Status
Not open for further replies.

"Hey, sure thing buddy. You do you." Guy sighed and slapped FF's shoulder as he passed her by. "If the bosses ring the bell, we better go perform our tricks."

"I am... not going to open that can of worms..."
Guy bit his tongue. "I'm going to take your word for it... But uhh... geez... don't go hurting yourself again, okay? I'm kinda out of my depth here, but... don't hurt yourself again... okay?"

@Atomic Knight @Lucky @amwexia @Gummi Bunnies @Officer's Quarters @HQ

'Yoda'
"Hmm... yes... betray us often, memories do..." 'Yoda' stammered. "Yes. Betray us... our memories do. Recollections, may not be as... easy to recall, they are?"
Son of a Sch'mag... he was going to blow it.

Why was talking like an infant so hard?

"Hmm... yes... judge him by his past, we should not..." Ah. Okay. He was finally getting a hang of the Imp's speaking patterns. He just had to keep up the act. Just a little longer. He just had to think of something wise to say. Something that wouldn't encourage any further questions."Saved for Sl'gur't, judgement should be."

Damn... He should have stayed in his Saiyan disguise. All he had to do as Broly was scream, punch, then scream so more. It was so much simpler!

"In order, introductions are. Yoda, I am. Yoda of..."

Wait. Yoda of... where was this creature from again? He couldn't remember for the life of him. Damn. Maybe he should have read through that briefing a few more times before he committed to hiding in this form. And the creature's infernal speech pattern! Should it be Yoda of Wherever, or Wherever of Yoda? Or Of, wherever Yoda? He kept his mouth shut. Things were better this way.

'Yoda' was not a fan of magic to say the least.
"Any other way to move us?"
Shit. He had blown it. Gotta try again.
"Any other means of transport, do you have?"
Shit.
"Any other way to move us, do you?"
Shit. He'd blown it.
"Move me, do not. I--"

At last, a request he could fulfil. With a mental command, 'Yoda' faded from view...

"A better way?"

The Invisible Creature snarled, his temper slipping.

"There's no better way. Our arms have been twisted. And my patience has worn thin."

"I loathe time travel. I loath disguises. I loath magic. Most of all, I loath that infernal Imp. To wear a body like his fills my stomach with bile. All wisdom and riddles. It's an irritating habit. 'Master Yoda' better pray that our paths never cost."

Slowly, 'Yoda' shed his invisible veil. As he seemed taller. Bulkier. With each passing second, his appearance grew increasingly unnatural. His skin grew darker. Wetter. His ears raised themselves. His chin grew increasingly pronounced.

"I've spent a week of my life muttering like a moron. First as Broly. Then as that dwarf. I can't take it anymore."
"Enough trickery! No more cloaks and Daggers!"

View attachment 4749
"If this boy wishes to kill us, I welcome the challenge. The Super Skrulls were bred for battle. I am no different."

Slowly, a rocky, orange second skin crawled across Kl'rt's body. It was time to fight armour armour.
"It doesn't matter who started this, human!" Kl'rt spat. "All that matters is who finishes it!"

The Super Skrull marched forth in the train of Ben's fireball, letting the heat wash over him. If the blast struck the beast, he would try to follow up the attack with a stone sucker punch. If the beast deflected or dodged the blast, he would stretch out his rocky arms and seek to bind the beast.

By Sl'gur't, it felt good to be over 3 foot tall again...

@Ver @Minerva @Crunch @Crow @York @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Donder172 @Gummi Bunnies @Rooftop

Kl'rt and Ben would ready their attacks but before they could react...

Bayonetta swept past them and delivered a flurry of punches and kicks towards the beast boy finishing off with a massive ethereal heel slamming him down to the ground. "Terribly sorry luvs." She replied flashing the others a smile. "I figured we had to take care of this quick-like. Antagonizing the Great Spirit like that! For shame! Though speaking of." The boot vanished back into the portal it came from. "The Great Spirits are usually more docile than that aren't they?"​

@Ver @Minerva @Crunch @Crow @York @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Donder172 @Gummi Bunnies @Rooftop

r5WNVie.png

"This guy? Great Spirit? So, now that we're made aware, he'll do this thingy right? The part where he reveals his true form and all that and saves us whatever trouble he's supposed to give us for round two?"

@Ver @Minerva @Crunch @Crow @York @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Donder172 @Gummi Bunnies @Rooftop​

Kl'rt and Ben would ready their attacks but before they could react...

Bayonetta swept past them and delivered a flurry of punches and kicks towards the beast boy finishing off with a massive ethereal heel slamming him down to the ground. "Terribly sorry luvs." She replied flashing the others a smile. "I figured we had to take care of this quick-like. Antagonizing the Great Spirit like that! For shame! Though speaking of." The boot vanished back into the portal it came from. "The Great Spirits are usually more docile than that aren't they?"

r5WNVie.png

"This guy? Great Spirit? So, now that we're made aware, he'll do this thingy right? The part where he reveals his true form and all that and saves us whatever trouble he's supposed to give us for round two?"

Hopefully the attack would do enough to incapacitate the Great Spirit. Once again, the Great Spirit would see Yennefer standing above him. "Let's try this again." She said. She drew in the air another Axii sign near his head. At the very least, it would clear his mind and allow them to try diplomacy again.

She turned to the group. "Were the other Great Spirits this... excitable?"

@Jeremi @Ver @Atomic Knight @York @Crunch @Rooftop

The others from the infirmary were getting back just as Ellis was being taken from Reiner by another agent and moved out of the Officers' Quarters. Kyosuke joined the main group after seeing to it that the rest of the area was clear. If he was impressed by FF, he didn't show it.

Piper agreed with Libra and gestured above her. "Yeah, those goons are probably looking to find Volt," she said. "He's in one of the secure rooms a couple floors above us, but which one is not public knowledge, obviously."

Letting out a small sound of assent, Kyosuke crossed his arms. "Yes, that is likely their intention," he said. "Whatever their purpose in causing this explosion, it is no doubt a means to an end. I believe the best course of action would be to head upward and keep an eye on any suspicious activity along the way."

@amwexia @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @Sark @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Takumi @York @Donder172 @OfficersQuarters

"I fear we have just witnessed the slaying of a child," Dorian said, having chosen to not lift a finger toward the fight that had broken out in front of him. He watched as the supposed Great Spirit collapsed to the ground, passed out. "But let's see what ODMA has to say, yes?"

With the communicators ODMA had supplied Mikoto and the others malfunctioning for the most part, one of the few communications available was through magical means. Dorian cast a quick spell and relayed directly that they had captured the Great Spirit.

After a moment, a magical projection of Milla appeared. She stared down at the boy's lifeless body.

"Muzét has a female form," she said. "That is not a Great Spirit."

@Ver @Lucky @Jeremi @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch @Minerva @York @Rooftop

The others from the infirmary were getting back just as Ellis was being taken from Reiner by another agent and moved out of the Officers' Quarters. Kyosuke joined the main group after seeing to it that the rest of the area was clear. If he was impressed by FF, he didn't show it.

Piper agreed with Libra and gestured above her. "Yeah, those goons are probably looking to find Volt," she said. "He's in one of the secure rooms a couple floors above us, but which one is not public knowledge, obviously."

Letting out a small sound of assent, Kyosuke crossed his arms. "Yes, that is likely their intention," he said. "Whatever their purpose in causing this explosion, it is no doubt a means to an end. I believe the best course of action would be to head upward and keep an eye on any suspicious activity along the way."

@amwexia @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @Sark @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Takumi @York @Donder172 @OfficersQuarters

"I fear we have just witnessed the slaying of a child," Dorian said, having chosen to not lift a finger toward the fight that had broken out in front of him. He watched as the supposed Great Spirit collapsed to the ground, passed out. "But let's see what ODMA has to say, yes?"

With the communicators ODMA had supplied Mikoto and the others malfunctioning for the most part, one of the few communications available was through magical means. Dorian cast a quick spell and relayed directly that they had captured the Great Spirit.

After a moment, a magical projection of Milla appeared. She stared down at the boy's lifeless body.

So, they intended to get Volt? Perhaps to finish the job or to take the Great Spirit away like they did to Celcius?

"If that's the case..." Chise started, hand going to her chin, a frown taking place.

"But what if we end up leading the one involved in the explosion to Volt?" She asked then, brows furrowing. While she was sure they could take the one in question, if they had enough time to do this much damage...

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @amwexia @Lucky @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Donder172 @York @HQ

9gljR64.png

"That's it, it's hero time!"

Ben smacked his watch down as transformation began.

sdT0mWj.png

"SWAMPFIRE!"

Swampfire, as this form was called, conjured many roots, vines and branches from the surroundings to bind the boy turned lupine beast, before he would begin to conjure and launch fireballs at his face!

"I don't wanna do this, even if it is a little fun kicking your butt, which it is not."

@Minerva @Crunch @Crow @York @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Donder172 @Gummi Bunnies @Ver @Rooftop

"I see..."

Cagliostro swiftly merged the silver cross with her skin, before her alchemy began to coat her outfit in silver and gold, before she would catch Little My and place her on the ground. That was when she would charge forward, preparing to smack a book in her face!

During this, Ouroboros would charge forward like an ambush predator, biting past Sion's abdomen and tossing her into the air.

"You seem to need a little upgrade, my little god of death."

Cagliostro's alchemy would slowly transform Ouroboros' twin bodies into silver and gold, preparing for the next strike!

dqVFrOw.png

"Shall I unleash my finisher soon?"

@York @Yun Lee @Crow @amwexia @Ver @Hallway

"I do hope that by "finisher" you mean knocking her out." Shigure spoke up with a quick glance to Cogliostro. He really didn't know what to do in this situation with Past Sion, but he really hoped that they didn't accidentally murder the woman's past self in this mess. He hoped to the gods above that the group on the roof were faring better.

@Ver @Crow @Yun Lee @amwexia @York@Hallway

"Unfortunate. I was lead to believe that my capabilities were matching up to a Great Spirit."

Deoxys' telepathic voice echoed from the other end of the room, where the DNA Pokemon abruptly emerged from a pile of rubble it had been so unceremoniously punted into, unscarred and confounded by the swift end to the fight. Chunks of debris rolled out of Deoxys' path as it gently floated forward to rejoin the rest of the group, gazing down at the boy's body.

Deoxys wasn't lying when it said that it thought it was battling a Great Spirit. If there were an entity in the multiverse to act as a benchmark for Deoxys' growing power, it'd be one of them. Such an opportunity to test and expand it's already diverse move set and battling power couldn't be ignored. The sensation of continuous growth and evolution. It wasn't often that Deoxys bothered itself with such thoughts. Still, spending over a year in isolation on Birth Island - the coming and going of challengers, each one offering a chance for the entity to learn and develop - makes such prospects... enticing.

Had the circumstances of all this been different... had allegiances been different... well, Deoxys isn't the only mind-reader available to the Coalition, so it's best not to even think about that. The alien turned an eye to Dorian and the projection of Milla.

"The mission is not yet complete, then. I suggest we relocate the body and proceed."

@Ver @Lucky @Jeremi @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight @Minerva @York @Rooftop​

"It wouldn't surprise me if this were meant to be a distraction," Libra said. "An absolutely sociopathic one at that." Whoever was responsible had tossed away innocent lives like they were nothing. Children, even. Children! "Please lead the way to Volt. I will not allow this murderer the satisfaction of another kill."

@Atomic Knight @Takumi @HQ​

"Unfortunate. I was lead to believe that my capabilities were matching up to a Great Spirit."

Deoxys' telepathic voice echoed from the other end of the room, where the DNA Pokemon abruptly emerged from a pile of rubble it had been so unceremoniously punted into, unscarred and confounded by the swift end to the fight. Chunks of debris rolled out of Deoxys' path as it gently floated forward to rejoin the rest of the group, gazing down at the boy's body.

Deoxys wasn't lying when it said that it thought it was battling a Great Spirit. If there were an entity in the multiverse to act as a benchmark for Deoxys' growing power, it'd be one of them. Such an opportunity to test and expand it's already diverse move set and battling power couldn't be ignored. The sensation of continuous growth and evolution. It wasn't often that Deoxys bothered itself with such thoughts. Still, spending over a year in isolation on Birth Island - the coming and going of challengers, each one offering a chance for the entity to learn and develop - makes such prospects... enticing.

Had the circumstances of all this been different... had allegiances been different... well, Deoxys isn't the only mind-reader available to the Coalition, so it's best not to even think about that. The alien turned an eye to Dorian and the projection of Milla.

"The mission is not yet complete, then. I suggest we relocate the body and proceed."

@Ver @Lucky @Jeremi @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight @Minerva @York @Rooftop
"Well, that was disappointing. All that fuss for nothing." Yennefer said, biting her lip. She thought for a moment about the past few minutes.

"Perhaps we should search for this El-Melloi that he mentioned." Yennefer said, giving a suggestion. "If anyone would know where to find The Great Spirit, I assume it would be a professor, or some other powerful mage."

@York @Crunch @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Jeremi @Ver

Wade Wilson/Deadpool

Deadpool would look over at Quentin and feel so bad that he was so confused. It probably didn't help that he hadn't bothered to put him down, being so focused on the mission. " Well currently, we are at ODMA, getting ready to go into the past to find a Great Spirit in Touma's world," he replied back to him. He would pause for a beat. " Sorry about not giving you a choice like everyone else."

@Space_Candy

Connor Walsh

" I know, Dorian. After traveling with you for so long, I know that sticking close is important as I can use modern weapons and learn fast, but I'm still a novice at actual fighting. I don't plan on leaving your side and that includes dying."

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Past

Billy Batson/Shazam

" I think that there is a second question that should be more pressing issue to address. Were you the only ones here who got hurt or are there others still missing?"
He asked.

@Atomic Knight @HQ

Quentin slowly left the man's arms, still sluggish.

"The what now?" He yawned, following them as the group continued. He stretched as he walked, looking at his surroundings.

@Lucky

A flash of green light engulfed Swampfire as Ben was present once more.

"Well that really rounds things down... where are we supposed to find her?"

Ben then looks at the unconscious boy's uniform.

"Think we might need to blend in for a bit?"

@Ver @Lucky @Jeremi @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight @Minerva @York @Crunch @Rooftop

Cagliostro sighs.

"Then we will simply have to pacify her with her speculated weakness to silver."

Cagliostro conjures large pillars of silver ore from the ground to ward Past Sion off, allowing them to decorate the place and be used as platforms for our team to jump about.

"You now possess combat advantage she does not. Use it well."

@Ver @Crow @Yun Lee @amwexia @Takumi @York @Hallway​

@Ver @Lucky @Jeremi @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight @Minerva @York @Crunch @Rooftop

Cagliostro sighs.

"Then we will simply have to pacify her with her speculated weakness to silver."

Cagliostro conjures large pillars of silver ore from the ground to ward Past Sion off, allowing them to decorate the place and be used as platforms for our team to jump about.

@Ver @Crow @Yun Lee @amwexia @Takumi @York @Hallway

Little My removed herself from the ankle of Past Sion before running towards her neck. She wants this thing dead no matter what.

She prepared herself as she attempted to sink her teeth into the neck of Past Sion.

@Ver @Crow @York @Takumi @Yun Lee

Little My removed herself from the ankle of Past Sion before running towards her neck. She wants this thing dead no matter what.

She prepared herself as she attempted to sink her teeth into the neck of Past Sion.

@Ver @Crow @York @Takumi @Yun Lee

Cagliostro sighs.

@Ver @Crow @Yun Lee @amwexia @Takumi @York @Hallway​

"I feel as if you're disappointed and I really hope you're not, in all honesty." Shigure sighed, before he noticed Little My try and go for the jugular. He moved to try and intercept her attack by trying to grab the back of her dress and pulling her away.

"I don't think we should go killing people of the past." He said to Little My as he eyed Past Sion, moving to put some distance between them.

@amwexia @Ver @Crow @Yun Lee @York @Hallway

“HEY! Let go of me!”

Little My furiously kicked and wriggled while Shigure held the girl by her dress. Being small has it’s disadvantages, but it also has it’s advantages like it not hurting when she does this...

Uh...

This...

Shigure must have a really tight gr— there we go!

Little My wriggled out of Shigure’s grip and toppled to the ground. She ran over and bit Past Sion on the ear, nowhere fatal, just on the ear...

@Takumi @Ver @Yun Lee @York @Crow

"That might be the best course of action." James said in agreement.

@Ver @Lucky @Jeremi @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight @Minerva @York @Rooftop
"I'll take care of the boy." Meceliss said as she walked towards the boy. "Go on, I'll catch up with you." She added before lifting the boy's body up to find a place to hide him. She was not very impressed by the way the group handled this situation, but there was little to do about it. The best thing that could be done now was to hide the boy and hope he isn't going to wake up soon to warn his teachers.

The Rider stood with his arms crossed listening to all of this. "I know no one asked, but I don't like this one bit." He eyed Piper suspiciously. "Funny how you were declared dead and now you're just walking around...just like some of your pals. That's pretty convenient, isn't it?"

[
hr][/hr]

"Oh is that right?" Bayonetta looked over to the knocked out boy. "Well we had to deal with the boy one way or another. He looked like a lad who would be quick to blurt out anything shady he's seen."

Mae seeing Meceliss try to stash the boy offered. "Stuffing him in a cupboard is all fine and good but what if he wakes up?" Waving her hands around Mae placed a binding spell on him so that if he did wake up he wouldn't be any trouble for them anymore. "That should hold him in case the boy decides to wake up and vex us yet again."

"That was thanks to our help," Libra said, stepping in between Frank and Piper. "She'd been injured when we found here and our healing magic brought her back. The person we're looking for is a boy with blonde hair that no one recognizes." Libra himself had never seen this man before, but he knew there had been people across the Multiverse conscripted for this mission. He wasn't about to let a rift grow here and distract everyone from the Revanchist agent who was very likely up ahead now.

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight

"That was thanks to our help," Libra said, stepping in between Frank and Piper. "She'd been injured when we found here and our healing magic brought her back. The person we're looking for is a boy with blonde hair that no one recognizes." Libra himself had never seen this man before, but he knew there had been people across the Multiverse conscripted for this mission. He wasn't about to let a rift grow here and distract everyone from the Revanchist agent who was very likely up ahead now.

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight

The Rider motioned with his fingers at his burning eyesockets and back to Piper. "blond boy or not, which you fit too btw, I'm keeping an eye on all of you. Cause you won't come crying to me when someone else explodes something and they happened to be actually working for the bad guys. Which, as a guy who's been alive for over a million years, who the bad guy is ends up being quite flexible in the long run."

@Yun Lee @Atomic Knight

"I can assure you that you would be the last person I 'come crying to'," Libra said, already tired of this man. He never thought he'd find himself wishing the crass skull from before was the one floating around in those flames, but stranger things had happened. "Either way, the more we stand around and point fingers, the more time the Revanchist has to locate Volt before we do. We need to hurry, and fast."

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight

The Rider motioned with his fingers at his burning eyesockets and back to Piper. "blond boy or not, which you fit too btw, I'm keeping an eye on all of you. Cause you won't come crying to me when someone else explodes something and they happened to be actually working for the bad guys. Which, as a guy who's been alive for over a million years, who the bad guy is ends up being quite flexible in the long run."

@Yun Lee @Atomic Knight

"Um, I can vouch for him, he helped stop Othinus in the mission before this one involving the Great Spirits." Chise blinked. While she saw his reasoning it just seemed silly.

It didn't occur to her that this guy might not know about the finer details, but they could deal with that later.

"I can assure you that you would be the last person I 'come crying to'," Libra said, already tired of this man. He never thought he'd find himself wishing the crass skull from before was the one floating around in those flames, but stranger things had happened. "Either way, the more we stand around and point fingers, the more time the Revanchist has to locate Volt before we do. We need to hurry, and fast."

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight

"Yeah, that way at least they'd have extra protection." Chise added with a slight nod. She hoped they could get to Volt in time, but still there was something bugging her.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back