Side Story No Honor Among Thieves

"This is Golbat, a Pokémon." She answered simply as Golbat rested on her shoulders.

"Skree!" The bat Pokémon hissed as it flapped it's wings.

"Where I'm from, they're used for all kinds of things; like fighting, farming, transport, and whatnot." She added, placing a hand on her hip as she explained.

"Golbat, and my other Pokémon Sandalit, I use them to protect myself mostly." She shrugged.

YW6E3NK.jpg

"So, they're special pets?" Scourge bluntly replies despite listening to her explanation, "Huh, guess that's how your world's all fancy and junk before Rofatass fucked it all up." The speedster shrugs his shoulders, "Though, it sounded weak if you guy relied on squirts like these."

@Jeremi @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @ThirdFloor

"..."

Vergil was hardly fazed by the Matador's manner of word. It was rare that anyone would be bold as to speak so assertively to him, but Vergil found it drolly amusing. He could tell the figure had no immediate intention to do battle, but rather a warning, a promise that such a day may come, and that day might come faster than the half-demon may expect. No matter. Vergil welcomed a challenge; if he wasn't strong enough to prove himself in battle, he did not deserve to attain any greater power that he otherwise sought.

Either that all, at least, or simply a wish to see what he was capable of against their mutual foes on the field. It mattered little to Vergil in the end either way.

So, in the face of the Matador, Vergil have the closest approximation he could to a wry smile, his ever stony expression curling just slightly to convey a look of muted amusement.

"Perhaps you will get your chance sooner than later. However, take care that the monkey's paw does not curl out of your favor," the young man simply said, before turning away with that, content to wait until they'd arrive to their destination if that was all.

@Jeremi @SecondFloor

Arriving at the third floor, Mars decided to let the rest of her Pokemon out of their balls, sending out her Crobat and Bronzong. She may have that "high & mighty" facade here and there, but she had the decency to look after her companion Pokemon.

❝ Yeah, things weren't really 100% back when everything wasn't all messed up, but it was still something. Just sucks that this all happened before stuff could get better. I swear... ❞ Mars butted in, catching a bit of the conversation between Plumeria and Scourge. As she was talking, she held out some poffins for Purugly and Crobat to eat, only then realizing that Bronzong already wandered off.

Her Bronzong would levitate precariously near the laughing bald human, a subtle bell chime signifying its curiosity.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Rwac96 @Chaos Sphere @ThirdFloor

YW6E3NK.jpg

"So, they're special pets?" Scourge bluntly replies despite listening to her explanation, "Huh, guess that's how your world's all fancy and junk before Rofatass fucked it all up." The speedster shrugs his shoulders, "Though, it sounded weak if you guy relied on squirts like these."

@Jeremi @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @ThirdFloor

"Skree!" Golbat hissed, as if offended. Plumeria raised a brow at the green hedgehog.

"There's some Pokémon that can cause mass destruction if they wanted. Wild Pokémon alone are bound to jump out at you if you're not careful." She answered with a nonchalant shrug.

Taking her other Ultraball off her belt with a click and a pop!, her Sandalit would be beside her.

The dual type took a quick glance around before eyeing what food was left on the tables before going to try and snatch some for herself.

Arriving at the third floor, Mars decided to let the rest of her Pokemon out of their balls, sending out her Crobat and Bronzong. She may have that "high & mighty" facade here and there, but she had the decency to look after her companion Pokemon.

❝ Yeah, things weren't really 100% back when everything wasn't all messed up, but it was still something. Just sucks that this all happened before stuff could get better. I swear... ❞ Mars butted in, catching a bit of the conversation between Plumeria and Scourge. As she was talking, she held out some poffins for Purugly and Crobat to eat, only then realizing that Bronzong already wandered off.

Her Bronzong would levitate precariously near the laughing bald human, a subtle bell chime signifying its curiosity.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Rwac96 @Chaos Sphere @ThirdFloor

"Yeah, it's one thing to just go about your usual business then ending up separated from people you know." She huffed out a sigh.

@Jeremi @Rwac96 @Gummi Bunnies

Skree!" Golbat hissed, as if offended. Plumeria raised a brow at the green hedgehog.

"There's some Pokémon that can cause mass destruction if they wanted. Wild Pokémon alone are bound to jump out at you if you're not careful." She answered with a nonchalant shrug.

Taking her other Ultraball off her belt with a click and a pop!, her Sandalit would be beside her.

The dual type took a quick glance around before eyeing what food was left on the tables before going to try and snatch some for herself.

View attachment 11167

Scourge chuckles at the Golbat's offended screech as if he found it amusing, letting out a small sigh. "I can imagine Doc Botnik takin' those things for Robotizin'," the green-furred speedster says with a light shrug. "Just like this partnership thing he has with that Weirdly dipshit and the whole fuckin' up our dimensions. I mean, I would've gone after some kick-ass power like that myself."

Rolling his cobalt eyes at Mars' demeanor, remembering the high & mighty attitude from one of his exes, Alicia Acorn. His gaze focused on her Pokemon, Purugly, and Crobat for the moment. Then, his focus returned to their owner as he gives her a cocky, sharp-toothed grin.

View attachment 11168

"Yeesh, Miss Uptight," he snickers at the girl, "learn to roll with the punches. I mean, I'm an escapee from prison and you don't hear me complainin'. My world sucks from the get-go, and we pretty much agreed to this...alliance with King Wide-Ass."

@Jeremi @Chaos Sphere @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @ThirdFloor

Dark Meta Knight had a reasonably low expectation for what was supposed to be a floor for entertainment, but what he ended up witnessing felt indescribably horrible. None of the 'food' seemed remotely edible for him and he noticed the apparent misery of the Koopas as they were presented with meals that he believed would probably hurt on physical contact, but the badly played music alone felt like its own abomination. Despite being overwhelmed by the rather dis-entertaining sight, he noticed that a big bald fellow appeared to be having a surprisingly large amount of fun, standing out brightly in the melancholic cacophony of sad turtles and off-tune guitar strings. Having cleared himself of the initial astonishment, which had him frozen for long enough to not notice the nearby conversation, he made the decision to approach him to find out the reason for his relative merry-making.

As he made his way towards the man's table, he noticed a large bell-shaped creature float its way to the same destination and tried to catch up to it, using his bat-like wings to give him short bursts of speed to silently dash along the floor.

@Jeremi @Rwac96 @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @ThirdFloor

"I think you know," Matador spoke as Vergil walked away from him. "That there is something far darker looming in the horizon." He didn't seek to do anything else and continued to standing in his corner. Not moving.

@Ver @Second floor

Bronzong quickly found itself unwanted as the bald man started to shoo it off. "Get the fuck away from my face! I'm tryin' to eat here!" As he said that he spotted Dark Meta Knight coming his way. "If I ain't mistaken. You're probably the fresh meat that Bowser picked up aren't ya?" That cocky grin on his face returned as he got out from his chair.

"The name's Sundowner. So...how much money did that overgrown turtle pay ya?"​

@Chaos Sphere @Rwac96 @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @ThirdFloor

@Lucky @Yun Lee @Sark @Gummi Bunnies

Bronzong quickly found itself unwanted as the bald man started to shoo it off. "Get the fuck away from my face! I'm tryin' to eat here!" As he said that he spotted Dark Meta Knight coming his way. "If I ain't mistaken. You're probably the fresh meat that Bowser picked up aren't ya?" That cocky grin on his face returned as he got out from his chair.

The villainous speedster eyed the human cyborg, knowing right away that he wasn't one of Robotnik's or any of the Legionized overlanders he heard from his Destructix during his time in the No-Zone. He appears cocky, similar to how the green-furred Moebian is; snickering when he's referred to as 'fresh meat.' Then, his red sunglasses drops down from his forehead as the mention of payment left his lips.

Dqvn28o.jpg

"Pay?!" Scourge the Hedgehog blurts out in confusion, "That wide ass never mentioned anything about any payment, ya metal freak!" The evil doppelganger of Sonic barks, "Hell, I decided to go with these randos for payback against Doc Fat Ass, get the Emeralds, and get payback against Sonic...if I can find the fucker."

"Indeed, I am one of them if going by part of the definition. I have not received any sort of compensation so far, but I heard that once this alleged energy source is taken, its power would be divided equally. Assuming that it is true, I do not mind making the best use of my share. You can call me Meta Knight." The Meta Knight imposter responded formally and confidently to Sundowner's inquiry, glancing at the floating bell that was at the receiving end of his swearing a second ago.
Although the proud-looking cyborg seemed quite mechanical in appearance, he did not seem to share similarities with the mindless machines commandeered by the so-called Eggman-Wily Coalition.

When the green speedster butted into the scene, he turned to listen to his rather spontaneous rant about the current lack of payment.

"Pay?!" Scourge the Hedgehog blurts out in confusion, "That wide ass never mentioned anything about any payment, ya metal freak!" The evil doppelganger of Sonic barks, "Hell, I decided to go with these randos for payback against Doc Fat Ass, get the Emeralds, and get payback against Sonic...if I can find the fucker."

"We all have our motives in this collective scheme. I wouldn't be here if I didn't have my own reasons to participate in strolling into enemy territory, though I do think we deserve just payment beyond mere promises if whatever that thing ended up being less than worth it," he spoke in relative calm, though with a barely noticeable degree of doubt-induced shade in his own words.

Sundowner snorted at Scourge. "Guess you're not a business man like me then." He then turned his attention back towards DMK. "I'm in the business of war and little round fella. In this world business is boomin'! The overgrown turtle doesn't have much in the head for brains but he knows talent when he sees it. He also understands that if you want power, you have to fight, and that's where I come in. You could say I'm a bit of a...consultant and general for these poor saps." He motioned to some of the Koopa soldiers in vicinity. "Not much in skill but...they're eager."

@Chaos Sphere @Rwac96 @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @ThirdFloor

Sundowner snorted at Scourge. "Guess you're not a business man like me then." He then turned his attention back towards DMK. "I'm in the business of war and little round fella. In this world business is boomin'! The overgrown turtle doesn't have much in the head for brains but he knows talent when he sees it. He also understands that if you want power, you have to fight, and that's where I come in. You could say I'm a bit of a...consultant and general for these poor saps." He motioned to some of the Koopa soldiers in vicinity. "Not much in skill but...they're eager."

The speedster snorts in return at Sundowner at him not being 'business like' and how he referred to the war as a business. "Pal," Scourge begins to speak, adjusting his red sunglasses. "war is something that's a helluva lot better than a stagnating peace," he says, not filled with arrogance but with experience; despite his age. "I mean, it gives people the excuse to kill anybody, whether their country is a shithole regardless." The hedgehog shrugs his shoulders, "Me? I can say this whole mess with RoFatAss and this mustache weirdo gave me...insight into the worlds that got mushed together."

"Hmm... I am not one who is inclined towards doing war of sorts, though I don't mind participating in such activities. Whatever benefits me or puts the enemy at a disadvantage is always worth considering." Glancing at the Koopa soldiers, he then added, "I do think that the willingness to fight to the death is the bare minimum requirement for a warrior. The big turtle king's gut and his choice of followers might have been helping him stay in a regal position, other than his tyrannical might of course."

Sundowner laughed at Scourges reply. "This guy gets it! That's exactly how it is, and guys like me get to have a fun time doing what we do best! Why I-" Before the bald mercenary could say anything more an alarm started to blare around the entire ship as Bowser's voice boomed over the intercom.

"Every runt to battle station! We're being attacked!" And as he said that the entire ship was rocked by something hitting the side of the ship.

Chapter 2 - Push them back

The koopa soldiers were running around in a panic trying to get where they needed to be. Sundowner gave the group a cheeky grin as he got out of his seat. "Sounds like shit's going down. Y'all have fun now." With that he headed off as well.

The ones on the second floor could suddenly feel something attaching itself to the hull and slicing it open.

From the newly created hole emerged a crustacean like monstrosity that seemed ready to attack the moment it stepped through.

Cast list:
@Lucky as Agent Stone
@Yun Lee as Cloe Walsh
@Chaos Sphere as Dark Meta Knight
@Sark as Giovanni
@Gummi Bunnies as Mars
@Takumi as Plumeria
@Rwac96 as Scourge the Hedgehog
@Ver as Vergil​

Chapter 2:
"The Thrill of a Fight"

Scourge was enjoying himself, even if this was a trip over enemy lines and a temporary alliance. But, the cyborg, Sundowner, had given him a reminder of sorts: The green hedgehog always loved a fight, whether it was against Sonic or anyone who stood in his way. Then, his ear twitches, making the speedster blink for the moment until he heard an announcement over the intercom.

"Every runt to battle station! We're being attacked!" And as he said that the entire ship was rocked by something hitting the side of the ship.

"SHIT!" The villainous double of Sonic nearly fell as the entire ship quaked, something had hit the very side of the vessel. Scourge adjusts his red sunglasses as the Koopas ran around in a panic, hearing the cyborg's words. "Ain't that so~?" A sharp-toothed grin spread across his muzzle, clenching his hands into fists.

MWjC7Nk.jpg

"Looks like I get to have some fun after all," the green-furred Moebian says with a chuckle, as he cracked his knuckles and do some quick stretches; preparing himself for battle.

2nd Chapter - The Blade is Drawn

Dark Meta Knight enjoyed the conversation while it lasted, having listened to every word with curiosity until a blare of the alarms snapped him into full attention.

Just as the announcement finished in the midst of the violent impact-induced sway of the ship, the armored swordsman did not hesitate to launch himself to the air and soar straight towards the exit of the room, trying to recall as much as possible from the maps that he had viewed before he fully exits the area into the third-floor corridors.

Once he landed on the corridor floors, he took a sharp dashing turn and made a winged-boosted sprint to the path that he recalled would lead back to the second floor. Although his movements demonstrated a degree of urgency, his spontaneous burst of speed is primarily motivated by merely wanting to execute a bladed sucker-punch on whatever is attempting the onboard attack.

@Jeremi @Rwac96 @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Everyone

Last edited:
Chapter 2- Agent Stone- Heart of Stone

Stone had been quiet for the most part as he didn't have anything to contribute to the conversation and then he saw they were being attacked. He would pull a gun out of his pocket and shot at the man. " Of course, there are monsters on this path. It's almost like this might have been a trap. Who would have thought that?"

@Jeremi @Rwac96 @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Chaos Sphere @Everyone

Performing the final stretches, the green Moebian proceeds to take a running sprint; leaving in a blur and leaving a gust of wind behind. His blue eyes shift behind his red sunglasses as he moves down to the second floor where Dark Meta Knight was attacking one of the invading crustacean-like creatures. He chuckles as he curls up into a ball, revving up a Spin Dash. Then, he unleashes himself towards one of the attackers, knocking it off of its feet.

Scourge hollers in excitement, uncurling and delivering a swift knife-kick to the top of another invader's head. His blood was pumping, as he before these beings attacked; he was walking, talking, and waiting. But no more of that, evident by the villain's excited laughter as he lands on the ground and runs around the second floor.

View attachment 11216

"Want a piece of me, Crab Freaks?" The speedster taunts them, as he rolls into a ball once more; speeding himself towards another of the invaders and pushing it against the wall. Bouncing off of the humanoid, The Moebian uncurls once more and lands on his feet. "Where are the rest?" Scourge inquires about the group who were on the ship.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Chaos Sphere @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Ver @Everyone

Sundowner laughed at Scourges reply. "This guy gets it! That's exactly how it is, and guys like me get to have a fun time doing what we do best! Why I-" Before the bald mercenary could say anything more an alarm started to blare around the entire ship as Bowser's voice boomed over the intercom.

Chapter 2 - Push them back

The koopa soldiers were running around in a panic trying to get where they needed to be. Sundowner gave the group a cheeky grin as he got out of his seat. "Sounds like shit's going down. Y'all have fun now." With that he headed off as well.

The ones on the second floor could suddenly feel something attaching itself to the hull and slicing it open.

From the newly created hole emerged a crustacean like monstrosity that seemed ready to attack the moment it stepped through.

Cast list:
@Lucky as Agent Stone
@Yun Lee as Cloe Walsh
@Chaos Sphere as Dark Meta Knight
@Sark as Giovanni
@Gummi Bunnies as Mars
@Takumi as Plumeria
@Rwac96 as Scourge the Hedgehog
@Ver as Vergil​

Nearly falling over once something hit the side of the ship, Plumeria regained her balance before bringing two fingers to her mouth and whistling.

"Salandit, let's go." She called, and once the fire type was at her side again did she leave the recreational room.

"Golbat, Salandit, you know what to do!" Was the only verbal warning Plumeria gave as she arrived on the scene with her two companions in tow.

Any of the crustacean like entities that tried to board the ship, whether the likes of Dark Meta Knight or Scourge ended up being successful in their attacks, would be met with a Wing Attack from Golbat and purple flames from Salandit's Dragon Rage shortly afterwards in response.

Plumeria herself had tried to keep some distance from the humanoid crustaceans, but stay within her Pokémon's range incase she needed to return them to their Pokeballs at any point in time.

@Jeremi @Rwac96 @Gummi Bunnies @Chaos Sphere @Lucky @Ver @Everyone

The enemies attacking, while looking intimidating, seemed to have a hard time against the group attacking them. Any attempt to speak to them was responded by some very angry sounding clicks and hisses. For the moment the attack on the second floor had subsided for a moment.

As this was going on another salvo caused the ship to rock again.

"They're coming in from above and bellow in the engine room!" Bowser roared over the speakers. "Someone do something before they blow us out of the sky!" To this Matador started to calmly make his way up towards the flight deck of the ship. Seemingly to stop the attackers dead in their tracks.

@Ver @Chaos Sphere @Rwac96 @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Sark

The hedgehog thought that talking with these creatures might persuade them to join their cause, only to learn that they simply chitter, click and hiss. Cobalt blue eyes behind the pair of red sunglasses shift around, as Scourge charges towards a trio of charging attackers. Once more curling up into a ball, the Moebian performs a swift Spin Attack; bouncing off of one head onto the next until each of them were on the floor.

"Well, guess talkin' with these shits ain't an option," the Green Blur comments when he heard the Koopa King's voice from the intercom.

"They're coming in from above and bellow in the engine room!" Bowser roared over the speakers. "Someone do something before they blow us out of the sky!"

ekyvuH1.jpg

"Well, shit." The green hedgehog sighs, realizing the reason why the ship was shaking. "We gotta split up! Haul some ass, you fuckin' slowpoke!" Taking notice of Matador calmly walking up to the flight deck, Scourge proceeds to make a quick sprint towards the Flight Deck. As he runs, he quickly dispatches any of the attackers in his path; knocking them down or pushing them through the wooden walls. "OUTTA MY WAY!"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Chaos Sphere @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Ver @Everyone

Back