Status
Not open for further replies.
ries0.png

"That's where you are misguided, Sir Dhaos," Riesbyfe responded to the man standing before them all, remaining formal despite everything. "You may think of others -- be it enemy or even your own allies -- as fodder, but I respect my allies more than that," she continued, nodding in acknowledgement toward Billy, before facing Dhaos again. "And that is why we are enemies. But enough talk. Words will not sway either of us. Only the songs " the woman said, still clutching her string-shaped shield tightly, and then...

"Hooooaaah!"

Holding her shield up in front of herself, Riesbyfe charged forward right at Dhaos, easily bashing aside a number of the Revanchist soldiers that dared to stand in her way like they were mere rag dolls! And once she'd gotten close enough to the blonde man, raised her shield once more and threw a wide swing with her shield right at him!

@Jeremi @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @amwexia @Crunch @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Checkpoint

Dhaos was surprisingly agile despite his size and dashed back as some Revanchist leaped in the way of the blow to stop Riesbyfe from reaching him. "And unlike you, they know their place." He sneered as more soldiers came into to attack the Holy Knight with bladed weaponry.

Reiner Braun
@Ver @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Crunch @Lucky @amwexia @Gummi Bunnies
@Checkpoint

Reiner was glad they had found a guide, and had receded into his own thoughts, keeping the words Raven, their guide shared, and the others he met when he reunited with Lapis and the others in mind. His mind was primarily on where the great spirit was, and more importantly, what the Revanchist planned to do here. If the enemy were to strike, they would no doubt seek to pierce the defenses of these walls, and through the chaos find their target within this city. Assuming this place helf the Great Spirit in the first place. Joining the group as they headed towards the checkpoint, he narrowed his eyes at the scene in front of him.

o16ohos.png

"Back up! If these bodies are a danger to us, and this town... This must be the work of the enemy." He said cautiously, covering his nose with a hand as he knelt down to examine the enemy's 'handiwork'.

Unfortunately, it was at that moment that an explosion caught him by surprise, knocking him back in spite of his effort to stay where he was, attempting to shield as many as he could from the blast. At the last possible moment, he had managed to raise his right hand, shielding himself from some of the debris, wincing in pain as he felt various lacerations across his body now, not even bothering to suppress his powers as his body swiftly sought to heal itself.

Flashes of bright light shone as his injuries seemed to regenerate within seconds, allowing himself to meet the enemy's leader with his gaze. There was no doubt about it, between what the others said, and the

XX7atj9.png

"Human... It's strange, hearing an enemy call me that." He said, a grim look on his face.

"Where I come from. They call people like me, 'devils'."

There was a brief pause as he took in Dhaos' harsh comments, evidently displeased with the enemy's assessment of his allies.

X0b8hHO.png

"I'm not a servant. Not anymore. My days of being a Warrior are behind me. My goal is, what it always was; to save the world!"

He declared, poised to fight, but evidently not willing to make the first strike. As slim as his chances were, perhaps there was a way to resolve this peacefully?

"If we must fight, we fight. But first, tell me this Dhaos; what do you hope to gain from destroying the world, the Universe? And... What makes you so sure, the Revanchist won't betray you?" He asked, glaring at Dhaos as he drew his combat knife from its scabbard.

His injuries had healed by now, and so... If he must fight, he would have to inflict some fresh wounds in order to transform.

Whatever happens though, he intended to hear Dhaos out first.​

"Because the only certainty in this world is that everything you touch withers and dies." Came his response. "Betrayal or loyalty means nothing to me. Only obedience. These men give me that." Dhaos would have continued his chat with Reiner had it not been for the rage of Titus.

View attachment 4508

"Don't think to compare me to Revan's bootlicks. I serve no empire, no chapter, no icon beyond the Emperor of Mankind."

Titus spat back at Dhaos with vitriol in equal measure, lifting the oversized gauntlet on his left arm. The power fist came to life with a soft hum of its power field, arcs of electricity dancing across its cerulean knuckles. The Captain lurched forward with righteous intent, the ground shuddering with every stomp of the giant's armored boots.

He chose not to put on his helmet. He wanted Revan's men to see the face of their end. Perhaps it may bring their souls more peace to see a human face standing within that ceramite shell.

"Either way, you'll pay your debt to mankind in blood."

Titus shifted his torso to the side, allowing his pauldron to shield his face as he picked up his walk into a thundering charge towards the mass of soldiers firing at him, their ammunition futile against the marine's power armor. The hulk of blue metal moved at a startingly speed, carrying the momentum of his charge into his sword-arm, which lashed out against the torso of several soldiers that attempted to flank Titus and fire at his power pack. The chainsword, hungry for meat, chewed through armor and flesh alike.

The marine reached out with his power fist and seized one of the falling bodies by the neck, turning on a dime and flinging the corpse towards a remaining pair of Revanchist soldiers. The bloodied body slammed into the two troopers, sending them and their rifles sprawling to the ground, only for Titus to lift his Storm Bolter and make two well-placed shots into the back of their skulls. Their heads split open like watermelons. And yet, Titus was not satisfied - he turned his body towards Dhaos, beginning to tread towards him.

"War is no game, Dhaos," he grunted, turning his body to the side and spotting another Revanchist soldier advancing on his position. The marine cracked off another bolt shot, which slammed and detonated in the trooper's leg - he fell to the ground in a red heap. "You waste only more lives by throwing your men at me."

"And yet," Titus mused again, a stray shot bouncing off his left pauldron - he turned and clicked the trigger on his chainsword, hurling it at the offending shooter. The discarded blade implanted itself into the soldier's exposed neck, serrated teeth biting away into supple bone marrow as his body slumped against a nearby tree, nerves still twitching. "You don't realize just how expendable you and your men are. I can remember when some of Revan's own kind - his 'Sith' - came to challenge us at the end of my time with the Discovery. In the name of the Emperor, I butchered them like dogs."

"In their last moments, they must have felt how much I hated them. But that is the price of war. I must do my part. And I hate it. I hate you, Dhaos."

Titus didn't stop encroaching on Dhaos' position. A pair of shots suddenly pierced his abdominal armor, the marine wincing in pain and turning around. Almost immediately, he ducked his head to avoid two more shots from the advancing troopers, before his storm bolter belched a pair of bolts back at the approaching troops. The Exodus soldiers, just as trained as any space marine, quickly shifted their bodies behind cover - though the explosive bolts were not aiming towards them.

"It is by His will that I never stop killing, even when I have rejected the Imperium. I can reject my dogmas and rules and codices as I please. But there will always be the desire to butcher the enemies of Man."

An armored hand ran along his face, dirty streaks of blood staining his cheeks. His lips curled into a barely contained expression of rage. Ragged, hoarse breaths slipped past clenched teeth.

View attachment 4509

"There can be no end to the slaughter because you people continue to exist. I can never be at peace because of you."

They detonated at the very base of a nearby tree, which blew off the ground and collapsed to the side - towards the pair of troopers. A short chorus of muffled screams and crunching bones followed from the two of them, while Titus still approached Dhaos.

"I've had... enough of this," the marine grunted again, his storm bolter now empty and his chainsword discarded. "Pay your DEBTS! FOR THE EMPEROR!"

Something within his body was lit aflame. Titus' legs broke into overdrive, carrying his hulking frame across the gap between himself and Dhaos. His power fist clenched, each finger folding inward like a key on a piano. As it neared the Revanchist's squad leader, the air would be consumed by the hum of its overwhelming power field as Titus launched his powered fist at Dhaos with all the momentum and weight he could muster packed into the force of his punch.

The overcharged knuckles were poised to crush the man's face.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @amwexia @Crunch @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Checkpoint​

The Revanchist soldiers tried their best to get away from Titus' warpath but many fell swiftly to his attacks. Dhaos meanwhile watched nonplussed on as he came closer and closer before he was right on top of Dhaos.

"Yet despite it all, you come at me like a child in the middle of a temper tantrum." The blow caused a shockwave to erupt around the two men, but to his surprise, Titus found that his punch had been blocked by a hand infused with powerful magical energies. "Why do you think I would have revealed myself to you fools at this juncture?"

Explosions started to erupt around the group sending large amounts of dirt and smoke into the air. "I used myself as bait." If the group looked around the attacks seemed to be coming from a large airship flying above them. "Unlike you, the Revanchist comes prepared for battle. We bring war machines and not only oxen who only see the red before them." Dhaos quickly disengaged with a strike to Titus side as he started to float upwards towards the airship.

"I only wished to see my foes in the face and you all...left me lacking. So instead, I will let the fire take you. Farewell."
As he proceeded to rise the airship seemed to be ready to fire another salvo at the group.​

@Jeremi @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @amwexia @Crunch @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Checkpoint

Dhaos was surprisingly agile despite his size and dashed back as some Revanchist leaped in the way of the blow to stop Riesbyfe from reaching him. "And unlike you, they know their place." He sneered as more soldiers came into to attack the Holy Knight with bladed weaponry.

"Because the only certainty in this world is that everything you touch withers and dies." Came his response. "Betrayal or loyalty means nothing to me. Only obedience. These men give me that." Dhaos would have continued his chat with Reiner had it not been for the rage of Titus.

The Revanchist soldiers tried their best to get away from Titus' warpath but many fell swiftly to his attacks. Dhaos meanwhile watched nonplussed on as he came closer and closer before he was right on top of Dhaos.

"Yet despite it all, you come at me like a child in the middle of a temper tantrum." The blow caused a shockwave to erupt around the two men, but to his surprise, Titus found that his punch had been blocked by a hand infused with powerful magical energies. "Why do you think I would have revealed myself to you fools at this juncture?"

Explosions started to erupt around the group sending large amounts of dirt and smoke into the air. "I used myself as bait." If the group looked around the attacks seemed to be coming from a large airship flying above them. "Unlike you, the Revanchist comes prepared for battle. We bring war machines and not only oxen who only see the red before them." Dhaos quickly disengaged with a strike to Titus side as he started to float upwards towards the airship.

"I only wished to see my foes in the face and you all...left me lacking. So instead, I will let the fire take you. Farewell." As he proceeded to rise the airship seemed to be ready to fire another salvo at the group.

Little My looked at Dhaos trying to escape, and she was furious. She emerged from beneath Ries's coat and used her shoulder as a launchpad to leap up towards Dhaos.

"YOU AREN'T GETTING AWAY THAT EASILY!!!" Little My snapped, her jaw ready to bite down on Dhaos's skin.

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Checkpoint

View attachment 4508

"Don't think to compare me to Revan's bootlicks. I serve no empire, no chapter, no icon beyond the Emperor of Mankind."

Titus spat back at Dhaos with vitriol in equal measure, lifting the oversized gauntlet on his left arm. The power fist came to life with a soft hum of its power field, arcs of electricity dancing across its cerulean knuckles. The Captain lurched forward with righteous intent, the ground shuddering with every stomp of the giant's armored boots.

He chose not to put on his helmet. He wanted Revan's men to see the face of their end. Perhaps it may bring their souls more peace to see a human face standing within that ceramite shell.

"Either way, you'll pay your debt to mankind in blood."

Titus shifted his torso to the side, allowing his pauldron to shield his face as he picked up his walk into a thundering charge towards the mass of soldiers firing at him, their ammunition futile against the marine's power armor. The hulk of blue metal moved at a startingly speed, carrying the momentum of his charge into his sword-arm, which lashed out against the torso of several soldiers that attempted to flank Titus and fire at his power pack. The chainsword, hungry for meat, chewed through armor and flesh alike.

The marine reached out with his power fist and seized one of the falling bodies by the neck, turning on a dime and flinging the corpse towards a remaining pair of Revanchist soldiers. The bloodied body slammed into the two troopers, sending them and their rifles sprawling to the ground, only for Titus to lift his Storm Bolter and make two well-placed shots into the back of their skulls. Their heads split open like watermelons. And yet, Titus was not satisfied - he turned his body towards Dhaos, beginning to tread towards him.

"War is no game, Dhaos," he grunted, turning his body to the side and spotting another Revanchist soldier advancing on his position. The marine cracked off another bolt shot, which slammed and detonated in the trooper's leg - he fell to the ground in a red heap. "You waste only more lives by throwing your men at me."

"And yet," Titus mused again, a stray shot bouncing off his left pauldron - he turned and clicked the trigger on his chainsword, hurling it at the offending shooter. The discarded blade implanted itself into the soldier's exposed neck, serrated teeth biting away into supple bone marrow as his body slumped against a nearby tree, nerves still twitching. "You don't realize just how expendable you and your men are. I can remember when some of Revan's own kind - his 'Sith' - came to challenge us at the end of my time with the Discovery. In the name of the Emperor, I butchered them like dogs."

"In their last moments, they must have felt how much I hated them.
But that is the price of war. I must do my part. And I hate it. I hate you, Dhaos."

Titus didn't stop encroaching on Dhaos' position. A pair of shots suddenly pierced his abdominal armor, the marine wincing in pain and turning around. Almost immediately, he ducked his head to avoid two more shots from the advancing troopers, before his storm bolter belched a pair of bolts back at the approaching troops. The Exodus soldiers, just as trained as any space marine, quickly shifted their bodies behind cover - though the explosive bolts were not aiming towards them.

"It is by His will that I never stop killing, even when I have rejected the Imperium. I can reject my dogmas and rules and codices as I please. But there will always be the desire to butcher the enemies of Man."

An armored hand ran along his face, dirty streaks of blood staining his cheeks. His lips curled into a barely contained expression of rage. Ragged, hoarse breaths slipped past clenched teeth.

View attachment 4509

"There can be no end to the slaughter because you people continue to exist. I can never be at peace because of you."

They detonated at the very base of a nearby tree, which blew off the ground and collapsed to the side - towards the pair of troopers. A short chorus of muffled screams and crunching bones followed from the two of them, while Titus still approached Dhaos.

"I've had... enough of this," the marine grunted again, his storm bolter now empty and his chainsword discarded. "Pay your DEBTS! FOR THE EMPEROR!"

Something within his body was lit aflame. Titus' legs broke into overdrive, carrying his hulking frame across the gap between himself and Dhaos. His power fist clenched, each finger folding inward like a key on a piano. As it neared the Revanchist's squad leader, the air would be consumed by the hum of its overwhelming power field as Titus launched his powered fist at Dhaos with all the momentum and weight he could muster packed into the force of his punch.

The overcharged knuckles were poised to crush the man's face.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @amwexia @Crunch @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Checkpoint​

"I only wished to see my foes in the face and you all...left me lacking. So instead, I will let the fire take you. Farewell."
As he proceeded to rise the airship seemed to be ready to fire another salvo at the group.​

Little My looked at Dhaos trying to escape, and she was furious. She emerged from beneath Ries's coat and used her shoulder as a launchpad to leap up towards Dhaos.

"YOU AREN'T GETTING AWAY THAT EASILY!!!" Little My snapped, her jaw ready to bite down on Dhaos's skin.

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Checkpoint
Reiner Braun

Reiner clenched his teeth at Dhaos' response, even as Titus attempted to strike the enemy pre-emptively. Only to be deflected by the man's sheer strength. He was like a titan. No... Something stronger, in human form.

Was the strength of the armored titan even enough to compare?

No. He couldn't simply rely on that alone. He had been gifted some strange power by that Witch not long before he got here. Not to mention, the strength his allies were readily willing to lend to the cause.

He wasn't alone anymore.

As Dhaos rose into the air, Reiner managed to cry out just before he was out of earshot.

"If all you wish for, is obedience, then what is your mission?! Surely the Revanchist promised you more than just that!!!" He shouted.

But it was too late. Regardless of whether not Little My's efforts succeeded, as soon as he saw Dhaos rise, and the airship arrive... He knew what was coming. The man who was fleeing was merely a diversion. He had brought an army, an invasion force.

And much like he had many times before, Reiner knew he would have to face the 'fire' head on.

Attempting to charge in front of the others, he grabbed Little My quickly in an effort to throw her out of danger, gesturing to Titus and the others as well

UQ1YV5b.png

"Get behind me, now! I'll be your shield!" He shouted.

All he could hope for, was that the others could suffice as the Coalition's sword.

And then... It happened.

Slashing down on his hand as hard as he could with his combat knife, he felt that familiar sting of pain as he focused solely on protecting the others, and holding off the enemy...

IG1P1r6.gif

A flash of bright, yellow light sprung from his body, and then... A large bolt of lightning struck him, as a large, towering humanoid body formed where he once stood.

Bones, muscle, flesh, armored plating.

What should have been impossible was made possible in that moment, as a titan practically emerged in Reiner's place, like it had last time.

68EaKip.png

The hulking creature, around 15 meters in height swiftly took up a defensive stance, prepared to absorb the Airship's next salvo. Within the creature's nape, Reiner attempted to harden his armored plating further, hoping it would be enough to defend against the next round of explosions.

While he was confident his armor was nigh impenetrable, he couldn't help but recall the reason he had become a Warrior in the first place. The reason he had been sent out on that mission of his.

It wasn't just to save the world.

No... Deep down, he knew there was something else too.

The power of the titans, the power of his titan, was being challenged.

It was only a matter of time before technology in his world would find a way to pierce even his own titan's armor.

But maybe... Just maybe... The power that witch had granted him would be enough to overcome his weaknesses.

Combining his titan powers, with the mysterious magic he could barely understand, maybe he could make a difference after all.

No matter what though, he would refuse to stand aside, prepared to defend his allies to the bitter end. All he could hope for, was that regardless of the outcome, the others would make it.​

Reiner Braun

Reiner clenched his teeth at Dhaos' response, even as Titus attempted to strike the enemy pre-emptively. Only to be deflected by the man's sheer strength. He was like a titan. No... Something stronger, in human form.

Was the strength of the armored titan even enough to compare?

No. He couldn't simply rely on that alone. He had been gifted some strange power by that Witch not long before he got here. Not to mention, the strength his allies were readily willing to lend to the cause.

He wasn't alone anymore.

As Dhaos rose into the air, Reiner managed to cry out just before he was out of earshot.

"If all you wish for, is obedience, then what is your mission?! Surely the Revanchist promised you more than just that!!!" He shouted.

But it was too late. Regardless of whether not Little My's efforts succeeded, as soon as he saw Dhaos rise, and the airship arrive... He knew what was coming. The man who was fleeing was merely a diversion. He had brought an army, an invasion force.

And much like he had many times before, Reiner knew he would have to face the 'fire' head on.

Attempting to charge in front of the others, he grabbed Little My quickly in an effort to throw her out of danger, gesturing to Titus and the others as well

UQ1YV5b.png

"Get behind me, now! I'll be your shield!" He shouted.

All he could hope for, was that the others could suffice as the Coalition's sword.

And then... It happened.

Slashing down on his hand as hard as he could with his combat knife, he felt that familiar sting of pain as he focused solely on protecting the others, and holding off the enemy...

IG1P1r6.gif

A flash of bright, yellow light sprung from his body, and then... A large bolt of lightning struck him, as a large, towering humanoid body formed where he once stood.

Bones, muscle, flesh, armored plating.

What should have been impossible was made possible in that moment, as a titan practically emerged in Reiner's place, like it had last time.

68EaKip.png

The hulking creature, around 15 meters in height swiftly took up a defensive stance, prepared to absorb the Airship's next salvo. Within the creature's nape, Reiner attempted to harden his armored plating further, hoping it would be enough to defend against the next round of explosions.

While he was confident his armor was nigh impenetrable, he couldn't help but recall the reason he had become a Warrior in the first place. The reason he had been sent out on that mission of his.

It wasn't just to save the world.

No... Deep down, he knew there was something else too.

The power of the titans, the power of his titan, was being challenged.

It was only a matter of time before technology in his world would find a way to pierce even his own titan's armor.

But maybe... Just maybe... The power that witch had granted him would be enough to overcome his weaknesses.

Combining his titan powers, with the mysterious magic he could barely understand, maybe he could make a difference after all.

No matter what though, he would refuse to stand aside, prepared to defend his allies to the bitter end. All he could hope for, was that regardless of the outcome, the others would make it.

It all happened so fast. Little My was airborne, ready to bite down upon Dhaos, but she was grabbed and thrown back by the blonde gruff man. She found herself on the ground, landing with a loud SPLAT!

She was blinded by the yellow light and looked up at the huge, hulking, creature.

"WOAH-HO-HO-HO! THAT'S AWESOME!" Little My laughed, her eyes transfixed on the armored being towering over the group. The being looked like the gruff blonde man who grabbed her, so her smart-alec brain put two and two together, and she realized that this creature was what he meant when he said "Get behind me, now! I'll be your shield!"

@York @Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Checkpoint

As things practically turned for the worst, Lapis had been preparing a wild card of her own. If these Revanchist forces were going to drop all of this on them, then she was prepared to return the favor. It was only fair. A magic burst of energy came from the Witch just as Reiner had transformed on the spot to protect the group from the incoming fire. A part of her was glad that no other Witch was present right now, or else she would be stopped from doing this right away.

tumblr_oun8krX6GF1v3qowuo1_100.png

❝ ... here goes nothing. ❞ She mumbled under her breath as a faint blue aura radiated from her body. Mustering up her strength, she took a leap upwards as high as she could. High enough for her to briefly land on the armored titan's shoulder before she jumps up again, gaining enough altitude in the air to have that Revanchist airship in view. This was entirely reckless, but it wasn't like she had anything else that would prove to be useful against their opponent. Using the prepared magical energy stemming from her prosthetic left arm, Lapis materializes a crystallized lance and further applies her own magic into it. Faster. She had to do this faster, before she was focused down as an air target. Put as much magic into this as she could. Not any old fashioned mana. No. It had to be strong enough to make this reckless act worth it.

She momentarily gasps from the forced strain, but her crystallized lance rapidly glows vibrantly blue and its magical potency increases. Good, that's good. That'll be enough. More than enough, really. But it was fine.

tumblr_ouhpz6epye1v3qowuo1_100.png

❝ Two can play that game! Planning to rain hell on us? With the power as the Witch of Miracles, I can do the same!! ❞ Grip tightened on the magically charged lance. Hand clutched at her chest. She was nearing her own limit, but she was committed on doing this. Without another second wasted, Lapis throws the miracle-charged lance at the airship, the magic infused with the crystallized weapon allowing it to pick up speed as it gets closer to the intended target. Regardless if it makes contact or not, the amount of magic she put into the lance would result with it exploding at an alarming scale.

As for Lapis herself, a loud shattering noise could be heard coming from her. It wouldn't take long for her to begin freefalling back down to the group, and it was easy to tell that this attack of hers knocked her unconscious as soon as she threw the crystallized lance.

DPfpB9R.jpg

Yeah, it didn't look like she was going to gain consciousness in time to stop her own plummeting fall.

@York @Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @amwexia @Crunch @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee
@Checkpoint

Billy Batson/Shazam

Billy knew what had to happen. That ship had to be taken down and he took a deep breath. He knew how risky this was to do. He had barely been snapped out of it last time when he had been on that island. As much as he wished that the powers of the madman had died with him, he still felt them. He knew that it was dangerous, but he knew that being Shazam wasn't enough. He needed to finally acknowledge that he wasn't some kid. He hadn't been one in over six years. Sure, he was powerful as a kid..... but he was much more powerful the older he had gotten. " I'll take it all... all the pain I caused, all the memories I would have rather forgotten, I acknowledge you. I'm Billy Batson, a twenty year old man who has been to hell and back." Billy focused and watched as the electricity danced around his eyes and he aimed a highly charged electric blast attempting to destroy it.

@York @Jeremi @Ver @amwexia @Crunch @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee

Raven just shrugged at Milla. "Hey don't look at me. It's your guild they're looking after." As Raven spoke Flynn's and his eyes met for the briefest of moments.

"Be that as it may, you will be taken into questioning as well. One of you assaulted one of the guards and he has the bite marks to verify it, the other part was loitering and otherwise suspicious activity."

"And if we refuse?" Bayonetta asked obviously knowing what was to come.

"Then we'll have to take you by force, an option I don't wish to take nor do you." Flynn looked over the group with serious eyes. "So what will it be?"

@Jeremi @Donder172 @Takumi @Ottonomous Ghost @Yun Lee @Forest

Wanda's bell had been properly run as Jude went to look over her. "Too...careless..." She managed to mumble out as the fighting erupted around them.

"You speak like if we are equals, dog." The blond man snapped at Titus who was no being descended upon by more seasoned soldiers ready to put the Imperial soldier in his place as they opened fire at him.

"Of course, it should only be fair to know the name of your killer. I am Dhaos, and no mere servant. Are you than a servant of the Coalition? Slaving away at their beck and call? Your hypocrisy knows no bounds, human."
More Revanchist members were making their way out of the woodwork. "Fodder is what you are and that is how your cruel existence comes to an end."

@Jeremi @Crunch @Atomic Knight @amwexia @Yun Lee @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Checkpoint

41d95eca20767f0a7eeeca2d4dfdd886b6bcd55c.jpg

"One of our own bit one of your men, so you plan to take us all in for questioning, and standing and talking amongst ourselves is considered suspicious?" She blinked, in slight disbelief, mostly on the fact that someone in the group bit a guard.

"We simply don't have time to come with you," Milla said. She thought for a moment, eventually deciding to conjure her sword. "It's a matter of great importance. Besides, I assure you, you and your men won't be able to take us down."

Bringing a hand to run through her hair Chise couldn't help but sigh a little before glancing to those within her group. When Milla conjured her sword, Chise's grip on her staff tightened as she held it almost defensively.

"We really don't have time for this sort of thing." She frowned.

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Donder172 @Ottonomous Ghost @Forest

Ries19.png

"Out of my way!" Riesbyfe exclaimed toward the Revanchist soldiers that dared to stand in her way. The woman deftly parried each and every blade that came her way, her harmonization with her shield unparalleled.

She had fought with Gamaliel by her side for many years now, having gotten to the point even that she no longer needed to spend hours of meditation every day like she used to in order to harmonize with it as well as she could now. Or perhaps she could attest that to the wonders of other worldly magecraft affecting her circuits.

Her eyes darted about, scanning each and every one of her enemies that surrounded her. So indoctrinated into Revan's cause they were, it seemed, that Dhaos's harsh, caustic words didn't even seem to faze them. Riesbyfe almost pitied them to that degree, if they were not intent on continuing to aid the forces of evil in their devious plans.

As one dashed forward with a sharp thrust with his blade, the knight easily evaded with blinding speed, countering with her own thrust, jabbing her enemy in the solar plexus faster than the eye could see with her metal gauntlet. Humble as she might have been, she knew full well that a serious punch from her was able to carry the force of two tons, yet she was not ruthless enough to just pulverize a man's insides like that. Still, her quick, restrained jab held enough force that it was able to knock her target through the air like a cannon ball, sending him flying back and slamming into his comrades.

By that time, Dhaos seemed to pull his retreat in time for air support to begin raining down whatever hellfire it was capable of producing. With that, the knight could only raise her shield up and cover her body with it, before urging the others around her to do the same.

"The rest of you, take cover!" She cried out frantically as a few others began to shoot at the airship.

@amwexia @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @York @Crunch @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Checkpoint

It all happened so fast. Little My was airborne, ready to bite down upon Dhaos, but she was grabbed and thrown back by the blonde gruff man. She found herself on the ground, landing with a loud SPLAT!

She was blinded by the yellow light and looked up at the huge, hulking, creature.

"WOAH-HO-HO-HO! THAT'S AWESOME!" Little My laughed, her eyes transfixed on the armored being towering over the group. The being looked like the gruff blonde man who grabbed her, so her smart-alec brain put two and two together, and she realized that this creature was what he meant when he said "Get behind me, now! I'll be your shield!"

@York @Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Checkpoint
As things practically turned for the worst, Lapis had been preparing a wild card of her own. If these Revanchist forces were going to drop all of this on them, then she was prepared to return the favor. It was only fair. A magic burst of energy came from the Witch just as Reiner had transformed on the spot to protect the group from the incoming fire. A part of her was glad that no other Witch was present right now, or else she would be stopped from doing this right away.

❝ ... here goes nothing. ❞ She mumbled under her breath as a faint blue aura radiated from her body. Mustering up her strength, she took a leap upwards as high as she could. High enough for her to briefly land on the armored titan's shoulder before she jumps up again, gaining enough altitude in the air to have that Revanchist airship in view. This was entirely reckless, but it wasn't like she had anything else that would prove to be useful against their opponent. Using the prepared magical energy stemming from her prosthetic left arm, Lapis materializes a crystallized lance and further applies her own magic into it. Faster. She had to do this faster, before she was focused down as an air target. Put as much magic into this as she could. Not any old fashioned mana. No. It had to be strong enough to make this reckless act worth it.

She momentarily gasps from the forced strain, but her crystallized lance rapidly glows vibrantly blue and its magical potency increases. Good, that's good. That'll be enough. More than enough, really. But it was fine.

❝ Two can play that game! Planning to rain hell on us? With the power as the Witch of Miracles, I can do the same!! ❞ Grip tightened on the magically charged lance. Hand clutched at her chest. She was nearing her own limit, but she was committed on doing this. Without another second wasted, Lapis throws the miracle-charged lance at the airship, the magic infused with the crystallized weapon allowing it to pick up speed as it gets closer to the intended target. Regardless if it makes contact or not, the amount of magic she put into the lance would result with it exploding at an alarming scale.

As for Lapis herself, a loud shattering noise could be heard coming from her. It wouldn't take long for her to begin freefalling back down to the group, and it was easy to tell that this attack of hers knocked her unconscious as soon as she threw the crystallized lance.

DPfpB9R.jpg

Yeah, it didn't look like she was going to gain consciousness in time to stop her own plummeting fall.

@Checkpoint
Billy Batson/Shazam

Billy knew what had to happen. That ship had to be taken down and he took a deep breath. He knew how risky this was to do. He had barely been snapped out of it last time when he had been on that island. As much as he wished that the powers of the madman had died with him, he still felt them. He knew that it was dangerous, but he knew that being Shazam wasn't enough. He needed to finally acknowledge that he wasn't some kid. He hadn't been one in over six years. Sure, he was powerful as a kid..... but he was much more powerful the older he had gotten. " I'll take it all... all the pain I caused, all the memories I would have rather forgotten, I acknowledge you. I'm Billy Batson, a twenty year old man who has been to hell and back." Billy focused and watched as the electricity danced around his eyes and he aimed a highly charged electric blast attempting to destroy it.

Ries19.png

"Out of my way!" Riesbyfe exclaimed toward the Revanchist soldiers that dared to stand in her way. The woman deftly parried each and every blade that came her way, her harmonization with her shield unparalleled.

She had fought with Gamaliel by her side for many years now, having gotten to the point even that she no longer needed to spend hours of meditation every day like she used to in order to harmonize with it as well as she could now. Or perhaps she could attest that to the wonders of other worldly magecraft affecting her circuits.

Her eyes darted about, scanning each and every one of her enemies that surrounded her. So indoctrinated into Revan's cause they were, it seemed, that Dhaos's harsh, caustic words didn't even seem to faze them. Riesbyfe almost pitied them to that degree, if they were not intent on continuing to aid the forces of evil in their devious plans.

As one dashed forward with a sharp thrust with his blade, the knight easily evaded with blinding speed, countering with her own thrust, jabbing her enemy in the solar plexus faster than the eye could see with her metal gauntlet. Humble as she might have been, she knew full well that a serious punch from her was able to carry the force of two tons, yet she was not ruthless enough to just pulverize a man's insides like that. Still, her quick, restrained jab held enough force that it was able to knock her target through the air like a cannon ball, sending him flying back and slamming into his comrades.

By that time, Dhaos seemed to pull his retreat in time for air support to begin raining down whatever hellfire it was capable of producing. With that, the knight could only raise her shield up and cover her body with it, before urging the others around her to do the same.

"The rest of you, take cover!" She cried out frantically as a few others began to shoot at the airship.

@amwexia @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @York @Crunch @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Checkpoint
Reiner Braun
@amwexia @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @Ver @Crunch @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee
@Checkpoint

The others had already begun to strike at the Airship, and for the moment, Reiner focused as hard as he could on defending against the next salvo, as opposed to joining in the fighting.

However, he took a brief moment to break his stance once he saw someone falling from the air. From where he was standing, he could just barely make out Lapis, unconscious, and apparently not waking up just yet.

4uH91YA.png

"Crap! Why did she-...?" He thought, though he soon abandoned the idea of trying to figure out what had just happened, in favor of swiftly moving to save her.

Reaching out with his hand, he quickly tried to catch her, gently grasping her in his hand as he shifted his position, now enveloping her within his arms, forming a brief sort of shield to protect her as well as he once more braced for the airship's next salvo, should it still be intact, hoping to shield his allies from the worst of its blasts.​

BOOM!

A rupturing shockwave of force blew outward from the contact between Dhaos' hand and Titus' fist, sending rocks and debris hurtling away from the two men. Titus dug his boots into the dirt, steeling his position against the sorcerer and chomping down on his teeth. His engineered muscles strained painfully beneath the stopping force of the man's palm.

But he didn't stop trying to get his fist into Dhaos' face.

While the sorcerer grinned and threw insults, the Space Marine refused to relent. All he could react with was a hate-filled gaze, which he cast into the other man's golden eyes. The power fist's outer plating began to whine beneath the pressure. Titus leaned forward, forcing the entirety of his weight into his fist. One of the metal knuckles bent inward at a sharp angle before snapping. Its power generator started to overheat. The crackling energy field surrounding the fist began to falter and fade.

By the time Dhaos finished talking, the field generator had failed. Titus' prized weapon was now a powerless, oversized metal fist. And yet, the Astartes continued to push against the sorcerer's palm.

Titus couldn't see. He couldn't even hear. His eyes were glazed over and unfocused. He inhaled and exhaled haggard breaths that barely escaped his clenched teeth. Dhaos could see it as clear as day; the marine was like a rabid bull, any nobility or tactical prowess was overtaken by his desire to pulverize his face.

At that moment, Titus forgot why he was there. He forgot what he was fighting for. A haze of red consumed his vision. He couldn't see the other man's face anymore, just meat. Red meat. This world is so peaceful, and it made him angry. He wanted to kill it. To smash and break something until it was just meat and bone. He'd crush it, and cut it, and skin it, and rip it, and gouge it for the Emperor.

For the Emperor, he'd spill blood. He just wanted blood. Blood. Blood. BLOOD.

BOOM!

And then, his ears rang. The Astartes blinked, his haggard breathing slowing to slow, deep gasps. Dhaos was gone. A smoldering crater now lay where Dhaos was just a moment ago, dust and debris caking the marine's face as he stared down at the hole, stumbling forward like a delusional hospital patient. The side of his body hurt. Muffled yells and thundering sound were all that he could hear. A blurry, towering shadow passed over him - giant hands reaching out to grasp the dark blot in the sky.

His eyes fluttered.

He only had a moment to register the cannon shell soaring towards his chest.

"...!"

BOOOOOM!

A smoldering cerulean shadow soared past Riesbyfe's shield, slamming into a tree behind her and practically knowing it down. Titus' hulking frame slumped forward and hit the ground with a shuddering thud, smoke rising off his blackened shell. A robotic voice rattled off life sign warnings from somewhere in his armor, though the cold dirt now muffled it.

@amwexia @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @York @Ver @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Checkpoint

If anyone was observant, they would see they were short one cowboy. This was because Jack had started walking away. He figured that two things would happen: 1. The soldiers would let him (unlikely) or 2. The soldiers would pursue him, giving the rest of the group a chance to go on. Either way, he was bigger and most likely stronger than all these locals combined. What was there to lose?

@Jeremi @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Ottonomous Ghost @Donder172

Raven just shrugged at Milla. "Hey don't look at me. It's your guild they're looking after." As Raven spoke Flynn's and his eyes met for the briefest of moments.

"Be that as it may, you will be taken into questioning as well. One of you assaulted one of the guards and he has the bite marks to verify it, the other part was loitering and otherwise suspicious activity."

"And if we refuse?" Bayonetta asked obviously knowing what was to come.

"Then we'll have to take you by force, an option I don't wish to take nor do you." Flynn looked over the group with serious eyes. "So what will it be?"

If anyone was observant, they would see they were short one cowboy. This was because Jack had started walking away. He figured that two things would happen: 1. The soldiers would let him (unlikely) or 2. The soldiers would pursue him, giving the rest of the group a chance to go on. Either way, he was bigger and most likely stronger than all these locals combined. What was there to lose?

"..."

The shinobi's eyes flickered between the various officials threatening the group's freedom. As the situation grew more tense, he rested his prosthetic hand upon Kusabimaru's sheath, ready to release it. The words Isshin said to him prior to his departure echoed in his head. 'Don't forget, Sekiro. Hesitate, and you lose... That is the way of war.' Indeed, he was fighting a very delicate war where time could not be wasted. Not to mention the conflict plaguing Ashina back home, Wolf could not spare the time to go along with third-party demands. He could feel his intent to kill rising; those who defy Kuro's will must surely be slain not a moment later...

But then, he remembered. Kuro's will. The Divine Heir detested immortality and its habit of turning men into fearless monsters. Wolf realized he mustn't give in to the power entrusted to him; rushing toward a battalion of soldiers with no fear of death is not how a human lives.

h4Y2QqZ.png

He relaxed his grip on the scabbard. Instead, he began fiddling with his synthetic arm. From a distance, it looked like he was a cripple with a shoddily crafted prosthetic, struggling to get it to work properly. However, the group would see that he was meticulously loading firecrackers. All the while, he paid close attention to the guards' next moves.

4mc3bch.png

If they advanced even a little bit, he would hurl the firecrackers at them and flee. The explosion detonated after a delay, causing the horses to go wild with fear at the loud noises and flashing lights. The bright lights and smoke would also momentarily disorient any men that tried to make sense of the situation.

If not, then he would simply follow Jack.​

Last edited:

DPfpB9R.jpg

@Checkpoint
Billy Batson/Shazam

Ries19.png

BOOM!

A rupturing shockwave of force blew outward from the contact between Dhaos' hand and Titus' fist, sending rocks and debris hurtling away from the two men. Titus dug his boots into the dirt, steeling his position against the sorcerer and chomping down on his teeth. His engineered muscles strained painfully beneath the stopping force of the man's palm.

But he didn't stop trying to get his fist into Dhaos' face.

While the sorcerer grinned and threw insults, the Space Marine refused to relent. All he could react with was a hate-filled gaze, which he cast into the other man's golden eyes. The power fist's outer plating began to whine beneath the pressure. Titus leaned forward, forcing the entirety of his weight into his fist. One of the metal knuckles bent inward at a sharp angle before snapping. Its power generator started to overheat. The crackling energy field surrounding the fist began to falter and fade.

By the time Dhaos finished talking, the field generator had failed. Titus' prized weapon was now a powerless, oversized metal fist. And yet, the Astartes continued to push against the sorcerer's palm.

Titus couldn't see. He couldn't even hear. His eyes were glazed over and unfocused. He inhaled and exhaled haggard breaths that barely escaped his clenched teeth. Dhaos could see it as clear as day; the marine was like a rabid bull, any nobility or tactical prowess was overtaken by his desire to pulverize his face.

At that moment, Titus forgot why he was there. He forgot what he was fighting for. A haze of red consumed his vision. He couldn't see the other man's face anymore, just meat. Red meat. This world is so peaceful, and it made him angry. He wanted to kill it. To smash and break something until it was just meat and bone. He'd crush it, and cut it, and skin it, and rip it, and gouge it for the Emperor.

For the Emperor, he'd spill blood. He just wanted blood. Blood. Blood. BLOOD.

BOOM!

And then, his ears rang. The Astartes blinked, his haggard breathing slowing to slow, deep gasps. Dhaos was gone. A smoldering crater now lay where Dhaos was just a moment ago, dust and debris caking the marine's face as he stared down at the hole, stumbling forward like a delusional hospital patient. The side of his body hurt. Muffled yells and thundering sound were all that he could hear. A blurry, towering shadow passed over him - giant hands reaching out to grasp the dark blot in the sky.

His eyes fluttered.

He only had a moment to register the cannon shell soaring towards his chest.

"...!"

BOOOOOM!

A smoldering cerulean shadow soared past Riesbyfe's shield, slamming into a tree behind her and practically knowing it down. Titus' hulking frame slumped forward and hit the ground with a shuddering thud, smoke rising off his blackened shell. A robotic voice rattled off life sign warnings from somewhere in his armor, though the cold dirt now muffled it.

@amwexia @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @York @Ver @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Checkpoint

Little My watched as the fighting erupted around her. Surprisingly, she’s rather unphased by the entire ordeal.

Ries told everyone to take cover, so she attempted to, behind a tree.

That’s when Titus slammed into the tree and the tree fell over, slamming on top of her.

She was unharmed since none of the tree branches hit her, but she did get stuck.

“HEY!!!” She shouted, “I’M STUCK! GET ME OUT OF HERE!!”

@Ver @Crunch @York @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Checkpoint

Billy Batson/Shazam

To Shazam's surprise he'd find the electricity hit the airship only to be absorbed by it. Dhaos looked down at him with a smirk before he vanished into the ship.

DPfpB9R.jpg

@Checkpoint

The lance was countered by an attack from the ship itself as the stored electricity absorbed from Shazam's attack fired back causing a massive explosion in the middle of the air followed by more bombardments from the cannons.

Before they could hit the ground however they'd be blocked with a crimson shield enveloping around the area. "We can't stay here!" Wanda had recovered from the prior explosion and was doing her best to keep the assault at bay. It was clear however that she couldn't protect them for much longer.

Looking around the group would find the Revanchist still scrambling on the ground trying to escape their own bombings and there a bit further away from the current battlefield they could see it.

Another airship still on the ground. It might just be their ticket out of here.

@Checkpoint

"We simply don't have time to come with you," Milla said. She thought for a moment, eventually deciding to conjure her sword. "It's a matter of great importance. Besides, I assure you, you and your soldiers won't be able to take us down."

"Threats will do you no good," Flynn assured Milla as the guards behind him started to get a bit antsy. He looked over to both Chise and Milla as they spoke. "And I assure you that we don't have time to waste either. The logical choice would be for you to join me back into the city so that we can get this entire thing sorted out."

@Jeremi @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Ottonomous Ghost @Donder172

"Stop right there!" One of the guards behind Flynn shouted as he readied his horse to chase after Jack.

"No stand down!" Flynn tried in vain to reel him in when Wolf struck.

@Ver @Jeremi @Donder172 @Takumi @Ottonomous Ghost @Yun Lee @Forest

"..."

The shinobi's eyes flickered between the various officials threatening the group's freedom. As the situation grew more tense, he rested his prosthetic hand upon Kusabimaru's sheath, ready to release it. The words Isshin said to him prior to his departure echoed in his head. 'Don't forget, Sekiro. Hesitate, and you lose... That is the way of war.' Indeed, he was fighting a very delicate war where time could not be wasted. Not to mention the conflict plaguing Ashina back home, Wolf could not spare the time to go along with third-party demands. He could feel his intent to kill rising; those who defy Kuro's will must surely be slain not a moment later...

But then, he remembered. Kuro's will. The Divine Heir detested immortality and its habit of turning men into fearless monsters. Wolf realized he mustn't give in to the power entrusted to him; rushing toward a battalion of soldiers with no fear of death is not how a human lives.

h4Y2QqZ.png

He relaxed his grip on the scabbard. Instead, he began fiddling with his synthetic arm. From a distance, it looked like he was a cripple with a shoddily crafted prosthetic, struggling to get it to work properly. However, the group would see that he was meticulously loading firecrackers. All the while, he paid close attention to the guards' next moves.

4mc3bch.png

If they advanced even a little bit, he would hurl the firecrackers at them and flee. They would explode after a delay, causing the horses to go wild with fear at the loud noises and flashing lights. The bright lights and smoke would also momentarily disorient any men that tried to make sense of the situation.

If not, then he would simply follow Jack.

The ensuing fireworks explosion caused a lot of smoke and a lot of panicked horsing trampling about as even some of the knights were thrown off. "Looks like this is our cue!" Raven replied making a mad dash to the forest. "Hurry along will ya? These clowns won't find us in there!"

"No stop!" Flynn called after them in the smoke. "Raven, come back this instant!"

Bayonetta gave the chaos one final look as she changed into her cat form and made a dash towards the forest. Hopefully, the others would follow.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Ottonomous Ghost @Donder172

To Shazam's surprise he'd find the electricity hit the airship only to be absorbed by it. Dhaos looked down at him with a smirk before he vanished into the ship.

The lance was countered by an attack from the ship itself as the stored electricity absorbed from Shazam's attack fired back causing a massive explosion in the middle of the air followed by more bombardments from the cannons.

Before they could hit the ground however they'd be blocked with a crimson shield enveloping around the area. "We can't stay here!" Wanda had recovered from the prior explosion and was doing her best to keep the assault at bay. It was clear however that she couldn't protect them for much longer.

Looking around the group would find the Revanchist still scrambling on the ground trying to escape their own bombings and there a bit further away from the current battlefield they could see it.

Another airship still on the ground. It might just be their ticket out of here.

@Checkpoint

"Threats will do you no good," Flynn assured Milla as the guards behind him started to get a bit antsy. He looked over to both Chise and Milla as they spoke. "And I assure you that we don't have time to waste either. The logical choice would be for you to join me back into the city so that we can get this entire thing sorted out."

"Stop right there!" One of the guards behind Flynn shouted as he readied his horse to chase after Jack.

The ensuing fireworks explosion caused a lot of smoke and a lot of panicked horsing trampling about as even some of the knights were thrown off. "Looks like this is our cue!" Raven replied making a mad dash to the forest. "Hurry along will ya? These clowns won't find us in there!"

"No stop!" Flynn called after them in the smoke. "Raven, come back this instant!"

Bayonetta gave the chaos one final look as she changed into her cat form and made a dash towards the forest. Hopefully, the others would follow.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Ottonomous Ghost @Donder172

With the smoke and sound from the fireworks to distract them the young immortal gave one last to where the knights were before following after Raven and Beyonetta.

7528a746870a46969766050fe84e0fc5aabc3b48.jpg

"You know him personally?" She asked Raven then as she tried to keep up with the two.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Ottonomous Ghost @Donder172 @Forest

Billy Batson/ Shazam

Billy really hated that his powers had been used against him.He however did get over the shock and would run over and pick up Little My from the tree branches as Wanda would put up the shield. " We got to get to the other airship. We are sitting ducks just waiting if we stay here," he replied. He would also put Little My on his shoulders if she would let him.

@York @Jeremi @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @amwexia @Crunch @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee
@Checkpoint

Billy Batson/ Shazam

Billy really hated that his powers had been used against him.He however did get over the shock and would run over and pick up Little My from the tree branches as Wanda would put up the shield. " We got to get to the other airship. We are sitting ducks just waiting if we stay here," he replied. He would also put Little My on his shoulders if she would let him.

@York @Jeremi @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @amwexia @Crunch @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee

@Checkpoint

When Billy took Little My from the tangle of branches she found herself in, she was shocked at first.

She looked back at Billy before putting her arms out.

“WOOOO!!!” she shouted “YEAH HA HA!!!”

She laughed and giggled all the way to the airship, where she kicked off of Billy and landed on the ground with a big THUD!

She laughed her somewhat shrill laugh, which subsided after a minute, after which she looked around for Ries.

@Lucky @Jeremi @Ver @York @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Checkpoint

Bringing a hand to run through her hair Chise couldn't help but sigh a little before glancing to those within her group. When Milla conjured her sword, Chise's grip on her staff tightened as she held it almost defensively.

"We really don't have time for this sort of thing." She frowned.

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Donder172 @Ottonomous Ghost @Forest
James moved his hand over his holstered revolver as the woman made a sword appear out of thin air.

As the guard began pursuit, James quickly drew his revolver and fired a shot aimed at the head of the horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back