Ame Damnee Necropolis

Guruk Shamad
Necropolis

Xena. That vampire who showed up at The Sanctuary one day, she was smiling, happy to let me continue to garden there as if she was doing me some kind of favour.
The orcish man crossed his arms and grunted, now addressing Hi'dric and Maric. "It's been years since I've started working with that woman and Maric has coincidentally shown up on a number of occasions to work his magic over the course of the whole time I've known her. She still doesn't fully trust him to be there on his own but I imagine we are close... for now, Maric, you will still need me to get to her."

Footsteps, weak footsteps in the distance. The orc's eyes began to scan the fields of Necropolis looking for the distant sound that breezed through his ears. Guruk sniffed the air like a dog sniffing for last night's dinner in the dumpster. A strange new odour tickled his nose; something wasn't right. "Something is coming. I don't know what it is but I can hear it, I can smell it, but my eyesight is not as good."

Maric Vakarian - Necropolis

Maric was about to express his joy when Buttercup's words soured his mood. That was the second time today that his friend had underestimated him and Maric was starting to get a little defensive. "Buttercup, I'm surprised. You think a few brief greetings over the years is me 'working my magic'? Just wait until I make actual physical contact with her, then you'll see my magic."

He paused as the orc warned them of a presence nearby. He trusted Buttercup's senses, so if he said someone was coming, Maric was inclined to believe him. He braced himself for whoever might appear.

Serena, Necropolis, Wrath Precinct

Up to this point, the Head Priest was just observing the scene, trying to burn Jocasta with her look. It was Maric who has started the scene, but nonetheless – younger Dragonian shouldn’t tolerate even the single second of his advances; not when she had Hi’dric for her own.

Serena took it with satisfaction, when vampire casted a warning glance at Jocasta, and when she has left the area. High Priest was already heading back underground, when she heard Guruk’s warning. She has turned unnaturally fast, and dashed under the tree, that Overseer was sitting on.

With a quick movements of her hands she took away her notebook and teared out few pages with seals on them. The Scribe threw them at nearby graves forming a protective circle around Hi’dric.

“Direction, Guruk.” she has demanded calmly, looking at the half-orc, and at the same time writing hurriedly in her notebook.

Sunil Seva
Necropolis

He could see the other make faces of alarm. A woman even appeared in a protective stance in front of Hi'dric. He felt pleased. Hi'dric has loyal people, as always. People who are willing to protect him: the heart of the Circle. He just walked at the same pace, eyes trained at the Overseer, as he slowly emerged from the shadows, the golden flecks in his turquoise eyes seemingly glowing the dark atmosphere of the Necropolis. He must have looked strange, a naked young boy in the land of the dead, alone and stumbling on his own two feet. He set his gaze on Hi'dric, a blank, almost revering look, as he slowly knelt down in front of the Overseer, not caring what the others might think. Would Hi'dric remember him? He wasn't sure. Probably not. But he felt it in his heart, the unmistakable connection.

"Hi'dric Varon Normell." he murmured his name like a chant. "Forgive me for I have sinned. For me to take so long to get back to the cause is unforgivable. I shall take the proper measures to atone. Punish me... as you see fit." he said, his expression dead serious.

The sight of the naked boy kneeling in front of their leader nearly caused him to burst into a fit of laughter. "Oh Hi'dric! You sly devil, getting onto me for 'lewd behavior' when you have naked children kneeling at your feet? Oh, and pleasure as always, Serena. Really darling, you must settle your paranoia, you'll give yourself a conniption one of these days. Now it seems that you and this boy have some reacquainting to do so I shall take my leave. I have a ravishing vampire to coerce."

He turned from the bizarre sight in front of him, dragging Buttercup along with him. "Come on big guy. We'll take out the trash, I'll get changed, then its off to the sanctuary to see our dear friend Xena." They took care of their business swiftly and promptly. After changing into a shirt without bloodstains and putting on his suit jacket and ascot, he made his way towards the Sanctuary with Buttercup by his side, his heart brimming with excitement.

Last edited:
~Hi'dric Varon Normell-Necropolis~
Hi'dric slid his gaze over to Maric, his hand twitching to wring his neck. He said no more to the incubus and looked back at the child before his feet. Hi'dric was rather surprised that a child was here at all, after the Ritual wouldn't be taking place for some time but as he gazed at the child, he felt something very familiar about him. It was then when he spoke, it all clicked for him. Looking around to make sure it was only him, Serena, and the child, he dropped his form, showing his original looks to them. "Sunil? Is that really you?" Hi'dric could help but ask with surprise in his eyes. He quickly took of his cloak and wrapped it around Sunil. "There will be no punishment, rather, this calls for a celebration." he shared a soft smile with Sunil.

Reactions: Rue
Sunil Seva
Necropolis

He recognized me! Pure elation flooded into his heart. Only when Hi'dric wrapped his cloak around him did he realize there had been goosebumps on his flesh, a sign of the cold. He wrapped the cloak closer to himself. It was warm. As warm as the soft smile he has given him. This was it. Hi'dric accepted him with open arms. He couldn't be more happy. As he stood up, he glanced over at Serena, nodding quite respectfully. It has been a while since he's been in the Circle, he doesn't recognize her. But he felt... something from her. Her body was unlike that of a living being. It was... different. Is she another one of Hi'dric's creations? he wondered. But no, it doesn't seem like it. The magic that kept her together was unlike the magic in his veins.

Serena, Necropolis, Wrath Precinct

The High Priest looked at the newly arrived, with curiosity, that even made its way to her eyes. The boy before her definitely wasn’t a human, and to be honest his aura mostly resembled… hers.

And the way Hi’dric had welcomed him had made Serena very confused. To see Overseer speaking so softly, even when without witnesses, was uncommon. To put it lightly.

“Master,” Serena started, keeping her voice calm, but letting a little bit of her curiosity to sound in it. “Who is this boy?”

Last edited:
~Hi'drid Varon Normell- Necropolis~
"All will be explained in due time, Serena." he said, turning his gaze to her before looking back at Sunil. "Come, we have much to dicuss, friend." he placed his hand on Sunil's shoulder and began walking towards their location. "Serena, would you fetch some clothes for my friend here? I will inform you and the others on what's going on soon."

Serena, Necropolis

High Priest bowed gently and answered:

"Of course, Master."

For a few seconds she looked at the boy, at Sunil as Overseer called him, and squinted her eyes a little. It was very unlikely Hi'dric was wrong in his judgement of the other golem, but she had no other choice than to oblige to his commands. She turned quickly and went into one of the undergoround exits, intending to find some of the unused cult robes, and bring them back to the Overseer.

Jocasta, Entering Necropolis

She felt a bit strange reentering the area when Maric and Buttercup were nowhere to be found, but instead, Hi'dric and some strange boy. It seemed that everyone was always crowded around Hi'dric; not that it wasn't expected. Jocasta knew of his duty, but what she didn't know of was this boy. "Hi'dric?" she spoke, then glanced at the boy. Such a strange creature. Jocasta tore her gaze away from him. "Who is this boy?"

"Ahh, Jocasta. I'm glad you're here." he said, turning his gaze to the woman. "This here is Sunil, a dear friend of mine and someone who has been a part of the Circle for a long time." He then turned to Sunil, waving his hand to Jocasta. "This woman in front of you here is Jocasta and one of my finest converters I have here." Hi'dric glanced up for a quick moment before drawing his gaze back to the two, wondering where Serena could be with those clothes.

Serena, Necropolis

Serena was walking quickly, with a complete of white, cult robes fluttering behind her. She was still curious about the boy, and his connection to Hi’dric, the feeling magnified by the fact he had to be a member older than her, what in itself brought the plethora of questions.

Coming back to the exit of the underground, Serena has heard Jocasta’s voice. She raised her brows surprised she has come back so quickly, but she could be of use. With both of them alone with Hi’dric, there was a chance he will spill something more about the golem.

The High Priest gently jumped out on the surface and made her way to the three people standing close to each other. She faced the Sunil and gave him the clothing, saying:

“Please, excuse me for my cold initial welcoming.” She said with surprisingly warm voice, probably slightly less enthusiastic about apology than she sounded. “I have not seen you around here before.”

Sunil Seva
Necropolis

Sunil gazed at Serena as he took the clothes. "Thank you." he silently murmured. He was still struggling to move with the now unfamiliar body, but he took off the coat, and started wearing the clothes he was given right there, one item at a time. "You seem to have surrounded yourselves with capable people, Hi'dric. I see a bright future for the Circle. It's amazing." he told the overseer. His voice was a little meek and silent, but it seems to radiate with a sense of reverence. His fondness of the Circle was not something one can question simply by the look in his eyes.

He then regarded the two ladies. He glanced at Jocasta and nodded respectfully, and then at Serena as well. "My name is Sunil Seva. I have been the protector of the Circle for a while... back when it was still quite young. Though I was forced to... leave my post because of certain circumstances. It will be my greatest pleasure to be able to work with everyone once more... for the sake of the cause. May Aditi guide us."

Guruk Shamad
Necropolis

Once I report into Hi'dric I best get back to work. The detour at the Sanctuary was longer than intended, but well needed.
Guruk thought to himself as he walked toward the fields of Necropolis. As he drew closer to where he had departed he noticed that Jocasta had returned, but there was something else - a new person; a child? The orcish man didn't understand why a child was with them, it was not near enough to the sacrificial ceremony to have a specimen prepared so soon. More importantly, though, why was it outside with everyone?

Guruk approached the small group and looked at the child inquisitively, missing his speech about who he was. He addressed the group before addressing the child, "I apologize for my tardiness, our business at the Sanctuary took longer than usual." Guruk then turned to Hi'dric, "May I speak with you when you have a moment?" lastly, his gaze shifted back to the child. "One more thing, should I be preparing the ceremony...? This child does not appear to meet the requirements but I can prepare him in less than a day if you wish."

Jocasta, Necropolis

She nodded silently at Hi'dric's words. "I see," she murmured, green eyes sweeping over the small figure. Poor child. He seemed like he hadn't eaten in days or slept. She was also curious about how he ended up in Necropolis? Where was he before? Was the robe that Hi'dric gave him all he had in this moment? Her thoughts were interrupted as she sensed another familiar person; Serena. Jocasta wrinkled her nose a little, but stood her ground when the head priest approached Sunil with new robes. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Sunil Seva. Are you hungry? Tired?" Jocasta questioned gently. She waited for Sunil's response when a friend came back; Buttercup. So, he was at the Sanctuary, possibly with Maric, no doubt. As Buttercup addressed Hi'dric, she turned back to Sunil, a warm smile on her face.

Hi'dric gave a low chuckle as Buttercup asked about having to sacrifice the child. "There will be no need, Buttercup." He said. "This is Sunil Seva. A very good friend of mine from the early days of the Circle. "He flicked his gaze to his 'secret' lover and nodded towards Sunil. "Jocasta, I want you to see to Sunil's needs and get him aquainted with the area. I'll send for you two in a while." He said before turning to Serena. "Keep an eye on the both of them. Just in case, anyone tries to do anything. If so I will have their heads myself." He gave Serena a look, fully aware of her feelings towards Jocasta. Finally, he turned back to Buttercup and walked closer to him. "Did all go well?"

He'd only been a bit behind his friend, but the walk back to the Necropolis felt like an eternity. Ever since he put his hand on the daemon his head had been screaming in pain. He could see the darkness encroaching on his vision as he focused solely on keeping one foot in front of the other. When he reached the Necropolis, a small smile reached his face as he saw his friend and the imperator engaged in a conversation. He reached out a hand to touch Guruk, but instead felt his vision go black as he passed out right behind him. His face pale and clammy, his body covered in sweat.

Guruk Shamad
Necropolis

"Sunil Seva? Well, if he is a good friend of yours than he is a good friend of mine." Guruk replied, faintly smiling at another dedicated member of The Circle. Hi'dric had asked him if their talk with Xena had gone well but he was not paying attention, there was a sound of a strained man echoing through his ears. It was coming from behind him... it familiar. Maric?

Guruk turned suddenly to see his dear friend desperately reaching out to him, only to collapse before making it close enough. Maric had pushed himself too far this time, or at least that is what Guruk had thought happened. The orcish man swiftly moved toward Maric and put a hand on the side of his face. "Come now, my friend... come on back." Maric only grumbled at the feeling of Guruk's hand resting on the side of his face. He was too far gone. Guruk sighed a worried breath of air and picked up the man easily. Before leaving he turned to Hi'dric, "I'm sorry, we will have to discuss later. Maric's well being comes first."

Guruk disappeared inside the prison and made his way to Maric's room where he laid the man on his bed. He knew that it would be awhile so Guruk pulled up a chair next to his bed and leaned on it with his big arms, resting his head in them. The orcish man placed one hand on Maric's shoulder to encourage a quick recovery. "What did you do? Stupid man..."

Last edited:
Serena, Necropolis

Serena raised her brows almost unnoticeably, when Hi'dric commanded her to look after Jocasta and boy, but then reflected and bowed gently: "Of course, master."

She moved gently in the direction of the Sunil, still unsure how to treat him. If Hi’dric referred to him as a friend of the early days of cult, then it meant he was probably older than her, or any other member of Circle present here, for that matter. On the other hand, Sunil looked so defenseless and delicate. Even Jocasta, normally very confident woman, seemed to be a little bit baffled with this contrast.

Serena moved her hands gently and set the Sunil’s robes right, seeing that they moved in a strange way around his shoulders.

“I am afraid they are a little bit too big,” she said with the tone she used to address the children she was meeting on the streets of Abaddon, trying not to sound too maternal, but also with some care in her voice. “I will have to take care of that later.”

Serena looked at Jocasta briefly, surprised with woman's gentle approach to the boy, and straightened her back and looking at the boy.

“Come with us, master Sunil,” she decided to call him with the same title, as she used towards Hi’dric, just to be on the safe side. “Me and my friend Jocasta will show you around.”

Back