Non-Canon On a Cold Neverwinter Day IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryze
@Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hahli Nuva @Minerva @Archmage Jeremiah @PlagueTowerTeam
proxy.php

The mage winced as the loud screams invaded his ears, but he ignored it, keeping his mission in mind. Those people were already as good as dead; all he did was put them out of their misery.

Ryze nodded at the commander, motioning for his allies to follow his lead as he ran ahead.​

Lucina let Falchion free from her scabbard and cut down two husks with one swing.

The holy metal cleaved through the cursed flesh cleanly and dispelled the dark aura surrounding the corpse. The Princess of Ylisse cut down three more creatures with three swift blows before she heard Knox yell at them to move on.

One of her allies was already making his way to the tower doors. Lucina didn't want to leave the man and his soldiers to face these beasts alone, but she also knew they could't let the wizad use his dark magic any longer. It was times like these that Lucina was grateful for her mask. It hid the pained look in her eyes as she turned away to steel herself for the coming fight and enter the tower.

@Minerva @Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Archmage Jeremiah @Plauge Tower Team

Last edited:

The two guards looked incredibly confused for a moment. "I..." He shut his mouth and bit the inside of his lip. "Go on ahead, I guess."

The other one narrowed his eyes. "Alright, fine, whatever." He finally conceded. "Just... go on ahead."

@HallofJustice

The explosion knocked several spear men back. The paladin would hold her stance. Groups of enemies, some of which were on fire, would make leaps off of the now ruined siege tower and fall to the ground. Several of the bone creatures from earlier would fall off as well. Suddenly, a claw appeared on the edge and two creatures would crawl up.

alpha-gamboa-bone-dragon.jpg

@Western Watchtower

Wendy would be directed by a soldier to one of three places:The Gate, the Western Watchtower, or the Eastern Watchtower.

The soldiers, and Sabine herself, would lunge towards the giant. It seemed startled at the humans attacking it, and started manically swinging again. To no avail, it was knocked on the ground.

The other one would pick up its sword in an attempt to bring it down onto Clarisse.

A distant roar could be heard, and then Sabine could be heard muttering. "By Mystra, no..."

@Gate​
Three places, all in the need of aid, but even as an Aspect, Taric was only one man. He couldn't go everywhere, but he was truly grateful for his fellow wanderers for lending their hand to the Gate and Western Tower. But there was one place left undefended, and that was where Taric would defend first and foremost. He had said there would be no more losses, and he meant it. So, the Eastern Tower was where he would go.

@Minerva
Taric wouldn't be alone, for Arslan would just happen to follow him to the Eastern Tower.

"I might not be much help, but I'll help all I can." He spoke up, blade already drawn. He wouldn't let all of Vahriz's training go to waste, and he certainly wouldn't stand by as people were slaughtered needlessly!

@Minerva @Yun Lee @EastTower @Others

Following the soldier, the young girl would notice a couple of people going towards the east. They seemed to be... determined, to say the least. Looking at the guard, she spoke, almost a bit too loudly. "Look! There are two of them going towards a spot in the east!" She said, pointing at Taric and Arslan. "Maybe I should go with them, to try and help?" She exclaimed, though she didn't wait for an answer, as she called out to the two traveling people. "Pardon me! Do you need any help or anything???" She called out to them

@Takumi @Yun Lee @Minerva Eastern Tower

The soldiers, and Sabine herself, would lunge towards the giant. It seemed startled at the humans attacking it, and started manically swinging again. To no avail, it was knocked on the ground.

The other one would pick up its sword in an attempt to bring it down onto Clarisse.

A distant roar could be heard, and then Sabine could be heard muttering. "By Mystra, no..."

@Gate​

A breathe of adrenaline combined with the boost from Radioactive mode unlocked a small fraction of Clarisse's true power for that brief period of time. She singlehanded grasped both sides of the sluggish sword as it began to disintegrate into nothing, not even dust, blunting and hollowing it as it started to fall apart.

Deactivating Radioactive Mode, Clarisse would follow this up with one of her standard explosions in her assailant's face!

@Minerva @Gate​

Merlin silently only played along before going on ahead with the group. There could've been quite the pickle if Fjord didn't come along and make up a cover story for them all.

❝ Yes yes, it was certainly fortunate that we were able to slip by without any conflict. Let us make haste before we are to be exposed for who we really are. ❞ The mage comments in a low voice after they've made some distance from the pair of guards earlier.

@Minerva @York @Jeremi @Lucky
@HallOfJustice

Three places, all in the need of aid, but even as an Aspect, Taric was only one man. He couldn't go everywhere, but he was truly grateful for his fellow wanderers for lending their hand to the Gate and Western Tower. But there was one place left undefended, and that was where Taric would defend first and foremost. He had said there would be no more losses, and he meant it. So, the Eastern Tower was where he would go.

@Minerva
Taric wouldn't be alone, for Arslan would just happen to follow him to the Eastern Tower.

"I might not be much help, but I'll help all I can." He spoke up, blade already drawn. He wouldn't let all of Vahriz's training go to waste, and he certainly wouldn't stand by as people were slaughtered needlessly!

@Minerva @Yun Lee @EastTower @Others
Following the soldier, the young girl would notice a couple of people going towards the east. They seemed to be... determined, to say the least. Looking at the guard, she spoke, almost a bit too loudly. "Look! There are two of them going towards a spot in the east!" She said, pointing at Taric and Arslan. "Maybe I should go with them, to try and help?" She exclaimed, though she didn't wait for an answer, as she called out to the two traveling people. "Pardon me! Do you need any help or anything???" She called out to them

@Takumi @Yun Lee @Minerva Eastern Tower

They would find a depressed soldier sitting on the battlement. His sword was across his lap and his voice was soft. "There's no point..." He said in his calm voice. "We're doomed anyway..." In his other hand, he held a burning torch. “If we beat them back, then how long do we have before they return? A day? An hour?” His voice wavered. He looked up. “You all... are not from here, are you? You still have a sense of hope.” He held out the torch. “Maybe... you all can do what I can’t...” He said. “Take the torch and light the Eastern bonfire. I’ll be here... praying for your souls.”

Looking around at other living soldiers visible in the limited, smoky light, it would appear that morale was being lost heavily, and they slowly were stopping fighting.

Fjord

Fjord was kind of surprised that it worked, but he wasn't going to do anything to put the mission in a state of making it become harder for them.
He gestured for the others to follow him and he looked over at them and also was up ahead, waiting to get out of range of the Nashers " I'm honestly surprised that worked," he lowly told the group.

@Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @York @Jeremi @Hall of Justice
Merlin silently only played along before going on ahead with the group. There could've been quite the pickle if Fjord didn't come along and make up a cover story for them all.

❝ Yes yes, it was certainly fortunate that we were able to slip by without any conflict. Let us make haste before we are to be exposed for who we really are. ❞ The mage comments in a low voice after they've made some distance from the pair of guards earlier.

@HallOfJustice

Going through several more tight tunnels. You finally came out in another cavernous room. This time there were more Nashers, but they seemed to be fighting a group of skeletons clad in Neverwinter armor.

A young red haired woman in a green cloak sat on top of a giant plinth, away from the fighting.

Ryze
@Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hahli Nuva @Minerva @Archmage Jeremiah @PlagueTowerTeam
proxy.php

The mage winced as the loud screams invaded his ears, but he ignored it, keeping his mission in mind. Those people were already as good as dead; all he did was put them out of their misery.

Ryze nodded at the commander, motioning for his allies to follow his lead as he ran ahead.
Lucina let Falchion free from her scabbard and cut down two husks with one swing.

The holy metal cleaved through the cursed flesh cleanly and dispelled the dark aura surrounding the corpse. The Princess of Ylisse cut down three more creatures with three swift blows before she heard Knox yell at them to move on.

One of her allies was already making his way to the tower doors. Lucina didn't want to leave the man and his soldiers to face these beasts alone, but she also knew they could't let the wizad use his dark magic any longer. It was times like these that Lucina was grateful for her mask. It hid the pained look in her eyes as she turned away to steel herself for the coming fight and enter the tower.

@Minerva @Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Archmage Jeremiah @Plauge Tower Team
Entering the tower itself was no problem. The base of it appeared to be some form of refugee camp, with non-zombified infected sitting and standing around. Several wore bandages, but all had that blue tinge to them or blue flecks on their skin. A large column of power rose in the middle, shooting to the sky. To your right and left we’re two staircases that curved.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Archmage Jeremiah @Ottonomous Ghost @Tower​

The two guards looked up. "Hmm? Otus? We don't know an Otus, sorry." The first one said. "But no, we were told to guard the entrance. Are you all from the Nashers?"

The second one looked at his food. "You aren't Nashers, are you..." He put his hand on his hilt, waiting for an answer.

@York @HallofJustice

The zombies would be struck, keeling over and screaming. Several more would run towards the group and Knox and his guards would raise their weapons.

"Go! To the tower! We'll secure the area!" He shouted.​
"Well that's a shame and uuuh..."

K9DO85u.png

"I don't think we are, sorry."

@Gummi Bunnies @Minerva
@York

The two guards looked incredibly confused for a moment. "I..." He shut his mouth and bit the inside of his lip. "Go on ahead, I guess."

The other one narrowed his eyes. "Alright, fine, whatever." He finally conceded. "Just... go on ahead."

@HallofJustice

The explosion knocked several spear men back. The paladin would hold her stance. Groups of enemies, some of which were on fire, would make leaps off of the now ruined siege tower and fall to the ground. Several of the bone creatures from earlier would fall off as well. Suddenly, a claw appeared on the edge and two creatures would crawl up.

alpha-gamboa-bone-dragon.jpg

@Western Watchtower

Wendy would be directed by a soldier to one of three places:The Gate, the Western Watchtower, or the Eastern Watchtower.

A distant roar could be heard, and then Sabine could be heard muttering. "Mystra, no..."

@Gate​
Fjord

Fjord was kind of surprised that it worked, but he wasn't going to do anything to put the mission in a state of making it become harder for them.
He gestured for the others to follow him and he looked over at them and also was up ahead, waiting to get out of range of the Nashers " I'm honestly surprised that worked," he lowly told the group.

@Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @York @Jeremi @Hall of Justice

@HallOfJustice

They would find a depressed soldier sitting on the battlement. His sword was across his lap and his voice was soft. "There's no point..." He said in his calm voice. "We're doomed anyway..." In his other hand, he held a burning torch. “If we beat them back, then how long do we have before they return? A day? An hour?” His voice wavered. He looked up. “You all... are not from here, are you? You still have a sense of hope.” He held out the torch. “Maybe... you all can do what I can’t...” He said. “Take the torch and light the Eastern bonfire. I’ll be here... praying for your souls.”

Looking around at other living soldiers visible in the limited, smoky light, it would appear that morale was being lost heavily, and they slowly were stopping fighting.

Going through several more tight tunnels. You finally came out in another cavernous room. This time there were more Nashers, but they seemed to be fighting a group of skeletons clad in Neverwinter armor.

A young red haired woman in a green cloak sat on top of a giant plinth, away from the fighting.

Entering the tower itself was no problem. The base of it appeared to be some form of refugee camp, with non-zombified infected sitting and standing around. Several wore bandages, but all had that blue tinge to them or blue flecks on their skin. A large column of power rose in the middle, shooting to the sky. To your right and left we’re two staircases that curved.

Elizia
@Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Lucky
@HallOfJustice

Elizia was poised, prepared for a fight at the drop of a hat. In fact, as soon as the pair revealed themselves as 'Nashers'. She even had somewhat of a 'heroic monologue' thought out just for this moment.

But in the end, someone else in their group acted faster than her, easily passing them off as fellow Nashers. It didn't quite sit right with her, considering her usually less than subtle method of approach.

With a sigh, she shook her head.

"I'll get them next time..." She muttered.

It was a relatively uneventfull trip through some tight tunnels, though she soon caught sight of some more Nashers. These ones however looked occupied for now, and while it was tempting to immediately intervene, the woman in green caught her attention first. Not sure if she was a friend or foe, she was poised to fight if she had to, but for the time being... She greeted her like she would almost anyone while she was adventuring.

"You're not a Nasher too, are you?" She asked.

Getting a closer look at the woman, she couldn't help but be reminded of Ariane, an ex-tower wizard whom she had befriended not too long ago. Although, perhaps a little younger than Ariane, as she was a more seasoned adventurer, someone that started a couple years before she even left Ashdale.​

Where they Nashers? Huh...maybe they were she could have missed a mention of it, Scorpia thought to herself as she waved bye to the two guards.

@HallOfJustice

"Wait we aren't Nashers?"
This was so confusing right now.

Elizia
@HallOfJustice

Elizia was poised, prepared for a fight at the drop of a hat. In fact, as soon as the pair revealed themselves as 'Nashers'. She even had somewhat of a 'heroic monologue' thought out just for this moment.

But in the end, someone else in their group acted faster than her, easily passing them off as fellow Nashers. It didn't quite sit right with her, considering her usually less than subtle method of approach.

It was a relatively uneventfull trip through some tight tunnels, though she soon caught sight of some more Nashers. These ones however looked occupied for now, and while it was tempting to immediately intervene, the woman in green caught her attention first. Not sure if she was a friend or foe, she was poised to fight if she had to, but for the time being... She greeted her like she would almost anyone while she was adventuring.

Getting a closer look at the woman, she couldn't help but be reminded of Ariane, an ex-tower wizard whom she had befriended not too long ago. Although, perhaps a little younger than Ariane, as she was a more seasoned adventurer, someone that started a couple years before she even left Ashdale.​

Scorpia gave up. Nasher or no Nasher she was just going to stand quiet and. "Oh are you guys fighting skeletons. Neat! Can I join?"

@Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @York

Where they Nashers? Huh...maybe they were she could have missed a mention of it, Scorpia thought to herself as she waved bye to the two guards.

Scorpia gave up. Nasher or no Nasher she was just going to stand quiet and. "Oh are you guys fighting skeletons. Neat! Can I join?"

Elizia
@HallOfJustice

Getting a closer look at the woman, she couldn't help but be reminded of Ariane, an ex-tower wizard whom she had befriended not too long ago. Although, perhaps a little younger than Ariane, as she was a more seasoned adventurer, someone that started a couple years before she even left Ashdale.

The Nashers and skeletons would be caught up with each other, and when Scorpia stepped in, she would come under fire from both sides. "FOR ALAGONDAR!" A Nasher shouted as he swung his mace towards her.

Meanwhile, the woman on the statue would sit down and kick her legs back and forth.

giphy.gif

@Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @HallofJustice

A breathe of adrenaline combined with the boost from Radioactive mode unlocked a small fraction of Clarisse's true power for that brief period of time. She singlehanded grasped both sides of the sluggish sword as it began to disintegrate into nothing, not even dust, blunting and hollowing it as it started to fall apart.

Deactivating Radioactive Mode, Clarisse would follow this up with one of her standard explosions in her assailant's face!

@Minerva @Gate

The explosion would blow the skull helmet off of the skeleton. It looked confused for a second before it tried to grab Clarisse to throw her off the side of the wall.

Giving a finally nod to the soldier who had escorted her to the Eastern Tower, Wendy ran swiftly towards the two she called out to. As she had gotten there, she had barely caught the end of what the depressed soldier had said. "I'll be here... Praying for your souls." He had said. That sent a chill down her spine for sure. slowly catching her breath from the run, Wendy takes a moment to think. This isn't like at home." She had thought. "It feels like... I could truly die here in this world."

After a moment, Wendy straightened herself out, and somewhat balled her tiny fist into a ball of determination. "I'm here to help." She said, to no one in particular. "As a Fairy Tail wizard, I'll do my best to help you guys out!"

@Takumi @Yun Lee @Minerva

The Nashers and skeletons would be caught up with each other, and when Scorpia stepped in, she would come under fire from both sides. "FOR ALAGONDAR!" A Nasher shouted as he swung his mace towards her.

Meanwhile, the woman on the statue would sit down and kick her legs back and forth.

giphy.gif

The explosion would blow the skull helmet off of the skeleton. It looked confused for a second before it tried to grab Clarisse to throw her off the side of the wall.

"Hey!" Scorpia clutched the mace in her claw and casually snapped it in half. "I'm a Nasher! I think?" Then she pushed the guard back slightly, though with a bit too much force then she actually planned.

@Minerva @York @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @HallofJustice

Arslan.%28Arslan.Senki%29.full.1926220.jpg

"Whether we're from here or not shouldn't matter! You wield that sword to protect others, do you not? This whole place needs to be protected, so please don't stop fighting!" Arslan spoke heatedly, becoming rather passionate in the moment and, for a moment, looked down at the lit torch. They had to light a bonfire, then? It was a bit odd, but from the looks of it the bonfire might have something to do with everyone's morale.

"Light the Eastern Bonfire...alright." Arslan repeated as he took the torch. "I pray that you find the will to pick up your sword and fight on." He added, before turning to Wendy as she approached, not having heard when she first addressed him and Taric.

Giving a finally nod to the soldier who had escorted her to the Eastern Tower, Wendy ran swiftly towards the two she called out to. As she had gotten there, she had barely caught the end of what the depressed soldier had said. "I'll be here... Praying for your souls." He had said. That sent a chill down her spine for sure. slowly catching her breath from the run, Wendy takes a moment to think. This isn't like at home." She had thought. "It feels like... I could truly die here in this world."

After a moment, Wendy straightened herself out, and somewhat balled her tiny fist into a ball of determination. "I'm here to help." She said, to no one in particular. "As a Fairy Tail wizard, I'll do my best to help you guys out!"

f84e49292a00e7c93fd194ffac02afcb.jpg

"Your help would be greatly appreciated." The prince spoke, glad at the idea of another potential ally.

@Minerva @RyuKeiko @Yun Lee

"Oh."

It seemed that even with Megumin's ever reliable Explosion spell, the display by itself wasn't enough to completely clear out the area, leaving Kazuma to deal with whoever was left. He wasn't much of a stranger to these kinds of spooky monsters, but even so, he hesitated in drawing his sword, wondering if he was even fit to fend them off. After all, how did the leveling system work here?! Was his level reset if he's in another world?! Was it even still possible to level up?!

Even so, he couldn't leave Megumin all to herself after she cast her spell... so really, he could just carry her and leave, but then he couldn't bear to leave behind the blonde woman who was more valiantly carrying on the fight, especially now that he was sure she wasn't Darkness.

Aaaah, dammit! Screw it!

"Good job, Megumin! I'll take it from here, so try not to go anywhere!" Kazuma said, making a small joke out of his latter statement as he drew Chunchunmaru his trusty short sword, deciding to bite the bullet and rush forward, taking on the two creatures and slashing at them! "Take this, you bastards!!"

@Minerva @Kaykay @WesternWatchtower

"Hey!" Scorpia clutched the mace in her claw and casually snapped it in half. "I'm a Nasher! I think?" Then she pushed the guard back slightly, though with a bit too much force then she actually planned.

The Nasher would fall back into the group of Nashers, causing several of them to fall. Meanwhile, the skeletons in Neverwinter armor would continue their assault on both the group and the Nashers, who were now fighting from on the ground.

@York @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies

Arslan.%28Arslan.Senki%29.full.1926220.jpg

"Whether we're from here or not shouldn't matter! You wield that sword to protect others, do you not? This whole place needs to be protected, so please don't stop fighting!" Arslan spoke heatedly, becoming rather passionate in the moment and, for a moment, looked down at the lit torch. They had to light a bonfire, then? It was a bit odd, but from the looks of it the bonfire might have something to do with everyone's morale.

"Light the Eastern Bonfire...alright." Arslan repeated as he took the torch. "I pray that you find the will to pick up your sword and fight on." He added, before turning to Wendy as she approached, not having heard when she first addressed him and Taric.

f84e49292a00e7c93fd194ffac02afcb.jpg

"Your help would be greatly appreciated." The prince spoke, glad at the idea of another potential ally.

@Minerva @RyuKeiko @Yun Lee

The soldier sighed. He put his face in his free hand. "Thank you..." He said to Arslan. He held forward the torch. "It's a long way there..."

"Oh."

It seemed that even with Megumin's ever reliable Explosion spell, the display by itself wasn't enough to completely clear out the area, leaving Kazuma to deal with whoever was left. He wasn't much of a stranger to these kinds of spooky monsters, but even so, he hesitated in drawing his sword, wondering if he was even fit to fend them off. After all, how did the leveling system work here?! Was his level reset if he's in another world?! Was it even still possible to level up?!

Even so, he couldn't leave Megumin all to herself after she cast her spell... so really, he could just carry her and leave, but then he couldn't bear to leave behind the blonde woman who was more valiantly carrying on the fight, especially now that he was sure she wasn't Darkness.

Aaaah, dammit! Screw it!

"Good job, Megumin! I'll take it from here, so try not to go anywhere!" Kazuma said, making a small joke out of his latter statement as he drew Chunchunmaru his trusty short sword, deciding to bite the bullet and rush forward, taking on the two creatures and slashing at them! "Take this, you bastards!!"

@Minerva @Kaykay @WesternWatchtower

His sword would get caught in the throat of one of the bone dragons, who would proceed to thrash its head around, bit it did appear that he had done some damage. Several of the guards and the Paladin

Suddenly, another figure appeared. "I am Aqua! The Goddess who rules water, worshipped by the Religious Order of Axis! Renounce yourself, Lich!" It shouted. And, Aqua would appear in the light of the large roaring fire on top of the tower. "TURN UNDEAD!" She would shout towards the large dragon skeletons.

But the spell failed.

65f7cb47e099312d51565316fa89c84c.JPG

Aqua looked surprised, and then there was a dragon bone tail, knocking her into a stone wall.

@Kaykay @Western Tower

Last edited:
As Ryze trudged into the enemy sorcerer's domain, he became more disgusted, and the look on his face looked the part. Just what were these people all doing here? In any case, he didn't want to let this magic run amuck and potentially cause him trouble later. "Why are you all just standing there? You can leave now," he questioned the infected, pointing toward the entryway. He then turned to Poppy, curious to witness Durand's craft firsthand. "Think you can use that hammer to destroy the source of that magic?"

Last edited:
Well, what a doozy this has turned out to be. It wasn't like he could do much to turn the tide of battle on a whim. But what else could Merlin do? Surely they wouldn't be able to progress their search for Otus by standing around and watching this fight go on.

❝ What to do... what to do... ❞ The mage repeats to himself, tapping the end of his staff on the ground a few times. Something to keep him occupied as he tried to think of something. Magic wouldn't be so great at this time, there were all grouped up in battle, and friendly fire wouldn't be so great when they were trying to pass themselves as Nashers. But that's when an idea hit him.

❝ Ah... it's far faster to swing a sword than to cast magic. ❞ Merlin says as he held out his other hand, casually summoning a grand sword.

Excalibur2.jpg

Seemingly warping himself closer to these skeletons that bore familiar armor, the mage swung the radiant sword at one skeleton.

@York @Lucky @Jeremi @Minerva
@HallOfJustice

While mid-air, Clarisse spun her body like a top to ease the impact, allowing her to gently land her feet on the floor. She panted heavily as she stretches her muscles.

"It's not over... RADIOACTIVE MODE!"

Assuming the glow from before, Clarisse took a big leap, an explosion below hee boosting her jump. Climbing the ledge of the wall, she helped herself back onto it.

"ALPHA DECAY! BETA DECAY!"

She reduced the offensive and defensive power of her prior assailant. After that, she raised a single palm up, a sphere of whitish-golden energy charging up upon it.

TQWdXK2.png

"Sabine! Friends! Focus on the entrance!"

As she panted and her health was sapped away, the sphere served to become larger over time...

"Neutron..."

@Minerva @Gate​

Face down on the ground, Megumin slowly raised her arm to give Kazuma a thumbs up. Yup, she wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

But when she looked up a bit while laying on the ground, Aqua was knocked away. Not that she could really help her. She couldn't even help herself in her current state. So she fell back on the only plan she knew.

"Kazuma, I think it would be best if you swiftly made use of Chunchunmaru to thin out those skeletal dragons' numbers. Ah, and if you have time, it'd be great if you covered me. Aqua's already been attacked, and since I can't move I believe I'm in very imminent danger. I'll leave it to you."

With the implementation of her plan complete, Megumin continued doing what she did best after every Explosion. Absolutely nothing.

@Ver @Minerva

giphy.gif

The Nasher would fall back into the group of Nashers, causing several of them to fall. Meanwhile, the skeletons in Neverwinter armor would continue their assault on both the group and the Nashers, who were now fighting from on the ground.

The soldier sighed. He put his face in his free hand. "Thank you..." He said to Arslan. He held forward the torch. "It's a long way there..."

His sword would get caught in the throat of one of the bone dragons, who would proceed to thrash its head around, bit it did appear that he had done some damage. Several of the guards and the Paladin

Suddenly, another figure appeared. "I am Aqua! The Goddess who rules water, worshipped by the Religious Order of Axis! Renounce yourself, Lich!" It shouted. And, Aqua would appear in the light of the large roaring fire on top of the tower. "TURN UNDEAD!" She would shout towards the large dragon skeletons.

But the spell failed.

Aqua looked surprised, and then there was a dragon bone tail, knocking her into a stone wall.

@Kaykay @Western Tower

Well, what a doozy this has turned out to be. It wasn't like he could do much to turn the tide of battle on a whim. But what else could Merlin do? Surely they wouldn't be able to progress their search for Otus by standing around and watching this fight go on.

❝ What to do... what to do... ❞ The mage repeats to himself, tapping the end of his staff on the ground a few times. Something to keep him occupied as he tried to think of something. Magic wouldn't be so great at this time, there were all grouped up in battle, and friendly fire wouldn't be so great when they were trying to pass themselves as Nashers. But that's when an idea hit him.

❝ Ah... it's far faster to swing a sword than to cast magic. ❞ Merlin says as he held out his other hand, casually summoning a grand sword.

Excalibur2.jpg

Seemingly warping himself closer to these skeletons that bore familiar armor, the mage swung the radiant sword at one skeleton.

@York @Lucky @Jeremi @Minerva
@HallOfJustice
Elizia
@Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @Jeremi @Minerva
@HallOfJustice

Elizia growled under her breath when she realized the woman she was talking to was either ignoring her... Or just completely unaware of the kind of situation they were in. Shaking her head, she slowly turned her attention to tne ensuing battle, her eyes bulging in surprise when she noticed that the mage who had offered to help her was holding a familiar sword.

Was that... Is that... The excalibur?! It looked alot more potent than the one she had seen during her brief venture into Camelot castle.

With a sigh, she too decided to get involved.

"Nasher or not, don't get in my way... And I won't get in yours." She muttered.

Then, Elizia left the woman in green alone for the time being, drawing both of her emerald colored scimitars as she lunged into battle, aiming for the skeletons as she let out a war cry.

She had some other equipment with her, but much like Merlin, she figured swinging a sword was the most direct approach. Though in hindsight, she realized she should have brought some hammers with her instead of scimitars, considering the fact that they were dealing with skeletons...

So far at least, she hadn't blown their 'cover' as Nashers, yet.​

View attachment 3583

"Grnngh! Stupid useless goddess!" Kazuma saw, feeling little actual remorse for Aqua's predicament, but knew that this probably meant he shouldn't underestimate the monsters. To that end, gritting his teeth, the young adventurer did his best to yank the sword out of the beast's maw and then give another swing with the intent of lopping its head right off!

"There's only so much I can do at once, you know!" He exclaimed toward Megumin all the while, "You know, you wouldn't have to depend on me so much if you'd just learn some other kind of magic besides Explosion, but noooo, it's the greatest type of magic ever, huuuuh?!" He said sarcastically in a heated manner, before taking his chance to go after the next creature, deciding to also try and lop its head off!

@Kaykay @Minerva @WestWatchtower

But the spell failed.

@Kaykay @Western Tower

"Sorry!" Scorpia exclaimed as the guards were sent tumbling to the ground. Instead of focusing much on it Scorpia's focus went to the skeletons slapping one of them with her tail towards some other skeletons nearby.

@Minerva @York @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back