Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'll never give in to despair, and certainly not to an unsightly monster like you!" Diana exclaimed defiantly, clutching her wand tightly in her hand as she looked upon the Dweller in Darkness's new form, "Even if we fail here, even if we're subject to yet another loop in this incessant cycle, I'll keep believing -- no matter what -- that I'll push through one day, be it today in this moment, another loop, another ten, or beyond!"

"That is what inspires me to keep on. The mere notion of failure does not occur to me, because I believe in nothing more than what I wish. Hope. Courage. Integrity..."
She said with a clenched fist, before bringing it to her chest, as though laying her hand on her heart for a brief moment.

"Love..."

No matter what.

She had to believe.

She had to keep believing.

"After all, a believing heart is my magic, and that is why it will overcome your powers in the end; because I believe it to!"

Letting the others say their piece, continuing to resist the enemy, Diana flicked her wand about again, green energy following the tip around, before the young witch exclaimed her incantation.

latest

"Murowa!"

Casting an Extermination Spell, hoping to wear away at the Dweller in Darkness even more, Diana's wand fired a powerful beam of explosive energy at him, not relenting in the slightest.

@Jeremi @Kaykay @Yun Lee @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @MelodyMeister @dark @Donder172 @Takumi @Everybody

Cipher Nine observed as the others attacked. Using her stealth generator to say in the background for now. She slowly made her way to the creature. Taking her moment to strike, she threw a flash grenade to the Dweller of Darkness before firing several blaster bolts from her sniper rifle towards the monster's head followed by a stun dart aimed at the chest.
Cipher Nine was not intimidated by the Dweller of Darkness' powers or appearance. She fought Jedi before and been on missions no ordinary soldier could do. She was calm, yet her mind was calculating on the possibilities to fight. This creature was very powerful, she had to give him that. Yet, it was not invincible. Even if it believed it was.
One possobility would depend if the creature really controlled this place. Involving psychological warfare against it. Colleteral damage to incapacitate it was another option. Yet, perhaps her attacks could do something.

All these talking heads droning on and on about the same things. "You mortals think you are all so special." The Fear Lord lamented. "But you put on a brave face and we have come to a point where I am tired of-" Diana's spell connected blasting the Dweller in Darkness backwards. "Hrnn, come then! Deliver everything you can muster and I will still reign supreme!"

Professor McGonagall aimed her wand at the floating head as well. "You heard the monster! Give it everything you have!"

@Yun Lee @Ver @MelodyMeister @dark @Kaykay @Glostechk @Donder172 @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies

All these talking heads droning on and on about the same things. "You mortals think you are all so special." The Fear Lord lamented. "But you put on a brave face and we have come to a point where I am tired of-" Diana's spell connected blasting the Dweller in Darkness backwards. "Hrnn, come then! Deliver everything you can muster and I will still reign supreme!"

Professor McGonagall aimed her wand at the floating head as well. "You heard the monster! Give it everything you have!"

@Yun Lee @Ver @MelodyMeister @dark @Kaykay @Glostechk @Donder172 @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies

Lucas's O.W.L droid peppered the Dweller in Darkness in bullets, and a few shots from Lucas's Spoofer rifle that would send a normal Helghast reeling, would hit the head as well.

"Face it, Fear Lord. It's over."

"Very amusing, full marks." Kliff spoke to Dweller in Darkness in slight amusement, the glyphs returning as he straightened his collar. "I've grown bored listen to you stroke your ego by challenging our way of thinking and getting us to simply roll over and submit like dogs..."

b76f1391543cc9b4c2f6204e9e2fcd3698fb971a_hq.jpg

"Now you die." it was a simple phrase, his amusement gone and replaced by all seriousness since this was one thing he intended to make real by casting one of his stronger spells Thunder; a strong bolt would crackle and roar as it was released from his hand, fingers left scorched and numb no doubt, but that wouldn't stop him from casting another Thunder shortly afterwards. He was already used to battle despite his age and slight inexperience on the field as a soldier and mage, but he wouldn't let that show anyway. Even if he couldn't kill Dweller in Darkness with a few hits of his spells and the attacks of everyone else than he'd hopefully find a good weakness to exploit.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Glostechk @dark @MelodyMeister @Donder172 @Ver @Everyone

Nathaniel Plimpton III

Nathaniel paused, wondering what he could do. He wondered if he still had some leftover magic from the illusion that he could use. He raced through his head, tracing all possible attack spells, but he couldn't remember any from his time at Hogwarts. However from reading the books, he remembered three of them and attempted to aim it towards the Dweller in Darkness with his knowledge and he guessed what he could have used as a wand. " AVADA KEDARVA! CRUCIO! IMPERIO."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Glostechk @dark @MelodyMeister @Donder172 @Ver @Takumi @Everyone

The Dweller in Darkness didn't expect them to fight back with such fervor. Foolish mortals always struggling for their survival. There was nothing they could do to defeat the Fear Lord so why did they choose to struggle? They were still in his domain and he was supreme!

"Patronus!" Where Harry had gotten a wand no one could say, perhaps he had always had it on him, or maybe he had taken one from the other students roaming the halls. Even so from the tip of the wand emerged a glorious stag with a blinding light causing any of the sand creators still roaming to crumble back to their base parts. With a grin Harry aimed the stag towards the Fear Lord and it struck passing right through the floating head in the sky.

Dweller in Darkness screamed out in pain, it was as if the sun itself had passed through its form. The Patronus Charm from Harry allowed the other attacks to hit it dead on with the combinations of powers and spells causing a great explosion in the air. As the smoked cleared the head of the Fear Lord was on the ground, it's tentacles squirming weakly as he tried to get back up. "H-How?" It spat out followed by a spew of curses from a long dead language. "How can this happen?! It is my domain!"

@Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @dark @MelodyMeister @Donder172 @Ver @Takumi @Lucky

"How many times do I have to say it?" Remy walked to the downed fear lord, looking down at him with nothing more than mere annoyance. "None one here is afraid of you. This may be your domain, but you no longer have any power over us." Remy would then bring his foot down on the Dweller's head with a violent kick.

%28remyfmk%29.gif

"Do us all a favor and die now."

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Ver @dark @Donder172 @MelodyMeister

“My, my, You are a very good magician, Ian Miles, was it? To use all unforgivable spells with ease and no hesitation. Still a bit rash though no? To use such horrible and harmful spells? Oh! What a wonderful spell it is, Mister Potter! It’s very beautiful, and more importantly effective.”
Maple had kept back and calmly watched due to her lack of offensive magic, she did step forward to prepare to copy Harry and use a patronus charm, but decided against it in case the wand thought she was unworthy and shot up some maggots instead, not to mention that she wasn’t sure how good her first charm of the sort would be. Ultimately she did stay in the front of the group though.
“Ah, I don’t like it when arrogant beings assume the best. I’ll leave the lecture to the others, but I won’t ignore you either. Now this is a pretty hard spell but I might be able to cast it...Incarcerous!”
If the spell worked, it would have resulted in tight ropes going around the dark dweller. But although Maple is a mage, this is a NEWT-level spell after all.
@Jeremi @Lucky @Everyone​

The Dweller in Darkness didn't expect them to fight back with such fervor. Foolish mortals always struggling for their survival. There was nothing they could do to defeat the Fear Lord so why did they choose to struggle? They were still in his domain and he was supreme!

"Patronus!" Where Harry had gotten a wand no one could say, perhaps he had always had it on him, or maybe he had taken one from the other students roaming the halls. Even so from the tip of the wand emerged a glorious stag with a blinding light causing any of the sand creators still roaming to crumble back to their base parts. With a grin Harry aimed the stag towards the Fear Lord and it struck passing right through the floating head in the sky.

Dweller in Darkness screamed out in pain, it was as if the sun itself had passed through its form. The Patronus Charm from Harry allowed the other attacks to hit it dead on with the combinations of powers and spells causing a great explosion in the air. As the smoked cleared the head of the Fear Lord was on the ground, it's tentacles squirming weakly as he tried to get back up. "H-How?" It spat out followed by a spew of curses from a long dead language. "How can this happen?! It is my domain!"

@Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @dark @MelodyMeister @Donder172 @Ver @Takumi @Lucky
As the group had an opening for attack thanks to Potter, Cipher Nine once again opened fire with her sniper rifle on the Dweller in Darkness. Noticing the powers and attacks of the others in the group as she joined the focus of attack. Yet, the question did come to her mind how he obtained a wand. However he did, it was for something later. As the Dweller in Darkness exploded, the Chiss made herself a smaller target for the explosion after which she slowly started to walk to the remains of the Fear Lord, ignoring Maple's attempt of a charm. She put her rifle away and drew her blaster pistol, shooting on any tentacles that might be in her way. "You have been dethroned." she said almost blandly before aiming a shot at the creature's head.

@Jeremi @MelodyMeister @Everyone

The group could hear a squelching sound as Remy's boot went down on Fear Lords head and following the other attacks black ooze started to seep out from the wounds. Dweller in Darkness' tentacles squirmed around one final time before dropping dead on the ground. Was it finally over?

The ground started to shake and out from the sand burst Hecate, Skeletor and Gentiana who had returned back into her human form in the meanwhile. "That blasted squirming squid! Wait until I get my hands on him!" He clutched his staff in rage ready to get back into the fight.

"It appears we are too late, seems he has already been defeated."
Hecate said shaking her head to get rid of the sand. The battle had been won...but what was the next course of action with them still being stuck in the Fear Lords domain.

Gentiana instead focused on the group that had been left to fight the Dweller in Darkness. "I trust that you are all in good health?"

"No thanks to you."
Funny replied stand offish to the Goddess. "The battle is won yes, but we are still here, what oh powerful Gods shall we do now?"

Hecate shot the president a glare, which seemed to quiet him up. "While a Fear Lord can never truly be killed. His defeat has left his domain weakened and in fluctuation. If we return to the castle, I should be able to use my vast resources of magic to break the enchantments that hold it here and return it to its rightful place. That should also, in theory, tetter you all to where you belong and send everyone to your home dimension. In theory, at least." A lot of theories and very little fact, but there wasn't many others they could trust with this.

Even if just a theory, Remy was more than happy to take his leave of this world. He silently started off back to the castle, a little tense. Landing that final blow on the Fear Lord...it felt good. Really good. The monster deserved it, after everything their group had endured, but even so, he didn't like how much he liked kicking it. That didn't count as fighting, did it? Hmm...no. More like paying evil unto evil. Much like he did back home. Or at least, that was how he justified what he did back home.

But considering his main opponents in his world were plucky young folks or wrestlers, this instance was definitely more justified.

@Anyone​

"Home..." Diana murmured to herself, the thought of finally being able to return calming her down along with the sight of the Dweller in Darkness's defeat. How many loops had she and these other people been forced to undergo over and over again, at the sick whim of Umbridge and that monster? Perhaps she was better off not knowing, all things considered. Professor Ursula, Badcock, and the rest would surely have a field day at the implications for magic if... or rather when she'd tell them all about this. Hannah and Barbara would surely bombard her with their worries and affections (partially to her dismay the more she thought over it). It was all going to be such a pain...

The young witch at this point was almost too tired to even marvel at the idea of Hecate possessing magic powerful enough to undo the enchantments laid on them and this place as well, considering that the influence seemed able to reach across different dimensions, or maybe she had already grown used to it shortly after learning about the loops that erased her identity and replaced it with "Juno Post" back then. Instead, she simply accepted the "goddess" and her solution, letting out a breath as she let her tend to it.

"In theory... Well, a theoretical solution is better than no solution at all. Do as you will then," the girl sighed to Hecate, putting her hands on her hips. What a series of unfortunate events indeed. But hopefully, it was all at an end now. And then she could put it all behind her.

... But perhaps it wasn't all that bad.

"I suppose this is it for us, then. Strange to think of each other as trusted allies, feeling like we've only known each other for a few minutes when we'd really known each other for who knows how long we'd been trapped here..." Diana said to the others, mostly toward Remy, crossing her arms now, "I suppose one could say... it wasn't as though our time together was completely fake, no?"

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Glostechk @Takumi @Lucky @Anybody

Maple sighed and put away her wand, she didn’t expect anything but greater things have happened. When the others started to walk back to the castle, the woman crouched down near the Dweller’s dead body and smiled.
“Ah..Such arrogance is always the cause downfall, that’s what a grumpy professor once told me. Well, I think I’ll skip touching you or removing your body parts of any kind.”

Beginning to reach for one of the Dweller’s arms, she took it back at the last minute and stood back up, following the others from behind. How exhausting this situation was, from a typical day in Hogwarts to a whole cosmic story, it was confusing, but to a woman like Maple it was exciting more than anything else. While taking off her red hair tie and re-tying it in a purple hair band she once owned, she responded slowly to Diana’s question.

“Ah, That is true, Juno was it? As much as she was a bumbling mess of a girl...I loved being Melody. Idiotic, idealistic Melody. She’s made friends so quickly and genuinely as well as being a sweet child overall. I suppose I should keep this hairstyle in memory of her.”
When she finished re-tying her hair, she had tied it in the style that Melody usually wore it.
“There, do I look any better?”
@Ver @Jeremi @Everyone​

Last edited:
After a trek through the sands they found themselves back to Hogwarts where everything seemed to be the same.

"Harry!"

Well, almost everything. A girl with long hair and a ginger haired lad met the group at the entrance and they quickly ran up to Harry to give him a hug. "Hermione! Ron! You're alright!" In their fleeting memories the group recalled the statue in the courtyard of Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley. It appears that said statue had been no statue at all.

Leaving the reunited trio to catch up the rest up the group headed back to Umbridge's office where she was still laying unconscious on the floor. "I am very much looking forward to sending her back to prison where she belongs," Professor McGonagall responded.

Hecate meanwhile was mumbling something to herself as she was feeling the way of the land. "Yes...yes I believe this should be in my abilities. If there are any farewells that anyone wants to say do so now. Otherwise I will send everything back to where it belongs."

So. This was it, then. After this...weird adventure, Remy would ve heading back home. If you could really call that hellhole a home, anyway. He looked at Diana and Kliff, the two who he had bonded with the most this cycle. Had they always been close, each time, or maybe this one was different. He didn't know, and probably never would. But at least this time, the one he would remember, they were his closest allies...and, had things been different, friends?

...nah. Remy didn't have friends. But, even so...

"Take care," he told them, not really wanting to elaborate on more. There was this...feeling inside him that he didn't like. Something like sadness at this whole thing. Was he not ready to say goodbye? He didn't know. But something inside him-perhaps Rio's lingering influence or possibly his own attachment to them-compelled him to add, "...knowing you wasn't a bad thing."

May as well appreciate that; it was fairly clear that was the best Remy could give.

@Ver @Takumi

So. This was it, then. After this...weird adventure, Remy would ve heading back home. If you could really call that hellhole a home, anyway. He looked at Diana and Kliff, the two who he had bonded with the most this cycle. Had they always been close, each time, or maybe this one was different. He didn't know, and probably never would. But at least this time, the one he would remember, they were his closest allies...and, had things been different, friends?

...nah. Remy didn't have friends. But, even so...

"Take care," he told them, not really wanting to elaborate on more. There was this...feeling inside him that he didn't like. Something like sadness at this whole thing. Was he not ready to say goodbye? He didn't know. But something inside him-perhaps Rio's lingering influence or possibly his own attachment to them-compelled him to add, "...knowing you wasn't a bad thing."

May as well appreciate that; it was fairly clear that was the best Remy could give.

@Ver @Takumi

"Likewise..." Kliff responded. He wasn't one to really be sentimental, a few of his friends did that for him. Even so, there was a feeling of...sadness deep underneath the feeling of relief of returning home.

Maybe it was a part of Kit still present, knowing that the promise he made would likelt never come to fruition.

"You too, Diana was it?" Kliff spoke, turning to look her way.

@Yun Lee @Ver

"Indeed. I suppose if this is it, we ought to get going home already," Diana said in response to Remy and Kliff. She felt as though she would have liked to say more, considering that they had just overcome a great ordeal together that spanned an unknown amount of time, becoming what some could call "friends" in their shared delusions, but really, what could she say? And for what purpose? To extend this drawn-out ordeal for the sake of feeling as though she could fill up this void of silence?

Besides, from a certain light, it wasn't as though Diana Cavendish was friends with Remy or Kliff. It was more that Juno Post was friends with Rio and Kit Myre. They were all different existences before, and now, even though it was time that they recalled, it felt... off. Like recalling someone else's memories. After all, that did seem to be the case. They became different people, and now, here they were, their new identities erased and reverted to how they were originally.

But... Even if those such identities were fabricated as "illusions," perhaps they weren't completely fake. After all, as she thought to herself before, that time together was certainly real, wasn't it?

With a soft breath, Diana gave a sudden, uncharacteristic smile to the two former "brothers," before speaking her mind.

tumblr_onbyrqrAXs1voqnhpo3_250.png

"Really, if you ask me, you two ought to take some notes from the Myre brothers. Mister Remy, I do think that... it would suit you to be a bit more like Rio, just as it would perhaps suit you to be a little more like Kit, Mister Kliff," Diana said, as though casually giving some friendly advice, before clearing her throat and speaking now in a more reserved manner, "Now, then. I suppose I shan't keep either of you any longer. Once I find my... associate, no doubt she got herself lost in some of the rubble, I'll be on my way home myself. Until then, eh?"

@Takumi @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Glostechk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back