Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Lutetia City: Audrieu

as written by Ronin

A short silence following Nox's change of attitude. Corso watched the Caer silently, frosty grey eyes mingling with the vampire's icy blue. Before long, a smile cracked his lips - not friendly or inviting as it had been before, but coy. Curious. Amused.

"This is what I get for trying to be polite, eh?" he chuckled, "a bit false humility, a dash of pandering ... goodness. Whatever happened to etiquette?" He clicked his tongue and shook his head. "Let me be frank with you then, Nox. I want to use you. I want to use you to create something powerful, something beautiful." He leaned back in his chair, swirling his drink. "It would benefit you as well, of course. Wouldn't make you 'force your hand' or anything of the sort. Would just give you another weapon in your arsenal to dispense at the hour of your choosing." His eyes flashed up. "Frankly, I don't care about that part. I don't give a damn about your mission, this 'manifest destiny' which compels you to make enemies of everyone you can't subjugate or enslave. Maybe you'll take the city, maybe you won't. It makes no difference to me. All that matters is my vision. The fact that my goals happen to coincide with yours is completely coincidental."

He brought the glass to his lips and took the barest hint of sip, rolling the liquor along his tongue and smiling. "God, that's good. Have you had Vrailin brandy, Caer? The Lutetians make piss water these days. The cults knew how to brew a proper drink."

as written by Emperor Jester

The snarl built into a growl, but Nox did not make a move from his seat, eyes growing wide with indignant rage. "You..." It was hard for him to speak, he realized. Between suppressing his desire to howl and keeping the corners of his mouth from twitching, forming words was next to impossible. The man was so misinformed, just like all of those who tried to understand his bloodline without being part of it. It didn't matter to Nox if he took the city in his lifetime. All that mattered was if his children, or their children or a descendant so far off in the future Nox had not yet seen their eyes in his dreams. So he let the man drone on. And on. And on. One thing was certain in the Caer's mind by the end of the spiel though:

This mysterious individual would pay for his words one day.

For now, it would be best to hear this potential enemy out. What harm could come from it? After all, its not like he was in any real danger. "I can't say I have. Aside from whatever I would have on various outings and crazy social nights, all that my Lord Father ever kept in the cellars were wines and spirits from the home land. I have yet to have a white that compares to the vintages seized by the Church when the mansion fell."

as written by Ronin

"I would recommend Nartarian Blanc, to start with," Corso replied, "there's a vintage shop in Merveilleux which sells it, but you really ought to go out of the city for a good blend." He shook his head. "Everything around here is commercialized nowadays. So few artisans left. It's a shame, really." He tilted back the glass and finished his drink with a smile.

"Well then, Lord Caer," he rose from his chair, "I won't waste any more of your time. A pity that we could not have worked together, but, c'est la vie, as the Querans say." He gestured to the child. "He's yours, of course, to do with as you wish. If you decide to let him live, I would ask you the courtesy of dropping him off near 4rth and Tremont in Cascastel. He should be able to find his way home when he wakes up."

as written by Emperor Jester

"Oh I think I'll keep him. Though next time you want to get my attention, try looking for woman. Virgins preferred. Young as well, but not quite so young. At least old enough to have been considered a woman in the good old days." Nox would merely watch Corso stand, a mocking smile placed upon his thin, sharp features. "And I wouldn't call it a shame. A shame would imply I needed to work with you in the first place, but things just didn't work out. Perhaps next time though, if you can work on that poor attitude of yours."

Now the Caer would rise himself, standing to his full, impressive height. "I won't forget your words though. Eventually, I'll force you to eat them, along with much more unpleasant things. A word of advice more than a threat, if you wish to continue looking for allies in the time you'll have left. Don't condescend people while simultaneously kissing their ass, and then get in a huffy mood when they don't take kindly to it." That grin would only grow wider, impossibly wide for any set of human jaws to contain.

"Things might have actually gone your way if you weren't such a shit negotiator."

as written by Ronin

Corso matched his smile, far less sinister though no less confident. There was a pride to the necromancer as deep and stubborn as Nox's own arrogance. Corso would not use what he could not control - either the two of them would need to reach an understanding in the future, or they would not work together at all.

"I meant no disrespect, patriarch," he replied coolly, "but I was trying to be polite - not submissive. I work for myself, for my own goals. Something you understand, no doubt." He straightened his jacket. "I'm sure this is hardly the last we'll see of each other. Perhaps we may still be useful to one another after all. Until then..." He offered a bow. "Farewell."

as written by Tiko and KittyWolfSpirit

The nightclub was alive with the crowds that flooded its walls every night - but it maintained a strict guest list at the front door. The reason could be seen the moment one set foot inside.

Moving through the throngs of bodies and flashing lights, one would find themselves immersed in a conglomeration of drugs, alcohol, and sex.

It was a place of vices and debauchery.

It was more than the illegalities though that turned most away at the doors. No, the patrons of this particular nightclub where prevalent with vampires.

Unlike the werewolves of Lutetia, vampire kind did not share in the luxury of being protected by Lutetian law, and as such they had opted to live a life of secrecy and under the radar of the Church and law enforcement. Many of the younger crowds had taken to pushing the boundaries as of late though, and these nightclubs where fast becoming a popularity through-out the city.

Viktor and Talyria had gained access easily enough, though the scene they now found themselves immersed in hardly seemed befitting of the quiet recluse that Talyria knew Viktor to be.

Talyria found herself immersed in the new night life. This indeed seemed to be out of character for Viktor, although she wondered if Viktor was actually doing this for her. She shook the thought off from mind; after all it seems rather silly to think that his actions revolved around her. No indeed Viktor had something in mind being here, even though she had no clue what it was that was on his mind.

She actually was rather nervous in fact, being around all these vampires. One slip of her thirst, would be all needed to put her on the blood hunt’s list. Or hell, they might even skip the list and go straight to tearing her pieces. Though she smiled outwardly to Viktor, despite her uneasiness in her current surroundings make it seem as if it didn't bother her to be here. She wanted to drink, not of blood, something to take the edge off of what was going on around her. She hoped Viktor knew exactly what it was that they were getting into being in this place.

She looked about, as if expecting one of them to know what she was. Although that thought seems completely ludicrous, considering her kind was extremely rare. To her knowledge in fact, her kind had never even heard of this place that was so far back into the dark ages. It was entirely possible that there actually were some of her kind there, especially considering she had not spoken to any of her kin for last 300 or so years.

"What do you see?" Viktor asked Talyria as they stood amidst the throng of bodies moving past them.

She looked to him, she wasn't sure what to say. "F...vampires." She quickly corrected herself from saying the obvious that they were her food.

"How many?" he inquired.

She frowned, that he actually wanted her to physically count them. "About a dozen or so, but the rest are human...food for them or is it a case of familiar?" She answered quietly.

"This way," he said as he lay a hand on her lower back to guide her through the crowd and towards an assortment of seats for people to rest, and enjoy a few drinks when they weren't otherwise engaged on the dance floors. The loud music and space that the seating provided would leave the pair less likely to be overheard. "As I mentioned to you earlier, the immortals of Issunar are different than those of the places you're familiar with. They leave in shadow, out of sight and mind of the mortals. It is a crime within Issunar to reveal their existance."

She walked with him, then took a seat. She raised a brow, this place was going to take some getting used to for sure. She wasn't used to them being so secretive anymore. She eyed a rather attractive male only to catch whiff he was not mortal. At that scent, she looked away. She would entertain Viktor tonight and as long as he would tolerate her presence. Though the human lusts still lived in her kind, they were more heightened means of arousal. The typical hands over certain spots wouldn't move them like they did mortals. It was something more complicated, that even in the 500 some odd years, she still did not understood fully.

"So why are we here Viktor?" She looked about, she wanted a drink, but wasn't exactly sure how to manage such a thing here.

"To watch, and listen," he answered.

He nodded over her shoulder to a pair that were engaged in low conversation several seats away. Even with his enhanced hearing, he couldn't quite pick out their words at such a distance with the music of the nightclub blaring through the building. His eyes were on the man's lips, but the second sat with his back to Viktor and Talyria, so he could only catch one half of the conversation. It didn't seem to be anything of note though and he pulled his wallet out to retrieve several paper notes that he offered across to her.

"Grab us some drinks?" he asked as he nodded to the nearby bar. "So we don't look so out of place," he explained.

"What do you want to drink?" She asked softly, grabbing the notes from him.

"Anything," he told her. "When you get back, I'll explain what we're doing here."

She had decided on a pair of flair leg stretchy denim jeans and a royal purple V-neck black satiny shirt with 3/4 sleeves that flared out like the medieval era's dress sleeves and a pair of black suede boots with a 1/4" heel. She wore her hair back half up and half down. Her bangs were left to flow down the sides of her face and body. This was her favorite way to wear her hair when she went out.

With a smile, she stood up with the notes in hand and sauntered up to the bar ordering two Bacardi silver rum mixed with Bahama Mama. It was a smooth mix she knew well, one if not careful could knock you on ass and you wouldn't even know it until you stood up. She knew well of the drink, it was one of her favorites to drink herself and to get the guy to drink to make them loosen up their senses so they wouldn't catch on that she was more than what she appeared to be to the naked eye. After a few moments, she paid the bartender for the drinks, tipped him, and then sauntered back to the table.

She placed a drink down before him and then sat down across from him, more to keep her instincts in check than anything.

"Beware, this drink goes down smooth, but packs heat and a kick. Too many and I may be carrying you home." She says playfully and winks at him before tacking a soft pull at the glass, closing her eyes as she did to the let the heat heighten her senses and loosen her muscles from being so tense about her surroundings.

As written by Sentry and Knosis

[beep beep]

[beeeeeeeep] [beeeeeeep]

Rowan's phone buzzed lightly on the table of his nightstand. The alpha male's eyes locked onto the damned thing, wondering what fresh hell this would bring him. This week had already been rough, with Jason getting the hell torn out of him and nearly dying, to a vampire lord who could possibly destroy half the city with his own power if he had chosen to do so.

With a groaning sigh, the dark haired man lifted himself off his bed and grabbed the phone.

He answered, his voice hushed. "This is Rowan." It was hard trying to sound professional when you'd been up all hours of the night.

A voice much less disgruntled piped up on the other end, one all too familiar to the werewolf. "Ah! Rowan, dear. Wonderful to hear your voice. Glad you picked up. We need to do business."

The old alpha raised a brow before rubbing hand over his maw. "Alright.." He said with a sigh. "And what can I do for you today, Mrs. Thornell?" He slowly pushed is way out of his bed, scratching his bare bum as he went to find where the hell he left his clothes at.

"Oh, you know, I need a little something from Lutetia for the holidays. Genarium is an ironic event that I like to celebrate at Lovebites, and having a little Monastic treat would be so festive!"

Rowan grimaced a little, then scratched at his chin. "Well.. What type this time? I know I got human on stock. Wolf is a bit short supply right now, since the vampires seem to enjoy the high it gives. Or is there something else that's more festive that you're thinking of?" There was a short 'ah-ha' as he found his pants... But what was this thong doing here?

"Churchgoers, Rowan. Devout. I have a large male clientele this time of year, so preferrably female. Virgin? Oh, just give me the holiest you can find! Rip out a few pages of their book and tie it on the bottle. That'll be a good laugh!"

The man coughed slightly. "You realize, most of the church women here are whores?" He joked. Slightly.

"I'll see what I can do for you, though. I'll even tie the bow to the bottle, as requested." He paused. "When do you want it by? I've been meaning to stop by and discuss other business with you, I can deliver personally if you don't mind a chat."

"Before the end of the year is out. If you can, before Genarium even starts!" There was a pause, then, and a slight tapping beside the phone. "Oh? Go ahead, Rowan. Shoot. I'm always happy to talk business!"

"We'll talk when we deliver your package, Mrs. Thornell. I'll have it to you soon." He said. "Is there anything else I can help you with before then?"
He found a lacy bra underneath his shirt. What the hell happened in his room last night? He frowned and furrowed his brows as he turned towards his bed. There was no one there at least..

"Hmm. Maybe a special CEO's treat? For me? A ghoul needs her meat and, well, everything in Tiranoth is getting terribly bland."

The alpha had to pause to answer, as he found a skimpy little outfit at the same time as her request. He was confused, as he didn't even remember coming up to bed last night. And that irritated him the most.

He took a deep breath and forced a smile. "I'm sure we can arrange something for you, madame. We'll be in contact."
"Wonderful, darling. I'll see you in a few days." There was a short tut sound on the other side as Durga kissed the air before hanging up.

Rowan hung up, his eyes glowing brightly in anger at himself. Well, he was up. Might as well make the use of it. He started to dial some members of his pack to relay the order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alysa wasn't sure how things were about to go, but it wasn't like she could stay away forever. So, with that thought, she headed back home, knowing that she was being followed by the druid in wolf form. Her bike's engine echoed down the street and it wasn't long before she was pulling up to the apartment looking building. Parking her cycle in its normal spot, she slid off and placed the helmet down on the handle bars, body stretching out while waiting for her guest to catch up, knowing that it was now or never. Her fingers slid down to where her cell was at, but she didn't get it out, not wanting to check messages.

"Hmm... here goes nothing, I guess." Glancing over at Aoife, she shrugged and moved into the building, holding the door open as she moved inside.

Last edited:
Aoife paced the motorbike almost too easily. Despite her thin lupine form, she seemed to move with ease, as if this were as normal for her as being on two legs. She fell behind the bike eventually, having trained herself for distance moving, not sprinting, but after a few minutes she eventually came to the building where Alysa was waiting. She panted for a little bit, gathering herself before padding over to Alysa and bobbing her head in thanks as she passed through the open doorway.

Alysa made sure that Aoife was following her through the building, heading towards the room where she had made quite a few mistakes. Her brow knitted together a little and she wasn't so keen on being in the presence of Rowan again, but maybe he'd be in a better mood this time. Either way, she would ensure that her comments were internalized. Sniffing the air, Alysa ran her fingers through her hair and made her way further into the building, it still in need of a lot of fixing. "You planning on staying in that form?" She questioned, brow arching just a little.

The druid snuffled a bit, then laid down. The fur began to shrink away, and the body began to grow, returning back to the form of a woman in short order.

"It was comfortable, tha's for sure. Oi normally go about as a fox, but Oi'll admit that bein' a wolf has its perks." She smiled and gestured forward. "After you, though Oi admit Oi'm a wee bit nervous to be meetin' yer boss. He's nae gonna eat me, is he?"

The alpha had been in the main room, sitting comfortably in one of the more fluffy chairs that he had deemed his since temporarily moving into this building. He had many things to do today, things that he needed to see to personally through the business, but other things were on his mind. None of his pack could confirm or deny if Baron was dead, for one thing. His informant had gone radio silent as well. In fact, it almost seemed as though the entire pack had left, tails between their legs. Was that all that was left to the Bloodstones? If so, they had gotten pathetically soft.

There was still the matter of the rat in his pack. He was so sure no one would betray him. There were a few that acted up every now and then, but no one had dared..

Except for one...

Rowan's thoughts were drawn away with approaching footsteps and murmurs. One voice was familiar. The pathetic welp he thought he taught a lesson the other day, who had not been answering calls or texts from the pack. The other voice was not so familiar. He merely waited for them to draw closer, taking a deep breath and pressing the tips of his fingers together.

"You've not been answering your phone." Rowan said, as soon as he was sure she was in earshot.

Alysa silently watched the Druid returning to her human form, smiling a little at the notion of being a fox instead of a wolf. Her fingers ran through her hair, wondering what it would be like to be something other than what she was, something better than a peon on the bottom of the food chain. “He might… I hope not though.” Her voice was soft and in truth, Alysa hoped that Rowan wouldn’t kill Aoife, because she really wanted to learn more from her. Turning around, she started heading towards her destination, hair bouncing against her shoulder, a slight pep in her step.

“Maybe later you could try and teach…” Alysa trailed off at Rowan’s words, shivers running up her spine, hair standing on end. Her pace slowed down and she reached to her back pocket where her phone was at, but she left it alone, struggling to figure out a way to keep from getting beat or worse.

“Shit…” She whispered, but knew better than to dilly-dally. Moving to where Rowan was at, she gestured for Aoife to follow her. “I uhh… I’m sorry. I’ve been busy trying to find recruits for us. I uuhh… this is… this is Aoife.” Her voice was a lot shakier than she liked, but she didn’t shy away from her fate.

Aoife stayed quiet upon hearing Rowan speak. It was a deeper voice than she'd been expecting, though why she'd expected otherwise was beyond her. Things like that simply were what they were. As she was introduced, she stepped forward, breathing out gently to allow a little of the energy she'd kept inside from the transformations to seep out all around her in a soft, golden glow.

"Pleasure to meet ya, Alpha. Yer lass here's got a good head on her shoulders, considerin' that when she tried to bring me in by seduction, she realized what Oi was before things got messy." Despite the brazen tone in her voice, Aoife was far from confident mentally. She hoped the bravado would be enough, or at least go over well.

"Ya see, Oi'm a Druid, the only one Oi'm aware of locally, at least, and Oi gotta say, ye've gone and twisted the land arseways from what it should be. Oi mean no offense, Alpha, but Oi'm not keen on the rumors of big events that could ruin the forest goin' down without a little warnin' to me and my woodland friends." She kept her gaze up, brash, and let the golden light diffuse and dim, slowly releasing the energy she'd pulled from the Ivy at last.

The large male stood, his deep blue hues sharply holding the gaze it had for Alysa as Aoife spoke. He was studying her, taking in how she reacted to him, his face expressionless. Then something shifted in his expression, something unseen yet seen and he turned to Aoife. After a brief once over at the druid. "Of course. Alysa should have a good head on her shoulders, I raised her not to be dumb." He laughed softly, in the sort of exaggerated, forced way of his when guests were around, or when he was more than a bit irritated with one of his pack. "I can say with certainty, however, it has never been our plan to bring the ole forest down. Accidents can happen, mind you, but we all need it as well. Call it.. Something that brings us back to our roots." He said pleasantly.

"But where are my manners?" He said, extending a hand to Aoife. "I'm Rowan Alaster, and as you have guessed, I am the leader of this pack. I am sure Alysa has told you a lot of things." He grinned in a way that seemed friendly enough. However, those who knew him knew something was off.

Alysa fought to keep from shrinking beneath Rowan's gaze, knowing that Aoife was probably keeping him from straight up doing something to her. Shifting her gaze towards the Druid, she tried to smile, hands growing sweaty at her side. Unzipping her jacket, she slid it off her slender frame, finding an empty chair to toss it into before popping her shoulders, her toned arms offset by the green tank she happened to be wearing. Digging into her pants, she pulled out her phone and flipped through the messages and calls, grimacing a little before shifting her gaze back towards her boss and the Druid.

"I thought a meeting might be a good idea. She can help us out in a lot of ways." Alysa managed, swallowing hard after she spoke, putting the phone back into her pocket before wiping her hands against her pants.

Aoife looked at Alysa and shot her a smile in return, all confidence. Looking back at Rowan, she blinked a few times, reaching for her natural power, rather than drawing from her surroundings as she normally would. After a moment, her senses heightened for a few seconds before fading to normal as she let the power go.

"Roots or nae, ye've got a scent of anger to ya, tha's for sure. But the pack is yours, Mr. Alaster so Oi'll not be intercedin' too much there. The name's Aoife O'Mag, but if ya'd like, yer welcome to call me Eve. Oi hearken to both." The druid chuckled softly, nodding towards Alysa. "She actually didn't tell me too much, y'know. Then again Oi didn't ask much." She shrugged.

"So, what's this big end of days bit going on in the City? Just by wanderin' around, before your lass here found me, Oi had sensed a tenseness to the city. It's not natural, and Oi wanna know what's goin' on." Aoife also took off the heavy jacket she'd been wearing, revealing a tight, slightly too-small black t-shirt. Although no muscles were defined, and her feminine features were slight due to her way of life, what was obvious was the tone in her muscles and the smooth way everything moved into everything else. It was dangerously smooth, one might even say.

Last edited:
Rowan was finding he was not liking this druid. It seemed to him that this pint sized bite thought she had the right to barge into his domain and start questioning and demanding things of him. "Welcome to Lutetia." He said, a bit stiffly. "Hanging onto the edge of life by a thread for as long as most of us can remember. Now. Get out." He demanded.

"Alysa, unless you plan on bringing more helpful, less questioning 'friends' to me, you need to hit the streets too. You have a job to do, the last text I sent you is still a good job for you to get in on." He pulled his jacket on. "If you continue to ignore my calls, though, you will find yourself onto one of those threads the city's hanging on. Do I make myself clear?" He waited for her answer.

Back