New User I've been out of the RP game for about a decade now...

CrimsonGrey

Okay, so first off, I'm fully aware of how old that title makes me sound, so I'll just make a note that a lot of people started RPing during their preteen years, especially back in golden years of sites like gaia online and back when myspace was still relevant. So no, I'm not lying about my age, I just kind of quit RPing during my early high/secondary school years for personal reasons.

Admittedly, there was a clickbait element to that title, which I apologize for, but A) it's different; I enjoy standing out a little when I can, B) It's not entirely false; I think I quit at around age 15, and I'm just 2 months from 24, so yeah, almost 9 years which can count as "about a decade," and C) I dunno, it seemed like fun? I mean, this place seems like the kind of place where that kind of thing would be fun. :) Like, your first impression of me might be this mysterious RP veteran, coming back for reasons as unknown as why he left in the first place, more familiar with yahoo messenger than with skype. Oh, what sort of omen will this odd figure present himself to be? Oooooh!!! *does ominous, wavy-fingers thingy*

Anyways, so hi there! The name's Crimson. Well, technically my username on here is CrimsonGrey, which is my backup for my first pick, which I couldn't pick because apparently it's already been taken despite the fact that I did a search of members prior to creating an account and saw no member named Crimson, but all the same I'm fine with being called either. No it has nothing to do with blood or vampires or whatever. I just really love the color. Plus, being born in the mid 90s, I grew up watching the power rangers during its golden years, which means it was instilled in me at a very young age that whatever your favorite color is, everything about you must have something to do with said color. Somehow, said obsession with the color red, and subsequently, combined with my interest in darker things, (not emo or gothic, per se. I mean we all go through that phase, but I've moved past it) evolving it into crimson, just kind of stuck into my mid-twenties. I've pretty much just accepted it, and now the name Crimson has become a full blown pseudonym for me! Everything I do online short of official/professional stuff has "Crimson" attached in some way.

.....I should note that I type a lot....like....a lot, a lot.....like...when I post things on facebook, people mistake them for rants when I'm just making what I consider to be a standard post simply because of its sheer size...I hope that's okay...I mean this place seems oriented towards people who enjoy reading, as far as I can tell, so...hehehe. It honestly just stems from my fear of misunderstandings when speaking through text. In person, I'm incredibly quiet and reserved, but that's because body language, tone, and so on comes into play. With text based speech, I want to make everything as clear as possible, so I end up typing every little word that pops up in my head so as to remain both authentic and clear. The downside being I end up making walls of texts....hehehe

Okie dokie, so about me, well, I'm a 23 year old graduate student. I'm currently working on my master's thesis in Philosophy, where I specialize in Ethics, Analytic, and Political Philosophy. I'd prefer to hold off on my location for the time being, but I can say that I was born and raised in the States. :)
I'm pretty much into the entirety of geek culture. I enjoy anime and the like as well as DC and Marvel. As far as Marvel goes, I'm only really interested in the movies, and even then not so much. I'm more of a DC loyalist, as I grew up on DC. Between the two, DC is the only one I bother buying actual comics from (unless you count my weekly shonen jump subscription...). My all time favorite hero is Nightwing! :) ...well...all time favorite hero that I didn't create, that is.
As noted before, I'm a pretty big fan of anime. The level I'd consider myself is: Calling myself a fan of anime as opposed to an "otaku" not only because I don't really collect anything, but also because I'm aware that the term "Otaku" has a derogatory element to it in Japanese culture, so I don't want to take pride in something that is considered a bad thing by the very culture that created it.
My favorites are pretty basic, though. In no particular order: Food Wars, SAO, Black Butler, One Piece, Erased, Beautiful Bones, 91 Days, Code Geass, the entire Fate series, there are a lot more, and I'm leaving out the standard classics like cowboy bebop, dbz, gundam (although my favorite was G), FMA, pokemon (such a love/hate relationship with it, though), and cardcaptor sakura, simply because, well...they're classics. If you grew up watching anime like me, then of course you love them to some degree, but it's at a point where there need not be much mentioning of them, simply because by saying you love the classics, people generally tend to know what those are. It's like the Miyazaki films; it's pretty safe to assume I adore all of them.
As far as live action goes, I'm a big Supernatural fan and overall pretty content with what the CW is producing, (although my favorite DC show currently is Gotham), I love historical dramas, so like Frontier, Marco Polo, Ripper Street, and the Last Kingdom on Netflix, The Musketeers on BBC/Hulu, and probably a bunch more.
I'm also a huge fan of Red Vs Blue!

But yeah...outside of geek culture, I enjoy cooking :) I love experimenting with foods, particularly exotic and game meats. My Asian heritage paired with fond memories of watching Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern with my family pretty much guaranteed that, really ^.^;

I'm also a writer in my spare time! I'm working on a bunch of different short stories and even am planning on eventually publishing a web novel! I haven't published anything yet, and grad school is really hindering my progress, but hopefully, one day I'll get my stories out there for people to (hopefully) enjoy! :)

As far as RP goes, as the title suggests, I haven't done any in years, so it'll take some adjusting to however people RP these days, but back when I did, I mostly did Naruto based RPs.
However, having since gotten into MMOs, I've really gotten into fantasy stories.
I also love superhero stories, pirate stories, historical fiction (particularly Arthurian legend and 9th century Viking age). However, as evidenced by my avatar, my heart belongs to steampunk. A major part of the reason I consider myself an Anglophile is because I love things having to do with the Victorian Era, chief among them being steampunk stories.
Just to showcase how much I love the Victorian era, I love the entirety of the Sherlock Holmes Books and short stories, yet I've never seen the show, Sherlock. Why? Because it's based in modern times. It's a stupid reason, but it's important to me. I'm aware it's probably good, but I just can't get past the fact that my beloved series isn't based in the era I so love.

As far as why I'm getting back into the RP game? Well...as happy as I've been able to get recently...something's still been missing, and honestly? The last time I remember myself being genuinely happy was back when I was regularly playing and RPing in Gaiaonline. There's a lot of personal things attached to it, but the gist is that, I really miss feeling the happiness I did back then, and I can't say that I've been truly happy since, so despite having found some amazing friends and having my life progress nicely, it just still feels incomplete, and I'm hoping to find said completion here. This was mostly inspired because I just started watching the anime "Recovery of an MMO junkie," and well..it just got me thinking about the last time I was truly happy.

Anyways, as a final note...I want to first thank you, whoever you are, for reading as much as you have. I can assure you that usually only my intros are this long. During RPs and other instances where people more or less have to read what I'm posting, I'm fully capable of condensing what I post. It's just, as far as introductions go, I wanna give people as clear of an idea of who I am as possible, and I honestly can't say that I've done that unless I've been as thorough as I can be. Even then, when listing my favorite things, I just kind of cut the list short for the sake of keeping this as short as I can keep it. All my interests run so much deeper than I've shown so far.
Also, it's like, almost 6am where I am, and I haven't slept all night due to my insomnia, so....hehe
Anyways, thank you so much for reading. I really appreciate it, and I really hope that I get to make some awesome friends on here.

-'Til then!
Crimson

Welcome! Gosh that is alot to read but I tend to ramble a bit when I post so i guess I cant say much though I did enjoy reading everything and learning more about you! I havent been here too long and neither have I been RPing that long either, Ive only been RPing for about...um...6 months? Im more of an artist and only recently gotten into RPing, but anyway, Welcome! If your ever wanting to do some Fantasy RPs, feel free to message me!

Howdy there, welcome to our community! Damn that was a long intro XD You definitely spared no expense in writing that ^^

If I may ask, what sort of fandoms are you in if any? Any video games you're into?

Also, if you are at all interested or into the Halo Series, I'm in the midst of gathering players for a large Open Roleplay which focuses around the Human-Covenant War. If you're interested, take a look: https://www.storytellerscircle.com/threads/epic-roleplay-ic-the-halo-human-covenant-war.5752/

Hope you enjoy your stay and make many friends / RP Partners!

Thanks for the welcome guys! Also, thanks for taking the time to read everything! :) I really appreciate it! :) It's good to meet you!

Drackana: That sounds awesome! I'll try messaging you once I get my bearings of this place :) The whole idea of roleplaying again, right off the bat seems a bit daunting at the moment so I'm just browsing around to see how everyone else does it :) That's interesting that you're an artist, though! What made you decide to get into RPing? Do you post your work online, anywhere? I'd love to check it out sometime! :)

Raynar: Hm...I'm definitely in the Supernatural fandom...Also, I'm quite a big fan of the DC universe in its entirety, I collect comics, watch movies and shows, both animated and live action, and I suppose I'm a fairly well rounded anime fan? :) It's hard to say I belong to any one fandom with anime because you kind of just gotta go with the seasons with that one ^.^; Although Food Wars tends to be what I get most exited about.
I try to play some MMOs, but school takes too much time, so although I have things like Black Desert, Skyforge, Blade & Soul, and TERA downloaded, I haven't actually played them in a while. As for more conventional games, my overall favorite series are Devil May Cry, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, and Assassin's Creed...pretty basic, I know. I'm not much of a gamer. Not only am I not so good at the games I do play, but there's an entire genre I'm left out of. I can't play FPS. Nothing wrong with them, inherently, it's just I'm incredibly prone to motion sickness, so although some FPS games look incredibly fun, I can't look at the screen for more than 10 minutes without getting sick...so..hehe. Honestly, these days, I'm more relegated to watching let's plays on youtube as opposed to playing any myself. Although, I have to say, I do find time to play Fate/Grand Order on my phone ^.^; I was lucky to find it as the only other game I played on my phone, I finally gave up on (pokemon go....I just realized it wasn't the game I was hoping it to be and slowly was adopting the things that made me quit the core pokemon series, too)
As for Halo, sadly my only knowledge of it is from Red vs. Blue. As I said earlier, I physically am unable to play any fps games, so as much as I've wanted and tried to play Halo in the past, I can't, so I'm not really knowledgeable about the lore or anything like that. I appreciate the invite, though! However, I think I'd just become a burden since I wouldn't understand half of what's going on.

By god, you're old!

You're older than my dad, and he's........................... Wait, he is older than you.......... You're older than my mom!..... Wait, no, she's older too................

I NEED TO MAKE AN OLD JOKE DAMMIT! Lol.

But welcome, I've been here a week and I still don't know how to make a proper introduction for myself to new people. Lol.

Thanks for the welcome guys! Also, thanks for taking the time to read everything! :) I really appreciate it! :) It's good to meet you!

Raynar: Hm...I'm definitely in the Supernatural fandom...Also, I'm quite a big fan of the DC universe in its entirety, I collect comics, watch movies and shows, both animated and live action, and I suppose I'm a fairly well rounded anime fan? :) It's hard to say I belong to any one fandom with anime because you kind of just gotta go with the seasons with that one ^.^; Although Food Wars tends to be what I get most exited about.
I try to play some MMOs, but school takes too much time, so although I have things like Black Desert, Skyforge, Blade & Soul, and TERA downloaded, I haven't actually played them in a while. As for more conventional games, my overall favorite series are Devil May Cry, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, and Assassin's Creed...pretty basic, I know. I'm not much of a gamer. Not only am I not so good at the games I do play, but there's an entire genre I'm left out of. I can't play FPS. Nothing wrong with them, inherently, it's just I'm incredibly prone to motion sickness, so although some FPS games look incredibly fun, I can't look at the screen for more than 10 minutes without getting sick...so..hehe. Honestly, these days, I'm more relegated to watching let's plays on youtube as opposed to playing any myself. Although, I have to say, I do find time to play Fate/Grand Order on my phone ^.^; I was lucky to find it as the only other game I played on my phone, I finally gave up on (pokemon go....I just realized it wasn't the game I was hoping it to be and slowly was adopting the things that made me quit the core pokemon series, too)
As for Halo, sadly my only knowledge of it is from Red vs. Blue. As I said earlier, I physically am unable to play any fps games, so as much as I've wanted and tried to play Halo in the past, I can't, so I'm not really knowledgeable about the lore or anything like that. I appreciate the invite, though! However, I think I'd just become a burden since I wouldn't understand half of what's going on.

I try my best to make the plot as simple to understand as possible so that everyone gets a general idea of what's going on without having to know too much about the lore so I assure you that it shouldn't be too rough ^^ In fact since you know Red Vs Blue, that's a bit of a bonus since they do reference the original story a few times I do believe.

Final Fantasy? The only one I've played is Final Fantasy VI so I barely know anything before / after haha xD Devil May Cry is brilliant ^^ I love Dante :p

Hey, welcome to STC. I think you'll fit well in the club of over achievers when it comes to writing. Lol. You've already heard it from a few, but I'll say it again. That was a fantastic and very long introduction. That's what happens when you go to school. Something like that feels like nothing to write. Haha. Anyway, here is the link to give you some pointers on how to get your account approved. https://www.storytellerscircle.com/threads/account-approval-information.10/ If you need anything give a yell. Good to have you here and I hope to see you busily writing in the future.

Back