Conley Brothers

"Trust me. You're far from that" he stated before turning back to his trailer, expecting him to follow.

Whence inside he conjured up a a mig of coffee for each of them and took a seat "you should be aware I hired on more security"

--

Adanya smiled kindly "you don't have to do not have to don it alone. I will help you yes?" She said "I must take care of animals every day. Come to help me and then I help you"

"Maybe if you were more hands-on I wouldn't feel that way," Leon muttered under his breath as he followed his brother in. He sat and took his coffee. "Alright, that's good, as long as our security isn't going to cause us more trouble."

~~

Kazimir nodded and followed her, calm and collected now. "How long does it take for you to feed all your friends?" he asked curiously.

He rubbed his temple "I don't have time for your complaints today" his brother he feared did not understand what it took to run a circus "I hired on Marcel and his group. You remember him?"

-

"Most days not so long. The hands bring most th4 food so I don't have to haul it" she answered. That bucket was just a bucket of snacks not meals. Big cats ate quite a bit.

Leon perked up. "Does Aella still run with his group?" he asked, trying not to sound too eager.

~~

Kaz nodded. "They know that I am a feeder, not the feed, yes?" He was mostly joking, trusting Adanya.

"Yes. And I've already told her to leave you alone" he said seriously "they are here to dona job. Don't need you distracting her" he frowned

-

Adanya chuckled softly "of course they know. They seem to like you now anyway"

Leon snorted as he draped himself back over the chair. "If you think I am the one distracting her, you really need to reassess your knowledge of people. But don't worry. She is a demon in angelic disguise, content to tease and never allow me to have any reward." He sighed wistfully, still a bit tipsy.

~~

"I am flattered," Kaz said sincerely. "What do I do first?"

"I don't want either of you distracted" he frowned "go sober up brother I can't deal with you like this right now. And don't think we're finished talking about Camilla either"

-

Adanya lead the way up the ramp "for now just hold the bucket. I'll show you how. There is a hiarchy. It is important to feed them in order

"We never started talking about Camilla. I'm not that drunk," Leon pointed out with a smirk. "I have dealt with police officers while drunker than this."

~~

"Yes, pretty lady!" Kazimir promised as he followed her, eager to learn. He liked the big cats and was curious to see them eat.

"We did. It's the first thing I mentioned" Felix said, annoyed "I asked you to show her a good time not get her drunk and dressed up like a whore"

--

Adanya walked into the enclosure and set the bucket down. Slowly the animals emerged. Striker coming up first. Adanya dipped a hand in thr bucket and got a chunk of meat and let him take it.

"See. Easy. They know their places"

Leon stopped smiling, his eyes dark. "Getting drunk was her own idea. Whatever you did, it messed with her head and her impulse control, so don't blame me. Not to mention," he leaned forward, more aggressive than he'd ever gotten with his brother, "if you think that is what whores wear, you need to look again, and if you ever use that word in reference to our sister again, I will rip your tongue from your head, Arthur."

Rarely did Leon get truly and deeply angry. Frustrated, yes, little flairs of temper, sure, but fury? No. And never directed at Felix who - despite his differences and arguments - he respected deeply and feared just a tiny bit. Now he was staring Felix down with a fire in his eyes that said he wouldn't back down.

~~

"I did not think one so old would still have a place of authority," Kaz said, pleased to see it.

Felix met his brothers gaze. Not phased "then don't dress her up like one little brother" he said, not willing to back down either "your drunk, don't do anything you will regret"

--

"In the wild he wouldn't but. I am their alpha you could say" she explained as she fed the next cat that came up "so they listen to what I say. "

Leon snorted. "She is not a pet or a doll! Or even a child! You are the one destroying her brain and turning her into someone she isn't!" His voice lowered to a hiss. "I do not care if you chop up every other person in this circus and turn them into hot dogs, but you are not helping Camilla. Get that through your paranoid brain. You are the pain you are trying to protect her from. Hate me all you want, judge my choices, wipe my mind, but you cannot avoid the truth forever."

~~

Kazimir took a piece and held it out cautiously. "Here, pretty cat!"

The door snapped open of its own accord, his eyes turning black "out" his voice lowered .

--

The lioness pranced over and delicately took the offered meat.

Adanya smiled as she watched the interaction

Leon shrugged as he stood and started for the door. "Fine, I'm leaving, but if you aren't careful, you are going to end up alone." He tossed an icy smile over his shoulder. "More alone than you imagine you are." He walked out and headed for his wagon.

~~

"You are so beautiful!" Kaz purred, moving slow to give her a soft touch. "Sweet, precious creature. So good!"

When he moved to touch her she pinned her ears and moved aside.

"Do not touch when you feed. They might bire" she cautioned gently

"Oh, I am sorry!" Kazimir assured the cat, stepping back. "I... I touch a lot. It sometimes is not such a good thing." His good mood faultered, remembering the new security group.

Adanya noticed the shift "yes sometimes..maybe remember to ask if you don't know" she suggested gently, patient and gentle as ever she was with him

Kazimir smiled at her, brightening once more. "I will try, but habit is difficult to change, yes? But I will try." He held out another piece of meat and called softly to the next big cat, keeping his hands to himself this time.

"Hard but not impossible" Adanya smiled and let him continue feed them. Helped them to trust him more.

Soon enough they were finished "now we wash up and we can go see your ..creature" not sure what to call it yet

"Yes, please," Kazimir said, not wanting to admit he'd already forgotten that he had another job to do. He gave the cats a last look then turned to follow her out.

Back