Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued from here.

Final Chapter
"Into the Maw"

When both groups reconvened at the clearing, Liara and James were both quick to recount to each other and the others what both encountered. What became clear was that this digital world called the ARK, was the last remains of a civilization and that Catherine Chun, the creator of the ARK, was the last survivor of that civilization, having stored her mind as a digital copy within the ARK. Years of degradation and corruption had eroded at the ARK, making the data within largely inaccessible.

"While it would seem this 'digital world' has no relevance to our situation of being lost between dimensions," Liara said, explaining to everyone how they would be proceeding, "it still contains data that would be valuable to recover. This was a civilization's last chance and it would be ethically irresponsible to ignore."

"Wonderful," Elliot said sarcastically. "Are the rest of us free to do as we please?"

Liara stared at him, but after a moment, she nodded. "... I will exit us from this place and begin working on how to extract both the data and the woman trapped within the ARK." Liara raised her hand, pulling up her omni-tool and tapping at it. Everyone felt a tingling sensation in their bodies before the world went dark.

Everyone awoke, back safe and sound on the Enterprise. Some felt a bit woozy from the transition back, or perhaps even a headache.

tumblr_inline_ngqq8ie_YOj1sk47ji.jpg

"I have no doubt in my mind that interacting with this machine has taken something of a mental toll on you, so in the meantime, you are free once again to mingle as you see fit within the Lounge; in the meantime, the captain and I shall check up on the status of the Discovery," Spock announced to the group, speaking ever so formally with his arms tucked behind his back.

"I will stay here with the ARK," Liara said, "and try to figure out how to proceed with it."

With the group was left to their own devices, Elliot waited in the lounge, thinking over the day's events. It was approaching twenty-four hours now since their arrival on this "adventure" with seemingly no end in sight. That was until Burnham messaged the group over the communicators they had been outfitted with.

"Discovery to the displaced, we have an update. We have compared the space coordinates between the three universes we have visited so far and have determined that they all share incredibly close coordinates. That has led us toward two similar theories: one, that the empty space we occupy shares these coordinates and that we have been exiting and entering at the same point, or two, that this empty space is not equivalent to the size of a universe and that it is much smaller. The second theory would suppose that this empty space, though small, connects to multiple points and the similar manner of our jumps has put us at the same coordinates across universes."

"Sorry if that sounds a little confusing," everyone heard Stamets say.

Burnham continued after a moment. "If the second theory holds true, it could be possible to map this space, or even possibly make use of our transporter technology. There is a range limit when it comes to beaming matter, but the size of a small pocket dimension could allow us to make use of it to cross into new dimensions, supposing we know the entry and exit points."

"A theory has to be tested, however," Stamets said, "and to do that we must attempt to make another jump. If we end up in a new universe, we must do what we can in that universe to determine our coordinates and compare them to the three sets we have already."

"But we won't be doing this right away. Everyone deserves some rest."

With that, Burnham cut the communication. Many of the crew were thankful for the break.

Not even thirty minutes into the break, Elliot awoke to the sounds of the Enterprise issuing a code red situation. Everyone heard Burnham speak once again. "This is the Discovery, we're doing an emergency transportation back to the ship!"

Everyone was beamed back to the bridge of the Discovery, where they could see they too were issuing a code red.

"Status report! What is the meaning of all this?" Saru questioned in the midst of the Discovery's bridge, to which a helmsman responded.

"We're reading unidentified entities burrowing through both the Discovery and the Enterprise!" He said in alarm, "For all we know, they could be the same entities who appeared at the beginning of all this."

Burnham was aghast. "If we are at the same coordinates as before... these creatures have been right here alive and floating in space!"

"We'll have to accelerate the intended jump time. We cannot risk another encounter with those creatures if so!" Saru said, his Kelpian ganglia standing up, able to sense the great danger in this immediate scenario, though his ganglia didn't exactly need to tip him off. Tapping into the commlink, he patched to Stamets's position. "Stamets, engage!"

As the world came to, everything went wrong all over again. The Discovery jolted and everyone was sent flying as the ship dipped harshly to the right. A horrid sound of metal grinding on metal could be heard. "What is happening?!" Burnham yelled, scrambling on her hands and feet.

Suddenly, the Enterprise bridge appeared on the screen of the Discovery's, with Kirk standing in the middle of it.

tumblr_inline_nk7r4i9dvh1t92dwi.jpg

"Enterprise to Discovery! I'm not entirely sure what just happened, but something -- an unidentified vessel -- rammed into us, veering us off-course and knocking us into you guys," he exclaimed, "As it stands, we must attempt an emergency landing on the nearest planet, to gather our bearings and to get away from whoever we're in the way of. I can see the planet coming into range, in fact."

"A sound maneuver, Captain. I will do the same with the Discovery," Saru responded, especially considering his ship was where the displaced group were now.

As the Discovery managed its descent down to the nearby planet, everyone on the bridge could see that it looked like no place they should be. It looked inhospitable and dangerous, but there was no choice in the matter.

JKkQFZK.jpg

"Everyone, hold on!" Burnham yelled as the ship entered the planet's atmosphere. Dust, rocks, and what seemed to be lightning lashed out at the ship.

"Shields at fifty percent!" declared the helmsman.

Breaking through a field of dust clouds, the crew could see the planet's surface below them. The Enterprise was nowhere to be seen, but the Normandy had landed on the planet's surface. "Captain, we have lost sight of the Enter--"

A lightning bolt slammed into the Discovery, shredding through the exterior and blowing a hole in the bridge. The crew ducked for cover, but many, including the displaced, were tossed out into the sky. The Discovery was forced to weave off course and it disappeared into the clouds, leaving those falling only the ground below to view as they slowly hurtled to a dead end.

It would only be thirty seconds until it was all over.

@ThatAverageGuy as Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo!)
@Jeremi as Darth Vader (Star Wars)
@Josh as Doctor Mrs. The Monarch (The Venture Brothers)
@York as Emily Hayes (Amulet)
@Gummi Bunnies as Flower (Vocaloid)
@Yun Lee as Gumi Megpoid and Gakupo Kamui (Vocaloid)
@Alex Azure as Kirby (Kirby)
@Siege as Krystal (Star Fox)
@dark as Maya Visari (Killzone)
@Donder172 as Meceliss and Mizelia (Star Wars OC)
@Takumi as Meiji Gahata and Stardust (Vocaloid)
@Kaykay as Misogi Kumagawa (Medaka Box)
@Space_Candy as Nathan Prescott (Life Is Strange)
@Lucky as Peter Quill (Marvel Comics)
@MelodyMeister as Rin Kagamine (Vocaloid)
@Archmage Jeremiah as Samus Aran (Metroid)
@Raptor Jesus as Sarge and Grif (Red vs. Blue)
@Crow as Starscream (Transformers)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Titus (Warhammer 40,000)
@Raynar Saassin as Vert (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
@Otto as Viktor and Blitzcrank (League of Legends)
@Minerva as Zero Two (Darling in the Franxx)​

Krystal stayed silent as she fell... this was it... the end was coming... she was way too high above the ground to make a safe landing... she was going to die.

"Fox... Marcus... I'm so sorry... I won't be coming home... this is it for me..." Krystal said. Then she remembered something... Fox had shown her how to use her rocket boots... did she have enough gas left in them for an emergency boost like she saw Fox do many times in Smash? She checked her fuel. Just enough to slow her down. The ground was coming up fast, it was now or never. With a hopeful prayer it would work, Krystal activated her rocket boots. She found it would, and soon landed safely on the ground. Where she was would be undetermined until others followed, however there was one bit of good news. She had survived. Now she could look up and see others falling. Only one she could see clearly from her area. Zero Two. Taking aim with her mind, she jumped in an attempt to catch Zero Two, and made a successful grab. She soon landed with Zero Two, both unharmed. "You ok Zero Two?" Krystal asked the Half-Human.

@Minerva @Atomic Knight @Ver @Raptor Jesus

Krystal stayed silent as she fell... this was it... the end was coming... she was way too high above the ground to make a safe landing... she was going to die.

"Fox... Marcus... I'm so sorry... I won't be coming home... this is it for me..." Krystal said. Then she remembered something... Fox had shown her how to use her rocket boots... did she have enough gas left in them for an emergency boost like she saw Fox do many times in Smash? She checked her fuel. Just enough to slow her down. The ground was coming up fast, it was now or never. With a hopeful prayer it would work, Krystal activated her rocket boots. She found it would, and soon landed safely on the ground. Where she was would be undetermined until others followed, however there was one bit of good news. She had survived. Now she could look up and see others falling. Only one she could see clearly from her area. Zero Two. Taking aim with her mind, she jumped in an attempt to catch Zero Two, and made a successful grab. She soon landed with Zero Two, both unharmed. "You ok Zero Two?" Krystal asked the Half-Human.

“OH COME ON!!! WHY’D YOU GRAB HER AND NOT ME?! I’M GONNA FUCKING DIE TOO!!!”

“Heh heh, not even the mutant fox wants to grab you, fatass!” Sarge exclaimed with a chuckle.

“What the fuck are you talking about?! She didn’t grab you either!!”

“...dammit.”

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Siege @Minerva

“Heh heh, not even the mutant fox wants to grab you, fatass!” Sarge exclaimed with a chuckle.

“...dammit.”

Oh... those two... well, she could only grab one of them... might as well make it painful for the other. Krystal threw a shock grenade under Grif. It wouldn't kill him, but by the time Grif would reach the ground, the grenade would explode and propel him enough where the landing would hurt like hell... but he wouldn't be dead.

Now for Sarge, Krystal jumped up...
And perfectly snagged the Red Leader out of the air. "Oh, and Grif's gonna live... I just made it painful for him. I'll save killing him for you, Sarge." Krystal said as she and Sarge landed safely... as for Grif... well...

BOOM.

@Raptor Jesus

tumblr_inline_p8mrc5NfhP1r79yns_100.jpg

❝ Oh... I'm falling. ❞ Flower didn't sound so distressed upon saying the obvious. Probably for the best, she appeared to have knocked off while falling. Guess she just happened to run out of power or that she force-shutdown her entire system in hopes that she wouldn't have to feel the impact.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee @Takumi @MelodyMeister @Siege @Minerva @Raptor Jesus
@ppl​

Oh... those two... well, she could only grab one of them... might as well make it painful for the other. Krystal threw a shock grenade under Grif. It wouldn't kill him, but by the time Grif would reach the ground, the grenade would explode and propel him enough where the landing would hurt like hell... but he wouldn't be dead.

And perfectly snagged the Red Leader out of the air. "Oh, and Grif's gonna live... I just made it painful for him. I'll save killing him for you, Sarge." Krystal said as she and Sarge landed safely... as for Grif... well...

BOOM.

@Raptor Jesus
“WHAT THE FUCK IS— FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU—!” Before Grif could even analyze what was thrown at him, he suddenly got the ever-living shit shocked the fuck out of him by that fox chick, causing him to spaz our mid-air.

Meanwhile, Sarge only laughed as he was caught in Krystal’s arms just like Zero Two was.

“Heh heh, excellent work with saving me and inflicting harm upon Grif, soldier! We’ll make a damn fine Red outta you yet!” Sarge excliamed.

@Siege @Atomic Knight @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva

“WHAT THE FUCK IS— FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU—!” Before Grif could even analyze what was thrown at him, he suddenly got the ever-living shit shocked the fuck out of him by that fox chick, causing him to spaz our mid-air.

Meanwhile, Sarge only laughed as he was caught in Krystal’s arms just like Zero Two was.

“Heh heh, excellent work with saving me and inflicting harm upon Grif, soldier! We’ll make a damn fine Red outta you yet!” Sarge excliamed.

Grif would soon land on the ground, still alive, but in immense pain. "Hehe... thanks Sarge, glad you approve." Krystal said.

@Raptor Jesus

“...dammit.”

BOOM.

@Raptor Jesus

Zero Two was startled at being grabbed. She eased into it and continued sucking on the lollipop. “I wonder if there’s a surviving ocean on this planet. It reminds me of home.” she wondered.

The matter was pretty simple for Elliot. He reached out, hands glowing until a stray thought caused him to pause. He looked over, his gaze finding Nathan in the mass of those falling to their deaths. Perhaps it was the pressure of the situation and the fact he was still feeling his earlier exhaustion now back in the real world, but Elliot had a feeling he hadn't felt in quite some time.

Elliot shot air out of hand, causing him to fly closer toward Nathan, where he grabbed the boy and held him close. "Do not move," he said, reaching out to open a portal below them. From there, they came out the other side next tot he ground, flying sideways instead of down. They slammed and skidded on the hard earth, but would be fine beyond a couple of bruises. Elliot sighed and got his feet. "You..." He looked down at Nathan. "... Whatever."

Perhaps he did it to make the boy owe him once again, but there were others more capable that Elliot could have saved for that purpose. Truthfully, he just didn't really know why he did it, but it didn't really matter. It was done now.

@Space_Candy

❝ Oh... I'm falling. ❞ Flower didn't sound so distressed upon saying the obvious. Probably for the best, she appeared to have knocked off while falling. Guess she just happened to run out of power or that she force-shutdown her entire system in hopes that she wouldn't have to feel the impact.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee @Takumi @MelodyMeister @Siege @Minerva @Raptor Jesus
@ppl​

"Oh, hold on guys, I see another one." Krystal said, jumping up to grab Flower. She noted her rocket boots were aiding her in the jump. She checked the gas again... it was full... why was it full? Oh well, save that for later. She soon landed with Flower, Flower also safe.

"Now then... what the hell happened to the Discovery and the Enterprise?" Krystal asked the people around her.

@Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Raptor Jesus

Nathan did as told, his face tucked into Elliot's chest as they fell. He wasn't really scared of hitting the ground, the death would be quick and painless, but he did appreciate Elliot's action.

He made a grunt as they made contact with the ground, twangs of pain shooting throughout his body.

"Uh, thank you..." he said, eyes a bit wide out of shock.

@Atomic Knight

So...this was it. This was how he was going to die. Crashing down and becoming nothing but scrap. Maybe if Gakupo was lucky, part of him would hit Elliot with enough force to kill him. Or at least give him a concussion, Gakupo wasn't picky.

"Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!" Gumi was having fun, though. Enough to forget she was trying to be more mature. This was fun!

@Anyone​

Nathan nodded at James, following Elliot's trail.

He felt vaguely drained and hoped to sleep or rest once they were back on the ship.

"I hope there's a sleeping...area, quarters?" he said, confused on the wording, Warren would know what to call this shit, he'd be loving the situation Nathan was tangled up in.

@Atomic Knight @Anyone
“How else did I manage to shut down? A couch is exactly the same as a bed, although if you were so tired, I didn’t see you sleep.”
She responded dryly to Nathan. Really, she wasn’t tired, but she wasn’t hyper either. Kindly thanking Catherine for the infomation, she ran to follow Elliot as well. If he could tear through sptime and space, they was no doubt he could tear through a illusion, right? As long as he doesn’t kill everyone in the illusion. Although hearing that woman’s statement, Rin knew mostly everyone but her was just a simulation, an NPC.
“The technology is simply amazing, putting an entire world into a box! I wonder how it works?”
@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Donder172 @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @Takumi @Lucky@Kaykay @Otto @MelodyMeister @York
@Castle
Nathan glared at the android.

"I just asked a fucking question," he said narrowing his eyes, and turning back to Elliot, trying to walk next to him.

@MelodyMeister @Atomic Knight @Others @Castle
She was in no mood to feel too angry, since she saw that Nathan wasn’t the nicest person from the infirmary, but she looked at him with a smirk and commented to herself. About what she really thought of Nathan.
“And you were the one to get mad about it, suddenly tossing the f-word in. Seriously, you’re like edgy-boy Elliot but without the power to back your temper...how pathetic.”
She was a bit more quieter than before on that last sentence, but considering that she was following Elliot with the others, she in pretty close quarters.
@Space_Candy @Atomic Knight
Nathan was in no mood to fight, but he did give a word in.

"Just because I don't have superhuman powers doesn't mean I can't kick your ass you sentient tin can," he hissed, turning away from her again.

"Can you fucking believe her?" He asked Elliot.

@Atomic Knight @MelodyMeister
"Wait, if you designed this world. Can you maybe bring us to the others?" Mizelia asked Catherine. It might be an idea that if Catherine created this world, maybe she can still manipulate it and perhaps them as well. Yet, it could be she had no power here.
“Y-you don’t know that.” Grif replied back as he followed behind Elliot, wanting to get the hell out of here as soon as possible.

@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy
"Ignore her," Elliot said to Nathan. "She is simply metal pretending at being human. She does not even have the decency to be useful to us. You are right in that you could probably take her." He shot a sideways glance at Rin.

Catherine shook her head at Mizelia's question. "It was not meant for me to be a god of this world. Elements of it can be changed and manipulated from both outside and within, but the corruption has destroyed the means which I could do it from within here. I am sorry."

"Let's just go back to the clearing," James said, moving to leave with the others.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Donder172 @Raptor Jesus @Alex Azure @York @Space_Candy @Takumi @Lucky @Kaykay @Otto @MelodyMeister @Castle
"That's enough, all of you." Gakupo really wished Rin hadn't gone and agitated Nathan, and he also with both Nathan and Elliot hadn't made those insulting remarks about being machines. Yes, that was true, they were literally robots attempting humanity, but those two used it as a way to belittle them.

"Sorry to have bothered you, Miss Chun. We'll leave you to your paradise now." Gakupo bowed. "Believe me, even corrupted it's better than what's outside." With that, Gakupo turned on his heel and stormed off without another word to anyone. He was officially through with this trip, and everyone in this little group. He was getting home no matter what the cost, and turning his back on multiversal affairs for good the second he did.

@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @MelodyMeister @Everyone

---

Gakupo wasn't the only one who wasn't having a good time. Gumi had been very quiet, attempting to process what she had observed. She hadn't really made many friends here, had she? No, she had talked a lot so she only really knew people from home. So...if she got corrupted, too, would they put her down like a dog? No one even cared about the man as a man, but as information. Is that how they saw her, too? Her friends? Her brother? No...Gakupo had friends. He was nice and charismatic and stuff.

...maybe if she was as charismatic...

"Uh..." Oh, time to go. Gumi gulped, running through observations of her brother in her mind. "Yes, we should get back," she said, with a cool smile and lower-pitched voice. "I'm sure that...returning to the ship will allow us to investigate these files."

@Ver @Everyone​
Meiji scowled, finding both boy's comments to have rubbed even her the wrong way. She almost said something, but Gakupo had done it first. Although his words were short and simple compared to the scolding she had planned for both males, and Rin too.

"Rin, just stick with me and don't say anything else to them." she sighed, simply crossing her arms and walked with the rest to the dumb clearing and deciding to drop the whole thing.

Stardust's usual smile turned into a more concerned look towards Gakupo as he walked off before deciding to follow him without a word.

@Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @Donder172 @Raptor Jesus @MelodyMeister @Jeremi @Everyone
"Then we will have to walk our way to the others. And don't worry, I will see what I can do to help." Mizelia said to Catherine, offering her a reassuring smile before joining the others.
Continued from here.

Final Chapter
"Into the Maw"

When both groups reconvened at the clearing, Liara and James were both quick to recount to each other and the others what both encountered. What became clear was that this digital world called the ARK, was the last remains of a civilization and that Catherine Chun, the creator of the ARK, was the last survivor of that civilization, having stored her mind as a digital copy within the ARK. Years of degradation and corruption had eroded at the ARK, making the data within largely inaccessible.

"While it would seem this 'digital world' has no relevance to our situation of being lost between dimensions," Liara said, explaining to everyone how they would be proceeding, "it still contains data that would be valuable to recover. This was a civilization's last chance and it would be ethically irresponsible to ignore."

"Wonderful," Elliot said sarcastically. "Are the rest of us free to do as we please?"

Liara stared at him, but after a moment, she nodded. "... I will exit us from this place and begin working on how to extract both the data and the woman trapped within the ARK." Liara raised her hand, pulling up her omni-tool and tapping at it. Everyone felt a tingling sensation in their bodies before the world went dark.

Everyone awoke, back safe and sound on the Enterprise. Some felt a bit woozy from the transition back, or perhaps even a headache.

tumblr_inline_ngqq8ie_YOj1sk47ji.jpg

"I have no doubt in my mind that interacting with this machine has taken something of a mental toll on you, so in the meantime, you are free once again to mingle as you see fit within the Lounge; in the meantime, the captain and I shall check up on the status of the Discovery," Spock announced to the group, speaking ever so formally with his arms tucked behind his back.

"I will stay here with the ARK," Liara said, "and try to figure out how to proceed with it."

With the group was left to their own devices, Elliot waited in the lounge, thinking over the day's events. It was approaching twenty-four hours now since their arrival on this "adventure" with seemingly no end in sight. That was until Burnham messaged the group over the communicators they had been outfitted with.

"Discovery to the displaced, we have an update. We have compared the space coordinates between the three universes we have visited so far and have determined that they all share incredibly close coordinates. That has led us toward two similar theories: one, that the empty space we occupy shares these coordinates and that we have been exiting and entering at the same point, or two, that this empty space is not equivalent to the size of a universe and that it is much smaller. The second theory would suppose that this empty space, though small, connects to multiple points and the similar manner of our jumps has put us at the same coordinates across universes."

"Sorry if that sounds a little confusing," everyone heard Stamets say.

Burnham continued after a moment. "If the second theory holds true, it could be possible to map this space, or even possibly make use of our transporter technology. There is a range limit when it comes to beaming matter, but the size of a small pocket dimension could allow us to make use of it to cross into new dimensions, supposing we know the entry and exit points."

"A theory has to be tested, however," Stamets said, "and to do that we must attempt to make another jump. If we end up in a new universe, we must do what we can in that universe to determine our coordinates and compare them to the three sets we have already."

"But we won't be doing this right away. Everyone deserves some rest."

With that, Burnham cut the communication. Many of the crew were thankful for the break.

Not even thirty minutes into the break, Elliot awoke to the sounds of the Enterprise issuing a code red situation. Everyone heard Burnham speak once again. "This is the Discovery, we're doing an emergency transportation back to the ship!"

Everyone was beamed back to the bridge of the Discovery, where they could see they too were issuing a code red.

"Status report! What is the meaning of all this?" Saru questioned in the midst of the Discovery's bridge, to which a helmsman responded.

"We're reading unidentified entities burrowing through both the Discovery and the Enterprise!" He said in alarm, "For all we know, they could be the same entities who appeared at the beginning of all this."

Burnham was aghast. "If we are at the same coordinates as before... these creatures have been right here alive and floating in space!"

"We'll have to accelerate the intended jump time. We cannot risk another encounter with those creatures if so!" Saru said, his Kelpian ganglia standing up, able to sense the great danger in this immediate scenario, though his ganglia didn't exactly need to tip him off. Tapping into the commlink, he patched to Stamets's position. "Stamets, engage!"

As the world came to, everything went wrong all over again. The Discovery jolted and everyone was sent flying as the ship dipped harshly to the right. A horrid sound of metal grinding on metal could be heard. "What is happening?!" Burnham yelled, scrambling on her hands and feet.

Suddenly, the Enterprise bridge appeared on the screen of the Discovery's, with Kirk standing in the middle of it.

tumblr_inline_nk7r4i9dvh1t92dwi.jpg

"Enterprise to Discovery! I'm not entirely sure what just happened, but something -- an unidentified vessel -- rammed into us, veering us off-course and knocking us into you guys," he exclaimed, "As it stands, we must attempt an emergency landing on the nearest planet, to gather our bearings and to get away from whoever we're in the way of. I can see the planet coming into range, in fact."

"A sound maneuver, Captain. I will do the same with the Discovery," Saru responded, especially considering his ship was where the displaced group were now.

As the Discovery managed its descent down to the nearby planet, everyone on the bridge could see that it looked like no place they should be. It looked inhospitable and dangerous, but there was no choice in the matter.

JKkQFZK.jpg

"Everyone, hold on!" Burnham yelled as the ship entered the planet's atmosphere. Dust, rocks, and what seemed to be lightning lashed out at the ship.

"Shields at fifty percent!" declared the helmsman.

Breaking through a field of dust clouds, the crew could see the planet's surface below them. The Enterprise was nowhere to be seen, but the Normandy had landed on the planet's surface. "Captain, we have lost sight of the Enter--"

A lightning bolt slammed into the Discovery, shredding through the exterior and blowing a hole in the bridge. The crew ducked for cover, but many, including the displaced, were tossed out into the sky. The Discovery was forced to weave off course and it disappeared into the clouds, leaving those falling only the ground below to view as they slowly hurtled to a dead end.

It would only be thirty seconds until it was all over.

@ThatAverageGuy as Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo!)
@Jeremi as Darth Vader (Star Wars)
@Josh as Doctor Mrs. The Monarch (The Venture Brothers)
@York as Emily Hayes (Amulet)
@Gummi Bunnies as Flower (Vocaloid)
@Yun Lee as Gumi Megpoid and Gakupo Kamui (Vocaloid)
@Alex Azure as Kirby (Kirby)
@Siege as Krystal (Star Fox)
@dark as Maya Visari (Killzone)
@Donder172 as Meceliss and Mizelia (Star Wars OC)
@Takumi as Meiji Gahata and Stardust (Vocaloid)
@Kaykay as Misogi Kumagawa (Medaka Box)
@Space_Candy as Nathan Prescott (Life Is Strange)
@Lucky as Peter Quill (Marvel Comics)
@MelodyMeister as Rin Kagamine (Vocaloid)
@Archmage Jeremiah as Samus Aran (Metroid)
@Raptor Jesus as Sarge and Grif (Red vs. Blue)
@Crow as Starscream (Transformers)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Titus (Warhammer 40,000)
@Raynar Saassin as Vert (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
@Otto as Viktor and Blitzcrank (League of Legends)
@Minerva as Zero Two (Darling in the Franxx)​
bringing Zero Two back. I'll say she was unconscious.

Another thing that got forgotten was the fact that against all probability, Zero Two had been thrown from unconsciousness and into free fall several miles above the surface of an alien planet. And since this is not a naturally tenable position for a Half-Human, this poor, innocent creature had very little time to come to terms with the fact that she was now conscious before she then had to come to terms with not being conscious anymore.

This is a complete record of her thoughts from the moment she awoke till the moment she wouldn't be awake anymore.

"Hmm? What's this? Am I falling?" She thought

"I seem to be falling at a very fast rate. I can feel the wind on my face and the ground appears to be coming up at a very fast rate." She popped a lollipop into her mouth.

BJdC6Y2.png

She would have time to think it over.

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Anyone @Hitchhiker's Guide Reference ahoy/
OHSHITOSHITOHSHITOHSHITOHSHITOH—“

“Grif! Remember, your body can act as a cushion for my fall, and the fat on your body can act as a soft mattress for me to land on!”
Sarge exclaimed as he fell alongside Grif, the latter snapping his head to Sarge’s direction after that statement.

“What?! Are you fucking crazy?! That’ll definitely kill me!!”

“Yes, that’s exactly my point! You’ll die, and I’ll come out alive with minor injuries! It’s a win win!”

“Goddammit won’t someone please help me before I hit the ground?! God?! Buddha?! Fucking Donut?! SOMEONE PLEASE JUST HELP ME I DON’T WANT TO FUCKING DIE!!!”

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Minerva

“...dammit.”

BOOM.

@Raptor Jesus

@ppl​

Grif would soon land on the ground, still alive, but in immense pain. "Hehe... thanks Sarge, glad you approve." Krystal said.

@Raptor Jesus
Zero Two was startled at being grabbed. She eased into it and continued sucking on the lollipop. “I wonder if there’s a surviving ocean on this planet. It reminds me of home.” she wondered.
The matter was pretty simple for Elliot. He reached out, hands glowing until a stray thought caused him to pause. He looked over, his gaze finding Nathan in the mass of those falling to their deaths. Perhaps it was the pressure of the situation and the fact he was still feeling his earlier exhaustion now back in the real world, but Elliot had a feeling he hadn't felt in quite some time.

Elliot shot air out of hand, causing him to fly closer toward Nathan, where he grabbed the boy and held him close. "Do not move," he said, reaching out to open a portal below them. From there, they came out the other side next tot he ground, flying sideways instead of down. They slammed and skidded on the hard earth, but would be fine beyond a couple of bruises. Elliot sighed and got his feet. "You..." He looked down at Nathan. "... Whatever."

Perhaps he did it to make the boy owe him once again, but there were others more capable that Elliot could have saved for that purpose. Truthfully, he just didn't really know why he did it, but it didn't really matter. It was done now.

@Space_Candy
"Home?" Krystal asked Zero Two.

@Minerva
"Oh, hold on guys, I see another one." Krystal said, jumping up to grab Flower. She noted her rocket boots were aiding her in the jump. She checked the gas again... it was full... why was it full? Oh well, save that for later. She soon landed with Flower, Flower also safe.

"Now then... what the hell happened to the Discovery and the Enterprise?" Krystal asked the people around her.

Zero Two smiled and nodded.

Kov5w2Y_d.jpg

Mmm. It’s where my Darling is. Plantation 13.” She continued sucking on the piece of candy.

It’s beautiful, except for the Klaxosaurs.
Nathan did as told, his face tucked into Elliot's chest as they fell. He wasn't really scared of hitting the ground, the death would be quick and painless, but he did appreciate Elliot's action.

He made a grunt as they made contact with the ground, twangs of pain shooting throughout his body.

@Atomic Knight

@Atomic Knight
So...this was it. This was how he was going to die. Crashing down and becoming nothing but scrap. Maybe if Gakupo was lucky, part of him would hit Elliot with enough force to kill him. Or at least give him a concussion, Gakupo wasn't picky.

"Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!" Gumi was having fun, though. Enough to forget she was trying to be more mature. This was fun!

@Anyone​
Emily Hayes
@Everyone!

Emily had quietly sat down next to Elliot in the lounge, also reminiscing on the day's events... So deep in thought that she hadn't uttered a single word, though she did pay close attention to the talk through their commucators they had just received, about the nature of their travel through various Universes, and how they may get home.

Though, due to having an opportunity for a break, Emily ended up grabbing a quick bite to eat from the Cafeteria, and had been on her way back to Elliot. She had only approached him long enough to notice he had been sleeping before a sudden emergency situation was declared, and they were beamed back to the ship. As she was quickly brought to speed on what was happening, she stood ready, preparing to use her stone if neccessary as they made a jump.

And then... Everything went dark.

When she regained her senses Emily, along with who knows how many others were suddenly flung into the air by a lightning bolt that tore a hole through the bridge. She had just enough time to notice that some had their own means of making it down, including Nathan, and Elliot, but others were going to plummet to their doom. Emily didn't waste any time, concentrating with all the effort she could muster.

0n291I2.png

Tendrils of bright pink light shot out as she attempted to pull as many people still freefalling in the air as she could towards her, including Gakupo, Gumi, Flower, Stardust... And whoever/whatever else she could, before she gritted her teeth, attempting to form a bubble shield around those close enough to her, in a desperate attempt to protect them from the fall.

She didn't have the time, nor focus to ensure every single person falling from the Discovery were able to be protected by her stone magic... But she fully intended to save as many as she possibly could, regardless of how much this wore her out.​

Peter Quill

Quill having fallen through space more times then he would like to admit, activated his rocket boots to make a smooth landing. If he was successful in this, he would look over at Gakupo and Gumi. " You guys want some help landing safely?" He asked, hoping to get Gakupo and Gumi close enough to land safely with him.

@Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Everyone

“Hold on...” Sarge said as he attempted to contact the crew over his communicator.

“Hello! Hello! Do you read me? This is Sarge from Red Team! Does anyone on either the Discovery or the Enterprise read me?!” Sarge shouted over his communicator, hoping to get a signal.

Meanwhile, Grif quietly groaned in pain off to the side, his face buried into the ground as he did so.

@Atomic Knight @York @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Space_Candy @Minerva @Whoever​

Rin fell out of the ship, but didn’t say a sound. She just free-fell and closed her eyes with a shocked expression. So this was it, huh? Maybe she could shut down so she won’t have to witness her last moments of all her parts flying out? No. She wasn’t a coward. Expecting this to be the end, she was scared but...

Then she felt something, and when she opened her eyes, she noticed Emily was pulling her closer along with some others. And then a bubble shield starting to form around them. So now that she knew she knew that she had a fighting chance to survive. She crossed her fingers and hoped that Emily’s shield was strong enough.
@Atomic Knight @York

du2S5mG.gif

SHOOOOOOOOM

Titus was like a thunderbolt in his own right.

The space marine was as heavy as one might expect, but he made no expense in facing his death with dignity. Or so, that's what the others would think - the daring captain had a plan in mind that did not involve meeting the Emperor at the end of this freefall.

He did not come this far, and question his own beliefs so many times just to die. Fate would not slay the Ultramarine now, for he is not done yet.

Hurling past the rest of the group, weaving in and out of the brewing storms and chaos that festered above the world, Titus looked back to the rest of the group and roared with a rallying shout that would make the storms and the prospect of death itself cower in fear. He triumphantly raised his chainsword in the air, clutching it with the force of a hundred men.

View attachment 2746

"HOLD FAST, COMRADES! DEATH DOES NOT MEET US AT THE END OF THIS FALL! SERGEANT, ORDER ANY SHIP TO MEET US AT THE SURFACE OF THIS WORLD!"

"BRACE FOR IMPACT!"

Titus fearlessly cocked his fist back, spiraling in the air stylishly and preparing for some kind of earth-shattering superhero landing.

@Atomic Knight @York @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Space_Candy @Minerva @Raptor Jesus @Whoever​

Starscream decided to stay close to Emily for protection against the great impacts.

"I shall become one with the AllSpark... eventually, that is," Starscream spoke as he transformed into his jet mode in an effort to lay low.

@Atomic Knight @York

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back