Haunted Hotel

Grisham had had to excuse himself for a little bit even before being able to answer Rod's question to answer a call, but he was soon sitting back at the table with the rest of them. The ambience seemed a bit overcharged, though. It made him wonder what could've possibly happened.
"I'm back, excuse me absence... Something wrong?" He'd forgotten about the other question he'd been asked, or maybe he just wasn't keen on answering it.

Larry entered the room, the new guest closely behind. "Just an, ah, exciting conversation. But we aren't going to have any problems regarding it. Excuse the interruption." The presence of the unpredictable shapeshifter was strangely one of the more reassuring factors, at least to Larry. After all, it would be hard to cause a problem in front of the undoubtedly most senior creature in the vicinity. "Uh, everyone, I'd love your attention, please? This is Lucius. Lucius, this is GRISHAM, Roderick, Gwen, and Abigail."

"Nothing worth noting," The leggy blonde assured the shape-shifter. As Larry approached with the newcomer and introduced them by name, Abigail stood, full PR smile on display as she offered her hand to the newcomer. "A pleasure to meet you, Lucius. It seems there is a full house tonight." As soon as the pleasantries had been made she retook her seat, examining the newcomer a little closer. Well dressed, at least. "We've created a bit of an impromptu meeting at the moment. Join us, I'm sure we can make some room at our table, but Roderick and I may be retiring shortly." All depending how things went.

"Ah yeah welcome" Grisham would tell lucius, along with a rather mischievous grin.
"To answer your previous question, er... Rod. Why would I show y'all my shapeshifting abilities... well, why wouldn't I?. I, for one, am not worried or concerned about you all being aware of what I can do. Had we met in different circumstances... different time, perhaps i'd be more careful, but here... nah" He answered, shrugging. He really let himself slip and slide when he spent some time in the hotel. A break from war was always welcome.

Ear shattering screams echoed down the hallway towards the end of one of the long row of rooms.

For those who go to investigate, they would find the woman screaming, her eyes bulging as she stared down at a ghastly sight. Before her laid the the crumpled body of a man. Crimson blood was spattered on the walls, the floors from the deceased man, who's chest had been stabbed multiple times by a blade of some sort. His eyes stared blankly towards the ceiling, his mouth gagged with his own tie.

The woman trembled fiercely and looked ready to faint.

The first one to react would be Grisham, instantly changing forms into some kind of medium size canine, designed to run, and setting off towards the sounds of horrified screams. He'd heard enough in the dimensions he frequented, and those guilty of ruining his weak excuse of a holiday would surely pay. Once he reached the room he'd transform back into a human and look at the scene, a dead man, a lady. If she were to fall due to the shock, he'd catch her. "...lady?, yoy should leave the room" he'd suggest.

"What's happening, who's there?!" Larry had taken a shortcut, through the wall, and, seeing the small figure of another guest, rushed to her side. "Miss, it's ok. You're safe. Come on, lets get out of here. You're safe." He kept repeating the words, desperately looking to GRISHAM in case she needed physical assistance. "Get out of here, ok? We'll handle this. You go on, ok?"

Last edited:
Bob Harman, hotel Owner and Manager, had been making his daily rounds to ensure that all things were operating as they should. When he heard the scream, though, his eyes grew wide. He wasn't far from the source of the noise and he arrived just as Larry the Ghost was comforting the screaming woman, a guest. He recognized the man with her and his eyes grew a little wider. The wrinkly old man knelt beside the body to examine it, shortly, before offering his arm to the woman. "Come, dear, while they figure out what happened. Speak with me."

The woman just stared at the body, refusing to budge despite the coaxing from a few others at this point. That is, until Bob entered. As he thrust his arm over her shoulders to try to lead her away, she found that anger helped to bring her out of her shock. She shoved him away and backed to the wall. "You!? Why would I have anything else to say to you?!?" She shouted. She then pointed to the dead body on the ground. "David TRIED speaking to you about the weird freaky things that was going on, but did you listen?! Hell no! You basically told us to stay put and you'd look into it. Look what its got us? David's dead, Mr. Harman!" She looked on the verge of tears.

"And I'll be damned if I'm going to stay here one more night." Her voice dripped with venom. "Who knows? Whatever came for David might come for me next, and I'm not sticking around to find out." And with that, she dashed off down the opposite end of the hallway as fast as she could.

Larry stared at the crumpled body propped against the wall. A human. With a twisted sense of selfishness, he briefly wondered if there would finally be another ghost here to keep him company, before he pushed those thoughts from his head. How callous was he, to hope that someone would experience this prison that he lived in?

“We, uh, we need to do something about this, right?” Larry said in a low voice to the nearby shapeshifter. After all, their little group in the other room seemed to be rather old and powerful, something that could overpower a human man would have much more difficulty against their little party. If nothing else, it would be safer to be close to them rather than farther away.

The Hotel Manager stumbled back a little and just frowned at the woman's words. He had tried to help David, the kid just hadn't wanted to listen. "Mrs. Davidson," Mr. Harman tried for soothing, but the woman was not having it and before he had a chance to say anything else, the woman was off and the manager was left pursing his lips because this was not good. "Oh, dear." He murmured to himself before turning to his other guests.

It was a second before he realized that the ghost was there and when he did, he jumped a little, nervous almost. "Mr. Dougherty," and he opted for his Manager!Smile, the one that was meant to ease worries of the customer because he would handle it. "Don't worry about it, I'll get this... cleaned up." Happens all the time. Though he really needed to speak with Mrs. Davidson before she left. His Manager!Smile quickly devolved into a bit of a grimace.

----

Back in the dining room Abby had stayed behind. If there was something... violent happening in the hotel, she could hardly do something about it and it's not like Rod would want her near the dangerous thing. She stayed put, though she did peer anxiously out the door for someone to come back and reveal what had happened.

Mackenzie Peterson Irvaron walked into the hotel, his stance assuming a bit of pride. He was wearing a yellow vest that said "MAX" on it, along with black jeans. He had a black, muted MP3 on his ears. Apparently, this is where his parents wanted him to stay before he went to his cousins'. Hmm... My Max-senses are tingling. In this place. Maybe I should leave right away... Max shrugged. Aw, what the heck. I'ma just try to find a room.
At the sound of the scream, however, he was quick to dash near the sound. He saw Grisham when her found what was making the noise, and his eyes bulged. "What... the..." He was seemingly jumping with excitement, his feet static. Oh, goody! I get to get a room and solve a mystery? This'll be a great opportunity to make the Irvaron name even more famous!
He turned to Larry, wanting a lowdown of the situation at hand... before realizing the person he was about to speak to was a bit intangible. Feeling as if he had nothing to lose but his dignity, he crouched down and said to the ghost, "What happened?"

Last edited:
Larry hadn’t even noticed someone come in. He glanced at the newcomer with mild interest, taking in the rather expressive outfit before returning to the matter at hand. “Well, uh. We’re still figuring that out. I don’t think anyone here is particularly adept at figuring these things out, and I’m inclined to believe we aren’t in any particular police’s jurisdiction.” He gave a weak smile, then indicated the scene at hand.

“GRISHAM and I were in the other room, before we heard this poor woman’s scream, Bob showed up shortly after,” the ghost reported, indicating the manager. “So, I mean, I figure we keep the area clean, don’t touch it, start establishing an alibi for everyone in the hotel? I think?” Larry was clearly out of his depth.

Larry blinked as he remembered that Bob had addressed him. “Oh, no, it’s no concern. But I do think we should at least investigate this before we clean up, don’t you?” It’s not like he didn’t understand. The man had priorities, and didn’t want the body to cause problems. Even so, Larry was anxious not to let this pass without figuring it out.

A few hours later~

As everything seemed to be cleaned up from the unfortunate accident in the hallway, the hotel returned to its mostly quiet evening. People were just having dinner, chatting about the events and goings on, and wonder what, if any, action had been taken to start the search for the deceased's killer. A man with wolf ears and tail blinked as he saw a shadow flash outside the window across for him. He stood up and walked over, pulled back the curtain and..

The blood drained from his face as his eyes met the dead eyes of Mrs. Davidson hanging from a rope outside of the hotel. On the window was written a single message in scribbled handwriting as if someone had painted it with their fingers with the woman's blood.

"No one leaves alive."

He let out a single horrified shout. "Oh my god, oh my god!" He shouted. Another lady gasped and covered her mouth.

Behind them all, a white and black haired girl peeked up at the window, her eyes growing wide. "Oh no..." Yang said quietly.

The hotel manager stood in the hallway of the second floor staring out the window at the end of the hall. He had known this would happen, but he hadn't expected it to be so public, so... direct. Now there would be panic among the guests...

He sighed, unfolded his thin arms from across his chest and turned to head down the hall. There would be another clean up in the same day and there would be guests to calm. Naturally a lot of them would want to leave and that... that was not the best idea. He was already rehearsing in his head what he would be saying to convince the customers to stay.

Back