Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well, look at you!" Cu had taken his usual form now, walking alongside Riesbyfe and Little My with Gae Bolg slung over his shoulder. "You seem to make friends wherever you go, huh?"

Though on the topic of monsters, he shrugged. "Can't say I mind the peace and quiet," he said. "After that battle back in the British lady's backyard, it's nice to have less noise than before."

“Who’re you?” Little My bluntly spoke to Cu, “Why haven’t I seen you before now?”

Cu startled her, but she doesn’t want to admit that to Ries.

"It is odd that we haven't seen no creatures after heading outside the walls." Wanda nodded in agreement. "Everyone in the city seemed to imply it was a real epidemi-oh." Wanda pointed ahead to something lying by the side of the road. Getting closer they found it to be a pile of corpses of different types of animals, some vicious-looking, others not so much. If Wanda hadn't spotted them the smell of rotting flesh would have informed them of it one way or another.

"This doesn't seem like something the guards would do," Wanda had been part of a lot of things back in her universe but smells like this were hard to get used to. "Stay on your guard. Whoever left this did so as a warning."

@Jeremi @Ver @amwexia @Lucky @Checkpoint

“Hmm... could this be some sort of pest control?” Little My spoke, “I think Snork mentioned something about making a vermin killer. He called it... uh... pesticide? His house was flooded with mice when he woke up this spring. We all spent a whole day chasing those mice out! It really was good times.”

@Ver @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lucky @Checkpoint

"Thing is, these aren't just pests," Jude said absentmindedly, examining the monster corpses. He grimaced in disgust. "... Hunters probably wouldn't leave the corpses out like this. People could get sick or infected. Whatever the case, we probably should clean them up ourselves, just for the sake of helping anyone else who might come this way."

"Please, time is of the essence," Milla said curtly. "I understand your concerns, but it is not the monsters that have me worried."

@Jeremi @Donder172 @Takumi @Ottonomous Ghost @Crunch @Forest

Last edited:
"You can call me Lancer, kid!" Cu said brightly. He opened his mouth to shoot the breeze a bit more, but grimaced at the sight before them. "If you need someone to handle cleanup, I can do the dirty work while you all go on ahead. Might take a bit of time, though...if you can all handle being without my company for a bit."

@Jeremi @Ver @amwexia @Atomic Knight @Lucky

---

Jack cracked his knuckles. "We can handle it," he assured. "But we got a mission to finish, here."

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Takumi @Donder172 @Ottonomous Ghost @Crunch

"You can call me Lancer, kid!" Cu said brightly. He opened his mouth to shoot the breeze a bit more, but grimaced at the sight before them. "If you need someone to handle cleanup, I can do the dirty work while you all go on ahead. Might take a bit of time, though...if you can all handle being without my company for a bit."

@Jeremi @Ver @amwexia @Atomic Knight @Lucky

---

Jack cracked his knuckles. "We can handle it," he assured. "But we got a mission to finish, here."

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Takumi @Donder172 @Ottonomous Ghost @Crunch

“Lancer? That’s a cool name,” Little My said, “I’m Little My!”

"Thing is, these aren't just pests," Jude said absentmindedly, examining the monster corpses. His grimaced in disgust. "... Hunters probably wouldn't leave the corpses out like this. People could get sick or infected. Whatever the case, we probably should clean them up ourselves, just for the sake of helping anyone else who might come this way."

"Please, time is of the essence," Milla said curtly. "I understand your concerns, but it is not the monsters that have me worried."

Little My stood up and placed her hands on her hips. “Well, what are we waiting for? Let’s clean these things up!”

@Ver @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Lucky @Checkpoint

❝ ... ugh, what a deliberate mess. Some way to show off all the monsters they've killed. ❞ Lapis expressed pure disgust as she saw the corpse pile. She's dealt with unpleasant things but it's been some time since she's run into scenes like this. Says a lot about who could be lingering around here still.

❝ Alright, if we're going to clean this up, where do we even dump... all of this? ❞

@Ver @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Lucky @amwexia
@Checkpoint

Billy Batson/ Shazam

" I could use some of my electric powers to fry the corpses a bit... though that might also cause a fire which would need to be put out." Billy would pause for a beat, take a deep breath. " I can attempt to access powers given to me by a man who wanted to make me a killer. One of those powers granted me powerful controlled fire abillties so I could burn the corpses..... though.... I fear that might not leave me in the same mental state afterwards."

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @amwexia @Gummi Bunnies @Checkpoint

"Thing is, these aren't just pests," Jude said absentmindedly, examining the monster corpses. He grimaced in disgust. "... Hunters probably wouldn't leave the corpses out like this. People could get sick or infected. Whatever the case, we probably should clean them up ourselves, just for the sake of helping anyone else who might come this way."

Wanda nodded to what everyone was saying. "Yes, I think that would be for the best." Her hands glowed a soft crimson as she made her way towards the pile. "Stand back, I'll try to get rid of them with my ma-" An explosion echoed through the area as the corpse pile erupted in a fiery inferno the ensuing shockwave sent Wanda and anyone else who had stood close to the pile to be pushed backward by the force.

All around the group figures materialized like magic. It didn't take long to realize that they were Revanchist troops. "It's always amusing to see how predictable humans will be." A cloaked figure emerged in the middle of the soldiers and he seemed to be the leader.

"Don't fret. You'll form a new pile soon enough."

As the group conversed and traveled they could see the forest coming into view in front of them. On Raven on instinct turned around. "Well, that can't be good." If anyone else turned around they'd see a giant dust cloud coming up behind them.

"Friends of yours?" Bayonetta asked Raven as she pulled her guns.

"Lady, do I look like someone with a lot of friends?"

"Point taken."

The cause of the cloud came quickly into view as a group of imperial knights riding horses descended on them. A young man with blond hair rode forth to address the group.

"Are you the guild they call Fighters of the Spirit? I am Flynn Scifo of the Imperial Knights of Zaphias and I'll be taking you in for questioning."​

@Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @York @Alex Azure @Crow @Sark

"Oh great, looks like we didn't miss out on the fun." Cu readied his spear, eyes on the troops. "What do you say, Miss Red Magus? Let them make the first move or don't give 'em the chance to attack at all?"

@Jeremi @Ver @Atomic Knight @amwexia @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies

---

"Fighters of the what now?" Though unseen through his bushy hair, Jack raised his eyebrows. "Son, I ain't got a darned clue what you're goin' on about. We're just passin' through. Don't want no trouble."

@Jeremi @Takumi @Ottonomous Ghost @Donder172 @Crunch

"W-Woah!!"

Jude went flying from the explosion, landing in a heap next to Wanda. He groaned as he sat up, eyeing the new threat before them. He recognized Exodus soldiers among the troops, indicating that this was definitely the Revanchist. "Guys, be careful!" he cried. "These are Revan's soldiers!"

He knelt down next to Wanda and began to apply healing magic to her wounds. He know how tough she was, but she had definitely taken the brunt of the blast.

@Lucky @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @amwexia @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch @Checkpoint

Milla sighed and crossed her arms. "Questioning for what exactly?" she asked the soldier. They had no time for matters such as these. She knew passing themselves off as some fake guild was probably just going to get them into trouble.

She looked to Raven. "I sincerely hope you are not some kind of criminal."

@Jeremi @Donder172 @Takumi @Ottonomous Ghost @Yun Lee @Forest

Last edited:
Wanda nodded to what everyone was saying. "Yes, I think that would be for the best." Her hands glowed a soft crimson as she made her way towards the pile. "Stand back, I'll try to get rid of them with my ma-" An explosion echoed through the area as the corpse pile erupted in a fiery inferno the ensuing shockwave sent Wanda and anyone else who had stood close to the pile to be pushed backward by the force.

All around the group figures materialized like magic. It didn't take long to realize that they were Revanchist troops. "It's always amusing to see how predictable humans will be." A cloaked figure emerged in the middle of the soldiers and he seemed to be the leader.

As the group conversed and traveled they could see the forest coming into view in front of them. On Raven on instinct turned around. "Well, that can't be good." If anyone else turned around they'd see a giant dust cloud coming up behind them.

"Point taken."

The cause of the cloud came quickly into view as a group of imperial knights riding horses descended on them. A young man with blond hair rode forth to address the group.

"Are you the guild they call Fighters of the Spirit? I am Flynn Scifo of the Imperial Knights of Zaphias and I'll be taking you in for questioning."​

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

The air split like butter.

Several thick bolter shells hurtled past the Fighters, summoning a chorus of explosive force as they slammed into several Revanchist soldiers and detonated. Their bodies, hardened as they may be, would be blown apart by the power of the explosive practically interrupting their leader's dramatic entrance with the wet thump of their mangled corpses hitting the ground.

A familiar hulking mass of cerulean power armor suddenly came charging out of the woods like a blue cannonball, his free hand wrapping around the trigger-hilt of a sheathed chainsword clipped to his hip. Titus' ripped the blade free from it's sheathe and gouged out the abdomen of a nearby Revanchist trooper with a swift and lethal slash, crimson liquid staining the ground beneath them as the hungering chainsaw teeth gnawed into supple flesh.

The Ultramarine tore the chainsword out of the mangled body, letting it hit the ground like a soaked towel. A slight grimace crossed his face when he looked out at the brief massacre he'd inflicted. These were first full-blooded soldiers that the former Captain has seen and killed in quite some time - not nearly as numerous or expendable as those machines he'd encountered on Asgard.

The killing was never an issue for the Emperor's Angels of Death, for death was the only outcome available to those who challenge them. The massacre was all that they knew how to do.

But... these couldn't have been the most elite among Revan's forces, else Titus would have least received returning fire from those that he'd taken out, which meant they must be grossly incompetent... or they were the equivalent of recruits.

Titus turned to the golden-haired leader of the Revanchist force, blood now staining his steely face.

"Accept the Emperor's mercy, and we will make this quick for the rest of you. I've had enough of Revan's games."

[URL='https://www.storytellerscircle.com/members/2449/']@Lucky @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @amwexia @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight @Checkpoint[/URL]​

"Point taken."

"Oh great, looks like we didn't miss out on the fun." Cu readied his spear, eyes on the troops. "What do you say, Miss Red Magus? Let them make the first move or don't give 'em the chance to attack at all?"

---

"Fighters of the what now?" Though unseen through his bushy hair, Jack raised his eyebrows. "Son, I ain't got a darned clue what you're goin' on about. We're just passin' through. Don't want no trouble."

"W-Woah!!"

Jude went flying from the explosion, landing in a heap next to Wanda. He groaned as he sat up, eyeing the new threat before them. He recognized Exodus soldiers among the troops, indicating that this was definitely the Revanchist. "Guys, be careful!" he cried. "These are Revan's soldiers!"

He knelt down next to Wanda and began to apply healing magic to her wounds. He know how tough she was, but she had definitely taken the brunt of the blast.

Milla sighed and crossed her arms. "Questioning for what exactly?" she asked the soldier. They had no time for matters such as these. She knew passing themselves off as some fake guild was probably just going to get them into trouble.

927444e04ddf33a10f3f1850b46939ee47811dd7.jpg

"We're just passing through, what did we do to need to be taken in for questioning?" Chise asked. She didn't like this aft all, but then again it seemed to be just their luck that this happened right when they reached the forest, didn't it?

@Jeremi @Ver @Yun Lee @Others @Forest

"They're... They're the villains, dear. That's why you were conscripted, right...?" Riesbyfe whispered to Little My, pursing her lips slightly before deciding to pick her up and tuck her underneath her coat, if only to keep her safe. "Just be sure to stay there."

She winced at the brutality of Titus's outburst toward the enemies that had appeared before them, even covering Little My's line of sight with her hand for a brief moment as though not even wanting her to see, but said nothing. This was war, and as a knight, it was her duty to do what had to be done to win. Grimacing, she gave the blonde man a glower as she readied her massive shield Gamaliel.

Ries12.png

"Stay together. Don't engage alone," she said to everyone, as though taking charge in place of Wanda while Jude tended to her wounds. "We're in this together. A symphony is more than just a one-man act."

To the blonde man, the silver-haired maiden gave a pointed glare. "My name is Riesbyfe Stridberg. Though I was once a Holy Knight, I have vowed to protect the sanctity of life in whatever world this life leads me to. Before we begin, allow me to know your name so I may know my enemy, servant of Revan."

She knew there was no reasoning with this man or his lackeys. Both factions had something they had to do. Both factions were in each other's way. That's all there is to this exchange, so all she could do is get this exchange over with.

@Jeremi @Crunch @Atomic Knight @amwexia @Yun Lee @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Checkpoint

"They're... They're the villains, dear. That's why you were conscripted, right...?" Riesbyfe whispered to Little My, pursing her lips slightly before deciding to pick her up and tuck her underneath her coat, if only to keep her safe. "Just be sure to stay there."

She winced at the brutality of Titus's outburst toward the enemies that had appeared before them, even covering Little My's line of sight with her hand for a brief moment as though not even wanting her to see, but said nothing. This was war, and as a knight, it was her duty to do what had to be done to win. Grimacing, she gave the blonde man a glower as she readied her massive shield Gamaliel.

Ries12.png

"Stay together. Don't engage alone," she said to everyone, as though taking charge in place of Wanda while Jude tended to her wounds. "We're in this together. A symphony is more than just a one-man act."

To the blonde man, the silver-haired maiden gave a pointed glare. "My name is Riesbyfe Stridberg. Though I was once a Holy Knight, I have vowed to protect the sanctity of life in whatever world this life leads me to. Before we begin, allow me to know your name so I may know my enemy, servant of Revan."

She knew there was no reasoning with this man or his lackeys. Both factions had something they had to do. Both factions were in each other's way. That's all there is to this exchange, so all she could do is get this exchange over with.

@Jeremi @Crunch @Atomic Knight @amwexia @Yun Lee @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Checkpoint

Little My hates being babied, she really does. But something in her mind tells her she cannot face these guys.

She usually ignores these thoughts, because she likes a thrill, but something about Mr. Cloak Guy made her know that she was severely outmatched.

Probably because his ankles are completely covered in armor.

“Just this once, Ries,” Little My muttered under her breath “Next time, if you do this again, I’ll bite you and call you Roast Beef...”

Except, that’s probably not gonna happen if this happens again, Little My is actually enjoying this because she likes Ries. She really does.

Little My glares daggers into Mr. Cloak Guy.

@Ver @Jeremi @Crunch @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Checkpoint

Billy Batson/ Shazam

" Ries, I understand what you are trying to do- but there is no reasoning with men like him. He clearly has plans to make us a dead corpse pile. Knowing his name won't change the fact. I do agree though. Nothing can be done alone in life."
He would take a moment, but started to hover. He was debating powering to what the mad man gave him- but he wasn't about to say that.

@Ver @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Crunch @Gummi Bunnies @amwexia @Checkpoint

827qszg.jpg

❝ ... what a surprise. Hook, line, and sinker. Who would've guessed? ❞ Lapis groaned once the Revanchist forces revealed themselves. It was pretty obvious that they wanted to get rid of them on the spot, so she could only respond to that notion with an appropriate answer.

❝ I don't plan to be made into a mess on the floor, thank you very much. I'd prefer it if you were the ones taking the beating, though. Just saying. ❞ The Witch of Miracles raised her prosthetic left arm, already gathering magical energy at her palm.

@Ver @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Crunch @Lucky @amwexia
@Checkpoint

---

"W-Woah!!"

Raven just shrugged at Milla. "Hey don't look at me. It's your guild they're looking after." As Raven spoke Flynn's and his eyes met for the briefest of moments.

"Be that as it may, you will be taken into questioning as well. One of you assaulted one of the guards and he has the bite marks to verify it, the other part was loitering and otherwise suspicious activity."

"And if we refuse?" Bayonetta asked obviously knowing what was to come.

"Then we'll have to take you by force, an option I don't wish to take nor do you." Flynn looked over the group with serious eyes. "So what will it be?"

Wanda's bell had been properly run as Jude went to look over her. "Too...careless..." She managed to mumble out as the fighting erupted around them.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Several thick bolter shells hurtled past the Fighters, summoning a chorus of explosive force as they slammed into several Revanchist soldiers and detonated. Their bodies, hardened as they may be, would be blown apart by the power of the explosive practically interrupting their leader's dramatic entrance with the wet thump of their mangled corpses hitting the ground.

A familiar hulking mass of cerulean power armor suddenly came charging out of the woods like a blue cannonball, his free hand wrapping around the trigger-hilt of a sheathed chainsword clipped to his hip. Titus' ripped the blade free from it's sheathe and gouged out the abdomen of a nearby Revanchist trooper with a swift and lethal slash, crimson liquid staining the ground beneath them as the hungering chainsaw teeth gnawed into supple flesh.

The Ultramarine tore the chainsword out of the mangled body, letting it hit the ground like a soaked towel. A slight grimace crossed his face when he looked out at the brief massacre he'd inflicted. These were first full-blooded soldiers that the former Captain has seen and killed in quite some time - not nearly as numerous or expendable as those machines he'd encountered on Asgard.

The killing was never an issue for the Emperor's Angels of Death, for death was the only outcome available to those who challenge them. The massacre was all that they knew how to do.

But... these couldn't have been the most elite among Revan's forces, else Titus would have least received returning fire from those that he'd taken out, which meant they must be grossly incompetent... or they were the equivalent of recruits.

Titus turned to the golden-haired leader of the Revanchist force, blood now staining his steely face.

"Accept the Emperor's mercy, and we will make this quick for the rest of you. I've had enough of Revan's games."

@Lucky @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @amwexia @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight @Checkpoint

"You speak like if we are equals, dog." The blond man snapped at Titus who was no being descended upon by more seasoned soldiers ready to put the Imperial soldier in his place as they opened fire at him.

Ries12.png

"Of course, it should only be fair to know the name of your killer. I am Dhaos, and no mere servant. Are you than a servant of the Coalition? Slaving away at their beck and call? Your hypocrisy knows no bounds, human."
More Revanchist members were making their way out of the woodwork. "Fodder is what you are and that is how your cruel existence comes to an end."

ries0.png

"That's where you are misguided, Sir Dhaos," Riesbyfe responded to the man standing before them all, remaining formal despite everything. "You may think of others -- be it enemy or even your own allies -- as fodder, but I respect my allies more than that," she continued, nodding in acknowledgement toward Billy, before facing Dhaos again. "And that is why we are enemies. But enough talk. Words will not sway either of us. Only the songs " the woman said, still clutching her string-shaped shield tightly, and then...

"Hooooaaah!"

Holding her shield up in front of herself, Riesbyfe charged forward right at Dhaos, easily bashing aside a number of the Revanchist soldiers that dared to stand in her way like they were mere rag dolls! And once she'd gotten close enough to the blonde man, raised her shield once more and threw a wide swing with her shield right at him!

@Jeremi @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @amwexia @Crunch @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Checkpoint

"Fuck hangin' out with a buncha rich pricks."

Shirou followed a few of the others to the Lowtown with no hesitation, his decision made the instant the choices were presented. When he caught up to the others going that way, the question seemed to be about where to begin the information gathering process. The inn and marketplace weren't bad ideas, people did gather there after all.

"Let's start with an inn. One with a buncha drunkards, if we're lucky. Easier to get shit outta'em when they're a few drinks in. The details might get screwed up in that case too, but we'll get an idea of what these guys think and talk about here."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @York @Lowtown​
The Lowtown group didn't find much of a marketplace in the area, except for a few people selling their wares on the roadside. The inn, however, could potentially be useful.

Walking inside the group found it to be a bar as well as the innkeeper was standing behind the bar desk for the time being slinging out drinks for a weary traveler. Most of the tables seemed to be quite full of people and a few were scattered at the bar itself drinking away the day. It seemed like this was going to be the best place for them to find any information from both natives and travelers.

@Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @York @Kaykay @Lowtown

The two guardsmen had been standing in front of a large gate that seemed to lead inside a large castle behind them. The triple bombardment of questions seemed to have bewildered as they looked at each other. Even with a helmet on you could tell they were confused. "Uuh citizens please, one question at the time...we'll try to help find answers but."

Bayonetta cut him off. "What my friends are trying to ask is, what's the gossip?" She smiled and gave the two a wink. That seemed to have done the trick.

"Oh, uh, well, as you know with the barriers down, a large number of Guilds have sprung up as protection around lands to protect travelers against roaming beasts."

"Is that what you are?" The other guard asked sounding a tad suspicious. "Are you a new Guild from out of town?"

@Sark @Ver @Jeremi @Alex Azure @Lucky @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Crunch @Donder172 @NoblesQuarters
Taking a sip of the mead, Jack grimaced. Too sweet for his tastes, but he'd take it. Looking behind him he tipped his hat to the group. "Anyone want somethin'? My treat."

@Jeremi @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @York

---

Cu slipped over to the group, keeping himself out of view from the public. "There's talk of a witch who popped up in a place called Halure recently," he said. "Sounds like it's worth looking into."

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Lucky @Crow @Donder172 @amwexia @Crunch @Sark

"You need to lighten up a bit, luv." Bayonetta teased as Titus walked by. "Continue like that and someday you're going to walk into something that you can't escape from." Whether he cared to listen or not was a different thing entirely.

The plaza seemed like it was harboring no threats, only some noble men and women walking by doing their daily routines. A few stopped and gave him a stare but was it any surprise considering what he looked like?

"That's a weird Guild name." The guard shrugged. Considering how many were popping up they couldn't all be winners.

The other guard perked up by the mention of the witch. "It's just rumors," He assured the group. "With the barriers gone it just starts a lot of different things floating around out there."

@Crunch @Crow @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Lucky @Donder172 @amwexia @Sark @Alex Azure @Nobles

"Well if ya offerin'." Jack found one of the patrons sitting by the bar turn towards the group.

"How could I pass that up?" The man handed off his empty mug to the barkeep. "Another one of those, and this guy's buyin'."

"There's not much to tell I'm afraid," The barkeep replied as he handed the now filled mug back to the mystery man. "You're travelers so you know about the monsters roaming around. That's pretty much the only thing we keep hearing about."

"Yeah isn't that the truth."
The purple-robed man took a drink from his mug. "You'd think some people would start making up Coalitions or somethin' with all of that going on." He raised his cup towards Wanda and the others and had a sly smile on his face.

@Jeremi @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @York @Yun Lee @Ottonomous Ghost @Lowtown
"It's habit, I guess." Chris laughed sheepishly. Before looking up at Jack.

"Thank you, still." She added, even if it likely wouldn't have been anything expensive to buy for her, she didn't want to be rude.

'I guess we don't look too natural right now, huh?' Chise thought to herself before turning to the bartender.

917ac72253b0334933f763daaa99e7e3540ab211.jpg

"Um, could I have a glass of water, please?" She asked, while using her heightened 'dragon senses' to strain her hearing to try and pick up anything that may be useful information from any of the patrons in the bar.

"Coalitions, you say?" Chise blinked. Did....did this man know? That seemed like a pretty big hint that he did, really. Maybe she might of been trying to read into it too much.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @York @Lowertown
"Be my guest," Jack said to the stranger. "Got enough gold to go around." As he made his comment, though no one would see it through his bangs, Jack raised is eyebrows. "You're an...odd man, aintcha?" The corner of his mouth turned upward as he extended his hand. "Got a name, pardner? Mine's Jack."

@Jeremi @Takumi @Ottonomous Ghost @Kaykay @York @Gummi Bunnies
"That's what I said didn't I?" The man gave Chise a sly smirk.

To Jack he looked down to his hand for a moment before shaking it. "Odd is usually not a word people use to call me. Old, lazy and worthless, now those are used way more frequently. The name's Raven and sounds like it was a good idea to wait here for ya."

"You were waiting for us?" Wanda asked confused. "I wasn't informed we were looking for a contact in this world."

"Well imagine that?"
Raven got out of his chair and sized up Wanda. "Well, I guess I'm a bit forgettable. Maybe as a token of your forgiveness, you'll let me take you out on a drink later or?"

Wanda shut him down then and there. "We have more pressing matters to attend to. If you are part of the Coalition you know how dire the situation is."

"I get ya, all work and no play huh? Well, I'm here you're here. Time for me to be a friendly guide."
He looked over to the rest of the group. "If that's okay that is? I mean would be easier for ya if ya had a guide."

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Ottonomous Ghost @Kaykay @York @Gummi Bunnies

"It does feel like we have exhausted the Noble Quarters for the time being,"
Bayonetta replied. "Perhaps it is time to go and wait for the others in Midtown to see what they have found out? As far as getting the juiciest rumors, I think we won this time darling."

"It's about a day's travel from here to Halure," The more helpful guard replied. "Since you're a Guild I don't have to tell you how dangerous the road is, but you look capable of taking care of yourself. Well, most of you at least."

@Ver @Jeremi @Crunch @Alex Azure @Crow @Lucky @amwexia @Yun Lee @Sark @Donder172 @Nobles
The guard patted Little My on the head. "I'm sure you're really ferocious."

"I think for once he has the right idea," Bayonetta said to the rest of the group. "Time to rendezvous with the rest of the group I think. Now children thank the two guards and we'll be on our way." With that Bayonetta started to make her way back to Midtown.

"Oh but I like to be a trendsetter darling,"
Bayonetta replied offhand as she strutted past the Courier. "Perhaps when we meet up with the others we can decide on that?"

Raven lazily shrugged towards Wolf. "I guess you can't, but, it would be pretty weird if I knew who you were if I wasn't right?"

"I think for the time being we should trust his word,"
Wanda replied as she gave Raven a quick glance. "If he aims to betray us then well..." Wanda's left hand swirled momentarily with dark purple energy. "There are ways to coax him to speak the truth." The shimmering stopped as she looked back to Raven who still had that lazy smile on his face. "I think it's perhaps time for us to meet up with the others."

"More of you huh?" Rave got off the barstool. "Figured this was too small of a group. I appreciate the confidence too, ma'am. Don't worry, ol' Raven's being honest when he's saying he'll lead you anywhere you want."

"Reassuring, come on let's meet up with the others."

Soon enough both groups converged unto the fountain area where they were supposed to meet and they exchanged their stories.

"So Halure, is where we need to go,"
Wanda finally said once the briefing was finished. "Raven, do you know the quickest route to Halure?"

Raven meanwhile had sat down on one of the nearby benches looking up into the sky. "Sure do! In fact, I know two routes! One leading through a forest and the other leading through a checkpoint. One's a bit tricky and the other's pretty straight forward. Just 'ave to follow the road from Zaphias."

"Oh but aren't you a helpful one, Raven was it?"
Bayonetta replied walking up to where he was sitting and looking him right in the eyes. "And what pray tell is your game?"

Again much like with Wolf's questioning he just shrugged. "Lady, I'll tell ya what I told the others and that's that I'm 'ere to get you anywhere you 'ave to be, and if that's Halure then by golly, to Halure I'm goin' to get ya."

@Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @York @Yun Lee @Ottonomous Ghost @Ver @Jeremi @Crunch @Alex Azure @Crow @Lucky @amwexia @Yun Lee @Sark @Donder172
“That’s certainly a name alright,” Raven nodded to Shazam’s enthusiasm. “Alright if anyone asks that’s your Guild and you were hired by the Zaphias guards to help patrol the area to get rid of any monsters. Not too much to remember right?” Raven motioned towards his group to follow him. “Come on, Halure isn’t comin’ to us.”

“Good luck,” Wanda replied to both teams. “We’ll see you at the end of the day once we reach Halure.”

With that the teams split up. Raven leading the group Northwest and Wanda leading her team on the road heading north.

Raven’s group had walked on for about an hour on grassy knolls and the sea to the west of them when he spoke up. “You guys always this serious? Ya don’t have any good stories or anything to tell ol’ Raven about? Figure it’s time we’d get to know each other after all.”

“The silence is very calculated,” Bayonetta replied having followed Raven through the forest. “Why don’t you regal us with a story about you? I’m sure you have a lot of stories to tell.”

Raven chuckled. “Not much to say I’m afraid. Bit of a vagabond so I don’t stay around in places too long to have a story to tell really.”

@Yun Lee @Takumi @TeamForest

Wanda’s team as well hadn’t had too much of an issue following the road either. Weird that both the guards and Raven had spoken about a lot of monsters but they hadn’t seen anything. “Keep your eyes open,” Wanda replied. “While I think we’re in the right to distrust Raven the threat of monsters are probably all too real. If you see anything suspicious call out immediately.“ Considering the rather flat surface of the area if there was something coming towards them the group would no doubt notice. “Though Bayonetta had followed after Raven when he was allegedly gathering supplies. She hadn’t let him out of her sight for a second so maybe he is more truthful then we’ve given him credit for.”

@Ver @amwexia @Yun Lee @Lucky @Checkpoint
Undecided:
@Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @York @Ottonomous Ghost @Crunch @Alex Azure @Crow @Sark @Donder172
Ries03.png

"Yes well, let's only hope that his seedy exterior is merely an act. Of course, I don't imagine we look void of suspicion ourselves. The sooner we can move on, the better. Time is of the essence after all, and beggars can't be choosers," Riesbyfe remarked in response to Wanda, crossing her arms with a soft breath.

To the little rascal on her shoulder, the shield knight tilted her head slightly. "Little My, eh? Well, it's certainly better than having to say "hey, you" all the time. Better than never," she said. Little My on the other hand already knew her name... or, well, close enough at any rate.

To Wanda, Riesbyfe spoke again. "Not that I look forward to encountering them, but I wonder where are these monsters that everyone's been talking about? This place rather seems... barren, in fact."

@amwexia @Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Checkpoint
"Sometimes you ain't got a choice in the matter. Travelin'-wise, that is." Jack, like always, stayed quiet for the most part. But if Raven was that desperate to get them all to speak, he could humor the guy before he annoyed the others too much. "Here's a story. Once there was a guy who was good with his fists. Some fellas messed with him an' his sister, then learned he was the wrong fella to be messin' with. He became a bodyguard to a rich lady to shake 'em off, on account of them varmints not knowin' when to leave well enough alone. It got so bad, he hightailed it out of his own world, got himself a new start, and, if he can stop Revan and his peanut gallery, lived happily ever after. The end." He turned his head towards Raven. "That good enough to tide you over, partner?"

---

"Well, look at you!" Cu had taken his usual form now, walking alongside Riesbyfe and Little My with Gae Bolg slung over his shoulder. "You seem to make friends wherever you go, huh?"

Though on the topic of monsters, he shrugged. "Can't say I mind the peace and quiet," he said. "After that battle back in the British lady's backyard, it's nice to have less noise than before."

@Jeremi @Ver @amwexia @Lucky @Checkpoint​
Billy Batson/ Shazam

" I do have to wonder where all the monsters are. If they aren't on the road like the guards and Raven said, where could they have wondered off too? Were they perhaps attracted to something powerful like what we came to rescue and why if so? I can't say I like the idea that we don't know anything or if we can even trust Raven,"
Billy replied, keeping his eyes peeled.

@Jeremi @Ver @amwexia @Yun Lee @Checkpoint
"It is odd that we haven't seen no creatures after heading outside the walls." Wanda nodded in agreement. "Everyone in the city seemed to imply it was a real epidemi-oh." Wanda pointed ahead to something lying by the side of the road. Getting closer they found it to be a pile of corpses of different types of animals, some vicious-looking, others not so much. If Wanda hadn't spotted them the smell of rotting flesh would have informed them of it one way or another.

"This doesn't seem like something the guards would do,"
Wanda had been part of a lot of things back in her universe but smells like this were hard to get used to. "Stay on your guard. Whoever left this did so as a warning."

"Well that just sounds like a good time," Raven replied to Jack. "Thank you." He gave Bayonetta the side-eye. "At least someone indulges an old man who just wants to hear a good story or two.."

Bayonetta just rolled her eyes. "Anyway...this forest of yours. Are we getting there soon?"

"Yeah not too long now," Raven replied. "Once we get inside we don't have to worry about anythin'. It's weird though...last time I walked through here there were a lot of monsters around. Stay on your guard folks. Don' want them swarmin' us by surprise."

Undecided:
“Who’re you?” Little My bluntly spoke to Cu, “Why haven’t I seen you before now?”

Cu startled her, but she doesn’t want to admit that to Ries.

“Hmm... could this be some sort of pest control?” Little My spoke, “I think Snork mentioned something about making a vermin killer. He called it... uh... pesticide? His house was flooded with mice when he woke up this spring. We all spent a whole day chasing those mice out! It really was good times.”

@Ver @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lucky @Checkpoint

“Lancer? That’s a cool name,” Little My said, “I’m Little My!”

Little My stood up and placed her hands on her hips. “Well, what are we waiting for? Let’s clean these things up!”

@Ver @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Lucky @Checkpoint
❝ ... ugh, what a deliberate mess. Some way to show off all the monsters they've killed. ❞ Lapis expressed pure disgust as she saw the corpse pile. She's dealt with unpleasant things but it's been some time since she's run into scenes like this. Says a lot about who could be lingering around here still.

❝ Alright, if we're going to clean this up, where do we even dump... all of this? ❞

@Ver @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Lucky @amwexia
@Checkpoint
Billy Batson/ Shazam

" I could use some of my electric powers to fry the corpses a bit... though that might also cause a fire which would need to be put out." Billy would pause for a beat, take a deep breath. " I can attempt to access powers given to me by a man who wanted to make me a killer. One of those powers granted me powerful controlled fire abillties so I could burn the corpses..... though.... I fear that might not leave me in the same mental state afterwards."

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @amwexia @Gummi Bunnies @Checkpoint

"Point taken."

"W-Woah!!"

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

@Lucky @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @amwexia @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight @Checkpoint

Ries12.png

Little My hates being babied, she really does. But something in her mind tells her she cannot face these guys.

She usually ignores these thoughts, because she likes a thrill, but something about Mr. Cloak Guy made her know that she was severely outmatched.

Probably because his ankles are completely covered in armor.

“Just this once, Ries,” Little My muttered under her breath “Next time, if you do this again, I’ll bite you and call you Roast Beef...”

Except, that’s probably not gonna happen if this happens again, Little My is actually enjoying this because she likes Ries. She really does.

Little My glares daggers into Mr. Cloak Guy.

@Ver @Jeremi @Crunch @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Checkpoint
Billy Batson/ Shazam

" Ries, I understand what you are trying to do- but there is no reasoning with men like him. He clearly has plans to make us a dead corpse pile. Knowing his name won't change the fact. I do agree though. Nothing can be done alone in life."
He would take a moment, but started to hover. He was debating powering to what the mad man gave him- but he wasn't about to say that.

@Ver @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Crunch @Gummi Bunnies @amwexia @Checkpoint
827qszg.jpg

❝ ... what a surprise. Hook, line, and sinker. Who would've guessed? ❞ Lapis groaned once the Revanchist forces revealed themselves. It was pretty obvious that they wanted to get rid of them on the spot, so she could only respond to that notion with an appropriate answer.

❝ I don't plan to be made into a mess on the floor, thank you very much. I'd prefer it if you were the ones taking the beating, though. Just saying. ❞ The Witch of Miracles raised her prosthetic left arm, already gathering magical energy at her palm.

@Ver @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Crunch @Lucky @amwexia
@Checkpoint
Raven just shrugged at Milla. "Hey don't look at me. It's your guild they're looking after." As Raven spoke Flynn's and his eyes met for the briefest of moments.

"Be that as it may, you will be taken into questioning as well. One of you assaulted one of the guards and he has the bite marks to verify it, the other part was loitering and otherwise suspicious activity."

"And if we refuse?" Bayonetta asked obviously knowing what was to come.

"Then we'll have to take you by force, an option I don't wish to take nor do you." Flynn looked over the group with serious eyes. "So what will it be?"

Wanda's bell had been properly run as Jude went to look over her. "Too...careless..." She managed to mumble out as the fighting erupted around them.

"You speak like if we are equals, dog." The blond man snapped at Titus who was no being descended upon by more seasoned soldiers ready to put the Imperial soldier in his place as they opened fire at him.

"Of course, it should only be fair to know the name of your killer. I am Dhaos, and no mere servant. Are you than a servant of the Coalition? Slaving away at their beck and call? Your hypocrisy knows no bounds, human."
More Revanchist members were making their way out of the woodwork. "Fodder is what you are and that is how your cruel existence comes to an end."

ries0.png

"That's where you are misguided, Sir Dhaos," Riesbyfe responded to the man standing before them all, remaining formal despite everything. "You may think of others -- be it enemy or even your own allies -- as fodder, but I respect my allies more than that," she continued, nodding in acknowledgement toward Billy, before facing Dhaos again. "And that is why we are enemies. But enough talk. Words will not sway either of us. Only the songs " the woman said, still clutching her string-shaped shield tightly, and then...

"Hooooaaah!"

Holding her shield up in front of herself, Riesbyfe charged forward right at Dhaos, easily bashing aside a number of the Revanchist soldiers that dared to stand in her way like they were mere rag dolls! And once she'd gotten close enough to the blonde man, raised her shield once more and threw a wide swing with her shield right at him!

@Jeremi @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @amwexia @Crunch @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Checkpoint
Reiner Braun
@Ver @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Crunch @Lucky @amwexia @Gummi Bunnies
@Checkpoint

Reiner was glad they had found a guide, and had receded into his own thoughts, keeping the words Raven, their guide shared, and the others he met when he reunited with Lapis and the others in mind. His mind was primarily on where the great spirit was, and more importantly, what the Revanchist planned to do here. If the enemy were to strike, they would no doubt seek to pierce the defenses of these walls, and through the chaos find their target within this city. Assuming this place helf the Great Spirit in the first place. Joining the group as they headed towards the checkpoint, he narrowed his eyes at the scene in front of him.

o16ohos.png

"Back up! If these bodies are a danger to us, and this town... This must be the work of the enemy." He said cautiously, covering his nose with a hand as he knelt down to examine the enemy's 'handiwork'.

Unfortunately, it was at that moment that an explosion caught him by surprise, knocking him back in spite of his effort to stay where he was, attempting to shield as many as he could from the blast. At the last possible moment, he had managed to raise his right hand, shielding himself from some of the debris, wincing in pain as he felt various lacerations across his body now, not even bothering to suppress his powers as his body swiftly sought to heal itself.

Flashes of bright light shone as his injuries seemed to regenerate within seconds, allowing himself to meet the enemy's leader with his gaze. There was no doubt about it, between what the others said, and the

vo1qMsa.png

"Human... It's strange, hearing an enemy call me that." He said, a grim look on his face.

"Where I come from. They call people like me, 'devils'."

There was a brief pause as he took in Dhaos' harsh comments, evidently displeased with the enemy's assessment of his allies.

X0b8hHO.png

"I'm not a servant. Not anymore. My days of being a Warrior are behind me. My goal is, what it always was; to save the world!"

He declared, poised to fight, but evidently not willing to make the first strike. As slim as his chances were, perhaps there was a way to resolve this peacefully?

"If we must fight, we fight. But first, tell me this Dhaos; what do you hope to gain from destroying the world, the Universe? And... What makes you so sure, the Revanchist won't betray you?" He asked, glaring at Dhaos as he drew his combat knife from its scabbard.

His injuries had healed by now, and so... If he must fight, he would have to inflict some fresh wounds in order to transform.

Whatever happens though, he intended to hear Dhaos out first.​

Last edited:

View attachment 4508

"Don't think to compare me to Revan's bootlicks. I serve no empire, no chapter, no icon beyond the Emperor of Mankind."

Titus spat back at Dhaos with vitriol in equal measure, lifting the oversized gauntlet on his left arm. The power fist came to life with a soft hum of its power field, arcs of electricity dancing across its cerulean knuckles. The Captain lurched forward with righteous intent, the ground shuddering with every stomp of the giant's armored boots.

He chose not to put on his helmet. He wanted Revan's men to see the face of their end. Perhaps it may bring their souls more peace to see a human face standing within that ceramite shell.

"Either way, you'll pay your debt to mankind in blood."

Titus shifted his torso to the side, allowing his pauldron to shield his face as he picked up his walk into a thundering charge towards the mass of soldiers firing at him, their ammunition futile against the marine's power armor. The hulk of blue metal moved at a startingly speed, carrying the momentum of his charge into his sword-arm, which lashed out against the torso of several soldiers that attempted to flank Titus and fire at his power pack. The chainsword, hungry for meat, chewed through armor and flesh alike.

The marine reached out with his power fist and seized one of the falling bodies by the neck, turning on a dime and flinging the corpse towards a remaining pair of Revanchist soldiers. The bloodied body slammed into the two troopers, sending them and their rifles sprawling to the ground, only for Titus to lift his Storm Bolter and make two well-placed shots into the back of their skulls. Their heads split open like watermelons. And yet, Titus was not satisfied - he turned his body towards Dhaos, beginning to tread towards him.

"War is no game, Dhaos," he grunted, turning his body to the side and spotting another Revanchist soldier advancing on his position. The marine cracked off another bolt shot, which slammed and detonated in the trooper's leg - he fell to the ground in a red heap. "You waste only more lives by throwing your men at me."

"And yet," Titus mused again, a stray shot bouncing off his left pauldron - he turned and clicked the trigger on his chainsword, hurling it at the offending shooter. The discarded blade implanted itself into the soldier's exposed neck, serrated teeth biting away into supple bone marrow as his body slumped against a nearby tree, nerves still twitching. "You don't realize just how expendable you and your men are. I can remember when some of Revan's own kind - his 'Sith' - came to challenge us at the end of my time with the Discovery. In the name of the Emperor, I butchered them like dogs."

"In their last moments, they must have felt how much I hated them.
But that is the price of war. I must do my part. And I hate it. I hate you, Dhaos."

Titus didn't stop encroaching on Dhaos' position. A pair of shots suddenly pierced his abdominal armor, the marine wincing in pain and turning around. Almost immediately, he ducked his head to avoid two more shots from the advancing troopers, before his storm bolter belched a pair of bolts back at the approaching troops. The Exodus soldiers, just as trained as any space marine, quickly shifted their bodies behind cover - though the explosive bolts were not aiming towards them.

"It is by His will that I never stop killing, even when I have rejected the Imperium. I can reject my dogmas and rules and codices as I please. But there will always be the desire to butcher the enemies of Man."

An armored hand ran along his face, dirty streaks of blood staining his cheeks. His lips curled into a barely contained expression of rage. Ragged, hoarse breaths slipped past clenched teeth.

View attachment 4509

"There can be no end to the slaughter because you people continue to exist. I can never be at peace because of you."

They detonated at the very base of a nearby tree, which blew off the ground and collapsed to the side - towards the pair of troopers. A short chorus of muffled screams and crunching bones followed from the two of them, while Titus still approached Dhaos.

"I've had... enough of this," the marine grunted again, his storm bolter now empty and his chainsword discarded. "Pay your DEBTS! FOR THE EMPEROR!"

Something within his body was lit aflame. Titus' legs broke into overdrive, carrying his hulking frame across the gap between himself and Dhaos. His power fist clenched, each finger folding inward like a key on a piano. As it neared the Revanchist's squad leader, the air would be consumed by the hum of its overwhelming power field as Titus launched his powered fist at Dhaos with all the momentum and weight he could muster packed into the force of his punch.

The overcharged knuckles were poised to crush the man's face.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @amwexia @Crunch @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Checkpoint​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back