Status
Not open for further replies.
fyJAY0y.jpg

"I don't know, but we're about to find out," Nanomech says, then refers to Schala, "well, looks like I won't be helping you cheat at card games... not that they have any prizes for winning. Also for anyone on the outside entering, we could use like one or two people hanging around the net bazookas."

Nanomech flew out of Schala's hair and lowered himself to thigh levels before flying around, pausing to land on Revanchist soldier boots before flying out again. Over time, he would get closer to the two dudes in the corner. He would land on the back of one of their uniforms, keeping a close ear on their conversation about the leader.

@York @Crow @Yun Lee

@Jeremi @Kaykay (Commlink)​
Frank (and by extension Guy) were led straight through the crowd by their Hun. The fellow at the table, a surly looking Hun, looked up at the two.

The first nodded at Frank. "Needs an emblem."

The second looked Frank over, to which the first said, "Uniform's being washed."

That got a raised eyebrow, but it appeared the second Hun didn't care much. "Take a seat," he said. "You're lucky we got a few of these left over."

@Jeremi @Sark

---

As Ren walked through, he went unnoticed by the Revanchist forces, blending in quite nicely both in appearance and countenance. A few conversations would catch his ear as he passed through:

-A trio of soldiers cleaning their weapons, talking of "Revan"

-A small gathering of Huns speaking about "The Great Spirit"

-A Hun and soldier looking over their emblems and talking about "Secret Weapons"

Incidentally, he could spot Schala nearby a poker table.

@Kaykay

---

From where Schala stood, she could hear the conversation from the table:

"I'm tellin' you, it doesn't make sense. The boss doesn't take prisoners...and little girls at that."

"You really think the redhead's as powerful as she said? Think she could really kill all of us?"

"Who knows? With The Order, I got no idea what to expect. But the boss seems to think she's worth something..."

"Maybe so, but what about the little girl? Has he told you anything about her?"

"Well, no, but..."

At this point, Schala could either move on or stay and listen a bit longer.

@York

---

Ben would hear the following:

"That guy gives me the creeps..."

"Shan Yu? Yeah. His eyes kinda just bore into you, don't they? My blood runs cold just seeing them."

"Everyone seems to respect him, though. He tells someone to do something and they get it done...even if it seems kinda weird."

"I get why Revan wanted him on his side, then. The man's a natural leader."

"Yeah, but I do wonder about something..."

At this point, Ben could either move on or stay and listen.

@Crow
Schala Zeal
@Yun Lee @Others?

Schala wanted to stick around, but at the same time, she was cautious now. She hadn't heard from Ben, which either meant two things; 1) he was really concentrated on his work, or 2) he was caught.

In either case, she had to get the information she needed, then get out.

Though as she stayed and listened some more, the talk about that girl drawing her attention somewhat, she got more paranoid, starting to carefully glance around the area whenever she had the chance, preparing to cast a spell and quickly get out of dodge if need be.

While for the most part she kept her cool, there was this sinking feeling welling up within her...​

"So let me guess. You killed him, didn't you?"

A voice spoke up, and a figure emerged from the shadows. Inverted in coloring, Ben would recognize him right away...and so would Will, for different reasons.

View attachment 3955

"How'd you do it? Slice the child up with your sword? Use that Quintessence of yours to obliterate him into dust? You did at least force his father to watch, did you not? If this truly was traumatic enough to turn you into the sociopath you are today, I assume his death by your hand must have been truly gruesome indeed."

@Crow @Hahli Nuva

lCyTblI.jpg

"Albedo!"

Ben, still in net, rises up to punch the palette-swapped doppelgengar of a former Galvan in the face.

"If you're looking for chili fries, you won't find them here."

@Hahli Nuva @Yun Lee

Kitty turned off her commlink as soon as she realised that not only was she unable to do anything, but she could also hear the issues happening on the other end. This was the position she hated most of all, simply watching as people needed her help. Even she knew they really didn't, Kitty couldn't bear to watch people in trouble, and Ben getting captured was the last straw, and if Kitty could, she would have broken her comm. She crossed her arms, and while stoic, clearly showed that she was far more impatient and less friendly.

"Of course, we're going to save your sister, you didn't need to ask so much. Come on, start up your....teleportation magic already."

Kitty smirked when she wondered if she could intentionally get caught by Revenchrist, so she gets depowered specifically, and then spend a few hours without annoying malicious thoughts. But that was a crazy thought, and saying it as a joke was in poor taste so she kept it to herself. She closed her eyes as the teleportation magic started, and then, almost instantly, opened her eyes when she knew they were in a new area. She felt very uneasy, extremely so.

"...You think something is wrong?"

Kitty sarcastically muttered that, and then turned around to see the man. She gave the man a raised eyebrow, although it was only out of simple courtesy that Kitty kept herself from walking up and demanding things. She took a deep breath, as she did exactly that.

"What are you looking at? Your intentions? Who are you, anyways?"

@Atomic Knight @Lucky @Crimson Spartan @HealThyWounds @Gummi Bunnies @Ver @Jackythejack @Yun Lee @Minerva @Donder172 @CrunchyCHEEZIT

The man didn't respond.

But it wasn't long before the reason was obvious, as he stepped toward the group and walked right through Eleanor. The girl yelped and brandished her spear as the man turned transparent and passed right through her. He moved through the whole group like this and walked to an electronic console next to the pod. He casually tapped at the device for a moment before taking a step back and watching as the pod released its contents. There was a hiss of air and a stream of smoke that obscured whoever and whatever was inside.

"Hold on..." Eleanor muttered, lowering her spear in awe. "This can't be right..."

Ludger let out a long sigh. "We're definitely in the White Prison," he declared. He crossed his arms and watched as the pod readied to release its captive. "The submerged structure was once a Coalition prison. There was a prison break and someone sent the prison to Silent Earth, where it was lost. However, it should not still be operational. Whatever we're seeing, it can't be the present..."

@Crimson Spartan @HealThyWounds @Space_Candy @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jackythejack @Yun Lee @MelodyMeister @Minerva @Donder172

"That's not what I'm hungry for." Albedo smiled as Ben's fist connected with his jaw...and fell right through him as if he were nothing more than smoke. "Careful what you wish for, Ben," he said. "You just might get it."

He turned back to Will. "Wait a moment...I'm confused. Was that whole story supposed to mean anything? Here I thought you were going to explain why you enjoy killing anyone who disagrees with you but instead all you did was brag about how merciful you were as a child despite this council of yours wanting you to kill things. When did you go off the deep end? Who was your first kill?"

@Crow @Hahli Nuva

---

"Is he, like, the guy who released it, then?" Severa readied herself for whatever came next. Ugh, who cared about some stupid prison show?! They had to find that sister before the Revanchist made their move!

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Lucky @MelodyMeister

"Or... have we gone back into the past?!" Eleanor asked anxiously.

Ludger shook his head. "No... the past can leave imprints in places like Silent Earth, where malevolence is strong. Thoughts and memories can project as illusions, remember?" He looked to Severa. "As for who this man is, I am not entirely sure..."

The pod finally finished opening. The smoke dissipated and a female figure fell out of the pod. She got to her feet slowly, long black hair obscuring most of her face. She looked up at the man who had released her more with rage than gratitude.

PmHesun.gif

"Who the hell are you?" asked the woman.

The silver-haired man smiled. "Your rescuer, of course," he replied. The woman didn't seem amused by his non-answer. "It matters little who I am. I've simply come to get you out of this place."

"Whatever you say," she said gruffly, shaking off the sleep from her body. "Do you know a man named Artorious? I want you to tell me where he is. If not, I will kill you."

Eleanor was shaking her head at the scene playing out before the group. "This woman was named Velvet. I remember that she was a daemon Artorious, the former Coalition exorcist leader, imprisoned here for her crimes... she then later escaped and hunted him down. She killed him, but died in the battle."

"The Great Spirit, Verius was felled in that battle as well..." This seemed to connect in a way that Ludger couldn't quite place. "Who is this man that is freeing her? We never were able to determine how exactly the White Prison fell."

@Crimson Spartan @HealThyWounds @Space_Candy @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jackythejack @Yun Lee @MelodyMeister @Minerva @Donder172

"That's the thing."

Ben sternly looks at Will.

"I understand them. But that doesn't mean I can respect them. Acting like a madwoman is precisely what got you here, what broke the barrier around the Spirit back there, and it's precisely why I consider you a threat to the team as a whole."

During this, Ben continues to let dark thoughts of his enemies into his mind until he was able to see them.

@Hahli Nuva @Yun Lee

The Hun that Guy Gardner bumped into just so happened to be the same one that stepped on the sphere. The sphere rolled off the soles of his fur boots and bumped into Gardner's Lantern uniform-covered feet, basking in the bent light to stay invisible as it expanded to an observable size, visible only to Gardner.

@Sark @Jeremi @Yun Lee
"The thing you drink that makes you feel fu-" He didn't have time to finish his sentence as the Hun squabble began. "Hey hey fellas, no need to fight." He stopped himself. "On second thought, yeah! That was inconsiderate of you! You should like, settle your differences!" He was hovering over his Hun friend like a boxing coach. "You just gonna let him treat you like that?"

Frank usually tried his best to keep his cosmic awareness as dulled as possible. He was after all only a man. An undead man with the Spirit of Vengeance and the Power Cosmic. A deadly combination that left him rather loopy and unpredictable. But at times he caught glimpses. Thoughts. "Yeah you can't bash yours skulls in here, think of the children!" Frank did his best to shoo the crowd away from the scene. "You guys gotta have an arena or something right? You seem like arena guys to me."

@Sark @Yun Lee

As the guards began their scuffle, Guy clenched his jaw and held his breath. He had been careless. Clumsy. He had let his gaurd fall. Had almost cost Frank his mission, and his life. Damn it all!

As voices were raised and tempers ignited, the Green Lantern began to slowly walk backwards, placing as much distance between himself and and the Revanchist's as possible. One Phantom push could be written off as the mind playing tricks. But two Phantom pushes? A pattern like that might be enough to put a guard on edge. There was now use taking any stupid risks and--

---oh, hello....

With slow, calculated movements, Guy picked up the sphere. Hidden behind his barrier, he observed the curious thing. It didn't seem like a bomb. That was comfort to know. It didn't glow or buzz it do anything that might arise suspicion beyond its sudden growth. Guy, calling upon the sum of all his years of education, could say, without a shadow of a doubt, that--

--he had no clue what he was dealing with.

All he could gather was that the ball seemed hard... The kind of thing that you'd rather not find hurtling towards your head. Throwing the sphere into the air, Guy summoned an emerald baseball bat, and, with a mighty swing, sent the sphere flying out from behind his barrier of invisibility and towards the growing crowd. Bending the light the projectile, Guy attempted to plant the invisible ball upon one of the brute's forehead. Sithvany luck, the sudden strike might have been written off as punch, and escalate the squabble into an all-out fist fight.

Fighting the Hun was one way to cause a distraction. But pushing the Huns to riot? Now that would provide them enough cover to find out whatever they needed, and possibly cement Frank's cover as one of their own.

All he had to do was smack him with a classic Gardener Hard-Ball Special...

@Yun Lee @Crow @Jeremi

"That's not what I'm hungry for." Albedo smiled as Ben's fist connected with his jaw...and fell right through him as if he were nothing more than smoke. "Careful what you wish for, Ben," he said. "You just might get it."

He turned back to Will. "Wait a moment...I'm confused. Was that whole story supposed to mean anything? Here I thought you were going to explain why you enjoy killing anyone who disagrees with you but instead all you did was brag about how merciful you were as a child despite this council of yours wanting you to kill things. When did you go off the deep end? Who was your first kill?"

@Crow @Hahli Nuva

Will narrowed her eyes at the illusion.

"Begone from here, demon! I am not a sociopath. You're lucky we're trapped in these nets..."

@Crow @Yun Lee

Kitty stepped away from the man and the pod, walking further to the sides as to a better view of what's happening. She needed to just watch instead of acting currently, she couldn't explain why, but Kitty felt...on edge, was it because her main reason for hating teleportation (Getting the destination wrong) came true, or was it residue from the feeling that everyone go earlier, she didn't know. But Kitty wasn't going to try anything, she was just going to watch, like the unhelping, uncaring miser of a Shrinekeeper Apprentice she (thought she) was.

"Not like we can get out of this memory of the past before the memory ends...but perhaps we should stay for a while longer. This might be the moment this prison fell, when a villain escaped, with the help of an unidentified man."

Kitty once again, found herself snarking, as if she was that foolish, sixteen-year old hero again.

"The current prisons better not be this pathetic. Then again, villains like her always seem to escape prisons, the more 'Maximum Security', the more escapable it is. What kinda prison was this anyways, low-security for lowlifes, or was supposed to be a prison like Her Majesty's Prison Belmarsh?"

She really needed get her head back in order, this wasn't her at all.

@Atomic Knight @Crimson Spartan @HealThyWounds @Space_Candy @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jackythejack @Yun Lee@MelodyMeister @Minerva @Donder172

As the guards began their scuffle, Guy clenched his jaw and held his breath. He had been careless. Clumsy. He had let his gaurd fall. Had almost cost Frank his mission, and his life. Damn it all!

As voices were raised and tempers ignited, the Green Lantern began to slowly walk backwards, placing as much distance between himself and and the Revanchist's as possible. One Phantom push could be written off as the mind playing tricks. But two Phantom pushes? A pattern like that might be enough to put a guard on edge. There was now use taking any stupid risks and--

---oh, hello....

With slow, calculated movements, Guy picked up the sphere. Hidden behind his barrier, he observed the curious thing. It didn't seem like a bomb. That was comfort to know. It didn't glow or buzz it do anything that might arise suspicion beyond its sudden growth. Guy, calling upon the sum of all his years of education, could say, without a shadow of a doubt, that--

--he had no clue what he was dealing with.

All he could gather was that the ball seemed hard... The kind of thing that you'd rather not find hurtling towards your head. Throwing the sphere into the air, Guy summoned an emerald baseball bat, and, with a mighty swing, sent the sphere flying out from behind his barrier of invisibility and towards the growing crowd. Bending the light the projectile, Guy attempted to plant the invisible ball upon one of the brute's forehead. Sithvany luck, the sudden strike might have been written off as punch, and escalate the squabble into an all-out fist fight.

Fighting the Hun was one way to cause a distraction. But pushing the Huns to riot? Now that would provide them enough cover to find out whatever they needed, and possibly cement Frank's cover as one of their own.

All he had to do was smack him with a classic Gardener Hard-Ball Special...

@Yun Lee @Crow @Jeremi

Should the ball hit the forehead of the distracted Hun, its color-parted halves would open as some strange light send out a furry little animal of sorts that would start off by tackling the lower back of a seperate Hun to use as a jumping platform. Afterwhich, it would wink as various 'phantom hearts' containing concentrated miasma popped out of nothingness, aiming about for the general crowd of foes in a radius. Any Hun- no- any man hit by these strange, pink heart-shaped projectile would begin to be under some kind of love spell or attract status, where they would begin to believe that surrounding parties who were also under such a spell(and even some who were unaffected by the spell) were wooing the same woman which would arouse deep, wicked jealousy. The name the affected would chant in any possible dazed confessions of love was 'Spongebabe Square Pante'. They would intepret this person in their mind as their ideal partner, as opposed to the true face of their charmer.

The creature then landed on the ground, before it rushed to join the side of Frank and Guy Gardner.

pokemon-letsgo-pikachueevee-jul122018-14.jpg

"Bui bui~."

The sphere itself on the other hand would return to Guy.

All this was visible to Guy Gardner, but none of it was visible to others at all, meaning that the enemies were unable to detect the creature, the flash of light that conjured it or its actions and projectiles by vision. Everything here just happened so quickly...

If anyone was smart enough to cast their fancy dancy nets, there'd be a good chance that someone who was dumb enough to get charmed would take the hit.

@Yun Lee @Sark @Jeremi

Will narrowed her eyes at the illusion.

"Begone from here, demon! I am not a sociopath. You're lucky we're trapped in these nets..."

@Crow @Yun Lee

"If you were ugly like Vilgax, I'd probably be the slightest bit intimidated, but now that you're wearing my face..."

Ben looked Albedo dead in the eye.

"... I'm not gonna stand idly by. What's your plan?"

@Hahli Nuva @Yun Lee

Last edited:
The whole reason they were here was for the Great Spirit. However, he was pretty sure that his uniform was separate from those Huns'. The thought of grouping up with Schala occurred to him, but he wasn't sure how they'd corroborate their stories if anything with south since they hadn't really spoken a word to each other beforehand. It was probably best if he just flew solo and made sure nothing bad happened.

Not wanting to stand with the wrong group, Ren moved to stand somewhat near the two talking about "secret weapons". Head tilted upwards, a thoughtful expression ran across his face. Just looking to appear like a tired guard, he listened in on the secret weapons conversation from a bit of distance away, also keeping tabs on Schala and Frank with his sixth sense.

Breathing, heart beat, mental state, he could track that in an area approximately equal to a normal building if he focused. Admittedly he was surprised to suddenly feel Guy's presence. Now to just listen in...

@Yun Lee

Schala heard the following:

"He seemed kind of...excited when he caught that first girl. Didn't you see it?"

"Yeah, I did. It was weird, too. I know our boss, and he couldn't care less about children, or anything like that. So for him to take such an interest in a girl like that..."

"It means she's probably something special, huh?"

"Mhm. Oh...hey, you." One of the soldiers pointed at Schala. "You've been standing here a while. You need something?"

@York

---

As the little Eevee made tbe attack, the Huns were stunned...for all of about ten seconds. Buddy's charm attack had absolutely no effect on anyone in the area, and the group around looked wildly for the source of what the Hell happened.

"There was a sound over here, by this guy!" The Hun at the table cried, pointing at Frank. Within seconds, a large net was cast over him, large enough to catch Guy and Buddy, as well. The latter two would become visible, as would the Pokeball at Guy's feet.

The Hun Frank had first met pointed at the net. "See, you idiot? THAT'S what you bumped into, not me!!"

"What?! But I didn't even see him!"

"Of course you didn't! He was spying for The Order!" He turned to Frank. "Hold on! He's one of ours!"

"IS he?" The Hun at the table narrowed his eyes. "He's acted very odd this entire time. No uniform, no emblem, saying he preferred our company to that of...losers and squares? And now trying to incite a riot! There better be a good reason for you acting like a lunatic, other than the obvious reason that you're yet another spy for The Order!"

@Jeremi @Sark @Crow

---

"Or what, you'd kill me? Curious how you're not a sociopath and yet murdering anything in your way is always your first instict. I mean, you held Ben here at knifepoint when he reminded you of your loss to him in a tournament. And I could tell you were just itching to cut Schala open for stopping you from a Revanchist bloodbath. I'm surprised you didn't hack away at Frank when he started calling you stupid! Which, by the way, you totally are."

To Ben, Albedo merely smiled. "Oh please, Ben. I couldn't care less about any insults you can sling my way. I'm only doing what you wanted me to. You wanted an old friend to come along, so I responded in kind." He nodded at Will. "I'm just taking care of business for you, is all."

@Crow @Hahli Nuva

---

Ren would hear the following:

"I really don't understand what we need the nets for. The Order can't possibly all be magical, could they?"

"I doubt it, but they also know Silent Earth better than we do. It's a bit of a way to even out the playing field in case of an attack."

"I suppose so, but like that boy was saying. Is it truly a sign of weakness to negate their magical powers? You're one of his army, what's that about?"

"Shan Yu and our kind value physical ability over all else. When someone relies on magic and spells to fight, we consider it a sign of not only weakness, but cowardice. That's why we have these nets, but we also have..."

Ren could either continue to listen or move along.

@Kaykay

Schala heard the following:

"He seemed kind of...excited when he caught that first girl. Didn't you see it?"

"Yeah, I did. It was weird, too. I know our boss, and he couldn't care less about children, or anything like that. So for him to take such an interest in a girl like that..."

"It means she's probably something special, huh?"

"Mhm. Oh...hey, you." One of the soldiers pointed at Schala. "You've been standing here a while. You need something?"

@York

---

As the little Eevee made tbe attack, the Huns were stunned...for all of about ten seconds. Buddy's charm attack had absolutely no effect on anyone in the area, and the group around looked wildly for the source of what the Hell happened.

"There was a sound over here, by this guy!" The Hun at the table cried, pointing at Frank. Within seconds, a large net was cast over him, large enough to catch Guy and Buddy, as well. The latter two would become visible, as would the Pokeball at Guy's feet.

The Hun Frank had first met pointed at the net. "See, you idiot? THAT'S what you bumped into, not me!!"

"What?! But I didn't even see him!"

"Of course you didn't! He was spying for The Order!" He turned to Frank. "Hold on! He's one of ours!"

"IS he?" The Hun at the table narrowed his eyes. "He's acted very odd this entire time. No uniform, no emblem, saying he preferred our company to that of...losers and squares? And now trying to incite a riot! There better be a good reason for you acting like a lunatic, other than the obvious reason that you're yet another spy for The Order!"

@Jeremi @Sark @Crow

---

"Or what, you'd kill me? Curious how you're not a sociopath and yet murdering anything in your way is always your first instict. I mean, you held Ben here at knifepoint when he reminded you of your loss to him in a tournament. And I could tell you were just itching to cut Schala open for stopping you from a Revanchist bloodbath. I'm surprised you didn't hack away at Frank when he started calling you stupid! Which, by the way, you totally are."

To Ben, Albedo merely smiled. "Oh please, Ben. I couldn't care less about any insults you can sling my way. I'm only doing what you wanted me to. You wanted an old friend to come along, so I responded in kind." He nodded at Will. "I'm just taking care of business for you, is all."

@Crow @Hahli Nuva

---

Ren would hear the following:

"I really don't understand what we need the nets for. The Order can't possibly all be magical, could they?"

"I doubt it, but they also know Silent Earth better than we do. It's a bit of a way to even out the playing field in case of an attack."

"I suppose so, but like that boy was saying. Is it truly a sign of weakness to negate their magical powers? You're one of his army, what's that about?"

"Shan Yu and our kind value physical ability over all else. When someone relies on magic and spells to fight, we consider it a sign of not only weakness, but cowardice. That's why we have these nets, but we also have..."

Ren could either continue to listen or move along.

@Kaykay

Surprisingly to Frank as the net fell he returned back to the scruffy tired old man he looked like when he wasn't fueling the Spirit of Vengeance through him. He had to remember to kick who ever did that in the dick when he figured it out. "Guys, guys!" He started trying to get everyone's attention.

"Do you know why I like you more then those assholes in their crappy outfits and even crappier personalities? Cause I know you guys do the work!" He looked around the Huns that were present. "You get the job done! You don't sit around waiting for big bro to tell ya what to do you do it and you get shit done! As someone who has lived for a million years and have a kill count that's about a trillion, give or take, shut up it's a real number. I can sympathize with that. And hey!" He pointed at the Hun sitting at the table. "Where I'm from if two guys are having a disagreement and neither wants to back down you beat the other guy into a pulp until he agrees with you! Not to mention..." He glanced over to the others trapped in the net and then motioned back to himself.

"You guys saw me in go mode and look at me now. Do I look like I'd actually want to stop you, unlike these," Frank sneered. "Bleeding hearts over here?"

@Yun Lee @Sark @Crow

Clap. Clap. Clap.

The crowd parted as none other than Shan Yu walked forward to the net, his falcon flying ahead to circle the captives. It eyed Buddy hungrily as it flew back and landed on Shan Yu's arm.

"Well said," the Hun leader nodded at Frank, a wicked grin on his face. "Those others we captured are quite embarrassing, aren't they? If I had just a day with them, those smartmouthed children would become fine warriors...but they both threatened me right away. But you...I see potential in a man like you."

"From the moment I heard of him I knew Revan and I would work together well. He has a vision, the means to accomplish it, and gets out there and does what he must to realize his goals. People like us aren't meant for endless bureaucracy and governmental meddling. Perhaps you just need a change of command?"

Shan Yu drew his sword, pointing it at Frank. "Swear your fealty to Revan, destroy that..." He motioned his sword to Frank's ear, where the commlink was now visible. "...thing, and throw these two into the building behind us. Do all that...and I'll happily welcome you into my ranks. Though let's not try to incite anymore riots, shall we? I prefer my men to receive their battle scars in actual battle, not in petty squabbles."

@Jeremi @Sark @Crow

"The Coalition has always had... bad luck with prisons," Ludger said, rubbing the back of his neck. "There was once both the Black and White prisons, but both fell, causing both loss of Coalition life and a great blow to our infrastructures. Prisoners are now outsourced and reformation is the ideal due process."

Eleanor shushed Ludger and pointed to Velvet, who was now circling her rescuer. The silver-haired man reached into a pocket of his jacket, causing her to ready herself. "Weapons," he said, tossing her a couple pieces of equipment. Velvet caught them and examined them. "Once we're free of this place, I'll tell you exactly where you can find that man."

Velvet considered this for a moment before putting the equipment on. Once she was done, she looked up, taking notice of the sound of the alarm. "What have you done?" she asked.

"You're not the only prisoner I freed," he said. "The commotion should assist us."

"Hrm." Velvet placed her hands on her hips. "Fine. Lead the way then."

The man moved to leave, but paused at the exit to the room. He turned his head slightly toward the group. "And what do we have here...?"

Velvet turned sharply to face the group. She grit her teeth and extended the blade from the bracelet on her wrist. "Are these the guards?!"

Eleanor looekd shocked. "Wait, you can see us...?"

Ludger held up his hands. "H-Hold on!"

But both the man and Velvet were already in motion. The man turned swiftly and dark energy flew toward the group while Velvet leaped forward and attempted to cut Eleanor in two.

Last edited:

Will froze up as she heard the monster in no uncertain terms call her out for her previous actions.

Then it all clicked.

It was true, wasn't it? Every single moment. The Keeper had let herself be consumed by Vengeance. Ben could recognize the defeat in her words as she dropped to her knees.

"Maybe he's right, Ben... Maybe I'm too far gone. Everything he said is true..."

@Crow @Yun Lee

Clap. Clap. Clap.

The crowd parted as none other than Shan Yu walked forward to the net, his falcon flying ahead to circle the captives. It eyed Buddy hungrily as it flew back and landed on Shan Yu's arm.

"Well said," the Hun leader nodded at Frank, a wicked grin on his face. "Those others we captured are quite embarrassing, aren't they? If I had just a day with them, those smartmouthed children would become fine warriors...but they both threatened me right away. But you...I see potential in a man like you."

"From the moment I heard of him I knew Revan and I would work together well. He has a vision, the means to accomplish it, and gets out there and does what he must to realize his goals. People like us aren't meant for endless bureaucracy and governmental meddling. Perhaps you just need a change of command?"

Shan Yu drew his sword, pointing it at Frank. "Swear your fealty to Revan, destroy that..." He motioned his sword to Frank's ear, where the commlink was now visible. "...thing, and throw these two into the building behind us. Do all that...and I'll happily welcome you into my ranks. Though let's not try to incite anymore riots, shall we? I prefer my men to receive their battle scars in actual battle, not in petty squabbles."

@Jeremi @Sark @Crow

"I've been Galactus and Thanos' errand boy already, what's another guy telling me what to do?"
Frank figured the names meant nothing for the man, but hey, you got to name drop some times right? "Destroying this is no problem, it's been nagging in my ear all day so that's no worries, but man, throw them into a building? I thought you were a guy of vision! I have something way more metal I can do to them."

@Yun Lee @Sark @Crow

"Oh, GREAT!" Severa groaned as the illusions started attacking. Jeez, here she was hoping to at least watch the show, but of course that was too easy. At least she had a weapon now, so she could help out.

Figuring the more magically-inclined of their number could handle the dark magic stuff, Severa rushed over to Eleanor, holding the lance Ben gave her up in an attempt to block Velvet's attack!

---

Albedo grinned as Will seemed to break, and he turned to his counterpart with a smug glimmer in his eye. "See, Ben? You see that? All your semantics and preaching got nowhere. Meanwhile, I tell it like it is? She folds right away. I bet I could've turned Jiren back before it was too late for him. Or Bane. Or Felix. Or Noembelu. Or Hell, even Dracula. Don't you get it? When all you do is preach about goodwill or quip snarky little one-liners, all it does is get you framed for murder or locked up. But don't you worry. When I'm through with you? Maybe you'll actually be able to save someone for once."

@Crow @Hahli Nuva

---

"Oh really?" Shan Yu raised an eyebrow. "I'm open to suggestions...what do you have in mind?"

@Jeremi @Sark @Crow

"Oh, GREAT!" Severa groaned as the illusions started attacking. Jeez, here she was hoping to at least watch the show, but of course that was too easy. At least she had a weapon now, so she could help out.

Figuring the more magically-inclined of their number could handle the dark magic stuff, Severa rushed over to Eleanor, holding the lance Ben gave her up in an attempt to block Velvet's attack!

---

Albedo grinned as Will seemed to break, and he turned to his counterpart with a smug glimmer in his eye. "See, Ben? You see that? All your semantics and preaching got nowhere. Meanwhile, I tell it like it is? She folds right away. I bet I could've turned Jiren back before it was too late for him. Or Bane. Or Felix. Or Noembelu. Or Hell, even Dracula. Don't you get it? When all you do is preach about goodwill or quip snarky little one-liners, all it does is get you framed for murder or locked up. But don't you worry. When I'm through with you? Maybe you'll actually be able to save someone for once."

@Crow @Hahli Nuva

---

"Oh really?" Shan Yu raised an eyebrow. "I'm open to suggestions...what do you have in mind?"

@Jeremi @Sark @Crow

Frank grinned. "Ever seen a guy get dragged into hell before?"

@Yun Lee @Sark @Crow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back