Conley Brothers

She smiled "yes a moving village" she told him "no its not at all like s cage...we live by our own rules"

"Like letting creatures out of cages," he murmured. He settled down tiredly in his blankets tiredly. Being out and around so many people tired him. He knew it was only a few, but it was more than he'd had to deal with in so long.

"Sure you can look at it that eay" she smiled a little "get some rest I know tonight was a lot " she stood up and headed towards the exit but paused to see if he needed anything else

"Thank you," Claudius whispered. "It is... good to leave the cage." He closed his eyes and tucked his head under his blanket. He could rest until Star returned.

She gave him a final smile before slipping out to return to her wagon and get everything ready for leaving in the morning

Vlad came in and tucked the twins into bed before talking to Starnacht a little. "I am going to turn in for the night. Are you going back to visit with Claudius?"

Star smiled and nodded "yes. Going to show him star..not so scary when everyone is asleep" he explained

He nodded "the twins want to play in the morning. I'll be back early for them" he promised though didn't realize how early they packed up to leave

"We'll see how much time we have before we leave, but I am sure you can play while we are on the road," Vlad smiled. "Now off you go. No need to keep him waiting."

Keith was waiting, laying flat on the ground under another wagon as he watched Vlad's wagon.

He nodded "ok" he responded, not thinking anything of it Star stepped into the shadows and moments later stepped put in the tent where the cage was being kept

Keith slunk after Starnacht, smirking quietly. Maybe he could arrange for this little shadow-stealer to have an accident with the tigers. He'd done it with others, though he had to be very careful that Adanya never found out. He couldn't do anything to this little one tonight, but maybe later. Keith was still very sore that this one had gotten away, and even more sore that its friend had hit him in the face! Maybe he should see to it that one got into trouble.

Then something else caught his eye, and Keith paused. Someone else was still up and around? No, a stranger. He didn't recognize the movement. This was not a regular in the circus. He turned from tracking Star and headed for the stranger. Master would be far more in favor of him taking down a stranger than showing him a problem with a new member.

Something glittered faintly, grass rustled, and soft padding announced footsteps. Keith slipped under another wagon and got a better look at the tall person walking slowly through the circus. They appeared to be looking around, almost sigh-seeing. Or perhaps looking for a specific trailer? Maybe he should capture this one alive rather than killing them right away. He grinned and slithered out from under the trailer. Then again, he'd usually found it was better to kill first and figure out the questions later.
He stood and moved on swift, silent feet toward the stranger. A long, slightly curved dagger glinted in his hand. He raised the dagger, prepared to drive it cleanly through the stranger's neck. Swift and silent!

The stranger turned. His hand moved.

Light exploded in Keith's eyes, stopping him in his tracks. Glittery golden light danced before his eyes, yet, it illuminated nothing else. He stood watching the little lights, dazed. They faded slowly, and Keith stood alone in an empty and silent walkway between trailers of sleeping occupants. He stood for a moment, then slowly, a sappy smile crossed his face. Humming, he made his way toward his Master's trailer. It took him much longer than usual to find his way, and when he did, he half collapsed on the porch and sat staring at the stars, giggling and humming to himself.

The sun hadn't even risen yet as people started to pack up, the circus disappearing as quickly as it had appeared for the people of this little town.

Since she had no wagon of her own to pull she made her way over to see if Vlad needed any help getting ready to go.

-

Felix was no exception, up early to oversee everything he opened up the door to his wagon

Vlad had gotten the twins up and had them sitting and eating while he secured the wagon. He had very little to do to get ready to go, and he was very good at getting the wagon ready. He was outside brushing the unicorns while the twins washed the breakfast dishes.

~~

Keith had been leaning on the door, and he flopped backwards onto Felix' feet. He smiled dazedly up at Felix. "Master! You are beautiful this morning!" he cooed.

"Good morning" Spectra called when she got closer. Wearing the same clothes as yesterday. She never did that but her things were mostly destroyed so it made sense.

"Came to see if you needed help"

--

Felix frowned "are you drunk?" Not at all like Keith though, at least not that he was aware of

Vlad turned and smiled at Spectra. "Good morning, Spectra! How are you this lovely morning?"

~~

Keith giggled and rolled over, getting his knees under him in an awkward kneeling position as he hugged Felix' legs. "Everything is so lovely and beautiful! I love you, Master. You look after me. I do everything for you, Master, and I love it!" He smilled up at Felix, his pupils massive. He looked drugged, and a tiny bit of glitter like gold dust clung to his eyebrows.

Keith never drank, never did drugs, never did anything that might alter his already tentative grip on reality, and he was naturally resistant to magic thanks to his race. Not immune by any means, but resist. That meant no average parlor magic could affect him, and if he was drunk or drugged, it wasn't by his choice.

"Mm a big stiff if I'm being honest" she rolled her shoulders back "Mimic is sweet to let me stay but I'll be happy for a bed again" she walked over and offered a hand to one of the unicorns to see if they would let her pet them.

--

Felix frowned and reached down to drag him to his feet "Leon!" He called over, assuming his brother would be awake

Negru snorted and shook his head at Spectra, but Regina stepped forward curiously. She would be willing to accept this human (ish) person touching her. Especially if she had treats.

"Would you be willing to brush down Regina for me?" Vlad asked, still working on Negru. It was hard to find all the mud on black hair. "I need to get them harnessed up."

~~

Keith leaned into Felix, practically snuggling into his side.

Leon came out of his wagon after a moment, not yet up to his high standard of grooming, and he glared at Felix from under his frizz of hair. "What? I'm not ready yet!"

Regina was rewarded with a carrot spectra had hidden behind her back "sure I can do that" she let regina eat while she stroked her side

--

"Get in here!" He called as he pulled Keith inside. Leon was his right hand, something fishy was going on so he needed to be aware

"How is your wagon coming along since the work I was able to do?" Vlad asked as he brushed the black unicorn. "I am sorry I did not have more."

~~

Leon huffed and grumbled but walked over and went inside, closing the door behind himself. "Alright, what has you riled?"

Keith stared wide eyed and reached out to play with Leon's hair. "Pretty!"

Back