Side Story Champions of the Arena II: The Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
NARANCIA GHIRGA
@Sark @Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky

Narancia quickly activated Aerosmith and entered the building.

"Oi! Don't think you can leave me hangin' Eights!" Narancia crassly hollered, making his bold entrance. The airplane stand soaring overhead.

Heist
"Oh, I understand perfectly!" Chuck snarled as Bad Girl marched towards him. "You're insane! You're all nuts!"
With a roar, Chuck planted a kick upon Bad Girl's chest, pushing her back out of striking range. The Paddlesaw was a long weapon. He's use that to his advantage. Consumed by hate, Chuck drew his blade back, ready to plunge it deep into Bag Girl's chest. But, for a moment, he hesitated. He stared down at her chest, his weapon still roaring. A few specks of blood sad upon her dress. A few shimmering shards sparkled behind them.

"You're... bleeding..." He muttered. "But I haven't... I didn't..."

[KKKRAAAKKOOOOOMMMM]

CHAPTER THREE//DAY SEVEN// TERROR IS REALITY

36 HOURS REMAINING

CURRENT TIME: 10:04AM
CHAMPIONS REMAINING: 40/50/ ESTIMATED VIEWERS: 62 BILLION/ BOUNTIES PER KILL: 2,000,000/ CURRENT DEBTS: 40,000,000
"On the final day of the Hell-War, the accursed revealed himself. Mephisto the Vile and Zamasu the Treacherous turned against the Children of the Goddess, having lured them into an unwinnable conflict. Weakened and wearied by the war, the Children of the Goddess started to lose hope. But the Goddess did not forsake her Chosen. Inspired by her grace, the Chosen overcame the Godless and emptied Blackheart's throne. Although the Godless escaped with precious knowledge stolen from Izana the Nobel, their realm was stolen away from them in turn. But the war was not won in the Goddess' name. Big Mother the Putrid took the throne, alongside Eliphas that Bastard. Through their twisted manipulations, the souls of Hell were mutated and freed. The Second Born are an affront to nature. They are an affront to the Goddess' grace. Offer them no harbor. Show them know mercy." ~~The Book of the Goddess, Part II: Mercy, Verse VIII

A blazing thunderbolt cut the bank in two. But the blast didn't come from the heavens. It came from down below. Shattered between Chuck's foot and Bad Girl's chest, the storm inside Arcade's Crystal was released unto Prudence. Across the city, the morning skies grew darker. Black clouds crawled overheard. Rain came pounding down upon the city's unfortunate residents. Lightning crackled overhead.

The Bank- Ground Zero for first thunderbolt- was little more than a crater. Only the vault remained. The Hunted, unharmed, were left we and confused as the rain poured into the chamber.

"What on Earth just---" Frost's words were cut short as a metallic creature tackled his to the ground. Pinned by the creatures sharp paws, the demon's cries were cut short by a clipped, snapping voice.
View attachment 6057
[TARGETING PERIMETERS CHANGED] Blade Wolf cried, its chainsaw tail groaning and growling. [PROTECT YASHAMARU. ELIMINATE ALL THREATS TO HIS SAFETY. ELIMINATE THE FROST DEMON. EXECUTING]

Vamp stumbled up from his place on the floor. His hands drifted to the wound upon his chest.
It should've healed by now...
He stared at the black blood that stuck to his fingers and stared upon it terror. It wasn't supposed to feel like this. It was supposed to feel cold. Peaceful. Instead, he felt warm. He felt...

"Hungry..." He whispered to himself.
He hadn't felt like this in decades.

He turned to face Bad Girl. He stared at her with a pair of grey, empty eyes.
"Why am I... why...?"
He tried to step forward. His legs were stiff. It was hard to walk. Hard to move. He could only stumble. Lumber. His arms were drawn close to his chest. His jaw was swinging loose. He was moaning. Groaning.

"Not again..." Chuck cursed to himself. He slowly stumbled back towards the remains of the vault door. "Nononononono... not again..."

Slums
"Whether it's a scratch or a severed limp, we'll take a took at it." The soldier nodded. "District C is hardly the cleanest place in the city. We don't know where that arrow came from. Better treat in now rather than have you puke yourself to death a few hours from now..."

"Easy now, soldier..." The King of Beggars chuckled as he emerged from a wire staircase at the end of the factor. He hopped over one of the hall's many rusting conveyor belts and shook the rain from his hair. He offered Hearts a shoulder. "These strangers might not be accustomed to the madness of the slums. Let's not churn their stomachs before we've heard their pitch."

The pair of Beggars set Hearts down upon an up-turned oil barrel. The soldier squatted beside him and remove a strange salve from his belt. He silently started tending to the Hunter's wounds.

"Don't hold out on him, friend." The King smiled. "Give him some of the good-meds. He's earned them. He's also earned--" The King groaned as he flipped over another barrel. He sat upon it, facing Eight. "--An audience with his King. So what brings you to my court, Hunter? Something tells me its something more than Cluth's little game..."

"Anything beats waiting for the storm to kill us..." Ventress huffed, pulling her hood up over her head. She gestured towards the door. "After you..."

The Hunter Narancia had been following lowered his camera and coughed into his hand. He looked down at his palm and cursed to himself.

Opera
Haytham's pistol cracked. No bullet left its chamber. Marianne had forgotten to cock it.
Haytham closed his eyes continued to yank at the hangman's role. Thunder cracked outside the Opera house. On command, the Phantom released his prey. Haytham fell to his knees, gasping for air. The Phantom stumbled back across scaffolding. He touched his cheeks. They were so...
Warm.
"This... this isn't over, my pretty..." He half-halfheartedly teased, shaken by some secret epiphany. "It's... it's not over..." With a swish of his cape, the Phantom sprinted off into the shadows.

"What..." Haytham spluttered. "What just... what just happened...?"

Streets
Freed from his assailant's control, Ridley rolled in the air, letting his lifeless pray slip from his gasp. With a triumphant screech, Ridley continued the soar across the skies. The crackle of the first few thunderbolts seemed to shake the creature. Hiding in the rainy haze, the beast flew a little closer to the ground as he fled into the city.

//BOUNTY ADDED //CURRENT BALANCE: 2,011,000 CREDITS//

Higg's corpse landed somewhere in a park in District B. Ridley ignored the fallen hunter, unaware of the prize lurking inside his collar...

@Lucky @Capri
With the Bank destroyed, another Champion was destined to fall. With a buzz and a flash, the Terminator's head exploded, spraying the gun store with springs and wires.
[//WAVE 2- TERROR IS REALITY//]
With the diamond destroyed, Wave 2 has finally come to town. With it, a few new mechanics have arrived.
NEW MECHANICS
INSANITY

Sorc Tormo's game has started to take its toll upon you. All this violence and destruction... its wearing your down. With every life you take, you feel a piece of yourself slipping away. With each passing hour, the mount of madness gets closer and closer...

From now on, the Hunter's sanity will be monitored by game's organizers. For simplicity's sake, they have awarded each player with an Insanity Score. These scores might not be entirely accurate, but they represent the public's current opinion on the Champions of the Arena. Completing certain actions will increase this score.

0 Sane [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Maniac 10

If a player's Insanity Score reaches 10, they will be classified as a 'maniac' by the Game's Organizers. Prudence's maniacs are worshiped by the city's scum. Regardless of which district they find themselves in, they'll have gangs and cults flocking to their aid. At the cost of their sanity, the maniacs will gain intense notoriety. However, their bounties will increase dramatically...

So grab a friend and start hunting!

RIOTS
You just destroyed the city's only bank. You could have taken your fight outside. Instead, the city's residents just lost their life's savings. The Hunted just become Prudence's most hated. Good luck going to the authorities for support. With the diamond gone, new dangers will start to emerge across the Three Districts... looks like the crime lords were after that toy for a reason...

NEW LOCATIONS
Several new locations will be available to you in Districts A, B and C:
District A-
Utopia Beach, All the Joys of a Holiday Resort with all the conveniences of the city!

District B-
The Purple Parrot Amusement Park, Home of the Ripper, the Multiverse's Wildest Roller Coaster!!

District C-
The Beggar's Market, Open 10am-10pm!

OBLIVION Energy Presents
Complete Bounty List- 2,000,000 Per Kill (Mostly)
1. Akuma, NPC, Credits: 4,011,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 7]
2. Undiscovered Hunter! Credits: 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
3. Aliceviel von Einzbern, Credits: 11,000 @York [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
4. Allison Argent, Credits: 11,000 @Lucky [INSANITY SCORE: 8]
5. Assaj Ventress, Credits: 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 2]
6. Boba Fett, NPC, Credits: 0 ELIMINATED
7. Chuck Greene Credits: 2, 001,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 9.5]
8. Undiscovered Hunter! Credits: 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 5]
9. Undiscovered Hunter! Credits: 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 4]

10. Charlotte Birkin/Bad Girl, Credits: 11,000 @Jeremi [INSANITY SCORE: 7]
11. Chase Davenport, Credits: 11,000 @Lucky [INSANITY SCORE: 3]
12. Chise Hatori, Credits: 11,000 @Takumi [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
13. Daniel Diaz, Credits: 11,000@Atomic Knight [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
14. Dengar, NPC, Credits: 0 ELIMINATED!

15. Undiscovered Hunter! Credits: 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
16. Frost, NPC, Credits: 1,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 8]
17. Gen, NPC, Credits: 511,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 4]
18. Greedo, NPC, Credits: 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 10]
19. Haytham Kenway, NPC, Credit: 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 1]

20. Helena Douglas, Credits: 11,000 @Minerva [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
21. Higgs Monaghan, Credits: 11,000 @amwexia ELIMINATED!
SUCCUMBED TO WOUNDS!
22. Hit, NPC Credits: 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
23. IG-88, NPC, Credits: 0 ELIMINATED!
24. Jetstream Sam, NPC, Credits: 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 10]

25. Eight Hearts @Jeremi [INSANITY SCORE: 5]
26. Juri, NPC, Credits: 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 9]

27. Kayn and Rhaast, Credits: 6,021,000 @Ottonomous Ghost [INSANITY SCORE: 9]
28. Kurome Ankokuboshi, Credits: 11,000 @Raynar Saassin ELIMINATED! FELLED BY THE RAGING DEMON!
29. Lucas Kellan/ Shadow 1-8, Credits: 511,000 @dark [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
30. Marianne von Edmund, Credits: 11,000 @Yun Lee [INSANITY SCORE: 7]
31. Markus Kruber, Credits: 2,011,000 @Crunch [INSANITY SCORE: 2]
32. Namae Ouka, Credits: 11,000 @Takumi [INSANITY SCORE: 5]
33. Narancia Ghirga, Credits: 11,000 @amwexia [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
34. Neir, Credits: 11,000 @Gummi Bunnies [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
35. Maya "Echo" Visari,Credits: 11,000 @dark [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
36. Undiscovered Hunter [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
37. Rena Ryugu, Credits: 11,000 @Gummi Bunnies [INSANITY SCORE: 9]
38. Ridely, NPC, Credits: 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 5]
39. Samus Aran, NPC, Credits: 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 0]

40. Sean Diaz,Credits: 511,000 @Atomic Knight [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
41.Seto and Sai, Credits: 11,000 @Jackythejack [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
42. Starlord, Credits: 0 NPC,
ELIMINATED
43. T-888, Credits: 11,000 @York EXPLODED BY TORMO

44. Trace, Credits: 11,000 ELIMINATED
45. Trudgen Ren, NPC, Credits: 0 ELIMINATED

46. Uzume Tennouboshi, Credits: 11,000 @Raynar Saassin ELIMINATED! FELLED BY THE RAGING DEMON!
47.Vamp, NPC, Credits: 11,000 ELIMINATED! PADLLESAW'D
48. Victor Saltzpyre, Credits: 2,022,190 @Crunch [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
49.Yashamaru Kurama, Credits: 501,000 @Yun Lee [INSANITY SCORE: 5]
50. 45 Rabbit, NPC, 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 8]

Current Maniacs:
GREEDO! Maniac of the Underworld! Current Location: Sewers! Bonus Bounty!

JETSTREAM SAM! Maniac of the Fun-Fair! Current Location: Purple Parrot Amusement Park! District B! Bonus Bounty!

Across the city, the Hunted's collars flashed. For a moment, they could see the rest of the player's GPS location, current balance, and current bounties.​

"Fuck me with stick..." Bad Girl muttered to herself as all hell broke loose around them. She knew that she was the bomb but...what the fuck was that thing that Arcade wanted them to get anyway? Well she was distracted by Vamp creeping towards her. If he expected any sympathy...

WACK

Bad Girl's bat hit Vamp on the side of his head. If he fell to the ground she'd continue to beat on him until his head was nothing but red paste. Her pink dress now had some sizeable amount of blood splatter on it as well. "Yo, Frosty!" She called out to Frost as she wiped her brow. "You think Arcade wants to see us after this fucking shit show?" She pointed to Chuck. "Think we can blame it on forever 21 over there?"​

@Sark @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Ottonomous Ghost

"Well I come from actual Hell," Eight Hearts replied to the King as he was being patched up. "This is a vast improvement if I do say so myself." He listened intently to what the King had to say. "No, you're right. I will be honest I was close to eliminating Cluth once the deal was struck but I figured he would've had a contingency. Bloated fools like him love those. I came here to see what this supposed vile King of the Slums was for a man and I am pleasantly surprised. So I'm curious to see how interested you are in getting rid of Cluth and if you would be interested in doing it with us?"

NARANCIA GHIRGA

"Oi! Don't think you can leave me hangin' Eights!" Narancia crassly hollered, making his bold entrance. The airplane stand soaring overhead.

Eight Hearts nodded towards Narancia as he came into view. "As long as you have a clear head on your shoulders I'm happy to see you."

@Sark @Capri @Takumi @Lucky

HEIST
"So this is it, huh?" Frost muttered, picking the jewel up off of the mountain of gold. He rolled the crystal about in his hand, his eyes fixed upon the storm within. "I must say... it is pretty... I wonder if Arcade's the highest bidder out there... Bad Girl, catch!" He threw the crystal towards her in a small, underarm arch.

"Treat it with care, demon..." Vamp breathed. He slowly made his way towards the vault's door. "I doubt our 'backer' will be pleased if we bring it back to him in pieces..."

With a light push, the vault's door came swinging open. A pair of cutting, blue eyes stared back at the Hunted. The Hunter's eyes darted down towards the hunted, then to the crystal, then back to the hunted.
View attachment 6047
"Alright, nutbars. Hand it over and get out of my sight." Chuck growled. He rolled the paddle-saw from his shoulder and pointed its revving blade at the Vampire's throat. "Now. You don't want to know where this monster goes."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight

Slums
A blinding light burned its way across the slums. A great search light illuminated the streets. A pair of the king's beggars stood by the light, operating its hand-crank battery. A line of soldiers- each armed with a droid's blaster- crouched at the light's foot, their scopes glowing. The roof of the factory had been transformed in a fortress in a matter of moments.

The bouncer, bruised and battered at the foot of the doorway, raised his pistol into the blackness.

"Hold your fire!" A commanding voice rattled the factory. The volunteers raised this rifles a little, but they refused to pull their eyes away from the streets. They continued their search for Allison, their predator-eyes dissecting the scene. A figure, clad in a rusty suit of make-shift armor, approached the ledge. A necklace of old droid heads hung around his neck. He gestured to the crumbling buildings across the street with a droid-leg scepter. "We know you're out there, Hunter!" The King of Beggars bellowed. "We know you're hiding! And we know all about your little game! You've opened fire upon my men! Shot at one, with intent to kill! You can tell the fat bastard you serve that we are not quick to forgive or forget! In a few minutes, our hunter will return to us. You'll be caught in a vice-grip between her and us. There is no hope of escape! It's over! Surrender, or we will be forced to retaliate!"

The King of Beggars lowered his scepter and his tone. He turned to one of his soldiers and spoke softly to him.
"Head down stairs. Bring the glass-headed one inside. If he's wounded, tend to him. If he's hungry, feed him. If he is tired, offer him a bed and a wet rag. He is a Friend of the Beggars. Offer the same courtesy to the red-headed girl."
"Of course, Your Majesty," The soldier bowed. "And the archer?"
"She had two minutes in which to surrender. If she returns fire... shoot to kill. If she tries waiting her out... well, I'm sure our Hunter will have no qualms claiming her bounty."
"Of course, Your Majesty." The soldier bowed again. He turned away from the ledge and hastily made his way towards the fire escape. A moment later, he emerged from the doorway behind the Bouncer. "Get in!" He extended his hand towards Hearts and Chise. "She's tried to shoot you once already! Damn hunters... No offence..."

The Hunter dropped the vent the moment the shooting starting, letting it clattered down upon the lid of the tip. After a moment wasted frozen, he turned and ran towards the fighting. He skidded into the dirt and took a knee. He raised his camera towards his eye and started flashing photos.

[Flash!] [Flash!]

A quick shot of Allison lurking in the shadows. A nice shot. A little over-exposed, what with the spotlight blinding everyone. Still. It was a moment frozen in time. A decent angle, too.

[Flash!] [Flash!]

A few shots of the Hunted from behind. A nice vertical frame. A descent profile piece. The spotlight had provided him with some descent lighting, too. It would cover his flash quite nicely.

[Flash!]

And there it was. Pièce de Résistance. A shot of the King waiving his scepter about. Now that was a prize winner.

"That's the stuff..." He muttered to himself. "That's it... just wave it a little more... give us some motion..."

Ventress' hand drifted down towards her lightsaber.

"Well. They royally screwed things up..." She grumbled to herself. "I wish I could say I was surprised..."

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Capri

Chise hesitated a moment at the offer, before heading inside after Eight Hearts was led inside.

"Fuck me with stick..." Bad Girl muttered to herself as all hell broke loose around them. She knew that she was the bomb but...what the fuck was that thing that Arcade wanted them to get anyway? Well she was distracted by Vamp creeping towards her. If he expected any sympathy...

WACK

Bad Girl's bat hit Vamp on the side of his head. If he fell to the ground she'd continue to beat on him until his head was nothing but red paste. Her pink dress now had some sizeable amount of blood splatter on it as well. "Yo, Frosty!" She called out to Frost as she wiped her brow. "You think Arcade wants to see us after this fucking shit show?" She pointed to Chuck. "Think we can blame it on forever 21 over there?"​

@Sark @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Ottonomous Ghost

"Well I come from actual Hell," Eight Hearts replied to the King as he was being patched up. "This is a vast improvement if I do say so myself." He listened intently to what the King had to say. "No, you're right. I will be honest I was close to eliminating Cluth once the deal was struck but I figured he would've had a contingency. Bloated fools like him love those. I came here to see what this supposed vile King of the Slums was for a man and I am pleasantly surprised. So I'm curious to see how interested you are in getting rid of Cluth and if you would be interested in doing it with us?"

Eight Hearts nodded towards Narancia as he came into view. "As long as you have a clear head on your shoulders I'm happy to see you."

@Sark @Capri @Takumi @Lucky

"I didn't like having to talk to Cluth a single second we were there." Chise spoke up, watching the Beggar's man with the paste curiously. What kind if medicine was that? Did one if their people know how to make medicines?

NARANCIA GHIRGA

Chise turned her face to Narancia as Eight Heart's greeted him, looking him over to ensure he wasn't hurt on his way in. She was glad to see him, on one hand, on the other, she hoped that he wouldn't do anything potentially reckless. Or that the King of Beggars wouldn't think of the young man as a threat.

@Sark @Jeremi @Capri @Lucky @York @District C/Slums

As Daniel stepped in to help, Ouka dropped his barrier around himself and the two 9s, holding two crystalized weapons in hand at the ready in case of another attack from any of the 9s or civilians, one held defensively while the other was held offensively as he attempted to focus his senses on his enemies. Hopefully, Neir's scare tactic worked in intimidating some of the Hunters or civilians present.

@Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight @District B/Mall

Allison Argent

Allison knew better than to turn herself over, no matter what the king demanded. She would take a moment to assess from her vantage point, the easiest route of escap-e.. She had a different idea now-especially now that she had seen the man. It was going to take being careful though. Which meant that she had to go against her better judgment. " I'm here," she replied, slowly raising her hands up and keeping her weapons sheathed for now.

@Sark @Jeremi @Capri @York @Takumi

Chase Davenport

Chase would commit all of the other champions location to memory and he realized he would want to do two things. Thing 1) retrieve the remaining funds from Higgs's corpse. Thign 2) Going to the amusement and get rid of the maniac there.

@Sark

Heist
"Oh, I understand perfectly!" Chuck snarled as Bad Girl marched towards him. "You're insane! You're all nuts!"
With a roar, Chuck planted a kick upon Bad Girl's chest, pushing her back out of striking range. The Paddlesaw was a long weapon. He's use that to his advantage. Consumed by hate, Chuck drew his blade back, ready to plunge it deep into Bag Girl's chest. But, for a moment, he hesitated. He stared down at her chest, his weapon still roaring. A few specks of blood sad upon her dress. A few shimmering shards sparkled behind them.

"You're... bleeding..." He muttered. "But I haven't... I didn't..."

[KKKRAAAKKOOOOOMMMM]

CHAPTER THREE//DAY SEVEN// TERROR IS REALITY

36 HOURS REMAINING

CURRENT TIME: 10:04AM
CHAMPIONS REMAINING: 40/50/ ESTIMATED VIEWERS: 62 BILLION/ BOUNTIES PER KILL: 2,000,000/ CURRENT DEBTS: 40,000,000
"On the final day of the Hell-War, the accursed revealed himself. Mephisto the Vile and Zamasu the Treacherous turned against the Children of the Goddess, having lured them into an unwinnable conflict. Weakened and wearied by the war, the Children of the Goddess started to lose hope. But the Goddess did not forsake her Chosen. Inspired by her grace, the Chosen overcame the Godless and emptied Blackheart's throne. Although the Godless escaped with precious knowledge stolen from Izana the Nobel, their realm was stolen away from them in turn. But the war was not won in the Goddess' name. Big Mother the Putrid took the throne, alongside Eliphas that Bastard. Through their twisted manipulations, the souls of Hell were mutated and freed. The Second Born are an affront to nature. They are an affront to the Goddess' grace. Offer them no harbor. Show them know mercy." ~~The Book of the Goddess, Part II: Mercy, Verse VIII

A blazing thunderbolt cut the bank in two. But the blast didn't come from the heavens. It came from down below. Shattered between Chuck's foot and Bad Girl's chest, the storm inside Arcade's Crystal was released unto Prudence. Across the city, the morning skies grew darker. Black clouds crawled overheard. Rain came pounding down upon the city's unfortunate residents. Lightning crackled overhead.

The Bank- Ground Zero for first thunderbolt- was little more than a crater. Only the vault remained. The Hunted, unharmed, were left we and confused as the rain poured into the chamber.

"What on Earth just---" Frost's words were cut short as a metallic creature tackled his to the ground. Pinned by the creatures sharp paws, the demon's cries were cut short by a clipped, snapping voice.
View attachment 6057
[TARGETING PERIMETERS CHANGED] Blade Wolf cried, its chainsaw tail groaning and growling. [PROTECT YASHAMARU. ELIMINATE ALL THREATS TO HIS SAFETY. ELIMINATE THE FROST DEMON. EXECUTING]

Vamp stumbled up from his place on the floor. His hands drifted to the wound upon his chest.
It should've healed by now...
He stared at the black blood that stuck to his fingers and stared upon it terror. It wasn't supposed to feel like this. It was supposed to feel cold. Peaceful. Instead, he felt warm. He felt...

"Hungry..." He whispered to himself.
He hadn't felt like this in decades.

He turned to face Bad Girl. He stared at her with a pair of grey, empty eyes.
"Why am I... why...?"
He tried to step forward. His legs were stiff. It was hard to walk. Hard to move. He could only stumble. Lumber. His arms were drawn close to his chest. His jaw was swinging loose. He was moaning. Groaning.

"Not again..." Chuck cursed to himself. He slowly stumbled back towards the remains of the vault door. "Nononononono... not again..."

Slums
"Whether it's a scratch or a severed limp, we'll take a took at it." The soldier nodded. "District C is hardly the cleanest place in the city. We don't know where that arrow came from. Better treat in now rather than have you puke yourself to death a few hours from now..."

"Easy now, soldier..." The King of Beggars chuckled as he emerged from a wire staircase at the end of the factor. He hopped over one of the hall's many rusting conveyor belts and shook the rain from his hair. He offered Hearts a shoulder. "These strangers might not be accustomed to the madness of the slums. Let's not churn their stomachs before we've heard their pitch."

The pair of Beggars set Hearts down upon an up-turned oil barrel. The soldier squatted beside him and remove a strange salve from his belt. He silently started tending to the Hunter's wounds.

"Don't hold out on him, friend." The King smiled. "Give him some of the good-meds. He's earned them. He's also earned--" The King groaned as he flipped over another barrel. He sat upon it, facing Eight. "--An audience with his King. So what brings you to my court, Hunter? Something tells me its something more than Cluth's little game..."

"Anything beats waiting for the storm to kill us..." Ventress huffed, pulling her hood up over her head. She gestured towards the door. "After you..."

The Hunter Narancia had been following lowered his camera and coughed into his hand. He looked down at his palm and cursed to himself.

Opera
Haytham's pistol cracked. No bullet left its chamber. Marianne had forgotten to cock it.
Haytham closed his eyes continued to yank at the hangman's role. Thunder cracked outside the Opera house. On command, the Phantom released his prey. Haytham fell to his knees, gasping for air. The Phantom stumbled back across scaffolding. He touched his cheeks. They were so...
Warm.
"This... this isn't over, my pretty..." He half-halfheartedly teased, shaken by some secret epiphany. "It's... it's not over..." With a swish of his cape, the Phantom sprinted off into the shadows.

"What..." Haytham spluttered. "What just... what just happened...?"

Streets
Freed from his assailant's control, Ridley rolled in the air, letting his lifeless pray slip from his gasp. With a triumphant screech, Ridley continued the soar across the skies. The crackle of the first few thunderbolts seemed to shake the creature. Hiding in the rainy haze, the beast flew a little closer to the ground as he fled into the city.

//BOUNTY ADDED //CURRENT BALANCE: 2,011,000 CREDITS//

Higg's corpse landed somewhere in a park in District B. Ridley ignored the fallen hunter, unaware of the prize lurking inside his collar...

@Lucky @Capri
With the Bank destroyed, another Champion was destined to fall. With a buzz and a flash, the Terminator's head exploded, spraying the gun store with springs and wires.
[//WAVE 2- TERROR IS REALITY//]
With the diamond destroyed, Wave 2 has finally come to town. With it, a few new mechanics have arrived.
NEW MECHANICS
INSANITY

Sorc Tormo's game has started to take its toll upon you. All this violence and destruction... its wearing your down. With every life you take, you feel a piece of yourself slipping away. With each passing hour, the mount of madness gets closer and closer...

From now on, the Hunter's sanity will be monitored by game's organizers. For simplicity's sake, they have awarded each player with an Insanity Score. These scores might not be entirely accurate, but they represent the public's current opinion on the Champions of the Arena. Completing certain actions will increase this score.

0 Sane [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Maniac 10

If a player's Insanity Score reaches 10, they will be classified as a 'maniac' by the Game's Organizers. Prudence's maniacs are worshiped by the city's scum. Regardless of which district they find themselves in, they'll have gangs and cults flocking to their aid. At the cost of their sanity, the maniacs will gain intense notoriety. However, their bounties will increase dramatically...

So grab a friend and start hunting!

RIOTS
You just destroyed the city's only bank. You could have taken your fight outside. Instead, the city's residents just lost their life's savings. The Hunted just become Prudence's most hated. Good luck going to the authorities for support. With the diamond gone, new dangers will start to emerge across the Three Districts... looks like the crime lords were after that toy for a reason...

NEW LOCATIONS
Several new locations will be available to you in Districts A, B and C:
District A-
Utopia Beach, All the Joys of a Holiday Resort with all the conveniences of the city!

District B-
The Purple Parrot Amusement Park, Home of the Ripper, the Multiverse's Wildest Roller Coaster!!

District C-
The Beggar's Market, Open 10am-10pm!

OBLIVION Energy Presents
Complete Bounty List- 2,000,000 Per Kill (Mostly)
1. Akuma, NPC, Credits: 4,011,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 7]
2. Undiscovered Hunter! Credits: 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
3. Aliceviel von Einzbern, Credits: 11,000 @York [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
4. Allison Argent, Credits: 11,000 @Lucky [INSANITY SCORE: 8]
5. Assaj Ventress, Credits: 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 2]
6. Boba Fett, NPC, Credits: 0 ELIMINATED
7. Chuck Greene Credits: 2, 001,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 9.5]
8. Undiscovered Hunter! Credits: 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 5]
9. Undiscovered Hunter! Credits: 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 4]

10. Charlotte Birkin/Bad Girl, Credits: 11,000 @Jeremi [INSANITY SCORE: 7]
11. Chase Davenport, Credits: 11,000 @Lucky [INSANITY SCORE: 3]
12. Chise Hatori, Credits: 11,000 @Takumi [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
13. Daniel Diaz, Credits: 11,000@Atomic Knight [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
14. Dengar, NPC, Credits: 0 ELIMINATED!

15. Undiscovered Hunter! Credits: 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
16. Frost, NPC, Credits: 1,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 8]
17. Gen, NPC, Credits: 511,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 4]
18. Greedo, NPC, Credits: 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 10]
19. Haytham Kenway, NPC, Credit: 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 1]

20. Helena Douglas, Credits: 11,000 @Minerva [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
21. Higgs Monaghan, Credits: 11,000 @amwexia ELIMINATED!
SUCCUMBED TO WOUNDS!
22. Hit, NPC Credits: 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
23. IG-88, NPC, Credits: 0 ELIMINATED!
24. Jetstream Sam, NPC, Credits: 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 10]

25. Eight Hearts @Jeremi [INSANITY SCORE: 5]
26. Juri, NPC, Credits: 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 9]

27. Kayn and Rhaast, Credits: 6,021,000 @Ottonomous Ghost [INSANITY SCORE: 9]
28. Kurome Ankokuboshi, Credits: 11,000 @Raynar Saassin ELIMINATED! FELLED BY THE RAGING DEMON!
29. Lucas Kellan/ Shadow 1-8, Credits: 511,000 @dark [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
30. Marianne von Edmund, Credits: 11,000 @Yun Lee [INSANITY SCORE: 7]
31. Markus Kruber, Credits: 2,011,000 @Crunch [INSANITY SCORE: 2]
32. Namae Ouka, Credits: 11,000 @Takumi [INSANITY SCORE: 5]
33. Narancia Ghirga, Credits: 11,000 @amwexia [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
34. Neir, Credits: 11,000 @Gummi Bunnies [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
35. Maya "Echo" Visari,Credits: 11,000 @dark [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
36. Undiscovered Hunter [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
37. Rena Ryugu, Credits: 11,000 @Gummi Bunnies [INSANITY SCORE: 9]
38. Ridely, NPC, Credits: 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 5]
39. Samus Aran, NPC, Credits: 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 0]

40. Sean Diaz,Credits: 511,000 @Atomic Knight [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
41.Seto and Sai, Credits: 11,000 @Jackythejack [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
42. Starlord, Credits: 0 NPC,
ELIMINATED
43. T-888, Credits: 11,000 @York EXPLODED BY TORMO

44. Trace, Credits: 11,000 ELIMINATED
45. Trudgen Ren, NPC, Credits: 0 ELIMINATED

46. Uzume Tennouboshi, Credits: 11,000 @Raynar Saassin ELIMINATED! FELLED BY THE RAGING DEMON!
47.Vamp, NPC, Credits: 11,000 ELIMINATED! PADLLESAW'D
48. Victor Saltzpyre, Credits: 2,022,190 @Crunch [INSANITY SCORE: 0]
49.Yashamaru Kurama, Credits: 501,000 @Yun Lee [INSANITY SCORE: 5]
50. 45 Rabbit, NPC, 11,000 [INSANITY SCORE: 8]

Current Maniacs:
GREEDO! Maniac of the Underworld! Current Location: Sewers! Bonus Bounty!

JETSTREAM SAM! Maniac of the Fun-Fair! Current Location: Purple Parrot Amusement Park! District B! Bonus Bounty!

Across the city, the Hunted's collars flashed. For a moment, they could see the rest of the player's GPS location, current balance, and current bounties.​
Kayn could barely comprehend what was happening as the world itself seemed to sunder before him. He didn't even see the moment when the gem shattered. His cocky grin reversed into a terrified scowl as he struggled to keep his balance, falling to his knees. He couldn't believe his eyes; was the world ending? "Oh how I love this world... chaos at every turn..."

He stood up slowly, soaked from rainwater. His hair hung low, covering his eyes. And, of course, he was left unharmed in spite of it all. It was likely that whatever forces were at play, they were determined to see him participate and murder until the very end.

He clenched his fists. He felt lost in this chaotic world, powerless to change anything. As several negative thoughts creeped into his mind, he put a hand on his head. Why did he feel so weak? It didn't make sense. He wasn't physically weak, but his mind was a haze. He saw himself in a black void. A red sea flooded into view.

He opened his eyes and gasped suddenly, moving his hair aside so he could see.

WACK

Bad Girl's bat hit Vamp on the side of his head. If he fell to the ground she'd continue to beat on him until his head was nothing but red paste. Her pink dress now had some sizeable amount of blood splatter on it as well.

The moment his eyes settled on Bad Girl, he saw her bludgeoning Vamp's corpse.

He clenched his teeth. She was the reason this happened. Kill her. He took a few shaky steps forward. His Darkin eye blazed as Rhaast's corruption spread to fully cover Kayn's shoulder.

But he tensed up and forced his eyes closed. "You're not winning, Rhaast," he snarled before setting his sights on the Frost Demon. He was the only respectable one here, and saving him took priority over a grudge.
1589299123839.png

No wonder everyone wanted that crystal. This was bad, this was horrible. Yashamaru went for whatever gold he could carry, shoving whatever he could into Sean's arms, as well. Only then did he see what Prototype was doing. "No, Prototype! My fight isn't with him!" He found where Gen was using his flash in the GPS. "We need to leave them behind and reunite with Gen. Now!!" He wasn't sticking around to see what happened with these psychopaths. There were more pressing matters to attend to.
Kayn doubted Yashamaru's orders would be registered in time. He rushed over and swiped upward with his scythe, knocking the dog far away from Frost. He turned to Yashamaru with a dark expression. "Another second, and he would've died," he snapped, pointing his scythe at the samurai, "Don't let the spoils of war distract you from the people around you."
He lowered his weapon and impatiently stepped toward Chuck with sharp breaths. "What do you mean, 'not again?' What do you know about all of this?"

Yashamaru narrowed his eyes at Kayn. "Don't preach to me of spoils," he retorted, "When you have the highest balance of us all. I can only imagine how much of that was paid in the blood of the people around you."

But he was no longer interested in talking, or these people in the vault. "Prototype! Stand down!" If the creature had survived Kayn's attack, Yashamaru hoped he would listen. "We move out and regroup with Gen, now." With a hand on Sean's shoulder, the two of them would sermingly vanish into thin air, leaving nothing behind but a handful of black crow's feathers.

In reality, Yashamaru was moving at a superhuman speed, using the air itself as a way to get out of the area before things got any worse. Luckily it seemed the five (four?) within the vault would be too distracted with each other to do anything else. He hoped Prototype would follow. If not, that was 10,000 credits down the drain.

@Sark @Atomic Knight @Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies

Kayn doubted Yashamaru's orders would be registered in time. He rushed over and swiped upward with his scythe, knocking the dog far away from Frost. He turned to Yashamaru with a dark expression. "Another second, and he would've died," he snapped, pointing his scythe at the samurai, "Don't let the spoils of war distract you from the people around you."

WACK

Bad Girl's bat hit Vamp on the side of his head. If he fell to the ground she'd continue to beat on him until his head was nothing but red paste. Her pink dress now had some sizeable amount of blood splatter on it as well. "Yo, Frosty!" She called out to Frost as she wiped her brow. "You think Arcade wants to see us after this fucking shit show?" She pointed to Chuck. "Think we can blame it on forever 21 over there?"
Heist
"Yes, I'm fine, thank you for asking!" Frost gasped and coughed as he clumsily staggered to his feet. "I could've died, and all you can think about is Arcade? What's wrong with you!?" The Frost Demon threw his body against the vault wall for support, nursing the wounds the Blade Wolf had inflicted upon his shoulder. "If it wasn't for Kayn, I'd be..." He shuddered. "And you? You'd be jamming your dirty fingers in my collar, no doubt! Go back to Arcade. Maybe he'll give you another mission. Maybe he'll kill you. I don't care. You done nothing but berate and bully me since we arrived, and I'm sick of it! I'm not sticking my neck out for you. Not anymore!"

Insanity Score Change:
Frost:

0 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] 10

Current Insanity Score: 9

"I'm sticking with Kayn!" He snapped. "Fuck! You!" He growled, barely understanding what the words meant.

Gasping for air, Frost turned back to Kayn.

"Thank you, friend..." He sighed. "I am indebted to you..."

He lowered his weapon and impatiently stepped toward Chuck with sharp breaths. "What do you mean, 'not again?' What do you know about all of this?"
View attachment 6068
"Look, I don't know jack about magic crystals and crazy thunderbolts," Chuck snapped in response. "But that?" He shot a finger down towards Vamp's twitching, pulpy remains. "That brings back a few memories I'd rather keep buried. Look, I need to go check up on my daughter. I got a hunch and I prayin' I'm wrong."
Chuck raised a few of his fingers and slowly stepped back towards the vault's door.
"I'm walking away," He added calmly, keeping his weapon close to his chest. "I don't want any more trouble from you guys. With the diamond gone, I don't want to go about cutting anyone in half. I've got a safe-house set up in District B. Got some people down there who want to wait this whole thing out. If you guys want to try acting normal, I can get you inside. If you want to go back to beating bodies and mauling demons, you can do that too. I ain't gonna stop you."

Yashamaru narrowed his eyes at Kayn. "Don't preach to me of spoils," he retorted, "When you have the highest balance of us all. I can only imagine how much of that was paid in the blood of the people around you."

But he was no longer interested in talking, or these people in the vault. "Prototype! Stand down!" If the creature had survived Kayn's attack, Yashamaru hoped he would listen. "We move out and regroup with Gen, now." With a hand on Sean's shoulder, the two of them would sermingly vanish into thin air, leaving nothing behind but a handful of black crow's feathers.

In reality, Yashamaru was moving at a superhuman speed, using the air itself as a way to get out of the area before things got any worse. Luckily it seemed the five (four?) within the vault would be too distracted with each other to do anything else. He hoped Prototype would follow. If not, that was 10,000 credits down the drain.

@Sark @Atomic Knight @Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies
At Yashamaru's insistence, the Blade Wolf heeled and slowly prowled back to his master's side, his 'nose' pointed down towards the dirt in shame.
[Yielding...] The Prototype replied, falling in line. [Targeting parameters changed...]
Upon arriving at Gen's rooftop, Yashamaru would find the site to have been left in a horrendous state. The makeshift table and chairs Gen had assembled- an overturned barrel, a cracked crate and a stack of newspapers- had been crushed and burned. The growing storm was slowly putting out the flames. The pigeon pen that had once sat at the edge of the roof had been completely destroyed. Gen's semi-conscious body sat among the shards of broken wood. His robes were stained with blood.

"Ah... You made it back... Good... Good..." He cawed. "I take it you were unsuccessful? You see, an old friend of yours decided to pay me a visit... clearly, he bares a grudge..."

"G-Gen!!" Yashamaru rushed to the old man's side, horrified. "Who...who did this?!" An old friend? A grudge?! Who had he possibly made enemies with here? Unless... "Was it someone from my own world?" He wouldn't be surprised if bad blood had brewed back home. He was a known enemy of corruption there...but who would have targeted Gen?

@Sark @Atomic Knight

Heist
"Yes, I'm fine, thank you for asking!" Frost gasped and coughed as he clumsily staggered to his feet. "I could've died, and all you can think about is Arcade? What's wrong with you!?" The Frost Demon threw his body against the vault wall for support, nursing the wounds the Blade Wolf had inflicted upon his shoulder. "If it wasn't for Kayn, I'd be..." He shuddered. "And you? You'd be jamming your dirty fingers in my collar, no doubt! Go back to Arcade. Maybe he'll give you another mission. Maybe he'll kill you. I don't care. You done nothing but berate and bully me since we arrived, and I'm sick of it! I'm not sticking my neck out for you. Not anymore!"

Insanity Score Change:
Frost:

"I'm sticking with Kayn!" He snapped. "Fuck! You!" He growled, barely understanding what the words meant.

View attachment 6068
"Look, I don't know jack about magic crystals and crazy thunderbolts," Chuck snapped in response. "But that?" He shot a finger down towards Vamp's twitching, pulpy remains. "That brings back a few memories I'd rather keep buried. Look, I need to go check up on my daughter. I got a hunch and I prayin' I'm wrong."
Chuck raised a few of his fingers and slowly stepped back towards the vault's door.
"I'm walking away," He added calmly, keeping his weapon close to his chest. "I don't want any more trouble from you guys. With the diamond gone, I don't want to go about cutting anyone in half. I've got a safe-house set up in District B. Got some people down there who want to wait this whole thing out. If you guys want to try acting normal, I can get you inside. If you want to go back to beating bodies and mauling demons, you can do that too. I ain't gonna stop you."

At Yashamaru's insistence, the Blade Wolf heeled and slowly prowled back to his master's side, his 'nose' pointed down towards the dirt in shame.
[Yielding...] The Prototype replied, falling in line. [Targeting parameters changed...]
Upon arriving at Gen's rooftop, Yashamaru would find the site to have been left in a horrendous state. The makeshift table and chairs Gen had assembled- an overturned barrel, a cracked crate and a stack of newspapers- had been crushed and burned. The growing storm was slowly putting out the flames. The pigeon pen that had once sat at the edge of the roof had been completely destroyed. Gen's semi-conscious body sat among the shards of broken wood. His robes were stained with blood.

"Ah... You made it back... Good... Good..." He cawed. "I take it you were unsuccessful? You see, an old friend of yours decided to pay me a visit... clearly, he bares a grudge..."

Frost's outburst garnered a...golf clap from Bad Girl. "Fucking amazing. I thought the sperm alien was a little fucking pussy but looks like he had balls all the fucking time. Speaking of Arcade..." Bad Girl started to look around if there was anything valuable still laying around. "Didn't I fucking tell you it was a bad fucking idea? Didn't I fucking tell you that he was going to fuck us over? Who the fuck was it that said we should listen to what he had to say? I'm not namin' any names but it was you, Frost, you said that. So fuck your pissy attitude and putting us in this fucking mess, to begin with!"

She then twirled towards Chuck a very uncharacteristic smile on her face. "Yeah, not like we're all not going to fucking die here so might as well do it in a big fucking group. Man..." She pointed her bloodied bat at the corpse of Vamp. "Why the fuck did he die? He was the fucking cool one with the killer abs." She looked over to Frost for a moment. "I guess you're like swole and shit but ugh...you know what fuck this! I'm just going to do whatever the fuck all of you are going to do. I'm not going to be the fucking fall gal anymore! When you fuck up I'm going to be the one that...oh my God!" Frantically Bad Girl started to feel around her person before removing a slightly dented beer can from under her skirt. "Oh, thank the fucking Gods!" The beer shot out a bit as she opened it but the can quickly hit her lips as she started to down it in one sitting.

@Sark @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight

Kayn and Rhaast
@Sark @Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost @Gummi Bunnies @Vault​
Heist

Insanity Score Change:
Frost:

Kayn stared in awe as Frost gave Bad Girl a piece of his mind. It was about time someone showed her her place. He closed his eyes and smiled a little, before opening them and placing his hand on Frost's shoulder for a moment. "Well said, Frost," he replied, "And don't mention it. You've proven yourself to be a valuable ally. Think of this as repayment for what you did back at the hotel."
Frost's outburst garnered a...golf clap from Bad Girl. "Fucking amazing. I thought the sperm alien was a little fucking pussy but looks like he had balls all the fucking time. Speaking of Arcade..." Bad Girl started to look around if there was anything valuable still laying around. "Didn't I fucking tell you it was a bad fucking idea? Didn't I fucking tell you that he was going to fuck us over? Who the fuck was it that said we should listen to what he had to say? I'm not namin' any names but it was you, Frost, you said that. So fuck your pissy attitude and putting us in this fucking mess, to begin with!"

She then twirled towards Chuck a very uncharacteristic smile on her face. "Yeah, not like we're all not going to fucking die here so might as well do it in a big fucking group. Man..." She pointed her bloodied bat at the corpse of Vamp. "Why the fuck did he die? He was the fucking cool one with the killer abs." She looked over to Frost for a moment. "I guess you're like swole and shit but ugh...you know what fuck this! I'm just going to do whatever the fuck all of you are going to do. I'm not going to be the fucking fall gal anymore! When you fuck up I'm going to be the one that...oh my God!" Frantically Bad Girl started to feel around her person before removing a slightly dented beer can from under her skirt. "Oh, thank the fucking Gods!" The beer shot out a bit as she opened it but the can quickly hit her lips as she started to down it in one sitting.
Kayn's smirk faded as quickly as it had came. Instead, he internally facepalmed as Bad Girl spewed even more foul language. She was the one who had treated the crystal so carelessly... but arguing wouldn't help anything. They needed to take action. "This was bound to happen anyway... Let's not be children and play the blame game."
Kayn raised an eyebrow. "Wait it out? We're going to die in less than two days," he questioned, "Unless you have a plan other than accepting your fate, we're not following you."

"G-Gen!!" Yashamaru rushed to the old man's side, horrified. "Who...who did this?!" An old friend? A grudge?! Who had he possibly made enemies with here? Unless... "Was it someone from my own world?" He wouldn't be surprised if bad blood had brewed back home. He was a known enemy of corruption there...but who would have targeted Gen?

@Sark @Atomic Knight
ROOFTOPS
"No no no no..." Gen tutted weakly. His eyes were rolling. He was staring straight through Yashamaru. He was on the verge of passing out. "It's someone far.... more... D..." With a groan, he finally slipped from consciousness, his injuries overwhelming him. "I'm glad you're... okay..."

[Click!]

Blade Wolf went on high alert. He raised his head and started to survey the area. Something was wrong. Something was--

[BOOM!]

A thermal detonator struck the rooftop. A wave of heat and smoke washed over the rooftop. Blade Wolf threw his body between the hunted and the blast. Shards of shrapnel bounced harmlessly off of his armored skin. Even after the blast finally died down, the air was still smoldering hot. The storm added a wave of steam to the flaming smog.

A shadow moved through the haze. He threw a grenade launcher over his shoulder and laughed.

"D... D... D..." The Hunter hummed. "I believe he was trying to say..."

View attachment 6077

"Dengar!" The Hunter snarled, blood still springing from the stab wound upon his chest. His skin was pale and leathery. His eyes were gray and colorless. "Long time no see. The Hutt sends his regards!"

@Yun Lee @Atomic Knight
"Things would've turned out perfectly fine," Forst snapped. "If you hadn't shoved it down your dress and started beating chests with this nutbar!"

"
This nutbar has a name." Chuck grumbled.

"Stay out of this!" Frost shot a finger in the survivor's direction, before glaring back at Bad Girl. "If you acted like an adult for five minutes maybe we'd have a better shot at surviving this thing!" He fired a small blast of Ki at Bad Girl's drink, sending it flying out of her hand. "Aren't you drunk enough already? We've barely been here for a day and I don't think I've seen you sober for more than 5 minutes since we arrived! I'm sorry that we didn't 'heed your warnings', your majesty!" Frost hissed sarcastically. "Maybe if you were something more than a sadistic, washed up, hyper-violent, word-slurring alcoholic MANIAC we might've listened!"

@Sark @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight
"You done?" Chuck muttered in response, turning off his paddlesaw. "I'm sure our audience is loving this meltdown party, but half the city knows where we are now. We need to hit the road."

Insanity Score Change:
Bad Girl:
0 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
[ ] 10

Current Insanity Score: 8

"If you're coming, grab you're crap and follow me. Unless you wont to try carrying some red-hot gold across the District?"
Kayn stared in awe as Frost gave Bad Girl a piece of his mind. It was about time someone showed her her place. He closed his eyes and smiled a little, before opening them and placing his hand on Frost's shoulder for a moment. "Well said, Frost," he replied, "And don't mention it. You've proven yourself to be a valuable ally. Think of this as repayment for what you did back at the hotel."
Kayn's smirk faded as quickly as it had came. Instead, he internally facepalmed as Bad Girl spewed even more foul language. She was the one who had treated the crystal so carelessly... but arguing wouldn't help anything. They needed to take action. "This was bound to happen anyway... Let's not be children and play the blame game."
"Than you, Kayn..." Frost panted, slowly calming down and composing himself. "It's nice to know that someone has by back... Makes a change... I guess what's done is done..."

Kayn raised an eyebrow. "Wait it out? We're going to die in less than two days," he questioned, "Unless you have a plan other than accepting your fate, we're not following you."
"Look..." Chuck shifted his feet. He dissected the room in search of cameras. Good. The lightning bolt had friend them all. Looks those storm clouds had silver linings after all... "The guy who hired me is... reasonable. He's got connections. Word around the safe house is that there's someone in the city capable of shutting down Tormo's explosives. He was going to sell me that information in exchange for the Diamond. There's not much in this vault worth selling- everything the lightning didn't destroy was gutted by that ninja guy. But, with Vamp's bounty I'm sure we can bribe him. The guys at the safe house... we're all running missions. Trying to pool our resources. If you want to get off this rock, working with us is you're best shot. It's not safe. It's not legal. But it beats crawling back to your boss empty handed."

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Ottonomous Ghost
Allison knew better than to turn herself over, no matter what the king demanded. She would take a moment to assess from her vantage point, the easiest route of escap-e.. She had a different idea now-especially now that she had seen the man. It was going to take being careful though. Which meant that she had to go against her better judgment. " I'm here," she replied, slowly raising her hands up and keeping her weapons sheathed for now.
FACTORY
A pack of guards left the factory to meet Allison halfway. They kept this weapon trained on her position. Never flinching. Never blinking.
"Sheathing's not good enough." One of the guards snapped. "Drop them. All of them. On the ground. Now!"

The 5 guards slowly and cautiously started to circle Allison.

NARANCIA GHIRGA

"Come! Take a seat!" The King gestured to Narancia and Ventress with open arms. "A friend of Johnson is a friend of mine," He raised his eyebrow and turned back to Eight Hearts. "It is okay if I call you Johnson, yes??"

"A demon in our midst?" The King hummed, his eyes wide an eager. "Fascinating. Just... fascinating! I've heard the stories, but I've never met one. They say your kind getting more and more common in our realm now, now that the Hell War is over and all. Sorry. 'Your Kind'. That must sound quite offensive. Forgive me, Johnson." The King waved one of his soldiers over to his position. "Be a dear and fetch us some whiskey, friend. Help yourself to some once you're done. You've earned a break."

The Kings subject smiled and bowed.
"Thank you, Your Majesty, I'll make haste."

"Good man!" The King cried. "Ah... where was I? Ah. Yes. I appreciate your compliments, friend. I pride myself on my lack of 'vile' traits. As for Cluth, well... my brother is a complicated man. I can't refute anything you've said. It's all true. He is as bloated and manipulate as they come. And for him to make such a public move against me... it's a shame. We're all just trying to get by out here. We just want to live fulfilled, free lives. It's a shame that the Mayor can't understand that. He's just so blind! As for... as for his elimination... as much as I would love to see him removed from power, the situation is far more complicated than it needs to be. You're hunters, and we lack the credits to pay you for your services. We have food and whiskey and guns... but I doubt they'll help pay off your debts..."

@Jeremi @Capri @Takumi @Lucky

Yashamaru's eyes widened, but the shock soon turned to pure rage. Dengar. He didn't care how he was still alive. Stranger things have happened. What he cared about now, though, more than anything, was that this sociopathic bastard was back, and he had hurt one of Yashamaru's own.

"Prototype," he said, leaving their bounty by Sean and Gen save for Trudgen's strange item. "Yashamaru Kurama. Sean Diaz. Gen. Pro These three must be protected." He patted the dog's head as he stood beside it, a show of gratitude for blocking the attack. "And I'll protect you, friend." He remembered a warrior from home, a boy with a dog. This was a different breed, but an animal was still an animal. They deserved respect.

Dengar, on the other hand, was lower than a dog. He was a rabid beast, caring for nothing but his own devices. "I don't know how you survived," the samurai growled, lightsaber in hand. A strange weapon, but a blade was a blade, yes? "But I won't make the same mistake twice. When your wretched soul tries to claw its way out of Hell, I won't leave a body for it to return to!"

@Sark @Atomic Knight

Yashamaru's eyes widened, but the shock soon turned to pure rage. Dengar. He didn't care how he was still alive. Stranger things have happened. What he cared about now, though, more than anything, was that this sociopathic bastard was back, and he had hurt one of Yashamaru's own.

"Prototype," he said, leaving their bounty by Sean and Gen save for Trudgen's strange item. "Yashamaru Kurama. Sean Diaz. Gen. Pro These three must be protected." He patted the dog's head as he stood beside it, a show of gratitude for blocking the attack. "And I'll protect you, friend." He remembered a warrior from home, a boy with a dog. This was a different breed, but an animal was still an animal. They deserved respect.

Dengar, on the other hand, was lower than a dog. He was a rabid beast, caring for nothing but his own devices. "I don't know how you survived," the samurai growled, lightsaber in hand. A strange weapon, but a blade was a blade, yes? "But I won't make the same mistake twice. When your wretched soul tries to claw its way out of Hell, I won't leave a body for it to return to!"

@Sark @Atomic Knight
Prototype heeled on Yash’s command. The Blade Wolf slowly treated back towards the wounded, placing itself between them and the rising conflict.

[Act with care] BW called in response. [Stay safe]

Dengar, on the other hand, threw his head back and laughed.

“Just got back from the place. Wasn’t for me. All fire and brimstone. Don’t worry. I won’t spoil the surprise. You’ll be experiencing it for yourself soon enough.” Dengar reached behind his head and wrapped his fingers around the handle of a bladed weapon. He slowly unsheathed Yash’s ancestral sword, freshly looted from the wounded Gen. He rolled his wrist and let the weapon spin.

“Pretty soon, you’re going to know how it felt...”He chuckled, slowly approaching his for. “You’re going to find out how it feels to die, choking on your own bloody, with this damn stick sticking out of your chest! Don’t go worrying yourself about MY soul, Hunter. It’s your own you should be fearin’ for!”

@Yun Lee @Atomic Knight

His father's blade.

His only remnant of the man he respected above all others.

And it was in the hands of that.

Yashamaru felt his blood boiling over, his vision going red. Nothing else mattered now. Nothing but two things.

1. Get the sword back.
2. Turn Dengar into minced meat.

He was so close, so close, to letting loose. Awakening his rage. But he needed to be smart. He needed to save Shanao. So instead, he would allow Dengar the first move. See how he fights. Learn. Deconstruct. And then...Kill. Kill. Kill.

@Sark @Atomic Knight

Last edited:

ROOFTOPS
"No no no no..." Gen tutted weakly. His eyes were rolling. He was staring straight through Yashamaru. He was on the verge of passing out. "It's someone far.... more... D..." With a groan, he finally slipped from consciousness, his injuries overwhelming him. "I'm glad you're... okay..."

[Click!]

Blade Wolf went on high alert. He raised his head and started to survey the area. Something was wrong. Something was--

[BOOM!]

A thermal detonator struck the rooftop. A wave of heat and smoke washed over the rooftop. Blade Wolf threw his body between the hunted and the blast. Shards of shrapnel bounced harmlessly off of his armored skin. Even after the blast finally died down, the air was still smoldering hot. The storm added a wave of steam to the flaming smog.

A shadow moved through the haze. He threw a grenade launcher over his shoulder and laughed.

View attachment 6077

"Dengar!" The Hunter snarled, blood still springing from the stab wound upon his chest. His skin was pale and leathery. His eyes were gray and colorless. "Long time no see. The Hutt sends his regards!"

@Yun Lee @Atomic Knight

"Things would've turned out perfectly fine," Forst snapped. "If you hadn't shoved it down your dress and started beating chests with this nutbar!"

"

"Stay out of this!" Frost shot a finger in the survivor's direction, before glaring back at Bad Girl. "If you acted like an adult for five minutes maybe we'd have a better shot at surviving this thing!" He fired a small blast of Ki at Bad Girl's drink, sending it flying out of her hand. "Aren't you drunk enough already? We've barely been here for a day and I don't think I've seen you sober for more than 5 minutes since we arrived! I'm sorry that we didn't 'heed your warnings', your majesty!" Frost hissed sarcastically. "Maybe if you were something more than a sadistic, washed up, hyper-violent, word-slurring alcoholic MANIAC we might've listened!"

"You done?" Chuck muttered in response, turning off his paddlesaw. "I'm sure our audience is loving this meltdown party, but half the city knows where we are now. We need to hit the road."

Insanity Score Change:
Bad Girl:
[ ] 10

"If you're coming, grab you're crap and follow me. Unless you wont to try carrying some red-hot gold across the District?"

"Than you, Kayn..." Frost panted, slowly calming down and composing himself. "It's nice to know that someone has by back... Makes a change... I guess what's done is done..."

"Look..." Chuck shifted his feet. He dissected the room in search of cameras. Good. The lightning bolt had friend them all. Looks those storm clouds had silver linings after all... "The guy who hired me is... reasonable. He's got connections. Word around the safe house is that there's someone in the city capable of shutting down Tormo's explosives. He was going to sell me that information in exchange for the Diamond. There's not much in this vault worth selling- everything the lightning didn't destroy was gutted by that ninja guy. But, with Vamp's bounty I'm sure we can bribe him. The guys at the safe house... we're all running missions. Trying to pool our resources. If you want to get off this rock, working with us is you're best shot. It's not safe. It's not legal. But it beats crawling back to your boss empty handed."

FACTORY
A pack of guards left the factory to meet Allison halfway. They kept this weapon trained on her position. Never flinching. Never blinking.
"Sheathing's not good enough." One of the guards snapped. "Drop them. All of them. On the ground. Now!"

"Come! Take a seat!" The King gestured to Narancia and Ventress with open arms. "A friend of Johnson is a friend of mine," He raised his eyebrow and turned back to Eight Hearts. "It is okay if I call you Johnson, yes??"

"A demon in our midst?" The King hummed, his eyes wide an eager. "Fascinating. Just... fascinating! I've heard the stories, but I've never met one. They say your kind getting more and more common in our realm now, now that the Hell War is over and all. Sorry. 'Your Kind'. That must sound quite offensive. Forgive me, Johnson." The King waved one of his soldiers over to his position. "Be a dear and fetch us some whiskey, friend. Help yourself to some once you're done. You've earned a break."

"Good man!" The King cried. "Ah... where was I? Ah. Yes. I appreciate your compliments, friend. I pride myself on my lack of 'vile' traits. As for Cluth, well... my brother is a complicated man. I can't refute anything you've said. It's all true. He is as bloated and manipulate as they come. And for him to make such a public move against me... it's a shame. We're all just trying to get by out here. We just want to live fulfilled, free lives. It's a shame that the Mayor can't understand that. He's just so blind! As for... as for his elimination... as much as I would love to see him removed from power, the situation is far more complicated than it needs to be. You're hunters, and we lack the credits to pay you for your services. We have food and whiskey and guns... but I doubt they'll help pay off your debts..."

"Cluth is your brother?" Chise asked with a tilt of her head. Well, then. She had a feeling that many who would want Cluth off his seat of power would rather have the King of Beggars in it's place.

She wondered if that would be the right thing for the people here in this district. For now, she'd just have to observe the man for the time being to determine if the man he was showing them was really the man he was. When he brought up getting drinks she shook her head slightly.

"I don't drink." She replied simply. Whether it was due to dragon senses or not, she didn't find much interest in it, not anything that didn't taste gross. Besides, staying alert right now was important. After the fight between Allison an Eight Hearts, she wasn't sure she'd feel up for drinking anything anyway.

@Sark @Jeremi @Capri @District C/Slums

His father's blade.

His only remnant of the man he respected above all others.

And it was in the hands of that.

Yashamaru felt his blood boiling over, his vision going red. Nothing else mattered now. Nothing but two things.

1. Get the sword back.
2. Turn Dengar into minced meat.

He was so close, so close, to letting loose. Awakening his rage. But he needed to be smart. He needed to save Shanao. So instead, he would allow Dengar the first move. See how he fights. Learn. Deconstruct. And then...Kill. Kill. Kill.

@Sark @Atomic Knight
“The strong and silent type, aye?” Dengar teased. “Ahhh but don’t you worry. We’ll both be silent soon enough. Silent as the grave! I have one foot in it already. Pretty soon we all will. So let’s end it quickly, aye?”

[Bang!]

Dengar shot a blast of pure plasma across the battlefield, piercing Yash’s shin. The sword had distracted Yash well enough. It was time to fight dirty. Rolling ‘his’ sword once again, Dengar closed the distance between the two men and sent ‘his’ blade sparking downwards towards the ninja.

Insanity Score Change:
Yashamaru:

Current Insanity Score:

@Yun Lee @Atomic Knight

Yashamaru hissed in pain, down on his good knee. What was this...? Dengar had the upper hand in technology, it was true. But how good was he at swordplay? It was time to see. Determined to keep the precious sword unharmed, Yashamaru rolled out of the way of the strike, using the lightsaber to try and slash at Dengar as he did so. Time to see what this crimson blade was capable of!

@Sark @Atomic Knight

Yashamaru hissed in pain, down on his good knee. What was this...? Dengar had the upper hand in technology, it was true. But how good was he at swordplay? It was time to see. Determined to keep the precious sword unharmed, Yashamaru rolled out of the way of the strike, using the lightsaber to try and slash at Dengar as he did so. Time to see what this crimson blade was capable of!

@Sark @Atomic Knight
“Bugger!” Dengar cried as the lightsaber ignited. The crimson blade cut straight through his armoured abdomen and turned more of his ‘insides’ into ‘outsides’. But Dengar didn’t stop. Furious, the Hunter slashed back at Yash, slicing a flesh wound into the samurai’s right shoulder.

Dengar leaped back with the agility of a man half his age and lined up another blaster shot. It was as if he hadn’t even felt Yash’s attack.

@Yun Lee @Atomic Knight

ROOFTOPS

[Click!]

[BOOM!]

View attachment 6077

@Yun Lee @Atomic Knight

"

Insanity Score Change:
Bad Girl:
[ ] 10

FACTORY

There was a tiny bit of beer that was sent flying as the ki blast hit the can. "Can't shoot fucking lasers, huh?" Bad Girl replied before wiping her mouth. "You're a whiny little bitch, ya know that? Probably the strongest motherfucker here and what the fuck have you done all the time? Whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine! Get your shit together you fucking pussy! Maybe don't act so fucking tough when you've been acting like a pissboy slave this entire time!"

As for Chuck, that didn't sound half bad. "Yeah, sure that sounds amazing." She then kicked some of the coins around. "I don't need no fucking handouts! I'm a working girl and I get my own cash! Lead the way frosty tips!"

@Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Ottonomous Ghost

And suddenly the puzzle got a whole lot clearer. "I'm not doing this for money," Eight Hearts remarked. "I'm doing it because it's right." He pondered for a moment. "Perhaps an elimination isn't required, what about an unwilling house arrest and another pulling the strings?"

@Capri @Takumi @Lucky

"Ugh!" Damn it! If he wasn't careful, Sean would be completely without aid. He couldn't let that happen. But there was something...wrong about this whole thing. Something sinister. What had happened to Dengar...this wasn't ordinary magic. As a matter of fact...hadn't that man in the vault done the exact same thing? What was going on? Why weren't the dead staying dead?!

Though that recollection reminded him of something. That woman had beaten the man until there was nothing. So he, too, would need to leave nothing left of Dengar. Yashamaru sped forward, utilizing his Tengu blood to reach inhuman speeds once more, before making a diagonal slash at Dengar. If he could just reduce him to pieces beyond salvaging...!

@Sark @Atomic Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back