Lore

Altair heard Erebus on his way. He had to act like he hadn't seen him. Think fast. He decided when Erebus walked in, he would just kind of glance at him. Like people did to him. He got good at that kind of thing. He kept reading.

Concentrated on the books Elanor didn’t noticed the man walking in and continued reading through an pretty big book named important persons over the years. For so far she didn’t saw any mention over someone magic at all. For the most part it were lords, knights and kings. Some ladies and queens as well. There were even some people from lower classes who did something amazing but for as now she didn’t saw any wizards locked in books.

Erebus walked into the library slowly, the end of the coat seemed to float and lift on a phantom wind, but it was only his slow pace and wings now folded behind him and under said coat which was now secured by his sword scabbard across his back, that made it move. He spotted the girl fairly easily after a few minutes of searching, her red hair giving her away even when her face was buried in a book. He. like her, had also ignored the man in the front, passing him off as a normal citizen. When he walked up to her he patted her shoulder lightly, whispering to her in the lowest tone he could. "Have you found anything yet..?"

He didn't even have to look. Kind of surprising, but he wasn't going to walk up. "HEY! FORGET ME?" He went over to the section, put the book he had been reading in a random place, and began looking for a random book to find. The closer, the better.

Suddenly Elanor felt someone tapping on her shoulcer. “aawh” Elanor called out dropping the book on the ground. Fine now she had no idea where she was. Quickly she turned around. For a moment she didn’t recognize the man and walked into the closet with books behind her, that luckily didn’t fall backwards. “oh hey, sorry uh” she said turning bright red when she recognized the man and noticed some people looking up at her screaming. “no no no not yet.” she murmurs bowing down to pick up the book she dropped.

The girl's reaction was understandable, he was a large man and he had walked up behind her without any warning. However, the dropping of the book was unexpected and he jumped a little at the sound. He would make sure to give her more warning the next time they met. "I didn't mean to frighten you...please forgive me for giving you a start, it wasn't my intention."

Parhe arrives in Arcanum via horse drawn stagecoach. The driver is an old man with a balding head and thick glasses. The woman inside steps out of the stagecoach and she pays the driver a set amount of money for the ride. "Thanks for the money girly. So tell me, what does a women need with all the gear you're packing? Planning to kill someone perhaps?" He asks, giving a crooked smirk. Parhe looks back at him through her shades before turning back towards the city.

"I'm simply travelling. That's all you need to know. I wish you a good day driver. Fortune stay with you for many years." She replies. The driver scoffs.

"Save your pity. I know when I'm not wanted." He said before driving off.

“it’s fine I.. I.. was just really focused.” Elanor said after she picked up the book and stood up again. “I have looked trough this section already.” She said vague pointing in the direction of the book shelfs. “we might have to look at the section about folklore. Maybe.. probably I think. Uh what do you think?’ She added trying to cover up the fact she just screamed in the library. Luckily the only reaction the other gave where some angry glances.

He nodded in thanks when she stopped speaking and looked where she pointed. Erebus listened to her suggestion of where to go as well, nodding once again at her speaking. "I would be glad to take a look with you, take the load off your shoulders a little for a short time...folklore might not be a good idea, checking the public records would be good along with that."

Now in a new city, Parhe headed towards the nearest library, carefully hiding her weapons while inside as she began to look around for old world religions and cults. Even with her weapons hidden, she still stood out like a sore thumb among the other people inside. Still she tried to make an effort to make as little of a scene as possible.

Altair took a glance fr on his book, and did a double-take upon seeing the lady. He slowly put up the book, keeping his gaze upon the art inside the religion area. He walked over, and tapped her on the shoulder. "Um, excuse me, but might I ask your name?"

Elanor nodded at Erebus. “good” she said softly. It would be a waste not to look at folklore , but she didn’t wanted to argue with the man. When she wanted to put her attention back on the book she noticed a strange woman entering the library. She didn’t really look healthy at all she judge kind of creepy actually. She just saw a grey skinned man tapping her on the shoulder before pointing her attention back on the book.

Parhe nearly jumped when the stranger taps her on the shoulder. She pulls back and saw that the person who bothered her didn't look like a cultists, but she couldn't be so sure. She didn't say anything else and continued her research, trying to ignore the person.

Altair frowned. Odd reaction... one he was not expecting, anyways. He took a peek at the book the person was reading. A book on an old... cult??
I'll have to keep an eye on this one. Cults? What the hell?
He sat down, looking back to Elanor and the other man.

Erebus had long since silently shifted to the bookshelf a short distance away and had raised himself off the ground with a light wing beat to grab an old book on population and occupations of citizens from years before, it didn't seem as long for him as he had a much longer lifespan than most people due to his angelic blood. Nonetheless, he was still young when the book was made and he had to read through it to remember who was who and what they did that long ago. There was nothing interesting though, merchants and laborers were the most common and tradesman were a much larger majority than he had expected.

He did however catch a glimpse of movement that was quite peculiar in the corner of his eye. A grey skinned man tapped on the shoulder of a rather aggressive looking woman who was invested deeply in a book in the religion section. The grey-skinned man he quickly realized was the one he passed in the front of the library. The woman's reaction surprised him most of all, she jumped in surprise then gave him a short, cold, and rather analytical glance then continued reading, trying her best to ignore him. Erebus thought the interaction was strange and thought to tell Elanor about it later. Returning to his book, he began to find the more extraordinary people, artists and soldiers, occupations out of the ordinary and he waved at Elanor, hoping she would see him.

Back