Despite everything they tried, those working to open the door would not succeed. They would not be able to create a keyhole, the alternate door Ulfi created would not lead anywhere, and Shockwave's Dreamport key would not be effective in any way, except in appearing how he imagined it would.

"Perhaps asking you all to do that was a bit unfair," Dreamfinder said. "But I wanted to see how you all approached the problem. And you all did quite well! But this brings up a few more notes on your pins: unless it is an external, separate feature like Winston's PA system, you cannot add or take from something that has already taken form, and you also cannot create portals or doors to locations. But on the bright side, I have a feature here that will get you anywhere you desire to go! Do you remember how you all got here?"

"Uh...we teleported?" Leaf said. After a moment, she elaborated. "Like, there was a picture of the fortress, then the letter said to imagine we were there."

"Precisely! If you can envision a place inside your mind, and imagine that you yourself are there, as long as you have the pin, you're able to go! Figment?"

"Ooh! It's time! Hee hee!" Figment stared at the wall, and suddenly, a large frame picture appeared on it.

10838864_766162916810123_475768289_n.jpg

"Now, hold on to your pins, everybody, and imagine you're in the Dreamport. Can you hear it?"

"The machines, the gadgets...just picture you're there!"

And so, you would be...if you did as told, of course. Now that you were here, it was clear to see that the Dreamport was a small laboratory. In the center of a room was a big red machine that looked similar to what some of you know as a dryer. There was a small panel full of buttons to the right of it. To the left was what looked like a newer installation: another panel, this one with lights. It was a long panel, the size of Dreamfinder himself, and only the top row of lights was being used. They were grouped in pairs of two, and the ones in use had each of your names labeled right above a pair. The lights on the right were all green, while the ones on the left were all red. All lights not labeled were turned off.

"Ta-da! Welcome to my Dreamport, everyone. Here is where I research imagination and creativity, and where I keep track of your pins!"

"Incredible!" Winston admired the room they were in. "These things can take us anywhere we want?"

"Well...no, unfortunately. You see, you can only travel somewhere if you imagine it properly. The sights, the sounds...you have to imagine the sensations to get anywhere. And another thing. As these pins will take you across different worlds, they use up a lot of energy!"

"But hold on a minute! Do we use up Chandlerium every time we travel?"

Dreamfinder shook his head. "Oh, no! I should have explained. See, the Chandlerium powers creation. I myself use this machine you see before you to power the traveling aspect. It's the same energy my flying machine uses!"

"Pure imagination!" Whitmore arrived now, looking inside the machine. "It's the most efficient fuel I've ever seen! Too bad it gets used up so fast..."

"'Used up?' You mean we used imagination as an...an energy source?"

"Indeed you did! Do you all remember seeing things you created vanish into sparks when you made something new? Those sparks get sent here to the Dreamport through your pins! I store them in this machine, and once it's powered up, you can travel!"

He moved over to the giant panel. "The lights on the left indicate whether or ot your pin is in either this world or your home world. If you leave to somewhere new, it turns red, and we get a print-out saying where you are. This way, we're able to keep track of where you are in case your pin falls into the wrong hands, or someone tries to go off on their own."

"Try to take your pin anywhere unauthorized without letting us know, we flip a switch and boom! It's deactivated. We gotta keep these with people we can trust for PR."

"And when you DO go somewhere authorized, we'll give a clearing on our end so you can keep using the pin. Though I do need to warn you...it takes time for enough energy to get generated to transport again."

"And that's where I come in!" Figment flew to the top of the machine and waved. "Watch this!" Figment closed his eyes, scrunching his face up as if concentrating. Suddenly, a multitude of sparks burst inside the machine, rapidly bouncing around inside of it. Just like that, all the red lights flickered onto green.

"Woah!" Leaf rushed to the door, looking inside to the sparks. "What the heck!!"

Figment giggled. "I put away all that stuff I put into the Fortress! It all becomes sparks and fills up the machine!"

Dreamfinder beamed like a proud parent. "Yes, that's Figment's special power. He can imagine all you can with your pins, but his items he can decide when they stay or go."

"Uh-huh! And when you guys leave, I'll try to imagine as much stuff as possible so you can all get back here in time!"

Whitmore looked around the group. "I'll open up the floor for any final questions before we get started. Then, we have some paperwork to do, and hopefully, if you're all still on board...we can go on our first mission."

@Crow @Donder172 @Jeremi @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Sark @Takumi

Velma Dinkley

" I think you were all very through about everything so far and I don't have any questions other than how many pages of paperwork do we need to fill out?"
She asked, imagining herself a pen to get ready to read and sign some paperwork.

@Yun Lee

Despite everything they tried, those working to open the door would not succeed. They would not be able to create a keyhole, the alternate door Ulfi created would not lead anywhere, and Shockwave's Dreamport key would not be effective in any way, except in appearing how he imagined it would.

"Perhaps asking you all to do that was a bit unfair," Dreamfinder said. "But I wanted to see how you all approached the problem. And you all did quite well! But this brings up a few more notes on your pins: unless it is an external, separate feature like Winston's PA system, you cannot add or take from something that has already taken form, and you also cannot create portals or doors to locations. But on the bright side, I have a feature here that will get you anywhere you desire to go! Do you remember how you all got here?"

"Uh...we teleported?" Leaf said. After a moment, she elaborated. "Like, there was a picture of the fortress, then the letter said to imagine we were there."

"Precisely! If you can envision a place inside your mind, and imagine that you yourself are there, as long as you have the pin, you're able to go! Figment?"

"Ooh! It's time! Hee hee!" Figment stared at the wall, and suddenly, a large frame picture appeared on it.

10838864_766162916810123_475768289_n.jpg

"Now, hold on to your pins, everybody, and imagine you're in the Dreamport. Can you hear it?"

"The machines, the gadgets...just picture you're there!"

And so, you would be...if you did as told, of course. Now that you were here, it was clear to see that the Dreamport was a small laboratory. In the center of a room was a big red machine that looked similar to what some of you know as a dryer. There was a small panel full of buttons to the right of it. To the left was what looked like a newer installation: another panel, this one with lights. It was a long panel, the size of Dreamfinder himself, and only the top row of lights was being used. They were grouped in pairs of two, and the ones in use had each of your names labeled right above a pair. The lights on the right were all green, while the ones on the left were all red. All lights not labeled were turned off.

"Ta-da! Welcome to my Dreamport, everyone. Here is where I research imagination and creativity, and where I keep track of your pins!"

"Incredible!" Winston admired the room they were in. "These things can take us anywhere we want?"

"Well...no, unfortunately. You see, you can only travel somewhere if you imagine it properly. The sights, the sounds...you have to imagine the sensations to get anywhere. And another thing. As these pins will take you across different worlds, they use up a lot of energy!"

"But hold on a minute! Do we use up Chandlerium every time we travel?"

Dreamfinder shook his head. "Oh, no! I should have explained. See, the Chandlerium powers creation. I myself use this machine you see before you to power the traveling aspect. It's the same energy my flying machine uses!"

"Pure imagination!" Whitmore arrived now, looking inside the machine. "It's the most efficient fuel I've ever seen! Too bad it gets used up so fast..."

"'Used up?' You mean we used imagination as an...an energy source?"

"Indeed you did! Do you all remember seeing things you created vanish into sparks when you made something new? Those sparks get sent here to the Dreamport through your pins! I store them in this machine, and once it's powered up, you can travel!"

He moved over to the giant panel. "The lights on the left indicate whether or ot your pin is in either this world or your home world. If you leave to somewhere new, it turns red, and we get a print-out saying where you are. This way, we're able to keep track of where you are in case your pin falls into the wrong hands, or someone tries to go off on their own."

"Try to take your pin anywhere unauthorized without letting us know, we flip a switch and boom! It's deactivated. We gotta keep these with people we can trust for PR."

"And when you DO go somewhere authorized, we'll give a clearing on our end so you can keep using the pin. Though I do need to warn you...it takes time for enough energy to get generated to transport again."

"And that's where I come in!" Figment flew to the top of the machine and waved. "Watch this!" Figment closed his eyes, scrunching his face up as if concentrating. Suddenly, a multitude of sparks burst inside the machine, rapidly bouncing around inside of it. Just like that, all the red lights flickered onto green.

"Woah!" Leaf rushed to the door, looking inside to the sparks. "What the heck!!"

Figment giggled. "I put away all that stuff I put into the Fortress! It all becomes sparks and fills up the machine!"

Dreamfinder beamed like a proud parent. "Yes, that's Figment's special power. He can imagine all you can with your pins, but his items he can decide when they stay or go."

"Uh-huh! And when you guys leave, I'll try to imagine as much stuff as possible so you can all get back here in time!"

Whitmore looked around the group. "I'll open up the floor for any final questions before we get started. Then, we have some paperwork to do, and hopefully, if you're all still on board...we can go on our first mission."

"No questions from me,"
Sam responded. "I'm just ready to get this show on the road already." And to keep an eye on things, but they didn't have to know that.

Chapter One
"Believe the Misfortune"

"We'll take care of all that back at the Fortress. Should give us enough time to fill up the Dreamport with enough power for the first mission!" Taking the picture from the letter out, or just remembering the place in your mind's eye, you would return to the Fortress
Everyone would once again convene at the Chamber of Planets, where Whitmore handed out papers and pens in order to get that paperwork out of the way. As Dreamfinder and Figment began imagining all sorts of things to fill the Dreamport machine, Whitmore went around and collected any weapons and valuables to be left behind while on the expedition.

Fortunately, paperwork was very easy to fill out, only about ten minutes or so for even the slowest reader in the group. The usual contracts, though Whitmore was kind enough to pay for any funeral expenses that could come up. "Though I'm sure nothing like that will happen on this trip!" He assured. They'd also be getting paid $500 per expedition they went on, to be converted into their preferred currency, of course. A reiteration of the rules, understanding the consequences of breaking any of them, a few signatures and initials, and poof! It was official: The Society of Explorers and Adventurers was open for business!

"All right! Now that we're up and running, let's go ahead and get our first mission started! For this one, I'll be staying behind watching your weapons and any valuables you don't want to take with you. Dreamfinder and Figment will be coming along to make sure everything runs smoothly."

"You can count on us!" From his seat on a hammock he conjured up, Figment gave the group a thumbs-up. "If you guys need help, I'll use my imagination, no problem!"

"Indeed, Figment's ability should be perfectly fine where we're going," Dreamfinder said. "Fortunately for us, our destination a place here in this very world!"

"Yep! Just a hop over the Atlantic to New York City. And there we'll find the site of the new S.E.A.'s first mission: Hotel Hightower."

Leaf cocked her head in confusion, as if wondering if she heard that right. "A hotel? What kind of artifacts are we supposed to find there?"

"Well, Hotel Hightower isn't just any hotel, kiddo. It's the setting of one of the greatest mysteries of the Twentieth Century...and the start of the old S.E.A.'s downfall, Figment, the picture!"

"Right away, Mister Whitmore!" And just like that, Figment had created a portrait of an imposing man on the wall.

latest

"Everyone, meet Harrison Hightower III. S.E.A.'s very own bad boy. This guy was obsessed with collecting any treasure that caught his eye, and would stop at nothing to nab it for himself! Treated it like garbage, too; they say just about everything he pilfered has at least one burn mark from where he put his cigar out on it."

"Oh jeez...Hwy, wait. Why'd they let him into S.E.A., if he was such a bad guy?"

"Well, for one thing, he was a bully who didn't know the definition of no. You either gave him what he wanted or he made your life hell. For another thing, the funding for expeditions he could provide was just too good to pass up. Maybe they even thought they could reform him, I don't know. No matter the reason, he was part of this group...until 1900, that is. During a New Year's party where he was going to show off his latest artifact, there was some freak accident and he vanished without a trace. Now, just about everyone thinks it was just a tragic natural disaster...but one reporter thinks otherwise. A fellow by the name of Manfred Strang is convinced that the hotel is cursed, and honestly? So do we."

The picture changed again, now showing an odd little statue.

tumblr_inline_mqt0akiWcY1s2uefr.jpg

"That was the last of Hightower's acquisitions. Shiriki Utundu, an idol from a tribe down in Africa. Strang is convinced that it's cursed, and is trying to keep people from messing with it. According to him, Hightower apparently did something to make the idol angry, so it dealt with him personally and cursed the hotel. He tried to convince the current owner, a Miss Endicott, to tear it down, but she's recently announced that there's going to be tours of the hotel, starting in a few weeks. Now, if Strang really is right, that idol could bring a lot of harm to a lot of innocent people if it's not taken out of there. So, I've come up with a plan! You're going to sneak into the hotel, find the idol, and swap it out with a replica Figment is going to create. That way, Endicott still gets to do her tours, but we prevent any possible casualties in case there truly is a curse."

"I don't know..." Winston scratched his head. "Isn't this technically...stealing?"

"Shiriki Utundu has a history of being stolen," Whitmore replied. "It never really belonged to anyone to begin with, swapping hands from person to person. Stolen by the Mtundu tribe, stolen by Hightower, acquired by Endicott...I dount the thing has ever had a real owner! But once we get it, I'm putting it in its own room so it can't hurt anyone...if it's cursed, of course. For all we know, it's just a statue."

"And if it isn't?"

"Then it still gets its own room! I have plenty back home, he'll be fine! Now, having you all pop up in the middle of the Big Apple would cause a lot of problems, so Figment...go ahead and get me that picture I showed you earlier."

The creature nodded, and replacing Hightower's photo was the picture of a room.

2015-11-21_0148.jpg

Dreamfinder took over. "Now, everyone get ready...I want you to picture it, as you've pictured other places before. The musky old smell of time...the chill in the air...the sense of foreboding. A beautiful place, but one devoid of any warmth or soul. Can you see it?"

If you did, you would be right in that picture. When you opened your eyes, you would find yourself inside the lobby of the hotel. For something that had been abandoned for nearly twenty years, the room was in excellent shape-no doubt thanks to that Endicott woman's preperations for tours. It certainly looked old from the interior design, which featured marble floors and pillars, a stone fireplace, and antique furniture, but everything was preserved and cleaned. Like Dreamfinder had said, there was a heavy scent in the air that gave away just how old this place truly was.

"Brr..." Leaf hugged herself. "It's freezing in here! You'd think Endicott would invest in a heater or something..."

"Well, remember, we're in the late 1910s in this world," Winston replied. "Technology isn't all that refined."

Dreamfinder and Figment were right there, having come along as promised. "Here we are, Hotel Hightower! Careful as you look around, everyone; they did their best to preserve it all."

There was plenty to see here in just the lobby alone. Large paintings adorned both the walls and the ceilings, and there was a framed note near the check-in desk. Also of note was the elevator, the only thing that hadn't been retouched and preserved.

"Let's find that idol and get out of here. This place is giving me the creeps..."

Cast List

@Crow as Shockwave
@Donder172 as Ulfi Blackthorn
@Jeremi as Captain America
@Lucky as Velma Dinkley
@MelodyMeister as The Fifth Doctor
@Sark as Dr. Huey Emerich
@Takumi as Mirania​

"Curses, how illogical. However, if the detriments are indeed linked to this artifact, then it is worth the research."

With that, Shockwave walks towards the check-in desk to see the framed note.

@Yun Lee

Chapter One
"Believe the Misfortune"

"We'll take care of all that back at the Fortress. Should give us enough time to fill up the Dreamport with enough power for the first mission!" Taking the picture from the letter out, or just remembering the place in your mind's eye, you would return to the Fortress
Everyone would once again convene at the Chamber of Planets, where Whitmore handed out papers and pens in order to get that paperwork out of the way. As Dreamfinder and Figment began imagining all sorts of things to fill the Dreamport machine, Whitmore went around and collected any weapons and valuables to be left behind while on the expedition.

Fortunately, paperwork was very easy to fill out, only about ten minutes or so for even the slowest reader in the group. The usual contracts, though Whitmore was kind enough to pay for any funeral expenses that could come up. "Though I'm sure nothing like that will happen on this trip!" He assured. They'd also be getting paid $500 per expedition they went on, to be converted into their preferred currency, of course. A reiteration of the rules, understanding the consequences of breaking any of them, a few signatures and initials, and poof! It was official: The Society of Explorers and Adventurers was open for business!

"All right! Now that we're up and running, let's go ahead and get our first mission started! For this one, I'll be staying behind watching your weapons and any valuables you don't want to take with you. Dreamfinder and Figment will be coming along to make sure everything runs smoothly."

"You can count on us!" From his seat on a hammock he conjured up, Figment gave the group a thumbs-up. "If you guys need help, I'll use my imagination, no problem!"

"Indeed, Figment's ability should be perfectly fine where we're going," Dreamfinder said. "Fortunately for us, our destination a place here in this very world!"

"Yep! Just a hop over the Atlantic to New York City. And there we'll find the site of the new S.E.A.'s first mission: Hotel Hightower."

Leaf cocked her head in confusion, as if wondering if she heard that right. "A hotel? What kind of artifacts are we supposed to find there?"

"Well, Hotel Hightower isn't just any hotel, kiddo. It's the setting of one of the greatest mysteries of the Twentieth Century...and the start of the old S.E.A.'s downfall, Figment, the picture!"

"Right away, Mister Whitmore!" And just like that, Figment had created a portrait of an imposing man on the wall.

latest

"Everyone, meet Harrison Hightower III. S.E.A.'s very own bad boy. This guy was obsessed with collecting any treasure that caught his eye, and would stop at nothing to nab it for himself! Treated it like garbage, too; they say just about everything he pilfered has at least one burn mark from where he put his cigar out on it."

"Oh jeez...Hwy, wait. Why'd they let him into S.E.A., if he was such a bad guy?"

"Well, for one thing, he was a bully who didn't know the definition of no. You either gave him what he wanted or he made your life hell. For another thing, the funding for expeditions he could provide was just too good to pass up. Maybe they even thought they could reform him, I don't know. No matter the reason, he was part of this group...until 1900, that is. During a New Year's party where he was going to show off his latest artifact, there was some freak accident and he vanished without a trace. Now, just about everyone thinks it was just a tragic natural disaster...but one reporter thinks otherwise. A fellow by the name of Manfred Strang is convinced that the hotel is cursed, and honestly? So do we."

"That was the last of Hightower's acquisitions. Shiriki Utundu, an idol from a tribe down in Africa. Strang is convinced that it's cursed, and is trying to keep people from messing with it. According to him, Hightower apparently did something to make the idol angry, so it dealt with him personally and cursed the hotel. He tried to convince the current owner, a Miss Endicott, to tear it down, but she's recently announced that there's going to be tours of the hotel, starting in a few weeks. Now, if Strang really is right, that idol could bring a lot of harm to a lot of innocent people if it's not taken out of there. So, I've come up with a plan! You're going to sneak into the hotel, find the idol, and swap it out with a replica Figment is going to create. That way, Endicott still gets to do her tours, but we prevent any possible casualties in case there truly is a curse."

"I don't know..." Winston scratched his head. "Isn't this technically...stealing?"

"Shiriki Utundu has a history of being stolen," Whitmore replied. "It never really belonged to anyone to begin with, swapping hands from person to person. Stolen by the Mtundu tribe, stolen by Hightower, acquired by Endicott...I dount the thing has ever had a real owner! But once we get it, I'm putting it in its own room so it can't hurt anyone...if it's cursed, of course. For all we know, it's just a statue."

"And if it isn't?"

"Then it still gets its own room! I have plenty back home, he'll be fine! Now, having you all pop up in the middle of the Big Apple would cause a lot of problems, so Figment...go ahead and get me that picture I showed you earlier."

2015-11-21_0148.jpg

Dreamfinder took over. "Now, everyone get ready...I want you to picture it, as you've pictured other places before. The musky old smell of time...the chill in the air...the sense of foreboding. A beautiful place, but one devoid of any warmth or soul. Can you see it?"

If you did, you would be right in that picture. When you opened your eyes, you would find yourself inside the lobby of the hotel. For something that had been abandoned for nearly twenty years, the room was in excellent shape-no doubt thanks to that Endicott woman's preperations for tours. It certainly looked old from the interior design, which featured marble floors and pillars, a stone fireplace, and antique furniture, but everything was preserved and cleaned. Like Dreamfinder had said, there was a heavy scent in the air that gave away just how old this place truly was.

"Brr..." Leaf hugged herself. "It's freezing in here! You'd think Endicott would invest in a heater or something..."

"Well, remember, we're in the late 1910s in this world," Winston replied. "Technology isn't all that refined."

Dreamfinder and Figment were right there, having come along as promised. "Here we are, Hotel Hightower! Careful as you look around, everyone; they did their best to preserve it all."

There was plenty to see here in just the lobby alone. Large paintings adorned both the walls and the ceilings, and there was a framed note near the check-in desk. Also of note was the elevator, the only thing that hadn't been retouched and preserved.

"Let's find that idol and get out of here. This place is giving me the creeps..."

Cast List

@Crow as Shockwave
@Lucky as Velma Dinkley
@Takumi as Mirania​

Sam wasn't too keen on the stealing part but, "If us taking the idol will help people...then I'm all for it." As they materialized inside the hotel Sam took a look around the area. She was heading towards the framed note but it seemed Shockwave was already there with two steps. Instead she made her way towards the paintings to see if there was something of interest. "I think I speak for everyone that we wont touch anything, right?" She asked aloud to everyone.

@Yun Lee @Crow @Donder172 @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Sark @Takumi

Chapter One
"Believe the Misfortune"

latest

"And if it isn't?"

2015-11-21_0148.jpg

Cast List

@Crow as Shockwave
@Lucky as Velma Dinkley
@Takumi as Mirania​

Some terms went over the mercenary's head, but she didn't let that bother her at all. Mirania curiously took a look at the elevator, being careful not to touch something she probably shouldn't.

@Yun Lee @Crow @Jeremi @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Donder172 @Sark @Anyone I missed

Chapter One
"Believe the Misfortune"

latest

"And if it isn't?"

2015-11-21_0148.jpg

Cast List

@Crow as Shockwave
@Lucky as Velma Dinkley
@Takumi as Mirania​
After leaving her weapons behind, Ulfi started to imagine that what was instructed. There is no warmth, so there must be cold. Old smell of time and a chill in the air. When she opened her eyes, the cold was somewhat disappointing for her. She notices Leaf. "Cold? It's warm in here. And you don't need technology to warm yourself up. Or just bite through it." Ulfi said, a moment later letting out a chuckle. "You will absolutely hate the weather in Skyrim."

"We don't have much snow in Kanto," Leaf said. "And I'm glad for that! I'll take summer any day! ...huh?" She counted up everyone in the room. "Hey! Where did that Doctor guy go?"

"Oh...yes," Dreamfinder bowed his head. "He decided to opt out, unfortunately. A shame, too! But I know all of us here will do quite well."

@Donder172 @Sark

---

The check-in desk was polished and neat, though the letters inside the cubbys were old and weathered. No doubt they were left untouched during the upkeeping here. On the desk itself was a sign-in book for guests, which had one unusual signature inside.

The framed note turned out to be the hotel directory:​
  • Lobby Level
    • Hotel Shops
    • The Rajah's Pool
    • Olympic Restaurant
  • Mezzanine
    • China Doll - Salon de Beaute
    • Azteca Gaming Room
    • Alexandria Library
    • Solarium
  • First Floor - Lady's Retiring Room
  • Second Floor - Gentleman's Smoking Room
  • Fourth Floor - Atlantis Ballroom
  • Fifth Floor - Explorers Club Meeting Hall
  • Sixth and Seventh Floors - Hightower Museum
  • Thirteenth Floor - Penthouse
@Crow

---

The paintings were grand, depicting Harrison Hightower on multiple escapades.

latest

Up above, there appeared to be a security camera. Did that mean there was a security room somewhere around here?

@Jeremi

---

latest

Though the rest of the hotel was beautiful, the elevator was completely busted. Broken open, with the columns around it cracked. A plaque nearby read:

"This was the elevator Harrison Hightower III was in on the night of the tragedy. All that was found in the shaft was his fez, and the Shiriki Utundu idol he had with him. This idol is in his office on the 13th floor."

@Takumi

"We don't have much snow in Kanto," Leaf said. "And I'm glad for that! I'll take summer any day! ...huh?" She counted up everyone in the room. "Hey! Where did that Doctor guy go?"

"Oh...yes," Dreamfinder bowed his head. "He decided to opt out, unfortunately. A shame, too! But I know all of us here will do quite well."

@Donder172 @Sark

---

The check-in desk was polished and neat, though the letters inside the cubbys were old and weathered. No doubt they were left untouched during the upkeeping here. On the desk itself was a sign-in book for guests, which had one unusual signature inside.

• Lobby Level
    • Hotel Shops
    • The Rajah's Pool
    • Olympic Restaurant
  • Mezzanine
    • Azteca Gaming Room
    • Alexandria Library
    • Solarium
@Crow

---

latest

Up above, there appeared to be a security camera. Did that mean there was a security room somewhere around here?

@Jeremi

---

latest

Though the rest of the hotel was beautiful, the elevator was completely busted. Broken open, with the columns around it cracked. A plaque nearby read:

"This was the elevator Harrison Hightower III was in on the night of the tragedy. All that was found in the shaft was his fez, and the Shiriki Utundu idol he had with him. This idol is in his office on the 13th floor."

@Takumi

"This plaque says that Harrison was in here when he dissapeared, and that Shiriki Utundu is in his office on floor thirteen." Mirania spoke up, before turning her head to the rest upon Leaf mentioning one of their own not being present. Taking a sweeping glance across the room she grew curious.

Though she glanced to Dreamfinder for a moment. "Is he back at base then?" She asked, though didn't add her other inquiry on if their missing party member had went home or not. She could of sworn everyone was here...

@Yun Lee @Sark @Jeremi @Crow @Donder172 @MelodyMeister @Lucky @Anybody I missed

@Donder172 @Sark

---

• Lobby Level
    • Hotel Shops
    • The Rajah's Pool
    • Olympic Restaurant
  • Mezzanine
    • Azteca Gaming Room
    • Alexandria Library
    • Solarium
@Crow

---

latest

@Jeremi

---

latest

@Takumi

Sam looked curiously at the paintings in front of her. Explorer? This guy seemed more like a grave robber with fancy clothes on. "Don't look now gang," She responded pointing towards the security cam. "Seems like we're being watched. Though that does mean there's no doubt a security room around here, which could help us out."

@Yun Lee @Crow @Donder172 @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Sark @Takumi

A sudden crackling noise suddenly filled the room, along with a slightly distorted voice.

"Come in! S.E.A. task force, come in!"

"Huh?" Winston looked around, hearing the crackling voice. "Is that...Mr. Whitmore?"

"Oh! That's for me!"
Figment held up a walkie-talkie. "Hello, Mr. Whitmore! We're here in the lobby of the hotel!"

"Excellent! Oh, that's right. I have some news about The Doctor. He had some emergency that needed to be dealt with, something about Cybermen? No idea what those are, but anyways, he's out. But that's totally okay! I have absolute confidence in all of you to get this done."

"We won't let you down, sir!" Figment chirped. "Oh yeah! Sam found a security camera in here. Do you know where the security room would be?"

"Wait...a security camera?" Winston looked up to the ceiling. "But-"

"Oh, yeah! Ol' Hightower has a lot of hidden rooms all over this place. I wouldn't be surprised if they used some of those for employee areas. Now the question would be how to actually find it..."

@Crow @Donder172 @Jeremi @Lucky @Sark @Takumi

A sudden crackling noise suddenly filled the room, along with a slightly distorted voice.

"Come in! S.E.A. task force, come in!"

"Huh?" Winston looked around, hearing the crackling voice. "Is that...Mr. Whitmore?"

"Oh! That's for me!"
Figment held up a walkie-talkie. "Hello, Mr. Whitmore! We're here in the lobby of the hotel!"

"Excellent! Oh, that's right. I have some news about The Doctor. He had some emergency that needed to be dealt with, something about Cybermen? No idea what those are, but anyways, he's out. But that's totally okay! I have absolute confidence in all of you to get this done."

"We won't let you down, sir!" Figment chirped. "Oh yeah! Sam found a security camera in here. Do you know where the security room would be?"

"Wait...a security camera?" Winston looked up to the ceiling. "But-"

"Oh, yeah! Ol' Hightower has a lot of hidden rooms all over this place. I wouldn't be surprised if they used some of those for employee areas. Now the question would be how to actually find it..."

"I'd suggest follow the wires but,"
Sam looked up at the ceiling to see if she could actually figure that out. "Otherwise I guess it's a good old fashion investigation to find what we want."

@Crow @Donder172 @Jeremi @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee

There were no wires connected to the security camera that Sam could see. It looked like it was connected to the wall by a metal panel.

"Leaf! What are you doing?"

The young girl stood in front of a half-empty bookshelf, piles of books around her. "Well, usually books are what get these things to move, right? At least, that's how it works in the movies!"

There were no wires connected to the security camera that Sam could see. It looked like it was connected to the wall by a metal panel.

"Leaf! What are you doing?"

The young girl stood in front of a half-empty bookshelf, piles of books around her. "Well, usually books are what get these things to move, right? At least, that's how it works in the movies!"

"No wires to follow,"
Sam said looking up at the camera. "Just connected to a metal panel." With that being a bust she'd instead turned to speak with Leaf. "Books are one thing, a hollow wall could get us in the right direction too." She looked around the room to try and see if there was something that looked out of the ordinary.

Velma DInkley

" I do think that books might be a good place to start, but also,"
Velma scanned the floor to see if there was anything attached to the wall. If there wasn't, she went to go and examine the metal panel.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi

Sure enough, there seemed to be three peculiar areas in the lobby:

1. Where the wood paneling of the check-in area met the carpeting of the sitting area, there was a very slight disconnect between the two.
  2. A draft seemed to be coming from behind one of the paintings on the wall.
  3. The bookcase Leaf had been messing with was unattached ever so slightly from the wall. Furthermore, something very odd was sticking out near the bottom.
"Hey, check this out!" Leaf held the item up, which appeared to be a small white feather. "Did this guy collect birds or something?"

"Hey, I can help!" Figment flew up to the camera, looking at it. "Huh! That's weird...this thing isn't even screwed into the wall! Let me get a closer look..." A little electric drill appeared in the creature's hand, which he aimed at the wall.

"Figment, no! Remember the rules!"

"Oh yeah." The drill vanished into sparks. "Sorry..."

Velma Dinkley

" It looks like this place has multiple secret entrances and passages. If I may make a suggestion to the group, I think someone should look at the disconnect between the two and examine the paintings. As for me, I'm going to see about that bookcase."
Velma leaned down to the bottom to look for a loose book or item that seemed to be out of place or slightly different from the rest, almost akin to someone who made cartoons making one book different and the others flat.

@Crow @Donder172 @Jeremi @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee

Sure enough, there seemed to be three peculiar areas in the lobby:

1. Where the wood paneling of the check-in area met the carpeting of the sitting area, there was a very slight disconnect between the two.
  2. A draft seemed to be coming from behind one of the paintings on the wall.
  3. The bookcase Leaf had been messing with was unattached ever so slightly from the wall. Furthermore, something very odd was sticking out near the bottom.
"Hey, check this out!" Leaf held the item up, which appeared to be a small white feather. "Did this guy collect birds or something?"

"Hey, I can help!" Figment flew up to the camera, looking at it. "Huh! That's weird...this thing isn't even screwed into the wall! Let me get a closer look..." A little electric drill appeared in the creature's hand, which he aimed at the wall.

"Figment, no! Remember the rules!"

"Oh yeah." The drill vanished into sparks. "Sorry..."

If Velma was heading for the bookcase then Sam would take a look at the the painting. "Place like this is bound to have secrets abound. Stay on your toes though, there might be traps hiding about too."

@Crow @Donder172 @Yun Lee @Lucky @Sark @Takumi

Both Velma and Sam found small objects falling to them. "Take some flashlights to see better!" Figment called.

The bookcase seemed to be firmly wedged in place, save for that opening behind it. Upon closer inspection, there seemed to be no end to it; instead of being situated on the floor, it seemed to rise up from below. Perhaps it needed to be lowered, somehow?

Meanwhile, the painting was easier to deal with. Metal hinges could be seen behind the frame. Unfortunately, there were two issues: first, it was too high for anyone to reach (save for Shockwave). Second, even if it could be reached, it wouldn't budge. It seemed it needed to be opened mechanically.

Back