Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary couldn't help but grimace at the sight of the plain, boring bowl of soup that was placed before them. Not even a piece of bread to dip and scoop it up with... Despite however the aroma might tickle her nose, she knew this wouldn't satisfy her hunger. By the end of the year, these "budget cuts" are going to scorch so much of the earth that we'll be reduced to nibbling on charred tree bark and dirt. Oh well, it would simply have to do, and at least it meant she would not linger here for long before slipping off to the library. Thus, with a begrudging grumble, she began to ingest the rustic meal at a fervous pace, seeking to finish it as quickly as politely possible, all while listening to the others banter with Granny.

@Khan of the Mardu @Blacksmith @Raptor Jesus
Stanley had been quiet since they were allowed to leave their respective houses, not really deciding to eat due to his sandwich he ate back at the Hufflepuff house. Instead, Stanley decided to head off to the library and read up on various spells.

When Mary entered the library, Stanley caught a glimpse of her and faced her direction. "Hey Mary." He said with a smile, flicking her a wave as he did so.

@Khan of the Mardu

"Aw, c'mon, Ross, you and I are totally different when it comes to our social lives. Izzy's my first girlfriend, and even then I wouldn't have even realized she was interested in me until Kit clued me in. Heck, it still took me four months after he started dropping hints for me to realize it!" Rio shook his head. "Nah, man, I'm really happy to be with Izzy. And I'm happy you have so many lucky ladies to keep you company."

Rio started to eat his stew again, getting it in his head to start talking Quidditch with Ross. Before that, though, something was kind of nagging at him. "Hey." He looked around at the Hufflepuffs. "Did you guys notice Professor Maximus acting.. I don't know, weird last night? She did come by your dormitory, yeah?"

@Josh @Takumi @Pretentious Pineapple

"Hmm, not really. I didn't notice anything at least," Wisteria spoke up after eating a spoonful of the stew, not seeming to mind its questionable contents. "She came by, but all she did was talk about Quidditch."

She chose to leave out that some of her housemates were prompting to gamble when Maximus had come in. They probably weren't in any actual trouble for that. Probably. Regardless of that though, it seemed doubtful that Rio would just ask a question like that for no reason. So she asked a simple question.

"Why?"

@Yun Lee @Josh @Takumi @Pretentious Pineapple

Last edited:
Man, if only he could've been there for the Quidditch talk...but no. This was important! "Huh. Well..." Rio wuickly glanced around so to make sure no one but the Hufflepuffs at the table could hear him, then said in a low voice, "McGonagall was acting really weird lsst night. Told us to try and stay under Umbridge's radar or something." He shrugged, going back to normal volume. "I don't know. Maybe it's just cuz of their rivalry or something. McGonagall may not have been all that happy about Defense Against Dark Arts getting scrapped."

Was it a risk to bring this up? Oh yeah, absolutely. But Rio was a member of Gryffindor for a reason. Something wasn't right, and people needed to look out. And with Hufflepuff being the house holding the people he cared most about, he wanted them to be safe above all else.

@Kaykay @Josh @Takumi @Pretentious Pineapple

Man, if only he could've been there for the Quidditch talk...but no. This was important! "Huh. Well..." Rio wuickly glanced around so to make sure no one but the Hufflepuffs at the table could hear him, then said in a low voice, "McGonagall was acting really weird lsst night. Told us to try and stay under Umbridge's radar or something." He shrugged, going back to normal volume. "I don't know. Maybe it's just cuz of their rivalry or something. McGonagall may not have been all that happy about Defense Against Dark Arts getting scrapped."

Was it a risk to bring this up? Oh yeah, absolutely. But Rio was a member of Gryffindor for a reason. Something wasn't right, and people needed to look out. And with Hufflepuff being the house holding the people he cared most about, he wanted them to be safe above all else.

@Kaykay @Josh @Takumi @Pretentious Pineapple
Admittedly, Sam wasn't having the best of mornings. He felt miserable, his body aching uncomfortably. While everyone else had gone into the great hall to eat, the pale blond stood crouched just outside the area. His body shook as he fumbled through his pockets to pull out a small, orange pill container. Eventually, he grasped hold of the container but dropped it, grumbling to himself as the pill bottle would roll out of his reach. He moved to quickly retrieve it, hoping if he took his medicine a little early today that he would start to feel better.

Roughly, the boy pulled the top off his pill bottle and popped a crimson shaded pill into his mouth. He swallowed it before tucking the bottle back into his pocket and straightening himself out. Sam took a deep breath afterwards and headed into the great hall. Immediately, his expression contorted into one of disgust upon smelling the aroma of lunch in the air. Ignoring this sensation, his blue eyes darted around the room as he would begin to look around for Mary, Isolde, or anyone else he was comfortable with. He wasn't surprised about being unable to find Mary, figuring that she had most likely gone off to the library to look for the books she had been interested in. In a worst case scenario he could look for her there, although he really didn't want to interrupt her if she was busy.

The longer Sam looked around without spotting anyone he was comfortable with, the louder the room seemed to grow. As he observed them, people seemed larger and so intimidating that he found himself unable to draw in steady breaths. The room started to spin, and almost feared he would faint. Great. He was already feeling sick. The last thing he needed to was to have an anxiety attack in the middle of the room.

Glancing over his shoulder at the exit, Sam was sorely tempted to flee and go to one of the empty classrooms where he could hide away from everyone. Another part of him, however, urged the blond to stay. Being alone would only temporarily quell his anxiety. Finding and sitting with his sister was far more likely to put him at ease with his surroundings. So, he pressed forward and continued looking for Isolde.

While he did not find her just yet, he spotted the guy she liked and found himself groaning in the back of his throat. He had never really cared for the guy. Sam wasn't sure what it was about him, but Rio was irritating. Although he hadn't realized it, he was jealous. Isolde had always been there just for him until she had met this guy and ended up with her attention divided. Regardless, Sam had always been nice to him. He didn't want to treat someone Isolde cared about poorly and, anyhow, he was really too shy to speak with him a lot.

And, although he hated it, right now he was going to bite the bullet and speak with this guy to figure out where Isolde had gone off to.

Not hearing any of the conversation Rio had been having with those around him, Sam gently poked him in the back, his body shaking as he did. The blond had always been... afraid to directly approach people. "H-Hey, do you know where my sister is at? I need to see her," he said, his voice very small and quite likely missable if Rio had been too busy talking to other people at the time. Standing where he was, Sam sort of looked pathetic. He was white as a sheet and looked as if he would jump at the sight of his own shadow. The poor kid just wasn't having a good day. He really needed to see Isolde.

@Yun Lee @Kaykay @Josh @Takumi @Pretentious Pineapple @whoever​

Feelong someone poke his back, Rio turned to find Isolde's little brother behind him. To tell the truth, Rio didn't really know Sam all that well, but he was his girlfriend's little brother, which meant he was okay in Rio's book. He was a sick kid and all, and Isolde adored him, so Rio wanted to look out for him too. Poor kid must have had it rough in Slytherin, what with that snobby Ian and headstrong Mary.

"Hey, Sam!" Rio gave Sam a warm smile. "Y'know, that's what I'm trying to find out, too. I can help you look for her, if you want."

@Neko Shogun

Feelong someone poke his back, Rio turned to find Isolde's little brother behind him. To tell the truth, Rio didn't really know Sam all that well, but he was his girlfriend's little brother, which meant he was okay in Rio's book. He was a sick kid and all, and Isolde adored him, so Rio wanted to look out for him too. Poor kid must have had it rough in Slytherin, what with that snobby Ian and headstrong Mary.

"Hey, Sam!" Rio gave Sam a warm smile. "Y'know, that's what I'm trying to find out, too. I can help you look for her, if you want."

@Neko Shogun
Sam immediately recoiled at the sight of Rio's smile, drawing his hands back closely to his own chest. His cheeks reddened afterwards from the sheer embarrassment of, well, existing. He kept his gaze locked with the floor, uncertain if he wanted to endure this guy's company for the sake of locating his sister. But, as much as he hated to admit it, if he stuck around Rio long enough the chances of running into his sister were bound to be higher. "I-If you think you know somewhere she might be then I guess we could look for her together." The blonde swallowed a lump in his throat after speaking and nervously adjusted his shirt collar. If only he knew a spell to abolish his accursed anxiety...

@Yun Lee

"All right! Oh-one second." Rio grabbed his stew bowl and drank down whatever contents were left, wiping his mouth with his sleeve. "I'm gonna go look for Izzy," he told the table. "See you guys around!" He started off for the door, beckoning for Sam to follow. "Let's try the library first," he suggested. "There are a few places Izzy could be, but she may be there."

@Neko Shogun

"All right! Oh-one second." Rio grabbed his stew bowl and drank down whatever contents were left, wiping his mouth with his sleeve. "I'm gonna go look for Izzy," he told the table. "See you guys around!" He started off for the door, beckoning for Sam to follow. "Let's try the library first," he suggested. "There are a few places Izzy could be, but she may be there."

@Neko Shogun
Sam waited quietly for Rio to finish his stew, not bothering to look at any of the individuals Rio had been conversing with. He flinched when Rio would beckon at him to follow, but nodded and began to walk after him. He had actually been contemplating on going to the library anyhow just to look for Mary so maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to head over there first. "She goes there sometimes," he began to say, his voice soft and timid, "to check out books for me when I'm feeling too sick to check them out myself." Thankfully, even though he was feeling a bit sick, today was not one of those days. As much as he enjoyed the comfort of Isolde helping him, he didn't like being a bother to her.

@Yun Lee

Rio smiled at that. "Yeah...that's Izzy, all right." The tone in his voice made it clear how he felt about his girlfriend. Rio wasn't the most romantic guy, nor the most observant...but he really admired Isolde. As far as he was concerned, Ross could have every girl in this school. There was only one he ever wanted or needed.

You know, now was the perfect time to bond with her little brother! Samael was so shy...maybe this could help him break out of his shell. "Yo, Sam. Got any idea what N.E.W.T.s you'll be taking next year?"

@Neko Shogun

Stanley had been quiet since they were allowed to leave their respective houses, not really deciding to eat due to his sandwich he ate back at the Hufflepuff house. Instead, Stanley decided to head off to the library and read up on various spells.

When Mary entered the library, Stanley caught a glimpse of her and faced her direction. "Hey Mary." He said with a smile, flicking her a wave as he did so.

@Khan of the Mardu

The library was vast and dimly lit and there didn't seem to be anyone else other than the librarian doing her librarian work behind the counter. She didn't seem to have actually noticed the others entering yet too into her own work.​

@Raptor Jesus @Khan of the Mardu @Blacksmith

Rio smiled at that. "Yeah...that's Izzy, all right." The tone in his voice made it clear how he felt about his girlfriend. Rio wasn't the most romantic guy, nor the most observant...but he really admired Isolde. As far as he was concerned, Ross could have every girl in this school. There was only one he ever wanted or needed.

You know, now was the perfect time to bond with her little brother! Samael was so shy...maybe this could help him break out of his shell. "Yo, Sam. Got any idea what N.E.W.T.s you'll be taking next year?"

@Neko Shogun

Bonding would have to wait as a girl skipped up to the duo. "Hiya!" The girl said smiling widely at the two. Rio and Sam recognized the girl as Sandra Mellanox, a 4th year student from Hufflepuff holding a quill and a clipboard. "Could I ask you two to sign a petition to save the North American Thunderbird? Every year they lose more and more of their territory and according to statistics by 2020 it will be all but extinct in the wild!" She smiled gently and rather forcefully, if in a friendly way, pushed the clipboard on them. "Every name counts!"

@Yun Lee @Neko Shogun

"Hm? Oh, hey Sandra!" Rio waved at the fourth year, happily taking the quill and signing his name. "You better believe I'd help out a fellow flyer in any way I could!"

@Jeremi @Neko Shogun

"Hm? Oh, hey Sandra!" Rio waved at the fourth year, happily taking the quill and signing his name. "You better believe I'd help out a fellow flyer in any way I could!"

@Jeremi @Neko Shogun

"Amazing! Thank you so much!" She exclaims before smiling. "I'm doing my best to fill out the entire paper by the end of the day! We have to save the animals that can't protect themselves!"

@Yun Lee @Neko Shogun

Melody was chewing the last of the bread she look and saw the library in sight, not thinking things through, she ran to the library loudly and the three could hear here,
“Hey! It’s nice to see you agai-”
Her energetic sentence was cut off by her ramming into Mary like a bull, which caused both to fall down. Melody looked at her.
“Oh my goodness! I’m so sorry! Are you alright?!..Wow, why is just about everybody in the library? Some secret club?”
Melody got up and looked stupidly at everybody.

@Blacksmith @Khan of the Mardu @Raptor Jesus

@Khan of the Mardu

The library was vast and dimly lit and there didn't seem to be anyone else other than the librarian doing her librarian work behind the counter. She didn't seem to have actually noticed the others entering yet too into her own work.​

Bonding would have to wait as a girl skipped up to the duo. "Hiya!" The girl said smiling widely at the two. Rio and Sam recognized the girl as Sandra Mellanox, a 4th year student from Hufflepuff holding a quill and a clipboard. "Could I ask you two to sign a petition to save the North American Thunderbird? Every year they lose more and more of their territory and according to statistics by 2020 it will be all but extinct in the wild!" She smiled gently and rather forcefully, if in a friendly way, pushed the clipboard on them. "Every name counts!"

@Yun Lee @Neko Shogun

Without even thinking, Mary flicked a wave back with a nod towards Stanley, another of her friends from around the school. However, she didn't say a word within the confines of the library that were not necessary, knowing she could say hello or invite him to the study session later. Unlike him, she didn't dare risk responding vocally, as the librarian was... well, Madam Pince had a reputation for eyeballing any student who might become disruptive or a detriment to her library, and Mary knew she was on the short list of people to watch out for already given her antics. Even six years of respecting the library's atmosphere and contents wasn't enough to defrost the woman in charge of it...
Melody was chewing the last of the bread she look and saw the library in sight, not thinking things through, she ran to the library loudly and the three could hear here,
“Hey! It’s nice to see you agai-”
Her energetic sentence was cut off by her ramming into Mary like a bull, which caused both to fall down. Melody looked at her.
“Oh my goodness! I’m so sorry! Are you alright?!..Wow, why is just about everybody in the library? Some secret club?”
Melody got up and looked stupidly at everybody.

@Blacksmith @Khan of the Mardu @Raptor Jesus
Especially if you were the magnet of clumsy oafs who didn't know how to keep quiet or watch where they were going. A grunt cut right past her lips as the idiot slammed into her back, sending her sprawling to the floor with a wince. What she wouldn't do to be able to quietly hex someone right about now... "Shut up!" Quiet, yet also sharp, curt, and to the point was the only tone that could possibly measure up to any of the true irritation that Melody caused Mary as she scowled away at the jabbering girl. Her voice remained low, almost guttural with the growl she used through gnashed teeth, "Some of us are just trying to study without idiots barreling into them... but no, keep thinking there's a secret society within the library. That's definitely a better use of your time than watching where you're going, I'm sure."

With that, Miss Pleiades spun on her foot and walked away from from Melody with a grumble, rubbing gently at the elbow that had impacted with the ground first. After a moment of self-comforting, her hands moved to the next task of importance, digging out the note with the name of the book she required. A Restricted Section book... hopefully, the note was legitimate enough and could serve as a teacher's request that the librarian would have to fulfill if presented to her, or else snatching up the tome would be a hard-sell.

@Jeremi @MelodyMeister @Raptor Jesus

@Neko Shogun

@Yun Lee @Neko Shogun
Sam hated it when people asked him questions. Although Rio's intent was good, the blond suddenly found himself uncomfortable again, his mind going blank. It wasn't as if the question was difficult either, Sam was just having a rough time answering. He steeled himself, however, and began to answer the other teen. "Ah, u-um, history and--"

The blond cut himself off, eyes widening when Sandra would approach them about signing a petition. It wasn't as if he didn't want to sign it, Sam just didn't really want to deal with people. He stepped behind Rio and honestly hoped she wouldn't say anything else to him.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi

"Oh yeah, totally! You're doing great!" Huh? Oh, Sam was hiding from Sandra. Poor kid...oh! Right! Izzy! He almost forgot... "I actually need to go to the library now, but good luck with those signatures!"

@Jeremi @Neko Shogun

Without even thinking, Mary flicked a wave back with a nod towards Stanley, another of her friends from around the school. However, she didn't say a word within the confines of the library that were not necessary, knowing she could say hello or invite him to the study session later. Unlike him, she didn't dare risk responding vocally, as the librarian was... well, Madam Pince had a reputation for eyeballing any student who might become disruptive or a detriment to her library, and Mary knew she was on the short list of people to watch out for already given her antics. Even six years of respecting the library's atmosphere and contents wasn't enough to defrost the woman in charge of it...

Especially if you were the magnet of clumsy oafs who didn't know how to keep quiet or watch where they were going. A grunt cut right past her lips as the idiot slammed into her back, sending her sprawling to the floor with a wince. What she wouldn't do to be able to quietly hex someone right about now... "Shut up!" Quiet, yet also sharp, curt, and to the point was the only tone that could possibly measure up to any of the true irritation that Melody caused Mary as she scowled away at the jabbering girl. Her voice remained low, almost guttural with the growl she used through gnashed teeth, "Some of us are just trying to study without idiots barreling into them... but no, keep thinking there's a secret society within the library. That's definitely a better use of your time than watching where you're going, I'm sure."

With that, Miss Pleiades spun on her foot and walked away from from Melody with a grumble, rubbing gently at the elbow that had impacted with the ground first. After a moment of self-comforting, her hands moved to the next task of importance, digging out the note with the name of the book she required. A Restricted Section book... hopefully, the note was legitimate enough and could serve as a teacher's request that the librarian would have to fulfill if presented to her, or else snatching up the tome would be a hard-sell.

@Jeremi @MelodyMeister @Raptor Jesus

The group could hear the shushing of the librarian, and that seemed to be the extent of energy she wanted to use up for this specific mission, being deep in what seemed to be far more important work.

Following the notes instructions it didn't take Mary long to find the designated place of what she could assume was a book at the end of it all. The only thing separating Mary and the restricted section was a piece of flimsy rope blocking it out, potentially the librarian as well, though she did seem to be preoccupied for the moment. Who knows how much longer that was going to take though. Looking at the note again the book could be found on the second shelf to the left somewhere in the middle.​

@Khan of the Mardu @MelodyMeister @Raptor Jesus

Sam hated it when people asked him questions. Although Rio's intent was good, the blond suddenly found himself uncomfortable again, his mind going blank. It wasn't as if the question was difficult either, Sam was just having a rough time answering. He steeled himself, however, and began to answer the other teen. "Ah, u-um, history and--"

The blond cut himself off, eyes widening when Sandra would approach them about signing a petition. It wasn't as if he didn't want to sign it, Sam just didn't really want to deal with people. He stepped behind Rio and honestly hoped she wouldn't say anything else to him.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi

As if suddenly noticing Sam, Sandra was ready to pounce when

"Oh yeah, totally! You're doing great!" Huh? Oh, Sam was hiding from Sandra. Poor kid...oh! Right! Izzy! He almost forgot... "I actually need to go to the library now, but good luck with those signatures!"

@Jeremi @Neko Shogun

Not having time to react Sandra could only helplessly watch as Rio and Sam scampered off. "O-oh, thank you! I will do my best!" She shouted after them waving as she did so.

It didn't take them long to find the library and the rest of the group that had gathered there for some reason.

@Yun Lee @Neko Shogun

The group could hear the shushing of the librarian, and that seemed to be the extent of energy she wanted to use up for this specific mission, being deep in what seemed to be far more important work.

Following the notes instructions it didn't take Mary long to find the designated place of what she could assume was a book at the end of it all. The only thing separating Mary and the restricted section was a piece of flimsy rope blocking it out, potentially the librarian as well, though she did seem to be preoccupied for the moment. Who knows how much longer that was going to take though. Looking at the note again the book could be found on the second shelf to the left somewhere in the middle.​

Not having time to react Sandra could only helplessly watch as Rio and Sam scampered off. "O-oh, thank you! I will do my best!" She shouted after them waving as she did so.

It didn't take them long to find the library and the rest of the group that had gathered there for some reason.

@Yun Lee @Neko Shogun
"Yo!" Rio called out to the group in the library, before remembering where he was. "Er...yo. You guys seen Izz-er, Isolde around?"

@Jeremi @Neko Shogun @Khan of the Mardu @MelodyMeister @Raptor Jesus
Sam was ever so thankful that Rio managed to pull them away in time to escape Sandra's wrath. He trailed along behind Rio, peeking over his shoulder when they would enter the library. Samael found it a comfort that the area was somewhat quiet when they arrived, but that didn't mean he was entirely pleased. His eyes began to scan the area, trying to hunt down his sister. A small whimper escaped his lips when he would fail to see her.

Was something going on with her?

Usually, she wasn't this difficult to locate... The thought of not seeing her at all today somehow managed to make his anxiety skyrocket even further and his body started to tremble. He remained behind Rio and said nothing to the others, hoping the friendlier male's question would be enough to grab the library group's attention. Without thinking about it, Sam reached out and grabbed the back of Rio's shirt, giving it a couple of meek tugs. He looked like a scared little boy trying to garner the attention of a parent.

"It doesn't look like she's in here," he muttered timidly, dropping his gaze down to the floor. He allowed his blond bangs to fall in his face and hide his eyes, realizing that they had actually begun to tear up. He inwardly cursed at himself, upset that he could be so pathetic. He relied on Isolde way too much, as if she were a security blanket he could cling to whenever he felt distressed. But what if something happened someday and he couldn't be around her as much? Or worse, what if something bad happened to her and he never saw her again?

The very thought almost made Sam want to break down right in the middle of the library. He needed to toughen up and he knew it. He was in his sixth year of Hogwarts for goodness sake. If he wanted to make something of his life he needed to get his act together, but...

...maybe he'd try doing that another day when he was feeling better. Yeah, that was as good a plan as any.

Right now he would be content with clinging to Isolde like a baby monkey. At least, whenever they found her.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @MelodyMeister @Raptor Jesus

@Yun Lee @Neko Shogun
Stanley had remained silent as they walked throughout the library, tempted to tell Melody to quiet down as well before Mary stepped in and did the deed for him. With a book about the different spells and wizardry in his left hand, Stanley shoved his right hand in his pocket as he followed Mary throughout the library, glancing down at his book occasionally as he did so.

Once they reached the closed off area, Stanley was about to advise Mary that it wasn't such a good idea to cross the ropes, when suddenly Sam, one of Mary's friends that he himself was fond of, entered along with Rio, the jock that everyone seemed to adore except Stanley.

Pushing his glassed back up onto his nose, Stanley openly scoffed at the jock before speaking. "Hmph... I never thought I'd see the day when a jock like you enter the library of all places." Stanley said before turning back to his book. "...and no, I have not seen Isolde." He said, hoping to shoo him away to avoid as much interaction as possible.

@Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Yun Lee @Neko Shogun @MelodyMeister

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back