Land Down Under (KJDarKnight & Treasure)

Misty smiled a little at that "I had no idea they were so big" she glqnced towards the mouth of the cave "is everything out here going to be this scary though?"

Mathias smiled, happy with the response "now...your side. Don't want that infected"

"The trees aren't scary, and some of those flowers aren't bad," Jonah said musingly. "Lynna's cooking is still pretty scary, though, and so is her face if you tell her that."

She mumbled softly then shifted so Mathias had easier access to the two deep bites on her side. How she didn't have a chunk ripped out was a mystery.

Misty smiled and nearly laughed "should leave the cooking to Charlie" she said, glancing at the guy currently working on just that. "You know..I think he is crushing a bit on Lynna"

--

He gently worked on her side. Treating the wound like it was on one of the animals again instead of a womans exposed side "pretty lucky this wasn't any worse.." he noted

"Really?" Jonah glanced over in surprise. "I never would have guessed it! How can you tell?"

~~

She grunted softly, watching him, but her face was no longer quite as hostile as it had been. "Humans have names," she said abruptly. "Wolves do not. What name do you give yourself?"

She smiled faintly "her complaining about food prompted him to hand out thr apples that first day. He kept her blanket warm the night. He always serves her food first" she explained. Just small things but it showed favoritism. "And just the way he looks at her"

--

Mathias didn't look up from the wounds "Mathias" he answered simply "do you have a name?"

Jonah couldn't help a slight smirk as he watched Charlie. "Do you think Lynna notices?" He didn't think she had. She didn't seem to mind being around Charlie, but even now she was more alert and focused on the cave entrance and watching the shadowy figure of Mathias than she was in Charlie.

~~

She frowned, playing with the wolf's hair. "Yes," she said. She didn't seem inclined to answer beyond that, but then she said, "I can't remember it, but I have one. I think it was an A name." She looked down at the wolf. "I call him Meme. He permits me."

Misty shook her head "No I don't think so. Sometimes its hard to see when its happening to you"

--

Mathias nodded a little "you've been out here a long time then" he looked up only when he had finished dressing and bandaging the bites "you're both welcome to stay with us. Another day's travel and we will be where we intend to winter "

Jonah glanced down at her. "Yeah... I can understand that," he said quietly. He looked back at Lynna. "Think we should let her know? Or just see how it plays out?"

~~

She grunted softly, her full attention on the sleeping wolf. "You are nice," she muttered. "You are not frightened. Others are frightened. That female, she is frightened. Frightened creatures bite if pushed. Not wanting to push her." Her words were starting to slowly come back to her. Very slowly, but she was remembering how English worked.

Misty shook her head "best not to mettle. Charlie will find his courage.." she said, having relaxed a little with the distraction.

--

"Misty?" He sat back a bit now his work was done. "She won't bite. Scared of course but she will come around if you give her a chance."

"But if you were Lynna, wouldn't you like to have a clue?" Jonah asked casually.

~

She debated a bit longer then jerked her head in a nod. "Yes. I will stay. Lone wolf never servive long." She started to try to stand, but her legs wobbled and her head swam dizzily.

Misty looked over at Lynna and considered "I suppose it would be nice to know..." she wasn't sure

--

Mathias reached out to gently steady her "come on. Let me.help you inside where you can rest"

Jonah watched Misty out of the corner of his eye, but he couldn't bring himself to say anything more. What else was there to say? Although at this rate, they were both going to die of old age before he got around to telling her anything. He sighed softly and stood. "I'm going to see if Mathias needs any help."

Lynna was slowly inching her way toward the doorway, desperate to see what was going on.

~~

She nodded, not able to find the words in her swirling mind right now. She was aware of Meme standing stiffly when she moved, the wolf instantly aware of what was going on and checking to make certain she was safe.

Misty just nodded quietly and watched him go, her eyes fell back on Charlie who, then looked around at everyone else. Justira over in the darkest corner together. pepper resting with Peter and Badru standing guard over them then her eyes fell on Jonah again.
She knew he was always attentove to her needs. She had taken notice but she assumed it was simply because everyone else had paired off. But maybe not? She didn't know if she dared hope

--

Mathias brought her inside and helped her sit down again with her back to a wall so she could rest against it. Made sire she stayed in sight of the wolf too

The wolf limped after Mathias and gave him a half-hearted growl as he stiffly lay down and put his head on the girl's knee. She huddled down against the wall, exhausted, stained with dirt and blood, and looking far more fragile and young than she had before when armed and growling. She didn't thank Mathias or say anything at all, just closed her eyes and pressed into the wolf for warmth.

"Everything okay here?" Jonah asked Mathias. "Lynna is about out of her mind wanting to rush over here and pester you both with questions."

"Everything is fine..we just added a new member to our group that's all" he said, coming farther in and finally taking a seat himself "let her and her wolf rest" he said pointedly at Lynna

Lynna pouted a little. "Oh, come on! If we have a new member, shouldn't we all get introduced? And shouldn't the rest of us get a say about who joins us?"

Gray rolled his eyes skyward. He wished he could tell Lynna to hush, but she wasn't paying attention, so instead he turned to Justira and signed, "The girl and her wolf are injured. Mathias has offered them sanctuary with us."

Mathias sighed "Look at her Lynna, she's exhausted, she has nowhere to go and you said yourself humans should be with humans" he reminded her "Let the poor girl rest, gods know we all need it, then we can talk ok?"

Justira glanced towards the wolf anxiously "Is that wise?" she signed, reasonably afraid of wolves

"Oh, alright, fine. Be all wise and reasonable," Lynna grumbled before returning to sit with Charlie. "Can't blame me for being curious."

Gray stuied the wolf a moment before replying. "It looks old and tired, and Mathias would not bring it in if it was unsafe. As long as we give it space, it should not feel threatened."

Mathias chuckled softly and left it at that, leaning back against the wall and watched the others

Charlie shrugged "I trust Mathias to know what's best, he'll tell us everything when the time is right" he said before pulling an apple out and offering it to her "Last one"

Justira frowned but nodded "Trust me. I'll give him all the space he needs"

Badru left Peter and Pepper briefly as he walked over and crouched by Mathias, keeping both of their lines of sight open to the girl and her wolf. "Are you well?"

~~

Lynna glanced at him and studied the apple for a moment. "That does look good... but maybe Peter or one of the others should have it, instead. I think they could use the sugar boast more than me."

~~

Gray touched her arm briefly. "I will watch them tonight. I get plenty of rest when I am being carried, so I do not need much sleep." Well, it wasn't exactly "rest," but it was something.

Back