Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Lutetia City: Merveilleux

as written by Ronin

Oblivious to Celeste's distress, Aaro entered the club and followed Jimmy. As usual, the older proselyte seemed to have the most confidence - something that Aaro hoped to pick up on. Much as he put on the illusion of bravado, the young student was quite nervous as he walked through the doors of the warehouse and entered a world of strobing lights and booming music. He walked through the misty haze of body heat, blinking in spite of himself. The only experience he had that came even remotely close to this was battle-sim in the Monastery's war room - target practice and shooting games amid simulated explosions and bright, jarring flashes of blinding light. He almost laughed. A rave and a warzone. How could two polar opposite situations feel so similar?

"There's Arien..." he nodded to Jimmy as they walked through the mobs into the VIP area. He put on his best smile and offered their host a waive.

"Arien! Good to see you." He nodded. "Thanks again for inviting us."

as written by Script

Celeste was the first to draw near the VIP area whilst Aaro, Jimmy and Aurelie were stuck in the makeshift queue in front of the bar, waiting to order their drinks. As she lingered near the ropes, she'd be able to make out more of the details of Arien's company.

Arien himself was clearly the centre of attention, lounging back on one of the couches with each of his arms draped over the shoulders of a pair of effeminately handsome identical twin brothers. The auburn-haired twins wore matching outfits that wouldn't have looked out of place at a movie premiere, but with creases and undone buttons carefully scattered to give a calculatedly ruffled edge to the ensemble. Across from them sat a beautiful dark-haired young woman in a revealing half-tee, displaying diamond-studded belly-piercing glinting in the lights. She was leant forwards and laughing, her neckline leaving little about her rather ample chest to the imagination.

It seemed that the group was too embroiled in their conversation (amongst other things) for Arien's eyes to fall on Celeste. And so, she would be treated to a front row seat of Arien exchanging teasing affections with all three of his companions as they talked, but despite that it seemed that any jealousy she might have otherwise felt was ... subdued. She would find herself oddly comfortable with the boy she sought the attention of doting on others, as though it were far from a big deal. After all, it didn't mean anything, surely!

In the meantime, Inarin had himself drifted nervously towards Arien, but had found it rather difficult to fight his way through the crowd. Only after an arduous time of pushing through the shoulders of people taller than him did he finally break free, just moments before Jimmy and Aaro arrived on the scene and approached the VIP area.

Their path, however, was barred. The bald-headed man placed himself between them and the steps up to the roped off section, staring at them blankly. "VIPs only," he stated.

"Aaro!" Thankfully, it seemed that Arien had heard them over the music, and he extracted himself from the arms of the twins to saunter over to the edge of the ropes with a smile. "It's good to see you all, I'm glad you made it." Then he frowned faintly, pausing to cast his eyes around before they settled on where Celeste and Aurelie stood. "Ah! Celeste, you are here! And there I thought you'd stayed at home," he called to her with a wink. "Come on up, all of you. Your friends can join us as well, if they'd like," he gestured to Aurelie and (if she had stuck with the others) Rei.

The suited man glanced from Arien to the twins, who (with a hint of reluctance) gave a quick unified nod. Only once they had did he unhook the rope from the barrier and stand aside to allow the group to pass. Inarin couldn't help but notice the eyes on them as they ascended, and got the sense that a fair number of them were accompanied by scowls of jealousy.

"Allow me to introduce you to my companions," Arien went on, turning first to gesture at the twins, who since Arien had vacated the spot between them had repositioned themselves. Now one of them was sprawled lazily across the couch, his head resting in his brother's lap. "These lovely gentlemen are Alveré and Valère Castellane."

"A pleasure," both boys said in unison, waving from their seats.

"And this is Élisabeth Voclain. Perhaps you've met her before? She's the daughter of Donatien Voclain, the Archbishop? Twins, Élisa, these are the proselytes I was telling you about earlier."

Élisabeth rose to her feet and offered a smile to the group of new arrivals. She certainly did not look like the daughter of the Archbishop with her skin-tight jeans, glittering belly-piercing and her only-slightly-less-glittering crop-top. "Hello there," she said. After a moment, her eyes drifted across to Inarin.

"I thought I recognised the name when Arien mentioned you," she went on, "Inarin Nuvellon, yes? I believe I went to one of your family's dinner parties a few years back."

Inarin blinked, "Oh! I ... yeah, I remember you..." he trailed off slightly, thinking back to the image of the snotty and frilly-dressed preteen girl who had sniped mercilessly at him at every given opportunity over the course of the night, and trying to match it up with the busty teenager standing before him. His brain came back with an error message. "You look ... different," he added lamely.

Élisa laughed musically, "Why yes, I do, don't I? An improvement, in my books. I was a terrible brat back then, I do hope I didn't say anything too dreadful. I can't remember the evening very clearly myself."

Arien raised an eyebrow at the unexpected development, before shrugging and turning back to the couches, "Come on, take a seat everyone. Help yourself to the drinks at the VIP bar - they're all on the house. If you want a specific drink mixed, Al and Val can get one of the bartenders to come over."

____

Meanwhile, out front, the 'bouncer' glanced down at the list in his hand, before nodding his head at Alysa. "Yeah, go on in," he said glumly, gesturing for her to head inside.

A few minutes after Alysa made her way inside, a large motorcycle pulled up to the side of the road a few buildings down from the warehouse. The rider - dressed in black leathers - killed the engine and set the brakes. But rather than heading for the door, he simply swung his legs off and leaned himself onto the seat before taking out his phone and starting to tap away at the buttons. Even more oddly, he kept his helmet on, which couldn't make it easy to see the screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
as written by Emperor Jester

The air outside the warehouse smelled like cheep booze, drugs, poor choices, and sweat. Three of those things excited the intimidating giant. Standing closer to seven feet tall than to six, with almost ridiculously long, razor straight raven hair, too-broad shoulders, piercing cyan eyes, and perfect alabaster skin, Nox Caeruleum quickly approached the building. He wasn't a stranger to these parts.

But he felt off. He felt different. Flor once, his hunger and thirst for violence and torture wasn't on overdrive. For once, his cravings leaned more towards the carnal, the erotic. The night was ripe with such toys for him to pass the time with. And here, he could kill two birds with one stone. Find a sex toy and discard it, no questions asked. Maybe have some fun while he was at it. Perhaps he wasn't feeling well. It wasn't normal for Nox to disregard thoughts of carnage. There was the chance he was poisoned from foul blood, but that was unlikely. He didn't eat dregs or whores, or the sick. The risk of contamination was not worth the easy kill.

The ice-eyed man approached the list holder, and without an argument, simply ignored him, stepping inside to be greeted by blasting music that set his fire to boil. In a good way, he hoped, but he was unfamiliar with the base filled tons and heavy drops. But he found himself not hating it. Even in the crowd by the entrance, he stood out, dressed in all white; white leather duster (immaculately clean of course, as always), white leather boots (recently stolen, shark hide), tailored white pants made of fine linen and pressed to the nth degree, a button down white shirt with a off-white tie, even white silk socks.

He made his way towards the bar, cutting a swathe through the crowds, hoping to attract female attention the most. He was here for a purpose, after all. And the bar was, yet again, efficient. Two birds. His father be damned, he might actually find an alcohol he enjoyed after all his years of isolation.

as written by duramon

Rei had accompanied the rest to the V.I.P. booth, and although she was flattered to be ushered towards the higher end of the club and within the grasp of whatever company Aaro had managed to garner. On the note of which she was surprised at his contacts beyond the Academy, and at Inarin's for that matter. She decided the quiet corner wasn't for her yet, she wouldn't get anything done with Inarin or the rest until things wound down, or rather she wouldn't get anything she was interested in done. So she turned to their gracious host and after appreciating Aurelie's outfit one last time prepared to leave. "Thank you for the invitation, I'm a Proselyte myself and after years in the Academy I finally feel like dancing, I might be back later." She said happily, giving everyone a small wave and a smile before turning and hopping away, heading towards the bar for a quick inhibitor breaker.

Alcohol.

She slid up to the bar, beside a giant of a man in white and clambered partway over its threshold to get the attention of the bartender, unsure if he would hear her over the blasting music. "Hi I've never danced before and I want to feel like I'm the best at it." She explained, getting a nod and a chuckle from the bartender. She stood there for a moment before clambering back over to tap him in the shoulder "Make it two of whatever it is!" she corrected.

Upon arrival of the alcohol she took one into her hands and poured the other into a compartment that opened in her leg when he wasn't looking, mumbling something along the lines of "Now I can brew it later~" as she slid the empty drink back to the bartender. She looked to the giant of a man who seemed to be similarly drinking whatever was thrown at him "Nice outfit." She complimented, turning to look at the dance floor and the raving mosh of sweaty bodies and hungry-looking adolescents. Right, I'm going to need twice as much of this before I get my head out of wiring and into my legs...or leg.

She took a sip of her drink.

Nevermind

as written by Krysis

Celeste had been watching Arien and his companions for a few minutes before Aurelie found her, and found herself soothed even when not noticed. She wasn't jealous, how could she be? They were obviously friends of long standing and she was merely an acquaintance of a few minutes in a cafe. Her mood was more wistful and longing. No matter how hard she tried, Celeste was sure she would never be so unguarded as those four seemed.

Then Aurelie tapped her shoulder and the compactly muscled brunette turned with shocking speed and jumped back a step, knocking over one of the rope stands that cordoned off the VIP section in the process. Celeste was startled enough that her training kicked in and her right hand flattened her skirt over the gun strapped to her thigh before she realized she knew the girl. Not to mention drawing a weapon at a party would be extremely bad manners.

She blushed and knelt to pick up the stand so she could set it back upright while she answered the slightly taller girl. "Er. Hi. Aurora, wasn't it? Umm. I was concerned about Rei. She is more likely to get in trouble than the rest of us."

About that moment, Arien called to her, and she'd keep talking with Aurelie as they headed towards the entrance to the VIP section. At least, she assumed that her new friend would want to keep talking to her, just to get into the cool kids part of the event if nothing else.

Celeste made a brushing away gesture and then held out her left hand to count the points, letting Aurelie know that she had a bit of a speech to make, "Some of our teachers look out for her because she is smart. Some want to catch her being bad because they don't like how she ignores the rules. A few even remember that she is actually a cripple and those limbs of her's might fail on her if something goes wrong. So everyone watches her and keeps track of her. I have no idea how she got out of the dorms, considering all that."

When Celeste held up her hand, carefully just above waist height, the end of her loose, lace embellished sleeve fell back just a little. Most people would have assumed the glimpse of silver at the back of her wrist was a bracelet, but in truth it was the end cap of a knife strapped to her forearm, the twin of which was on her other arm. There were more hints of silvery metal about the tops of her knee-high boots, barely seen under the sweep of the fluffy crimson skirt. Probably a boot knife and a wire of some sort. Her little purse was over filled, but the bottle of water sticking out of the top blocked everything else from being seen.

Then they were inside the VIP section and being introduced around. Celeste mumbled her name, too shy to really want to make a big deal of it, and found herself staring at Élisabeth. More specifically at her chest. How the hell did that girl not overbalance?

as written by glmstr

"Ah!"
Aurelie flinched and her hand darted for Celeste's, immediately pulling away when she hesitated.
"S-sorry about that, I'm not keen on getting shot," the vampire gave an awkward laugh and scratched her head. She listened to Celeste's case, nodding after every few sentences.
She sat in a chair next to Celeste, but still close to Arien and his friends. Something felt odd about them, something vaguely familiar. Aurelie dismissed the thought for now and went back to her conversation.
"That describes Rei to a T, that's for sure. I'm confident we won't have any problems about her, while she is, erm, all of those, she's trustworthy when she wants to be. Besides, if all else fails I told her to just say that I forced her to come." The huntress smiled and brushed her short hair out of her face.
The sight of various pieces of silvery metal made her on edge, she wanted to stay close to be friendly, but the large amount of silver adorning her body meant she had to keep a short distance of a foot or two from her.
The vampire's gaze shifted towards Arien and his entourage.
I heard there were three new ones in town, is this them? Aurelie eyed the twins and the 'well-endowed' girl thoroughly, already noticing that they all have porcelain skin, a similar color to her own alabaster tone. She really wanted to ask, but she wouldn't dare blow all of their cover like that. She just had to know, though, so she carefully crafted her response when they turned to her to introduce yourself.
"My name is Aurelie. Say, are you three new to town?" Aurelie gently gestured to the twins and Elisabeth, hoping they would pick up on her hint.

as written by Script

"Whaat, haven't you heard of us?" The twin sitting upright asked, feigning shock. His brother sat up too, tilting his head to the side and smiling.

"Of course we aren't new," he stated with a wink, "We're the Castellane twins. Castellane of Castellane International."

"The hotel chain," the first clarified, "It all started here. Where we live!"

"And have lived all our lives," the other went on, "So no, not new. Arien is though, we adopted him."

"In a manner of speaking."

The twins' alternating pattern of speech wasn't quite unnatural - their sentences were open ended enough that it left plenty of room for the other to improvise - but it was still a little unsettling.

Arien, in the meantime, had briefly fixed Aurelie with a thoughtful look. After a moment, his smile returned and he nodded along with the twins' words.

as written by Faithy

Glancing towards where Aaro was waving at Arien, Jimmy nodded towards the young proyleste while his attention drifted back towards the three individuals that were quite cozy with the male. His brow arched a little and he wondered just what they had stepped into… well, other than a banging party. He took the second glass of whiskey with him, noting where Celeste and Inarin happened to be at that moment. Moving up beside him, his eyes once again fell on the three strangers sitting with their host and he couldn’t help but feel that tickle in the back of his mind like something wasn’t right. That thought drifted away when he got a load of just how large the female’s chest was and he couldn’t help but gape a little in awe.

Man, those would be great to motorboat. Flushing slightly at his inappropriate thought, Jimmy forced his eyes away right about the time that Arien finally noticed the group. When they were let beyond the ropes, he shifted his gaze out across the crowd, noting the looks they were all being given. Shrugging and lifting up his glass in salute, Jimmy turned back around as they were introduced to the three Arien had been snuggled up with previously. He vaguely remembered the name Élisabeth Voclain, but couldn’t get past her ample cleavage, though somehow the twenty-year-old managed to keep his eyes at her face. Draining the rest of his whiskey, Jimmy moved over to the bar and poured himself more whiskey, intending on enjoying himself no matter what.

“Thanks again for this, Arien. We all, well… at least, I needed the break from the church.” Jimmy raised his glass towards the host before downing it, ending up settling down with the entire bottle, so that he didn’t have to keep getting up.

____

“Fabulous!” Alysa moved into the warehouse, her emerald eyes taking in everything all at once. Between the loud music and the flashing lights, she knew that this was by far the best choice she had made in a while. There were plenty of people to pick from and while the werewolf was desperate to please Rowan, she wasn’t stupid enough to go biting on the clubbers in front of others. No, she would pick out a few, follow them to their homes and then go from there.

“There are so many to pick from…” Sliding through the crowd, her gaze shifted towards the VIP area and she narrowed her eyes before moving further away, her red hair sweeping across her shoulders in the process. Settling up at the bar, the lithe female shifted to allow her to watch the majority of the crowd while also keeping up the appearance that she was there to party.

“Yo, ‘tender, a tequila, please!” Once she had ordered her drink, Alysa once again watched the crowd, her tongue flicking against her lips at the anticipation of creating more like her later on in the night. Oh yes, this was a very good idea. Now if only she could find that smoking hot guy that Caitia had referenced, her night would be complete.

as written by glmstr

"Wait, you two are the Castellane Twins? My apologies, of course I know who you are then. I've known about you two for a long time, but I've never had the pleasure of meeting you in person," Aurelie blushed slightly from embarrassment. She remembered when the hotel chain was just starting, and their rapid rise to celebrity status was to this day surprising to her.

as written by Emperor Jester

Nox had a pleasant surprise. The drink he'd been given was strong, bitter, and harsh. Lots of burn. It had been a long time since the Caer had felt a warmth inside him other than fury, fresh flesh, or blood. It was pleasant, though the flavor left something to be desired. He'd always preferred the sweeter things in life. A sweet tooth. Maybe that was why the little tartlet beside him made his eyes dilate with excitement and curiosity. This only blossomed rapidly once he saw her pour the drink into her leg out of the corner of his eye.

She didn't look like she belonged here, but was trying to fit in anyway. Adapt and survive a new situation. If women had been this interesting before his family's betrayal, perhaps he'd have even more enjoyable memories. His Thrall, the police woman, and Emily, not to mention Sanina, all drove him made with different kinds of desire. This was a new one.

Slowly, a handsome smile crept to his face, and his voice, normally as cold as ice and as bass-filled as a landslide, turned to honey and liquid gold, his tongue becoming silver. Perhaps it was the light of the warehouse, the smoke in the air, and the various light effects from passerbys and fixtures, but his eyes seemed to shimmer dully, like sky blue sapphires catching the light of the sunset just right.

"Thanks. Yours is pretty nice too. If its not too forward, I think it looks really..." A pause to examine her once more, "marvelous on you."

as written by Krysis

Celeste gave a wistful smile, then settled down on one of the couches, the same one the twins were on, but there was room at the feet of the one that was stretched out. She was used to other proselytes being a little put off because of how serious she was about her training, but it hadn't occurred to her that a stranger to their way of life would find it uncomfortable to talk to a moderately armed teenager. She sat so that her right side was a few inches from the arm of the couch, and turned a little to keep her access to her weapons clear. Then she crossed one leg over the other at the knee, unaware of the classic coquette pose she had put herself in.

Watching Arien as if she couldn't help it, she fiddled with the ends of her sleeves, perhaps wondering if she was ready to have her heart battered again. Somehow she always ended up liking the boys that were the absolute worst choices for her. Of course she had no idea what kind of epic disaster was in store if she should manage to have a serious crush for the charming young monster in front of her. Finally she sighed and leaned back as she muttered, in a tone that said she was trying to convince herself, "It's for the best. Nothing could come of it anyway."

as written by Quinn

It wasn't uncommon knowledge that the ever-so extravagant and artful community of Lutetia City was large into the performing arts, theatre especially, with tragedy being the preferred genre of the majority of its denizens. As such, play-actors achieving a certain eminence wasn't unheard of, so when Étienne Amalric pulled up to the party, he was already mentally preparing himself for the exhausting chore of dealing with fans and admirers of his work.

Native to Lutetia but known in more than one part of Iveria, Étienne was not only considered a great actor, but he was a bit of a local pride. Plays he starred in almost always sold out immediately opening weekend, and his fame garnered the ignorance of the public to his lavish and frivolous lifestyle.

If you were to paint a portrait of him, the oils used would be copious amounts of drug use, one night stands, and narcissism.

Regardless, he had arrived, and when he ultimately decided that he had taken enough of his own time up to prepare, he exited the vehicle he had arrived in with an off-hand comment to the driver, one void of any thanks or appreciation. The doorman, with an almost giddy look of recognition, waved him in almost immediately and Étienne was visually pleased as the loud music drowned out the cries of admiration from those waiting outside.

Bright green eyes surveyed the inhabitants of the inside, took note of the location of the bar, but most importantly scanned for the VIP area, which would host the person that had bothered to invite him in the first place. His attire was modestly casual, even for him, with a pair of blue jeans and a short-sleeved black shirt adorning his figure. He stood at six foot and two inches, and his build was slim with athletic tones, if anything. His hair, a color that seemed to be both dark red and dark brown at the same time, was kept high and short, with the part to the left.

as written by Ronin

"Nothing could come of wha?"

Aaro practically snuck up on Celeste, an open bottle in his hands. The VIP lounge wasn't particularly big; Aaro had overheard Celeste. His breath was layered with the tang of liquor. His nerves were begin to subside ... as well as his inhibitions.

"What's the matter Cel, have you even had a drink yet?" Aaro sipped at his beverage, eyes aglow, "I'm not even sure what this one is. I think it's just a beer." He took a hearty swig. "I thought you'd be having more fun by now. Anyway, what were you saying earlier?"

as written by Script

"Looks like our reputation does precede us, Valère," the upright twin noted.

"A long time, she says? With emphasis on long. I wonder what she means?" The other, still leaning onto his brother, added with a curious tilt of his head.

Arien looked over at Jimmy with a smile, "That's understandable, I think. I'm sure life there is very fulfilling, but also rather ... monotonous. Life's no fun if you don't mix things up every now and then."

In the meantime, Inarin was still standing awkwardly beside one of the couches. He hadn't quite plucked up the courage to butt into any of the conversations, and wasn't sure how to go about it even if he'd had the confidence to. Thankfully, he was saved by Élisabeth.

"Well don't just stand there, In," she said, raising an eyebrow, "You look tense. Take a seat, let me get you a drink."

"Oh, I-" Inarin began to protest.

"Sit with us!" the twins cut in with a shared grin.

"We know your aunt," Alveré noted.

Valère nodded. "We buy clothes from her sometimes."

"Valère looked so cute in one of her dresses..." The elder twin grinned wickedly.

"Alveré!" His brother frowned huffily, folding his arms. "That was one time!"

Élisabeth laughed, guiding Inarin by the arm around to the couch. Valère swung his legs around to make room, and the young proselyte was deposited down between the pair of them. "Have fun," Élisa murmured - though whether she was talking to Inarin or to the twins wasn't entirely clear.

With that job done, Élisa wandered her way over to the bar. "Jimmy, isn't it?" she directed to the other proselyte, smiling. "It's lovely to meet you. I can sympathise so very much with your boredom at the monastery. My father insists on educating me on matters of the church, though I've made it blatantly clear I've no intent of joining it myself."

Arien watched as Jimmy and Inarin were both attended to with a small smile. It was a shame that Étienne hadn't arrived yet, but no matter. He made his way over to sit on the couch opposite Aaro and Celeste, flashing them both a grin. "How does the evening find the pair of you?" he inquired, "Do you like what we've done with the place?" he gestured around at the warehouse.

as written by Krysis

Celeste glared up at Aaro at his question, lifting her chin and unconsciously imitating their history teacher. She even sat up straight again and twisted to look at him directly instead of him leaning over her and making her eyes water from the fumes, "Are you already drunk? Or high? I Told you to be careful about what you drink."

She stood up then, not sure of what she intended to do but very much annoyed at the incompetence of her fellow student. Then Arien was talking to them and she gave a guilty twitch, aware that she was being a bit of a party-pooper. She stepped well away from Aaro, grimacing in distaste at his scent and tone. Mostly Celeste just didn't want him spilling on her, either what he was holding or what he had already consumed.

"Arien, it is very... nice. But not for me. I'm too aware of the rules to enjoy something like this." Celeste checked her purse to be sure nothing had happened to the contents before reluctantly meeting Arien's gaze. Just looking at him stilled her feet though and it was hard for her to try to tear away, despite her words of wishing to leave.

"I think I'd better get out of here before I ruin things for my comrades." Or for myself, she added in the safety of her own thoughts. This party was trouble of a sort she didn't have any defense against, and she knew that it wouldn't take much for pretty much any cute boy (that still had his shit together) to make her fall in every possible way. Therefore, avoidance was her best option, since she still cared about why she became a proselyte in the first place.

as written by Faithy

Jimmy was glad that he took the serum that Aaro lent him before leaving for the party, because there was something in the warehouse that was making him want to keep drinking. He soon finished off the whiskey and had moved onto a bottle that had been given to him, though he truly had no idea what it contained. Shifting his gaze towards Inarin who had been planted between the twins, Jim studied him for a moment to make sure he wasn’t being forced to do something he didn’t want to do before the male glanced towards Élisabeth when she moved over to where he was currently at.

“Yeah, it’s Jimmy. I didn’t have a choice in the matter. My mother died when I was born and instead of caring for me, my father put me in the care of the Church so that I could become a paladin, which would give him something happy to talk about instead of the sad story of how his child killed his wife.” Jimmy shrugged a little, clearly a little bitter at how his father still blamed him for the death of his mother.

“Sorry, didn’t mean to be a downer, but sometimes I can’t help but wonder if there was better things for me to do. Like, I want to meet an actual vampire and a werewolf and just… I don’t know, get to know them. The church tends to frown on that notion.” Sliding his fingers through his hair, he frowned, realizing his bottle was empty.

____

“Oh, yummy.” Alysa’s gaze had fallen upon the perfect specimen, one that she would love to take home with her and have fun with before turning him into a werewolf to add on to the Scion numbers. For a moment, the young adult had forgotten why she was at the party in the first place, but that was mostly because of the tequila and all of the delicious looking individuals. She was overwhelmed with the smells and the sounds and her body was growing hot as the drinks were downed into her body.

Studying the object of her desire, the Scion took in his beautiful green eyes and unique hair color, wondering if this was the male that Caitia had made note of. However, upon following his line of sight, she took in the VIP area, well, most specifically the males that were beyond the rope and felt her lips pouting a little at how they looked as well.

Wonder if I could get them all. Wait, wait… Rowan probably wants strong werewolves… they might not even make it beyond the shifting. But… they’re so delicious looking. Wrestling with her inner thoughts, Alysa slid away from the bar, moving towards the male with reddish-brown hair.

as written by Script

Élisabeth hummed briefly in response, nodding her head. "A vampire? I thought that official word was that they were all wiped out..." she noted, smirking. "Of course, I doubt that's entirely true, but they can't be very common. Not like the werewolves. They seem to be everywhere."

The girl shrugged. "I can't say I share your fascination with them, but I suppose it makes sense. If one's raised learning to fight an enemy without ever learning the other side... well, that's a recipe for atrocity. Good luck convincing the church of that, though. If your tutors are anything like my father, they're living a few centuries in the past, and think we're still at war. It's ridiculous."

It seemed as though she was politely avoiding commenting on Jimmy's past, at least for the moment.

as written by glmstr

"Wait, Valère wore a dress?" Aurelie grinned wide and giggled,
"That must have been so cute! Do you have a picture?" She leaned forward slightly and tried to imagine the twin wearing all sorts of dresses from the frilly and cute ones to the revealing and sexy ones, and each idea made her smile and blush even more. She had to take a big sip of her drink to stop smiling like an idiot, and even then it didn't help much. The twins were definitely intriguing her, and she couldn't resist wanting to know more about them.

as written by Script

The twins exchanged a glance and a grin over the top of Inarin's head, before Alveré leaned forwards conspiratorially. "He did. It was a proper ballgown, with frills and ribbons."

Valère sighed, "I only dressed up because you wanted me to, Alveré. Don't be mean. And there's no picture!"

Between them, Inarin was trying and failing to find any words. He'd been whisked out of the relative comfort zone of his new friends from the monastery, and found himself trapped between the incredibly strange twins and Rei's friend, who seemed far too interested in them.

Although he had to admit, a part of him shared the interest. Not so much in the dress, but...

...what? No! He banished the thought, blushing furiously. He wasn't supposed to think things like that! It wasn't normal! And it wasn't proper!

"So, Inarin." He froze as Alveré - though he'd lost track of which twin was which - slung an arm over his shoulder. "How come you're so wound up?"

Valère leaned in and placed his own arm across the proselyte's back to join his brother's. "You're wound tighter than a spring. Relax..." His fingers brushed through Inarin's hair, sending a shiver down the younger boy's spine.

"It's a party," Alveré noted, "You can leave your worries at the door. Just have fun."

"We certainly intend to," Valère giggled.

"I- it's just- I mean- I'm not... used to things like this," Inarin managed to stutter out, by this point having gone beet red. "Why are you ... I mean ... you're very ... touchy."

"Don't you like it?" Alveré purred, trailing his finger down the boy's cheek. "Valère loves it when I play with his hair. I thought you might as well." Though his focus was ostensibly on Inarin, he found time to glance at Aurelie and shoot her a wink.

"B-but... you... but..." Inarin stammered, "...brothers," he finished lamely.

"Aurelie, wasn't it?" Valère looked across at the girl whilst his brother continued to tease Inarin, "Arien didn't mention you. Are you also a proselyte?"

as written by glmstr

"Yes, it's Aurelie. I'm not with the church, so I don't have to worry about all of these silly restrictions," she smiled and finished her drink.

"I'm a friend of Rei, who wanted to find Inarin so I tagged along to this party. And now that I'm here, I'm more than glad I came," Aurelie giggled at the flustered Inarin, more than slightly amused at the twins' playful torment of the poor proselyte.

"I haven't yet made much of an acquaintance with Arien, I definitely hope to do so. Why wouldn't I if I get to meet such fun people as yourselves? I can always use a little more excitement in my life.."

Back