Conley Brothers

She frowned "now you're spying on me?" She accused "He walked me backnto my wagon to see me safe and I offered a nightcap. Not that it's your business"

--

Spectra frowned slightly "do you not like them?"

--

Felix nodded "good good but that's not why I'm here" he said glancing at Keith before looking back at Vlad "where were you last night?"

"Spying makes it sound so deliberate," Leon said with a wave of his hand. "I happened to see, that's the full extent of my spying on you. I do agree you should grow up, but not that fast." He pointed ahead. "Felix and Keith have arrived."

~~

"We have pretty things. You do not have anything," Tam said seriously.
"We want you to have these," Tim agreed. "From us."

~~

Vlad raised a brow. "Last night? Well, Before I was asleep in my wagon, I was out here talking with little Starnacht. He wanted to go see Miss Camilla's creature, um, Claudius, I believe his name is? And I wanted to ensure he was safe doing so. Why do you need to know, sir?"

Camilla sighed "nothing happened. We're just friends"

--

Spectra smiled, touched by their thoughtfulness. Such sweet boys "how about this" she took one of them and slid it around her delicate wrist "I will keep one and you two share one" she suggested "they can be like..friendship bracelets"

--

Felix gave a small nod "Someone attacked Keith. I found him on my step. He acted as though he were drugged. Looked a little like your sort of magic" he explained, not accusing but explaining the situation

Leon hummed but said nothing more. He wanted to know what Vlad thought of that. Were they just friends in Vlad's mind? He loved his sister's innocence and did not want to ruin it, but sometimes there was more to a situation than she realized.

~~

The twins glanced at each other and smiled. "Yes!" they cheered.
Tim slid the bracelet on. "Me first, then you tomorrow."

~~

Vlad frowned, glancing at Keith. "My type of magic? While I do not deny I can create a sort of disorientation spell, why would I wish to use it on a fellow circus member?"

Spectra smiled fondly "maybe we can get charms for each other sometimes" she said thoughtfully, slightly spoiling her plan to reward them with charms but this was better in her mind. She loved them

--

"I was just hoping you could shed light on the situation" Felix explained "know anyone else with tour brand of magic?"

The twins hurried forward and wrapped their arms around her. "Thank you, Spectra!"

~~

Vlad tipped his head thoughtfully. "A few, though none around here. The one with the most similar would..." He hesitated. "How do you know it was magic and not some sort of drug or similar?"

Spectra smiled and put an arm around each of them "you're welcome boys" she said, glancing over when Star opened the door to come in.

-

"I washed his face with this..fine afterword" he held the damp rag out to Vlad "drugs don't wipe away"

Tim and tam looked up then smiled brightly. "Star! Look!" Tim held out the bracelet to show Starnacht.

~~

Vlad took the rag and studied it with a faint frown. "Gold glitter..." he mused. A parlor fell over his face. "Oh... oh no. Please do not let it be..."

Star smiled and looked at it, touching the little charm gently "it's so delicate" he marveled "I didn't forget you Star. I heard how much help you've been to miss Camilla" she took out another little white box and offered it to Star.

He blinked uncertainly "for me?" When Spectra gave him a nod he picked it up off her palm and opened it.

His expression brightened "it's a star. Like my name" he smiled and pulled it out. A silver star pendant on a black leather cord

--

Felix frowned as he watched "someone you know then...care to fill me in?"

The twins cooed in delight. "That's so pretty! We all have pretty shinies!"

~~

"No, I really would not," Vlad said, looking around. "He is here? In the circus? But why?" He turned toward the horses. "Maybe we can leave before he realizes.

"Vladimir!"

Vlad froze. "Oh no."

Keith spun around, ready to attack, but looked to Felix for orders. The stranger striding toward them was tall, gangly, and looked like a walking example of how not to combine colors topped with brilliant red hair. He had eyes only for Vlad, and he opened his arms wide as he approached, his green coat swinging open wide to reveal a colorful array of purple and gold scarves and necklaces. It was amazing he didn't jingle as he walked.

"Vladimir! Dragul meu frate! Mă bucur să te văd!" the stranger cheered.

Vlad managed a smile as he turned to face the stranger. "Kazimir. Salut."

Spectra smiled more, happy to have pleased all three.

Star slipped the necklace on and admired it a moment before hugging Spectra

--

Felix frowned more, not yet giving Keith an order.

That was about when Camilla and Leon arrived. Camilla was about to call over when the stranger showed up seconds before

"Do you hear that?" one of the twins asked curiously. "There is a lot of talking outside. We should go!" They looked at Spectra. She'd have to move before they could reach the door.

~~

"Haide! Dă-ne o îmbrățișare."

"Kazimir, I-" Vlad started to say, but that was as far as he got before he was enveloped in a massive hug, the newcomer kissing both of his cheeks enthusiastically, almost lifting Vlad off his feet as he did so. "Kazimir!"

Leon stared. "Uh... What is going on?"

Spectra of course didn't know what was going on so opened the door and stepped out. Pausing as she saw the reunion happening.

Camilla shook her head in response "I..don't know"

Felix cleared his throat "Vlad. Explain" he wasn't asking this time

Vlad was a little distracted with the crushing hug, but he finally wiggled free, pushing the other to arm's length. "Kazimir, please!"

Kazimir pouted a little then spotted Felix and smiled brilliantly. "Hello!" he greeted in a heavy Russian accent. "You are important here, yes? Greetings! It is so good to meet the friends!" He started to walk toward Felix with his arms open, but Vlad caught him by the back of his coat.

"No! No, we do not hug!" he scolded.

"No?" Kazimir said, his expression falling. "Then how does one greet the friends of family?"

"Calmly and with dignity," Vlad told him. He faced Felix, looking a bit helpless and overwhelmed. "Ah, this is Kazimir."

Kazimir took over and held out a hand this time. "Hello! I am Kazimir Verenich!"

Leon made the connection. "Are you two... brothers?"

Felix frowned but accepted the hand, giving this man a once over "care to explain why you were snooping around my circus last night?" He asked bluntly "I don't appreciate when uninvited guests attack my employees"

Kazimir looked at Keith. "Oh, he is employee here? So sorry! I was here late at night trying to find my dear brother, but this thing surprises me and I react. I see he is well now."

Keith frowned, tipping his head back and forth. "What are you?" he asked bluntly.

Felix glanced at Keith then looked at Vlads brother expectantly "and what are your intentions here?" He added to the question

"Vladimir," Kazimir said as if it should be obvious.

The twins tiptoed out and slipped behind Vlad,staring out at Kazimir in fascination. "Do we have an uncle?" one whispered.

Felix looked to Vlad to explain again "I don't have time for nonsense Vlad. We roll out in ten minutes. Start talking. My patience doesn't last long"

Vlad raised a brow, his own patience wearing thin. "Exactly what would you like for me to talk about? I have no more idea of what is happening than you do! He just showed up!"

Kazimir, on the other hand, had noticed Camilla. "Oh! My pardon." He gave a sweeping bow to her. "Greetings, pretty lady. I glimpsed you last night. I did not wish to be inturrupting with the little friend you had."

"What?" Leon demanded, glaring at him. "Who are you? And don't just say your name again!"

Back