Conley Brothers

"Oh nearly ready. It's functional but empty. We had to gut the entire thing. Rebuilding the interior" she explained. It was hard to do work like that during their working season with all the shows to work around. It would take time to get it ready for her to live in

" on the upside, I can design it more to my liking and needs" she said as she started brushing down Ragina for him

--

Felix frowned and motioned at Keith "I believe we have an invader among us. Keith wouldn't do this to himself. I need you to get around to each wagon and make sure we have no stow aways" in thebmean time he would have to disenchant Keith or sober him..not sure what the case was yet

Vlad smiled as he finished Negru and started leading him toward the wagon. "I will help all I can, but it is lovely that you can create your own home."

~~

Leon frowned and leaned over, studying Keith. He'd never been particularly fond of Keith, but he knew the benefits of keeping him around. "This looks like Vlad's style of work. Have you tried washing his face and asking Vlad about it?"

"I'll find a way to repay you Vlad" she smiled "I'd invite you to share my bed for a night but I don't think you're the type" she smirked slightly, only looking sidelong at him, she was usually just teasing when she spoke so boldly but always hard to say when it was just a tease or an actual invitation

--

Felix frowned and went to the sink and got a rag wet "no. Just opened my door to find him here" he came back to Keith and washed the rag over his face

"Oh, my sweet Spectra, how I am flattered by your offer, but no, I am afraid it simply shall not work between us," Vlad chuckled. "I have no need of repayment. If anything, I am repaying you for your help with the twins."

Regina shook herself, then started slowly walking toward where Negru and Vlad stood. It was time to get hitched up! She was a creature of habit and understood what all this brushing and the tack being down meant. Time to pull the wagon.

~~

Keith squeaked at the cold cloth and shook his head. "Master?" he warbled in confusion. He reached up and rubbed his face in confusion then looked around. "What am I doing here?"

"I'll go take a look around and see what I can find, but I'd suggest we go see Vlad," Leon said, turning to go.

Spectra chuckled softly at his response " oh don't be silly" she let the unicorn go "the twins are a delight" she said "and I owe them a gift I do believe. As long as they have been well behaved?"

--

Felix gave a nod "check on Camilla first" he said as Leon was leaving before looking at Keith "you tell me. I found you on my step, enchanted, what do you last remember?"

"They have been phenomenal!" Vlad told her as he started to tack up Negru. "If you wish to speak to them, they are just inside doing the last bit of cleaning. Then I was going to go see if Adanya wanted any help with her animals. Although Camilla might need some help. I am lucky in that it does not take me long to prepare to depart."

~~

Leon nodded and left to talk to Camilla.

Keith rubbed his head, puzzled. "I was... I was following Vlad. He was leaving Miss Camilla's trailer last night, and I wished to watch. Then... I went..." He frowned, trying to remember. "There were sparkles."

Spectra smiled a little "you've been spending more time with miss Camilla" she noted "be careful Vlad. The last young man who got too close disappeared" she cautioned before she went off to find the twins

--

Felix frowned deeper "Vlad was with Camilla after dark?"

Vlad gave her a puzzled look. What exactly did she mean? Then he shrugged and turned back to his work. These two would be hitched up and ready to go in moments. Now, where was Starnacht?

~~

Keith nodded. "In the tent. I watched them have dinner together."

As if to answer him, Star crawled out of the shadows under the wagon, sleepily rubbing his eyes, ready to go to bed but he had promised to play with the twins

--

Felix frowned "come. Time we pay him a little visit" he straightened his jacket and smoothed the front as he headed out again

Vlad looked down and smiled. "Ah, there you are, little one! I was just wondering where you had gotten off to. Are you ready to travel? You may sleep in the wagon, if you wish."

~~

Keith nodded and followed him out. He was starting to develop a headache, but he kept quiet.

Leon had snuck back into his wagon to finish getting ready for the day, so he was only just now tapping on Camilla's door. He looked over his shoulder when he heard Felix and frowned. Wait, where was he going? Was he going to have all the fun without him?

He yawned a little "it is still dark..I thought you still be asleep this time" he said, surprised at how many were up and going so early

--

Camilla answered after a moment, her hair not done yet, hanging in a loose braid over her shoulder but she was dressed. "Oh Leon..good morning" she smiled "everything alright?"

"When it is time to move the circus, we all rise early to get everything packed away quickly so we can be on the road for most of the daylight hours," Vlad explained. "I am sorry that there is not much time to play, but if you and the twins would like, you can play in the wagon. The twins sometimes ride in the seat with me, but there is a long trip ahead. They will have time to do that and play with you."

~~

Leon smiled at his sister. "I cannot say I am certain. Apparently, Keith ran into some trouble last night but didn't catch the intruder, so Felix wanted me to check on you."

He nodded "ok...do you need help getting ready to go?" He was happy to assist however possible, As always.

Spectra opened the door to the wagon "Tim? Tam?" She called

--

"I'm alright, nobody bothered me" she assured him "is Keith alright?" She worried about claudius too, she hoped he had been left alone. She hadn't been woken up by any sounds during the night

Vlad smiled. "No, I have everything ready, but perhaps in a bit we will walk through the circus to see if anyone else needs help."

Tim and Tam had just finished putting away the last dish, and they spun around excitedly. "Spectra! Are you going to travel with us?"

~~

Leon nodded. "He's fine. I think he was a little dazed, but fine. I think Felix was off to talk to Vlad about this as it looks similar to his skills."

"Vlad would never do something like that" she frowned "I better head over there too.."

--

Spectra smiled "perhaps after we stop for lunch I can come travel with you a ways" she reasoned "if Vlad does not mind" she added, not wishing to impose "speaking of Vlad. He told me you two have been very well behaved"

"Camilla, I don't think you should be around Vlad right now, Camilla," Leon warned. "I think he might be in a bit of trouble."

~~

The twins nodded seriously. "We have been very, very good! Promise!"

"Exactly why I should be there" Camilla insisted, stepping past leon. "I know Felix can over react and Vlad is a good man"

--

Spectra smiled "well good. I am very proud if you both" she said before reaching into her bag and producing two identical white boxes "no I lost everything in my shop so I can't let you pick anything like I promised but. I did get these for you"

Leon sighed but followed her. "I take it you would know that considering how close you two have been getting," he said significantly.

~~

Their eyes widened. "You got this for us? All for us? What is it?"

She sighed "don't start" she said "he's a friend and he's helping me with Claudius. He seems to respond well to kids"

--

"Well open them and find out" she smiled

Inside were two identical charm bracelets, a little gold and silver tiger on each if them

That was about when Felix arrived "Vladimir!" He called over, not in an angry tone but more as a greeting

"Having a single man in your trailer alone with you is pushing the bounds of friendship," he pointed out blandly, still not stopping her.

~~

The twins looked at the bracelets, comparing them, cooing softly over them. Then they fell silent. They glanced at each other, slight movements seeming to indicate a conversation though there was no sound. Then they looked at Spectra and held up the charm bracelets to her.

Vlad finished buckling the harness on Regina then turned to smile at Felix, remaining calm even though Keith stood behind him. "Good morning, Mr. Conely! Everything is ready for departure, sir."

Last edited:
Back