[IC] Nomadium - QUEST: PARANORMAL ACTIVITY

Tyvin rolled her eyes at Alethea's amusing expression "Being a virgin is nothing to be ashamed of, Alethea" Moving on the woman casually strolled past the falling chandelier, confident that she could get to the stairs before it hit the ground. "I think it's fairly obvious by this point that the ghost is a little girl, and she seems to like playing pranks. So, let's make sure she understands that we're not exactly defenceless, right?"

Misha rushed to the basement as the questers recovered from the chandelier scare and searched for her. She pulls out a large bronze key and opens the door, shuddering as the friged air sent goosebumps up her body. She bangs two pieces of metal together at the entrance to awaken the invisible beasts sleeping inside and rushes away before they could target her.

5 nasty invisible rodents the size of miniature horses squealed in glee at their release. They rushed out of the room smelling new potential dinners and made straight for the questers at the base of the stairs, their screeching and the scratching of their nails on the wood the only evidence of where they were.

Alethea stood and brushed herself off, still annoyed with Tyvin, but trying to just forget about it. "Right. So... where did she go?" Walking to stand beside the woman, Alethea froze. "Do you hear that?" Scratches and screeches filled the room, and Alethea clutched her blowpipe tightly, eyes roaming to try and find the source. But there was nothing.

"Yeah, I do have ears" Tyvin whispered into Alethea's ear, standing with her shoulder-to-shoulder as they searched for the oncoming threat. "Ghost Beavers"

"Ghost beavers?!" Alethea whispered back, her eyes widening. "Wh-what do we do? We obviously can't see them... so targeting will be difficult."

The first two ghost beavers plowed into Tyvin attempting to knock her off her feet. They bit at her legs, tearing her pants.
A third attacked Althea, grabbing her cloak in its teeth and tugging at it hard as if trying to steal away with it.
The other two scattered to different parts of the house in search of food.

Misha meanwhile kept close watch from the shadows, her dagger at the ready. She didn't want to kill them. Just scare them away. And above all, keep them away from her room upstairs. If they found that, they would undoubtedly figure out for certain she wasn't really a ghost and then she'd really lose the only place she'd found to call home for the last 3 years.

"This place is covered in dust, so..." Tyvin thought for a moment before suddenly spitting on the floor, again and again trying to get as must water on the floor as posiable. When the creatures arrived, their feet created an imprint in the dust when pressing against the water, allowing Tyvin to jump to the side to avoid the bite of one of the attackers, though the other one successfully ripped off one of her pants leg, leaving one of her legs clear to view up to her thigh. "Well, at least I'm giving the world a view'' Her crystal arm reached out to attempt to roughly grab the creature biting at her, her other hand unshiefing her dagger and aiming to drive it into the beast.

Alethea's brow furrowed as her cloak grew sharp quills. Reaching to her belt, she drew a knife. Twisting her body away from the invisible creature tugging in vain at her indestructible coat, she drove the knife downwards at the point of tension, where she knew a creature must be. Throwing a glance at Tyvin, she chuckled. "But there isn't really anybody around to see, Tyvin."

Tyvin's hand seemed to find an ear and the dagger struck something at least. The creature squeals in outrage backing away as red blood spilled down its previously invisble body, dripping to the floor. At least they could see the movements of one now. The second drew blood from Tyvin's calf with a swipe of its claw. It backed away as its comrade took a blow then charged back in for a second attack.

The ghost beaver attacking Althea's cloak found its mouth full of quills and squealed in pain, its mouth dribbling blood. Althea's dagger finds its mark and the creature stops all its movements dropping onto the floor. The one that Tyvin had previously injured was circling around, a single line of blood hovering mid-air. Having thought it stopped an opening, it attacks Althea from the left.

Tyvin was able to see the second attacker this time as well, now able to spot her blood floating in mid air along with a snarl. "Nobody? You got eyes, ai't you love? Just because your're busy, doesn't mean you can't get an eyeful" She winked, attempting to ignore the pain in her thigh as she focused on the beast, holding out her more resiliant crystal hand to ram into the creature's mouth. With any luck, its teeth would break on the crystal. "I don't think they're ghosts, just invisable''

Alethea's cheeks darkened slightly at the comment as she ripped her knife back out of the creature's still body. Throwing a glance at Tyvin, she nodded. "I think the same, after all, can't you not stab ghosts?" Her eyes widened at the sight of blood dripping down Tyvin's thigh, and she gasped, "Tyvin, your leg--" Her concern was cut short as she felt a creature ramming into her left side. Stumbling with a small cry, she rammed a quill-covered elbow down onto where she thought the creature was, her right hand closing around her knife and stabbing it in the same direction.

When Alethea screamed out about Tyvin's leg, Tyvin attempted a chuckle and responded "I know, incredibly sexy and giving you strange feelings" Hoping she gets this beast out of the way in time to help her partner.

The rodent did indeed break its teeth attempting to take a bite out of Tyvin's crystal arm. It squeals then makes a choking sound, as if it had accidentally swallowed its own teeth.
Althea's attack hits, and hot blood sprays onto her hand from the strike.

They both stand ready for the next attack, but none came.

Misha's mouth was wide in awe. She'd never seen mages dispatch the invisible rodents before, and with such ease! They'd hadn't even used any magic! She watches them closely. Most questers would fled at this point, for fear of being attacked by more creatures, especially if one was injured. Hopefully these two would decide the reward wasn't worth it and would leave her alone.

Alethea shuddered as hot blood soaked her hand, and she puffed her cheek in annoyance at her companion. "I didn't say that!" She whirled around, tugging her knife out of the second beast. "Now, are you okay?"

"Don't get so pouty, no harm in admitting your eyes wonder" She chuckled with a slight groan to her words, caressing her cut with care, before calliing out to the 'Ghost. "Okay, whoever you are. I'm starting to doubt you're an actual spirit, which makes your presence here even worse. I suggest you come out and face us, or we start showing you some real magic. I don't want this to get bloody, but you just tried to kill my partner here"

Alethea sheathed her knife as the quills on her coat retracted, the blush on her face deepening at her comment. Why did she insist on saying such things?! Fluttering around beside Tyvin, she tried to figure out a way to help her injury. "Well I mean, she got closer to killing you," Alethea pointed out. She wasn't trying to be rude, simply stating a fact. "Which, of course, makes me rather unhappy. So why don't you listen to Tyvin and come talk to us, eh? A peaceful resolution would be preferable."

Misha is silent for a long moment, debating whether or not it was worth risking continuing to fight or not. "I am a ghost. A ghost of a girl once known as Misha." She states, a tone of sorrow in her voice. It clearly came from the floor above them. She glares at the pretty one who claimed they just want to talk.

"You come into my home! Threaten to remove me by any means necessary! Call me horrid names and assume that you can do whatever you like as you long as you get rid of me...and you want to talk!?" Her voice suddenly turned angry. "I've been chased out of too many homes by questers like you who only care about coin. I am not leaving this one! And I will fight you as long as I have too!" She yells at them in determination. She pulls another rope the boards over the stairs creak and groan then begin to fall with a number of supports, threatening to block them from getting upstairs or worse, bury them underneath.

"Aww, you do care" Tyvin coughed out, not shying away from the woman's worried gaze as she sought to respond to the girl. "You're not a ghost, you're a sad little girl desecrating these halls. This isn't about coin, this is about respect and doing the right thing, I'm using magic to help those who need it. I get that you're emotional, but don't try to load all that crap on us" As the girl proceeded to being down the house, so to speak, Tyvin quickly prepared a glyph with her arm, memorising the shielding spell. Her other arm pulled Alethea close for the spell before her crystal arm reached out and grasped the floating symbol, causing a blue ray of light to engulf the two, forming a bubble of magic around them.

The shield cradles them, protecting them from the inital downpour of dirt, wood and foliage. It leaves a gaping hole in the ceiling and stairs begin to creak from the added weight of the debris. They didn't have long before it gave away completely, but getting over the debris wouldn't be easy either.

Alethea shifted uncomfortably as the ghost shouted at them. She wasn't very fond of drama... but didn't have much time to think about it before the ceiling started to rumble, and with a look of horror, she realized it was on the verge of collapse. The heck was this girl's problem?! "T-Tyvin," She breathed, terrified. The woman's name had barely fallen from her lips when she felt herself pulled close to her companion. Squeezing her eyes shut, she waited under the shield Tyvin had generated, whimpering in terror. She could survive all kinds of injuries, but being crushed like this... that was doubtful.

Back