Velma Dinkley

Velma who had been quiet the whole time processing everything that she had been saying decided to ask a question. " Out of curiousity, why is the first rule needed? I agree with completely, but it seems like a rather strange group to have for people on expeditions who want to learn more. Otherwise, all of these rules seem quite good," she replied, pausing to think for a moment. " Actually, wouldn't it be better to remedy rule 6 to include not harming others even if you don't have powers, unless the circumstances provides such as if we are put in a life or threat situation?" She asked. Velma paused and decided to bring up something else that was more of something she had a problem. " Also, can someone in the group carry my spare glasses? I have a terrible habit of losing them often."

@Crow @Donder172 @Jeremi @Yun Lee @MelodyMeister @Sark @Takumi

"You can totally count me in!" Leaf said, practically jumping out of her bean bag. "I wanna be part of this whole thing, too!"

"As do I," Winston said with a nod. "Furthering science throughout the multiverse sounds too good to pass up."

Whitmore smiled as he noted the enthusiasm of those in the meeting. "Perfect! In that case, let's-"

"Er, wait just a moment, Preston," Dreamfinder said. "I think we should tell them about the rules first, before we have them agree to anything."

"Oh yeah. Forgot about those." Whitmore coughed, then erased everything on the board so far and writing RULES at the top. "Okay folks, as Dreamfinder said, we got a couple of rules here at S.E.A. that everyone HAS to follow, no matter what."

He quickly wrote the rules down:

Rule 1: NO KILLING.
Rule 2: All weaponry will be left at Fortress Explorations prior to an expedition, and returned after an expedition.
Rule 3: Keep your pin with you at all times.
Rule 4: Do not take anything from any place you travel to, unless it is offered as a gift.
Rule 5: Do not destroy anything natural or manmade unless absolutely necessary.
Rule 6. All members with powers must NOT use them to harm others, or they will be barred from expeditions unless they wear a power-restricting bracelet.

"And to answer that question about the forge," Whitmore said, popping the cap back onto the marker. "That won't be necessary. Dreamfinder will be teaching us all about these pins next, but before then, now's the time to ask about the rules if you have questions!"

@Crow @Donder172 @Jeremi @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Sark @Takumi

"I see the logic in most of these rules. Rule 2 might seem a bit illogical from my perspective, but perhaps I am simply more used to expeditions in the era of wars. In every expedition, there is bound to be threats we must combat - wild beasts and the like. We will need the neccessary resources. Also..."

Shockwave points to his left arm - a cannon arm.

wvG0xk4.gif

"... my primary weapon of choice is essentially limb attached to my body. I might be able to comply with not using external weapons, but perhaps if it is permanently attached to my body, it could be considered a subject of Rule 6?"

@Yun Lee @Lucky @Crow @Donder172 @Jeremi @MelodyMeister @Sark @Takumi

"You can totally count me in!" Leaf said, practically jumping out of her bean bag. "I wanna be part of this whole thing, too!"

"As do I," Winston said with a nod. "Furthering science throughout the multiverse sounds too good to pass up."

Whitmore smiled as he noted the enthusiasm of those in the meeting. "Perfect! In that case, let's-"

"Er, wait just a moment, Preston," Dreamfinder said. "I think we should tell them about the rules first, before we have them agree to anything."

"Oh yeah. Forgot about those." Whitmore coughed, then erased everything on the board so far and writing RULES at the top. "Okay folks, as Dreamfinder said, we got a couple of rules here at S.E.A. that everyone HAS to follow, no matter what."

Rule 2: All weaponry will be left at Fortress Explorations prior to an expedition, and returned after an expedition.
Rule 4: Do not take anything from any place you travel to, unless it is offered as a gift.
Rule 6. All members with powers must NOT use them to harm others, or they will be barred from expeditions unless they wear a power-restricting bracelet.

"And to answer that question about the forge," Whitmore said, popping the cap back onto the marker. "That won't be necessary. Dreamfinder will be teaching us all about these pins next, but before then, now's the time to ask about the rules if you have questions!"

"No weapons, huh?" Sam looked back at her shield clinging to her back. A weapon that had over the years basically become an extension of her own body. "Well you make the rules so I'm not going to argue. I hope we'll end up having as good of a time as you seem to think we'll have."

@Crow @Donder172 @Yun Lee @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Sark @Takumi

The Doctor read and agreed on the rules, well, most of them. First, unless provoked, he would never commit such a barbaric act like murder, two, although he felt kind of defenseless with no weapon, even his one 'weapon' was a pile of ashes somewhere in London. Three was easy enough and impractical to break, five, he wasn't the kind to destroy things, six, his powers were exclusively passive (okay, maybe not but still).

Rule four was going to be hard though. The Doctor had quite restless and fidgety, and keeping his hands from grabbing something as a souvenir was going to be tricky. Oh well, it wasn't particularly hard to follow.

"Yes, I have a question. Should there be a chance of a violent incident, isn't it most logical to carry a weapon?"
@Yun Lee

"Good questions, all good questions!" Whitmore pointed to Rule 1. "It may seem unecessary to you, Ms. Dinkley, but the reason this rule is not only here, but number one, is for a lot of reasons. Like I said, S.E.A. came under fire for its reputation, so we need to do whatever it takes to salvage that. Ensuring that our men come in peace no matter where they go does that. And remember that Atlantis trip I funded a while back? Well...let's just say the fellow I put in charge of that is WHY some of these rules are up here."

He moved on down to Rule 2. "This isn't to say that Rule 1 is concrete-heck, none of these rules are! And by that, I mean these rules are only to be broken unless there's an emergency, and you can't get out of the situation any other way. Rule 2 is the same. Your weapons will stay here in the fortress during a mission, guarded by yours truly...until I can find a good intern. If you need them back for any reason, you press on the little button right here in the center of the pin, and boom! You're armed. Just know that we keep track of when weapons are summoned...but you won't even miss them, with what we're equipping you with!"

"I'm going to go ahead and guess that you'll be leaving us with these pins in exchange for weapons?" Winston asked.

"Bingo! Like I said, we'll get to that later. And as for weapons that are part of the body...Rule 6 applies for now, but break a rule and we give you one of those power-restricting doodads." Whitmore clapped his hands together. "Okay, if that's all the questions, Dreamfinder has the floor!"

"Why thank you!" Dreamfinder walked up to the front of the seats, Figment waving at everybody from his perch on Dreamfinder's shoulders. "Now, I know I don't look it, but I'm actually a scientist, myself. Though, my field of study is rather unconventional-"

"It's imagination!" Figment blurted out excitedly.

Rather than get annoyed, Dreamfinder chuckled at patted the little creature on the head. "Right you are, Figment. I've been studying the power of imagination and creativity for years now, and I've created some extraordinary things...like Figment here!"

"Wait..." Leaf's eyes widened. "You MADE Figment? You didn't just catch him?"

"Indeed! Figment here I brought to life by an invention I made a while ago. Fortunately, that machine has found a home powering a little place called Spaceship Earth, but I've invented these pins here in order to allow you all the ability to bring your own ideas into being! Go ahead, hold your pin, and imagine a key. Any kind of key you want, be creative!! I want to see how each of you views the world!"

"Good questions, all good questions!" Whitmore pointed to Rule 1. "It may seem unecessary to you, Ms. Dinkley, but the reason this rule is not only here, but number one, is for a lot of reasons. Like I said, S.E.A. came under fire for its reputation, so we need to do whatever it takes to salvage that. Ensuring that our men come in peace no matter where they go does that. And remember that Atlantis trip I funded a while back? Well...let's just say the fellow I put in charge of that is WHY some of these rules are up here."

He moved on down to Rule 2. "This isn't to say that Rule 1 is concrete-heck, none of these rules are! And by that, I mean these rules are only to be broken unless there's an emergency, and you can't get out of the situation any other way. Rule 2 is the same. Your weapons will stay here in the fortress during a mission, guarded by yours truly...until I can find a good intern. If you need them back for any reason, you press on the little button right here in the center of the pin, and boom! You're armed. Just know that we keep track of when weapons are summoned...but you won't even miss them, with what we're equipping you with!"

"I'm going to go ahead and guess that you'll be leaving us with these pins in exchange for weapons?" Winston asked.

"Bingo! Like I said, we'll get to that later. And as for weapons that are part of the body...Rule 6 applies for now, but break a rule and we give you one of those power-restricting doodads." Whitmore clapped his hands together. "Okay, if that's all the questions, Dreamfinder has the floor!"

"Why thank you!" Dreamfinder walked up to the front of the seats, Figment waving at everybody from his perch on Dreamfinder's shoulders. "Now, I know I don't look it, but I'm actually a scientist, myself. Though, my field of study is rather unconventional-"

Rather than get annoyed, Dreamfinder chuckled at patted the little creature on the head. "Right you are, Figment. I've been studying the power of imagination and creativity for years now, and I've created some extraordinary things...like Figment here!"

"Indeed! Figment here I brought to life by an invention I made a while ago. Fortunately, that machine has found a home powering a little place called Spaceship Earth, but I've invented these pins here in order to allow you all the ability to bring your own ideas into being! Go ahead, hold your pin, and imagine a key. Any kind of key you want, be creative!! I want to see how each of you views the world!"

"It seems that these rules are a lot more logical than I thought. Still a bit questionable, but I understand the concept of a reputation to upkeep and uphold," Shockwave says. "Let us see..."

Shockwave taps onto his pin and imagines a legendary Cybertronian artifact that only Primes and those chosen by them could properly wield - the Key to Vector Sigma.

This would be a good opportunity to see if relics of legend could be warped into reality.

@Yun Lee

"I see the logic in most of these rules. Rule 2 might seem a bit illogical from my perspective, but perhaps I am simply more used to expeditions in the era of wars. In every expedition, there is bound to be threats we must combat - wild beasts and the like. We will need the neccessary resources. Also..."

Shockwave points to his left arm - a cannon arm.

wvG0xk4.gif

"... my primary weapon of choice is essentially limb attached to my body. I might be able to comply with not using external weapons, but perhaps if it is permanently attached to my body, it could be considered a subject of Rule 6?"

@Yun Lee @Lucky @Crow @Donder172 @Jeremi @MelodyMeister @Sark @Takumi
"The same counts for me. If we ever enter a dwemmer ruin or a tomb at my home unarmed and without armor, we're going to die, guaranteed. I can't even assure you that we will survive while armed." Ulfi said "That's not even taking into account the threats outside. Sure, the roads have become much safer since the civil war, but it's still a bad idea to travel unarmed.

"No offense, but you haven't really chosen the perfect person for that. But I can understand your reason. Though I can't see I agree with it completely."
"So far, I disagree with missing them. But I think it has also to do with the past and the place I came from. We are mostly warriors, merchants, and blacksmiths. I don't think I have to a lot more, I'm sure you're already aware of what we value." Ulfi commented on Rule 2. Martial skills were valued among the Nords. However, with their culture's quest for glory and honor could potentially work out well. They were also well suited for cold environments.

"I have one weapon which isn't really part of my body. Well, not entirely. It's quite vocal, though it's not as bad as some of the Greybeards. Though they would rarely use it."

"Hmm... let's give this a try." Ulfi said as she held the pin. Her first imagination wasn't quite a key. If it would indeed become reality, one would take a closer look, they could potentially realize that it was, in fact, a lockpick. Her second imagination would be a golden, dragon claw. On its palm are three figures. The first claw she found in Skyrim. The claw that led to the tomb that started her adventure in Skyrim.

Velma Dinkley

Velma was happy that they all had such good questions. She listened and wondered what this horrible man had done that had put the reputation of S.E.A under fire and also have them to salvage what happened to them. She nodded and looked over, still not wanting to go as she found all of this very interesting. She listened to everything that was happening and paused, wondering how come the presentation was shifting over to DreamFinder, but it seemed that he had something to present to them and looked over at him.

As a woman of science and a believer of things, seeing someone working in the domain of imagination was fascinating and a little confusing to Velma, but there were stranger things in the world. She listened to what Dreamfinder said and decided it was worth a shot. She held up her pin and imagined a orange key with a pair of glasses on it and also could match the key to Fred's mystery machine key. She also made sure it to make it as precise to a real key size as possible.

@Yun Lee

Last edited:
Science of imagination? What a preposterous thing, the Doctor thought. While these pins were fantastic in all sense, imagination wasn't a thing that could be studied, and it was quite the opposite to science. Why, it was someone with imagination and ingenuity that nearly got them killed during that one planet. This Figment was a fascinating specimen however, how amazing it must be to create life out of creativity, so this Dreamcatcher wasn't all wrong.

A key..well, most keys looked the same. The Doctor held his pin, and imagined a key. And what was the first key he thought of? His very own TARDIS key of course.
@Yun Lee

Whitmore nodded at Sam's question. "Well...it's a little of both, actually! See...I had a very good friend back in school, a fellow by the name of Thaddeus Thatch. He was a dreamer, that one! Always dreamed of finding Atlantis. He never did, but his grandson Milo did, about a year ago in 1914." From his neck, Whitmore lifted up a pendant hidden undwr his collar, where a beautiful crystal hung from the rope.

milo-gives-an-atlantean-crystal-to-his-friends-to-deliver-to-whitmore.jpg

"He chose to stay there, and we covered the whole thing up to keep Atlanteans safe. That meant faking his death back here above the surface. I wound up in charge of his earthly possessions, and among them was one of those pins you all were given. I did some reasearch, and learned about this Society that Thaddeus was a member of. And do you know what I learned?"

He nodded to Figment, who seemed to understand what Whitmore wanted. A projecter appeared in from of the whiteboard, showing various headlines.

MISSING HOTEL MOGUL'S DARK PAST REVEALED
Harrington Hightower III found out to be former member of the notorious Pillager's Brigade

Rest in Peace: Jason Chandler
Beloved Inventor and Resident of Discovery Bay

OCEANEER LAB FOUNDER LOST AT SEA!
Captain Mary Oceaneer caught in freak storm, Navy unable to find a trace

Obituary: Lord Henry Mystic
Explorer, Adventurer, Collector, and Friend

Others flashed on, detailing deaths, scandals, and disappearances of various members. "These past couple years haven't been kind to S.E.A.. All these problem members and tragedies...there's only one fellow left alive, and he's wiped his hands of S.E.A. altogether! Started his own group called the Adventurer's Club..." Whitmore shook his head. "After funding that Atlantis expedition, I got bit by whatever bug Thaddeus had his whole life! There's a lot of good to be done by a group like this, and not just in my world! That Jason Chandler fellow? He had discovered the Multiverse really existed and kept it secret! That's how I was not only able to meet Dreamfinder here, but all of you! I learned a little about you all and your accomplushments back home, and I figured this was as good a chance as any to reboot S.E.A. and make it bigger than ever before! But I'm not going to force you into anything you don't want to do. If you wanna leave, wipe your hands of all this...go right ahead! But if you want in, just know it'll be tricky at first. But I think this will really pay off!"

"I'm in as well." Mirania spoke up, having sat in one of the chairs as she let all of this sink in. Some of the technology was-for her at least-rather advanced. It was fascinating really.

Tilting her head as she read the rules, Mirania spoke up about one in particular. "My powers are linked to healing magic, so I doubt there will be any harm to anyone." She commented.

A key, huh? Deciding to think on it for a second, she closed her eyes and decided to imagine a white key, almost like a skeleton key, yet with the top shaped similarly to a Forest Guardian's skull.

@Yun Lee @Sark @Crow @MelodyMeister @Donder172 @Lucky @Jeremi

"A key, huh..." Leaf tapped her chin. "Ooh! I can make a card key, right? Just like the one for Sylph Co.!"

"And I can make...hm." Winston held out his palm as if to catch the key when it appeared. "I'll just go with a little gold key. You know, those old ones you see in movies."

And sure enough, everyone's keys came into being. Though, if anyone were to notice, the PA system qnd grandfather clock both vanished in a little puff of sparks.

"Amazing!" Winston held his key up in the light of the Sun model. "How is this possible?"

"Well, there's a lot of complicated science that goes into it all, and I'm afraid you've all received so much information already that it may put you to sleep! So, I'll keep it simple." Dreamfinder walked to the Sun model himself, gesturing up to it.

2015-11-20_0331.jpg

"Some of you may have noticed that your pins react to something in this room. Well that something is contained inside that casing: it's an element found only in a little place called Discovery Bay."

"They call it Chandlerium," Whitmore said. "Well, we do. I'm the one that named it, after Jason Chandler. He was looking for it before he died, so I picked up the pieces and finished the job."

"Chandlerium has the incredible power to turn your imagination into physical form! Preston contacted me, and let me tell you, I was excited to be a part of this! I created both that metal casing and the pins, all of which work as an extension of the Chandlerium. Think of this Sun as like a satellite. The little rays, or nodes on it transfer its power to you no matter where you are...as long as you hold your pin, of course."

"There are a few limits, though." Whitmore pointed at Ulfi, as the claw she created caused the lockpick to vanish. "Only one figment can exist at a time. You can't make anything heavier than a ton, or bigger than a one-story house. And nothing you make can be a living thing, either."

"Imagining new things is tons of fun!" Figment said, flying around. "Look, see? You can make numbers, letters, papers for writing! Costumes, makeup, stages for lighting!"

As Figment started rapidly listing all the fun things you could make, they would all appear in the room, then just as quickly vanish into sparks.

"...electron beams and crystal prisms! Divers' scopes and magnetisms-"

"Figment, Figment!" Dreamfinder rushed to the little fellow, shaking his hands. "You're getting carried away again!"

"Oops!" Figment floated back down onto Dreamfinder's shoulder. "Sorry, everyone..."

"Woah..." Leaf's jaw dropped. "How come he can do all that? Can he just imagine without a pin?"

"And where does everything go, once it's all been made?" Winston asked. "Does it just vanish, or what happens?"

"Ah, yes! Well, to answer those questions, we can head off into the Dreamport! Since I had you all make keys, could one of you go and unlock the door to the Dreamport for me?"

"A key, huh..." Leaf tapped her chin. "Ooh! I can make a card key, right? Just like the one for Sylph Co.!"

"And I can make...hm." Winston held out his palm as if to catch the key when it appeared. "I'll just go with a little gold key. You know, those old ones you see in movies."

And sure enough, everyone's keys came into being. Though, if anyone were to notice, the PA system qnd grandfather clock both vanished in a little puff of sparks.

"Amazing!" Winston held his key up in the light of the Sun model. "How is this possible?"

"Well, there's a lot of complicated science that goes into it all, and I'm afraid you've all received so much information already that it may put you to sleep! So, I'll keep it simple." Dreamfinder walked to the Sun model himself, gesturing up to it.

2015-11-20_0331.jpg

"Some of you may have noticed that your pins react to something in this room. Well that something is contained inside that casing: it's an element found only in a little place called Discovery Bay."

"They call it Chandlerium," Whitmore said. "Well, we do. I'm the one that named it, after Jason Chandler. He was looking for it before he died, so I picked up the pieces and finished the job."

"Chandlerium has the incredible power to turn your imagination into physical form! Preston contacted me, and let me tell you, I was excited to be a part of this! I created both that metal casing and the pins, all of which work as an extension of the Chandlerium. Think of this Sun as like a satellite. The little rays, or nodes on it transfer its power to you no matter where you are...as long as you hold your pin, of course."

"There are a few limits, though." Whitmore pointed at Ulfi, as the claw she created caused the lockpick to vanish. "Only one figment can exist at a time. You can't make anything heavier than a ton, or bigger than a one-story house. And nothing you make can be a living thing, either."

"Imagining new things is tons of fun!" Figment said, flying around. "Look, see? You can make numbers, letters, papers for writing! Costumes, makeup, stages for lighting!"

As Figment started rapidly listing all the fun things you could make, they would all appear in the room, then just as quickly vanish into sparks.

"...electron beams and crystal prisms! Divers' scopes and magnetisms-"

"Figment, Figment!" Dreamfinder rushed to the little fellow, shaking his hands. "You're getting carried away again!"

"Oops!" Figment floated back down onto Dreamfinder's shoulder. "Sorry, everyone..."

"Woah..." Leaf's jaw dropped. "How come he can do all that? Can he just imagine without a pin?"

"And where does everything go, once it's all been made?" Winston asked. "Does it just vanish, or what happens?"

"Ah, yes! Well, to answer those questions, we can head off into the Dreamport! Since I had you all make keys, could one of you go and unlock the door to the Dreamport for me?"

The key Sam imagined took the shape of an old looking cellar key that she held in her hand. "Well if you insist." She made her way towards the Dreamport and use the key, curious to see what craziness that would bring.

@Crow @Donder172 @Jeremi @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee

Sam would find that there was no keyhole on the door.

"Oh no! Okay, hold on, let me try!" Leaf jumped up, attempting to swipe the door open with her card key. "Hey, what gives? This door doesn't even have a bolt!"

"Oh, dear! What a conundrum! How will we get to the Dreamport, then?" Dreamfinder asked, though from the twinkle in his eye, he seemed anything but concerned.

Sam would find that there was no keyhole on the door.

"Oh no! Okay, hold on, let me try!" Leaf jumped up, attempting to swipe the door open with her card key. "Hey, what gives? This door doesn't even have a bolt!"

"Oh, dear! What a conundrum! How will we get to the Dreamport, then?" Dreamfinder asked, though from the twinkle in his eye, he seemed anything but concerned.

Hearing the tone of the man's voice Sam would turn to face him. "I don't know Dreamfinder, how do we get to the Dreamport?"

@Crow @Donder172 @Jeremi @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee

He merely smiled, and said, "Well, Sam...perhaps you might want to use your imagination."

@Jeremi

"If we are capable of creating keys to anywhere we desire, then perhaps..."

Shockwave taps onto the badge with his wave cannon arm, while reaching out towards the door with his right hand holding the Key to Vector Sigma.

uHlY2lc.png

"... then it would be logical to conclude that what we create can be modified to suit our needs. Key to Vector Sigma, become the to Key to Dreamport."

@Yun Lee

Velma Dinkley

" I don't think it's that simple, though I have an idea,"
she said, holding up a pin and attempting to imagine a key hold in the door to the dreamport to see if it would work. " If I understand everything correctly, then in theory, now your key should work since there is a keyhole to go with it."

@Crow @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Donder172 @MelodyMeister @Takumi @Sark

Velma Dinkley

" I don't think it's that simple, though I have an idea,"
she said, holding up a pin and attempting to imagine a key hold in the door to the dreamport to see if it would work. " If I understand everything correctly, then in theory, now your key should work since there is a keyhole to go with it."

@Crow @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Donder172 @MelodyMeister @Takumi @Sark
"I think I know what you are getting to." Ulfi said as she holds her pin and made her or immagination. Her immagination was not a keyhold, but to change the whole door into one of a Nordic tomb.

Fascinating. So even the 'science' of imagination had its logical limits such as having one imaginary object at a time and no living creatures. His TARDIS key came up easily, and The Doctor swiftly pocketed it out of sight. After all, now that more copies of the keys exists, he had to make sure none of them ended up in the wrong hands.

What was also extremely interesting was why was that pin moving. The Doctor was correct after all, the chamber had a rare material only in a few areas! Chandlerium was it? A new material wasn't surprising, but this one had an extraordinary power. Was it possible for him to take some? His adventures would go quite differently, hopefully in good way.

Anyways, he sneered at Sam a little. The Doctor made the same mistake, so it was someone nice that someone was also as foolish as him. Without a keyhole, they can be no key.
Imagining a cricket bat to smash the door open, he focused back into the real world to find that someone had already created a keyhole. Oh well, at least the Tardis key was gone.
@Yun Lee

((Sorry for the late post and for not doing anything in that post))​

Back