Status
Not open for further replies.
Mason held up his arms in defense. Chara's strikes hit. Some of them merely scratched the surface. Others managed to break skin. Mason retreated, step by step, as Chara advanced, swipe by swipe.

View attachment 2823
Now Chara's strikes were cutting deeper. The edge of her knife drew blood from Mason's hand. The locket shined with Mason's signature purple aura, but no healing came to restore his wounds.

"Oracle... I just need... One thing..." Mason said as winced in pain with each strike.

"You know, kid, your attacks hurt like a bitch, but at least you're not very smart."

The lavender aura travelled from the necklace, across Mason's chest and down his arm. In his open hand, the energy swirled and twisted in the shape of a small sphere the size of a baseball. The aura solidified and Mason threw it at the ground beneath Chara's feet. The sphere shattered on impact, but it achieved its purpose.

The shards of energy from the orb swirled in a circle, creating a ring of aura at Chara's feet. With a smug grin, Mason snapped his fingers. The energy opened up a hole in space and time, creating a portal that led back to Chara's home timeline in Undertale, exactly as she and Mason had left it. "Bye bye," Mason taunted as gravity would carry Chara down into the portal, and consequently her home timeline.

Another snap of Mason's fingers and the portal, along with the various others created by the Annoying Dog, closed, ceasing to exist.

View attachment 2824
"We did it!" Mason cheered.

Then he promptly collapsed to the ground on his hands and knees. Blood still ran down his arms, pooling on the tile floor of the judgement hall.

View attachment 2823
"Fucking hell..."

@Raynar Saassin

"Need a hand, kiddo? You seem to of gone through a lot of pain." "Considering he just survived a entire onslaught of attacks by that Chara? Healing is the least we can do in response to them saving our Universe."

And so every Sans rushed over to Mason and tried to use some of their magic to heal him.

"WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT!!!" Chara exclaimed as she screamed loudly in her own Judgement Hall, back in her original Universe like nothing happened.

"That boy... Is going to pay! I will make sure that the next time we meet, he will be dead! Exterminated! Eliminated! Destroyed! ERASED!!!" "You know something, kiddo? You never seem to shut up." Came a voice out of nowhere as Sans appeared from his pillar. Only this time... he was prepared.

hqdefault.jpg

vYhO1zw.png

"What's the matter kiddo? You look very pissed off. That expression... that's the expression of someone who's just died. How about we increase that number?"

@Alex Azure

Through the power of magic, Mason's wounds closed and healed, restoring him to full health. With Chara safely left within her own timeline, everything appeared to be in order. "Thanks for the help guys," Mason said as he rose to his feet.

"Chara's power means she's most likely going to end the timeline she's in, but at least there are other worlds that are safe from her."

View attachment 2833
"I'm sorry for causing all this trouble in the first place. I don't even know how I ended up here. It'll be sad to leave, but that might be best before I mess something else up. Oracle, ready to go?"

In response, an orb of light fluttered out of the necklace and became the pink fairy Mason had with him upon arrival. She yawmed and floated around lazily, as if she were about to fall asleep.

Mason wondered aloud, "How does a sentient ball of light with wings yawn? Or even talk?"

"Don't think about it to hard," the fairy replied, "and don't worry about causing trouble by coming here. Your necklace is far from a perfect transportation device. A tiny bit of dark energy is more than enough to throw the World's Heart off course. I can't imagine anything more malevolent than that child."

To punctuate Oracle's sentence, a cry rang out from the throne room, where monsters had been hiding with Toriel. The sounds of shattering glass and dying monsters followed quickly after.

View attachment 2835
"..."

"Yeah, definitely time to leave."

"I thought you were a hero," a voice chimed in Mason's soul.

"Yeah, but Oracle, we already saved the day. This seems like a problem for the real protagonist of the story. I was a fun side character, but I'm not the real hero."

"It wasn't her talking."

"Do I know you?"

"You did, once. Every time you remember me, you just lock me deeper in this golden prison of a necklace and throw away the key. I hope you can remember me for good this time, but it didn't work the last three times. It won't work now."

"Who are you?"

"Family. That's all I'll say. And right now, your family is asking you to stay here and fight. There are people who need you."

"Monsters."

"They're still people. Please, just one more fight. We'll deal with whatever this is, then you can go home and forget about Macy again. Can you promise one fight?"

View attachment 2834
"Alright. One fight. Inky, we should probably check out what's going on over there."

To an outside observer, Mason just held an entire conversation with himself. Macy's voice couldn't be heard beyond Mason's ears.

Meanwhile, a violent massacre was occurring in the room beyond. With both Chara's dead, nobody could stop Temmie, everyone's best friend nightmare from obtaining the six human souls.

@Raynar Saassin

"Now that kiddo will never harm anyone again." Glitch!Sans exclaimed as he took a sneak peak at one of Ink!Sans's observer things that he carries with him. "Although the Situation now is going to be hard to fix without a human."

"What about my Chara? What happened to them?" "The Chara we just defeated was the one who eliminated them to take control of this world's determination. Seeing as this world was a fresh run, your Chara was only a LOVE of 1 while this one Chara managed to slip past the maximum." "Wait, where did Classic go? Did he fucking ditch us?!" "No, Error. As we had sent her back to her original timeline, he had no reason to be here anymore. However he will remember these events and be prepared for the next time a Chara somehow gains Mason's powers or something similar to his powers. However..."

Ink!Sans then walked over to Mason and planted a Skeleton Hand onto his shoulder. "Something tells me you'll use these powers of yours to explore other Universes, I take it? You'd be wise not to pick unnecessary fights and alter history anymore. However your presence alone might do that."

"Hey did you guys... hear something?" Swap!Sans exclaimed as he had a feeling something was going on. "Ah, that."

@Alex Azure

"Sorry, Inky, I've already been going from universe to universe for awhile now. About... how long?"

"A couple months, give or take. From our perspective."

"And it's a whole lot bigger than you think."

"It's bigger than even I believed. The Underground and its alternate universes aren't anywhere in my bank of knowledge. Those worlds are at least prepared for Mason to shape their history. I guess there's a multiverse out there that isn't ready for him."

"And looks like I'll need to rewrite this history whether this universe is ready or not. Let's get going."

Continuing onward, the group would find a familiar face.

"hOI, fRIENDS. did joo hav a good TEM?"

Temmie cackled wildly. In the field of flowers, what was left of Underswap's monster population was fading into dust. Behind Temmie were six broken glass jars. The six human SOULS which were once contained within circled around Tem, slowly drawing closer to the beast. long with it came the SOULS of the defeated monsters.

"Six hooman souls... an dall the monsters... just a few more..."

3651a2b70e00ab7f9705bf94faaf3a18b1bb3c08_00.jpg

"And tem will be GOD"

From tem, several tendrils of magic lashed out at the Sanses. If they were caught, then, as with the other monsters, they would be absorbed into Tem's body, completing its transformation.

@Raynar Saassin

"Urgh!!" "What?!" "Fucking let go of me!" Glitch, Swap and Error Sans exclaimed in unison as the tendrils snatched them. Ink!Sans only just managed to dodge the one that was coming for him and made him panic. "He's blocked my powers... Unless. Mason. You are the only one who can defeat this one. You must assume the role of Underswap Chara and defeat Temmie in their place. As much as I'd like to bring Chara back to deal with them, I'm afraid we cannot do that without recreating what we fought to stop."

@Alex Azure

"Alright... Alright! Let's do this. Necklace, I'm gonna need everything you can give me."

"Everything?"

"Hold on, Lady Macy, you might want to rethink that choice of words."

"Lady? Macy? I'm not Sir Mason to you."

"Don't worry about it, Mason. Use as much power as you need. I don't think this enemy is going to hold back, so neither should we."

"Alright. Ink! Get to safety! I'll handle this Temmie!"

Yet Temmie wasn't Temmie for much longer. With the collective power gained fron all the souls it stole, Temmie's body transformed. Its monstrous form twisted and melted, and it began to shine with a bright light. A flash of magic energy blinded Mason for a moment. When his vision recovered, the Temmie he once saw was no more. Instead, he saw this:

1f1279be8cf86695766e81582d40e82db08d065e_00.gif

"Who are you," Mason asked.

@Raynar Saassin

"It's me, your best friend!" Then a name would appear in front of him:

M o n s t e r k i d

Then the battle between Mason and Monster Kid would commence, with a box appearing saying: "This is the end."

Mason has the first attack:

FIGHT
♡ACT
♡ITEM
♡MERCY

@Alex Azure

"Alright, if it's a fight you want, then let's FIGHT!"

Mason held out his hand, and from his aura formed a shining longsword. Despite the weight it should have held, Mason carried it with ease in one hand. He raised his weapon high and slashed at Monster Kid.

@Raynar Saassin

(Forgot the epic music!)

"Chaos Saber!" Monster Kid exclaimed as he summoned forth two blades and rushed towards Mason, clashing swords together. "Heh, you're not half bad! But I'm better!"

@Alex Azure

Mason broke free from the clash of swords and jumped backwards. Despite blocking Monster Kid's sword swipes, Mason still looked worn down by the attack.

View attachment 2884
"That's not bad, but you haven't seen half of what I can do!" Mason taunted.

But in realify, he thought to himself, "He's fast. I don't know if I can keep up. I may have to focus on dodging, hoping that I can wear him down... Which won't happen because he's absorbed a bunch of souls and is probably level 1000. I may be over my head."

"C'mon, Mason! We just began! You can't give up already! Don't lose hope, stay determined!"

ACT
HOPE
*A voice inside your heart fills you with HOPE
*DF increased!

A blue aura, different from Mason's own, radiated from his necklace. The light spread and covered his body. The light hardened like a suit of armor. Mason smiled.

"Your turn, buddy. Let's see your sabers cut through this!"

@Raynar Saassin

"Alright! Let's go!" Monster Kid exclaimed as he proceeded to launch himself towards Mason with his Chaos Saber, in an attempt to keep the pressure on. Midway through his attack however, he despawned his weapon and decided to pull out another one.

"Chaos Buster!" He then summoned a blaster and proceeded to spray the area in stars, in certain predictable patterns to be exact.

@Alex Azure

Mason swiftly steppped side to side, barely avoiding the flying stars. One star managed to scrape through the aura armor, leaving a gash in his shoulder.

"You're pretty tough. If you're bringing out the big guns, then I should too. In fact, here's my biggest gun! A gift from a friend..."

Mason's weapon dissipated into a puff of smoke, and he raised his arms high above his head. A ball of aura began to form, quickly growing to be almost as large as Mason himself. The ball's shape twisted and molded, becoming the shape of a skull.

"GASTER BLASTER!" Mason cried as the skull's mouth opened, firing a laser as wide as its jaw. The blaster quickly faded once the attack ended.

"You alright, Macy? I've never made something that large before."

"I'm f-f-fine, Mason. Just- just keep on going! We can see this fight through!"

@Raynar Saassin

"Woah!" Monster Kid exclaimed as he effortlessly dodged the Blaster fire and proceeded to spawn his swords once again for a close range attack. "You may have some weird tricks, but you won't be able to beat me!" He blurted out with confidence, and a clear smirk on his face.

@Alex Azure

Mason respawned his own sword and could barely block the swings of two sabers. While he was still keeping pace with his opppnent, it was clear that he was losing steam. The God of Hyperdeath had no such sense of stamina, and could keep going strong.

"Just... Just what the hell are you?"

ACT
CHECK

A chill ran down Mason's spine. The armor and sword puffed into smoke. Even the light burning within the heart of his necklace faded to darkness. Mason saw not only the infinite stats Monster Kid held, but through focusing his powers felt the composition of the monster's SOUL.
View attachment 2886
"Your aura... Your heart... it's disgusting!"

View attachment 2887
"All of those lost souls... just crying out to be free... I... I can't..."

Mason fell to his knees, choking back tears and cries of anguish. He was free to attack, and Monster Kid's continuing onslaught began chipping away at his HP. As a fighter who focuses his powers through emotion, the emotions of the souls that had been lost to Monster Kid echoed back into his heart.

But one soft voice managed to ring louder over them.

"Those hearts... That's just like me. Mason, that's what this necklace is. Oracle calls it the World's Heart, and that's what it does. It stores hearts. I'm glad you've finally felt their pain. But it's almost curtains for me. Do me a favor... SAVE.... SAVE them..."

And Macy's soft voice disappeared. Mason pulled himself to his feet. Tears rolled down his face and landed on the locket, which he held in his hand.

Mason's maximum HP dropped.

His AT dropped.

His DF dropped.

The power that had been given to him by Macy's SOUL was gone. But, despite all this, Mason wasn't done fighting. Something new burned in his heart, filling the space Macy left.

Determination? No, it couldn't be.
Perseverence? No, he had that already.
Kindness? Patience? Integrity? Bravery? Justice?

Whatever it was... it set Mason off. His aura returned, burning brightly, or rather, burning darkly. Against the bright technicolor battlefield they fought in, Mason's aura cast shadows. It flickered and flowed like a flame, wild and uncontrollable. Mason's words were there to match.

"Alright, Monster Kid! Those souls are leaving you, even if I have to tear them out myself!"

A new option appeared in Mason's menu, which he quickly selected.

SAVE

@Raynar Saassin

Last edited:
Inside of the battle box came an interesting message:

"You reached out to MONSTER KID's SOUL and called out to your friends. They're in there somewhere, aren't they? ... Within the depths of MONSTER KID's SOUL, something's resonating..!" And all of a sudden, Monster Kid was no longer his opponent. Instead, one of the Sans's became his opponent:

View attachment 2893

"Just give up... we did."

Mason would have the following options in his ACT Menu:

Joke
Multi-verse Protector
Chara
Mason

@Alex Azure

View attachment 2894
"Ink... I told you to get to safety and he got you anyway."

Multi-verse Protector

"How are you gonna protect everyone in the multiverse being stuck inside this monster's SOUL? Come on out here! You still have a whole lot of this multiverse to show me!"

@Raynar Saassin

"H-huh?" Ink!Sans responded, starting to flicker a little, his memories slowly returning as he attacked Mason with very easy to dodge Bone Attacks. Clearly Ink!Sans wasn't much of a fighter.

The following options were available to Mason:

♡Pun
♡Chara
♡Mason

@Alex Azure

Pun

"Pun."

"Oh wait, I have to actually come up with the pun."

"Hey, Sans, don't you ink we should be able to beat Monster Kid? I have an inkling of an idea that you're still in there and ready to come out. Color me surprised if a pun doesn't save you. Watercolor you waiting for?"

@Raynar Saassin

"Huh?" Ink!Sans responded, getting his memories back a little bit more. Perhaps one more ACT should do the trick? He responded with the same, easy to dodge attack.

Mason now only have two choices left in his ACT menu:

♡Chara
♡Mason

@Alex Azure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back