Status
Not open for further replies.
"Dude, we came in here voluntarily," James said, looking at Grif. "Wait, will it be a problem for us to leave with all that corruption?"

"If that was the case, I will just burn this world to the ground," Elliot said, waiting for Catherine to answer.

"I don't really understand," Catherine said. She did not seem perturbed by what Elliot said. "Did you not make digital copies of yourselves in order to enter the ARK?"

"Liara said our minds or whatever are just here temporarily."

"Is that so?" Catherine crossed her arms, looking pensive. "I guess if you had the means... Well, regardless, if there are more of you outside the ARK, they should be able to remove you at some point I imagine. Truthfully, you should have been able to interface with the ARK without entering it, but I suppose the degradation has removed that option."

Catherine then sighed upon hearing Emily's question. "A comet impacted the planet. There was nothing that could be done."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Donder172 @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @York @Space_Candy @Takumi @Lucky @Kaykay @Otto @Castle
“Yeah, and now I wanna leave voluntarily. Really, if we’re being honest here, I wanna leave that entire ship voluntarily and go back home. At least my universe doesn’t have edgy shits with super powers like Elliot.” Grif replied before turning to face Catherine.

“Hell, your dumb fucking box just randomly appeared inside the ship most of us are stuck in after the crew tried jumping universes for the upteenth time. And now, we’re here.”

@Atomic Knight @York @Donder172

As Starscream interacts with the distortion, a small tear suddenly appears in the middle of the space, like a peeled wallpaper, before it morphed inside-out, the data code visible to all in the form of a light ball. Inside the distortion, scattered words litter the meta-space, like a wall of code, consistently reading a number of garbled words and characters, though among the garble, one could at least read ARK on every line. Looking over the exposed data, Spock could only hold his chin thoughtfully.

tumblr_inline_ngqq9gwg2m1sk47ji.jpg

"ARK... Is this the name of the respective program? Perhaps it would be fitting. An artificial world like this would be able to house a large number of consciousnesses in here," he commented, continuing to read over the data.

Among the scrambled, unintelligible code or data, whatever one would wish to call it, there also read the name Catherine Chun, which further elicited a response from the science officer. "Chun... This name is not familiar to me. Could she perhaps be the creator? How could that be so if she is adept enough to build a place like this?" He wondered, before continuing to read through the code, only to find more scrambled, garbled data.

"Most of this data appears to be corrupted. However, I believe that if we manage to extract this data into the computer banks of the Enterprise and the Normandy, perhaps we will be able to recover some of it and learn from it. Would you not agree, Ms. T'Soni?"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Raptor Jesus @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Donder172 @Siege @Raynar Saassin @Jeremi @CityGroup

As Starscream interacts with the distortion, a small tear suddenly appears in the middle of the space, like a peeled wallpaper, before it morphed inside-out, the data code visible to all in the form of a light ball. Inside the distortion, scattered words litter the meta-space, like a wall of code, consistently reading a number of garbled words and characters, though among the garble, one could at least read ARK on every line. Looking over the exposed data, Spock could only hold his chin thoughtfully.

"ARK... Is this the name of the respective program? Perhaps it would be fitting. An artificial world like this would be able to house a large number of consciousnesses in here," he commented, continuing to read over the data.

Among the scrambled, unintelligible code or data, whatever one would wish to call it, there also read the name Catherine Chun, which further elicited a response from the science officer. "Chun... This name is not familiar to me. Could she perhaps be the creator? How could that be so if she is adept enough to build a place like this?" He wondered, before continuing to read through the code, only to find more scrambled, garbled data.

"Most of this data appears to be corrupted. However, I believe that if we manage to extract this data into the computer banks of the Enterprise and the Normandy, perhaps we will be able to recover some of it and learn from it. Would you not agree, Ms. T'Soni?"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Raptor Jesus @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Donder172 @Siege @Raynar Saassin @Jeremi @CityGroup

"Whoa... this stuff looks complex..." Krystal managed to utter.

@CityGroup

“Is that a good idea? What if the Blues use their corrupted data from this ARK thingy and hack the ships with it? Or worse, they turn everything blue! Oh, the horror!”

@Ver @Siege @Raynar Saassin @Jeremi @Donder172 @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @City​

"Dude, we came in here voluntarily," James said, looking at Grif. "Wait, will it be a problem for us to leave with all that corruption?"

"If that was the case, I will just burn this world to the ground," Elliot said, waiting for Catherine to answer.

"I don't really understand," Catherine said. She did not seem perturbed by what Elliot said. "Did you not make digital copies of yourselves in order to enter the ARK?"

"Is that so?" Catherine crossed her arms, looking pensive. "I guess if you had the means... Well, regardless, if there are more of you outside the ARK, they should be able to remove you at some point I imagine. Truthfully, you should have been able to interface with the ARK without entering it, but I suppose the degradation has removed that option."

Catherine then sighed upon hearing Emily's question. "A comet impacted the planet. There was nothing that could be done."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Donder172 @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @York @Space_Candy @Takumi @Lucky @Kaykay @Otto @Castle
“Yeah, and now I wanna leave voluntarily. Really, if we’re being honest here, I wanna leave that entire ship voluntarily and go back home. At least my universe doesn’t have edgy shits with super powers like Elliot.” Grif replied before turning to face Catherine.

“Hell, your dumb fucking box just randomly appeared inside the ship most of us are stuck in after the crew tried jumping universes for the upteenth time. And now, we’re here.”

@Atomic Knight @York @Donder172
Emily Hayes
@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Donder172 @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @@Space_Candy @Takumi @Lucky @Kaykay @Otto
@Castle

Emily frowned, unlike what's putting the Earth she knew at risk... It seemed that the Earth Catherine once knew was doomed from the getgo. Regardless though something about this world suddenly occurred to her, more specifically... The degradation happening within.

utNRwHZ.png

"This other. Do you know how he became... Corrupted?" She asked.

Of course, it was more than likely it was a result of this artificial world being created imperfect in the first place; an oversight by the creators as they desperately sought to find some way to preserve humanity after Earth was no more. However, considering that Catherine seemed to be doing okay, perhaps there was a little more to it than just that...​

Nathan simply listened to the woman, still in a state of shock.

Until she mentioned Earth.

"What do you mean something happened to Earth? I live there and it was fine until I woke up on this stupid fucking ship!" He said panic in his voice.

He looked into her eyes for an answer, then to Elliot, who a few moments ago almost killed everyone including himself.

@Atomic Knight @Lucky @York @Others @Castle

"What do you mean something happened to Earth? I live there and it was fine until I woke up on this stupid fucking ship!" He said panic in his voice.

He looked into her eyes for an answer, then to Elliot, who a few moments ago almost killed everyone including himself.

“She’s from a different fucking universe than you, dumbass.” Grif said to Nathan in an annoyed tone.

@Space_Candy

tumblr_inline_p8mrcaSdzs1r79yns_100.jpg

❝ I don't understand a word that's being said, but taking the data shouldn't be a problem. ❞ Flower wasn't sure what the possible drawbacks could be. The data could be useful. She didn't know how, but better than nothing, in her opinion.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Raptor Jesus @Ver @Yun Lee @Donder172 @Siege @Raynar Saassin @Jeremi
@CityGroup

"What are you talking about you low rent piece of shit!?" Nathan hissed, this was confusing him, all of it was.

He held his head, his anger was mixed with fear, panic, and more anger. He started to shake slightly, tears welling in his eyes.

@Atomic Knight @Raptor Jesus @Castle

"What are you talking about you low rent piece of shit!?" Nathan hissed, this was confusing him, all of it was.

He held his head, his anger was mixed with fear, panic, and more anger. He started to shake slightly, tears welling in his eyes.

“Have you been so busy being an edgy little fucklord that you haven’t even been paying attention? Even I’m not that oblivious to what’s been going on.”

@Space_Candy

"Different... universes." Catherine wasn't sure what to make of that, it seemed. "Of all the scenarios I've imagined, that wasn't quite up there. As for how my... friend became corrupted, I don't know. Perhaps a flaw in the program we could not have possibly anticipated. Maybe his mind broke down eventually. I can only assume it's a matter of time before I too become corrupted."

Elliot returned Nathan's look, but he felt the other boy was just wasting their time. With a sigh, he spoke to Catherine. "If you do not know anything about our situation, then it was a waste of time to come in here. We should just go."

Catherine clasped her hands together but otherwise seemed outwardly calm. "That is your choice. You found the ARK and you may do with it as you please. There is little I could do to stop you, for even if I attacked you in some manner, that would only ensure my destruction."

Upon Nathan's freak-out, Elliot turned to him again and shook his head. "He means that your home is probably fine, Nathan." Of course, Grif had to keep being the foolish sub-human he was by insulting Nathan further. "You sure talk big for the most useless among us. Funny you are obsessed with how 'edgy' others are, when you seem to to be nothing but soft dough under that armor."

"Oh, jeez, he's bringing out the fat jokes," James said, speaking quietly to the others.

Catherine just waited patiently. She had become quite good at that.

"I don't see large number, just the one Sarge just killed," Starscream comments before the entire reality turned into a scape of repetitive words.

"Maybe others, including this Catherine person, are in here. I suppose we'll just extract their brains from here into a computer then."

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Crow @Raptor Jesus @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Donder172 @Siege @Raynar Saassin @Jeremi @CityGroup

「So basically you made a little gimmicky box to save your world's humanity, or something like that. But only in the equivalent of video game form.」

Kumagawa gave a whimsical shrug.

NPEsqSB.png

「I say we go too then. Your blown up world or virtual whatever isn't really any of our business. We're only in here to see if this box has any info on our "multiple universe" situation, and clearly you know nothing. It's not even a "damsel in distress" situation since you haven't even told us if you want to be freed and can't even tell if doing that would be a good idea. Unless you've something else to tell us, we should all just log out. Or whatever we do to get out of here.」

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Donder172 @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @York @Space_Candy @Takumi @Lucky @Atomic Knight @Otto @Castle​

Nathan just looked down, avoiding Elliot's eyes.

He felt foolish, he panicked for nothing, as per usual he acted out, and now people know how much of a fucking freak he was. Not even miles into the sky could out-run the judgement he felt. He was still shaking, but he was pretending he was fine. He just wanted out of here.

@Atomic Knight @Anyone

“She’s from a different fucking universe than you, dumbass.” Grif said to Nathan in an annoyed tone.

@Space_Candy

“Have you been so busy being an edgy little fucklord that you haven’t even been paying attention? Even I’m not that oblivious to what’s been going on.”

@Space_Candy
"Different... universes." Catherine wasn't sure what to make of that, it seemed. "Of all the scenarios I've imagined, that wasn't quite up there. As for how my... friend became corrupted, I don't know. Perhaps a flaw in the program we could not have possibly anticipated. Maybe his mind broke down eventually. I can only assume it's a matter of time before I too become corrupted."

Elliot returned Nathan's look, but he felt the other boy was just wasting their time. With a sigh, he spoke to Catherine. "If you do not know anything about our situation, then it was a waste of time to come in here. We should just go."

Catherine clasped her hands together but otherwise seemed outwardly calm. "That is your choice. You found the ARK and you may do with it as you please. There is little I could do to stop you, for even if I attacked you in some manner, that would only ensure my destruction."

Upon Nathan's freak-out, Elliot turned to him again and shook his head. "He means that your home is probably fine, Nathan." Of course, Grif had to keep being the foolish sub-human he was by insulting Nathan further. "You sure talk big for the most useless among us. Funny you are obsessed with how 'edgy' others are, when you seem to to be nothing but soft dough under that armor."

"Oh, jeez, he's bringing out the fat jokes," James said, speaking quietly to the others.

「So basically you made a little gimmicky box to save your world's humanity, or something like that. But only in the equivalent of video game form.」

Kumagawa gave a whimsical shrug.

NPEsqSB.png

「I say we go too then. Your blown up world or virtual whatever isn't really any of our business. We're only in here to see if this box has any info on our "multiple universe" situation, and clearly you know nothing. It's not even a "damsel in distress" situation since you haven't even told us if you want to be freed and can't even tell if doing that would be a good idea. Unless you've something else to tell us, we should all just log out. Or whatever we do to get out of here.」

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Donder172 @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @York @Space_Candy @Takumi @Lucky @Atomic Knight @Otto @Castle​
Nathan just looked down, avoiding Elliot's eyes.

He felt foolish, he panicked for nothing, as per usual he acted out, and now people know how much of a fucking freak he was. Not even miles into the sky could out-run the judgement he felt. He was still shaking, but he was pretending he was fine. He just wanted out of here.

@Atomic Knight @Anyone
Emily Hayes
@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Donder172 @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @Takumi @Lucky @Kaykay @Otto
@Castle

Emily pinched the bridge of her nose as Elliot began to make jabs at Griff. She was almost certain it would devolve into another back and forth, like what had happened between him and Nathan. She on the other hand, tried her best to keep her attention on the subject of what they were going to do with the ARK.

SfPWUv8.png

"I think we should try to get you out of here. We have to save as much information as we can before it all gets corrupted." She said, though... She paused, apparently having realized that they would have to get out of this place first.

Though, that seemed to be something those that stayed behind had to take care of. Regardless, Kumagawa did bring up a point; they were here to figure out if there was any information on their present situation, jumping between Universes rather than being sent home like they had hoped each time.

"But... For now. Do you know if there's any information about... Traveling between Universes in here?" She asked.

They needed something else to talk about for now, pass the time until they can be retrieved... Or at least figure out a way to get out of the ARK on their own.​

Liara nodded. "This isn't really my expertise, but I do think that if we manage to get this data out we could at least manage to get something out of them." She pondered having a concerned look on her face for a moment before continuing. "I guess with this information we can head back, but I'm curious about what the others might have found."

@Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Raptor Jesus @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Donder172 @Siege @Raynar Saassin @Jeremi @CityGroup

"Then this has been a waste of time,"
Vader had listened on to the conversation with Catherine and the others. The information they had received was useless. "I believe that it is time for us to return to the real world."

Crossing her arms, Rin couldn’t believe she was agreeing with the ‘douchebags’ of the crew, AKA Elliot, Vader and a couple others, but she also knew they had to go home.
“What a waste of time! Look, I wish you all the best and all, Miss, but we really have to get home. Twice as well. Out of this illusion box and out of space!”
Thinking about how they would get out, Rin thought back from where they first began, and something was nagging her.
“Wait, So Gumi went another way, that look a bit more different. How big would you say this illusion-ist farce thingy is? Have you ever tried to investigate outside the forest, or did you spend 2 hundreds years here?”
She meant it was a question this time, not in a conscending tone.​
@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Donder172 @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @York @Space_Candy @Takumi @Lucky @Kaykay@Otto @MelodyMeister @Castle

"I suppose that... yes, I can be freed from the ARK, though I do not know how easy that would be," Catherine said. "The corruption will make it difficult, and my mind, as it is, may not take to being removed after so long. I couldn't say if it was a wise idea at all. I did create the ARK with the help of some colleagues, so I chiefly would know it best."
"If it is possible, it might be worth giving it a try." Mizelia said, having the feeling that perhaps the Federation might have something that could work.

"We're not going to do that." Mizelia said towards Elliot.

Liara nodded. "This isn't really my expertise, but I do think that if we manage to get this data out we could at least manage to get something out of them." She pondered having a concerned look on her face for a moment before continuing. "I guess with this information we can head back, but I'm curious about what the others might have found."
"Do we have any means of communication with the others? And how are we going to get out of this?" Meceliss asked Liara.

“Hey, now let’s not go throwing around insults we might regret later.” Grif said rather defensively when Elliot took it upon himself to comment on his weight.
"If it is possible, it might be worth giving it a try." Mizelia said, having the feeling that perhaps the Federation might have something that could work.

"We're not going to do that." Mizelia said towards Elliot.

"Do we have any means of communication with the others? And how are we going to get out of this?" Meceliss asked Liara.

“Who the fuck put you in charge?” Grif asked as Mizelia practically dismissed the only good idea that Elliot ever had: leaving this place.

“I for one agree with Captain Angst over here. Staying here is a fucking dumb idea.”

@Atomic Knight @Donder172

View attachment 2745
"How fascinating... Being able to see visible data is incredible. Back in my Universe, we have dungeons that look similar to what we are witnessing right here but to see actual data flows is an incredible sight to behold. But perhaps we should consider the possibility that this data could corrupt our systems if not handled correctly, sometimes corrupted data can cause a lot of trouble..." Green Heart exclaimed as she witnessed the distortion change into actual data flows. It was truly an incredible sight. "Hmm. Perhaps that would be the wise call. Although maybe install this data into a server not linked with the ship's core functions?" She suggested.​

Is that a good idea? What if the Blues use their corrupted data from this ARK thingy and hack the ships with it? Or worse, they turn everything blue! Oh, the horror!

"Hmm. I always found it strange how everything blue to you is an enemy. But that's from your Universe. Ahem. Perhaps we should continue moving onwards while we haven't been attacked yet. Perhaps if we're lucky, we can reunite with the other group and share what we know."​

"I don't see large number, just the one Sarge just killed," Starscream comments before the entire reality turned into a scape of repetitive words.

"Maybe others, including this Catherine person, are in here. I suppose we'll just extract their brains from here into a computer then."

"Have you experienced something similar to this, Starscream? Considering your... appearance, perhaps this would be somewhat in your expertise?" Green Heart asked, making a somewhat good suggestion. Perhaps Starscream might be able to assist with this data? Or perhaps it was just an assumption based on appearances.

"I am curious as well Liara. However something has crossed my mind about something." Green Heart exclaimed as she turned towards the entirety of the group. "If we have indeed in our hands here Corrupted Data, and that all of this area is a simulation, do you all not wonder two things? Why exactly have we not been attacked if some data is corrupted, and what's happening with our bodies outside of the simulation? Do you all not think for a moment that all of this could be some kind of trap?"

@Raptor Jesus @Crow @Donder172 @Ver @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Siege @Yun Lee @CityGroup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back