View attachment 10825

"And you seem like the kid who'd hop into a white van because you heard there's candy inside," Peter huffed toward Erin in turn. "All I'm saying is that we shouldn't--" He began, until Michelle volunteered and stepped forward to open the door herself.

"Hey, wait!" He attempted to exclaim, though of course, his words fell upon literal deaf ears. As Michelle pushed through the door with that, Peter standing cautiously behind her, they would find themselves in yet another hall. One much brighter lit than before. It was a much smaller hall, with another door in plain sight, along with a corner to the right.

As the group would move forward into the new, much brighter hall, Peter gulped slightly, before furrowing his brow as he realized this hall looked strangely familiar. "Wait a minute..." He murmured, taking another few steps forward before peering around the corner to the right. Down that corridor was a pair of double doors with a familiar sign that hung above that read Activity Room.

"What the hell? That's impossible!" Peter exclaimed in confusion. How could they have made one turn, walked straight ahead, only end up back where they started? With his confusion overtaking his prior apprehension, Peter jogged forward, pushing open the doors back to the Activity Room.

"I seem to be no worse for wear. A bona fide miracle," Elijah responded to Hagusa, maintaining his wry expression as he spoke.

Before everyone could get much further wondering about what had just happened, among other things, the doors burst open, revealing Peter and the others who followed him to find Dr. Staple had returned to the room. Peter in particular had a bewildered look on his face, though Fujiko paid it no mind as she was the first to speak to him.

"Oh, there you are. Did you manage to find the Doc?" Fujiko asked.

"Huh? Uh... No, we... we couldn't find her," Peter mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck in discomfort.

The woman gave a deadpan glare at him, before sighing in resignation. "Well, I guess it's to be expected. The earthquake probably messed up your sense of direction, right? Came completely out of nowhere."

"What earthquake?" Peter asked with a furrowed brow, genuinely confused.

Fujiko only gave another glare. "... I know you're slow, Petrelli, but not this much. You can't be serious."

"No, I don't know what you're talking about! Right, guys? We don't remember any earthquake, right?" He asked back to those who accompanied him; Michelle, Erin, Flynn, Khada, and Morgan.

@Jeremi @Minerva @Ottonomous Ghost @Capri @Crunch

@Yun Lee @Rwac96 @Gummi Bunnies @Not a Writer @Josh @York @Takumi @Neko Shogun @Lucky @Sark

Realizing that they had ended up right where they started, the artist's eyes lit up. He clapped lightly, making sure not to steal the scene. "Well played! Had I been told that I would be a part of a magician's act, I would've better prepared myself," he exclaimed. To those who had opted to stay in the Activity Room, it seemed like he was talking to himself, but he was hoping that the disembodied voice was listening in. "I do hope to eventually see who's behind all of this. The suspense is ... well, it's killing me."

Khada was silent for the most part after the initial reveal. He had no words to add to the scene. He took pleasure in simply watching everything unfold naturally, his watchful eye peering at nearly everyone's distress, taking particular interest in Flynn's outburst, Takara's sickness, and Clark's grimace. He eventually snapped himself out of it, however, feeling that he had been staring for too long. When did he develop that habit?​

"Malfunction, dear Ms. Matsushita," Erin spoke, patting Takara's back, "It was just a technical malfunction. We heard the construction outside, Mr. Coward... sorry... Mr. Petrelli was there too, and so was Mr. Blazkowitz, and Mr. Jhin, too. Ms. Curry was there too but she's deaf. You can ask them about it and I'm sure they'll say the same thing.

"Well, I wouldn't say that it was a malfunction," Jhin said to the crowd, "I'm sure it was all part of the act. You have to admit, as frightening as this all may be, it is impressive, is it not? To fool two groups of people simultaneously, without the other noticing?"

"Malfunction?" Clark spoke up, talking to both Erin and Jhin. "Part of an act? An Earthquake and Blackout happening at once and no one noticing the other is a bit much of an 'act' or 'malfunction'." Furrowing his brows, he adjusts his glasses and takes a deep breath. This has been a stressful day so far for the journalist, and it was supposed to be the last day.

"Even if it was a malfunction," he folds his arms, "wouldn't we see people show up to do repairs? Why didn't we hear one of the orderlies call in an evacuation?! None of this is making any damned sense!"

@Jeremi @Minerva @Ottonomous Ghost @Capri @Crunch @Sark @Ver @Takumi @Not a Writer @Neko Shogun @Josh @York @Yun Lee @Lucky

ERIN NATICK
@Ver @Ottonomous Ghost @Rwac96 @EveryoneElse

"Khada" Jhin - Activity Room
@Rwac96 @Jeremi @Minerva @Ottonomous Ghost @Capri @Crunch @Sark @Ver @Takumi @Not a Writer @Neko Shogun @Josh @York @Yun Lee @Lucky @anyone

Realizing that they had ended up right where they started, the artist's eyes lit up. He clapped lightly, making sure not to steal the scene. "Well played! Had I been told that I would be a part of a magician's act, I would've better prepared myself," he exclaimed. To those who had opted to stay in the Activity Room, it seemed like he was talking to himself, but he was hoping that the disembodied voice was listening in. "I do hope to eventually see who's behind all of this. The suspense is ... well, it's killing me."

Khada was silent for the most part after the initial reveal. He had no words to add to the scene. He took pleasure in simply watching everything unfold naturally, his watchful eye peering at nearly everyone's distress, taking particular interest in Flynn's outburst, Takara's sickness, and Clark's grimace. He eventually snapped himself out of it, however, feeling that he had been staring for too long. When did he develop that habit?

"Well, I wouldn't say that it was a malfunction," Jhin said to the crowd, "I'm sure it was all part of the act. You have to admit, as frightening as this all may be, it is impressive, is it not? To fool two groups of people simultaneously, without the other noticing?"

"Mr. Jhin," Erin began, "You must be sorely mistaken if you think this is all some act. Your issue is that you view everything in your life as if you were a passive observer,"

She turned to Clark

"Malfunction?" Clark spoke up, talking to both Erin and Jhin. "Part of an act? An Earthquake and Blackout happening at once and no one noticing the other is a bit much of an 'act' or 'malfunction'." Furrowing his brows, he adjusts his glasses and takes a deep breath. This has been a stressful day so far for the journalist, and it was supposed to be the last day.

"Even if it was a malfunction," he folds his arms, "wouldn't we see people show up to do repairs? Why didn't we hear one of the orderlies call in an evacuation?! None of this is making any damned sense!"

@Jeremi @Minerva @Ottonomous Ghost @Capri @Crunch @Sark @Ver @Takumi @Not a Writer @Neko Shogun @Josh @York @Yun Lee @Lucky

"Mr. Kent, we did experience a blackout, just not an earthquake" Erin said, "That's why I say it was an equipment malfunction beneath us. We didn't see any employees because you weren't in harm's way! And if we didn't experience it, then there would be no need for an evacuation because the effects on this level were entirely localized in this room,"

"Also, orderlies!? What era do you come from, the 1950s?"

"Mr. Jhin," Erin began, "You must be sorely mistaken if you think this is all some act. Your issue is that you view everything in your life as if you were a passive observer,"
Khada stood there for a few seconds, apparently struggling to process the harsh words that were abruptly shoved into his heart. "Passive observer?" he laughed, blinking rapidly, "Passive observer? Oh no, you've got this all wrong, Erin. You see, if I had it my way, I would be..." He trailed off, his eyes drifting to the floor as his eyebrows furrowed. Beads of sweat formed on his neck as a false image flashed into his mind for just a moment.

dHjQQvk.png

His eyes shifted back to Erin. "The world-- would be my stage!" he snapped suddenly. He stared at her with a strong expression before finally looking away, his face losing life and color. He grabbed an empty seat and sat down, resting his right leg upon his left knee. Except, this time, he didn't bring out his tablet to begin drawing again. Instead, he covered his face with his palms, withdrawing into the blank depths of his mind, losing all inspiration.​

Continued from here.

Chapter 1
"Glass Half-Empty"

Gathered together all in one space, the patients of Raven Hill Memorial are nearing the end of their rehabilitation period, as confirmed by their doctor, Ellie Staple, ready to be released back into the real world as "normal" people who have recovered from their delusions of their past lives as fantastical characters are washed away. The sole exception is one patient, a certain Elijah Price, who continues to believe he is a supervillain mastermind named Mr. Glass.

As the group adjusts to their purported clean bill of health, Staple is forced to leave before long, citing an emergency elsewhere. Just as she leaves, Elijah stirs out of his catatonic state and begins taunting the group unprompted, claiming that it is in fact their new "normal" lives that are the delusions, eliciting a wide range of emotions and responses from them. The exchange reaches such a fever pitch that some of the group elects to go after Dr. Staple and fetch her to calm the situation down, while the rest remained where they were to keep an eye on Elijah in the meantime.

Those who attempted to fetch Dr. Staple however quickly ended up encountering a strange experience as they were led into a long-winded corridor, where they heard strange voices ring out, as well as equally strange noises such as tapping on the walls. It was during this time that those who remained with Elijah suddenly came under attack by an earthquake seemingly out of nowhere, which came to an end after a few seconds, as abruptly as it had come.

As the former of the two groups reached the end of the strange corridor, they found themselves somehow back where they started, in the same hall they started out from. Dazed and confused, they return to the room they started out in, reuniting with the rest of the group, revealing that they had no idea what earthquake they were talking about.

And that was only the beginning of it all.

As Flynn directed his suspicions toward Elijah about what was going on, the wheelchair-bound man merely gave a wry smile. "Oh, Mr. Blazkowicz, I surely have no idea what you mean. The others can attest to that, there was no way I could have possibly done anything, least of all lead you astray. No, I was too busy trying not to perish from a mere, nasty fall," he shook his head. "You know, from the earthquake you and your compatriots claim to not know anything about."

Before too long however, it was then that another strange thing happened. A faint, yet intense voice could be heard in the distance, through the halls and paper-thin walls of the institute.

"Listen, I need to reach them! I don't have much time!" The unfamiliar male voice exclaimed.

"Sir, this is private property that you are intruding upon. I'm going to have to ask you to leave the premises immediately, or you will be forcefully removed by Security," Staple's similarly faint voice could be heard responding in turn.

"Oh? What's this? Do we have company?" Fujiko mused to herself, and before even she knew it, she had gotten out of her seat, sauntering toward the exit to investigate. "Today is just full of surprises, it seems."

"Wait, where are you going?!" Peter exclaimed, standing up to follow after her.

"To take a look. Except I won't get lost like you did," the woman snapped toward him, walking from the Activity Room to the hallway, and making a left turn at the end of the hall, just as Peter and the rest of his group did earlier.

"Wait, no, that's not--!" Peter began to protest, not wanting Fujiko to get trapped in the strange dark corridor he was in earlier, yet as the woman opened the door, only to find that yet again something had changed. As Peter and those who followed him earlier would see, a completely different hallway waited behind the door around the left corner this time, a much more brightly lit and shorter passage, with another door at the end with a sign hovering above that simply said "Lobby," denoting where it led, and where Staple must have been talking with this unknown, supposed intruder.

"What the hell...?" The man could only utter as the hallway before him sported a completely different look, yet... it registered in his mind as correct, as the hall it was supposed to be. Was that just a shared fever dream the last time he passed through, or...?

"What are you standing around for? Come on! The rest of you guys are curious too, right?" Fujiko called out.

Cast List
@Gummi Bunnies as Chloe Winters
@Rwac96 as Clark Kent
@York as Eno Liberi
@Capri as Erin Natick
@Crunch as Flynn Blazkowicz
@Sark as Godfrey Routledge "Brother Patrick"
@Takumi as Hagusa Fujisaki
@Lucky as Isaac "Icarus" Clark
@Atomic Knight as Kaapo Reyes
@Yun Lee as Karina Romanova
@Ottonomous Ghost as Khada Jhin
@Neko Shogun as Lucinia Porter
@Jeremi as Michelle Curry
@Minerva as Morgan Yu
@Not a Writer as Takara Matsushita
@Josh as Sylvia Li

Chapter 1:
Man or Superman? Both?

Today was supposed to be Clark Kent's last day at the Raven Hill Memorial Institute, as he was brought in by his wife, Lois, due to the delusion that he was some superhuman named Superman. He thought these delusions had ended until Doctor Staple left and a seemingly catatonic man named Elijah began to talk. Along with a strange Earthquake that suddenly started and ended, he began to have...image flashes of the people from this Superman's life. Most were his enemies, some involved his wife and a strange Bat-Themed Vigilante. It was strange, all of it. Clark is a human, a man who was adopted by Martha and Jonathan Kent. This 'Superman' delusion was spurred on by the stress of Lois' investigative journalism and no answers to who his birth parents were.

The possibility that he was some superhero is preposterous, yet the strange occurrences happening in the hospital weren't really adding up.

"Also, orderlies!? What era do you come from, the 1950s?"

"It's," he pinches the bridge of his nose when Erin spoke up to him using the word 'orderlies', letting out a small sigh. "Ugh, I grew up in a small town." Clark shrugs his shoulders at her pointing this out, as he has gotten used to questions and comments ever since he entered the big city when he went to Metropolis University.

Before too long however, it was then that another strange thing happened. A faint, yet intense voice could be heard in the distance, through the halls and paper-thin walls of the institute.

"Listen, I need to reach them! I don't have much time!" The unfamiliar male voice exclaimed.

"Sir, this is private property that you are intruding upon. I'm going to have to ask you to leave the premises immediately, or you will be forcefully removed by Security," Staple's similarly faint voice could be heard responding in turn.

View attachment 10837

The familiar, faint voice of Doctor Staple drew his attention away from Erin's comment...along with the unfamiliar voice of a man. Adjusting his thick, square, black-rimmed glasses again, he proceeds to walk out of the Activity Room along with Fujiko. His brows furrowed as Peter began to protest, turning his head to give the youth a quick glance.

"Some of us here do want some answers," the Kansas-Raised man says sternly, as he steps into the hallway. His blue eyes turn to the woman as she urged the others to follow. "After the strangeness that's been happening, I'd like to know as well."

@Jeremi @Minerva @Ottonomous Ghost @Capri @Crunch @Sark @Ver @Takumi @Not a Writer @Neko Shogun @Josh @York @Yun Lee @Lucky @Atomic Knight

Last edited:
ERIN NATICK
@Ver @EveryoneElse

Erin just sat down. "You all can go on without me," she says, "No interest in other people's business. 'Sides, what if that person Dr. Staple's talking to is dangerous?"

Chapter 1:
Man or Superman? Both?

Today was supposed to be Clark Kent's last day at the Raven Hill Memorial Institute, as he was brought in by his wife, Lois, due to the delusion that he was some superhuman named Superman. He thought these delusions had ended until Doctor Staple left and a seemingly catatonic man named Elijah began to talk. Along with a strange Earthquake that suddenly started and ended, he began to have...image flashes of the people from this Superman's life. Most were his enemies, some involved his wife and a strange Bat-Themed Vigilante. It was strange, all of it. Clark is a human, a man who was adopted by Martha and Jonathan Kent. This 'Superman' delusion was spurred on by the stress of Lois' investigative journalism and no answers to who his birth parents were.

The possibility that he was some superhero is preposterous, yet the strange occurrences happening in the hospital weren't really adding up.

"It's," he pinches the bridge of his nose when Erin spoke up to him using the word 'orderlies', letting out a small sigh. "Ugh, I grew up in a small town." Clark shrugs his shoulders at her pointing this out, as he has gotten used to questions and comments ever since he entered the big city when he went to Metropolis University.

View attachment 10837

The familiar, faint voice of Doctor Staple drew his attention away from Erin's comment...along with the unfamiliar voice of a man. Adjusting his thick, square, black-rimmed glasses again, he proceeds to walk out of the Activity Room along with Fujiko. His brows furrowed as Peter began to protest, turning his head to give the youth a quick glance.

"Some of us here do want some answers," the Kansas-Raised man says sternly, as he steps into the hallway. His blue eyes turn to the woman as she urged the others to follow. "After the strangeness that's been happening, I'd like to know as well."

@Jeremi @Minerva @Ottonomous Ghost @Capri @Crunch @Sark @Ver @Takumi @Not a Writer @Neko Shogun @Josh @York @Yun Lee @Lucky @Atomic Knight
"I'm with Clark, here. Something here feels off. I don't like it. We need to figure this out"
View attachment 10838
Sylvia's voice rang softly, as she moved forward towards the voice. Stepping into the hallway.

[I'm more curious about. Nevermind.] Having not heard anyone, but seeing the other people talking about someone new got her curious. Was it a family member? Michelle was disappointed that none of her family had come to visit, but then again they had been really put off with her delusions.

Pushing back the separation anxiety she'd follow Fujiko to wherever they were heading.

@Ver @Everyone

ERIN NATICK
@Ver @Rwac96 @Takumi @Crunch @Josh @Jeremi @Not a Writer @Everyone

"Malfunction, dear Ms. Matsushita," Erin spoke, patting Takara's back, "It was just a technical malfunction. We heard the construction outside, Mr. Coward... sorry... Mr. Petrelli was there too, and so was Mr. Blazkowitz, and Mr. Jhin, too. Ms. Curry was there too but she's deaf. You can ask them about it and I'm sure they'll say the same thing.

Erin's tone turns into a whisper, entering Takara's ear as the girl vomited on the floor.

"Albeit, probably not Mr. Petrelli he's kinda odd, same with Mr. Blazkowitz who's currently being kinda Ableist right now, you can't just attack a guy on a wheelchair,"

"Told you so!" Erin said, before returning to comfort Takara.
"Woah there, are you sure you're okay?" Hagusa asked with a furrowed brow.

"I don't think there's any machine malfunction out there violent enough to cause what felt like an earthquake in one specific place without being felt anywhere else, at least not here, but keep telling yourself that." Hagusa replied to Erin before returning his attention to Takara. She looked pretty bad, at least to him.

"You need anything?" He asked Takara, crouching near her yet staying out of the way in case she did start to vomit.

@Ver @Capri @Not a Writer @Jeremi @Josh @Lucky @Neko Shogun @Everyone @Activity Room
Continued from here.

Chapter 1
"Glass Half-Empty"

Gathered together all in one space, the patients of Raven Hill Memorial are nearing the end of their rehabilitation period, as confirmed by their doctor, Ellie Staple, ready to be released back into the real world as "normal" people who have recovered from their delusions of their past lives as fantastical characters are washed away. The sole exception is one patient, a certain Elijah Price, who continues to believe he is a supervillain mastermind named Mr. Glass.

As the group adjusts to their purported clean bill of health, Staple is forced to leave before long, citing an emergency elsewhere. Just as she leaves, Elijah stirs out of his catatonic state and begins taunting the group unprompted, claiming that it is in fact their new "normal" lives that are the delusions, eliciting a wide range of emotions and responses from them. The exchange reaches such a fever pitch that some of the group elects to go after Dr. Staple and fetch her to calm the situation down, while the rest remained where they were to keep an eye on Elijah in the meantime.

Those who attempted to fetch Dr. Staple however quickly ended up encountering a strange experience as they were led into a long-winded corridor, where they heard strange voices ring out, as well as equally strange noises such as tapping on the walls. It was during this time that those who remained with Elijah suddenly came under attack by an earthquake seemingly out of nowhere, which came to an end after a few seconds, as abruptly as it had come.

As the former of the two groups reached the end of the strange corridor, they found themselves somehow back where they started, in the same hall they started out from. Dazed and confused, they return to the room they started out in, reuniting with the rest of the group, revealing that they had no idea what earthquake they were talking about.

As Flynn directed his suspicions toward Elijah about what was going on, the wheelchair-bound man merely gave a wry smile. "Oh, Mr. Blazkowicz, I surely have no idea what you mean. The others can attest to that, there was no way I could have possibly done anything, least of all lead you astray. No, I was too busy trying not to perish from a mere, nasty fall," he shook his head. "You know, from the earthquake you and your compatriots claim to not know anything about."

"Oh? What's this? Do we have company?" Fujiko mused to herself, and before even she knew it, she had gotten out of her seat, sauntering toward the exit to investigate. "Today is just full of surprises, it seems."

"To take a look. Except I won't get lost like you did," the woman snapped toward him, walking from the Activity Room to the hallway, and making a left turn at the end of the hall, just as Peter and the rest of his group did earlier.

"Wait, no, that's not--!" Peter began to protest, not wanting Fujiko to get trapped in the strange dark corridor he was in earlier, yet as the woman opened the door, only to find that yet again something had changed. As Peter and those who followed him earlier would see, a completely different hallway waited behind the door around the left corner this time, a much more brightly lit and shorter passage, with another door at the end with a sign hovering above that simply said "Lobby," denoting where it led, and where Staple must have been talking with this unknown, supposed intruder.

"What the hell...?" The man could only utter as the hallway before him sported a completely different look, yet... it registered in his mind as correct, as the hall it was supposed to be. Was that just a shared fever dream the last time he passed through, or...?

"What are you standing around for? Come on! The rest of you guys are curious too, right?" Fujiko called out.

Cast List
@Rwac96 as Clark Kent
@York as Eno Liberi
@Capri as Erin Natick
@Minerva as Morgan Yu
@Josh as Sylvia Li
Chapter 1:
Man or Superman? Both?

View attachment 10837

"I'm with Clark, here. Something here feels off. I don't like it. We need to figure this out"
View attachment 10838
Sylvia's voice rang softly, as she moved forward towards the voice. Stepping into the hallway.

Fortunately, with time and excruciating effort, the florist managed to swallow back the bile building steadily in her throat. She released a quiet groan, grimacing briefly as she tucked her head between her knees. Some part of her was aware that Erin was rubbing her back and speaking to her, but the words didn't click, and she wasn't quite processing just who was touching her either. She was just quiet, save for a couple of muffled burps as her willpower waged war with her stomach. A long few minutes went by before the internal rampage finally began to decline, leaving her to release a lengthy sigh of relief. It was a minute or two beyond even that that she slowly lifted her head, pale and shaky but at least slightly better than before.

Green eyes flickered groggily between Erin and Hagusa before she managed a tired grin. "Oh. Um, t-thank you both," she awkwardly offered, her arms still wrapped around her midsection. Her head was still swimming, and the faintest bit of nausea still tickled her senses, but she desperately hoped to push past all that. "I think... I-I'm okay, now. Sorry. I guess getting jostled around like that was... a little much for me." A double whammy; a reminder of the crash, and a reminder of her illusory psychic powers. Today just kept getting worse. But damn it, she wouldn't let the strange goings-on dissuade her. She was Takara Matsushita. She was twenty-eight years old, and shared a home with her younger sister, Fumika, who she treasured with all she was. She ran the most successful flower business in her hometown. She would not let childish fantasy get the better of her.

Very cautiously, she began to stand, proud of herself for only wobbling slightly as she did so. She wasn't sure what the visitor business everyone was talking about was, but she admittedly was desperate for just about anything to take her mind off of her current typhoon of thoughts. "If you're all going, I'll come, too. Although, we should t-try not to make any extra trouble for doctor Staple... I'm sure she can help us after she's through with talking to whoever's here." There was a pause, before she hesitantly glanced at Elijah. "Ah... What about you? I'm guessing the answer is no, but would you like to come along? I don't mind helping you if so," she offered, patiently. She had no issues with the man thus far, but she couldn't imagine him wanting to strike up a casual conversation with the doctor.

@Jeremi @Minerva @Ottonomous Ghost @Capri @Crunch @Sark @Ver @Takumi @Rwac96 @Neko Shogun @Josh @York @Yun Lee @Lucky @Atomic Knight @alllll​

Continued from here.

Chapter 1
"Glass Half-Empty"

Cast List
@Rwac96 as Clark Kent
@York as Eno Liberi
@Capri as Erin Natick
@Minerva as Morgan Yu
@Josh as Sylvia Li

Fortunately, with time and excruciating effort, the florist managed to swallow back the bile building steadily in her throat. She released a quiet groan, grimacing briefly as she tucked her head between her knees. Some part of her was aware that Erin was rubbing her back and speaking to her, but the words didn't click, and she wasn't quite processing just who was touching her either. She was just quiet, save for a couple of muffled burps as her willpower waged war with her stomach. A long few minutes went by before the internal rampage finally began to decline, leaving her to release a lengthy sigh of relief. It was a minute or two beyond even that that she slowly lifted her head, pale and shaky but at least slightly better than before.

Green eyes flickered groggily between Erin and Hagusa before she managed a tired grin. "Oh. Um, t-thank you both," she awkwardly offered, her arms still wrapped around her midsection. Her head was still swimming, and the faintest bit of nausea still tickled her senses, but she desperately hoped to push past all that. "I think... I-I'm okay, now. Sorry. I guess getting jostled around like that was... a little much for me." A double whammy; a reminder of the crash, and a reminder of her illusory psychic powers. Today just kept getting worse. But damn it, she wouldn't let the strange goings-on dissuade her. She was Takara Matsushita. She was twenty-eight years old, and shared a home with her younger sister, Fumika, who she treasured with all she was. She ran the most successful flower business in her hometown. She would not let childish fantasy get the better of her.

Very cautiously, she began to stand, proud of herself for only wobbling slightly as she did so. She wasn't sure what the visitor business everyone was talking about was, but she admittedly was desperate for just about anything to take her mind off of her current typhoon of thoughts. "If you're all going, I'll come, too. Although, we should t-try not to make any extra trouble for doctor Staple... I'm sure she can help us after she's through with talking to whoever's here." There was a pause, before she hesitantly glanced at Elijah. "Ah... What about you? I'm guessing the answer is no, but would you like to come along? I don't mind helping you if so," she offered, patiently. She had no issues with the man thus far, but she couldn't imagine him wanting to strike up a casual conversation with the doctor.

@Jeremi @Minerva @Ottonomous Ghost @Capri @Crunch @Sark @Ver @Takumi @Rwac96 @Neko Shogun @Josh @York @Yun Lee @Lucky @Atomic Knight @alllll​

"I can push him if he wants to tag along with the group." Hagusa offered, having stood nearby as Takara got her bearings, pale eyes watching her intently in case she needed to sit, or get some water. She looked rather pale, and her smile instead of reassuring him it made him frown. Smiling despite not feeling good at all was familiar in a not so great way, a sort of fuzzy memory feeling like it was attached to familiarity.

Why was that?

Whatever, right now there was talk of a visitor of some sort with Dr. Staple, or something like that. While curious himself, he wanted to make sure those who had been in the Activity Room with him were completely alright beforehand. Even if Elijah offered to stay back that was his choice and all.

@Ver @Not a Writer @Lucky @Josh @Neko Shogun @Crunch @Rwac96 @Everyone

"Yes, I thank you both for the offer. Now, let's get a move on!" Elijah nodded gratefully toward Takara and Hagusa. The furrowed expression on his face indicated that he was just as surprised and mystified as the rest of the patients; as much as he talked up being such a mastermind of a supervillain, the man seemed to be genuinely taken aback by these strange happenings as well.

As the group made their way through the halls of the Institute into the Lobby, they would be greeted by a rather peculiar sight.

Dr. Staple stood closest to the door, behind two security officers holding back an unfamiliar blonde man, strangely dressed in what looked like tactical armor straight out of an action movie. The woman looked back as everyone appeared, with a surprised expression on her face. "You all...? Please, step back!" She could only utter.

As soon as everyone came into the strange man's view however, he suddenly grew even more aggressive, trying to push against the two security guards' hold to little avail.

View attachment 10846

"So it's true, you all really gathered in here!" He exclaimed through labored grunts.

"Well, all except one," Fujiko quipped before she knew it, despite the tense situation. "But I guess she's the lucky one right now."

Before long, the man turned his gaze back to Staple. "I don't think this reception is necessary, doc! Is this how you treat all your visitors?"

"We don't get visitors. And besides, I happen to know for a fact that you don't have any personal relationship to any of my patients, so I find it difficult to believe you," Staple said firmly, candidly. "You'll find that no one here so much as even knows who you are, Mister... Steve Trevor, was it? So forgive me if I don't take kindly to a complete stranger barging in here unannounced."

The man turned toward Clark in particular as Staple spoke his name, before looking toward the group in general. "C'mon... Don't any of you remember how you got here?!"

@Jeremi @Takumi @Not a Writer @Josh @Rwac96 @Ottonomous Ghost @Minerva @Sark @Neko Shogun @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Crunch @York @Lucky @Capri

Clark continues to follow Fujiko, along with those who chose to go down to the lobby. He adjusts his glasses as they got close to Doctor Staple, who seemed to be conversing with a blonde man with crew-cut styled hair. He saw two security guards were behind Staple, while the man turned his focus on them. The journalist blinks in confusion, as he stares at the stranger; as if he knew him from somewhere. The haircut clues him in that he was likely a military acquaintance of his father-in-law? No, that guess made him shake his head, but he could've sworn he knew this stranger from somewhere.

"We don't get visitors. And besides, I happen to know for a fact that you don't have any personal relationship to any of my patients, so I find it difficult to believe you," Staple said firmly, candidly. "You'll find that no one here so much as even knows who you are, Mister... Steve Trevor, was it? So forgive me if I don't take kindly to a complete stranger barging in here unannounced."

The man turned toward Clark in particular as Staple spoke his name, before looking toward the group in general. "C'mon... Don't any of you remember how you got here?!"

xj0zKgN.jpg

"Steve Trevor?" Clark blinks when Staple referred to the stranger's name, "You...I did an article on you," he massages his forehead. "I wrote your obituary. You were an Air Force pilot who was shot down! They never," But, something made him close his mouth. His focus wavers once more, another image entering his mind.

View attachment 10847

Clark saw a woman flying, and, well, he had to admit that she would make heads turn. As she appeared to be royalty, but her attire suggests that she was like Superman. The woman dives in, landing in front of a blonde man...who was the stranger that had entered the Insitute. It appears Steve knew her, as she always seemed to save his life. Like how Superman...no! He always saves Lois.

"found your body," his mind returns to the present, shaking his head once more. Waving his hand lowly, "My apologies, this has been a strange day so far, Mister Trevor. As for your question, my wife had me admitted here."

ERIN NATICK
@Ver

Erin was alone. She was truly alone right now. This… this was how she always was.

She wishes she was swept up in her delusions once again. She wishes she was ENA, the tall Picasso painting that never cared about anyone else.

But, she wasn’t, so she just walked over to whatever windows were available and peered out them. Always fun to watch the people go about their business.​

"Yes, I thank you both for the offer. Now, let's get a move on!" Elijah nodded gratefully toward Takara and Hagusa. The furrowed expression on his face indicated that he was just as surprised and mystified as the rest of the patients; as much as he talked up being such a mastermind of a supervillain, the man seemed to be genuinely taken aback by these strange happenings as well.

As the group made their way through the halls of the Institute into the Lobby, they would be greeted by a rather peculiar sight.

Dr. Staple stood closest to the door, behind two security officers holding back an unfamiliar blonde man, strangely dressed in what looked like tactical armor straight out of an action movie. The woman looked back as everyone appeared, with a surprised expression on her face. "You all...? Please, step back!" She could only utter.

As soon as everyone came into the strange man's view however, he suddenly grew even more aggressive, trying to push against the two security guards' hold to little avail.

View attachment 10846

"So it's true, you all really gathered in here!" He exclaimed through labored grunts.

"Well, all except one," Fujiko quipped before she knew it, despite the tense situation. "But I guess she's the lucky one right now."

Before long, the man turned his gaze back to Staple. "I don't think this reception is necessary, doc! Is this how you treat all your visitors?"

@Jeremi @Takumi @Not a Writer @Josh @Rwac96 @Ottonomous Ghost @Minerva @Sark @Neko Shogun @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Crunch @York @Lucky @Capri
"How do you know us? How?"
View attachment 10851
Sylvia stood in shock as the wild intruder confronted the group. The women had a lot of thoughts and feelings rushing in her head. He mind was like a beehive; the buzzing was disorienting. Look at the group, she felt like a dear in headlights. Then her eyes turned towards the good doctor. Anger rushed backside. She couldn't keep fighting it. Sylvia glared at the doctor.

"Why did you tell me about Issaac, Doctor Staple! There is a lot of weird things going on, but i want to know why you never told me my husband was alive? You told me that was one of the roots of my issue! I trusted you!

"Why did you tell me about Issaac, Doctor Staple! There is a lot of weird things going on, but i want to know why you never told me my husband was alive? You told me that was one of the roots of my issue! I trusted you!

"Doctor Staple," turning his attention to the doctor, Clark clears his throat. "if you have been withholding Issac being here from Sylvia, what else aren't you telling us?" The usual mild-mannered man's tone became assertive, possibly a tic from his years as a journalist...or he began to take on a certain trait from the man who, he is beginning to doubt was a delusion. "Something like this tends to make others doubt your word."

[It was my family, right?] Michelle signed to the blond man. How else would she have gotten here? Then something that Staple said caught her attention. [Wait. We don't get visitors?] Even despite everything Michelle had always been really close with her family. [Are you saying that no one's come over to have a visit? At all? That can't be right. My mom would throw a fit!]

@Ver @Takumi @Not a Writer @Josh @Rwac96 @Ottonomous Ghost @Minerva @Sark @Neko Shogun @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Crunch @York @Lucky @Capri

View attachment 10846

Pushing Elijah's wheelchair while keeping close to Takara (and Lucinia if she wanted to come along as well) as most of the group went to see what the commotion was about, what they found caused the boy to pause momentarilyas he took it in.

For a second, Hagusa was a bit confused, as who Steve was didn't matter much to the young boy as he wasn't someone Hagusa knew, though young man's focus zeroed in on the fact that they simply didn't get visitors. He never paid much attention to it, as the only ones he'd ever want to visit him at all were Mizuchi and his sister-his real sister-and well...

Given that Mizuchi wasn't family or all that close to the Fujisakis in general he doubted Kouto would of said anything to her. He didn't know where his blood sister was.

Sure Kouto's older sister was nice and all, and the triplet nieces were fun to hang out with when they visited with their mother back when he wasn't considered a mental case but Hagusa wasn't all that close to the woman.

He couldn't help but wonder...what did she think? What did Kouto or Mr. Fujisaki say to her and her daughters? Did the young girls think he was crazy? Frowning deeply at these thoughts, Hagusa shoved them to the back of his mind as he watched Steve struggle against the guards and Dr. Staple be called out on the news of Sylvia not being told about her amnesiac husband. When asked about how they got here, the boy scowled, lip curling back to show his sharp canines in his agitation at being reminded.

"My foster brother brought me here." He replied, a tinge of bitterness in his voice.

@Ver @Jeremi @Not a Writer @Josh @Lucky @Neko Shogun @Everyone

Flynn felt the word crawling up to his lips - bullshit. He didn't believe Elijah for a second. Who could? The man didn't budge from his position for what felt like an unbroken minute, at least from Flynn's perspective. Elijah threatened to become a permanent fixture in his eye as if Flynn was starting to get tunnel vision just looking at him. The tension on his skin broiled with tingling jabs at his nerves, and with each passing thought, it threatened to spill over - and everyone nearby would end up getting burned.

They'd all be forced to answer his questions for him - why did he know? Why did Elijah know? What else does he know?

Flynn didn't want that. God, he wanted anything but that. He wanted to go home. The instant Sylvia spoke, Flynn was forced to blink, torn out of his trance by her touch. The marine flinched (as he often did when someone touched him without him knowing) and clenched his fist, recoiling for a moment before turning his head and looking at her.

Compared to what he was looking at before, Sylvia's face had this numbing quality - like the kind of medicine that the doctor gives you before putting you to the knife. It chills the nerves, makes the skin feel pudgy and soft. Again, just by touching him for a moment, Sylvia could feel that Flynn was like a ball of tight muscle, and he strained himself anymore he might just snap something like a rubber band. But, then she started talking, and Flynn started nodding. True to her own thoughts, her melodic and calm voice was ice on the wound.

"... Yeah, yeah- right," he muttered quickly, shaking his head. Whether Flynn was agreeing or disagreeing with her was unclear. "... I'm sorry. I- I'm not, uh, made for talking much. I shouldn't be pointing fingers."

That was the truth, wasn't it. As long as Flynn could remember, he was never the type to engage in social encounters. He was the dumb muscle they kept on the back burner, always willing to do what was expected of him. Reliable as all Hell, but not much more than that. It wasn't any way to live as an independent person, but it was how he survived.

If he hadn't let his mind wander so much...

"... Hey, uh... Sylvia, right? I, uh," Flynn swallowed and bowed his head, looking at the floor. "I- I really should jus' head back to my room. I've been... way too out of line, but- but I wanted to say... thank you. For the kind words. Really, it- it helps."

God, I sound like a dipshit high-schooler. It isn't a good look for the Marines if one of their chief badasses can barely say 'thank you.' Fortunately, the encounter wouldn't last much longer.​
Continued from here.

Chapter 1
"Glass Half-Empty"

Cast List
@Rwac96 as Clark Kent
@York as Eno Liberi
@Capri as Erin Natick
@Minerva as Morgan Yu
@Josh as Sylvia Li

View attachment 10846

Noise, noise, and footsteps. Flynn perked up, looking Sylvia in the eye before seeing the door past her shoulder begin to be occupied with the other patients in the room, starting with Fujiko and then the others. What the hell were they doing? Sylvia seemed to be drawn into the commotion as well as Clark and Takara, and even Elijah too. Flynn was quickly starting to be left alone - at least, alone with Erin.

The marine silently looked at the girl who refused to join the rest of them. A stark contrast to how she was acting in the hallway, but some part of him had to respect that. Clearly, he didn't have the will she had, because, after a brief apologetic look, he began to quickly catch up with the rest of the patients, leaving her completely alone once more.

When Flynn caught up with the rest of the group, he stopped in place, surprised as anyone else to see Doctor Staple holding back a man in full combat gear with her guards. He looked a little bit familiar - did Flynn know him from the military? Then, when Staple spoke his name, and Clark began to confirm, the recognition seeped through.

"... I think I read about that," Flynn muttered gruffly behind Clark, stepping closer to the front of the group. "You- you were shot down. No parachute, nothing. No one survives that- believe me. How- were you in... ?"

Flynn shook his head - if Steve could tell that Flynn was a soldier, he might be able to tell what he was about to ask, but Flynn couldn't do it.

"This- this is some bullshit," he growled, in the same gruff and furious tone that he took with Elijah, but now, his attention was on Staple. "Doc, what the hell is going on?"

@Jeremi @Minerva @Ottonomous Ghost @Capri @Rwac96 @Sark @Ver @Takumi @Not a Writer @Neko Shogun @Josh @York @Yun Lee @Lucky @Atomic Knight

As the scene grew more and more hectic, Staple held up her hands defensively towards those who spoke toward her, as if verbally asking everyone to calm down, before looking toward the man named Trevor. "I think you've said enough, sir. You're confusing and upsetting my patients for one thing, and what's more, you're not even authorized to be here in the first place," she said to the man sternly, before turning toward the two security guards who maintained a vice like hold on the man. "You two, please escort our uninvited guest off the premises, before he makes... an even bigger scene than he already has."

With quiet nods, the two men did as they were told, beginning to force Trevor back even more before the man could respond to any of Clark's questions. Interestingly enough, whether despite or because of the tactical armor he was wearing, the man named Trevor might have looked to most like two low-rent guards should have been little matter to him, but for whatever reason, he couldn't bring himself to push through them.

"H-Hey, get off...!" He struggled in vain as he was practically carried off through gritted teeth, until eventually seeming to cease struggling for whatever reason, whether because he couldn't or because he chose not to in the end. "Fine... If that's how you want it. I see your game, doc, and if that's how you wanna play it, that's fine by me!"

View attachment 10865

"Hold on, they can't just--" Peter began to exclaim, before stopping as he saw Fujiko shake her head.

"They literally can," the woman said drolly with a wide shrug.

As Trevor was forced toward the door, he peered over the two guards for one final word, looking straight at the group. "Just one thing! Things aren't what they seem! Please, just remem--" He yelled out, before the doors automatically closed in front of him.

"Don't know who that guy was supposed to be, but if you guys think he's a dead vet or something, well..." Fujiko gave a sidelong glance toward Flynn and Clark. "I hear if you say "orange" slowly enough, it sounds like gullible. Try it sometime. If nothing else, I'm surprised we didn't pull some sort of active shooter drill or something, with the get-up he had on," she breathed, remembering her days at work where she had to practice going through a hypothetical stick-up.

"I... guess that's true," Peter sighed, scratching the back of his head. "That obviously had to be a fake name, right? That's the only rational explanation..."

With Trevor's disruptive presence removed as swiftly as he had appeared, Staple cleared her throat, clasping her hands together. "I know things seem confusing right now, but I'm asking you all to just trust me, trust in the program," she said gravely, seamlessly signing her words as well for Michelle's convenience.

"This is a critical time so I was hoping to wait just a bit longer before springing all this on you, but... it's true. For the duration of your treatment, I had to restrict visitations, for your own sake. After all, do any of you even remember what you were all like before you came here? You were hardly in any state to have any grounded conversation with your families, and more than that, the treatment was so intensive, it required absolute focus. I couldn't abide by any distractions, after all," the woman began to explain at length.

Toward Sylvia's concerns about the appearance of Isaac, she sighed softly to catch her breath. "He wasn't part of the sign-ups, originally."

"What?" Fujiko blinked, not even sure why she found Staple's choice of words strange.

"I said, he wasn't part of the original roster. Mr. Clark came in a bit later than the rest of you, and by the time it happened, so deep was your therapy, Ms. Li, it would have been disruptive to introduce outside elements."

"Well, look, okay, slow down," Peter raised his arms. "This is a lot to digest. I'm not even sure how to feel about what I'm hearing... What about you guys?" He asked the rest of the group. "I feel like... Did I sign off to this? I guess we must have, right...?"

@Jeremi @Takumi @Not a Writer @Josh @Rwac96 @Ottonomous Ghost @Minerva @Sark @Neko Shogun @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Crunch @York @Lucky

Meanwhile, in the Activity Room with Erin alone by herself, she would be left undisturbed for several moments, until eventually, a faint yet distinct metallic creaking sound could be heard in the distance, down the hallway.

If she felt inclined to look toward the source of the sound, she would only just see a shadow creeping past the end of the hall, barely visible from the inside of the Activity Room. Whereas everyone else had run around to the left corner of the t-crossing, the shadow moved down the right side of the hall...

@Capri

Back