"Yes, there's something wromg with this entire place!" Winston joined Sam, looking at the elevator. "I was trying to say earlier, CCTV technology used for surveillance wasn't invented until World War 2. So there should never have been a security camera installed in the lobby..."

"Psst!" From inside the elevator, a voice could be heard. "...is it gone?"

@Jeremi

---

The book seemed incapable of moving left. Though maybe it could move in another direction...?

@Lucky

"Yes, there's something wromg with this entire place!" Winston joined Sam, looking at the elevator. "I was trying to say earlier, CCTV technology used for surveillance wasn't invented until World War 2. So there should never have been a security camera installed in the lobby..."

"Psst!" From inside the elevator, a voice could be heard. "...is it gone?"

@Jeremi

---

The book seemed incapable of moving left. Though maybe it could move in another direction...?

@Lucky

Wait, who was that? "What's gone?" Sam asked the voice coming from inside the elevator. "Are you alright in there?"

@Yun Lee @Lucky

Moving the book up made the painting lift up on its hinges, allowing a ladder to come down. Just as with the bookshelf, this would retract once the book returned to center. Moving the book down would lower certain parts of the floor, revealing a stone spiral staircase to the bottom.

@Lucky

---

"The statue! Is it gone?!"

"If you mean Shiriki Utundu, then yes, I believe so," Winston said. "I looked all around this area and it was nowhere to be found."

"Phew!" The speaker sighed in relief, then jumped down onto the ground. It appeared he had been hiding up on the ceiling of the elevator.

View attachment 3714

"That thing had me stuck on that elevator for forever! I was going up and down, up and down, and it never stopped, not once!"

This little duck spoke very strangely, but somehow you were able to understand him perfectly.

@Jeremi

Velma Dinkley

Velma looked over at the ground and paused. " Well, that means, there are two options. Miss Leaf, would you be staying here in case the others come back?" She asked. She didn't wait for an answer, moving the book back down again, She would proceed to head down the spiral staircase.

@Yun Lee

Moving the book up made the painting lift up on its hinges, allowing a ladder to come down. Just as with the bookshelf, this would retract once the book returned to center. Moving the book down would lower certain parts of the floor, revealing a stone spiral staircase to the bottom.

@Lucky

---

"The statue! Is it gone?!"

"If you mean Shiriki Utundu, then yes, I believe so," Winston said. "I looked all around this area and it was nowhere to be found."

"Phew!" The speaker sighed in relief, then jumped down onto the ground. It appeared he had been hiding up on the ceiling of the elevator.

View attachment 3714

"That thing had me stuck on that elevator for forever! I was going up and down, up and down, and it never stopped, not once!"

This little duck spoke very strangely, but somehow you were able to understand him perfectly.

@Jeremi

A talking duck huh? Well they already had a talking gorilla on the team so this wasn't anything weird. "Let me guess, the statue's cursed or something?" Seemed like they had another thing to take care of since they're here. "At least you look to be okay despite being stuck here, stick with us and we'll get you out, alright? I'm Captain America," She handed out her hand for a shake.

@Yun Lee

Update

(Note: Recommended posts to read for newcomers:

Prologue

What is S.E.A.?

What happened to the old S.E.A.?

S.E.A. Member Rules

How Your Pins Work

Pin Limitations and Figment's Power

The Dreamport and Using Pins to Travel

Chapter One

"Velma, wait!" Leaf called after the girl, but it was too late. Sighing, she looked to Figment. "Hey, keep watch over the lobby, okay? I'm going up."

"W-What?!" Figment shook his head. "You can't! We already are split up so much..."

Leaf waved him aside, moving the book up and revealing the ladder again. "Hey, I'll be fine! It's just a quick peek up there, and I'll be right back."

"But Leaf...!" No matter how Figment tried to stop her, the Pokemon trainer was up the ladder and out of reach. "Oh no...this is so bad..." He fluttered about, unsure of whether to follow or not, but a sudden turn of events would make that decision for him.

---

Velma would find herself in a cool, dark cavern that had been carved out into a room. Moss and brightly colored mushrooms grew on the walls, while stone tables held various jems and geodes, all sparkling. There was an elevator on the opposite end of the room, and a long red feather laying right in front of it.

Unfortunately, before Velma could do much else, everything would suddenly go black.

---

The little duck seemed relieved that Sam and the others were friendly, and he shook her hand heartily. "Donald, Donald Duck!" As Sam mentioned the statue, he scowled. "I'll say! That thing used all this green lightning and caused me a ton of trouble! Boy oh boy, am I glad to get away from that statue! Lousy thing, sending me up and down in that elevator..."

"Lousy?!"

A booming voice echoed in the room, causing Donald to screech and jump into Sam's arms. The lights suddenly went black throughout every room in the building, leaving everyone in total darkness. This was too much for one group member, Huey Emmerich, who opted out of the mission and returned to base before things got too dangerous.

"Heh heh heh...so, your other friends were not enough, duck? You had to bring a whole new batch of trespassers to treat me shamefully?"

"Y-You!" Still shaken, Donald had a bit of anger in his voice. "Where are my friends?! You better not have hurt them, or else!"

"Or else what, exactly? Considering how helpless you were up until a few moments ago, I really doubt you could lay a feather on me!" The voice laughed again. "Your friends...I simply got rid of them. As I will the rest of you!"

"W-Wait just a moment!" Dreamfinder spoke up from within the darkness. "You...you wouldn't happen to be Shiriki Utundu, would you?"

"Why...yes. I am indeed Shiriki Utundu. Quite impressive you know of me."

Dreamfinder sighed in relief, glad to see there might be a way to negotiate. "We mean you no harm whatsoever. We simply desire-"

"-to take me out of this hotel and to your little fortress. Yes, Blarion. I know."

"Er..." Dreamdinder wasn't expecting that.

Shiriki Utundu chuckled. "Oh, yes. I know all about your little society. I know quite a great deal about all of you. How you desire to bring back a shameful organization by using my retrival as a claim to fame. But I must say...I'm unimpressed by you lot."

Green sparks snapped at your feet, as Shiriki Utundu continued. "My master must be ruthless! Strong! Not a ragtag bunch of little girls and talking animals who use the power of imagination! You're nowhere near worthy of my power!"

"How would you be so sure?" Winston retorted. "You haven't seen what S.E.A. is capable of!"

"...hmph. So be it. I am quite bored cooped up in here, anyway. I shall give you all a test." Suddenly, Donald vanished in a surge of green electricity. "That fiendish fowl and his little friends caused me quite a bit of a headache. I've dealt with them, but I will give you the chance to save them. If you can both save each of the three birds, and bring back the requested artifact from where they are, I will go with you to your fortress. Fail to do so, and you will face my wrath. Understood?"

The elevators in each room would light up with an eerie green, illuminating the rooms. "Step inside...if you dare."

---

Cast List

@Crow as Shockwave
@dark as Robert Langdon
@Donder172 as Ulfi Blackthorn
@Jeremi as Captain America
@Lucky as Velma Dinkley
@Sark as The Superior Iron Man
@Takumi as Mirania
@York as Thorn Harvestar

ydhgxTL.png

"The conditions of your deal are logical," Shockwave speaks to Shiriki Utundu. "As it seems that you value action over negotiation, I will have to show you my prowess.

As the task of saving three has been imbued upon more, it is only logical that we split into equal, smaller teams. Pick well, everyone."

The Cybertronian's feet clanked upon the ground as he stepped towards the Elevators.

@Yun Lee @dark

Professor Robert Langdon
hanks_indo

The good professor eyed his Mickey Mouse watch eyeing the scenery around them quickly as the lights went dark.

"By test, I'm hoping not the test I give all the time to my students at Harvard. He couldn't quite see the talking machine walk past him but he could hear clomps on the floor.

"Mr. Shockwave, is it? This elevator could very well lead into some sort of trap, but I'm used to that on the adventures I've been on.

The professor frowned before turning to the threatening voice in the room, walking toward the glowing "elevator." "Right, I'll go with the walking robot."

@Crow @Yun Lee @dark @Donder172 @Jeremi @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @York

Update

Prologue

What is S.E.A.?

S.E.A. Member Rules

How Your Pins Work

Chapter One

"Velma, wait!" Leaf called after the girl, but it was too late. Sighing, she looked to Figment. "Hey, keep watch over the lobby, okay? I'm going up."

"W-What?!" Figment shook his head. "You can't! We already are split up so much..."

Leaf waved him aside, moving the book up and revealing the ladder again. "Hey, I'll be fine! It's just a quick peek up there, and I'll be right back."

"But Leaf...!" No matter how Figment tried to stop her, the Pokemon trainer was up the ladder and out of reach. "Oh no...this is so bad..." He fluttered about, unsure of whether to follow or not, but a sudden turn of events would make that decision for him.

---

Velma would find herself in a cool, dark cavern that had been carved out into a room. Moss and brightly colored mushrooms grew on the walls, while stone tables held various jems and geodes, all sparkling. There was an elevator on the opposite end of the room, and a long red feather laying right in front of it.

Unfortunately, before Velma could do much else, everything would suddenly go black.

---

The little duck seemed relieved that Sam and the others were friendly, and he shook her hand heartily. "Donald, Donald Duck!" As Sam mentioned the statue, he scowled. "I'll say! That thing used all this green lightning and caused me a ton of trouble! Boy oh boy, am I glad to get away from that statue! Lousy thing, sending me up and down in that elevator..."

"Lousy?!"

A booming voice echoed in the room, causing Donald to screech and jump into Sam's arms. The lights suddenly went black throughout every room in the building, leaving everyone in total darkness. This was too much for one group member, Huey Emmerich, who opted out of the mission and returned to base before things got too dangerous.

"Heh heh heh...so, your other friends were not enough, duck? You had to bring a whole new batch of trespassers to treat me shamefully?"

"Y-You!" Still shaken, Donald had a bit of anger in his voice. "Where are my friends?! You better not have hurt them, or else!"

"Or else what, exactly? Considering how helpless you were up until a few moments ago, I really doubt you could lay a feather on me!" The voice laughed again. "Your friends...I simply got rid of them. As I will the rest of you!"

"W-Wait just a moment!" Dreamfinder spoke up from within the darkness. "You...you wouldn't happen to be Shiriki Utundu, would you?"

Dreamfinder sighed in relief, glad to see there might be a way to negotiate. "We mean you no harm whatsoever. We simply desire-"

"-to take me out of this hotel and to your little fortress. Yes, Blarion. I know."

Shiriki Utundu chuckled. "Oh, yes. I know all about your little society. I know quite a great deal about all of you. How you desire to bring back a shameful organization by using my retrival as a claim to fame. But I must say...I'm unimpressed by you lot."

Green sparks snapped at your feet, as Shiriki Utundu continued. "My master must be ruthless! Strong! Not a ragtag bunch of little girls and talking animals who use the power of imagination! You're nowhere near worthy of my power!"

"How would you be so sure?" Winston retorted. "You haven't seen what S.E.A. is capable of!"

"...hmph. So be it. I am quite bored cooped up in here, anyway. I shall give you all a test." Suddenly, Donald vanished in a surge of green electricity. "That fiendish fowl and his little friends caused me quite a bit of a headache. I've dealt with them, but I will give you the chance to save them. If you can both save each of the three birds, and bring back the requested artifact from where they are, I will go with you to your fortress. Fail to do so, and you will face my wrath. Understood?"

The elevators in each room would light up with an eerie green, illuminating the rooms. "Step inside...if you dare."

---

Cast List

@Crow as Shockwave
@dark as Robert Langdon
@Lucky as Velma Dinkley
@Takumi as Mirania
@York as Thorn Harvestar

The friendly conversation became one of hostility as the statue made its presence felt.

Sexist and annoying, Sam wasn't sure that she even wanted this statue at this point. Maybe she would be allowed to punch it at least once. "You really like to hear yourself talk don't you?" If there were people to be rescued then she couldn't just let them be. She was after all Captain America and with confident steps she made her way towards the elevator.

@Yun Lee

"Not a ragtag bunch of little girls and talking animals who use the power of imagination! You're nowhere near worthy of my power!"
"Hmm, yeah, I'm hearing what you're saying, big guy. I see what you're putting down"

View attachment 3722

Tony groaned, stroking his shin with an iron hand.

"Here's the only problem with your deal- I hate literally everything about it. Literally, everything. So how about we strike a new deal- its called 'You Give Us What We Want, Because You're In No Position To Negotiate Accord'" A conman's smiled crawled across his lips. "I'll skim over the legalese and move on to the meat of things-- you start putting my..." Friends wasn't the right word... "Co-workers at risk, and I'll have tell my... other colleagues back at HQ to withdraw us from the mission and cancel those riveting tours. We get out of your hair permanently... and you go back to being 'bored and cooped up'. Forever. Harm those birds- or worse yet waste my time- and you can kiss your shot at any sort of being entertained ever again goodbye. Letting them go is an investment, buddy. So how about your forgo your bond and we start to bubble wrap your idol-ass up?"

@Yun Lee

"The conditions of your deal are logical," Shockwave speaks to Shiriki Utundu. "As it seems that you value action over negotiation, I will have to show you my prowess.

As the task of saving three has been imbued upon more, it is only logical that we split into equal, smaller teams. Pick well, everyone."
"I wound't called them logical, Tin-Man" Tony called over his shoulder. "If he can take Donald off to God-Knows-Where at the drop of a hat, who's to say he's gonna give us our mascot back once we've finished this Easter Egg Hunt of his? You've got to put yourself into the mindset of a super-villain" Well... for some reason, Tony didn't find the change in mindset too challenging. "I'm not about to take some Ancient Wooden Doll on his word, let me tell you that"

@Crow

"Heh heh heh...a ha ha ha ha ha!!"

Shiriki Utundu's laughter caused the ground to shake yet again, even within the elevators. "So...you are quite an arrogant one...aren't you."

As Stark looked over his shoulder, he would find not Shockwave there, though everyone else would find their surroundings had not changed further. In fact, there was no one there, but a little idol with glowing green eyes.

latest

Tony would be the only one to see this, or hear what he said next. "An arrogant little worm! You vile thing, do you not realize who it is you speak to? I am far more powerful than you could ever imagine! I have made empires fall, men richer and stronger than you crumble into dust! But if you do not believe me...perhaps a demonstration is in order?"

Stark would suddenly feel sharp little pains all over his face, as well as something slimy squirming on his skin. "Do you enjoy my leeches, worm? Someone prideful as you no doubt values his looks. It would be quite a shame if your face were to be scarred or drained of its blood...I doubt all the money in the world could repair that, Anthony."

Meanwhile, in the storeroom, Shiriki Utundu spoke to Captain America. "Watch your tongue! I do not take kindly to disrespect, Captain. It would be wise to remember that."

He paused. "Oh. And one more thing..."

BZZT! Dreamfinder cried out as a sudden spark of green electricity zapped him in his rear, where the walkie-talkie was kept in his back pocket. The device vanished into thin air. "I suppose the only way you will get back to your...HQ, is by going back there yourselves. Understand that turning back now is the only opportunity you have to do so."

"You...you're sick!" Winston snarled.

"Hmph. My name literally means, 'Believe the Misfortune.' You really shouldn't have expected anything less."

@Crow @dark @Donder172 @Jeremi @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @York

Update

Prologue

What is S.E.A.?

S.E.A. Member Rules

How Your Pins Work

Chapter One

---

---

"Lousy?!"

---

Cast List

@Crow as Shockwave
@dark as Robert Langdon
@Lucky as Velma Dinkley
@Takumi as Mirania
@York as Thorn Harvestar

"Hmm, yeah, I'm hearing what you're saying, big guy. I see what you're putting down"

View attachment 3722

Tony groaned, stroking his shin with an iron hand.

"Here's the only problem with your deal- I hate literally everything about it. Literally, everything. So how about we strike a new deal- its called 'You Give Us What We Want, Because You're In No Position To Negotiate Accord'" A conman's smiled crawled across his lips. "I'll skim over the legalese and move on to the meat of things-- you start putting my..." Friends wasn't the right word... "Co-workers at risk, and I'll have tell my... other colleagues back at HQ to withdraw us from the mission and cancel those riveting tours. We get out of your hair permanently... and you go back to being 'bored and cooped up'. Forever. Harm those birds- or worse yet waste my time- and you can kiss your shot at any sort of being entertained ever again goodbye. Letting them go is an investment, buddy. So how about your forgo your bond and we start to bubble wrap your idol-ass up?"

@Yun Lee

"I wound't called them logical, Tin-Man" Tony called over his shoulder. "If he can take Donald off to God-Knows-Where at the drop of a hat, who's to say he's gonna give us our mascot back once we've finished this Easter Egg Hunt of his? You've got to put yourself into the mindset of a super-villain" Well... for some reason, Tony didn't find the change in mindset too challenging. "I'm not about to take some Ancient Wooden Doll on his word, let me tell you that"

@Crow

"We currently have nothing but his word to go on for now." Mirania spoke up, having been quiet for some time and thinking over Shiriki Utundu's words for a moment. Challenging such a being right now didn't seem like the smartest move to her after all. With that however, she would step i to the elevator.

@Yun Lee @Crow @Sark @Others

Shockwave watched as Stark was zapped away by Shiriki Utundu.

"Fortune... Misfortune... such illogical concepts, but I guess that is to be expected from one of origins most primitive,"
Shockwave speaks as his footsteps stop just before it could touch the elevator's floors, "To place my Spark on luck or the lack of it is almost laughable...

... but very well, you have made your point. Your occult capabilities are indeed formiddable, and formiddable to the eyes of many usually means something else for me...
"

Shockwave then turns to the Professor with the Mickey Mouse watch.

"Let us play the totem's little game together."

@Yun Lee

@Sark @dark @Takumi

"Heh heh heh...a ha ha ha ha ha!!"

Shiriki Utundu's laughter caused the ground to shake yet again, even within the elevators. "So...you are quite an arrogant one...aren't you."

As Stark looked over his shoulder, he would find not Shockwave there, though everyone else would find their surroundings had not changed further. In fact, there was no one there, but a little idol with glowing green eyes.

latest

Tony would be the only one to see this, or hear what he said next. "An arrogant little worm! You vile thing, do you not realize who it is you speak to? I am far more powerful than you could ever imagine! I have made empires fall, men richer and stronger than you crumble into dust! But if you do not believe me...perhaps a demonstration is in order?"

Stark would suddenly feel sharp little pains all over his face, as well as something slimy squirming on his skin. "Do you enjoy my leeches, worm? Someone prideful as you no doubt values his looks. It would be quite a shame if your face were to be scarred or drained of its blood...I doubt all the money in the world could repair that, Anthony."

Meanwhile, in the storeroom, Shiriki Utundu spoke to Captain America. "Watch your tongue! I do not take kindly to disrespect, Captain. It would be wise to remember that."

He paused. "Oh. And one more thing..."

BZZT! Dreamfinder cried out as a sudden spark of green electricity zapped him in his rear, where the walkie-talkie was kept in his back pocket. The device vanished into thin air. "I suppose the only way you will get back to your...HQ, is by going back there yourselves. Understand that turning back now is the only opportunity you have to do so."

"You...you're sick!" Winston snarled.

"Hmph. My name literally means, 'Believe the Misfortune.' You really shouldn't have expected anything less."

"And I don't take very kindly to bullies,"
Sam replied. "Cut the crap already and send us where we have to be. You obviously have all the cards so not like we can cut a deal with you now."

@Yun Lee

Velma Dinkley

She knew that it was probably a terrible idea to play this little totem's game, but she wasn't about to voice her opinion a loud. She didn't know what it was capable of. " I'm going on in and know this, totem, we will win and prevail and it's because you greatly underestimated all of us and the power of imagination." She entered the glowing elevator.

@Yun Lee

"The power of imagination...next you will tell me the power of friendship is just as potent. Bah!"

Everyone would find themselves in the elevator on their floor, as if the idol got tired of waiting. Tony would find himself free of leeches now, as if they had never been on him at all. "Now is the time for you all to put your meaningless words to the test! I will be sending you all to your first location, where you must locate an important artifact: a book."

"You won't even tell us what the book is?" Winston asked.

"You will know it when you see it...if you truly are the adventurers you claim yourselves to be. I sent the loudmouthed duck there, as well, so you will also need to find him while you're there. When you have both the book and the duck, use your silly little pins to return to this place, and I will give you your second test...if you survived, that is. Farewell, S.E.A...and let us see what you're really made of. Ahahahahaha!!!"

The elevator doors closed abruptly to the sound of his maniacal laughter. Green electricity sparked off the walls, and the elevators began shaking violently, almost as if a massive earthquake hit. Just like that, however, it was over.

Ding!

The doors opened, and you were free to step outside...into the unknown.

"The power of imagination...next you will tell me the power of friendship is just as potent. Bah!"

Everyone would find themselves in the elevator on their floor, as if the idol got tired of waiting. Tony would find himself free of leeches now, as if they had never been on him at all. "Now is the time for you all to put your meaningless words to the test! I will be sending you all to your first location, where you must locate an important artifact: a book."

"You won't even tell us what the book is?" Winston asked.

"You will know it when you see it...if you truly are the adventurers you claim yourselves to be. I sent the loudmouthed duck there, as well, so you will also need to find him while you're there. When you have both the book and the duck, use your silly little pins to return to this place, and I will give you your second test...if you survived, that is. Farewell, S.E.A...and let us see what you're really made of. Ahahahahaha!!!"

The elevator doors closed abruptly to the sound of his maniacal laughter. Green electricity sparked off the walls, and the elevators began shaking violently, almost as if a massive earthquake hit. Just like that, however, it was over.

Ding!

The doors opened, and you were free to step outside...into the unknown.

Sam was one of the first to step out. "Keep your wits about you. Annoying statue aside we're entering into unknown territory with nothing to go by. Except finding a book." She felt pretty naked with out her shield right now and wished it to her side just in case things would get ugly.

Velma Dinkley

Velma would be the second one to step out. " Don't forget, we have to find a duck. The statue specified a book and a duck. Maybe-" she held up her pin and imagined a flashlight and once she was sure it had gone through, she would flick the flashlight on to see what was in the area in case it was dark.

USER=2406]@Crow[/USER] @dark @Donder172 @Jeremi @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @York @Yun Lee

Stepping out of the elevators, all three groups found themselves reunited. "Dreamfinder!" Figment flew right into his creator's arms, visibly shaken. "What's going on? Why is that statue doing this?"

"Well, I suppose being an evil entity means you want to be as cruel as possible," Dreamfinder responded, a grave expression on his face. "I get the feeling I know what happened to Hightower..."

"We're not gonna let it happen to us!" Leaf followed Velma, looking out into the darkness of their new surroundings. "We just gotta get through this stupid test of his first..."

IMG_4198-1024x768.jpg

They had stepped out into some sort of boiler room, the elevators having been part of the building already. Oddly enough, the electricity up ahead appeared to be working, as the fluorescent lights flickered on up ahead. The copper machinery contrasted with limestone walls, creating a cold atmosphere...with the hollow clanging of machinery sounding in the distance.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Sark @Donder172 @dark @Crow @York

Back