Haunted Hotel

Darren's eyes widened a little as he took the coins, "Ya don' say! I'm from London! Or I was a'least I was." He dropped the coins down his waistcoat, presumable into a pocket. "'Ow's she lookin' these days? I ain't been ta old London Town in, well now, must be a'least nine'y-five years!"

"London is thriving, and seems as though it shall continue to do so. I recommend visiting it - once you've learned how to fish."

The woman who had arrived at the front desk was there and gone in a matter of minutes. She politely listened to the desk boy's spiel about the dining and the amenities, etc and then she took off to her room. Inter-dimensional travel put a wear on the body and she wanted to freshen up.

Abby returned from the restroom after a few minutes. She looked in better spirits and smiled when she took her seat next to her husband. "It's a busy day, here." She observed, nodding her head in the direction of the lobby. "I think this hotel will be booked for the night." Perhaps.

Her statement was made to the table at large, but she was sure to give Rod a pointed look because the leggy blonde was fairly sure that the man had been a vampire. It wasn't her first encounter with their type, but she wanted Rod to have the warning. Picking up her glass, Abby would inspect for waitress bits before sipping the remarkably cold drink. "So, what I miss?"

Already standing, Larry wandered in the direction of the voices in the lobby. Sounded like an accent, something unfamiliar. New arrivals tended to be more interesting than the regulars, even if he did have a small aversion to events most people termed 'interesting'. "Uh, hi there, gents." He tried to offer the pair an easy smile, though it looked more strained than anything.

Lucius turned his head, to then bow his head in greeting with inhuman fluency.
"Evening - At least, I think it's evening."

Oh. Definitely not human. So no need for the subtlety. "Well, I don't think it's anything in particular, but if you need to set a time to it, you may as well call it the evening." Larry gave the man a weak smile, cringing internally at his impromptu rant. "But a good evening to you as well. We've got a small group in the other room, if you'd like to join us?" the ghost suggested.

"If the company is civil, I wouldn't mind at all... This place has no time in particular, though, you say? Do you know where this is, exactly?" He raised an eyebrow.

Larry gave the man a hesitant smile. He was strangely reminded of Roderick in the other room: an air of supreme confidence held in check by impeccable politeness. A very old school style of politeness, too. "Civil, yes, but if nothing else, interesting, I'd say. And it's a rather interesting question." Larry hesitated. This was actually one of his more enjoyed topics of conversation, but regulars never seemed to want to analyze it further. "This place isn't so much as a 'where' or 'when' as an 'is', if that makes sense. You're just asking questions about dimensions that merely don't apply. You can enter and exit easily enough, but this place is just... outside of it all. So, closest I could tell you is that it's nowhere in particular." Larry gave another weak smile.

"Ah. In some state of limbo?" Lucius glanced around. Yet again, his expression remained stoic, though those eerie eyes glistened. "Well, I suppose I'd best make the most of this visit, lest I leave and cannot find a way back."

The ghost paused. Clearly an individual he wouldn't need to worry about. Maybe even a useful one, if Larry managed to make himself useful first. "You could call it that. But, and I hate to assume, if you happen to have a certain measure of... connection, lets say, to the paranormal, I'm fairly confident that you'll stumble upon this place again. It always seems to be there when you have no other place to be."

"Hm... "No other place to be"... I find myself too often in such a situation. Such is common for... people who share my condition." He gave a short sigh, before turning to face Larry completely. "If this... hotel is, as you say, connected to the paranormal... I trust that it caters for paranormal sorts?"

"Somewhere between that, and that you can cater to it. It is a business, after all. You may be able to do it a favor, or maybe you have an interesting trinket worth a week of safety to you. Shouldn't be very expensive for you at all. But yes, it'll look after you. There's a waiter wandering around here somewhere, she may be able to get you a drink of something if you like." Larry suggested.

"Of course. Tit for tat, this for that - as is always the case with any business. I suppose my normal money won't be of much use here, then..." He sighed. "Bother."

"I suppose it may be annoying, but I suppose they never tried to evolve past bartering. Or maybe it's been around so long, they don't believe in money anymore." Larry shook his head, getting himself back on track. "Ah. Whatever the case, everyone's in here." Only then did he start to wonder if two alpha-predators in the same area would be an issue.

"Very well. I do hope I shan't be black-afronted by cost. I have little of value on or within myself..." He began to smoothly stroll through to the other room. "Anything else I should be aware of, stranger?"

"Well, surely the management disagrees, somehow. Maybe it's something as simple as someone's name or whereabouts that you know. If there's something specific you wish to know, I'd be happy to do a bit of digging. The library and records here are rather vast. That's..." Larry thought for a minute. "All I think I have for you know. Long as you're aware of the other guests are typically extraordinary, I think you won't run into any problems here. Sound good?"

Back