[IC] Nomadium - The Nomad's Respite

"Pffft, I got this" Tyvin assured pulling down on the bottom of the glove, to which it still remain static. "Still got it..." Next, she tried to adjust the fingers, and yet again she was only met with the cold laughter of failure. "I swear I've done this before" In the span of a few minutes Tyvin had grown ever more frustraited as the glove refused to get on, almost as if it was mocking her while she tore her hair out. Until she held her hand out to Alethea with a pout "...I might need some help"

Alethea watched Tyvin with raised eyebrows as she attempted to pull her glove back on. And again. Seeing the hand offered, the girl nodded, shaking back her long sleeves and leaning in to observe the glove. Tugging on the fingers, she removed it entirely, reaching her own petite hand in to smooth everything out. "You had a fold in there, it was catching." Shaking the glove out a little bit, she turned back to Tyvin's hand and slipped it on, tugging on the bottom of the glove until it sat properly in place. "There you are. I understand about putting a glove on to seem more inconspicuous in an everyday crowd, but it seems kind of a shame to cover up your hand. It's kinda pretty, with its crystal and everything."

Tyvin watched with a a small kind of glare as Alethea managed to fix the glove without any help. "Amazing..." She both grumbled and gasped at, before looking over to examine her work. "Pretty? You think so? There's a reason people like to stay away from the crystal lady"

Alethea felt a small surge of pleasure as Tyvin examined her work with the glove. She'd done something helpful, and that always makes a girl feel good. "The crystal lady? Sounds like an official title." Alethea grinned. "Their reasons are probably stupid, I mean, you seem nice enough. And besides," she shrugged, "It really is pretty. Women who love to drape themselves in jewelry should be totally jealous of you, you're just pretty and sparkly all the time." She swung her feet childishly as she sat on the stool, looking at Tyvin. She'd never met someone whose ability had manifested itself so physically, and she was fascinated. This girl totally rocked her ability, mental pun intended.

"Nice? Yeah, but you see a mage with crystal skin as a normie, all you're gonna think is what she can do with it" Tyvin sent Alethea a smile anyway, rubbing her hands together. Tyvin was gonna have to stop hyping herself up at this rate, this woman is doing a good job of making her look good on her own. "Woman who drape themselves in jewelry will probably be relived that their jewlery isn't eating half of them" She pulled up her sleeve, to inspect the rest of her arm. "Maybe I'd agree if some of my actual skin wasn't still there... Kind of clashes with the crystal"

Alethea nodded. That was true, people were hard-wired to view mages as completely different, and gimmicky to boot. She leaned forward a bit to see Tyvin's arm as she pulled up her sleeve, her eyes widening. Wow... that just looked outright painful. "Whoa... that must have hurt a lot..." Alethea blinked up at the woman. "But aren't you glad some of your skin is still there? I mean, it's a reminder that you're still there, that you aren't just a crystal. Right?"

"A crystal impaled my hand and grew underneathe my flesh, before bursting out and taking over my skin. Yeah, it hurt" She pointed out in a tone that made it seem obvious. "I have my other sides to remind me I'm not all crystal" Tyvin pulled up her other sleeve to show her other scarred, but non-crystal arm. "Skin in-between just gets in the way, you know?"

Alethea shuddered, that really did sound awful. Of course it hurt, there was no way that wasn't excessively painful. Her eyes widened at the sight of Tyvin's other arm, man, this woman really had it rough. It's not as though she was any stranger to scars, but that was just excessive. She nodded, "Yes, I see what you mean." Feet still swinging, she continued, "Still, you're pretty neat. You're my favorite crystal person." Throwing a grin at Tyvin, she lifted a hand to giggle behind her sleeve, "But then, you're the only crystal person I've met."

"Of course I'm the only one, I'm the only girl cool enough to be the only one. And I'll silences the first person to suggest that there are others!" Tyvin laughed and pulled her sleeve back up, figuring that Alethea probably didn't like looking at all those scars. Yep, definitely doesn't like the scars. Good to know I haven't creeped her out... Yet. Spotting the woman's sleeve still covering her hand, Tyvin decided to try something and leaned in towards the sleeve, whispering "Can you be a good robe and shorten the sleeves, please?"

Alethea laughed, but noted that she should never suggest there are other crystal people. She didn't want to incur the wrath of this very strong young woman. She jumped, slightly startled by Tyvin leaning toward her sleeve. Wait... what? Alethea felt a ripple through her robe, and the sleeve obediently slid up to her shoulder, revealing an incredibly petite arm, mangled and riddled with scars, the most notable being a thick, raised scar, extending from her elbow up to her shoulder. "H-hey!" She shouted in surprise at the sleeve's actions, distressed. Reaching up with her other hand, she grabbed the cuff of her sleeve, yanking it back down over her hand and staring at the bar, head down. "I don't think she meant that much, you stupid robe..." Great, now I'm humiliated, you bloody robe. Stop doing stupid stuff!

"That robe is very mischievous" Tyvin frowned at the obvious scars, her own scars were a side affect, what were Alethea's from. "Sorry about that, I thought you'd want shorter sleeves..." Yet, Tyvin didn't attempt to move, staring at the exposed arm with a curious gaze. In a attempt to lighten the mood before it darkened, Tyvin pulled her sleeve back again and pressed her own arm against Alethea's "Funny, we seem to have matching scars"

"It's fine, it was a nice thought..." Alethea trailed off, still staring at the bar. The stubborn sleeve refused to move back down over her arm, squeezing her upper arm as if to say, I'm in charge here. Freaking irritating robe. She jumped, startled, when she felt someone's warm flesh against her own, looking over at Tyvin quickly. Her large eye blinked in surprise, looking down at their arms. It was true, they were both rather horrific things to see, although Tyvin's arm was not as skinny as Alethea's, which caused her lip to twitch in irritation. She knew she was thin, but seriously. That just looked pathetic. Letting herself give a small smile, she looked up at Tyvin. "It would appear so. Perks of being a mage, eh?" She shrugged, feeling kind of pathetic. It's not like she got her scars in some noble way, they were shameful to her, and they were ugly.

"They make us look more intimidating, and cooler" Tyvin pulled back a few inches to take Alethea's hand, grasping it as if they were about to have an arm wrestle. The woman's arm was noticeably slimmer than Tyvin, though Tyvin knew her own arms weren't exactly normal for a woman her age, it was simply a side affect of growing up as a hunter. Maybe she'd get thinner arms if she took up her father's job. "And when people ask, we can bulshit the stories behind them to make us even cooler"

Alethea couldn't help but laugh, making up stories behind the scars? That was easy for someone who could lie well. Trouble lying's one thing that got Alethea several of the scars. But the thought that they made one look more intimidating and cool, tickled the girl's fancy. Grasping the young woman's hand tightly, she grinned. "Future generations'll wish they had as many scars as us!"

At Aletha's tighter grip Tyvin grew a smirk, her other hand rising to give Alethea a thumbs up. "That's the spirit!" She was starting to really like this girl, maybe she should ask her to come on her next mission... When she's active enough to get to the board. "They'll look back on us with admiration, scar buddies! You'll be the cute one, I'll be the sassy one"

Alethea giggled at Tyvin's thumbs-up, nodding. "Yeah! They'll-- wait, are you saying I look like a kid?" The girl's cheeks puffed in annoyance, her eyes narrowing. Her sensitivity about how young she looked prickled, and she raised an eyebrow at Tyvin. She better not mean she looks like a kid.

"No, cute in your fucking cute" Tyvin rolled her eyes at the girl's glare, reaching up with her other hand to put on top of their linked hands, as some sort of attempt to calm the girl down. "You know, attractive in a pretty and endearing way" Uh, I think that's what cute is for her... I need a dictionary...

"Oh." Aletheas expression relaxed at her words, although a light blush dusted her cheeks at the compliment. "Attractive? Not really, but thanks." Clearing her throat, she put her other hand on top of Tyvin's, patting it. "However, since you didn't mean I look like a kid, it's all good." She nodded her head definitively, a sincere expression on her face.

"What? My crystal ass can be labled pretty, but you can't?" Tyvin let out a 'pfft' sound of disagreement at this, chuckling at the blush coating Alethea's cheek. "Awww, I made you blush. Did I embarrass you?"

"But you actually are pretty. And of course you embarrassed me!" The color on Alethea's cheeks darkened, and she stuck out her lower lip in a pout. "It's not funny."

Back