Status
Not open for further replies.
If the lightning had merely startled Rio, that scream chilled him to the bone. "S-Spirit of Halloween my ass!" Like the absolute idiot Gryffindor he was, Rio took off running towards the scream, leaving Kit with a, "Stay here!" as he did so.

@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah

"H-Hey! Wait just a minute!" Juno exclaimed, beginning to take off right after Rio once he bolted as well, partially with the intent to stop him, but also partially wondering just what the source of that horrifying scream even was. Bone-chilling as it was, it was her duty to investigate that either way. But of course the intrepid Gryffindor here had to take the lead.

Well.

If nothing else, that honest part about him was a bit endearing, but... It was also a bit vexatious.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Jeremi @Anyone

If the lightning had merely startled Rio, that scream chilled him to the bone. "S-Spirit of Halloween my ass!" Like the absolute idiot Gryffindor he was, Rio took off running towards the scream, leaving Kit with a, "Stay here!" as he did so.

"H-Hey! Wait just a minute!" Juno exclaimed, beginning to take off right after Rio once he bolted as well, partially with the intent to stop him, but also partially wondering just what the source of that horrifying scream even was. Bone-chilling as it was, it was her duty to investigate that either way. But of course the intrepid Gryffindor here had to take the lead.

Well.

If nothing else, that honest part about him was a bit endearing, but... It was also a bit vexatious.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Jeremi @Anyone

Despite Rio's dash to find the source there was already a small student gathering when he arrived. The target of their curiosity seemed to be Professor Fantasma who was covering against the wall of the hall with his wand out looking as pale as a ghost. "G-Get back students! I-I said get back!" He was pointing it around erratically with no clear target in sight. "M-My parents said H-Hogwarts was not for me! B-b-b-but did I listen?!" His stomach rumbled, which caused him to groan out in discomfort.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Ver @Anyone

Rio skidded to a halt, unsure of what to make of this at all. Tilting his head in confusion, he put his hands in his pockets. Man, Fantasma was one weird duck, but he was pretty harmless. "Uhhh, you okay, sir? If it helps, that lightning freaked me out too."

Melody jumped from the lightning, and dropped her plate of seconds. Although she was aware some like her prefer to play tricks, her body froze when she heard the circle behind the back, somewhere about a scream or something. Looking down the amount of ruined food, not to mention the shattered plate, Melody turned to the circle.
“Oh hey, did you guys here that..Wait, where’s Rio going? Goodness..that guy is impulsive, can’t he stay a feast at least...”
Melody seemed to say that as just a comment, as she seemed to be more busy with her food in her mouth. Also, the third year was being hypocritical, as anyone who knew her knows she can either be manipulative or impulsive.
@Takumi @Ver @Archmage Jeremiah

Keith Carter - @FantasmaCommotion
@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Ver @MelodyMeister
Chapter 2 – The Rot

It had been almost two months since the news of the stolen books and the disappearance of Sandra. As far as the student body and those in the know could only assume, most of the faculty, Sandra had just mysteriously vanished into the Forbidden Forest, no doubt snatched by some creature too frightening to even think about.

The stolen books as well remained missing. Some among the students started to think that they were not found due to incompetence, but perhaps there was something more going on there? Anyway, school life went on as usual with no signs of trouble for the rest of the Fall.

latest

October 31, 2002

Hallowe’en sneaked up on everyone due to the hectic early days of school. This evening was suitably scary with thunder crashing and heavy rain falling from the sky. What better way to savor the yearly Hogwarts Hallowe’en feast? While it usually was a highly anticipated feast, the rumors this year was that it was going to be less than spectacular. The promise of food was there but it was quite clear that there was not going to be any special shows this year. Cost cuts again, though it was perhaps a form of punishment for Umbridge not having found the book thieves yet nor finding out what had happened to Sandra. Though those that had anything to do with the Headmistress could tell that there was something going on. She was starting to look a tad...nervous. There was also rumors circulating that there was going to be no Hogsmeade visits at any point during the current school year. Another punishment no doubt. Seemed like the students could only survive with what the school provided them.

Even so, perhaps some form of merriment could still be had among the student body. Who knows what mischief one could be up to in this dark and stormy evening. Food was starting to be served in the grand hall but otherwise the students were free to travel the halls until that time.​

Two months had passed, and nothing has been done about the missing books. The suspense had been practically killing Keith during the first month, but by now he pretty much stopped worrying about it. Obviously he was worrying over nothing. He returned to his usual self, not really caring about much and ignoring (to the best of his ability) the strange occurrences as of late.

He hasn't been studying very hard, but it was more than he usually did. When it came to the peculiar book that he had, the modified 'A Guide to Advanced Transfiguration', he skipped over anything remotely related to curses and only focused on the things about Transfiguration. He really didn't have the energy to think about that shit right now; not failing his classes was more important.

So, Halloween was here. To him, it wasn't anything special. He wasn't even wearing a costume, but his appearance was unintentionally zombielike due to his faded clothing and hunched back.
Despite Rio's dash to find the source there was already a small student gathering when he arrived. The target of their curiosity seemed to be Professor Fantasma who was covering against the wall of the hall with his wand out looking as pale as a ghost. "G-Get back students! I-I said get back!" He was pointing it around erratically with no clear target in sight. "M-My parents said H-Hogwarts was not for me! B-b-b-but did I listen?!" His stomach rumbled, which caused him to groan out in discomfort.

He would eventually find himself shambling near a congregation of students. He stopped and squinted for a moment, focusing his vision on Fantasma. He immediately lost interest and almost walked away, but then he heard Fantasma's comment about Hogwarts. He smiled slightly and said, "Yeah, this place really sucks, doesn't it? Never thought I'd live to see the day when a professor openly admits that..."

Last edited:

"H-huh?! Rio wait!" Kit had called after his brother, before giving a small frustrated sigh as he started after him and Juno. He was not just gonna sit back while Rio ran off into danger! Not only was the castle extra creepy now, but the older Myre coulde get hurt. Kit didn't want that happening at all.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Ver @Anyone

Kit was more than confused on what was going on, but stuck close to Rio.

"P-Professor, please try to calm down..." he called out. He was concerned. Did he see something? Was he scared because of the lightning? Maybe the Professor should just take a break for the day with how frantic he seemed.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Archmage Jeremiah @Otto @MelodyMeister @FantasmaCommotion

Noting Kit's arrival, Rio stepped forward to stand in front of him. If Fantasma tried anything, Rio was going to make sure Kit wasn't the one who got hurt.

"Put the wand away, Professor. We can do this calmly." There was a definite change in Rio's behavior now that Kit was here. Keeping his little brother safe was top priority.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Ver @Archmage Jeremiah

Rio skidded to a halt, unsure of what to make of this at all. Tilting his head in confusion, he put his hands in his pockets. Man, Fantasma was one weird duck, but he was pretty harmless. "Uhhh, you okay, sir? If it helps, that lightning freaked me out too."

"N-no!" He was still panicking his eyes darting everywhere. "I-It wasn't just the thunder! I saw something...a s-shape."

"H-huh?! Rio wait!" Kit had called after his brother, before giving a small frustrated sigh as he started after him and Juno. He was not just gonna sit back while Rio ran off into danger! Not only was the castle extra creepy now, but the older Myre coulde get hurt. Kit didn't want that happening at all.

Kit was more than confused on what was going on, but stuck close to Rio.

"P-Professor, please try to calm down..." he called out. He was concerned. Did he see something? Was he scared because of the lightning? Maybe the Professor should just take a break for the day with how frantic he seemed.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Archmage Jeremiah @Otto @MelodyMeister @FantasmaCommotion
Noting Kit's arrival, Rio stepped forward to stand in front of him. If Fantasma tried anything, Rio was going to make sure Kit wasn't the one who got hurt.

"Put the wand away, Professor. We can do this calmly." There was a definite change in Rio's behavior now that Kit was here. Keeping his little brother safe was top priority.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Ver @Archmage Jeremiah

Fantasma hadn't even realized that he had pulled his wand and quickly shoved it back into his cloak. "O-oh...so sorry students. It was just, there was something a-"

hem hem

Professor Fantasma was interrupted by the arrival of the headmistress Dolores Umbridge. "Now what seems to be the problem here?" Not even taking notice of the students she casually pushed her way past them to stand over the poor professor. "Professor Fantasma, what is the meaning of this tomfoolery?"

Realizing who was standing in front of him professor Fantasma quickly got up to his feet. "S-sorry Headmistress. I- there was something huge and menacing lurking in the corridor an-"

Umbridge cut him off with a not so friendly chuckle. "Oh, do not be silly! There isn't anything huge and lurking in these hallways! I believe all of that muggle nonsense floating inside your head has muddled your mind. Not surprising at all I'm afraid."

The professor looked like he was going to say something but instead his stomach grumbled loudly. "Y-you're right, of course you're right...just shadows...just shadows playing t-tricks." He bowed a bit before hastily leaving the scene.

"Well." Umbridge looked around at the students. "Why are you all standing around here for? Didn't I provide you food for the evening. Savor some of that, and be happy to feel welcome and accommodated here in my school." With that Umbridge as well left followed quickly by most of the students that had gathered to watch the commotion.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Ver @Archmage Jeremiah

"........"

Well...that happened. Rio was glad that Fantasma seemed to be of his own senses, and that Umbridge didn't lash out at him too much, but that was all really...weird. "Oi, should we go check on him?" The question was primarily directed at Juno, since out of everyone still left, she was the one who talked to him back on that day with the hut. "Y'know...make sure he's not too shaken up."

@Ver @Takumi @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah @Jeremi

"N-no!" He was still panicking his eyes darting everywhere. "I-It wasn't just the thunder! I saw something...a s-shape."

Fantasma hadn't even realized that he had pulled his wand and quickly shoved it back into his cloak. "O-oh...so sorry students. It was just, there was something a-"

hem hem

Professor Fantasma was interrupted by the arrival of the headmistress Dolores Umbridge. "Now what seems to be the problem here?" Not even taking notice of the students she casually pushed her way past them to stand over the poor professor. "Professor Fantasma, what is the meaning of this tomfoolery?"

Realizing who was standing in front of him professor Fantasma quickly got up to his feet. "S-sorry Headmistress. I- there was something huge and menacing lurking in the corridor an-"

Umbridge cut him off with a not so friendly chuckle. "Oh, do not be silly! There isn't anything huge and lurking in these hallways! I believe all of that muggle nonsense floating inside your head has muddled your mind. Not surprising at all I'm afraid."

The professor looked like he was going to say something but instead his stomach grumbled loudly. "Y-you're right, of course you're right...just shadows...just shadows playing t-tricks." He bowed a bit before hastily leaving the scene.

"Well." Umbridge looked around at the students. "Why are you all standing around here for? Didn't I provide you food for the evening. Savor some of that, and be happy to feel welcome and accommodated here in my school." With that Umbridge as well left followed quickly by most of the students that had gathered to watch the commotion.

Kit frowned as Umbridge appeared, said her piece to dissolve the situation, then left. That whole scenario was plain weird and he didn't like it at all.

"........"

Well...that happened. Rio was glad that Fantasma seemed to be of his own senses, and that Umbridge didn't lash out at him too much, but that was all really...weird. "Oi, should we go check on him?" The question was primarily directed at Juno, since out of everyone still left, she was the one who talked to him back on that day with the hut. "Y'know...make sure he's not too shaken up."

@Ver @Takumi @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah @Jeremi

"Maybe we should...he said he saw something right?" Kit said, a little unsure. What if what Fantasma saw wasn't just a figment of his imagination? Something conjured up by his mind due to some 'muggle influence' or whatever BS Umbridge brought up. With Sandra's disappearance...maybe it was connected to that?

Juno said nothing as Umbridge abruptly appeared and Fantasma seemed to quickly calm down, the Muggle Studies teacher disappearing into the dark halls like a quivering mouse. She was ready to return to the Great Hall where the party was and be done with it, before the blasted intrepid Gryffindor had to push the issue further. With a resigned sigh, the Ravenclaw placed a hand on her hip and looked tiredly.

"If it would assuage your suspicions, I don't see any harm in it, though... Well, let's just go then," she said. Juno was ready to suggest to Rio that perhaps he was being too paranoid, but then, it wasn't as though there wasn't anything weird going on, not after the grisly sight of Sandra's corpse all that time ago...

Juno was a bit apprehensive when Kit opted to follow as well, but it couldn't be helped. A part of her hoped that others wouldn't feel inclined to follow -- partly because if there did turn out to be something, that'd just be all the more students put at risk because of her negligence -- but alas...

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Takumi @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah

hem hem

"...Hmph." That was all he could say after witnessing this. It was safe to say that his dislike for the faculty was now worsening every day. Fantasma was alright, though.
"........"

Well...that happened. Rio was glad that Fantasma seemed to be of his own senses, and that Umbridge didn't lash out at him too much, but that was all really...weird. "Oi, should we go check on him?" The question was primarily directed at Juno, since out of everyone still left, she was the one who talked to him back on that day with the hut. "Y'know...make sure he's not too shaken up."​
Kit frowned as Umbridge appeared, said her piece to dissolve the situation, then left. That whole scenario was plain weird and he didn't like it at all.

"Maybe we should...he said he saw something right?" Kit said, a little unsure. What if what Fantasma saw wasn't just a figment of his imagination? Something conjured up by his mind due to some 'muggle influence' or whatever BS Umbridge brought up. With Sandra's disappearance...maybe it was connected to that?
Juno said nothing as Umbridge abruptly appeared and Fantasma seemed to quickly calm down, the Muggle Studies teacher disappearing into the dark halls like a quivering mouse. She was ready to return to the Great Hall where the party was and be done with it, before the blasted intrepid Gryffindor had to push the issue further. With a resigned sigh, the Ravenclaw placed a hand on her hip and looked tiredly.

"If it would assuage your suspicions, I don't see any harm in it, though... Well, let's just go then," she said. Juno was ready to suggest to Rio that perhaps he was being too paranoid, but then, it wasn't as though there wasn't anything weird going on, not after the grisly sight of Sandra's corpse all that time ago...

Juno was a bit apprehensive when Kit opted to follow as well, but it couldn't be helped. A part of her hoped that others wouldn't feel inclined to follow -- partly because if there did turn out to be something, that'd just be all the more students put at risk because of her negligence -- but alas...

Keith honestly wanted to ignore what just happened, but he had a strange feeling to go along with the group. Fantasma was the only faculty member that he respected; he seemed the most normal out of all of them. It was concerning to see him so worked up. Besides, tagging along would help satiate his boredom anyway. "Yeah... he did seem a little sick. It's probably all of that stress Umbridge is giving him. I'll come with you guys."

"Man, let me see..." It was familiar, but... "Not a Disney character, um...shoot, it was on the tip of his tongue! Oh! OH!!!

"That one girl! From Sonic SatAM!!! Crap, what was her name? M...Miyu? Faye?"

@Archmage Jeremiah @Takumi @Ver

Nikki remained posed even through Kit's admission of defeat and Juno's silent refusal to participate, but was rapidly growing tired and slouching in her stance. As Rio piped up and named the titular blue blur, however, Nikki immediately perked right back up to hear him give his guess. Upon hearing him give his guess, though... "Aww...nope, but you were on the right track. I'm Princess Sally!" she gleefully proclaimed, just before thunder shook the great hall, but not Nikki. She was left snickering at everyone's reactions. As unafraid of lightning she may be, Nikki was still taken off-guard by a scream coming from outside the hall. Snapping around to peer out of the hall, she eagerly followed behind Rio and co. to investigate.

hem hem

A
rriving to find the resident Muggle Studies professor backed into a corner by a gathering of students, cowering in fear, Nikki's heart sank. As a fellow Ravenclaw and connoisseur of Muggle media, Nikki and Fantasma had frequently met up anytime both of their busy schedules lined up. Having at least 7 years of experience living in the Muggle world above the vast majority of other students, Nikki loved having someone at Hogwarts who was so eager to hear about it.

It also helped having someone who shared her uneasiness about the Headmistress' allegedly less-than-savoury view of Muggles and their culture. So when the Headmistress herself stepped in to dismiss Fantasma's fear as Muggle nonsense muddling his mind, Nikki was visibly insulted, and appeared to strain herself just to keep her scowl directed away from Umbridge.

"I believe him,"
Nikki firmly stated right off the bat, "Fantasma's jittery, but he's a smart and sensible person. I've never seen him this scared, and that absolute garbage Umbridge mentioned about 'Muggle nonsense' is-" Nikki stuttered, stopping herself. Her gritted teeth whistled while long, seething breaths passed through them, and the fabric of her gloves groaned in protest as her hands balled up into tight fists. Taking a long pause thereafter, Nikki closed her eyes to breathe instead through her nose; the visible tension across her body fading, and in turn causing her hands and jaw to relax again. "wrong." she finished after having quieted herself, "It's just wrong. Last I checked, my dad couldn't cast Confundus to make people see things," Nikki sassed with a huff.

While the other students were dawdling about, Nikki refused to wait any longer, and broke ahead of the pack into a quick jog.
"Professor Fantasma! Wait up!" she hollered down the hallway while she gave chase.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Takumi @Otto @MelodyMeister @FantasmaCommotion

"...Hmph." That was all he could say after witnessing this. It was safe to say that his dislike for the faculty was now worsening every day. Fantasma was alright, though.

Keith honestly wanted to ignore what just happened, but he had a strange feeling to go along with the group. Fantasma was the only faculty member that he respected; he seemed the most normal out of all of them. It was concerning to see him so worked up. Besides, tagging along would help satiate his boredom anyway. "Yeah... he did seem a little sick. It's probably all of that stress Umbridge is giving him. I'll come with you guys."

Nikki remained posed even through Kit's admission of defeat and Juno's silent refusal to participate, but was rapidly growing tired and slouching in her stance. As Rio piped up and named the titular blue blur, however, Nikki immediately perked right back up to hear him give his guess. Upon hearing him give his guess, though... "Aww...nope, but you were on the right track. I'm Princess Sally!" she gleefully proclaimed, just before thunder shook the great hall, but not Nikki. She was left snickering at everyone's reactions. As unafraid of lightning she may be, Nikki was still taken off-guard by a scream coming from outside the hall. Snapping around to peer out of the hall, she eagerly followed behind Rio and co. to investigate.

A
rriving to find the resident Muggle Studies professor backed into a corner by a gathering of students, cowering in fear, Nikki's heart sank. As a fellow Ravenclaw and connoisseur of Muggle media, Nikki and Fantasma had frequently met up anytime both of their busy schedules lined up. Having at least 7 years of experience living in the Muggle world above the vast majority of other students, Nikki loved having someone at Hogwarts who was so eager to hear about it.

It also helped having someone who shared her uneasiness about the Headmistress' allegedly less-than-savoury view of Muggles and their culture. So when the Headmistress herself stepped in to dismiss Fantasma's fear as Muggle nonsense muddling his mind, Nikki was visibly insulted, and appeared to strain herself just to keep her scowl directed away from Umbridge.

"I believe him,"
Nikki firmly stated right off the bat, "Fantasma's jittery, but he's a smart and sensible person. I've never seen him this scared, and that absolute garbage Umbridge mentioned about 'Muggle nonsense' is-" Nikki stuttered, stopping herself. Her gritted teeth whistled while long, seething breaths passed through them, and the fabric of her gloves groaned in protest as her hands balled up into tight fists. Taking a long pause thereafter, Nikki closed her eyes to breathe instead through her nose; the visible tension across her body fading, and in turn causing her hands and jaw to relax again. "wrong." she finished after having quieted herself, "It's just wrong. Last I checked, my dad couldn't cast Confundus to make people see things," Nikki sassed with a huff.

While the other students were dawdling about, Nikki refused to wait any longer, and broke ahead of the pack into a quick jog.
"Professor Fantasma! Wait up!" she hollered down the hallway while she gave chase.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Takumi @Otto @MelodyMeister @FantasmaCommotion

Although Kit agreed with Nikki, probably because him and Rio were half muggles, the blonde knew that getting angry over the comment wasn't worth it. Getting angry wouldn't change the fact that what was said was said, and that Umbridge would continue to believe that it was justified.

There she went, just like how Rio had ran off without a second thought.

Melody watched as they ran off too, and crossed her arms. Surely, most people would know a prank from a problem? Neverless, she dashed away from the plate before a teacher saw her and took out another plate, before sitting her herself on the gryffindor table. As she began her dessert, she looked around and was annoyed, she couldn’t waste her good outfit, she wanted someone to look at her.
“Hmm...Halloween huh? Trick or treating, prank, magic...Aha! Hey, uhh..Rolian? Was it? Okay Melody, calm yourself...Trick or treat! What’s that? You don’t have a treat, well then, you know the tradition! Aguamenti!”
A small sprout of water came from the wand, likely soaking the poor guy with water, Melody saw no wrong with this, a uniform can dry, so obviously, a little prank can’t be bad? Right?
@Donder172 @Jeremi

Chapter 2 – The Rot

It had been almost two months since the news of the stolen books and the disappearance of Sandra. As far as the student body and those in the know could only assume, most of the faculty, Sandra had just mysteriously vanished into the Forbidden Forest, no doubt snatched by some creature too frightening to even think about.

The stolen books as well remained missing. Some among the students started to think that they were not found due to incompetence, but perhaps there was something more going on there? Anyway, school life went on as usual with no signs of trouble for the rest of the Fall.

GiALHqKpjPaSlnOtYPx_b0wXBCvQL3g8CD6O6dKiEQCCqZEV-SjzNrV9ddtcuzpmomD2-qx3HtFn-5tGlBg4gRxUn2u0Nxrp-GaPVM_UjQPJOSMSk1d7yP3iFO0MO5ExTUJOB0Te

October 31, 2002

Hallowe’en sneaked up on everyone due to the hectic early days of school. This evening was suitably scary with thunder crashing and heavy rain falling from the sky. What better way to savor the yearly Hogwarts Hallowe’en feast? While it usually was a highly anticipated feast, the rumors this year was that it was going to be less than spectacular. The promise of food was there but it was quite clear that there was not going to be any special shows this year. Cost cuts again, though it was perhaps a form of punishment for Umbridge not having found the book thieves yet nor finding out what had happened to Sandra. Though those that had anything to do with the Headmistress could tell that there was something going on. She was starting to look a tad...nervous. There was also rumors circulating that there was going to be no Hogsmeade visits at any point during the current school year. Another punishment no doubt. Seemed like the students could only survive with what the school provided them.

Even so, perhaps some form of merriment could still be had among the student body. Who knows what mischief one could be up to in this dark and stormy evening. Food was starting to be served in the grand hall but otherwise the students were free to travel the halls until that time.

Cast list:

@Glostechk as Adele Dumont (Gryffindor)
@dark as Alcander Montanari (Slytherin)
@Blacksmith as Caleb Cato (Gryffindor)
@York as Gavin Bently (Ravenclaw)
@Lucky as Ian Miles the fourth (Slytherin)
@Pretentious Pineapple as Isolde Adalynn Draupnir (Hufflepuff)
@Gummi Bunnies as Julius Kerrigan (Ravenclaw)
@Ver as Juno Post (Ravenclaw)
@Otto as Keith Carter (Gryffindor)
@Takumi as Kit Myre (Hufflepuff)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Lloyd Whitaker (Ravenclaw)
@Khan of the Mardu as Martha Pleiades (Slytherin)
@MelodyMeister as Melody Cristala (Gryffindor)
@Archmage Jeremiah as Nikki T. Hilton-Lynn (Ravenclaw)
@Yun Lee as Rio Myre (Gryffindor)
@Donder172 as Rolien Langenberg (Ravenclaw)
@Josh as Ross Rhodes (Hufflepuff)
@Neko Shogun as Samael Rossi (Slytherin)
@Raptor Jesus as Stanley George Edwards (Hufflepuff)
@Kaykay as Wisteria King (Hufflepuff)
@Cromartous as Yaser Branblesnap (Hufflepuff)
#287Jeremi, Tuesday at 3:55 PM

Alcander Montanari

The year 7 man finally sat down to go and eat his food that was supplied.

It was Halloween again, and the man tried not to be so serious today.

He eyed Ian for a few seconds and then the others

@Lucky @Jeremi

hem hem

Even though two months had passed, Adele was still reminded of how odd the year had began, especially with Sandra's incident. She couldn't really get her mind off of that even though everything was normal afterwards. Trying to enjoy the Halloween party, Adele was seen without her books and had worn a simple attire with black as the main color. She felt like she was too old to celebrate Halloween with costumes but preferred to neatly allow her hair loose rather than the typical messy ponytail she would always have.

Hearing Professor Fantasma's reaction and staring at the way he pulled his wand, Adele wasn't quite convinced that everything was okay. However, the girl decided not to cause a scene or confront Umbridge, walking straight towards the other students were they stood. "What do you all think that was about?"

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Ver @Archmage Jeremiah @Otto @Everyone else​

By the time Samael had popped into the room, the girl who was far too curious for her own good had already packed away the darker of her two acquisitions in disgust. A few pages of it had been enough to make her wish to retch, and by the time she had finished reading both the means to destroy one of those infernal Horcruxes and how ghastly a brew the Drink of Despair truly was... suffice to say, she regretted most of her reasons for picking up the book. Perhaps a fire or shredding was in order for it when she found the time, rather than risk it falling into anyone else's hands...

Whatever her course would be in the future though, she had packed it away once Samael had peeked his head, instead poring over and copying the details locked away in the pages of Essential Defense. Already, a few pieces of parchments had been filled with the most important facts and instructions that Mary had found so far, records that she hoped to keep hidden away in her trunk after disposing of the books in one manner or another. "Today was the first day that felt safe, and thus a rare opportunity to do so, Samael," She replied without slowing the echoing scratches of her quill on parchment, focused eyesight never leaving the page she was on, "And besides, not as though I'll miss anything spectacular. The past Halloweens under Umbridge have been quite lacking in sustenance, and without a good plate of food, why sit in the presence of her and those willing to play along with her rule?"

"Of course, if you wish to go yourself, no skin cut from my flesh," Finally, she paused in her writing to examine her friend from afar, free hand tapping rhythmically upon the desk she had procured for herself, "My summations of the text can be copied with a simple charm once I am done, so you will not miss anything once I return the tome. Besides, why allow your little costume to go to waste? If your interest in salvaging your education can wait, then go enjoy yourself."

@Neko Shogun @Jeremi
Stanley had eventually made his way into the classroom, wearing a costume of his own. It being Halloween, Stanley was not about to let this opportunity go to waste.

8169yZqZNrL._UY445_.jpg

"It's-a Me!" Stanley exclaimed happily as he rode in on a cardboard Yoshi, which was controlled using two strings, which Stanley held tightly in both hands. As he approached Mary and Sam, Stanley peered over at the former with a sigh."So what exactly are you up to in here?" He asked, having purposely stayed out of the loop of things to avoid butting heads with anyone. But his friend's safety was more important to him.

@Khan of the Mardu @Neko Shogun @Jeremi
Gloriosa's chipper demeanor lowered slightly with the mention of Sandra. "Sorry...considering how she just vanished...the Forbidden Forest seems like the only logical choice. It's...sorry." She looked around for a moment. "Oh! Someone's calling for me! Have a fun evening guys!" Funny, they could've sworn no one had called her name when she walked away.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah

"Yes." A raspy voice could be heard from behind Stanley. "What are you up to in here?" Professor Swagglebone looked like a predator who had just stumbled upon his prey. "So quiet...in the middle of these...festivities."

@Khan of the Mardu @Neko Shogun @Raptor Jesus
"Y-You're probably right about that," Sam remarked, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck. "I doubt Halloween will be anything special but, um, I'm actually having a pretty good day today so I figured I would at least... try... to socialize. My interest in education never wavers, it's just rare that I actually feel normal and actually have the energy to do normal things." As far as Sam was concerned, he always had plenty of time to study during the days when he didn't feel very well. He sure as hell had a lot of days like that. Then again, he didn't exactly want to leave Mary alone. She was his friend too.

The boy fidgeted with the books in his arms before speaking again. "I know you're busy here, but I just wanted to let you know that you're welcome to go with me if you want to... if not, I'll bring you back a plate of food later. The food probably won't be great, but you should at least eat something, right?" Sam really didn't have room to talk since he never ate much food himself, but he was at least trying to help out his friend.

Sam walked closer to Mary, peering over her shoulder for a moment to see what she was writing. He opened his mouth to ask her, but quickly clammed up when another student would find his way into the room. The blond felt his eyebrow twitched and he shot Stanley a somewhat annoyed look, letting out a sigh afterwards. He intended not to say anything all and let Mary handle getting rid of him, but things got complicated when they were also joined by Professor Swagglebone. He found himself nervously spitting out words when he would see see the man, caught off guard by his presence.

"A-Ah, Mary and I made plans to study, but I decided I wanted to ask her out..."

Sam's face flushed red upon realizing what he just said. He flailed his hands anxiously, causing him to drop the books he had been holding.

"I-I mean, I wanted to ask her to come out."

"..."

"No, ah, I mean to come out of this room and go to the Great Hall with me for Halloween."

Dammit. Dammit. Dammit.

Why did he always have to lose his cool at the worst times?

@Khan of the Mardu @Raptor Jesus @Jeremi

Though Nikki seemed to take great offense to Umbridge's anti-Muggle schpiel, Rio honestly didn't care. He knew how Muggles were looked down on in wizard society, but with his half-blood upbringing, he refused to let it get to him. He did let it get to him if someone tried to belittle, say, Isolde or any his friends, but there were bigger things to worry about.

Like, for example, what the Hell was happening at this school.

"I don't know, Adele, but I think Fantasma does." And with that, he took off behind the others who left for the Muggle Studies teacher, wondering just how badly this could go.

@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Otto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back