No Escape

When Even turned to Claire, Patrick was just standing around looking at the darkness. He gave the two a wave and a smile when he saw them look in his direction.

Last edited:
Evan lowered his flashlight to the ground, hanging onto Claire's words with a heavy heart. "Your grandpa, huh... hmm..." He crouched down beside her. "I getcha. I came here to visit a friend of mine who got hurt, but... that must be really hard on you. Especially now with whatever's going on now," Evan said, before making his tone a bit lighter in order to provide comfort.

"Hey, so... I know you've probably got a lot of things going through your head right now, but I just want you to know that--"

Claire couldn't see much of the boy that had approached her, but she was touched by the compassion shown just by his reaction.

Noticing the girl look at him Patrick just waved and smiled "Don't mind me I'm just not very good with the whole comforting people business. Patrick by the way and this is Evan we were visiting a friend when this whole business when down" he walked slowly towards Evan "Pretty annoying this whole blackout thing. It's got everybody on edge." there was an awkward pause for a little bit "So... Let me just say what my acquaintance here is probably going to say" He tried to give his friendliest smile "Our friend's room isn't far from your grandpa's you want to wait with us until the power goes back on? Or well I'm assuming that's what he was going to say" he turned to the guy next to him "You were going to say that right because if you weren't then I assume the right to claim the idea as my own" he laughed.

Claire was slightly startled by the interuption, and tried to straighten up a bit and look a little more put together now, not liking the idea of feeling pathetic and weak in front of her peers. Strange, Patrick was right, this outage seemed to have everyone on edge. Outages are normal. The didn't happen very often, but there is nothing strange about them. So why was there so much tension? Much be the hospital setting...

Patrick, Evan. Those names sounded really familiar. She must know them... Maybe English class this year with Mrs. Stewart?

If they are the people that I think they are, I didn't know they were friends. I've never seem them really hang out together before...
Wait, it this the Evan, the Evan with the hair...

Stop it...
She gave a weak smile in response to Patrick's invite. His light note was quite hilarious, and in any other situation, she would have laughed at such a banter.

And so, he hid his annoyance of knowing that Patrick was around again and spoke to Claire once more:

"Well, as he said, name's Evan. I'm cooped up with my friends in the room where my other friend is staying. I was gonna ask--

"Uh, can you stop doing that? It's annoying," Evan said briskly, letting his own personal frustrations leak out a little. Sighing and realizing how he was acting, he took off his glasses and rubbed the bridge of his nose. "Sorry, I'm getting a bit on edge..." he said, although what he wanted to say was "I'm about two seconds away from feeding you to Arris, you manic pixie douchebag."

Yep, just acquaintances, if that....
Claire thought as she noticed the slight irritation. Curious, how did they end up hanging out tonight? Must have been the friend who was in the hospital. Either way, the distraction from the traumatic event was much appreciated.

"It's cool man" he said calmly "I have that affect on people" he leaned in close to whisper loudly "I'm kind of an asshole if you haven't noticed yet" he grinned"Maybe that's why nobody seems to actually talk to me" he shrugged "Lots of shrugging today I guess I don't really know how to express emotion other than meh then shrug or maybe it's actually because i'm terrified at the situation and am trying to overcompesnsate, I mean it's probably the first one" Patrick said out loud to nobody in particular.

At this she gave comment, she almost laughed. It came out as almost a hiccup, a short sound of amusement. Claire still wasn't quite sure what to make of him...

Calming himself down, he turned to Claire again. "But yeah, the point is that if you want, you can come and hang out with us until the lights came back on so that you have some company. It's totally up to you though," Evan said, stealing a quick glance at Patrick to see if he'd say something else.

Noticing Evan glancing at him Patrick became confused "What was that? was that like some knowing look?" he said curiously "I- Wait, was I supposed to say something, Wait let me think" his face was deep in thought for a few seconds "I don't like sand it's course and it get everywhere, Bonds of people are the true power, I don't need a weapon. My friends are my power! something-something everything's going to be ok and we're in the twenty-first century and not in some eighties horror flick where all the main characters are dumbasses and if worst comes to worst we can just use a fire hose and do a die hard out the window" He just kept rambling like a crazy person clearly unphased by the current situation "Seriously though if you want I'll leave you completely alone and I swear that basically, every person in their clique is normal... I mean as far as I know, you know?"

Yep, this Patrick was definitely a strange soul. But still, she hesitated, contemplating the invite. She did just want to be alone, but then again, someone would be bound to find her eventually and kick her out. She had a better chance of staying till the lights came back on with this group. Maybe she'd give it a chance. What we there to loose?

He once again turned to Claire, his back facing Patrick in order to further keep his cool and also to more easily mask what he was going to tell Claire next. "So uh, yeah, it's totally up to you." He then leaned in a little closer and whisper to her, shielding the side of his mouth with his palm. "And between you and me, I can totally understand if you're not up for the idea if Captain Loudmouth behind me is upsetting you. We're not friends with the guy, but he showed the Hell up out of nowhere and he's been doing nothing but antagonizin' folks since he got here. You that noise earlier? He did that just for shits and giggles. Seriously."

Huh, that made more sense. Coming to her decision, she stood up slowly out of the chair and turned to Evan. "K," Claire said weakly "yeah, if I could join you, that would be great." She waited on Evan to lead the way to the room.

Patrick raised his hand in enjoyment "Coooool Beeeans, So Claire you haven't actually told us your name yet. I mean we've already told you our name... I think did we anyways. You can tell us about everything when mister white knight decides to guide us back since I'd probably get distracted and lost" he smiled.

Last edited:
Patrick raised his hand in enjoyment "Coooool Beeeans, So Claire you haven't actually told us your name yet. I mean we've already told you our name... I think did we anyways. You can tell us about everything when mister white knight decides to guide us back since I'd probably get distracted and lost" he smiled.

Claire was taken aback by his directness, but also her forgetfulness. "Sorry" she quietly stammered, "yeah, my name is Claire... But you already knew that? I feel like I recognize you guys from somewhere, like a class or something?" She paused trying to rack her brain for details of the other classes that she had. It must be Mrs. Stewart's class, but there were probably others too.

"That guy's a real ripe butthole."

Arris scratched his head as Patrick had left with Evan, annoyance evident. "See, the oddest thing to me, aside from his behavior, is that not a single nurse has been by to tell us the backup generator has been started or anything. By now, normally, at least someone tells you something after almost 20 minutes. I'm getting real antsy sitting here not knowing what's going on."

He fumbles around for his phone so he can text his mom, and maybe at least check his feed, when he notices something's off. "Huh. No service in this room. That's super weird. Not even any wi-fi from local services other than the hospital, this is.. Sketchy." He looks around the room and grabs a food tray the janitor had yet to come and collect from their party, it wasn't much, but a thick plastic object was better than going out looking unarmed into the darkness. "I'm gonna try and talk to some other patients and nurses if I can find any. Get some sort of idea of whatever the hell is happening."

He briskly takes a step towards the door, tray in hand. "I won't be gone long."

Sora yelped even worse as Alice gripped her...but deep down her heart swelled. Alice was holding back! She was holding her! The fear was sort of edged back by happiness, and she, in what everyone would inevitably discover was a drunken state, nuzzled and pressed close.
"Nn...Alice is holding back..." she murmured...and the smell of vodka could finally be hinted by such close proximity.

As everyone else began to leave the room, Alice began to worry. Never split up... I can't believe Evan of all people would forget that. Luckily for her, Sora was still helping her keep fairly calm. Alice felt Sora press in closer once she held back, and she could smell a faint hint of vodka or some other alcoholic drink in the girl's breath, Alice wasn't exactly much of an expert. That must be what was in her flask. Alice figured that Sora probably wasn't in a normal state of mind, but regardless, being with her made Alice feel better. Alice could also hear her mutter in a pleased tone about their closeness. She figured that she wouldn't bring it up now, especially with others still present in the room. She held on to Sora tighter, although Arris' claim brought her attention away from Sora for a split second.

"Arris... We really shouldn't split up so much," she spoke softly. "If something's going on, it might not be the best idea... If you're dead set on going out, please don't go too far away..."

Rockie struggled to sit up so she could look at Arris. "Please... don't do anything that would put you in danger. I couldn't stand to hear that you got hurt..."

The tighter hold made a small blush creep into her cheeks. Snuggling closers she was quiet and docile, just enjoying the closeness. Hazily she wondered if this was all a bad idea and Alice was actually trying to get her off...but then and gain she wasnt...that drunk...
Was she?

No. No she didn't finish the flask. She closed her eyes and listened to Alice, gently nuzzling into her neck. Safety. Comfort. Warmth. She was safe.
Nothing bad would happen.

Arris sighed. "I'll be safe, I'm just gonna be on this floor. If you're really worried, someone should come with me. Safety in numbers and all, but unless someone volunteers in the next second, i'm gonna go. Promise, I'll come back totally safe."

Alice kept her arms wrapped around Sora. She could tell that the girl was relaxed and calm again. At least I could do that much for her... She thought to herself, hoping that the other two wouldn't make any unnecessary comments.

Luckily for Alice, Rockie seemed more focused on her boyfriend. "I... I want to come, too," she said as she reached for her crutches. She knew that she wasn't in the greatest shape, but she didn't want to leave Arris all alone. She wasn't really supposed to leave the bed unless it was an emergency, but she thought that this would count as one.

"Are you really sure, Rockie? You... aren't in a condition to move around all that well..." Alice gave a sigh. "I need to stay with Sora. I'll keep her safe. And I can keep an eye on Rockie if you need me to, Arris..."

Evan could tell that Claire was a kind and gentle soul given she had the restraint to merely find amusement in Patrick's attitude rather than full blown distaste like he felt at the current moment. Even more reason to offer her shelter in this scenario of uncertainty.

Coming to her decision, she stood up slowly out of the chair and turned to Evan. "K," Claire said weakly "yeah, if I could join you, that would be great."

Evan smiled. "Alright then. Follow me," Evan said, getting up and leading the way back to Rockie's room, flashlight shining in front of him once more.

The conversation between Evan, Claire (and Patrick, unfortunately) continued as they walked...

"Sorry" she quietly stammered, "yeah, my name is Claire... But you already knew that?

"Yeah, I don't get it either... told you had a screw loose..." He uttered the last part under his breath.

I feel like I recognize you guys from somewhere, like a class or something?"

"Hm... now that you bring it up, you do seem familiar... maybe we passed each other in class or in the halls or something. I only hang out with a select few people."

"Well, however we might know each other, it really is better to stay together in these situations... well, apart from me getting separated from my friends by coming out here, which my nerd friend Alice might rag on me a little when I get back, but hey, I can handle myself. I've been able to handle intense stuff in the past, after all. I did a whole stint in a cave once, almost wound up like James Franco." Evan realized his attempts to convince Claire were now coming more off as wooing. He blushed. "U-Uh, not that I'm trying to brag or anything, j-just figured I'd bring up some conversation and whatnot, try and break the ice a little... heh heh... I'm sorry, just trying to lighten the mood a little. You're probably still a bit shaken up, I-I'll be quiet now...

Eventually, Evan led Claire and Patrick back to Rockie's room, opening the door and letting everybody back in.

"Hey guys. Numbnuts and I found who was screamin' outside. This is Claire," he said, introducing a potential new friend. "She's a bit stifled by what's been going down, so let's try and take things easy for her sake." Evan then looked to Alice and Arris, getting the feeling that something else had unfolded right before he returned. "So, uh, what did we miss?"

Luckily for Alice, Rockie seemed more focused on her boyfriend. "I... I want to come, too," she said as she reached for her crutches. She knew that she wasn't in the greatest shape, but she didn't want to leave Arris all alone. She wasn't really supposed to leave the bed unless it was an emergency, but she thought that this would count as one.

"Are you really sure, Rockie? You... aren't in a condition to move around all that well..." Alice gave a sigh. "I need to stay with Sora. I'll keep her safe. And I can keep an eye on Rockie if you need me to, Arris..."
"Rocks, I'll be fine babe. You should really get some rest and all. I mean, if there is some kind of emergency, I want you in top condition to leave if it comes to it. Besides, it's only a little stroll, I'm not on the wrestling team for nothing, I can handle myself." He said with a confident tone."If it makes you feel any better, I'll stay in the wing, even. If I find nothing, I'll come back." He assured her. "And yeah, please keep an eye on her. Keep her calm, and uh.. Remember, phones and whatever are out, at least mobile. I haven't heard the office phones ringing either, so it's safe to say they're out too. So I won't stroll too far." The reassuring tone in his voice dripped of cocky teenage confidence. Like nothing could kill you even if it tried.
"Hey guys. Numbnuts and I found who was screamin' outside. This is Claire," he said, introducing a potential new friend. "She's a bit stifled by what's been going down, so let's try and take things easy for her sake." Evan then looked to Alice and Arris, getting the feeling that something else had unfolded right before he returned. "So, uh, what did we miss?"
"Well, hey. And, well, phones are down for now. No signal, no wi-fi, no nothin'. I'm getting a little antsy, not hearing anything, so i was gonna go out an investigate. Mind tagging along, actually? Rockie really doesn't want me out there alone." Though he was sure he would be fine, he had to admit there was safety in numbers..

"Yeah, I don't get it either... told you had a screw loose..." He uttered the last part under his breath.

"Hm... now that you bring it up, you do seem familiar... maybe we passed each other in class or in the halls or something. I only hang out with a select few people."

"Well, however we might know each other, it really is better to stay together in these situations... well, apart from me getting separated from my friends by coming out here, which my nerd friend Alice might rag on me a little when I get back, but hey, I can handle myself. I've been able to handle intense stuff in the past, after all. I did a whole stint in a cave once, almost wound up like James Franco." Evan realized his attempts to convince Claire were now coming more off as wooing. He blushed. "U-Uh, not that I'm trying to brag or anything, j-just figured I'd bring up some conversation and whatnot, try and break the ice a little... heh heh... I'm sorry, just trying to lighten the mood a little. You're probably still a bit shaken up, I-I'll be quiet now...

Claire followed Evan back to the room, his chatting helping as they made their way over. She gave a small smile to his story, though little of it made sense, and a quiet "No, you're fine" to his apology as they headed the rest of the way on silence. She glanced back in the direction of her grandpa's room, but couldn't see anything useful in the dark. Her eyes watered up again as fear returned.

Why are the lights not back on?

She ducked her head a bit at the introduction. "Sorry, I didn't mean to be freak anyone out," she apologized shamefully.

They had stopped in the doorway, but everyone was standing here right now, it seemed. She quietly made her way over to the other side of the room next to the window, to get out of everyone else's way. She felt more like a burden right now more than anything else, but she was grateful for a more secure place to stay. Less likely to be found and kicked out.

She should be going soon though, her parent would start to notice her absence. And she had lots of homework to do. Why as it taking so long for the power to come back on? Maybe she should text her parents. They never worry, but at least to let them know...

"Well, hey. And, well, phones are down for now. No signal, no wi-fi, no nothin'. I'm getting a little antsy, not hearing anything, so i was gonna go out an investigate. Mind tagging along, actually? Rockie really doesn't want me out there alone." Though he was sure he would be fine, he had to admit there was safety in numbers..

Wait, what?!?! Phones are down too?
Claire's blood ran chill at the thought of that. She didn't know why, but something felt very, very wrong.

Oh, calm down!
She sternly told herself. She was obviously overreacting. If the power outage was big enough, the radio and cell towers would be down too. That's normal. This must just be bigger than she thought.

She glanced out the window, thinking she saw something move out of the corner of her eye... She moved closer to the window to get a clear view of the outside.

Last edited:
Patrick chortled loudly "Yeah I've got a few screw loose but I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it." he grinned "Also you really need to learn that no matter how quiet you speak I'm like two feet away from you in a dark and dead silent hallway"

I'm sorry, just trying to lighten the mood a little. You're probably still a bit shaken up, I-I'll be quiet now...
"No, Please continue" The hooded boy said with a smirk "I mean I know that wasn't directed at me, The conversation wasn't for my ears and I can't say this without sounding cheery and sarcastic but I'd love to hear about your rich and exciting backstory" Panic suddenly appeared on his face "Shit, that sounded waaay more sarcastic than I intended and now that I think about it, you'd probably just keep quiet now just to deprive me of that one request and- Oh look the door's is here"

Hey guys. Numbnuts and I found who was screamin' outside. This is Claire,
"Numbnuts... Numbnuts" Patrick said the word repeatedly as if tasting it "I like it... Well not really It's unoriginal and if you wanted to be creative you might have gone with the Starfish from SpongeBob if he was on ABC or Patrick wad or Patrick the dick wad or just Dick since you know Patrick then Rick then Dick it would have worked great but I wear all my title with honor"

She sternly told herself. She was obviously overreacting. If the power outage was big enough, the radio and cell towers would be down too. That's normal. This must just be bigger than she thought.

She glanced out the window, thinking she saw something move out of the corner of her eye... She moved closer to the window to get a clear view of the outside.
Patrick followed Claire near the window "I'm here by the way just so you don't freak out when I speak" he stood with arms crossed and leaned on the wall while giving himself a view of the night sky "How you holding up?" he said solemnly "Haven't actually asked you that have I?...... I mean I know Evan's asked you but in a situation like this mentalities change minutely"

"Yeah I've got a few screw loose but I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it." he grinned "Also you really need to learn that no matter how quiet you speak I'm like two feet away from you in a dark and dead silent hallway"

Evan kept his attention on Claire, but in his mind he was telling himself: We're almost there, we're almost there, don't freak out, just ignore him, ignore him, it's almost over...

No, Please continue" The hooded boy said with a smirk "I mean I know that wasn't directed at me, The conversation wasn't for my ears and I can't say this without sounding cheery and sarcastic but I'd love to hear about your rich and exciting backstory" Panic suddenly appeared on his face "Shit, that sounded waaay more sarcastic than I intended and now that I think about it, you'd probably just keep quiet now just to deprive me of that one request and- Oh look the door's is here"

Note to self: next time you make one of these expeditions, go alone... okay, well, not alone, but just not with someone who will push your stinkin' buttons like it's an episode of Dexter's Lab...

"Ah, don't worry yourself. Just chill out here and we'll go from there."

"Well, hey. And, well, phones are down for now. No signal, no wi-fi, no nothin'. I'm getting a little antsy, not hearing anything, so i was gonna go out an investigate. Mind tagging along, actually? Rockie really doesn't want me out there alone."

"Well, I already managed to come back alive after one trip, so another one wouldn't hurt, right?" Evan chuckled, trying to take his mind off things.

"Numbnuts... Numbnuts" Patrick said the word repeatedly as if tasting it "I like it... Well not really It's unoriginal and if you wanted to be creative you might have gone with the Starfish from SpongeBob if he was on ABC or Patrick wad or Patrick the dick wad or just Dick since you know Patrick then Rick then Dick it would have worked great"

Okay, that's it.

Evan only then realized that his impatience for Patrick had slipped out completely unfiltered with that off-hand name he had called him. But at that point, he had rejected the notion of holding his tongue. "Arris, hold that thought. Patrick, come here for a sec, pal..." He went over to Patrick and pulled him aside to a spot against the wall away from everyone, trying his best to handle the situation with a sense of rationality given the circumstances.

"First off, hate to tell you this, but none of those names are that creative either. Just sayin'..." He said, taking a moment to adjust his glasses and remind himself not to let his temper get the best of him. "Second off, I know I've made it abundantly clear by now that I'm getting a bit aggravated by you... and you know what, I'm sorry for the way I handled it before. That was wrong of me and I should have been more calm about it like I'm attempting to do now."

"But here's the thing: I would really, really, really appreciate it if you did me and everybody a favor and just sort of, you know, simmer down a bit, maybe not try and actively get under people's skin right now," Evan quickly stopped himself but then picked up back again, "A-And I know what you're thinking, 'Oh, I'm not trying to make people mad, I'm just speaking my mind', and I totally get that. Heck, far be it from me to tell somebody not to try and find a positive or even humorous note in everything, just ask the others, it's pretty much my M.O."

"Even so, what you have to realize that when you do these things, not every time is going to be the right time, you know what I mean? Even I try to show a little restraint and have some tact because at the end of the day, you can't just bebop your way through life and expect everybody to take it the same way you do." Evan then took a step back. "Look, I'm not trying to be your dad or anything, just keep it mind, alright?" He said, finally putting the situation at bay for himself and walking away.

Evan then walked back over to Arris. "Okay, I'm with you. After that little sermon, I think I just need some more time to clear my head and get some air anyway."

Evan then walked back over to Arris. "Okay, I'm with you. After that little sermon, I think I just need some more time to clear my head and get some air anyway."
"Right." His feet already tapping away at the tiles with his gate. As soon as he was beyond the door and Evan had walked put, he turned to him. "I didn't know you could be so eloquent with your wording." He said plainly. "Well worded." He starts walking towards the west exit of the wing. "We're trying to find anyone who might know anything. Keep your eyes open." He slides the tray under his arm and keeps walking.

"First off, hate to tell you this, but none of those names are that creative either. Just sayin'..."
Patrick chuckled.
"Second off, I know I've made it abundantly clear by now that I'm getting a bit aggravated by you... and you know what, I'm sorry for the way I handled it before. That was wrong of me and I should have been more calm about it like I'm attempting to do now."
"I Appreciate it by the way" he gave a wide smile
"A-And I know what you're thinking, 'Oh, I'm not trying to make people mad, I'm just speaking my mind', and I totally get that. Heck, far be it from me to tell somebody not to try and find a positive or even humorous note in everything, just ask the others, it's pretty much my M.O."
"Nope Realized fully that this was annoying you"
"Even so, what you have to realize that when you do these things, not every time is going to be the right time, you know what I mean? Even I try to show a little restraint and have some tact because at the end of the day, you can't just bebop your way through life and expect everybody to take it the same way you do."
"Gonna have to disagree I've been bepbopping my way through life and it's been great" he laughed "Probably just me throwing a tantrum at people accusing me of random things especially when I've grown up being blamed for a lot of things because of this vibe I give off" Patrick wasn't even breaking from his grin and cheery tone "Coupled with the fact Literally every instinct in my body is telling me something's wrong and I should run Now but I have to keep reminding myself i'm not in-...." He caught himself with a look of confusion and sadness which lasted for a second too long before he abruptly smiled and continued "Dat Iss all gud in da hood. I'll try to keep things down but I can't really make any promises"
"Look, I'm not trying to be your dad or anything, just keep it mind, alright?"
Patrick wanted to laugh so much at that statement. The hilarity of his own actual father flooding back to his head filling him with laughter and amusement. Instead of laughing loudly the grinning boy just suppressed a loud snigger as he stood in the corner and watched Evan leave.

Patrick just walked back to where he was standing next to Claire before but now he had his usual goofy grin instead of the solemn face he wore when he'd started talking. He caught himself once he'd realized the face he was making then raised his eyes thinking the best way to look concerned "Sorry about that" he said quietly "So like I was saying too many variabl- Too many things are happening and I just wanted to know if you were ok?" he waited for a moment trying to find what to say next "There anything you need? If you're hungry there's still some cake left" his smile now much more somber and muted than it way before.

"Right." His feet already tapping away at the tiles with his gate. As soon as he was beyond the door and Evan had walked put, he turned to him. "I didn't know you could be so eloquent with your wording." He said plainly. "Well worded."

"Thanks. I'm just hoping that he actually keeps them in mind. Though he did tell me he would, I guess we'll have to see by the time we get back and if everybody hasn't stuffed him in the broom closet by then," Evan said with a exasperated but still humorous tone.

He starts walking towards the west exit of the wing. "We're trying to find anyone who might know anything. Keep your eyes open." He slides the tray under his arm and keeps walking.

"Right, gotcha," He turned the flashlight back on his phone and illuminated the ground below them. "Let's get moving."

"Thanks. I'm just hoping that he actually keeps them in mind. Though he did tell me he would, I guess we'll have to see by the time we get back and if everybody hasn't stuffed him in the broom closet by then," Evan said with a exasperated but still humorous tone.

"Right, gotcha," He turned the flashlight back on his phone and illuminated the ground below them. "Let's get moving."
Arris' steps were quick and light, his sneakers barely making a sound on the tile as he flashed his phone light around, looking for any sort of staff first. He had doubts the oyher patients had any sort of knowledge. In no time, him and Evan reached the first door to the next wing, no sign of anyone useful yet.

"Evan, you notice anything yet?"

Last edited:
While the view out the window was dark due to the lack of power, the faint moonlight would allow onlookers such as Claire to barely make out a few figures walking outside the hospital, mostly sticking to the shadows closer to the building itself. They seemed to be wearing mostly black, making them difficult to see, though there appeared to be some red patterns on their clothes as well. They simply walked around, loitering outside the building.

While Claire and Patrick spoke, Alice continued to comfort Sora. "Hey, you doing okay?" she whispered into the girl's ear. Her voice was still shaky, but she wanted to check in on her friend. Alice figured that years of horror movie expertise would help in this situation, but she was still terrified. All she could do was try to help Sora calm down and hope that it really was just taking a while to restore power.

Arris and Evan would find that their floor seemed practically empty. The rooms they passed by either empty or were only housing patients. The hospital was nearly lifeless in its current condition. However, the silent air of the hospital was shattered by a piercing scream of agony. It seemed to come from the next floor down, but it still rang out loud enough to be heard. Just as suddenly as the scream began, it stopped, and the eerie silence drifted in once again...

Back