Status
Not open for further replies.
"Believe me, I would love nothing more than to tear the Overseer's head from her shoulders, but every second that machine wastes spreading misinformation is a second longer we must stop to counter him" Cement Will as the Villian he was; That would be the goal of this encounter. It was time to do away with his interference, and Pyke was the one man who could help him do so. Sinestro spoke quieter once again, sending a whispered message to the Sea-Man, voicing his suspicions in an honest, open tone. "He would rather see us meet the same fate as that guard rather than critically address this data. He's the one keeping us from our revenge, not Father-Time. He and Hela seek to become Captains of us all and control the information we receive. The Overseer may Captain them, but, if we let them have their way, they would love to Captain us. You said you wouldn't let anything get past you before, and in doing so ensured that Kokichi told the truth; Through prudence, we can ensure the same fate befalls the Machine. We must keep our eye on them... Fate only knows what they have planned for us..."

The harpooner scowled at Sinestro, evidently picking up on his manipulative choice of words. Nevertheless, that didn't mean the primal monster within Pyke wasn't awakened. His eyes shimmered as he glanced at Hela and Will. The goddess was the next name on the list after the Overseer; Pyke recalled the scene that she had caused earlier. The condescending attitude, the desire to be the leader-- it was all very infuriating. And Will was associating with her. No good could come of that. Why would he associate with a wretched captain? Was he the First Mate? He could see the two of them on that ship, right where the ropes were--

He shook his head. Will didn't seem like the type of person to be a captain. Pyke spoke up angrily, "Don't forget you're on the list too, Sinestro. You're just at the bottom. I know a captain when I see one, so I don't need you tellin' me."

"Hela's as good as dead; I ain't takin' my eyes off her. But Will don't seem like a captain. Yet."

Last edited:
Nathan looked at the man's outreached hand with skepticism, before folding his arms.

"I've been through something like this before, and I was hoping I wouldn't have to again." He said in a cold tone. Honestly, he wasn't really willing to trust anyone- especially after the last time he was in this situation. He raked his fingers through his hair, before looking down.

"I'm Nathan."

@Lucky @Anyone

The steps from Megatron slightly startled Ashe and snapped him out of his thoughts as he looked to see the much taller robot walking beside him.

"Ah! Megatron was it...? Are you perhaps concerned for miss Candi and that other girl that came up here first as well...?" Ashe spoke towards Megatron in a way simply looking to make some idle conversation. He had to admit he was quite curious of what exactly Megatron is but decided against question him at this moment.

@Crow @will30358 @Kaykay @ThoseIMissed
2PyPFnC.png

"Concern is a rather strong choice of words, but that is not to say that you are entirely wrong, Ashe" Megatron maintains a cold exterior. "I am simply in understanding that cooperation is a neccesity in our predicament, and with cooperation, comes the agreement that none shall be left behind, those two included."

@Crow @Lucky @Crimson Spartan @will30358 @Kaykay

"Ah... I see mister Megatron... Well regardless of your intentions i'm sure they'll be glad that you came along as well..." Ashe speaks to Megatron before noticing Cinder was approaching.

"Ah... I don't think we've met miss... I'm Ashe Bradley and it's nice to meet you..." Ashe would speak to Cinder as he noticed her. He decided not to comment on her currently only having one arm..

@Crow @York @ThoseIMissed
"The Overseer hasn't been entirely wrong; she was correct in seeking out your talents and creating fail-safes to limit mine. She was right in suggesting me work together for now..." Sinestro maintained a hard grasp around Kokichi's, his long fingers wrapping a half rotation around his hand. "And I believe that we will be getting on like a prison on fire"

Though he would never admit it, Thaal had grown quite fond of Kokichi over the course of their brief introduction. He was an irregularly regular figure, a clean mess. Everything he did seemed so simple, and yet so complicated. He admitted to being a spy under the smallest duress despite having every opportunity to deny his allegiances. He had worked for the overseer under equally smaller leverage, yet had opted to ally himself with her regardless. Was he a double agent? A triple agent? Or did he work solely for himself, playing either side with feinted loyalty and flamboyant titles?

He was a loose cannon, and he liked it. He was unpredictable. Uncontrollable. Should the time come, all the Yellow Lantern would have to do would be to direct the boy's cone of fire and use such a knack for deception for his own ends... but to do so he would need to learn Kokichi's cues, the calling cards for his lies. In the meantime, the lad had proven himself to be a man after his own heart; ruthless, driven, a survivor, all hidden behind a flawless facade, that of purity and carefreeness. Intrigued, Thaal knew to keep him close. His hand in his, Sinestro knew that forming the Alliance would grow to become a fruitful endeavour, even if the idea to form it had not been his own. Such a fact mocked him and his intelligence. Given enough time, he surely would have developed the idea to warm his allies to his own ends on his own, without having so many glorious opportunities thrown in his face.

First Hela's attack, then Megatron's rise to prevalence, and now Kokichi's almost-leak.

The cards were falling perfectly for now, but he had to place precautions should his supply of fateful blessings die out. He had to develop insurance... and such insurance would come in the form of a new ring...

Power Levels 1.25%, Nearing Zero

"Now tell me, boy" Sinestro smiled a warm old smile "What is the first thing you plan to do upon your escape? What drives to play this little game of hers?"

View attachment 3491
"Typical human... Typical... Machochistic....Human..."
"Ohhh.... A pathogen..." Thaal whispered through a smile "It appears as if my suspicions were correct... and that poking around that body was not a good idea..."

Still... His Korugarian biology should have provided him with a greater immunity than the apes who had been working on a vaccine, or whatever it was they had been working on... unless

"Perhaps the others were right" He spoke louder "We very well might be lab rats. The body could have been planted to infect us with the same agent that killed him, and now we're meant to be exposed to some experimental and most likely fatally untested cure... which would explain those herbs... alternatively... as a man not unfamiliar to chemical weapons... these tests could have been conducted to remove natural immunities to the virus... it would increase its efficiency..." Juggling papers between his hands, Thaal soon found himself lost in the writings and ramblings that stood before him. No one redacted statements from legitimate scientific journals; it wasn't too soon to say that there was something grossly illegal, inhumane or openly hostile was being conducted within their facility... or that the Overseer was a far greater threat than he had initially believed her to be...

"Or perhaps the pathogen was designed to combat the cure and not the other way around. We're dealing with very ruthless men here, Machine. You must at least attempt to match their creativity and cruelty with some of your own? We cannot out rule any possibility quite yet... but perhaps an unstoppable virus could have been the tool with which the Overseer cleansed those locked away with Cole and Kokichi... a swift, quiet massacre. As a machine, surely you would understand the efficiency in such a weapon? It's practically? And if we can develop such an understanding, then I am sure the Overseer's brightest and best could have too..."

"Rebar won't do much good against a virus, Cinder... nor will it help against guns. Save yourself the hassle and just fight with your fists; unless you're used to using screamer sticks of similar weapons, you're more likely to break your wrist in open combat, should the bullets and pathogens not get to you first..."
Cinder Fall
@Crow @Crimson Spartan @Gummi Bunnies @Sark @Others(?)

Thaal's comment about the lack of effectiveness rebar would have in battle made Cinder shrug, stopping on the way to the scaffolding to the drill.

H9alkZD.png

"I... Prefer hand-crafting my own weapons, but given our current predicament, it has proven difficult. It's a matter of personal preference, to want to hold a weapon in your hands, should you need it in a fight... However mundane it might be." She said.

Normally, her own pride, and perhaps hubris would have prevented her from admitting this, but all things considered, perhaps she was just jaded by the results of her quest for power in the end.

Whatever authority she believed she might have had, paled in comparison to other beings found across the multiverse, but in the end... She still wasn't dissuaded from her ultimate goal; to become strong, to become feared, and in order to do that, there was one thing she had learned in her exploits.

K79AvUG.png

"Besides, it's not about overpowering the enemy. It's about taking away what power they have. And trust me... I'll find a way." She added ominously.

After that, she continued on her intended course... As she wanted to take a closer look at that drill, despite the risk factor. Though, she found herself stopped again, by a young man, dressed mostly in green. A brief moment of nostalgia hit her, but she shook it off, seeming to retain her usual, neutral expression.

UfIQqE1.png

"Cinder. Fall. I don't care what you intend to do here yourself. All I ask, is that you don't get in my way."

Her response wasn't exactly the most friendly one around, but... At the very least, it didn't look like she had any malicious intent, not yet anyways.​

Will Nines

Will made a note that Nathan didn't seem interested in shaking his hand and he withdrew it.

" You have been through a game where death could be around the corner?" He asked, surprised by what he had said. It seemed that nobody else had been through an ideal like this before and he had assumed that they never would. He tilted his hand, noticing the behavior he found interesting.

" It's nice to meet you Nathan."

@Space_Candy

Nathan looked up all the man who claimed his name was Will.

"Not quite this situation exactly. But, waking up in some random fucking place full of a bunch of random fucking weirdos and almost dying? Yeah." He said with a sneer in his voice, walking.

@Lucky

Will Nines

Will noticed that Nathan seemed be looking up and down at him.

" Oh, that must be very-" [SOFTWARE INSTABILITY] [SOFTWARE REPAIRED] Will paused mid-sentence before continuing "unfortunate of you not having a say in it either time. But you must have survived if you made it here," he said, walking and talking to the man.

@Space_Candy

Will Nines

Will noticed that Nathan had raised his brown and tilted his head confused. His LED went yellow as he processed the information he had been given.

" Did you not wish to survive?" He asked, perplexed.

@Space_Candy

Nathan looked over at the woman who joined them, she seemed older and very pretty.

He simply nodded, before looking at Will in judgement.

"Sometimes it sucks to live, don't analyse me. What's with the light on your head?"

@Lucky @Siege

"I see that we have someone new within our ranks," Megatron adds as he continues to walk the scaffolds, looking down at the new arrival. "Nathan, was it?

ebVgdZw.png

I am Megatron."

@Space_Candy

Will Nines

How had he missed Hela joining him again? What was this woman's profession? A scary ninja? How had he miss hearing the giant Megatron as well?

Will wondered what the look he was giving him was, but he was clueless.

" I was not trying to analyze you actually, just perplexed. It's my LED to indicate that I am an RK900 android."

@Space_Candy @Siege @Crow

Will Nines

How had he missed Hela joining him again? What was this woman's profession? A scary ninja? How had he miss hearing the giant Megatron as well?

Will wondered what the look he was giving him was, but he was clueless.

" I was not trying to analyze you actually, just perplexed. It's my LED to indicate that I am an RK900 android."

Hela was intently listening in on the conversation that was going on. How Will missed her twice she didn't know.

@Lucky @Space_Candy @Crow

Nathan jumped at the appearance of Megatron, clutching his chest.

"Another one of you freaks?" He said looking up to him, the creature looked a lot like Starscream. He focus changed to Will.

"Android huh?"

@Lucky @Siege @Crow

Will Nines

Will was just as surprised that he had missed her twice as she probably was in him not noticing.

Will was about to question what he meant by that, but he decided to shut up as he didn't want to make the man mad at him.

" Correct, do you know of other androids or are just surprised of my humanesque appearance?" He asked.

Cinder Fall
@Crow @Crimson Spartan @Gummi Bunnies @Sark @Others(?)

Thaal's comment about the lack of effectiveness rebar would have in battle made Cinder shrug, stopping on the way to the scaffolding to the drill.

H9alkZD.png

"I... Prefer hand-crafting my own weapons, but given our current predicament, it has proven difficult. It's a matter of personal preference, to want to hold a weapon in your hands, should you need it in a fight... However mundane it might be." She said.

Normally, her own pride, and perhaps hubris would have prevented her from admitting this, but all things considered, perhaps she was just jaded by the results of her quest for power in the end.

Whatever authority she believed she might have had, paled in comparison to other beings found across the multiverse, but in the end... She still wasn't dissuaded from her ultimate goal; to become strong, to become feared, and in order to do that, there was one thing she had learned in her exploits.

K79AvUG.png

"Besides, it's not about overpowering the enemy. It's about taking away what power they have. And trust me... I'll find a way." She added ominously.

After that, she continued on her intended course... As she wanted to take a closer look at that drill, despite the risk factor. Though, she found herself stopped again, by a young man, dressed mostly in green. A brief moment of nostalgia hit her, but she shook it off, seeming to retain her usual, neutral expression.

UfIQqE1.png

"Cinder. Fall. I don't care what you intend to do here yourself. All I ask, is that you don't get in my way."

Her response wasn't exactly the most friendly one around, but... At the very least, it didn't look like she had any malicious intent, not yet anyways.

"It's nice to meet you Miss Cinder!!" Ashe happily spoke despite the not so friendly response from Cinder. While Ashe did take note of her attitude he decided to remain friendly for now.

"I'm Ashe Bradley and I hope we can work together to get the real scum that trapped us here..." Ashe spoke once again to Cinder remaining positive for the time being.

@York @ThoseAround

For the last couple of...whatever, Lucy had nothing to do. Sure, she was around the infirmary reading redacted documents (not that she could read very much). But otherwise, the diclonius was walking around, listening in to the whole argument between those people. She was tempted to say to cut it out, but it was getting really ugly, so Lucy stepped away and let them fight it out.

Besides, there was a new person, who seemed fairly young, slightly older then her at most, the others greeted him quite well and should she say, kindly. Nathen huh? Apparently, he's met people from other worlds before as well.

Wonder what got him here? Lucy approached Nathen, and pointed to him.
"You. What are you here for?"
@Space_Candy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back