Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandra nodded in excitement at what Nikki was saying. "Right?! It's only fair for Muggles and Wizards to do their part in trying to reduce their burden on the planet! The animals were here long before us after all!" Realizing Nikki was looking for something to write with Sandra handed over her quill. "Like I said, every name counts!"

@Archmage Jeremiah

Noticing the quill as it was offered to her, Nikki accepted with a hollow smile and practiced thank-you as she leaned in to sign her name onto the paper. 'Nikki Hilton-Lynn' was printed onto the page in very rigid, but immaculately neat writing that at first glance could be mistaken for a digital font. "Yeah...it just feels like we're so outspoken, though," she added while she traced back to dot her i's with rings, "I remember way back before I first came to Hogwarts, I got into so many arguments with my teacher about global warming," Nikki recalled with a much more genuine smile than her last, "If the world's getting hotter, then why is it still snowing? she'd say,"

@Jeremi @open for interaction

Keith Carter - Library
@Jeremi
"Lean on those you trust and you will survive. I promise."
Thanks to these haunting words, Keith did not sleep well last night. There was an awful familiarity about them for some reason, and the fact that McGonagall was the one who said it made it even more unsettling. He would eventually fall asleep at about 2:00 AM, but he wouldn't get through the night without a nightmare.

█̧̺̘͎͕͇̬̫͈͚̤̫͈̬͓̄̀́ͩ͑̃̎͌ͯͫ̈́ͯͥ̐ͬ̚ͅ█̴̉̆͑͑́̄̒́̚͢͏̢̝̹̬̩█̵̵̦̼̬̞̖͕͓̻͎̰͎̳̞͍̠̄̈ͩ̆͆̀ͯ̓̏̕?̴̸̨̢͎̲̤͕̣ͨ̈̌̑̃̿ͨ͑̀̊̆͑̒̓̄ͮͭ ̶̸̢̪͎͈̯̝̳̙͙͙̥ͯͤ̀̐ͦͧͮ͐͊͒ͥ͛ͪͥ̉̊̕͝ͅW̔̉̍̋̓̅́̍͢҉҉̵̹͖̦̺̥̜̖̱̜̻̜͍͍̺͍̬͚h̨ͮ͆̂̃̈҉̧͇̼͔̜͜ę͈̭̥̤͙̠͙͉̜̲͈͑́̀̂̃̇̔́ͫ̄̓̀̅̾͋ͥ̉͜͞͝r̷̛̗̪̠̞̞̼̩̭̲̹͕̪̳̼̬̜ͯ̎̓ͩ͒͘e̓ͣ̅̏҉̠͎̫̺̲̠̘́ ̗̘̮̫̬̭̳̤͚͖̩̟̔ͭͦ̓̊̓̓̓ͦͪ̾̀́͡a̴̴̛̠͔̺̫̲̺̮̰̯̝̙̘͔̝͙͔̮ͧ͑̑ͮ͊̌̽̈́͋̒ͩ͛̽͋͂̎ͧ́ͫr̡̝̝̗̲̪̺͂̈̃̍ͯͪ̃̄̈͑̿̒͌͋̇̅̀͟ͅeͮͪ́͑̏̋̑̂̇̿ͦͧ̀ͪ͋͏͟͏̞̞̰̯̯̭̤̦͔̕͜ ͇̤͙͔̳̣̣̪̠͕͍̣͕̝̼ͭ́ͪ̽̉ͥ̂ͦͤͨ͊̿͟y̷̸̨̟̖̜͓͓̜̯̮͈͉̰̻̙͕ͭ̉͐̏ͦͨ́̇̈́̔͝ơ̿͒̅̽̊̂͒̂̌̄ͧͮ̃̐̃͏͘҉̹̣̞̟̲̖̭͚̣̘̤̘ͅũ̵̴̥̬̜̮̜̭͙̪͉̬̥̥͆ͨ̔̌̿̒͂ͩ̍̀ͣ́́̇̚͝?ͪ͌͂͒̈͑̈͑͒̇̈́͟҉̯̣̟̣̺̦̪̣̬̺͕̞̩͕̙̮͕̜"

Keith walked around aimlessly, searching for a way to satiate his boredom. But no matter where he went, nothing seemed to have any color to it. He eventually found himself in the library, and a sudden sense of mental pain came over him as he was reminded of something.
"As you all know the 7th year students have the the N.E.W.T. exam this year and I figured I'd just say that give it your all, you all want to strive for the best, yes?"

Give it my all? Who does she think I am? Some kind of master wizard?

Still, he did promise to the entire house of Gryffindor that he'd do better this year. Why did he do that? Graduating the seventh year would no doubt be much more difficult in comparison to the previous years due to the N.E.W.T exam. They don't call it "nastily exhausting" for no reason. He sighed and then peered around at the various books that were around. Might as well study, I guess. Not like I have anything better to do anyway.

He would look around for A Guide to Advanced Transfiguration and would sit down and begin reading it if he found it. Although he would try studying, it was likely that he wouldn't study very hard.​

Last edited:
Noticing the quill as it was offered to her, Nikki accepted with a hollow smile and practiced thank-you as she leaned in to sign her name onto the paper. 'Nikki Hilton-Lynn' was printed onto the page in very rigid, but immaculately neat writing that at first glance could be mistaken for a digital font. "Yeah...it just feels like we're so outspoken, though," she added while she traced back to dot her i's with rings, "I remember way back before I first came to Hogwarts, I got into so many arguments with my teacher about global warming," Nikki recalled with a much more genuine smile than her last, "If the world's getting hotter, then why is it still snowing? she'd say,"

"Muggles or wizards, just as wacky if you ask me." Sandra replied with a grin. "Wizarding world doesn't care about Muggle science anyway, so I'm pretty sure they don't even know what global warming is! My grand mother on my mother's side doesn't understand anything! I'm not saying we should work together but...yeah it's what it is." The 4th year shrugged.

@Archmage Jeremiah

Keith Carter - Library
@Jeremi

Thanks to these haunting words, Keith did not sleep well last night. There was an awful familiarity about these words for some reason, and the fact that McGonagall was the one who said it made it even more unsettling. He would eventually fall asleep at about 2:00 AM, but he wouldn't get through the night without a nightmare.

█̧̺̘͎͕͇̬̫͈͚̤̫͈̬͓̄̀́ͩ͑̃̎͌ͯͫ̈́ͯͥ̐ͬ̚ͅ█̴̉̆͑͑́̄̒́̚͢͏̢̝̹̬̩█̵̵̦̼̬̞̖͕͓̻͎̰͎̳̞͍̠̄̈ͩ̆͆̀ͯ̓̏̕?̴̸̨̢͎̲̤͕̣ͨ̈̌̑̃̿ͨ͑̀̊̆͑̒̓̄ͮͭ ̶̸̢̪͎͈̯̝̳̙͙͙̥ͯͤ̀̐ͦͧͮ͐͊͒ͥ͛ͪͥ̉̊̕͝ͅW̔̉̍̋̓̅́̍͢҉҉̵̹͖̦̺̥̜̖̱̜̻̜͍͍̺͍̬͚h̨ͮ͆̂̃̈҉̧͇̼͔̜͜ę͈̭̥̤͙̠͙͉̜̲͈͑́̀̂̃̇̔́ͫ̄̓̀̅̾͋ͥ̉͜͞͝r̷̛̗̪̠̞̞̼̩̭̲̹͕̪̳̼̬̜ͯ̎̓ͩ͒͘e̓ͣ̅̏҉̠͎̫̺̲̠̘́ ̗̘̮̫̬̭̳̤͚͖̩̟̔ͭͦ̓̊̓̓̓ͦͪ̾̀́͡a̴̴̛̠͔̺̫̲̺̮̰̯̝̙̘͔̝͙͔̮ͧ͑̑ͮ͊̌̽̈́͋̒ͩ͛̽͋͂̎ͧ́ͫr̡̝̝̗̲̪̺͂̈̃̍ͯͪ̃̄̈͑̿̒͌͋̇̅̀͟ͅeͮͪ́͑̏̋̑̂̇̿ͦͧ̀ͪ͋͏͟͏̞̞̰̯̯̭̤̦͔̕͜ ͇̤͙͔̳̣̣̪̠͕͍̣͕̝̼ͭ́ͪ̽̉ͥ̂ͦͤͨ͊̿͟y̷̸̨̟̖̜͓͓̜̯̮͈͉̰̻̙͕ͭ̉͐̏ͦͨ́̇̈́̔͝ơ̿͒̅̽̊̂͒̂̌̄ͧͮ̃̐̃͏͘҉̹̣̞̟̲̖̭͚̣̘̤̘ͅũ̵̴̥̬̜̮̜̭͙̪͉̬̥̥͆ͨ̔̌̿̒͂ͩ̍̀ͣ́́̇̚͝?ͪ͌͂͒̈͑̈͑͒̇̈́͟҉̯̣̟̣̺̦̪̣̬̺͕̞̩͕̙̮͕̜"

Keith walked around aimlessly, searching for a way to satiate his boredom. But no matter where he went, nothing seemed to have any color to it. He eventually found himself in the library, and a sudden sense of mental pain came over him as he was reminded of something.

Give it my all? Who does she think I am? Some kind of master wizard?

Still, he did promise to the entire house of Gryffindor that he'd do better this year. Why did he do that? Graduating the seventh year would no doubt be much more difficult in comparison to the previous years due to the N.E.W.T exam. They don't call it "nastily exhausting" for no reason. He sighed and then peered around at the various books that were around. Might as well study, I guess. Not like I have anything better to do anyway.

He would look around for A Guide to Advanced Transfiguration and would sit down and begin reading it if he found it. Although he would try studying, it was likely that he wouldn't study very hard.​

It didn't take long for Keith to find the book. As he sat down to read it he found that one of the pages were ear marked. If he looked it up he'd find that the page in question was about how one would conjure Fiendfyre. Curious how something like that was marked...

@Otto

"Muggles or wizards, just as wacky if you ask me." Sandra replied with a grin. "Wizarding world doesn't care about Muggle science anyway, so I'm pretty sure they don't even know what global warming is! My grand mother on my mother's side doesn't understand anything! I'm not saying we should work together but...yeah it's what it is." The 4th year shrugged.

Nikki chuckled at the sentiment. "Activists should stick together," was her response as she returned Sandra's quill, "And if you're free after class, I'd like to learn more about what you're doing. Maybe even get some extra signatures?" she added with a smile that exuded confidence.

❝ I take it that you're still working on this particular spell. Hm? ❞ Julius tapped on the other's shoulder. It didn't take long for him to notice on what Gavin's been up to, especially if they had recently arrived back for another year at Hogwarts. While he didn't feel the need to mingle so much with other people, the spell that was in question sounded interesting. Essentially, Julius wanted at least a bit of a taste of it.

❝ Unless it's too much to ask for, I'd like a brief rundown on what this spell can do. I might have some pointers to give you, if any may come up to mind. ❞ The thought of actually asking someone on how a spell worked was a rare thing for Julius to do, but he intended to come out of this with at least something to take away from it all.

@York @Jeremi @ppl
Gavin Bentley
@Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Others?

Gavin jumped a little in his seat, nearly falling right over when Julius suddenly tapped him on the shoulder. He certainly hadn't expected company as he worked on one of his spells, much less the fact that there was some apparent interest in his spells in the first place. However, once the initial shock came to pass, it soon was replaced with excitement, as he rarely had the chance to share his spells, outside of when it was neccessary for some class assignment, that is.

"R-Really? Well... Ah... It's quite simply really." He said, pointing to a rather messy clump of notes at the beginning.

"To put it simply, it's a 'following' spell, hah. I always found it troublesome to have to maintain line of sight to hit something, or someone with a spell... So... This spell is supposed to, follow your target." He started, then he paused.

"But... Of course, I had to think of something that it could do... So... Ah... I decided to make it give someone a good... Shock for now... Just so I know it works..." He trailed off a little, rubbing his chin.

"Alas... While I got the shock part down... I still can't get the spell to follow its target. The most that's happened is... It's curved..."
It looks like Gavin was quite passionate about his work, so much so that he seemed to have forgotten about his nervousness, for the time being anyways.

Though, perhaps in the process, he may have said a little too much.​

Ian Miles the Fourth

After an okay lunch, he had watched the group make their way to the library. He choose to follow and observe and after seeing Mary leave with the book, he would decided to pursue that avenue later. If they got caught, he didn't want to be involved in that whole debacle, especially when the NEWT exams were involved. He decided to look through the library shelves to see if anything else was 'misplaced' or out of line. Sometimes there were things hidden in plain sight. He knew the librarian wouldn't care. She had barely noticed anything else. The poor women was hopeless and he almost felt sympathy, but that was one of the few things that the Miles line never showed, sympathy for the foe.

@Jeremi

Keith Carter - Library
@Jeremi
It didn't take long for Keith to find the book. As he sat down to read it he found that one of the pages were ear marked. If he looked it up he'd find that the page in question was about how one would conjure Fiendfyre. Curious how something like that was marked...
@Otto
Keith wasn't all that focused, in fact, he was on the verge of drifting off before he noticed an ear marked page. A spark of interest emerged within the desolate landscape that was his mind. He lazily flipped to it, and soon he encountered a page about Fiendfyre. It took him a moment to process what he was seeing. His eyes grew wide.

"What the fuck?" Keith audibly exclaimed as he stared at the page in question. What the hell is a curse doing in a book about transfiguration...? He looked around nervously as light amounts of sweat became visible on his face. Something wasn't right here. But, what was he to do? Tell the librarian about it? That was probably the right thing to do... but what if she was the one behind this?

Nonsense. This must be the work of a Slytherin tampering with books or something...

He would seek out the librarian, and if he found her, he would say in a relatively quiet voice, "Uh... ma'am? This book appears to have a page about... Fiendfyre... perhaps someone tampered with it? It's not safe to have this lying around..." He was extremely nervous, but the fact that he mustered enough confidence to do this in the first place is clear evidence as to why he was a Gryffindor.

Melody, as much of a ditzy person she is, noticed Ian was also heading for the library, and laughed slightly as she passed by Keith as well, there usually wasn’t THAT much people at library, perhaps there is a secret society in the library. Or just a secret society, she can’t make up her mind. She began to go back to the Gryffindor Tower and said the password to the fat lady, before going back to her dorm and doing her homework.
“Hmm..Let’s see, If I finish my homework first, then I can go to class and then see what everyone’s doing..thinking about it, there were a lot of book missing from the restricted section..Oh, never Mind! I’ll just take a peak at everyone’s books once I’m done!”
It seems that Melody might be working for a while, much to the pleasure of everyone else’s ears.

Ian Miles the Fourth

After an okay lunch, he had watched the group make their way to the library. He choose to follow and observe and after seeing Mary leave with the book, he would decided to pursue that avenue later. If they got caught, he didn't want to be involved in that whole debacle, especially when the NEWT exams were involved. He decided to look through the library shelves to see if anything else was 'misplaced' or out of line. Sometimes there were things hidden in plain sight. He knew the librarian wouldn't care. She had barely noticed anything else. The poor women was hopeless and he almost felt sympathy, but that was one of the few things that the Miles line never showed, sympathy for the foe.

@Jeremi

Ian didn't seem to find anything misplaced among the bookshelves. If anything they seemed too perfect in how they were set up. Seems like the librarian if very scatterbrained, could keep the shelves in working order.

@Lucky

Nikki chuckled at the sentiment. "Activists should stick together," was her response as she returned Sandra's quill, "And if you're free after class, I'd like to learn more about what you're doing. Maybe even get some extra signatures?" she added with a smile that exuded confidence.

This lit Sandra's face right up. "You would?! You're the only one that has asked me about what I'm doing..." See was silent for a moment before speaking again. "I'd love to! Meet me at the Great Hall after our next classes okay?"

@Archmage Jeremiah

Keith Carter - Library
@Jeremi

Keith wasn't all that focused, in fact, he was on the verge of drifting off before he noticed an ear marked page. A spark of interest emerged within the desolate landscape that was his mind. He lazily flipped to it, and soon he encountered a page about Fiendfyre. It took him a moment to process what he was seeing. His eyes grew wide.

"What the fuck?" Keith audibly exclaimed as he stared at the page in question. What the hell is a curse doing in a book about transfiguration...? He looked around nervously as light amounts of sweat became visible on his face. Something wasn't right here. But, what was he to do? Tell the librarian about it? That was probably the right thing to do... but what if she was the one behind this?

Nonsense. This must be the work of a Slytherin tampering with books or something...

He would seek out the librarian, and if he found her, he would say in a relatively quiet voice, "Uh... ma'am? This book appears to have a page about... Fiendfyre... perhaps someone tampered with it? It's not safe to have this lying around..." He was extremely nervous, but the fact that he mustered enough confidence to do this in the first place is clear evidence as to why he was a Gryffindor.

The librarian stopped what she was doing and lowered her glasses to look at Keith. "Fiendfyre you say? Hand over that book now would you?" Flipping through it for a moment she just chuckled for a moment before handing it back to him. "A rather interesting jape, but you should actually try to next time make it more convincing."

If Keith looked up the page again he found that it was page five in a ten page long description about complications in iguana transfiguration.

@Otto

Keith Carter - Library
@Jeremi
The librarian stopped what she was doing and lowered her glasses to look at Keith. "Fiendfyre you say? Hand over that book now would you?" Flipping through it for a moment she just chuckled for a moment before handing it back to him. "A rather interesting jape, but you should actually try to next time make it more convincing."

If Keith looked up the page again he found that it was page five in a ten page long description about complications in iguana transfiguration.
Keith got a knot in his stomach as he held the book in his hands once again, noticing that the page was no longer about Fiendfyre. "Oh uh... sorry. I guess I didn't get enough sleep last night, so I read this wrong..." He cleared his throat and then continued speaking. "A-anyway, could I borrow this book? It would be very important for my... studies."

He knew for a fact that what he saw was no hallucination. There were dark secrets hiding beneath the surface that only he could see (when he is alone, apparently). He'd have to investigate the book more thoroughly when he got back to his dormitory. It was his responsibility. He never really cared much about Hogwarts or its students, but he wanted to keep people safe.

For once, something in this damn school actually made him feel alive. Was this what it was like to be interested in something?​

Last edited:
Keith Carter - Library
@Jeremi

Keith got a knot in his stomach as he held the book in his hands once again, noticing that the page was no longer about Fiendfyre. "Oh uh... sorry. I guess I didn't get enough sleep last night, so I read this wrong..." He cleared his throat and then continued speaking. "A-anyway, could I borrow this book? It would be very important for my... studies."

He knew for a fact that what he saw was no hallucination. There were dark secrets hiding beneath the surface that only he could see (when he is alone). He'd have to investigate the book more thoroughly when he got back to his dormitory. It was his responsibility.

For once, something in this damn school actually made him feel alive. Was this what it was like to be interested in something?​

"Well mister, this is the library." The librarian responded. "You're a 7th year student, yes? Good to get an early reading for the N.E.W.T.S. is what I always say...if anyone would actually speak to me outside of work, that is." Despite making the conversation uncomfortable they did the necessary things for Keith to lend the book. "Make sure to return it in a weeks time! Otherwise you will receive a fine!"

@Otto

Melody, excited to start discussing the book with the others, such as Rio, finished her homework with haste, she could edit her mistakes after class anyways, so she ran for the hall, carying her two books with her, unable to contain her excitement. As she was heading to the library, she didn't notice she dropped that wailing book, Magick Moste Evile. It closed loudly, and that dreaded wailing sound played out in the hallway connecting to the Great Hall.

Everyone must have heard it, a third year, carrying a book that surely sure couldn't have borrowed legally.

Melody froze, and dashed to the library even quicker, as well as having her wand in her grasps, she didn't know what she was going to use it for, but she gripped the handle tightly, this only brought more attention, as she heard a teacher behind her.
"Oh fu..fudge! I've really messed up this time..Keith! Out of the way!..Flipendo!"
She saw herself getting closer and closer to Keith, and out of fear and irrational thinking, hit him with a knockback spell, hoping he was strong enough to block it. Her head was a mess, her ponytail was loose and her hair flew around her hair, she gripped on her potions book. She was only thinking how hectic it was, how a normal welcome day with maybe a few strange thefts turned into one of a nightmare for her.

Well, as long as that teacher wasn't Mcgonagall or Umbridge..right?
Thinking about it, is there even a teacher chasing her?
@Jeremi @Otto @Everybody else in the library.

Ian Miles IV

Ian raised a skeptical eyebrow as he looked at the perfect arrangement of books and decided to remove one. He did need to get some reading done for his classes and he did know where the book he wanted was. He was thankful that everything was so perfectly placed though. It made his life easier.

@Jeremi @Library crew

Chapter 1 – Darkened skies

The striking of the bell in the clock tower signaled the end of the first period and the start of classes once again. As everyone scurried to their respective class the halls of the castle fell silent.

From there the rest of the day went on as normal with no problems. Nikki was however to be disappointed due to Sandra not showing up at the Great Hall, but other than that everything went on as usual as everyone went to the dorms and to bed for the night.

However, some time during the middle of the night each of the houses heard heavy commotions coming from outside the dorms. If anyone was bold enough to get out of bed to see what it was all about realized that they were trapped inside their dorms for the night.

September 2, 2002

In the morning instead of making it to classes the Head of each house would enter and instruct them to head to the Great Hall for an emergency meeting. As everyone took their seats Hogwarts illustrious headmistress Dolores Umbridge went up to the podium. No one could quite tell what this was all about, especially not by Umbridge’s expression. “Dear children…it’s with a heavy heart that I must inform you that…there has been an…accident during the night. I assure you all that it is nothing that you children need to worry about however. I and the faculty are working on it as we speak, you just worry those heads of yours on the academic part of it all.” As Umbridge said that lips pursed. “This next order of business however does concern you. It has come to my knowledge that there has been a theft of numerous highly volatile and highly important books from the libraries restricted section. ”

Umbridged sighed heavily before continuing. “Despite the severity of this, if anyone knows something or if the culprits themselves step up then no formal punishment will be delivered to anyone.” Umbridged waited for someone to speak up, but she was only met by silence. “No matter,” She finally said looking mighty pleased with herself. “You had your chance to come clean but now I and the faculty will have to take this into our own hands. You will be found and will get what is coming for you. Have a pleasant day of school, children.” With that the gathering was abruptly ended and all teachers and students returned to their regular routine of classes. Though there wasn’t much teaching being done since everyone seemed to be talking about this accident that had occurred. No one seemed to know what this was all about.

It was a dark and cloudy day as lunch came around with rain hitting the windows and the halls filled with students again the chatter was still on the accident. Talks from Hufflepuff however seemed to have some hints as to might have been going on. The 4th year student from Hufflepuff, Sandra Mellanox had not been seen since yesterday during first period.

It seemed that if anyone wanted to know what had happened. They had to start asking around to try and find any clues that might give them some idea about what had gone on during the night. What had happened to Sandra?

Cast list:
@Glostechk as Adele Dumont (Gryffindor)
@dark as Alcander Montanari (Slytherin)
@Blacksmith as Caleb Cato (Gryffindor)
@York as Gavin Bently (Ravenclaw)
@Lucky as Ian Miles the fourth (Slytherin)
@Pretentious Pineapple as Isolde Adalynn Draupnir (Hufflepuff)
@Gummi Bunnies as Julius Kerrigan (Ravenclaw)
@Ver as Juno Post (Ravenclaw)
@Otto as Keith Carter (Gryffindor)
@Takumi as Kit Myre (Hufflepuff)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Lloyd Whitaker (Ravenclaw)
@Khan of the Mardu as Martha Pleiades (Slytherin)
@MelodyMeister as Melody Cristala (Gryffindor)
@Archmage Jeremiah as Nikki T. Hilton-Lynn (Ravenclaw)
@Yun Lee as Rio Myre (Gryffindor)
@Josh as Ross Rhodes (Hufflepuff)
@Neko Shogun as Samael Rossi (Slytherin)
@Kaykay as Wisteria King (Hufflepuff)
@Cromartous as Yaser Branblesnap (Hufflepuff)​

Today, Rio's hair was a rosy pink color. As he made his way to the Hufflepuffs after the meeting (as usual), he sat down next to Kit, not as easygoing as usual. Honestly, all that stuff last night and this morning concerned him. Had Sandra been involved in whatever happened last night? And he knew full well Melody was one of the kids who took the restricted books...if someone from Gryffindor ended up going missing like Sandra had, Rio wouldn't know what to do.

But he needed to be strong here. For Kit...and for himself, too. "Morning, guys," he greeted, though his tone wasn't super cheerful, considering the circumstsnces.

@Takumi @Josh @Pretentious Pineapple

Today, Rio's hair was a rosy pink color. As he made his way to the Hufflepuffs after the meeting (as usual), he sat down next to Kit, not as easygoing as usual. Honestly, all that stuff last night and this morning concerned him. Had Sandra been involved in whatever happened last night? And he knew full well Melody was one of the kids who took the restricted books...if someone from Gryffindor ended up going missing like Sandra had, Rio wouldn't know what to do.

But he needed to be strong here. For Kit...and for himself, too. "Morning, guys," he greeted, though his tone wasn't super cheerful, considering the circumstsnces.

@Takumi @Josh @Pretentious Pineapple

Sitting quietly, Ross Jus looked at the brothers for a time before he spoke.

"This is somethin' else, huh? Somethin' 'bout this doesn't feel right. It's makin' my skin crawl."

Looking around, he looked slightly worry

"Anyone see Wissy?"

@Takumi @yun lee@Pretentious Pineapple @Kaykay

Chapter 1 – Darkened skies

The striking of the bell in the clock tower signaled the end of the first period and the start of classes once again. As everyone scurried to their respective class the halls of the castle fell silent.

From there the rest of the day went on as normal with no problems. Nikki was however to be disappointed due to Sandra not showing up at the Great Hall, but other than that everything went on as usual as everyone went to the dorms and to bed for the night.

However, some time during the middle of the night each of the houses heard heavy commotions coming from outside the dorms. If anyone was bold enough to get out of bed to see what it was all about realized that they were trapped inside their dorms for the night.

September 2, 2002

In the morning instead of making it to classes the Head of each house would enter and instruct them to head to the Great Hall for an emergency meeting. As everyone took their seats Hogwarts illustrious headmistress Dolores Umbridge went up to the podium. No one could quite tell what this was all about, especially not by Umbridge’s expression. “Dear children…it’s with a heavy heart that I must inform you that…there has been an…accident during the night. I assure you all that it is nothing that you children need to worry about however. I and the faculty are working on it as we speak, you just worry those heads of yours on the academic part of it all.” As Umbridge said that lips pursed. “This next order of business however does concern you. It has come to my knowledge that there has been a theft of numerous highly volatile and highly important books from the libraries restricted section. ”

Umbridged sighed heavily before continuing. “Despite the severity of this, if anyone knows something or if the culprits themselves step up then no formal punishment will be delivered to anyone.” Umbridged waited for someone to speak up, but she was only met by silence. “No matter,” She finally said looking mighty pleased with herself. “You had your chance to come clean but now I and the faculty will have to take this into our own hands. You will be found and will get what is coming for you. Have a pleasant day of school, children.” With that the gathering was abruptly ended and all teachers and students returned to their regular routine of classes. Though there wasn’t much teaching being done since everyone seemed to be talking about this accident that had occurred. No one seemed to know what this was all about.

It was a dark and cloudy day as lunch came around with rain hitting the windows and the halls filled with students again the chatter was still on the accident. Talks from Hufflepuff however seemed to have some hints as to might have been going on. The 4th year student from Hufflepuff, Sandra Mellanox had not been seen since yesterday during first period.

It seemed that if anyone wanted to know what had happened. They had to start asking around to try and find any clues that might give them some idea about what had gone on during the night. What had happened to Sandra?

Cast list:
@Glostechk as Adele Dumont (Gryffindor)
@dark as Alcander Montanari (Slytherin)
@Blacksmith as Caleb Cato (Gryffindor)
@York as Gavin Bently (Ravenclaw)
@Lucky as Ian Miles the fourth (Slytherin)
@Pretentious Pineapple as Isolde Adalynn Draupnir (Hufflepuff)
@Gummi Bunnies as Julius Kerrigan (Ravenclaw)
@Ver as Juno Post (Ravenclaw)
@Otto as Keith Carter (Gryffindor)
@Takumi as Kit Myre (Hufflepuff)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Lloyd Whitaker (Ravenclaw)
@Khan of the Mardu as Martha Pleiades (Slytherin)
@MelodyMeister as Melody Cristala (Gryffindor)
@Archmage Jeremiah as Nikki T. Hilton-Lynn (Ravenclaw)
@Yun Lee as Rio Myre (Gryffindor)
@Josh as Ross Rhodes (Hufflepuff)
@Neko Shogun as Samael Rossi (Slytherin)
@Kaykay as Wisteria King (Hufflepuff)
@Cromartous as Yaser Branblesnap (Hufflepuff)​
Well, that was certainly one hell of a wake-up call to the entire school. One of the underclassmen had disappeared in the middle of the day, and no one had noticed till the day after? While the student body was certainly large and easy to lose track of, Mary would have thought someone would report the girl missing... "Quite strange, isn't it, Sam? None of the Hufflepuffs seemed to notice till just now... Do you think your sister might have seen something?"

@Neko Shogun @Pretentious Pineapple

"I haven't seen her," Rio replied. "I haven't seen Isolde, either...ugh, this is all so stupid! I mean, just yesterday I signed a petition for Sandra to help an American bird, and now..." He glanced around, then leaned in and lowered his voice. "Ross, something's going on. The Defense Against Dark Arts getting cut, McGonagall's message, people taking restricted books...and now Sandra going missing! There's gotta be something we can do, man."

@Josh @Takumi @Pretentious Pineapple

Well, that was certainly one hell of a wake-up call to the entire school. One of the underclassmen had disappeared in the middle of the day, and no one had noticed till the day after? While the student body was certainly large and easy to lose track of, Mary would have thought someone would report the girl missing... "Quite strange, isn't it, Sam? None of the Hufflepuffs seemed to notice till just now... Do you think your sister might have seen something?"

@Neko Shogun @Pretentious Pineapple
After their morning meeting in the Great Hall, Sam skipped class. It wasn't like him to ditch class since he enjoyed his school work, but there was no way he could focus on work after hearing the grim news about Sandra and the fact that he still hadn't been able to locate his sister. He could just blame his absence on sickness like he ordinarily did. Anyhow, by the time lunch rolled around, Sam made his way to meet with the others. He had half been tempted to skip lunch as well, but he couldn't pass up an opportunity to look for his sister--even if he looked and felt like an absolute mess.

If at all possible, Sam looked paler than yesterday. He walked in with his head down and feet dragging, only looking out at the others once to search for Isolde. When he wouldn't see her, he'd sigh heavily and move to plop down next to Mary. Samael didn't bother to grab lunch. He just wasn't in the mood. His blond hair appeared messy and the clothes he wore were the exact same pair he had adorned the day before. Too worried about Isolde to even think straight, he had not even bothered to try and take care of himself. He couldn't even remember if he had bothered to take his medicine this morning...

The boy rested his head on the table and closed his eyes, although he still responded to Mary. Since he was more comfortable with her, he talked a bit more about how he felt. "I... don't know," he replied, his voice strained. "I haven't seen her. I looked everywhere for my sister yesterday with Rio and couldn't find her. I'm... really worried. It's never been this hard to hunt her down. Usually, she comes right to me..." Sam swallowed a lump in his throat before opening his eyes. "I skipped class this morning... and I don't think I can go back to class until I figure out what's going on. Something doesn't feel right at all..."

A thought suddenly snapped into Sam's head and he lifted his head from the table before speaking in a whisper. "You're the one who took the books, right? The books that Umbridge mentioned were missing." Sam furrowed his brows, stifling an irritated hiss. "To think, Umbridge would complain about missing books at a time like this... Sandra is missing... my sister could be missing..."

@Khan of the Mardu

Ian Miles the IV.

Ian gave Mary a brief look that said ' I know what you did, but I'm not going to rat on you for now.' He took a deep breath and returned to his class. " Of course, I could accidently mess the thing, however , I don't plan on being that guy, but you know what I want. " Ian casually mentioned as he passed Mary and took a deep breath as he took his food. He really didn't care about Sandra. One less person to deal with. It wasn't affecting him, so it didn't matter to him.

@Khan of the Mardu @Jeremi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back