Status
Not open for further replies.
Story Update
"Boarding the Enterprise"

After some slight confusion and inquiries, Kirk agreed to include the Discovery's guests as part of their meeting. Preparations went underway.

bcbb040f3ca221a844136257e39951c7.png

As time passed, everyone was taken to the transporter rooms of the Discovery, along with Sarek and Burnham, to be beamed over to the ship that they had just come into contact with, known as the Enterprise, whatever being "beamed" really meant.

Until the group experienced it firsthand. Perhaps it was fortunate that no one explained the full nature of what it meant to be beamed, for fear that it might have made a person or two uneasy, but essentially, all that happened was that one felt a beam of light envelop them as they felt lighter with every second, before it all suddenly stopped, and as the light faded, they found themselves in a highly similar room, surrounded by the crew members of the Enterprise, as seen with how their outfits were more colorful than the Discovery crew's, and from there, a small, tedious ordeal was undergone as everyonel had to be scanned, along with their quantum signatures, to ensure that they were truly from another place.

After all that was taken care of, everyone was finally able to meet with the Enterprise senior staff in their conference room. There, they were able to be swiftly caught up and grasp the situation that everyone was in, taking it surprisingly well, as though the incident wasn't that much of an unusual one.

tumblr_inline_nk7r75_Land1t92dwi.jpg

"So to paraphrase," Captain Kirk breathed, sitting at the front of the conference table, "Thanks to the attempted use of the mycelial network, the Discovery accidentally got caught in an anomaly that also ended up transporting all you guys on board as well," he said, briefly pointing to you all, "and when you attempted to use it again to launch yourself back home, you ended up here instead?"

"Essentially," Sarek nodded.

"That's quite a bit to take in, especially considering that spore drive research was decommissioned and discouraged shortly after the end of the Klingon-Federation War, in favor of further research on warp drive... and I can certainly see why now."

"If the spore drive technology was used as part of your history as well," Burnham said, "then is there any sort of record of this kind of incident occurring in the past?"

tumblr_inline_ngqq8ie_YOj1sk47ji.jpg

"No incident like this has ever been reported to Starfleet," Spock responded matter-of-factly. "This technology had always been considered unstable and volatile from the start, and there was hardly much of a use for it, at least after the war."

"Still, with your spore drive equipped and your quantum signatures in our databanks, we might be able to help you return to where you came from, as I've researched the process of how the drives exactly work. Perhaps if we link our networks together, with the Enterprise acting as something akin to an anchor or a slingshot, we could propel the Discovery back to its home. In theory, at least."

"It sounds to me you have no idea how to fix this," Elliot said, relishing the fact he was able to be present for this conversation.

"The coordinates of your universe likely differ from ours." Burnham looked pensive as she considered Spock's suggestion. "And while our Chief Engineer says he should, in theory, be able to navigate any mycelial network that exists, adding your ships' network to our should only improve our trajectory. Then, hopefully, once we've figured out that issue, the matter of bringing everyone back to their respective universes will come naturally to us."

tumblr_inline_nk7r1tgq_CT1t92dwi.jpg

"It's worth a shot if nothing else, though I can't guarantee that it'll work. Considering that kind of technology only had a few years worth of research before it was essentially abandoned, it's a bit of a long shot, but it is also your best bet," Kirk warned. Before anyone could say anything else though, a soft beep could be heard on Kirk's form, followed by a male voice, contained in a comm link.

"Captain, are you there?"

Pressing the emblem on his chest, as it turned out to be some sort of button, Kirk replied to the comm link. "Go ahead, Scotty. What can I do for you?"

"You're not gonna like this, sir. You might wanna look at it for yourself. Until then, I'm afraid we won't be going anywhere."

"On my way then," Kirk sighed tiredly, before looking at everyone, "I suppose the plan will have to wait then. I have some... business to attend to. If you'd like, you're all free to come with me down to Engineering and see what the problem is, though I'm not gonna force you to do anything. Feel free to help yourself to the recreational facilities instead if you'd rather. The Discovery may be a Crossfield-class starship, but our facilities should essentially be the same in terms of basic function. If that's all, this conference is dismissed."

"Is that it?" Elliot questioned, looking annoyed. "You brought us to let us talk, but you've largely come to this decision on your own. You people, with your Discovery, seem more concerned about getting yourselves home before us."

Burnham exchanged a cautious glance with Kirk. "You need to understand that we really know little more than all of you about how to proceed. We're doing the best we can."

"How about this," Kirk said, sounding amicable, "those that remain here can ask Spock whatever questions they may have. Toss him suggestions if you think you have any bright ones. Sound good?"

From there, everyone was free to do whichever option they pleased.

@ThatAverageGuy @Jeremi @Josh @York @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Siege @dark @Donder172 @Takumi @Kaykay @Space_Candy @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Archmage Jeremiah @Raptor Jesus @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Raynar Saassin @Otto @Minerva

"I'll be going down to the Engine room," replied a deep voice from the back of the conference room as Titus shoved forward and joined Kirk at the front. The captain's power armor was still utterly caked in drying blood, and his chainsword seemed to be still be humming quietly within it's metal sheathe. The space marine captain looked down at the starship captain, and realizing that they hadn't properly introduced, gave a dutiful nod and extended his clean (or rather, cleanest) gauntlet forward as soon as they started moving off to Engineering.

View attachment 2644

"Captain Titus, of the Ultramarines 2nd Company. You're the first one with a rank I've met from this. . .dimension, captain. I would hope the situation hasn't been too much of a strain on you and your crew."

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Raptor Jesus @Yun Lee @Donder172 @Engine Squad​

Gakupo smiled as Zero Two joined up with him again. "Why, thank you. I'll be sure to protect you, as well." He doubted he actually could, but it's the thought that counts, right? Thank goodness Titus was here to handle Vader-Gakupo had the feeling he'd be useless in that regard.

@Minerva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Ver @Donder172

---

"I can't wait to see how people relax in space! What do you think they do, Vert? I bet they fly around in zero gravity for fun, wouldn't that be cool? I've always wanted to do that. I've always wanted to do that centrifuge chair and roll around all crazy, that's cool too!!"

@Raynar Saassin

Perhaps for Sarek, who had not experienced the alternate universe of the Terrans, seeing familiar faces under these conditions was a surprise, but for Burnham, she felt this was almost inevitable. She stared at Spock and nodded as if it all made sense to her. They had not had a family meeting like this in quite some time, and truthfully, it was not very long ago that Burnham felt such a meeting was never to happen again. She wondered briefly how history was different in this universe, deciding after a moment she did not really want to know.

"A discussion should occur," Burnham said, clasping her hands together at her waist and feeling a buzz of nervousness, "but we will need to provide you with full disclosure. At the moment, we currently have on board what are essentially refugees from different universes. We have experienced a strange and serious anomaly which resulted in these individuals becoming trapped on board. I believe that any further discussion should involve these individuals, both because we alone lack the resources to understand what brought them here and that they have a right to be a part of what is happening."

@Ver

"I don't need anything at all from you," Elliot said to Quill, more matter-of-factly than mean. If there was anything he had come to the conclusion on, it was that he never wanted to be the one who had to say 'thanks.' "I am a self-sufficient individual, but I wonder if you could say the same."

He then looked at Emily, listening to her intently at first, but finding what she had to say to be lacking. "We are not alone?" he said, with a scoff. "That is one of the most utterly ridiculous things I have heard in all of my life. Maybe that is only because I have been alone all my life, but I am hardly unique in that case. We are all ultimately alone, you should know this. You are your own person and that is all you can be. By the nature of existence, you are a single entity." He leaned in, his brow furrowing as he ignored Grif's drunken nonsense. "You are most alone when you die. You never really think about it, until you're on death's door. Don't you know?"

He then got out of Emily's personal space and nodded toward Peter. "That is the most sensical thing you've said so far. This drunkard is beneath us."

@Raptor Jesus @York @Space_Candy @Lucky
"Sheila, are you all right?" Gakupo decided to check in on the supervillain for the time being, as everyone else in the delegate group had been accounted for. "Those creatures didn't harm you or anything, did they?"

Gumi, meanwhile, listened to Elliot's conversation. "Woah. You're really emo, huh? Want some cake? If you put honey on it its super nasty sweet!"

@Josh @Atomic Knight @Minerva @York @Lucky @Space_Candy
Story Update

After some slight confusion and inquiries, Kirk agreed to include the Discovery's guests as part of their meeting. Preparations went underway.

As time passed, everyone was taken to the transporter rooms of the Discovery, along with Sarek and Burnham, to be beamed over to the ship that they had just come into contact with, known as the Enterprise, whatever being "beamed" really meant.

Until the group experienced it firsthand. Perhaps it was fortunate that no one explained the full nature of what it meant to be beamed, for fear that it might have made a person or two uneasy, but essentially, all that happened was that one felt a beam of light envelop them as they felt lighter with every second, before it all suddenly stopped, and as the light faded, they found themselves in a highly similar room, surrounded by the crew members of the Enterprise, as seen with how their outfits were more colorful than the Discovery crew's, and from there, a small, tedious ordeal was undergone as everyonel had to be scanned, along with their quantum signatures, to ensure that they were truly from another place.

After all that was taken care of, everyone was finally able to meet with the Enterprise senior staff in their conference room. There, they were able to be swiftly caught up and grasp the situation that everyone was in, taking it surprisingly well, as though the incident wasn't that much of an unusual one.

"So to paraphrase," Captain Kirk breathed, sitting at the front of the conference table, "Thanks to the attempted use of the mycelial network, the Discovery accidentally got caught in an anomaly that also ended up transporting all you guys on board as well," he said, briefly pointing to you all, "and when you attempted to use it again to launch yourself back home, you ended up here instead?"

"That's quite a bit to take in, especially considering that spore drive research was decommissioned and discouraged shortly after the end of the Klingon-Federation War, in favor of further research on warp drive... and I can certainly see why now."

"If the spore drive technology was used as part of your history as well," Burnham said, "then is there any sort of record of this kind of incident occurring in the past?"

"No incident like this has ever been reported to Starfleet," Spock responded matter-of-factly. "This technology had always been considered unstable and volatile from the start, and there was hardly much of a use for it, at least after the war."

"Still, with your spore drive equipped and your quantum signatures in our databanks, we might be able to help you return to where you came from, as I've researched the process of how the drives exactly work. Perhaps if we link our networks together, with the Enterprise acting as something akin to an anchor or a slingshot, we could propel the Discovery back to its home. In theory, at least."

"It sounds to me you have no idea how to fix this," Elliot said, relishing the fact he was able to be present for this conversation.

"The coordinates of your universe likely differ from ours." Burnham looked pensive as she considered Spock's suggestion. "And while our Chief Engineer says he should, in theory, be able to navigate any mycelial network that exists, adding your ships' network to our should only improve our trajectory. Then, hopefully, once we've figured out that issue, the matter of bringing everyone back to their respective universes will come naturally to us."

"It's worth a shot if nothing else, though I can't guarantee that it'll work. Considering that kind of technology only had a few years worth of research before it was essentially abandoned, it's a bit of a long shot, but it is also your best bet," Kirk warned. Before anyone could say anything else though, a soft beep could be heard on Kirk's form, followed by a male voice, contained in a comm link.

Pressing the emblem on his chest, as it turned out to be some sort of button, Kirk replied to the comm link. "Go ahead, Scotty. What can I do for you?"

"You're not gonna like this, sir. You might wanna look at it for yourself. Until then, I'm afraid we won't be going anywhere."

"On my way then," Kirk sighed tiredly, before looking at everyone, "I suppose the plan will have to wait then. I have some... business to attend to. If you'd like, you're all free to come with me down to Engineering and see what the problem is, though I'm not gonna force you to do anything. Feel free to help yourself to the recreational facilities instead if you'd rather. The Discovery may be a Crossfield-class starship, but our facilities should essentially be the same in terms of basic function. If that's all, this conference is dismissed."

"Is that it?" Elliot questioned, looking annoyed. "You brought us to let us talk, but you've largely come to this decision on your own. You people, with your Discovery, seem more concerned about getting yourselves home before us."

Burnham exchanged a cautious glance with Kirk. "You need to understand that we really know little more than all of you about how to proceed. We're doing the best we can."

"How about this," Kirk said, sounding amicable, "those that remain here can ask Spock whatever questions they may have. Toss him suggestions if you think you have any bright ones. Sound good?"

@ThatAverageGuy @Jeremi @Josh @York @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Siege @dark @Donder172 @Takumi @Kaykay @Space_Candy @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Archmage Jeremiah @Raptor Jesus @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Raynar Saassin @Otto @Minerva
Emily Hayes
@Minerva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Ver @Donder172
@Engineering

Emily sighed, evidently a little disappointed she couldn't get through to Elliot. Nonetheless, before she was taken away with the others to the transporters, she left him with a somewhat ominous warning.

TX8rTla.png

"Maybe it's better if we act together while we still can. Even if we're all going to be alone in the end... It's the journey that matters the most." She said, although she seemed to pause a little for a moment once more, something else coming to mind.

"Besides... There's always a price... A sacrifice, for the kind of freedom you're looking for." She added.

After all was said and done, she debated for a moment, wondering if she should stay in the recreational area some more to question Kirk, she decided it was better to head to the Engineering area quietly. Although, she did wonder where Elliot was going to go himself; considering his lack of drive to help others, it was most likely he was going to stay in the recreational area, but... Who knows.​

Last edited:
"I'll be going down to the Engine room," replied a deep voice from the back of the conference room as Titus shoved forward and joined Kirk at the front. The captain's power armor was still utterly caked in drying blood, and his chainsword seemed to be still be humming quietly within it's metal sheathe. The space marine captain looked down at the starship captain, and realizing that they hadn't properly introduced, gave a dutiful nod and extended his clean (or rather, cleanest) gauntlet forward as soon as they started moving off to Engineering.

upload_2018-5-7_15-7-36-png.2644

"Captain Titus, of the Ultramarines 2nd Company. You're the first one with a rank I've met from this. . .dimension, captain. I would hope the situation hasn't been too much of a strain on you and your crew."
"Whatever we're going to find there. I don't think hostilities will be a good idea with you around." Meceliss said towards Titus "You performed well in combat. Though, you need to clean your armor unless you plan on keeping the blood, which is not very healthy."

"More trouble...?" Gakupo sighed. "I suppose I'll head over to Engineering, then. Anything to help us get home sooner." As fun as recreation sounded, he wanted to get back to his world and away from all this insanity. "Gumi, what are you going to do?"

"Psh, I wanna check out those recreational facilities that dude was talking about! I hope they have a pool!" Gumi rushed off to explore before Gakupo could say another word.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Anyone​

"Elliot, just stop talk. You're like a freaking puppy! You just can't stop yipping! "

Doctor Mrs. the Monarch

Rubbing her temple, she gave the young man annoyed look. Storming away from Elliot, The Doctor started following Gakupo. He was the only real ally she had. Turning to the robot, she huffed stray her off her face, than turning to the robot, looking annoyed.

"I swear, that Elliot kid? He's trouble. Just watch. He's gonna get himself or someone killed."

As the two causal walked, Shelia changed the subject.

"So, about you being a robot; how advance are you? I mean, do follow the "three laws, or you have freewill? Can you feel. It seems like you feel. I don't mean to get heavy, but this is sorta my field".

@Yun Lee @Atomic Knight

Story Update

“Nope! I’m the leader of Red Team twenty-four seven! Seven days a week! Three hundred sixty-five days a year! Without me, the team would no doubt fall apart!”

“With Grif? Uh... normally an hour.”

“You’re (hic) face is beneath—“

CRASH!!!

Before Grif could finish his retort, the soldier passed out right in front of everybody.

“Well, that’s a relief!”

“Well, I’m gonna head to the recreational facility. Going to the engine room sounds like way too much effort.” Grif said, having woken and sobered up since the group transferred ships.

“Leave it to Grif to go and fuck around while everyone else does the actual work.” Sarge replied before grabbing his rifle and turning to face Kirk. “I’ll be joining you in the engine room! No doubt that the Blues have been tampering with this ship somehow! Hopefully, we’ll catch em in the act!”

@Atomic Knight @Crow @Siege @Donder172

Kirby followed right at Sarge's heels, headed to the emgine room. He wanted to feel like he could help. Especially after they let him have so much cake.

@Engine Room

Chapter 2: Memories of SR388

Stepping into the transporter without a peep and stepping out into the Enterprise, Samus remained unfazed through it all. Perhaps it spoke to her focus and willpower, or simply to her relief the civilians on-board were again safe from hostile alien species. The hunter listened closely to the captain of the starship and gave him a silent nod in response, then turned to Elliot.

"Elliot," Samus directly addressed him, "I know how you feel. But we are in this together, remember that," was all she had to say before making for the recreational facilities. "Gumi," Samus addressed the android in question while matching its gait, "do not be so quick to judge Elliot. A child in pain is difficult to understand,"

@Yun Lee @Atomic Knight

@Rec Room @Ver @Raynar Saassin

"Whatever we're going to find there. I don't think hostilities will be a good idea with you around." Meceliss said towards Titus "You performed well in combat. Though, you need to clean your armor unless you plan on keeping the blood, which is not very healthy."

Titus gave Meceliss a dismissive look. "I don't need to worry about infection, alien." he spoke, his voice dripping with some judgement as the alien questioned him. He wasn't lying, however - a multitude of organs within the Astartes gene-seed contribute to an unbreakable immune system that can resist any toxin, bacteria, or infection the galaxy may throw at the Emperor's angels of death. As He decreed - they are untouched by plague and disease.

Unless, of course, Meceliss was talking about Titus potentially infecting others with the blood on his armor, which is something he doesn't think about.

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Ver @Donder172

Titus gave Meceliss a dismissive look. "I don't need to worry about infection, alien." he spoke, his voice dripping with some judgement as the alien questioned him. He wasn't lying, however - a multitude of organs within the Astartes gene-seed contribute to an unbreakable immune system that can resist any toxin, bacteria, or infection the galaxy may throw at the Emperor's angels of death. As He decreed - they are untouched by plague and disease.

Unless, of course, Meceliss was talking about Titus potentially infecting others with the blood on his armor, which is something he doesn't think about.

Xw3r3RI.png

"Save your breath for the Jedi,"
Vader replied. "Despite having to tolerate their presence, there's no need to speak with them."

481b8f95683314aa38ae0e1c16b9a4dc.png

Those who went down to Engineering would come across a room as complex and futuristic as the rest of the ship. Beams of light contained in transparent containers running the height of the room, bright lights illuminating touch-screen consoles, the whole nine yards. If the Discovery wasn't enough proof, the Enterprise was also a bona fide starship of the future. As Kirk and those who followed him would reach the area, coming across a man in a red-shirt, the captain addressed him, nonchalantly rubbing his hands together.

"Alright, Scotty, say hello to our endearing guests. Everyone, this is our Chief of Engineering, Montgomery Scott," Kirk said, introducing the man, who took hold of the exchange from there.

simon-pegg-star-trek-2009-2060135.jpg

"Aye, wish we could have met under more convenient circumstances, but I dinna join Starfleet for a well and comfy life, hmm?" Scotty said, nodding in a polite manner to the group (even if he did find their appearances to be somewhat... unusual, between Vader and Titus), before clearing his throat, "In any case, the warp engines aren't responding. Looks like they gave out shortly after we stopped in front of the Discovery," the engineering chief continued, crossing his arms in his seat, "The computer's sayin' there's an obstruction -- an actual, physical obstruction -- somewhere inside the system, but... How can that even be? For something to end up inside the machines?"

"Maybe the synthesizers accidentally beamed a pork chop in there."

"If only. I was trying to pinpoint the exact location of the obstruction while you were on your way, but then--"

Beep beep.

Before long, Scotty was suddenly interrupted when the console in front of him began beeping. With a brief "'scuse me," he looked over his computer, only for his brow to visibly furrow quickly.

"Huh, that's odd... Now it's reading two -- no, three -- obstructions inside throughout the hardware. If any of you don't mind, could you laddies take a look around the compartments down here? Just be gentle! This ship is my wife and life, after all!"

Throughout Engineering, there were quite a bit of "compartments" scattered around, their functions being God knows what, considering how complex the Enterprise must be, between some hatches embedded in the ground, the walls, beneath some of the computers, and heck, there might even be something in the air vents for all you knew.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Josh @Minerva @Lucky @Donder172 @Alex Azure @Raptor Jesus @York @Engineering

6fa0074bfefa09e394406b1aac855ad8.png

The recreational area was quite similar to the Discovery's, if not arguably better to a point, possibly a symptom of the Enterprise supposedly being a tad more advanced than the Discovery, including a similar area with strange, holographic games and food synthesizers, as well as even a bar with real drinks (though, you were still free to synthesize drinks if you'd prefer). No pool though, unfortunately.

Still, as nice as it looked, something admittedly seem... a bit off about it all. Perhaps if you'd at least give some of the activities a try, that'd help to assuage any potential suspicions.

Right?

@Yun Lee @Raynar Saassin @Raptor Jesus @Archmage Jeremiah @Recreation

tumblr_inline_ngqq8h_AT5_K1sk47ji.jpg

"What can I do for you?" Spock inquired, somewhat dry as ever, similar to Sarek, his supposed father (at least, from another dimension) as Mizelia mentioned having questions, the First Officer making his way from the conference room to the bridge, where his duties were stationed at, especially while the captain himself was reporting to Engineering.

@Donder172

"You don't have to tell me twice, Sheila," Gakupo said, giving the boy in question a sideways glance. "Vader's not the only person we need to keep an eye on."

When asked about himself, he paused a moment. "Yes, actually, I can feel. Us Vocaloids were created to be the perfect popstars. Giving us emotions and personalities helps make us more realistic and endear us to fans. We can feel, we can interact with others as if we're people. We can breathe, but don't need to to live. We can eat and drink, but again, it's only to make us seem more realistic. I can't even feel pain, either." He tapped his chin in thought. "Though, ironically enough, being an android isn't what restricts us from anything. Being idols does. Constant song recordings, diagnostics, fan meetings, concerts...you don't get a lot of free time." He looked at Sheila. "How about you? What made you decide villainy was the best career option? I take it you're good with mechanics?"

At the Engineering site, Gakupo would check one of the compartments behind the computers, katana at the ready. If he had to deal with those awful zombie things again...

@Josh @Ver @Atomic Knight @York @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Minerva @Lucky @Alex Azure

---

"Huh? But I'm not judging him! He technically IS emo, considering how emotional he is, and all his talk about being alone and in pain, and that he doesn't smile...he just needs some eyeliner and dyed tips! Oooooh, games!" Gumi rushed to the games to see what kinds were available to play. Pool schmool, this was awesome!!!

@Ver @Archmage Jeremiah @Raynar Saassin

"I can't wait to see how people relax in space! What do you think they do, Vert? I bet they fly around in zero gravity for fun, wouldn't that be cool? I've always wanted to do that. I've always wanted to do that centrifuge chair and roll around all crazy, that's cool too!!"

"I'm sure they do the same things as us~ I believe almost every ship in space has artificial gravity so it shouldn't feel too different~"

The recreational area was quite similar to the Discovery's, if not arguably better to a point, possibly a symptom of the Enterprise supposedly being a tad more advanced than the Discovery, including a similar area with strange, holographic games and food synthesizers, as well as even a bar with real drinks (though, you were still free to synthesize drinks if you'd prefer). No pool though, unfortunately.

Still, as nice as it looked, something admittedly seem... a bit off about it all. Perhaps if you'd at least give some of the activities a try, that'd help to assuage any potential suspicions.

Right?

"Ooo~ This place looks very nice." Vert exclaimed, taking a look around for herself and seeing that the place was a bit too perfect... Ah who cares.

"Huh? But I'm not judging him! He technically IS emo, considering how emotional he is, and all his talk about being alone and in pain, and that he doesn't smile...he just needs some eyeliner and dyed tips! Oooooh, games!" Gumi rushed to the games to see what kinds were available to play. Pool schmool, this was awesome!!!

face-2-gif.2642

"Wait for me Gumi, I shall accompany you to the games section. Who knows, with me you might learn a thing or two~" Vert exclaimed as she rushed to the games as well to discover what they may hold.

@Yun Lee

Those who went down to Engineering would come across a room as complex and futuristic as the rest of the ship. Beams of light contained in transparent containers running the height of the room, bright lights illuminating touch-screen consoles, the whole nine yards. If the Discovery wasn't enough proof, the Enterprise was also a bona fide starship of the future. As Kirk and those who followed him would reach the area, coming across a man in a red-shirt, the captain addressed him, nonchalantly rubbing his hands together.

"Alright, Scotty, say hello to our endearing guests. Everyone, this is our Chief of Engineering, Montgomery Scott," Kirk said, introducing the man, who took hold of the exchange from there.

"Aye, wish we could have met under more convenient circumstances, but I dinna join Starfleet for a well and comfy life, hmm?" Scotty said, nodding in a polite manner to the group (even if he did find their appearances to be somewhat... unusual, between Vader and Titus), before clearing his throat, "In any case, the warp engines aren't responding. Looks like they gave out shortly after we stopped in front of the Discovery," the engineering chief continued, crossing his arms in his seat, "The computer's sayin' there's an obstruction -- an actual, physical obstruction -- somewhere inside the system, but... How can that even be? For something to end up inside the machines?"

"If only. I was trying to pinpoint the exact location of the obstruction while you were on your way, but then--"

Beep beep.

Before long, Scotty was suddenly interrupted when the console in front of him began beeping. With a brief "'scuse me," he looked over his computer, only for his brow to visibly furrow quickly.

"Huh, that's odd... Now it's reading two -- no, three -- obstructions inside throughout the hardware. If any of you don't mind, could you laddies take a look around the compartments down here? Just be gentle! This ship is my wife and life, after all!"

Throughout Engineering, there were quite a bit of "compartments" scattered around, their functions being God knows what, considering how complex the Enterprise must be, between some hatches embedded in the ground, the walls, beneath some of the computers, and heck, there might even be something in the air vents for all you knew.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Josh @Minerva @Lucky @Donder172 @Alex Azure @Raptor Jesus @York @Engineering
"A pleasure meeting you, Scotty." Meceliss said towards the Chief of Engineering. " I will take a look around." she said and she went on alone before anyone could ask. Having completely ignored Vader's remark. Yet, it didn't go unnoticed to her as she cursed under her breath very, very quietly.

"What can I do for you?" Spock inquired, somewhat dry as ever, similar to Sarek, his supposed father (at least, from another dimension) as Mizelia mentioned having questions, the First Officer making his way from the conference room to the bridge, where his duties were stationed at, especially while the captain himself was reporting to Engineering.
"There are a few things that I noticed while on board the ships... the... ehh... Explorer and... Enterprise? Can you maybe explain for me a few things? For example, what was your method of transportation from ship to ship? That certainly wasn't a shuttle, unless you used a form of stasis on us." Mizelia started, her voice was still calm. Her facial expression did however show signs of curiosity.

"There are a few things that I noticed while on board the ships... the... ehh... Explorer and... Enterprise? Can you maybe explain for me a few things? For example, what was your method of transportation from ship to ship? That certainly wasn't a shuttle, unless you used a form of stasis on us." Mizelia started, her voice was still calm. Her facial expression did however show signs of curiosity.
"The Discovery," Spock corrected Mizelia when she instead said "Explorer," pausing for a brief moment before even going on to answer the rest of her question, "As for our beaming technology, our transporters are subspace machines that convert the individual molecules of a given object or person into pure energy, before beaming them into a different location," he continued, displaying an almost encyclopedic knowledge of his own world, "In essence, you are dismantled down to the molecular level, and reassembled in a different location."

Spock pauses for a moment, before continuing, not even audibly breathing or clearing his throat. "If your thoughts on that method are of apprehension, I can only advise you to take little heed in it. Though there have been some isolated incidents where a transporter had malfunctioned, resulting in unforeseen consequences, it is still statistically a highly safe method of transportation, especially since the technology has been in wide use for over a hundred years."

@Donder172

Beep beep.

Right?

@Donder172
"You don't have to tell me twice, Sheila," Gakupo said, giving the boy in question a sideways glance. "Vader's not the only person we need to keep an eye on."

When asked about himself, he paused a moment. "Yes, actually, I can feel. Us Vocaloids were created to be the perfect popstars. Giving us emotions and personalities helps make us more realistic and endear us to fans. We can feel, we can interact with others as if we're people. We can breathe, but don't need to to live. We can eat and drink, but again, it's only to make us seem more realistic. I can't even feel pain, either." He tapped his chin in thought. "Though, ironically enough, being an android isn't what restricts us from anything. Being idols does. Constant song recordings, diagnostics, fan meetings, concerts...you don't get a lot of free time." He looked at Sheila. "How about you? What made you decide villainy was the best career option? I take it you're good with mechanics?"

At the Engineering site, Gakupo would check one of the compartments behind the computers, katana at the ready. If he had to deal with those awful zombie things again...

@Josh @Ver @Atomic Knight @York @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Minerva @Lucky @Alex Azure

---

@Ver @Archmage Jeremiah @Raynar Saassin
Emily Hayes
@Josh @Ver @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Minerva @Lucky @Alex Azure

Emily nodded quietly, agreeing with both Gakupo and Shiela in this case; it wasn't just Vader they had to worry about. While she could at least somewhat sympathise with Elliot, the mindset he has right now could very well be dangerous if his powers recovered at the wrong time. Though, she would resume keeping an eye on him later, after they dealt with the issues engineering on this ship seem to be experiencing.

Although, after hearing Scotty and Kirk discuss the obstructions that appear to be occurring at seemingly random, appearing and spreading within compartments behind various ship computers, she had to wonder if more of those parasitic creatures had made their way onboard...

Deciding to proceed with caution, she decided to stick close to Gakupo while investigating one of the compartments.

cV6zlAu.png

"Could this be the mycelial drive's doing again?" She asked, more or less thinking out loud.

Emily was ready to strike any potential threats emerging from the compartments with her stone magic, but... For the time being, she very much hoped she wouldn't have to.​

Xw3r3RI.png

"Save your breath for the Jedi,"
Vader replied. "Despite having to tolerate their presence, there's no need to speak with them."

Titus responded with a grunt, turning his gaze away from the alien to focus on the task at hand.

Psykers, xenos, little girls. Why did Titus ever leave the monastery?

Beep beep.

Right?

@Donder172

View attachment 2646

"I never had an aptitude with the machine spirits. Perhaps that's why I was never destined to become a Techmarine. . ." Titus remarked to himself as he gazed over the winding compartments of the vast engine room. He understood the anatomy of a starship quite well, but the actual maintaining of the machine itself was left to servitors, tech-priests and those with a closer relationship to the Machine God.

"The one named Viktor - he would be useful here. He seems a disciple of the Machine Cult. Or, at least, he looks like one,"
Titus commented, thinking of the so-called 'Machine Herald' that had joined the group. His mechandendrite-like arm and fanatic adherence to machinery was characteristic of the Adeptus Mechanicus. Perhaps Titus isn't the only inhabitant of his universe to be caught up in this mess, though it's unlikely Viktor is truly of the Machine Cult.

Judging by the term that the engineer used, the ship's engine functioned similarly to Imperial voidships, though Titus had a feeling that none of these people had ever taken this ship through the Warp, considering the lack of a Gellar Field generator. They must use some other immaterial realm to achieve faster-than-light travel. "Keep a distance from the vents and openings, Chief Scotty. It's possible those parasitic xenos from the Discovery may have snuck aboard the ship."

@Ver @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Josh @Minerva @Lucky @Donder172 @Alex Azure @Raptor Jesus @York @Engineering

"The Discovery," Spock corrected Mizelia when she instead said "Explorer," pausing for a brief moment before even going on to answer the rest of her question, "As for our beaming technology, our transporters are subspace machines that convert the individual molecules of a given object or person into pure energy, before beaming them into a different location," he continued, displaying an almost encyclopedic knowledge of his own world, "In essence, you are dismantled down to the molecular level, and reassembled in a different location."

Spock pauses for a moment, before continuing, not even audibly breathing or clearing his throat. "If your thoughts on that method are of apprehension, I can only advise you to take little heed in it. Though there have been some isolated incidents where a transporter had malfunctioned, resulting in unforeseen consequences, it is still statistically a highly safe method of transportation, especially since the technology has been in wide use for over a hundred years."

@Donder172
Mizelia nods "That does sound like a very interesting way to transport, though it does sound a bit unusual. Though that might just be that it is not what I'm used to. But to use this for hundreds of years, that's very impressive. We're using transport ships or airlocks to get from ship to ship." she said before taking moment self to formulate her next question. "Earlier there was the mentioning of an experimental engine for the use of faster-than-light travel. While I can understand that with the amount of research done that it would be prone to failure. I do wonder what your usual faster-than-light travel works. I doubt it's the same as a hyperdrive." Mizelia asked after a moment.

The barbed comments of others made Elliot bristle, though he avoided showing much outward annoyance at anyone in particular. He knew what he was capable of and that was all that mattered. They would be begging him for his assistance if they knew. That thought made Elliot feel almost content, though he wasn't entirely sure why. Perhaps the thought of others being helpless and completely reliant on him was a bit of a guilty fantasy.

He considered Emily's previous words as she walked away from him. With others taking the initiative to help this godforsaken space crew, he felt he didn't need to bother, though he considered following anyway. Perhaps he could debate more with Emily. though he felt any further discussion between them would be much the same as before. She was hopelessly optimistic, like a character in one of the books Elliot loved as a child. He only loved them when he was a child, of course, for he soon realized how foolish those characters were. Those epic fantasies may as well have been tragedies once he knew that.

Elliot had reached such an epiphany when he managed to first escape Mother Comstock's clutches, a moment that which felt like the start of so much more. He had become a man at that moment, no matter what the others around him saw. He could only see the armored ones, those that insisted on calling him a child, as little more than cowards who needed to hide behind metal.

"..."

A shiver ran up Elliot's spine, It was a bad sign. The boy sighed deeply and outstretched his hands, balling them into fists a few times as if he was trying to focus on something. He needed to do this whenever the shakes began. Usually helped if he got up and moved around, but that was not something he cared to do aboard this prison vessel.

All Elliot could do was wait and consider his options.​

simon-pegg-star-trek-2009-2060122.jpg

"A pest problem from the Discovery, eh? Well, unless you were attacked by inch-wide beasts, I wouldn't think so," Scotty responded to Titus, still looking over the beeping console in front of him, wondering what could be happening.

As the group began searching through the various compartments, which were easy enough to open after unlatching some locks (likely only able to be moved at all thanks in part to them being unlocked at all), it was then that something rather peculiar could be seen inside, letting out a soft purring sound, akin to a cat. The insides of the compartment, barely lit at all, were too dark to allow anyone to clearly see what the obstructions in question were, and if anyone braved to reach in and take out the supposed obstruction, they would find...

86456d4653cda34e0095910f3dd22530.png

... a small ball of pure fluff.

One found in every single compartment.

They were definitely alive, considering anyone holding them could feel a sort of pulse on their body, and on top of that, they were all still purring harmlessly, like cats. Even though they didn't have a single distinctive facial feature, being literally nothing more than a living ball (they didn't even have limbs, and they were too hairy to easily tell where its mouth may have been if it even had one), one could almost find them... cute?

Still, even despite how harmless they were, Scotty could let out a worried sigh.

simon-pegg-star-trek-2009-2060172.jpg

"... Bugger all."

"... Mister Scott."

"Yes, Captain."

"How did our cargo get from the cargo bay to Engineering?"

"I couldn't tell you, sir."

It appeared as though Captain Kirk was rather annoyed, giving Scotty what one could almost consider to be some sort of death glare.

@Yun Lee @Donder172 @York @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Minerva @Josh @Alex Azure @Raptor Jesus @Engineering

As Vert and Gumi would look through the games, activating any one of them would result in what appeared to be polygon-shaped holograms appearing over the cabinets, constructing images of spaceships or primitive beasts. The games seemed to range between flight simulators or shooters, though despite the highly advanced hologram technology used to play them, their function was actually rather basic, reminiscent of older video games from human history.

Still, if you indulged yourself in them, they would work out just fine... until suddenly, without a single prompt, each game would suddenly shut off, the holographic screens disappearing, fading into nothingness. Following that, a soft squeaking sound could be heard from... inside the game cabinet, similar to that of a mouse. There were small doors located on them all, possibly meant for station engineers to look at them in case they glitched, and... certainly, there was something going on in the games.

@Yun Lee @Raynar Saassin @Recreation

tumblr_inline_ngqq8ni_DLx1sk47ji.jpg

"Just as beaming technology has been in use for over a hundred years, so has our warp drive technology, which is what has enabled the many civilizations of the Federation to transport across the galaxy, at least within the quadrant," Spock easily responded, keeping up with the many questions posed to him.

"I know not what a hyperdrive is, but I can only assume at least the basic principles are similar to our own warp drives. We had also looked into the mycelial network, utilizing specialized spores grown on planets that are linked to different locations throughout the galaxy, but as mentioned -- and proven with this incident with the Discovery -- this research was quickly discontinued when proven to be unstable and volatile, resulting in... unanticipated ramifications."

@Donder172

"...oh!" Gakupo held the little creature in his hand, surprised at what he found. "Um...is this thing dangerous?" He looked to Scotty and Kirk, who both seemed to be comfortable around thesw things, if slightly annoyed at their escape.

@Ver @York @Josh @Engineering

---

Man, she couldn't even play any of theze games! What a bummer... "Aww...hey! Maybe a mouse is chewing the wires!" Gumi didn't stop to even consider how a mouse would even end up on a spaceship, she just ran to the game cabinet of the shooter she was playing and opened it up. "Yoohoo!!! Mr. Mouse~~~"

@Ver @Raynar Saassin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back