Ame Damnee Necropolis

Sunil Seva
Necropolis

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Sunil Seva. Are you hungry? Tired?" Sunil pondered the question. He does indeed feel tired... but he knew this body needs no food. It just does what it does... until it was no more. He gave Jocasta a small smile. "Thank you for the offer. I think I shall be alright with a bit of a rest. I haven't been in this form in a very long time." he replied, and then he glanced over to Serena. "You are the high priest, I assume? No need to call me with such a fancy title. I was but a meager trader and converter. Please just call me Sunil... or Nil, if you prefer. And... I do not mind the robes. It's very warm... and that's enough. Thank you." he gave her a soft, gentle smile.

Jocasta felt her heart lift. "Very well then, Sunil. As the high priest spoke, let's go." She turned on the heel of her boots and beckoned the small child to come along. Perhaps, she'd be able to learn more about him once they got inside and found him a place to rest.

Hi'dric headed towards the prison after a few more moments to himself outside, changing to his more holy looking form as he went in.

Maric Vakarian - Entering the Necropolis

His steps were slow and cautious as he left the support of the prison walls, his legs feeling that with one wrong step, they would give way from underneath him. Still he carried on, advancing a good distance into the expanse of graves before finally finding a resting headstone of his liking. He sat down and leaned his head back against the headstone, his body hopefully out of view from anyone who was approaching from the direction of the prison.

His thoughts drifted back to the flashes that entered his mind, he'd been lying when he told Jocasta the details had faded as quickly as they appeared, each one showed themselves crystal clear in his mind. A man with silver hair, a kitsune with golden eyes, two odd looking daemons, Xena. The images of himself and Xena shone most prominently in his thoughts, whether it was because he willed them to or because the being that implanted them did, he didn't know.

There were two images of him and Xena, one had their bodies intertwined in an act of sexual bliss, so prominent that it made the incubus blush legitimately for the first time in over 50 years, the other an act of torture. The two seemed to act as a team, with Maric playing the sympathetic kidnapper, charming their victim for the information they needed, Xena played the cold pain inducer as she cut into the victim with her scalpels.

The images felt right in his brain, yet he didn't know why. How could the same sweet innocent girl who ran the Sanctuary, hold such a darker side within her. The thought both confused and excited Maric at the same time. All he wanted in that moment was to be back in the first image, but where was it? When was it? Why did his contact with the horned man cause him to see this? The questions swirled in his mind as he closed his eyes and called out her name. "Xena." He called softly. Hoping against all logic, that wherever she was in Abaddon, she could hear him calling for her.

@Revelree

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
Necropolis

Despite being quite intoxicated, Xena walked fairly easily towards the Necropolis. The place was vast, deserted across all sides, and for a while she felt comforted as she walked past the graves. She stopped underneath one of the misshapen trees, staring at the nothingness in front of her, thinking of the nothingness awaiting her. What was on the other side, she wondered. Will a part of her still continue existing, even while she's long dead? For a moment she let her hands graze through the rough trunk of the tree before her, and then she knelt by the base... and prayed.

To whom was she praying to? Not to the gods, certainly. Lucifer was not a god benevolent enough to heed a lowly vampire's thoughts, and Aditi would probably not be pleased by the things she had done, or going to do. No--- she prayed for all the souls that had suffered injustice from people like her. Souls that had died without seeing the beauty life can give them. Her ignorance was fun while it lasted, it was rewarding to be able to save so many people, and live everyday life peacefully. But all sweet dreams come to an end. And fitting enough, so do nightmares. She wanted to get out of this nightmare. Taking out the pocketknife, she flicked it open and aimed it at her throat.

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

The hope has been abandoned. The path to paradise begins in hell.

Maric Vakarian - Necropolis

He awoke some time later, not even realizing he had dosed off. He still felt weak, but at least some of the color had returned to his cheeks. He debated returning to the jail and accepting the chastising of Buttercup and Jocasta, when all of a sudden, out of the corner of his eye, he saw her. Xena. Walking solemnly amongst the graves. His heart beat quicker in his chest. Could it be that she had heard his call for her? Was there really some truth to the images he had seen.

He started to climb to his feet, she hadn't noticed him yet, but he wanted to go to her. He used the grave for support as his smile was soon replaced by one of worry as she looked blankly at the tree in front of her. "Xena?" He called softly, his voice too hoarse to project any further. He lurched towards her on unsteady legs, a desire to ask her what was wrong burning in his chest, forcing his legs to move.

When she brought out the pocketknife his pace quickened, he had no air in his lungs, all his energy focused on moving his legs towards her. As she brought the knife to her throat, tears rolled down his eyes as he gathered up what little air he could find and let out a mighty roar. "STOP, XENA!!" He felt light headed as he fell forward. Landing on his stomach, he looked at her, his vision blurred, praying to Aditi for the first time in his life, praying that she wouldn't go through with it.

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
Necropolis

"STOP, XENA!"

Xena was startled out of her thoughts when she heard the a familiar voice yell. There he was, Maric, falling over on his stomach, looking over at her as worry personified. His eyes were intense in those moments, and any other day she would have rushed to his side and help him up, but not today. She simply shook her head, and took a step back, remembering her dream, remembering this person's connection to her past self.

"Stop! What were you thinking, starting without me?"

She instinctively covered her ears. Her hands was shaking. She doesn't want any of this. She just wanted the horrible visions to stop. She just wanted to die as herself, not some ghost of her past. But she could tell little by little... that she was changing. "Stay away, Maric." she murmured... softly, as she poised her knife towards him. "Let me be..."

He brought himself back up to his knees as his vision started to clear again. He thanked Aditi for this chance, for buying him some time to talk her down. His mind flashed the visions of her body and his, the team that they had become, his connection to her went deeper than he could ever have fathomed, and he was not about to let her rip it away from him.

He brought himself back on his feet, tears in his eyes but determination on his face as he took another step towards her. "No. Not until you explain to me why you just tried to take your own life!" He didn't care if she killed him where he stood, he wouldn't just stand by and watch her kill herself in front of him.

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
Necropolis

"You don't understand..." she murmured softly, and then suddenly, a flash of anger sparked in her eyes. "No... you do know, don't you? You were there. You were with me in that god forsaken place, doing such horrible things... you were there!" Tears has started forming in her eyes as her hand shook, her free one, darting to her hair, to her dress, as if she didn't quite know where to put it. "Maric... I'm a monster. I've been a hypocrite all along. I can't live with this, I can't live like this... please go away. Let me just... end this pain. It's all coming back. Little by little. I'm dangerous. I just don't to hurt anyone else anymore..." she stumbled as the tears fell, and then she gazed at her wrist. She knew where's the best place to cut-- no. Not fast enough. The best thing to do truly is to stab herself by the throat, ruin her windpipe, let the blood rush through her lungs---

How do I know this? the truth made her feel even sicker. She gulped, staring at Maric. This isn't what she wanted, she doesn't want anyone to know. Most especially, she doesn't want Errol to know. He'll be devastated. She was confused now, unsure what to do, but she wanted to. She wanted to...

He rushed towards her as she stumbled, the image of them in the torture chamber flashing through his mind. That monster of a man must have caused her to remember as well, and if that's what she'd seen, his heart broke at what this poor girl must be feeling in her heart. He kneeled before her, looking her in the eyes his tears meeting her tears as these two broken people shared their pain.

"I do know. I don't know everything, but the flash was there, the memory that I cant recall naturally no matter how hard I try. Us, in a chamber, together, with a man as we performed unspeakable acts to his body and mind. The memory shocked me to my very core, but Xena I beg you to hear my words." He took her hands in his, eyes pleading for her to understand. "That was who you were. It's not who you are now, just as it isn't what I am now. We may have lost the memory of what we've done, but now that we're slowly regaining them, we must strive even harder to atone for what we've done. You aren't a monster, the sweet girl I know, who would take care of the flowers with Buttercup and push herself to the point of unconsciousness trying to heal people of their suffering. That girl isn't a monster, and she's sitting right in front of me." His eyes spoke the truth of his words as he cupped her left cheek with his right hand.

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
Necropolis

Xena's expression softened as she heeded his words, her hand slowly lowering She was just so confused. So tired. Things were so much simpler yesterday. "No, you don't get it Maric." she said as she fell on her knees, holding the knife close to herself, as if she could not bear to part with it. "It's creeping back. I... wanted to kill people. I was going to. Back at the Clocktower. I was going to..." she trailed off. "I couldn't control it. I couldn't control the monster inside me. I don't know how! I don't know how... I don't know..." the knife fell down on the ground as she cried, covering her face with both her hands.

His heart broke again as she sobbed, the knife dropping out of her hand doing little to calm him. Instinctually he wrapped his arms around her and brought her shuddering, crying form into a hug. Gently, his voice shaking with emotion, he said to her. "We'll find a way to control it. I promise Xena. I wont let you suffer alone. I swear on Aditi, hear and now, that I will do whatever it takes to help you find a way to control the monster inside. I wont let it consume you."

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
Necropolis

She leaned in on his embrace, feeling comforted by the warmth around herself, as she sobbed as she clung to his shirt. "Maric... I wanna know. I need to know. Who I was, who Taran was to me, how Legion is connected to all this, who you are to me... but I'm so scared. I... don't want to hurt anyone. I don't want to be like this. I just wanted... to be in the Sanctuary... help people... be at peace..." she said as she shook, more tears escaping her eyes. "I can't... deal with this alone. Please... help..."

He clung to her, desperately not wanting to let go. He heard the names, Taran, Legion, they felt familiar, he could place the names to the faces he saw in his vision. Taran, the silver haired vampire, how he knew Taran was a vampire, he didn't know, but he'd stopped asking questions at this point. Legion, one of the strange daemons, the voice that whispered to him before he woke up. The pieces were fitting together one by one. He knew that Xena would be able to help him fill in the holes of his past, but more than that, he just wanted to help this poor girl that he cared for so much.

"Of course. We'll find the truth together. I'll stay by your side every step of the way. You'll never have to deal with this alone again. I promise Xena." He realized what he was saying as the words left his mouth. There was only one other person Maric would pledge his undying support to like that, and that was Guruk. Yet in this moment, such dedication, it felt right to give. He meant every word, he would help her through this, even if the goddess Aditi herself tried to stop him.

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
Necropolis

Soon enough she was calming down, her sobs turning into sniffles, her grasp on him weakening into a mere hold. She was starting to feel her intoxication again, the amount of wine she had drank before coming over here, and she felt tired. She was coming back to her senses, and that's when she realized the strangeness of Maric's presence here. She took a step back from his embrace and looked up at him, confusion in her expression. "What are you doing here in the Necropolis, Maric? Nobody ever goes here, its deserted... the land of the Dead. Empty. And yet, you..." she trailed off.

He was glad to see her calm down but was caught a bit off guard by her question. It was one he knew was bound to come if he'd managed to calm her down, the question was, should he tell her the truth, or tell her a lie. He decided to tell her the truth, but not the whole truth. He put on an embarrassed smile and scratched the back of his head before proceeding with his tale.

"That's actually exactly why I came here, it's quiet, a good place for me to be alone with my thoughts, and after you passed out at the sanctuary, I was left with a lot to think about." His eyes grew serious as he came to the part he knew she'd understand. After Errol and I made sure you were comfortable, that horned man rushed over to see if you were ok. I put out a comforting hand and the next thing I knew, my mind was assaulted with flashes, memories I'd never seen before, but felt familiar. You and me, us with a group of 6 others, all of whom I know in some capacity but at the same time don't."

He ran his hand through his hair. "I left the Sanctuary with a blistering headache, my first impulse being to find someplace quiet where I could just think. I came here and passed out over by that tombstone over there." He said pointing to where he'd dozed off. "I came to, hours later, barely able to stand, and seeing you with a knife at your throat. Scared me half to death. You know the rest from there."

Jocasta, Entering Necropolis

Jocasta scowled; After she'd done her best to take care of him, he disregarded her words and ran off to the land of the dead- a rather foolish endevor, if she had anything to say about it. She hastily made her way to the cemetery, managing to see Maric from a distance with someone she wasn't familiar with. "Oh." She stopped dead in her tracks, immediately unsure whether she should go on. They seemed to be talking about something important; She didn't approach any further, instead turning around and scurrying back around to the large trees and bushes, not wanting to interrupt.

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
Necropolis

Xena studied Maric's face, trying to figure out where that small bit of an off guard expression has come from. She wasn't usually the type to get suspicious, but there's something off in his pause, that small one before he answered, as if he had struggled to think of what to say. Is he lying? she wondered. But then, she didn't want to know. She took a step back out of his embrace, feeling a little more modest now that her emotions had gone and settled. When she heard his explanation, however, she couldn't help but look up at him, feeling a slight sense of kinship on the fact that the two of them had shared the same situation. "I see." she murmured. "What did you see? Perhaps we can piece a few things together."

He didn't even know which image he should start on, but figured the group image was the best place. "The first was of a group of eight. You and I, along with a silver haired vampire, you said the name Taran, and it fits with his face so that might be him. Two odd looking daemons, one of whom might be this Legion you mentioned. A kitsune with white fur and golden eyes, an angel with an incredibly bored expression on his face, and finally a particularly old man of a race I'm not familiar with, but he had wings that were far different from an angel's wings."

He looked her in the eyes for his next admission, the images crystal clear as they appeared in his mind. "The next two were of us, the first was us working in tandem as we seemed to be torturing some poor soul for information of some kind, and the second... um..." He blushed as he forced himself to admit it. "The second was of us in an...intimate encounter. Apparently my nature as an incubus was present even in those days." For some reason he felt regret, like he missed out on what could have been something beautiful between him and Xena, but he wasn't sure why.

He'd forgotten to mention the image of him and this Legion character in a similar intimate moment, the image almost fading from unimportance, he wanted to treasure that moment with him and Xena, not be reminded of past conquests.

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
Necropolis

Xena listened intently, nodding when he mentioned Taran. She had not had much visions on this group of eight, but regardless, she was curious of their descriptions. Two daemons, a kitsune, an angel, a man with strange wings--- "You mean, a faery?" she wondered. True enough, their kind is not quite as common, but she knew they existed from the notes in her study. He looked into her eyes, and she suddenly felt a little self-conscious, especially when he mentioned his next vision, the thing about them torturing people together, something that has not quite settled within her enough. But she swallowed hard and accepted it as a fact. A sin she has to atone for. A sin she has to live through. There was a pause, as Maric seemed to hesitate on the second one. Xena's eyebrows knitted. Is he blushing? What was to blush about in this situation?

"The second was of us in an...intimate encounter. Apparently my nature as an incubus was present even in those days." he finally said.

For a moment, that did not register. She was a little confused on what he meant. And then it hit her, especially as he remembered how he had approached her on her memories, and she felt her own cheeks getting hot. Oh god. Them? Together... that way?! She had not even... had... any...

She was blushing hard, really hard, as she looked away, not quite sure on what to say other than: "...Oh."

Last edited:
Back