[IC] Nomadium - The Nomad's Respite

"If I'm pretty, you are fucking pretty. And that blush only adds to it" Tyvin didn't even bother to try and stop chuckling at the display before her, before looking down at the robe witha smirk. "Hey, Robe. Shrug if I'm right"

Alethea was nearly knocked off her stool as the robe tugged sharply upward on her shoulders, and she let out a small shout as she grasped Tyvin's hand tighter to prevent falling. "Geez, it's a freaking conspiracy," she complained, regaining her balance on the stool with a sigh, reaching up with the hand that had been on top of the hand-sandwich to smooth her curls, blood pulsing in her cheeks. "I'd abandon you in an alley if I could, you stupid robe. You're supposed to be on my side," she whined lightly, but the robe didn't seem to care, just smoothing itself back out over her shoulders.

Tyvin kept ahold of Aletha as the Robe shrugged to agree, pulling the fallen woman up with maybe a bit too much force to get her back on her feet. "See, even the robe agrees. And as a fashionable robe, it knows it's beauty credentials" With that Tyvin gave Alethea a wink and the robe a pat on the... Uh... Sleeve?

The force with which Tyvin assisted her surprised Alethea, but she adjusted easily and remained perched on the stool with no trouble. Narrowing her eyes at the robe, she muttered, "It's just being mean." When the woman winked at her and patted her robe, Alethea complained as her blush dulled to a light dusty pink, "Heyy, don't encourage it!"

She shuffled in her seat, the stool was becoming increasingly more uncomfortable. I there was one thing she hated more than demonic bread stealing squirrels, it was stools. "Being mean by agreeing that you're attractive?" Tyvin pushed her brow up and tilted her head as if to get across an expression of 'Work out how odd that sounds'

"Mhmm, that's it exactly." Alethea nodded, glad that Tyvin understood what she was saying. It was always good when people could figure out what you meant, without having to go into too much detail, yes yes. Noticing that the woman was shifting around, the girl asked, "Oh, are you uncomfortable? I didn't mean to make you have to sit for so long."

High on the charm, low on the sarcasm this one. Tyvin shook her head and finally let go of Alethea's hand (It was rather odd that the two hand been holding each other's for so long) and went t adjust her seat again, repeating 'Ah, no problem. No problem at all'' A few times.

Alethea tugged her sleeve down over her hand when Tyvin let go of it, and the robe cooperated. She was grateful that she'd had her hand when she almost fell, but it was getting almost awkward there. Raising an eyebrow at her repeated words, Alethea chuckled. "Are you sure? You're not acting sure."

"I'm fine" Tyvin instead resorted to standing back up and leaning against the bar once more, grumbling to herself and crossing her arms under her chest. "So, I take it I'm your first friendly face here aside from the guild master"

Alethea watched Tyvin stand, nodding. "Yep, that's about right. Haven't really talked to much of anybody around here. They all look nice, but..." She trailed off, giving a shrug. "Just haven't."

Tyvin smirked, 'honoured' to be this woman's introduction to the other weirdos of the guildm moving behind Alethea to clasp her shoulder and pull her in with a laugh. "A pleasure for me, and lucky for you, huh? We're friends, right?"

Alethea was startled by Tyvin's half-hug, but nodded with a wide grin. "You bet we are!" Reaching up to give the girl's hand a pat, she jumped off the stool, looking up at Tyvin with a thumbs-up, her expression sweet and honest. "You're the first friend I've had in years!"

Tyvin hesitated for a moment as Alethea's sudden jump in her shoulder clasp brought the woman a bit too close, but shook it off as the girl smiled wily for the first time since the conversation started. "Does that make me lucky? Or just sad for you?" First friend in years? How long had she been alone? "Either way, I'll make sure I'm not your only friend, I'm sure I can forc- Encourage you to get close to the others... The few that I'm actually friendly with"

"I dunno if it makes you lucky, but it makes me lucky!" Ducking out from underneath Tyvin's arm with a smile. "Oh, well thanks, Tyvin. I appreciate that!"

She went back to leaning on the bar, her arms crossed yet again. Apparently she was attempting to look 'cool' in some fashion... It wasn't succeeding. "How about we work together on our next job? You know your way around a fight?"

Alethea nodded, putting a hand on her hip and popping a knee lazily. "Yep, sure do! I take a slightly more... Ranged approach. But I can hold my own. I'd love to take a job with ya." She smiled.

"I'm an arrowhead myself" Tyvin gestured to the bow hanging from her back and then to her crystal arm. "Though I do have a dagger if I need an extra close range kick. Happy to have you aboard! Been a while since I've had comppany on a mission.... Actually a long time.... Long, long time." Her face contorted in thought as she attempted dto actually remember the last time she had a helper.

Alethea watched Tyvin as she spoke, the woman's face contorting as she tried to recall when she last had a travel companion for a job. She gave a small smile, and her shoulders lifted in the smallest of shrugs as she said, "Well, I've never had company on a mission, so this should be fun!"

Tyvin though for a few more moments before giving up, residing to simply push her hands on Alethea's shoulder and nod in agreement. "It'll be like a friendly trip to the market... Except with more carnage and snarky comments, Let's go look at the available jobs..." Before looking down at her empty cup. "But first, more drinks"

Alethea blinked up at Tyvin, tilting her head slightly, confused by her words. But, wouldn't that make it not like a friendly trip to the market? Shaking the thought from her head, she smiled up at the woman, nodding. "Good idea!"

Back