[IC] Nomadium - The Nomad's Respite

Amorra continued to eat while listening to Cato talk to Tyner about him living his life and the possible chance of death and what not. What Cato has said about the kids however bothered Amorra a little bit but she didn't show it and pretended like she was ignoring what he was talking about. She never liked the idea of having kids in the guild because it reminded herself too much of her past and how horrid it was to be dealing with magic at a young age. But when she had taken a look at how young the kids were when she first walked in... there were much younger than her and it just seemed to get worse and she wondered just a little bit if they were doing alright. Amorra still had that soft side to her and she expressed it rarely most of the time she seemed cold and maybe even cruel but she always wanted to help the youngins but it always seemed to not go the way she wanted it to.

Cato frowned at Amorra and for once he actually gave up on wanting to bother her. She watched as he got up and then moved towards Tyvin and the others and let out a soft tired sigh as being around him pretty much tired her out but then again she felt a little happy to have seen him again. She then heard Tyner and chuckled softly. "Yeah he could not even charm a snake..." she then went silent and realized the interesting pun in that and laughed again.

Just as Amorra had finished her meal more people seemed to have gathered into the guild and figured it was starting to be the peak hour of which everyone was coming in and out. While everyone was talking and seemed like showing off their powers Amorra thanked the bartender for the food and drinks and stood up to head to her room that she had here. She nodded at Tyner before leaving and walked slowly upstairs looking one more time at Cato and mumbling "Idiot" under her breath before disappearing upstairs. Amorra then stood before the door to her room and smiled softly and opened her door by placing her palm on the door. The rooms in the guild were locked by a magic that could only be opened by the owner of the room or Tyner that way it prevented unwelcomed guests from coming in and out of the rooms. The door then opened and Amorra stepped in and closed the door behind her. She then sat her bag down on the small chair she had in her room next to a nightstand that had a picture of Cato and her as kids and of course Tyner who seemed angry in the photo. She then flopped on down on her bed and closed her eyes falling asleep only minutes after the last thing she heard was the soft growl that came from within her own mind which was a reminder of the battle that always took place...

@Southpaw @Revelree

(OCC: Amorra is now out of the roleplay until a time skip happens and contracts are posted.) (Please tag me in the OCC when the timeskip occurs thank you!)

Tyvin took her sweet time downing her next drink (Which she wasn't really sure where she got it from), each second bringing her tired eyes to open up more after all that effort to stay awake. her body swaying slightly. She didn't remember when she started drinking, just that at one point she was treated by the sweet taste of alcohol and she was hooked on heaven's juices for the next few years. Does that make her an alcoholic? Because she wasn't stopping. She'd heard that drunk her was quite the... Event.

"Welp..." She slammed the cup don on the table, briefly wondering if she mispronounced 'Well', before walking straight past the younger looking girl and her strange robe. "Let's go look at the job board" With that she made no hesitation to stop and wait for Alethea, pushing on forward (And accidentally bumping into many other patron) towards the board. It was strange, but her vision made it feel as if two jobs had only just appeared on it. Weird.

"Alright, Duke requesting help with a spooky keep? It only needs two of us..." She muttered more to herself than where she assumed Alethea would be standing if she had followed.

Alethea watched Tyvin drink, looking down at her empty coffee cup. On second thought, she was quite content with the liquids she had already downed, no need to overdo it. She jumped, startled, when Tyvin spoke and slammed her empty cup down, sauntering past her. Alethea turned and watched her push through the crowd for a few seconds before quickly following after her, slipping in between people fairly easily. She lost sight of Tyvin for a moment, and swung her head back forth, searching for the young woman.

She saw her standing before a large board, papers posted to it. Ducking underneath the arms of two men clinking their mugs together, she came to a stop beside Tyvin, hearing her say 'It only needs two of us...' Peering at the board, Alethea scanned it for the job she might be talking about. Her gaze settled on the job she thought must be it, requiring two nomads. Some form of paranormal activity. "Wanna take it?" She asked Tyvin, turning her head to look up at the woman.

"The pay is alright" Tyvin crouched down slightly, leaning into to board as if inching her head closer would reveal new information about the price tag. A paranormal job, creepy abandoned keep, a Duke is paying? Could be interesting, but this did seem like a job for a more spiritual centred person. But she did always want to see a ghost. But would arrows work on a ghost? Or could you trap the bastards in a bottle? Maybe you sing to them or-

By this point Tyvin had completely spaced out, muttering under her breath about the various strange ideas she'd come up with to catch ghosts (Throw virgin's at them?) before finally leaning back to look at Alethea. "Opinions?"

Alethea nodded at Tyvin's comment about the pay, looking back at the notice. She saw with no small amount of amusement that the woman seemed to be creeping closer to the paper, scrutinizing it as if it might reveal some detail otherwise unknown. Tapping her cheek in thought, Alethea met Tyvin's gaze as she asked her opinion. Had she been muttering to herself about the price? The girl shrugged, giving a nod. "I think it'd be worth a try. Think you can poison a ghost?" She giggled softly. "I bet it's not really a ghost, though. I've yet to see a ghost. Never know, could be fun."

"Probably gonna be one of those 'Do the laundry they never finished so they can move on' kind of deals'' Tyvin reach forward and pulled the job off the wall, trying to remember how you accept jobs. Maybe write on them or something? Where's Tyner when you need him!? "Time for some ghost hunting. You know the Keep it's talking about?" She moved to lead Alethea away, not wanting to stick in the crowd of people as they discussed their business.

Alethea stumbled to quickly follow after Tyvin, shaking her head. "No, I don't know the Keep it's talking about. Doesn't sound familiar."

Shiori closed the portal after everyone had left. Closing her book, she turned to the others. "That took longer than I thought," she said, tucking some loose hair behind her ear."Elin, what did you think? You were silent for most of the time." A light pink blush flushed across her face as she looked at him.
What was this? Flustered, she looked away, her gaze finding the notice board. Someone had put up two new job requests, and she moved to get a closer look. Tyvin and the new girl passed her, but she was close enough to see what the bounties were. One was for two people, that was the on Tyvin and her friend were examining, and on was for three. "Hey Cato! I think there's a job we could take." Shiori said, turning from the board to Cato and Elin.

Cato stretched his limbs, slightly relieved to be out of the portal at last. He didn't voice the opinion though, he didn't want Shiori to feel bad about it or something. Children can be sensitive creatures. He walked towards the board, whistling under his breath. Two of the other nomads that he hasn't talked to much yet has been discussing their interest in one of the bounties, meanwhile he saw the posting Shiori was reading. He glanced over at it, reading the paper. "Perfect! For three mages. It sounds like it can become a little tricky though. This seems a little fishy though, is the diadem a magic item?" he muttered under his breath for a moment, but then he smiled once more, glancing back at the two young mages. "But I'm definitely in! Elin, Shiori, think you can handle this?" he said, a little teasingly.

Elin had spent his time in the portal watching. Anything. Everything. There was so much to see! He had absolutely no idea Shiori could do anything like this. This was real magic, real, tangible, magic. She could create her own entire world! No wonder he barely saw her. If he could open up a portal into his own private world he would stay there all the time. He had watched her suddenly become so calm, so excited, in her shy way, to show them her place. It was truly special.

The new guy, Elnius, had seemed impressed, and Shiori showing him her flowers had been beautiful. Elin had found himself transfixed. Shiori seemed right in this place. Seeing her draw those glyphs and send those flowers into that beautiful flurry, the colours mixing and melting across the carpet of grass. He could see why Elnius enjoyed the show-he seemed to have a thing for plants after all-but Elin found himself enjoying watching Shiori more than watching her magic. She seemed to really be enjoying herself. He wished he could make something this beautiful, or even just this real.

He tried to focus his eyes in further on the flowers as they changed colour, on some detail in the distance, but found that he couldn't change very much. His magic worked, but it was a bit of a push to get any use out of it. It felt as though he was maxing out his sight just to get one more flower in his vision. He knew he should stop, knowing that pushing his magic would be taking days off his life, but it took him a while to stop trying. He was only young after all. He had years left, and he planned to spend at least a few of them looking at beautiful things. That was the whole point, wasn't it?

The next thing he watched was Cato. He seemed just as awed as Elin, but something just struck Elin as not quite right. No clue what it could be, Elin just watched him instead, his curiosity throwing ideas around his mind. maybe he was so impressed by them both that he was thinking about helping them, or teaching them, or something. Anything, really. Elin would take any contact he could get. He knew he was obsessing a little, cringing inwardly at how childish he was coming across. He was fifteen, for god's sake. He should be emulating Cato, not worshipping him. But, he sensed he was going to have to ride this one out for a while.

Outside the portal, the noise of the Respite was almost deafening. Elin felt it almost before he heard it, just a slight change, something a little different, the air dirtier, the world closer. Just a hint of something other he was leaving behind. He almost hesitated to leave, finding Shiori's little cocoon of safety so inviting. It wasn't even just that it was safe. He didn't doubt that Shiori could defend herself in there. No, it was something else. He was quiet as the portal closed behind them, examining that feeling inside him. Shirori's dimension meant something to him now. It was something she had shared with him. He knew how much sharing that had cost her. She had been so hesitant even to mention it. And now it wasn't only hers, it was theirs. She had trusted them with something very special. Elin really hoped he could guard that trust. He would repay it in kind.

Shaking himself out of his reverie at Shiori's words, he smiled at her when she mentioned his silence, shrugging, and a little embarrassed that they were all looking at him. "Just a bit shocked, I guess. It's really impressive, Shi."
He blushed a little at calling her Shi. Did she mind that he was using a nickname? He hoped not. Shiori seemed to blush a little as well, turning to the job board. Elin had to try very hard not to facepalm. He sounded so condescending. So much for repaying all her trust in letting him see that beauty when he couldn't even get his tongue to work right.

All his concerns were washed away when Shiori said the magic words though. A job! And Cato was up for it! It sounded similar to jobs Elin had done before, only this time, there was some mystery. Usually he was just stealing objects that everyone knew the location of. This was a hunt. There was the possibility of danger, and a distance to travel. There might be battles and monsters and some kind of magical object at the end of it all. It was a real quest! It was something people could sing about, not just some odd job he volunteered for because no-one seemed to want to do it.

And as if all of that wasn't enough, Cato was coming! They were going to do a quest with Cato! Elin felt the stirrings of fear in his stomach. It would be dangerous. He couldn't do much in a fight but run, but he would be with Cato, and that instantly capped the fear rocking his stomach, calming into nerves. Butterflies. Excitement.

He nodded emphatically. "Absolutely! Let's go find that diadem!" He grinned up at Cato, but then quickly remembered how completely useless he was in a fight. Oh, sure, Cato would love having him along because everyone did, but once the novelty wore off, he'd realise Elin couldn't do anything for himself. He needed to get that sorted. His eyes shot around the Respire looking for Tyvin. Was there time for him to take her up on her offer to teach him the bow? Maybe if he could at least catch some food for them, he'd be useful. But if they were leaving tomorrow, that was hardly a possibility. He looked up at Cato. "When do we leave?"

Cato stared at the posting again, turning it over a bit and reading it again, and then folding it down and placing it inside his coat. When he felt the wind vibrate behind him, he turned seeing Elin, the texture for the word 'when' reverberating in the air. It feels so damn good to have his 'hearing' again! For ten years he had depended on it, and only now did he appreciate it most. He shrugged. "If we accept this posting, we have to report to house Jarla first. I don't think its very urgent, so we can probably go tomorrow, or the day after tomorrow." he said, scratching his head a bit. Now that he thought about it, what if the diadem actually IS a magic item? Should he just leave that at their hands, an instrument that can easily ruin lives?

Cato sighed. Don't get ahead of yourself. It just might be a normal old diadem.

He doubted it.

Cato personally doesn't like dealing with nobles. When it came to religion and beliefs, they're probably the craziest and most devotional of the bunch, as far as he could tell. He was probably from a noble house himself, but Caesar, his father, never confirmed it. It's not like he cared, Caesar was the only parent he'll ever look up to. He was happy growing up in the guild, traveling and meeting people that are touched by magic like him, learning to control his abilities with the help of his father, helping people, learning new things, meeting Amorra...

A faint smile passed though his lips. He looked around, trying to find her, but she was nowhere to be found. Well, she did say she was tired. She must have already gone back to her quarters. Which reminds him...

He glanced back at the two kids. "Elin, Shiori, just talk over on what day you want us to go meet the Matriarch." he said, as he held the paper out again and unfolding it. Meanwhile, he has other stuff to do. "I'm just gonna talk to the Bartender and see what he can tell us about this job. Whatever day you decide to go, I'm all in. Just tell me." And with that, he slipped through the crowd and back to the bar, sitting on one of the stools as he placed the paper in front of him.

"Hey," he greeted the Bartender with a smile. He looked around him. Everyone else seem to be interested in the job listings, so he leaned in a little closer with a determined look on his face. "So... it's been two years since I was here last." he started uneasily. He glanced at Tyner, and shuffled a little away so he wouldn't hear. "Is she... Is there... I mean..." he hesitated. He cleared his throat, and decided to get to the point. "Is there anybody else that has been crushing on her since I've been gone? She..." his expression darkened. "She hasn't been taken yet, has she?" he whispered.

At Cato's words, Elin nodded emphatically, but the moment he had turned to go to the bar, Elin shot after Tyvin and caught her sleeve. She hadn't made it very far yet, and Elin could move very fast when he wanted to. She seemed to be talking to someone, but this was an emergency. "Tyvin, I'm going on a mission with Cato and I can't do anything! Can you teach me to use a bow before tomorrow?"

"Arg!" Tyvin had no warning before the speedy midget of excitement that was Elin had shot after her and grabbed her arm, the speed of it all causing her to stuble back despite probably weighing more than the boy. "Kid, calm the fuck down, I was walking. No need to rush, geez" She waited a moment to understand what Elin was saying, Elin's speedy entrance leaving her a bit slow on the uptake for the moment. "With the Windy Fuck?" She had now made that his official nick name.

"I thought with all the drool you kept flicking on him you'd forgotten about me" After listening she simply rolled her eyes and allowed herself to smirk at the excited boy, this obviously meant a lot to him. Impressing that random guy he just met. "The offer's still open, yeah. I probably have a little while before my new friend is ready for a mission" She looked to Alethea "You okay with me taking off with the kid for a while? We don't have to leave for the mission RIGHT now. You could use this time to find out more about the keep, if you'd like. Could be useful"

Shiori nodded as Cato went off to the bartender. She wondered what he wanted from the man, but she knew not to pry. As she was about to suggest the wait a day or two for the bounty, Elin shot off to go speak to Tyvin. She shrugged and sat down, opening her book to a page with a large map so she could see where exactly the Diadem was.

Alethea stopped abruptly when Tyvin left her sight, turning around to find her. A boy had her by the arm, and he... wanted archery lessons? Tyvin would make a good teacher, lucky kid. Smiling at Tyvin, she nodded, raising a sleeve-covered hand. "Yeah, no trouble at all! I'll ask around, see what I can find out. Good luck with the lesson." She smiled at the kid, giving a wave as she walked away, her hand still covered by her robe sleeve. Alethea suddenly felt overwhelmed by the amount of people in the tavern, and ducked around and between people nervously, making her way back toward the bar. Maybe there'd be somebody there that knew something about the keep? It was tempting to ask the bartender, he seemed wise, but he also intimidated her. Upon reaching the bar, she saw that talking to the bartender would have to wait anyway, so with a small, tired sigh, she trudged to a barstool and hopped up, resting her chin in her sleeve-covered hands and swinging her feet lazily.

"Hey," he greeted the Bartender with a smile. He looked around him. Everyone else seem to be interested in the job listings, so he leaned in a little closer with a determined look on his face. "So... it's been two years since I was here last." he started uneasily. He glanced at Tyner, and shuffled a little away so he wouldn't hear. "Is she... Is there... I mean..." he hesitated. He cleared his throat, and decided to get to the point. "Is there anybody else that has been crushing on her since I've been gone? She..." his expression darkened. "She hasn't been takenyet, has she?" he whispered.

The Bartender was polishing mugs, as he usually was. Polishing mugs was his own way of making the time pass faster, making the day between drinks go by. Gods, how he hoped someone would stimulate his brain!

Oh? And here that someone is!

The Bartender continued to polish his mug, but with an almost supernatural speed and fervor now. A glint in his eye and a small smirk emerged as he listened to Cato. "Two years goes by quickly. Welcome back, Master L'astaer." His name recognition never faltered. "I'm afraid, my boy, you'll have to be more specific on who you are referring to."

It was tempting to ask the bartender, he seemed wise, but he also intimidated her. Upon reaching the bar, she saw that talking to the bartender would have to wait anyway, so with a small, tired sigh, she trudged to a barstool and hopped up, resting her chin in her sleeve-covered hands and swinging her feet lazily.
Tyner knew his limits. Any more tea would be disastrous for his health; he drank to much of the damn stuff as it was. He glanced around the bar, pleased with how quickly bounties were being taken. Of course, with bounties go people, and the Respite would be quiet once more. He frowned.

Glancing to the stool next to him, he saw Alethia. He didn't know the girl well, but she seemed capable, if not young. "Tired?" he asked, glancing at his empty mug.

Turning her head slowly, Alethea blinked at the man on the stool next to her. It was Tyner, the man in charge. Assuming he was talking to her, she nodded lazily, chin still cradled in her hands. "Mhm," she said tiredly. "Coffee still needs to kick in. I'm lookin' for info on the Keep for the paranormal bounty I'm gonna take."

"The Chenive job, eh?" Tyner asked. "Haven't been to Chenive in some time. I'd assume they're talking about their old Nomadic guildhouse...." he trailed off. He hadn't thought of that place in years. It wasn't something most people knew about, but he remembered that place all too well.

"Oh, they had a Nomadic guildhouse there?" Alethea was surprised. She didn't realize Chenive had been very involved with the Nomads. "Chenive's a fair distance, isn't it? Are there..." Leaning toward the man slightly, she whispered, her eyes wide. "Really ghosts there?"

Back