Ame Damnee Necropolis

Maric Vakarian - Necropolis

He nodded when she mentioned the possibility of the old man being a faery. As soon as she said it, the information clicked, as if he had found a key to one of the locks surrounding his past. As she blushed and looked away from him, he immediately chastised himself for blurting it out like that. He started floundering for a recovery. "I-I'm sorry, Xena. It's just that you wanted to know about the images and I thought you might have seen something similar or knew something about it and... gods I'm so sorry." His speech was fast, his face beet red until he finally forced himself to shut up and take a deep breath to calm down.

He wanted desperately to confess all of his feelings for her right then and there, but stopped himself. He'd seduced girls like her before, they take time, sometimes they're in love with another, if he gave in to his feelings he'd get his heart broken and she'd second guess every moment he'd spend with her to help uncover the truth of their memories as him just helping her because he loves her.

What was he even saying to himself? Love?! The only love that Maric's ever felt was for Buttercup, but even then he merely loved Guruk like a brother. He needed to sort these feelings out, find the truth of their past, who this girl truly was to him. "I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable Xena. The image does show that we had a fairly close relationship though. It explains why I've felt such a kinship with you ever since Buttercup first introduced us. I consider you a very dear friend of mine Xena, and I promise, I'll be with you every step of the way as we search for the truth together." He said with complete sincerity.

Last edited:
Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
Necropolis

Xena covered her mouth... and giggled. She seemed to try to stop her laughter, just to be polite, but it got out anyways. She laughed, thoroughly amused to see him beet red, as her own blushing has started to calm down to a faint pink in her cheeks. "It's so strange to see an incubus blushing. You're something else, Maric." she said as she bit her lip to stop further laughter from escaping. "I did... well, in my memories, we have indeed been pretty close. So whatever it is that you have seen..." she looked away shyly, uneasily. "Y-you didn't remembering it clearly, right, did you?" Her ears were turning red again. The idea that Maric might have seen her bare in his memories was a very, very strange thing to think about. She hugged herself a little closer, a little conscious about her purity, or lack thereof. She glanced at Maric and gave him a look. "I forbid you to think about it again. You aren't a p-pervert, are you?" she stared, stuttering a little. When she realized what she just said, she wanted to bury herself underneath the tombstones around her.

Jocasta couldn't believe the things she was hearing from where she stood. She wasn't sure whether to keep things a secret, tell them to Buttercup, or even tell them to Hi'dric. She mused, biting her lip, when suddenly a new and fresh scent invaded her senses. It smelled like wet dog. She turned her head left and right, then noticed a large dog-like creature from afar, peeking out of the prison. Who in the world was it? What was it?

"Does Hi'dric have a pet wolf or something now," she muttered under her breath. She hoped the wolf wouldn't move further, as she believed the large size would make noise and cause her eavesdropping to be noticed by the woman he was with and worse, Maric. The vampire was sure Maric wouldn't enjoy noting she'd been essentially spying on them the whole time since he found the woman.

@Revelree @jrusso20

Reactions: Rue

Her giggling at his embarrassment only made him blush further in embarrassment. "I'm usually not this shy about things of that nature, but it's just... I don't know, I don't want our friendship to be ruined by something so terribly awkward." As she began to blush again however, his smile returned. "Very well, until we figure out exactly how close we were, I shall put it out of my memory. As for whether I'm a pervert or not, that entirely depends on the company I'm with. Since it seems to make you uncomfortable, I shall be a perfect gentleman around you." Thanks to his personality shifting power, he knew that he'd be able to keep that promise.

His heart was eased as he heard her laugh. It gave him hope that the worst was over and that the two of them could focus on healing together. He scooted over towards her a little bit and put a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Feeling a little better now?"

Guruk Shamad
Necropolis

The orcish man exited the prison into the fields of Necropolis. The fresh air filled his lungs as he scanned the region around him and contemplated his next move. Did he want to kill the man child or did he simply want to question what sorcery he cast on Maric? Guruk's feet began to move at a relaxed pace toward Abaddon again while he pondered the game of chess. If the man child attacked him he wouldn't hesitate to defend himself but Guruk knew that would not warrant killing him in the view of the public. If he wanted to kill the child... he would have to lure him into Necropolis somehow.

Guruk's feet slowed, he could hear voices in the distance. Familiar voices. Xena and Maric? Guruk's brow furrowed, what was Xena doing in Necropolis and why was Maric out of bed? He sighed heavily, maybe I shouldn't have left a young girl to watch over that sneaky devil. Guruk scanned the area once again to ensure they weren't near by. He wouldn't want them to see him leaving, right now he had a job to do and crashing Maric's party was not on his list. Although he was dumbfounded by the fact Maric would bring that girl here so soon, he ignored it. He ignored their voices and continued on toward Abaddon knowing full heartedly that he would be speaking to his friend later.

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
Necropolis

"Feeling a little better now?"

Xena glanced back at Maric, with a small, sad smile. "Yeah... a little bit." she replied as she twiddled her thumbs absentmindedly. There was still so much things to learn, so many questions and answers to discover, but maybe what she needed all along was just this... a companion. To be honest she still felt quite bad, almost embarrassed, by the state he had found him earlier. "Can we... keep this incident between us?" she asked. "I don't want to upset Errol."

The Necropolis now felt more eerie. If she didn't know better, she would have been certain that unknown entities have been watching them from the shadows. A cold draft of wind came and she held herself, shivering slightly as goosebumps appeared on her skin. She remembered Maric's arms around her, the feeling of safety and comfort. She knew at the bottom of her heart that he had been important to her past self somewhat. Before she realized it, she was speaking again. "Hey, can you do me a favor? I..." she hesitated, before blushing slightly and looking away again. "Never mind. Does your head still hurt, Maric? We could go to the Sanctuary and I could try to... I don't know, check up on you a little bit. If you're worried Wroth might be there, we could go to my estate instead. I have my supplies there as well. I'm a little worried because you still kind of looked pale. I mean... if you don't have anything else to do..." she trailed off.

He gave her a comforting smile at his request to keep the previous incident between them. "As long as you promise not to scare me like that again, I wont tell a soul." He said, currently undecided on whether he should tell Buttercup or not. They were close friends and Maric was certain he'd want to know, but perhaps that would only upset Xena more. He decided to let the matter lie undecided for now.

His heart skipped a beat as she asked him if he'd like her to check on him after his incident, another chance to get closer without anyone interfering. He couldn't help but feel like they were being watched so he leapt at the opportunity. "I'd really appreciate that Xena, I'm not actually sure what that.. Wroth, was it? Did to me and it would be nice to know if it was merely a onetime thing. Your estate sounds like the best place to go, not only to avoid Wroth, but also to find some sort of clue about our past. Maybe something will be there that I'll recognize." He stood up and offered his hand to help her up. "Shall we?"

Jocasta immediately left her spot on impulse. There was no way Maric was going to the Sanctuary with Xena in that state. Xena might've been tied to his past somehow, but that didn't mean he got to walk around with her willy nilly. "No way, Maric!" she scolded. "No way! Who do you think you are, leaving your bedside while you were still recovering?"

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
Necropolis

Xena smiled, rather delighted at Maric's positive response. She was also pleased by his eagerness to learn something more about their past, however little. She personally didn't know how he would react to the books she had written, back at home. Would he recognize it? Did he help her figure out the material at one point? As far as she could tell, they had been accomplices, but where does Taran and Legion fit in on this picture? And what about the other people Maric had seen in his vision? She was nowhere near closer to the truth, but at least this time she felt calmer. This time she felt like she can get through this, for better or worse.

She had been... weak. Too weak to face her demons. Too weak to cope. Once her own idea of self identity shattered, she felt like she was nothing: useless... hopeless. But good things an come from the bad. Maybe, just maybe, her current self can atone for all the sins she had accumulated. All she needed to do is hold on so that she won't be consumed by the storm.

Smiling softly, she held his hand as they were about to leave, but then a woman came from behind one of the trees and scolded Maric for leaving. For a moment she stared at her, surprised, silently wondering who she was to Maric... a lover, perhaps? The way she had talked to him was so familiar, they was a fair chance they are. Her grip on his hand loosened a little bit as she pondered this, a small ball of envy forming in her heart. Wait... envy? Why? A small feeling settled at the base of her gut, as she felt almost nostalgic, remembering the feeling of being curled up next to his body, whispers of sweet nothings in her ears, the feeling of his fangs sinking on her neck... Taran?

She was so distracted by the passing thought that she almost missed it. This woman... just said bedside. Maric has lied to her for some reason. His claim on how he is here in Necropolis has now become slightly suspicious... but she doesn't want to dwell on it for now. She is tired. So tired of feeling like shit, so tired of feeling confused, so tired of doubting people. She faced the woman: a young vampire, if she was to trust her developed ability to identify between races, and gave her a small apologetic smile as she let go of Maric's hand. "I was going to bring him to my care, miss. I'm a healer, I was simply concerned for his recovery as well. My name is Xena, nice to meet you." she said with a small smile. "But..." she trailed off uneasily. "If you wish, I could just leave. I don't wish to be a bother... to you two." she said uncertainly as her gaze shifted between the two, taking a small step back.

Her hand fit perfectly inside of his, and Maric felt wonderful as they were about to depart, right up until Jocasta appeared seemingly out of the ether itself to scold him. His mood immediately soured as he thought about how much the girl may have heard from their conversation, and his scowl deepened after she mentioned him leaving his bedside. He'd have to explain that lie to Xena later as he was almost certain she'd be able to pick up on it. First though, he needed to get rid of an annoyance.

Running his hand through his hair, he regained his composure and put on a smile. "Ah, Jocasta, what a surprise. I should introduce you, this is Xena, she works as Abaddon's finest healer at the Sanctuary. Xena, this is Jocasta, one the members of my order. Jocasta, darling I do appreciate your concern but trust me when I say I'm in good hands with Xena. Besides if you keep away too long Hi'dric might start missing you." He gave a wink at that last remark. Hi'dric may not want it known, but there was definitely a relationship between Jocasta and him, Maric could see it in the way Jocasta's eyes lingered on him every time he entered the room.

"Be a dear and let him know that I'll be with Xena would you? Thank you darling." He turned back to Xena, offering his hand once more. "Now then, shall we be off?"

She felt her blood boil at his arrogance, but mostly at his ignorance. This wasn't a time to act foolishly. "You passed out, Maric!" Jocasta exclaimed before Xena could respond to Maric. "I don't get it! Walking all the way to the Sanctuary in this state?!" She wanted to pull her hair out. Her leader? Absolutely infuriating! "If you're going, I'm going too!" She scowled with frustration. She wouldn't take "no" for an answer. She'd die before she ever saw the last of a foolish man who simply wanted to be near some woman named Xena.

@jrusso20 @Revelree

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
Necropolis

Twice today Maric has praised her healing skills, and twice she felt herself blushing with a weird mix of embarrassment and pride. So he was not his lover after all? Now that she thinks about it, does Maric have a lover at all? Most incubuses usually end up being players because of their nature, leaving broken hearts at their wake. But so far Maric had been... nice. He's been a gentleman, which was surprising. And interesting. And somewhat made her feel more comfortable around him. He was teasing Jocasta with winks and 'darling's though, so on the other hand, perhaps he simply does not see her as a conquest? She wasn't sure how to feel about that, though, so she just simply let it go.

When the woman insisted, Xena blinked... and replied. "Then, let's go all together." she smiled, a friendly one she always wore. She didn't know Maric's condition has been so bad that his friend was this worried about it. He passed out, too? She gave Maric a look, mostly as a scolding for not mentioning this earlier. She turned to the woman again. What was her name? Ah... right. Jocasta. "Please feel free to come with us, Jocasta. As it happens, we're not going to the Sanctuary, really, just to my home, which only slightly closer. If anything, we can all agree that Necropolis is not the best place to recuperate, right?" she chuckled softly.

Maric sighed, his disappointment and frustration clear on his face. He should know better than anyone how stubborn Jocasta can be once she's made a decision. It's one of the traits that made her so desirable for the cause. He looked over to Xena with a smile. "A pragmatic solution Xena. Very well, you can come along Jocasta. However, I do need someone to tell Buttercup and Hi'dric where I am so they don't get worried. Once it's apparent that I'm feeling better, could you please go and tell them for me?" He replied, his eyes telling Jocasta that she'd be in serious trouble if she didn't accept these terms.

Jocasta didn't understand what was going on with Maric- why he was so attached to this woman, but she complied. She planned to tell Hi'dric everything she'd heard regardless. "Of course," she responded, the heat in her voice slowly dissipating away. "I'll tell them after you've gotten better." She glanced at Xena, nodding in her direction, something in her body language subtly telling the woman that if she didn't do what she'd expected him to do, there would be consequences.

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
Necropolis

Once the two was done with their deal, Xena smiled. To be honest, she was quite uneasy with Jocasta coming over as well, but at least her and Maric can start talking about... other things, after she leaves. A small voice in her head wanted to hold Maric's hand again, but she kept them at her sides. "Let's go?" she asked the two, glancing back at the exit. It was strange, when she came here, she was so sure she won't be leaving anymore. She hugged herself from the cold as another cool draft whispered through them. She wished she had brought her coat along.

It was lucky that he still had his jacket on, as he saw Xena hug herself from the cold, he immediately took it off and wrapped it around her. "Here, wouldn't do to have you come down with illness along with me Xena." He said with a heartfelt smile. He looked to both ladies before beginning to depart. "Come ladies, let us be off." He said as he allowed Xena to show them the way to her estate in the Residential District.

Maric Vakarian - Entering the Necropolis with Xena

The entire trip to the Necropolis had Maric informing Xena of the cult known as the Circle of Sanctity, he described what the Imperator was, the High Priest, his own job as Master of Movement which felt somewhat odd to him now after all the Harbinger memories he'd regained, the Sacrificial Priest and all the other members. When they got to the Necropolis he paused and faced Xena. "So you probably noticed back when Jocasta caught us here that I told a bit of a white lie. Our official home is the abandoned Abaddon prison, when I collapsed after touching Wroth earlier, Buttercup found me and brought me to my room in there. I didn't tell you because I wasn't sure what you'd think if you knew we were housed in a prison. I'm sorry for that." He apologized sincerely.

He took her other hand in his and stared into her eyes, his devotion to her apparent in them. "I ask that you keep an open mind when you enter there and see what we do. Just know that if they hurt you, they're dead to me. I'll follow you through whatever path you choose to follow, and if Aditi and the Circle damn me for it, then so be it. At least I'll have you."

@Revelree

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
Necropolis

The girl blushed, caught off guard by the devotion in his eyes. She still could not quite wrap her head around that idea, she looked down at the ground, couldn't quite meet his eyes. "What the hell..." she murmured. "You're like a different person now. Should I thank Aditi for that?" she said with a small smile. She had not expected that the Circle would have its base on Necropolis though, but she guessed they probably had no choice, given that their religion was forbidden in this city. Regardless, she didn't quite understand Maric's sentiment. An open mind? He made it sound as if they were doing some strange stuff in their religion, but what could be so bad about a religion following the teachings of a peaceful goddess? "Alright..." she replied hesitantly.

His heart soared as Xena blushed and looked away. She asked if she should thank Aditi for him becoming a different person and he just smiled. "You can thank her for introducing me to Buttercup. He taught me what loyalty and devotion are truly about." He saw the hesitation in her eyes and he didn't blame her, he'd seen her morals become more lax as she'd started regaining her memories, particularly with Legion when she'd gotten rather feisty, but he still wasn't sure what she'd think of the Circle's true practices. He kissed her on the forehead and gave her a reassuring smile. "Everything will be ok." He said and led her down the prison entrance, praying to Aditi that she'd understand.

Wroth (Legion)
Necropolis- Tree

Cold. Wroth felt a gentle cold all over his body. Waking up he found himself laying down on a dead tree's branch, at leat 20 feet in the air, surrounded by several gravel stones and tombs, with a view of the prison about 200 meters away. "Legion!?" He knew he shouldn't have listened to him! "What did you do?!" Mumbling Legion only said. "Just... Needed, air." He seemed more out of it then usually, Legion usually had a dignified. If smug. Way of talking, but now he just sounded more like an animal and less like an intelligent individual, feeling a little worried for Legion despite everything. "Are you o-" Was cut off by a yell that sounded more like a roar. "I aM. FinE!" "No your not!" Wroth snapped back. "You sounded like a damned bear with the worse stomach ache every!" Legion was mumbling to himself so low that Wroth could barely make it out. "ThInKinG gEt.... HaRd.... MuSt....GahHh! WrOtH.......I'm Sor..... HahahahahahHAHAHAAHAHAHAH! I HURT! I HURT! I HUUUURT!" Feeling his heart breaking and his panic rising. "Legion!"

Back