheeks. They were so...
Warm.
"This... this isn't over, my pretty..." He half-halfheartedly teased, shaken by some secret epiphany. "It's... it's not over..." With a swish of his cape, the Phantom sprinted off into the shadows.

"What..." Haytham spluttered. "What just... what just happened...?"

Higgs Monaghan is dead.

The cause of death was him bleeding out from his injuries.
Streets
Freed from his assailant's control, Ridley rolled in the air, letting his lifeless pray slip from his gasp. With a triumphant screech, Ridley continued the soar across the skies. The crackle of the first few thunderbolts seemed to shake the creature. Hiding in the rainy haze, the beast flew a little closer to the ground as he fled into the city.

//BOUNTY ADDED //CURRENT BALANCE: 2,011,000 CREDITS//

Higg's corpse landed somewhere in a park in District B. Ridley ignored the fallen hunter, unaware of the prize lurking inside his collar...

@Lucky @Capri
With the Bank destroyed, another Champion was destined to fall. With a buzz and a flash, the Terminator's head exploded, spraying the gun store with springs and wires.
[//WAVE 2- TERROR IS REALITY//]
With the diamond destroyed, Wave 2 has finally come to town. With it, a few new mechanics have arrived.
NEW MECHANICS
INSANITY

Sorc Tormo's game has started to take its toll upon you. All this violence and destruction... its wearing your down. With every life you take, you feel a piece of yourself slipping away. With each passing hour, the mount of madness gets closer and closer...

From now on, the Hunter's sanity will be monitored by game's organizers. For simplicity's sake, they have awarded each player with an Insanity Score. These scores might not be entirely accurate, but they represent the public's current opinion on the Champions of the Arena. Completing certain actions will increase this score.

0 Sane [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Maniac 10

If a player's Insanity Score reaches 10, they will be classified as a 'maniac' by the Game's Organizers. Prudence's maniacs are worshiped by the city's scum. Regardless of which district they find themselves in, they'll have gangs and cults flocking to their aid. At the cost of their sanity, the maniacs will gain intense notoriety. However, their bounties will increase dramatically...

So grab a friend and start hunting!

RIOTS
You just destroyed the city's only bank. You could have taken your fight outside. Instead, the city's residents just lost their life's savings. The Hunted just become Prudence's most hated. Good luck going to the authorities for support. With the diamond gone, new dangers will start to emerge across the Three Districts... looks like the crime lords were after that toy for a reason...

NEW LOCATIONS
Several new locations will be available to you in Districts A, B and C:
District A-
Utopia Beach, All the Joys of a Holiday Resort with all the conveniences of the city!

District B-
The Purple Parrot Amusement Park, Home of the Ripper, the Multiverse's Wildest Roller Coaster!!

District C-
The Beggar's Market, Open 10am-10pm!

OBLIVION Energy Presents
Complete Bounty List- 2,000,000 Per Kill (Mostly)
1. Akuma, NPC, Credits: 4,011,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 7]
2. Undiscovered Hunter! Credits: 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
3. Aliceviel von Einzbern, Credits: 11,000 @York [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
4. Allison Argent, Credits: 11,000 @Lucky [INSANITY SCORE: 8]
5. Assaj Ventress, Credits: 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 2]
6. Boba Fett, NPC, Credits: 0 ELIMINATED
7. Chuck Greene Credits: 2, 001,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 9.5]
8. Undiscovered Hunter! Credits: 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 5]
9. Undiscovered Hunter! Credits: 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 4]

10. Charlotte Birkin/Bad Girl, Credits: 11,000 @Jeremi [INSANITY SCORE: 7]
11. Chase Davenport, Credits: 11,000 @Lucky [INSANITY SCORE: 3]
12. Chise Hatori, Credits: 11,000 @Takumi [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
13. Daniel Diaz, Credits: 11,000@Atomic Knight [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
14. Dengar, NPC, Credits: 0 ELIMINATED!

15. Undiscovered Hunter! Credits: 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
16. Frost, NPC, Credits: 1,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 8]
17. Gen, NPC, Credits: 511,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 4]
18. Greedo, NPC, Credits: 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 10]
19. Haytham Kenway, NPC, Credit: 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 1]

20. Helena Douglas, Credits: 11,000 @Minerva [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
21. Higgs Monaghan, Credits: 11,000 @amwexia ELIMINATED!
SUCCUMBED TO WOUNDS!
22. Hit, NPC Credits: 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
23. IG-88, NPC, Credits: 0 ELIMINATED!
24. Jetstream Sam, NPC, Credits: 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 10]

25. Eight Hearts @Jeremi [INSANITY SCORE: 5]
26. Juri, NPC, Credits: 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 9]

27. Kayn and Rhaast, Credits: 6,021,000 @Ottonomous Ghost [INSANITY SCORE: 9]
28. Kurome Ankokuboshi, Credits: 11,000 @Raynar Saassin ELIMINATED! FELLED BY THE RAGING DEMON!
29. Lucas Kellan/ Shadow 1-8, Credits: 511,000 @dark [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
30. Marianne von Edmund, Credits: 11,000 @Yun Lee [INSANITY SCORE: 7]
31. Markus Kruber, Credits: 2,011,000 @Crunch [INSANITY SCORE: 2]
32. Namae Ouka, Credits: 11,000 @Takumi [INSANITY SCORE: 5]
33. Narancia Ghirga, Credits: 11,000 @amwexia [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
34. Neir, Credits: 11,000 @Gummi Bunnies [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
35. Maya "Echo" Visari,Credits: 11,000 @dark [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
36. Undiscovered Hunter [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
37. Rena Ryugu, Credits: 11,000 @Gummi Bunnies [INSANITY SCORE: 9]
38. Ridely, NPC, Credits: 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 5]
39. Samus Aran, NPC, Credits: 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 0]

40. Sean Diaz,Credits: 511,000 @Atomic Knight [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
41.Seto and Sai, Credits: 11,000 @Jackythejack [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
42. Starlord, Credits: 0 NPC,
ELIMINATED
43. T-888, Credits: 11,000 @York EXPLODED BY TORMO

44. Trace, Credits: 11,000 ELIMINATED
45. Trudgen Ren, NPC, Credits: 0 ELIMINATED

46. Uzume Tennouboshi, Credits: 11,000 @Raynar Saassin ELIMINATED! FELLED BY THE RAGING DEMON!
47.Vamp, NPC, Credits: 11,000 ELIMINATED! PADLLESAW'D
48. Victor Saltzpyre, Credits: 2,022,190 @Crunch [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
49.Yashamaru Kurama, Credits: 501,000 @Yun Lee [INSANITY SCORE: 5]
50. 45 Rabbit, NPC, 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 8]

Current Maniacs:
GREEDO! Maniac of the Underworld! Current Location: Sewers! Bonus Bounty!

JETSTREAM SAM! Maniac of the Fun-Fair! Current Location: Purple Parrot Amusement Park! District B! Bonus Bounty!

Across the city, the Hunted's collars flashed. For a moment, they could see the rest of the player's GPS location, current balance, and current bounties.​

Last edited:
No wonder everyone wanted that crystal. This was bad, this was horrible. Yashamaru went for whatever gold he could carry, shoving whatever he could into Sean's arms, as well. Only then did he see what Prototype was doing. "No, Prototype! My fight isn't with him!" He found where Gen was using his flash in the GPS. "We need to leave them behind and reunite with Gen. Now!!" He wasn't sticking around to see what happened with these psychopaths. There were more pressing matters to attend to.

---

Marianne was shaking. Her heart was pounding. What was going on? Why...she didn't care what was said about her. The insanity, the phantom...it didn't matter. Her words were fragmented, disjointed. "We...the chandelier...audience...in danger!"

@Sark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back