Land Down Under (KJDarKnight & Treasure)

Mathias put his arm around her back to help support her "we aren't far" he glanced at the wolf before he started to lead the way back to the cave "so..what happened to you two?"

She grumbled softly, limping along with the wolf trailing behind. "The pack split," she said. "The young alpha took over. Tried to kill the alpha and beta. The pack split into two."

"I see...and didn't go well for you" he noted "I'm sorry about that" he said sincerely.

As promised, the cave came into view moments later

"The wolf way is right," she stated then her eyes dropped. "I am too human. I could not let my Alpha go." She glanced back at the big wolf. "I am his Beta. I guard him."

"Oh...we had it a bit wrong then..." course what he knew about wolves was based on observations and scraps of passed down information "well..good I heard you. Something would have picked you both off" he brought her up to the mouth of the cave before helping her sit "Badru get Misty and the medical supplies..please?"

She hissed softly in pain as Mathias sat her down. The wold instantly went to her and laid down, licking his bleeding hind leg. "Fight took us close to humans. They attack. We run away. Humans bad luck," she grumbled. Her hand found the wolf's head and stroked it tenderly.

Badru went instantly to Misty. "There is trouble. Misty, we need medical supplies," he rumbled. "Jonah, stay alert."

Jonah nodded intently. "Right."

"I agree. Humans can be heartless but they aren't all bad"

Misty was quick to grab her bag. Assuming it was Mathias who was hurt.

When she came out and found the wild girl and a wolf she paused and stared for a moment before she tried to push her fear back "I uhhm...." her eyes were on the wolf. Injured or not it was terrifying to see up close like this.

Smelling fear, the wolf lifted his head and growled at Misty, but there was not much strength left in the gesture. The woman put her hand on his head and rubbed his muzzle, calming him. Then her fierce gaze turned to Misty.

"Who you?" she demanded. "Beta?" An awfully weak beta if she was the beta. She'd thought that other female was the beta.

Misty jumped a little when the wolf growled she looked at the woman "beta?" She didn't know what that meant "I uh..Misty..ahe shoved the medical kit intp Mathias's hands and ducked quickly back into the cave. Feeling weak and foolish the moment she did.

Mathias sighed "No. We aren't a wolf pack. We're just humans, now let me see your ankle"

Bdru stood just inside the cave, and he gave Misty an encouraging nod.

"What's going on out there? Is Mathias alright?" Jonah asked Misty.

She grunted and didn't give him her ankle just yet. "Meme needs help more than me. Tend him first."

"He's fine but...there's a wild girl and a wolf..." Misty said before retreating to the back of the cave to hide from everything.

Mathias nodded "will he let me? I don't fancy losing a hand"

"A what?" Jonah asked in confusion.

"Wait, you mean THE wild girl?" Lynna asked in shock.

"I will hold his head, and even if he does bite you, he does not have many teeth left," she pointed out. "His leg and there on his side. Under much fur."

Misty shrugged "yeah I guess" she felt ashamed for being afraid..again. ahe hugged her knees and looked at the ground.

Mathias gave a nod and didn't queation her further, turning to the big wolf instead, getting out what he needed to patch him up

Jonah walked over and sat next to Misty. Everyone else seemed distracted by the wolf and girl. Gray was trying to tell Justira all about it. No one was looking this way. Gingerly, he patted Misty's shoulder. "It's okay," he said clumsily. "Mathias wouldn't let anything close if it meant harm.:

The wolf whined and started to struggle, but she held his head firmly while Mathias work. The wolf slowly calmed and lay still for the human.

Misty looked up at him and hugged her knees tighter "Yet...I'm still scared..how pathetic is that..." she sighed and looked back down "I hate being scared of everything..."

Mathias worked as gently and quickly as possible. He had helped injured animals before at least

"Sounds normal to me," Jonah said. "Especially after getting your neck chomped on by a freakin' cannibal. No one would recover from that easily."

She watched him closely, still suspicious, but she had to grudgingly admit, "You are good at this."

She rubbed her shoulder "You were there too...almost all of you were and..I'm the only one cowering" sure she was the only one who qctually got bit but true to Misty nature she just put herself down

Mathias only glanced up "not my first time.." he said simply. Having the wolf patched he looked at her "now can I help you?"

Jonah looked up at the ceiling quietly. "I... I still dream about it, sometimes," he admitted. "I know a couple of the others do, too, but none of us actually had a beast gnawing on us. That's a bit different."

She grunted softly and held out her leg first. She'd let him look at that before she let him look at her side. He seemed to be alright... maybe.

She looked back up at him "you...do?" Ahe found that rather surprising. "I guess you have a point...nobody else got dragged out and bitten"

Mathias carefully as he could tended to her ankle, getting it wrapped to add support "better?" He glanced up at her face

"You got it the worst, so it is natural you'd be, you know, scared the worst," Jonah said quietly. "That's nothing to be ashamed of. Besides." He leaned closer and dropped his voice. "Wolves are damn scary!"

She cautiously moved her leg, expecting a stab of pain, but the wrap held it steady. "Better," she said, almost surprised.

Back