[IC] Nomadium - The Nomad's Respite

Elnius smiled at the one who responded to his introduction and turned to them.

"Now we have not. My name is Elnius."

He then saw the person who he was talking to get distracted and turned his attention to what they were looking at. Inside the portal he saw a lowly field of flowers and his eyes widened slightly at the sight.

"Wow."

The Bartender would shoot yet another glare at Tyvin before going off to get another cup of coffee, already grumbling to himself and including many volatile words too detestable to even write down. "So, what's your quirk? Or is it just having fancy robes?" As she spoke Tyvin reached down slightly to pull on Aletha's robe, finding it rather strange how the clothing seemed a few sizes bigger than the woman before her. "Whoever you got it from seems to have ripped you off, or did they not have one in your size?"

Cato only took a moment to greet the new guy. He just smiled amiably, as he was quite enthralled by the scenery of the flowers beyond Shiori's portal. It was nothing like he has ever seen before. "Yo, Elnius." he greeted, hoping he got the name right. He usually does, but there is always one or two instances when he doesn't, and that's just awkward on his part. Thankfully, his upbeat attitude and joking manners always cover for himself. It's not like he doesn't want people to know about his disability, its just that when they do they usually go through unnecessary lengths to try and be 'considerate' to him. And over time, it gets annoying.

"I'm Cato. Cato L'astaer. Nice to meet you." he said, introducing himself briefly. His eyes though, are still distracted, mesmerized by the portal of Shiori's doing. "Now, I don't mean to be rude but if you'll excuse me..." he trailed off, as he watched Elin walk inside the portal without hesitation. He glanced at Shiori, wondering a bit. He had met different mages in the past because of what he does, and if there's something that is to be said about his first impression with Shiori, is that she seems to be pretty stable enough in her control of her powers. Well, if something bad comes up and I die... I'll just die a few years earlier. he thought nonchalantly as he, too, stepped inside the portal. Before fully immersing himself inside though, he glanced at Elnius and grinned. "I suggest you follow, Mister, I have a feeling this will be one interesting sight to see."

Shiori grinned as both Cato and Elin came through the portal. She walked down the hill and sat on its slope. All of a sudden, the sky seemed to fast forwarding time, and now one can see a beutiful night sky full of stars. The flowers glowed a luminescent color, and as Cato and Elin walked through them they left a shimmering trail as the flowers changed colors.
"You see, the spell allows me to control every aspect of this worl. Time, it's contents. Even gravity." She layed down and faced up into the sky. "I spent a whole day, in here, just seeing what I could do." As she stood up, she turned to them and smiled softly. "It's not much use in battles, like I said, but," she said breathlessly as she gazed at the sky "It sure is beutiful."

Last edited:
Cato grinned, The cool night wind caressed his cheeks, and he realized she was right. In this world, she is the Master. In this world, the wind does not bend to his will. Maybe he can try but... it would take so much effort and add so much strain on his body that it wasn't worth it. He sat down on the rock, simply enjoying the view around them. "You say this is useless in battle, but if you manage to get your enemy inside here, I thought it would be a piece of cake for you to finish them." he mused. "Although, this place... it really is quite nice, isn't it? " he said, as he touched the green grass. "It's quite ironic that the magic that kills us can bear such beautiful things. To be honest, this place is amazing... I'm quite envious." he replied, half serious and half teasing.

Elnius smiled back to Cato when he addressed him.

"Hello, Cato. How are you?"

Elnius saw everyone going in through the portal decided to follow. As he saw the flowers become naturally luminescent his eyes widened and his mouth hung open a bit.

"Oh wow. I've never seen flowers like this before."

He bent down to get a closer look at them.

Alethea shrugged, taken aback by Tyvin's casualness, and not noticing the bartender's language. It was nice, but nobody had ever just chatted with her about her magic before, much less touched her robe. "Who knows if he had one in my size, sleazy little jerk." Alethea made a face, sticking her tongue out and narrowing her eyes. She shook her sleeves back, counting her abilities on her fingers. "But anyway, I heal fast. And I'm fire resistant, and it grows poisonous quills. Oh, and also I'm stuck with it." Dropping her hands back into her lap with a sigh, she said, "It makes me scar, too. It's not the kindest robe." She looked at the counter and saw her cup of coffee, giving the bartender a small smile. "Thank you."

"Yeah.." Shiori responded. Sensing someone else can through the portal she glanced to it and saw a young adult man looking at her flowers. It was the same one with the earthy smell and gardening garb. She walked to him and kneeled.
"I made these." She said softly looking at the flowers. "They're quite interesting really. I can change them to have almost any property I want." She looked up at the man, "I'm Shiori. You're... Elinus right? I can show you how I change them if you want."

Elnius looked up when Shiori came his way and knelt next to him. he listened intently about how she made the plants herself and how she could manipulate them to have whatever properties she want. That was one thing he could not do with his powers. His face lit up and he smiled when she offered to show him how she changed them.

"Yes! Please show me how you do it!"

"Healings always nice. Lord knows I';d abuse the hell out of that" Tyvin nodded, listening carefully to the woman's explanation of her power, looking over her coat in slight wonderment. Killer clothing was new. "Poison quills? Cool!" She moved her head closer to the cloak, attempting to find said quills on the robe, but pulled away at the mention of the coats draw back. "Oh, sorry. That must be terrible. No offence, it's a really nice coat, but... What do you do when you need like a bath or something.... Does it self clean too!?

Alethea took a sip of her coffee, smiling in satisfaction. Nice and strong. Tyvin was quite amusing, trying to see the quills on the robe. They were retracted at the moment, but still, it made the girl giggle. At her question, Alethea shook her head. "Naw, I can get a few feet away from it... after extensive testing, it seems to be maybe ten feet? It's definitely not any farther, that's for certain." Ugh, unpleasant memories. It was a very nice coat, as Tyvin had said, but sometimes a girl wants to change up her fashion, you know? "Self cleaning would be quite handy, maybe it'll pick up new tricks." Alethea chuckled, picking up her coffee again.

"A few feet? Maybe you could try stuffing it in a bag when you wanna wear something different. Keep it close while having it off" Tyvin pointed out thoughtfully, the Bartender finally sliding her her morning drink, though she was a bit cautious about drinking it right now... "Well, it's a curse, demonic piece of fabric. Maybe it's like a dog!" Tyvin suggested, standing up with her finger raised as if she had a brilliant idea before leaning down towards Alethea, gazing down at her robe. "Oh.... Who's a good robe?!"

That wasn't a bad idea, honestly. The bag would probably end up sliding around, following her, but maybe it wouldn't be able to get out. "A dog?!" Alethea watched Tyvin in utter confusion. What... it wasn't gonna do anything, it was just an annoyin-- "Eh?!" To her surprise, the shoulder of the robe lifted itself slightly, pulling her toward Tyvin. Oh, not this again. Stupid thing liked to drag her around everywhere, and now, what, it... liked Tyvin? She was treating it like an animal, that made no sense to Alethea. She felt her arm lifted by the sleeve, and the cuff brushed her forehead in a salute toward Tyvin. "What." Giving Tyvin an exasperated look, she said, "Looks like you made a friend, Tyvin. Betraying little coat, you're not this nice to me." She muttered the second part, and the coat sleeve pulled again, causing her to bop herself in the face. "Ow."

Shiori smiled, and opened her book to a page with an illustratoin of the flower. She tapped it, and the runes on her finger began to glow. A image projected out from it, in the shape of the flowers. Several runes flew around it. She grabbed one and showed Elnius it.
"This is the color of the flower. Watch." She drew several other runes, and crumpled them together. Now, as the wind blew, the flowers faded from their original pink hue. Ripped of blue flowed across the sea of flowers. "I can do all sorts of things. Even things that aren't possible." She said as she began drawing a very large and complicated figure. When she was done, some of the flowers burst from the ground and started twirling in the air, flying, their roots tied around small clods of dirt and petals spinning around to lift them up. So many launched themselves in the air that one could barely see the sky. They rained down their luminescent light in a rainbow of colors. Shiori smiled softly. "There's probobly more I could do, but I don't know a lot about flowers and plants and stuff. I can't even make a tree in here!" She exclaimed jokingly "They're not real though. I tried to take one out but as soon as it left the portal it shattered into shards of light. Harmless, but I wish I could take them out." She turned to Elnius "Uh, what do you think?" she said nervously. Elnius towered over her, and her face flushed. Had she really just shown off like that, too a Mage no doubt much older than her?

Tyvin couldn't help but giggle as the robe actually reacted to her prodding, Alethea equally surprised with results before the sleeve raised to give Tyvin a salute. "I thought you might of been exaggerating, but it's actually alive... Urg, that must be uncomfortable" A living being being your only article of clothing? Hopefully cloth doesn't know the birds and the bees. When the sleeve caused Alethea a light boop, Tyvin offered her a smile. "Is it usually like this?"

"Oh yes, unfortunately, it is." Alethea lifted her other arm, pushing her hand back into her lap with an exasperated sigh. "It's rather mischievous, sometimes I think I just became its slave. It gets really annoying sometimes. I like to take it off and drag it in the mud behind me when it goes overboard taking me around places. Plus, then I get to show off my outfit, which is usually covered up by it." She shot Tyvin a mischievous grin. Giving her sleeve a suspicious look, Alethea raised her hand and picked up her coffee cup. The robe, however, showed no signs of resistance, so she lifted the drinking vessel and took another sip of the hot liquid.

"That's amazing. It's a shame you can't bring them out of here though. If I could have even just one seed I could make a whole flower bed of these."

Elnius looked down at the flowers with a bit of disappointment, before lifting head with a smile at Shiori.

"Still this is amazing what you can do in here."

"Won't that make it even more uncomfortable to wear?" Tyvin giggled, raising her own drink to her lips and downing the cup, before adjusting her postion on her stool; putting her back to the bartender with her head still facing Alethea. "I guess vengeance makes it a small price to pay" Placing her now empty cup down, Tyvin returned mischievous grin before speaking. "You're fucking weird. Meaning you'll be right at home here. You new? Or am I really bad at noticing people?"

Alethea hung her head, "It's true, mud's no fun..." Tyvin was so casual, and seemed very comfortable in the tavern. Alethea raised an eyebrow at the way she swallowed the contents of her entire cup so quickly, and nodded at her vengeance comment. That was exactly it, the action made her feel satisfied, despite the dirtied coat. Besides, she'd wake up the next morning and the robe would be sparkling like it was new again, each time almost more beautiful than the last, as if to mock her. Alethea couldn't help but grin at Tyvin's comment. She sure hoped she'd be at home. "I'm pretty new, yeah. A couple months, maybe?"

"Ah, good. That means I get to act like I'm superior" She slid her cu back over to the bartender, her now free hands placed at the back of her head in a relaxing manner. "Joking of course, don't think I'm tall enough to snobbishly stick my nose up that high. I've been here around a few years or so myself. Everyone here is a bit weird, we have wind guys, we have pocket dimension spawners and a giant lizard woman. And sometimes we work together" For a moment, Tyvin moved her hand to adjust her neck, clicking it into a comfortable manner. She really did wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning...

Back