Status
Not open for further replies.
Melody nodded, as she repeated the name, Ian Miles, she thought it a preposterous name, but gave her thanks anyways, before finishing with her snack and walking away. She came by the gang with the prefect, and listened in carefully. Much to her shock, it was an investigation to Hagrid’s Hut, she found Hagrid to be one of the better teachers, so she moved away.
“Breaking into a hut? Surely something is less barbaric..Nevermind, I wasn’t about to join that group anyways, if we find something, I want to be the star.”
She murmured this to herself, and must have seemed mad, but before anyone could worry about the girl, Melody ran off..somewhere, maybe to the hut? Maybe to where that pale looking teacher went? Maybe not, she went even deeper, through lesser used hallways and smaller classrooms. Perhaps no one can probably find her at this point, and if she gets lost...
@Jeremi

"I expected there to be a compliant." Mary whispered before shrugging with a bored expression, "Hawk eyes and snake hearts all throughout this school." Despite her own expectation of this occurring, she had to admit that this was a complete boning of her plans, and it was weighing heavily on her nerves as she began to think of ways to escape prosecution. Where exactly could she hide the books within the school until the heat blew over? Thankfully, she fell quiet before a certain pair of jackasses approached her...

Ian's oh-so-not-subtle threats weared on her nerves further as she became quiet and scowled at him, beginning to wonder if she ought to slip the books into his bed and have Sam or another upperclassman pass the word along . That thought received further fuel as the idiot's smarting off attracted Swagglebone and he continued to try to push the spotlight upon her... Yes, that emotionless automaton who wished to fuck with her known as Ian Miles was going to be the laughing stock and black sheep of this entire school by the end of the semester. "Perhaps some of us could study better if upperclassmen did not bother and harass younger students during the school day," Mary countered with a scowl before eyeballing Swagglebone, "Of course, perhaps the staff should also be focusing upon the missing students at the moment. It would not do well if the school was caught up in another scandal so soon after the war's end, yes, Professor?"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Neko Shogun

"Who says that she's missing?"
Professor Swagglebone replied with a knowing look in his eyes. "Unlike you students, the faculty have everything under control. You all have not been informed for the simple fact that you don't need to be. Theft done by none other than a student however, well that is another thing entirely."

Ian Miles IV

Ian looked back at Swagglebone. " You did mention that it was a good idea for me to study and I'm just taking your personal advice to be prepared for all fronts of the equations. I imagine that people are going to worry regardless. It's just in their nature. I wish you all of the luck in your hunt for the book thieves," he replied back, not showing a lick of emotion as he did that. He didn't need those pesky things.

If Ian had wanted to be subtle, he would have been subtle. He ignored the scowling that the lowerclassman was giving him and rolled his eyes. If he had come to Hogwarts to make friends, it certainly would have made some and that was the honest truth. He was actually attempting to divert the attention away from her, but alas, it was a failure. Perhaps, it would have been to not mention anything to the professor. It wasn't like he was being an evil psychopath towards Mary and was trying to trick her into liking him. He however rolled his eyes, knowing that she was most likely going to twist anything that he said, so he picked his next words carefully. " Strange, I don't remember talking to you before right now. I mean, I was studying in the library and certainly couldn't have done it yesterday. I don't EVEN remember seeing you since we last saw Professor Swagglebone here."
@Khan of the Mardu @Jeremi

"Ah, Slytherin comradery. Truly warms a persons heart." The professor responded with a very sarcastic tone.

@Neko Shogun @Khan of the Mardu @Lucky @Takumi

"E-Excuse me?!" Juno exclaimed in an incredulous tone when Ross had suddenly snapped at her, the girl's frown growing wider when she only seemed successful in prompting him to spout out even more profanity. She would have to remember to give some sort of referral when this was all over with. Still, Ross went on, suddenly giving an anecdote about his father and his line of work, as well as some old-timey wisdom, no doubt a very American philosophy. The Prefect could hardly believe that he'd use ethos to justify "bending the rules," and though she thought Ross was being rather dramatic when bringing up "dark lords of the world," she could only sigh, shaking her head briefly.

"L-Look... While I'm not a big fan of bending rules in order to protect them, it's as Miss King says," she stammered, gesturing toward Wisteria, "With someone like me supervising you, I can at least ensure that you're not up to any mischief, and that you really do want to get to the bottom of this. Only Merlin knows if it turns out any of you have something to do with this. And for the record! I'll let you off with a warning, but I'll have to ask that you refrain from speaking to me in that manner again," the sixth-year spoke sternly. In any case, it seemed that Rio had already made up his mind. They'd all better hope that they'd be done with their investigation before classes start again. Juno was not about to squander her perfect attendance record.

Still...

Juno subconsciously fiddled with her hair with a finger. She was called pretty...

But then again, she was also called a pain, so she stopped playing with her hair.

"In any case... Let's make haste then."

@Josh @Kaykay @Yun Lee @Takumi @Jeremi

A decision seemed to have been made and so get group went on their way. Considering that they were on a time limit the navigation of the school went fast and they rather quickly found themselves out in the main courtyard.

There was a lot of students outside and the same discussions were on everybody's lips, be it about Sandra or the mystery of the missing books. The group walked past two stone statues in the image of Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley, in honor of their service in the battle of Hogwarts. You could only admire the craftsmanship, they were almost life like.

In the corner covered in overgrowth you noticed the wailing well. Stories told about how someone nights if you happened to be in the courtyard at that time. None of you had ever had this confirmed, so if anything it just sounded like a rumor that was spread to keep students away from the courtyard during hours they weren't supposed to be there.

With out raising much suspicion or altering anyone, the group soon found themselves outside of the castle and making their way down the path to what was once Hagrid's Hut.

As they came closer down the ridge they spotted someone guarding the door. They couldn't quite tell who it was, but it had to be someone that was working in the school, right?

Being this close to the Forbidden Forest as well...It had been against the rules to venture even before Umbridge came to power, but now by the tone in how the Headmistress spoke about it. It was clear that if any students were caught even looking at it that there was hell to pay.

Even so with the guard at the door whatever could be hidden in the hut, though someone standing guard outside indicated that something was afoot.​

@Josh @Kaykay @Yun Lee @Takumi @Ver @MelodyMeister

"Crap, soneone's on guard," Rio said, stating the obvious to the rest of the group. "How do we get in, then?" Rio tried to get a good look at the person on guard-what did they look like? How strong or vigilant did they appear to be?

@Jeremi @Josh @Ver @Kaykay

Melody came out of her long search, only to be confronted by the sign of the main courtyard, she slapped the palm of her hand on her head in frustration. After a long winding trail, she must have been going in circles. But she still headed over to the hut without much students finding her suspicious. There she saw Rio, the prefect, Josh and Wisteria. She gave up on the ‘trying to accomplish something on her own part’ and walked up to them. There wasn’t time for introductions, since Rio was trying to get a better look at the ‘supposed’ guard, and Melody gripped her wand out of muscle memory.
@Yun Lee @Ver @Jeremi @Josh

"Crap, soneone's on guard," Rio said, stating the obvious to the rest of the group. "How do we get in, then?" Rio tried to get a good look at the person on guard-what did they look like? How strong or vigilant did they appear to be?

@Jeremi @Josh @Ver @Kaykay

He was a gruff man with a bald head and a scar going over his left eye. Was it someone the headmistress had hired this year that they didn't know about? Either way he seemed mean and well built enough that no physical harm from anyone of the students was going to phase him.

It seemed like they either had to sneak into the hut with out him noticing or use something else to get him out of the picture.

@Yun Lee @Josh @Ver @Kaykay

Without noticing Melody immediately, Juno kept fixated on the mysterious man guarding the door to the hut. She furrowed a brow as Rio kept cautious, and while Juno was previously confident that if anyone ever found them here, that they'd be able to explain with genuine truth that they simply believed they could find something of value around, the mere sight of the man seemed to bring shivers down her spine for whatever reason. She felt... unsafe at the sight of him, plain and simple.

A part of her wanted to turn tail and run, to bring the others back with her before long, but while she could feel a somewhat nauseating fear in her stomach, the Prefect also felt something stir within her heart. It was something difficult to describe; it wasn't even an entirely unpleasant feeling, even if it was a somewhat grave situation like this. She'd hardly felt this peculiar feeling before, not when studying for the most grueling exams or undergoing Prefect training.

Was this... excitement? True, genuine excitement? A thrill experienced only by risk-takers? And a by-the-book girl like her got to experience such a strange feeling firsthand.

Pursing her lips, Juno eventually braved to speak. "S-So... I would suggest going up to him and simply asking if we could take a look around, but I imagine that you'd rather some other course of action?" The Prefect asked the others around her with a lightly exasperated whisper, not exactly relishing in the thought of deceiving an adult, perhaps with a distraction, but she could only imagine that that's what the others might be thinking.

... Not that she prided herself in being able to think like the others around her. It was just a passing thought.

"In that case... I guess you'd rather create a diversion?"

Even in a situation like this, her tone was strangely condescending in a way, as if to say "of course that's something you would think of, right?" or something like that. But at the same time, it was still a genuine offer.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Josh @MelodyMeister

"That guy looks like an evil henchman if I've ever seen one," Rio muttered, not too excited about the prospect of taking him on. If he knew they were there, he would easily take them down, Ross too probably. And then Umbridge could take away Quidditch...or worse. Rio gulped just tjinking about how this all could go wrong.

Juno suggested a diversion, but that didn't fly in Rio's book. They needed to keep him from catching them, so... "I got a better idea actually." He looked at the four, noting Melody tagged along. "Anyone here good at transfiguration? I say we turn him into a chicken."

@Jeremi @Ver @Josh @Kaykay @MelodyMeister

"Uwah, that's a little extreme," Wisteria said quietly. She wasn't good enough at transfiguration to turn a human into a chicken anyway, but the idea still seemed rather aggressive. "I mean, all we know is that he looks kinda scary and is guarding an empty hut. Why don't we just conceal ourselves with a spell or something?"

Other than her apparent distaste for the idea of transfiguring the man, she still somehow seemed pretty relaxed considering what they were doing. Her hands folded behind her back, she simply leaned against a tree with a pleasant expression. She actually kind of liked Juno's "idea" of just asking the man for permission, but the group seemed a little tense for that now.

"If he spots us anyway somehow, then we can just go 'Lumos!' at the same time and skedaddle. What do you guys think?"

@Jeremi @Ver @Josh @Yun Lee @MelodyMeister

"Better idea. How about one of you use some sort of blinding or blurring spell, than I can put him in a sleeper hold. That way he wouldn't have a chance to see us and we know he's out."

Pausing, he explain.

"My Uncle Mike's a squid. He a wrestler for a livin'. He taught me a thing or two."

@Jeremi @Ver @kaykay@Yun Lee @MelodyMeister

The scarred man let out a yawn and scratched his stomach before he went back to guarding the door. Perhaps if a direct approach wasn't on the table, maybe an indirect approach was in order? The hut had a window on the other side, and being close to to the Forbidden Forest perhaps trying to conjure up a distraction from there could stir the guardian.

@Josh @Ver @kaykay@Yun Lee @MelodyMeister

Melody seemed to listen to Wisteria and Josh's ideas a bit more than the others, since it agrees with her 'be as pacifist as you can' thinking, she WAS tempted to simply do what the others expected, but she thought about for a bit and replied.
"Hmm..Like your idea, but I think it's best we also have someone who isn't afraid to hurt someone, I'm too cowardly really. If he catches us, we should probably full body bind him. Alright! Enough talking, just curse the guy if you want!"
No one would take orders from a third year..especially one who goes from a by the book girl to a rile breaker without warning.
@Yun Lee @Kaykay @Ver @Josh

Had Sam not been feeling down due to recent events, a rush of joy would've tickled his stomach after Mary would confirm that she did indeed take the books. He perked up slightly and was about to congratulate her for pulling this off, but stopped himself from uttering a syllable when Ian and Swagglebone would come over to converse with Mary. Sam slouched back down in his seat and get out a small groan, refusing to say anything else. He was too shy to talk with them and even if he hadn't been, the blond wouldn't have wanted to talk with them. Why did people seem to magically appear whenever they began to talk about the books? Sam wished they would just go away.

The student would spot one face, however, that he was okay with. He wasn't exactly comfortable with Kit, but the words he had to say were welcoming. Finally hearing that someone had seen Isolde recently hit him as a wave of relief. His eyes widened and he stood up suddenly, his fatigued body somehow feeling lighter after hearing the news. "Y-You really did see her?" Doing something that was a bit uncharacteristic of himself, Sam reached out and grabbed Kit by the shoulders. "Is she around now? Do you know where I can find her? Please tell me you know where she is right now..." He squeezed Kit's shoulders and looked at the other teen eagerly, his breath starting to pick up a bit. Feeling emotionally frantic, Sam wasn't sure how he'd react if Isolde still wasn't anywhere to be found after someone had spotted her yesterday.

@Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Lucky @Takumi

"Yes I did--" Kit nodded in confirmation when asked if he really did see Isolde, about to add more before being bombarded with questions as the other blonde grabbed onto him. Slightly startled, the Myre blinked, eyes gone wide as he tried to process the questions fully and think of a proper response.

"I-I haven't seen her since yesterday and I don't know exactly where she is now, b-but um, I'm sure she'll turn up again like yesterday and look for you just like you're looking for her. Chances are she likely overslept." he responded, in a way trying reassure both himself and Sam that Isolde was fine and they'd no doubt find her soon. At least, that was his hope, what with everything that's been going on so far.

@Neko Shogun

Melody seemed to listen to Wisteria and Josh's ideas a bit more than the others, since it agrees with her 'be as pacifist as you can' thinking, she WAS tempted to simply do what the others expected, but she thought about for a bit and replied.
"Hmm..Like your idea, but I think it's best we also have someone who isn't afraid to hurt someone, I'm too cowardly really. If he catches us, we should probably full body bind him. Alright! Enough talking, just curse the guy if you want!"
No one would take orders from a third year..especially one who goes from a by the book girl to a rile breaker without warning.
@Yun Lee @Kaykay @Ver @Josh

Pulling out his Wanda, Ross looked at the group, rolling his eyes when Melody talked.

"Get out of here, kid. We got this. No reason for all of us to get into trouble"

Ross took the lead as he casted distraction, a small group of lights.

"Every get ready to move it. If he goes for it, I'm gonna sneak up on him, buy us some time. You guys get into the hut. If he doesn't? Hit the bushes."

@Yun Lee @Kaykay @Ver @jeremi @MelodyMeister

Rio nodded, getting into position as Ross gave the orders. Once the henchman guy was distracted, Rio would make a dash for the hut window and would climb inside.

@Jeremi @Josh @Ver @Kaykay @MelodyMeister

Rio was fast enough that the guard didn't notice him sneaking to the back, though the lights cast by Ross wasn't going to fool him for long. Rio and whoever else followed were lucky that the window in the back was actually able to be opened from the outside and with a little boost they could manage to get in.

Despite Hagrid not having lived there for quite some time it seemed that someone had been using it in some form. The group still needed to be quiet however. Even if they were now inside one move or sound could attract the guard to come inside and investigate. There wasn't anything that caught their attention immediately there was something sprawled over the table covered in a white sheet.​

@Yun Lee @Josh @Ver @Kaykay @MelodyMeister

Well, this wasn't what Rio had expected. Hadn't this place been abandoned? Ah, well. He would slip over to the table and look at what was spawled on it. "If they need to protect it, it's gotta be something important," he whispered to anyone else inside. If no one else was inside he would just be whispering to himself like an idiot.

@Jeremi @Josh @Ver @Kaykay @MelodyMeister

"Yes I did--" Kit nodded in confirmation when asked if he really did see Isolde, about to add more before being bombarded with questions as the other blonde grabbed onto him. Slightly startled, the Myre blinked, eyes gone wide as he tried to process the questions fully and think of a proper response.

"I-I haven't seen her since yesterday and I don't know exactly where she is now, b-but um, I'm sure she'll turn up again like yesterday and look for you just like you're looking for her. Chances are she likely overslept." he responded, in a way trying reassure both himself and Sam that Isolde was fine and they'd no doubt find her soon. At least, that was his hope, what with everything that's been going on so far.

@Neko Shogun
Ordinarily timid Sam was very unlikely to raise his voice or act out in any way, but today wasn't feeling like an average day to the blond. He tried to avoid things that stressed him out, but on this day it seemed to be an impossible task. He was still feeling sick from the other day, a girl he had just encountered yesterday was missing, and worst of all: Isolde still wasn't around. Was this kid toying with him? Were Kit and his brother trying to pull some kind of prank on him to keep Isolde away? The very thought caused a fire to boil in the male's gut and he would furrow his brows in frustration.

Taking a shaking hand off of Kit's shoulder, Sam would quickly remove a wand from his robes. Keeping his remaining hand on Kit's shoulder, he pointed the wand directly at the male. "How convenient," he hissed. "You saw her yesterday, but she isn't anywhere to be found today? Is this some kind of joke? Admit it. You and your brother are just trying to keep her away from me!" His voice grew louder as he continued, and he found himself yelling without meaning to. "That's not fair! She's all I have! How could you do something so cruel? Without her I-I... I wouldn't have a single person who likes me."

Mary momentarily flashed through his head. Did Mary even like him? Or did she just hang around him because he was smart and could help her study? With his self-esteem being as low as it was, Sam felt uncertain that anyone could like him just for, well, who he was. Who would want to be friends with a book bug like him? A shy, withdrawn sick kid who did nothing but avoid other people. He wasn't even sure how he had managed to befriend Mary. He must've just gotten lucky with her.

Samael seemed to recoil for a moment, but fire returned to his blue eyes and he would unleash a spell from his wand that was aimed at Kit's chest. It was a stinging jinx, something that would leave a welt if it somehow hit the other boy. If he was quick, however, Kit could probably jump out of the way with ease. Sam, on the other hand, was stunned to silence--appalled by his own actions. His face turned bright red and his eyes teared up, his gaze drooping to the floor. "I-I didn't mean to-- I'm sorry..."

Had he just used magic against another student? Sam couldn't believe it. It really was not like him to act out and he immediately felt terrible. He had even yelled at Kit, saying things that were most certainly not true. Kit wasn't the type of person to do something mean like that. Isolde wouldn't be hanging around him if he was.

Sam's wand slipped from his grasp, plummeting to the floor. The boy's heart was thumping wildly against the walls of his chest. Honestly, he just wanted to disappear right now.

@Takumi @Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu

Ordinarily timid Sam was very unlikely to raise his voice or act out in any way, but today wasn't feeling like an average day to the blond. He tried to avoid things that stressed him out, but on this day it seemed to be an impossible task. He was still feeling sick from the other day, a girl he had just encountered yesterday was missing, and worst of all: Isolde still wasn't around. Was this kid toying with him? Were Kit and his brother trying to pull some kind of prank on him to keep Isolde away? The very thought caused a fire to boil in the male's gut and he would furrow his brows in frustration.

Taking a shaking hand off of Kit's shoulder, Sam would quickly remove a wand from his robes. Keeping his remaining hand on Kit's shoulder, he pointed the wand directly at the male. "How convenient," he hissed. "You saw her yesterday, but she isn't anywhere to be found today? Is this some kind of joke? Admit it. You and your brother are just trying to keep her away from me!" His voice grew louder as he continued, and he found himself yelling without meaning to. "That's not fair! She's all I have! How could you do something so cruel? Without her I-I... I wouldn't have a single person who likes me."

Mary momentarily flashed through his head. Did Mary even like him? Or did she just hang around him because he was smart and could help her study? With his self-esteem being as low as it was, Sam felt uncertain that anyone could like him just for, well, who he was. Who would want to be friends with a book bug like him? A shy, withdrawn sick kid who did nothing but avoid other people. He wasn't even sure how he had managed to befriend Mary. He must've just gotten lucky with her.

Samael seemed to recoil for a moment, but fire returned to his blue eyes and he would unleash a spell from his wand that was aimed at Kit's chest. It was a stinging jinx, something that would leave a welt if it somehow hit the other boy. If he was quick, however, Kit could probably jump out of the way with ease. Sam, on the other hand, was stunned to silence--appalled by his own actions. His face turned bright red and his eyes teared up, his gaze drooping to the floor. "I-I didn't mean to-- I'm sorry..."

Had he just used magic against another student? Sam couldn't believe it. It really was not like him to act out and he immediately felt terrible. He had even yelled at Kit, saying things that were most certainly not true. Kit wasn't the type of person to do something mean like that. Isolde wouldn't be hanging around him if he was.

Sam's wand slipped from his grasp, plummeting to the floor. The boy's heart was thumping wildly against the walls of his chest. Honestly, he just wanted to disappear right now.

@Takumi @Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu

Kit flinched when Sam's tone changed and he pointed his wand at him, accusing him and his brother of things like playing a joke and keeping Isolde from him. Hearing these things...they hurt. Is that really how Sam saw the two? The blonde felt his chest grow tight as he took in a shaky breath, feeling tears well up from being yelled at in such a nasty tone, and what was said about his brother to boot. He quickly tried to blink away the tears though, because he couldn't start crying now or he wouldn't be able to properly try to explain himself.

Swallowing the lump in his throat and licking his lips as his mind raced to find a way to difuse the situation and try to make it clear that Rio would never do a thing like that at all--especially to Sam, his girlfriend's brother of all people Kit realized that he was shaking, not out of fear or anger, just out of a feeling of genuine hurt.

"S-Sam, Rio wouldn't--!" he started to stutter, his voice raising just a little so he could even be heard among the other boy's accusations and threatening posture.

And then the stinging jinx came and being as emotionally high strung as he was, the hairs on the back of his neck and arms on end as he tried to move to the side.

Sadly, his reflexes weren't quite fast enough and the jinx had hit home, and Kit lost balance and ended up on the floor with a thump, wincing as he felt welps begin to form. If this was how it felt to be stung by what felt like ten bees, he hoped to never feel the actual sting of one.

@Neko Shogun

Having managed to sneak into the hut along with Rio, Juno tried her best to assuage her rapidly beating heart with soft, yet deep breaths. To have come so close to that guard, having almost been caught... Juno was rarely in a position -- especially like this -- where she was liable to get into trouble if she wasn't careful. A part of her felt guilty about it, but on the other hand... There was that other feeling again. The feeling of... excitement that built up within her. She felt anxious, but in a good way, even though there was nothing particularly "good" about the situation that she was in. It was just... strange, really.

In any case, while Rio took a gander at the table, Juno went ahead and scanned the rest of the place to see if there might have been anything of interest or out of place.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Josh @Kaykay @MelodyMeister

Melody glared at Ross once his back was turned, behind her back, gave him a..obscene gesture. She followed a bit after Juno, the landing wasn’t perfect. She went through the window and fell down with a unfortunately louder than preferred sound. She got up quickly and walked around the hut, the usage of the house making her suspicious. Like Rio, she went up to the table and asked him something.
“What’s that? I mean, in terms of what you think it is, since you wouldn’t likely know. Should we check what’s inside it? It can’t be dangerous, right?”
Melody was shaky and fidgety, likely due to adrenaline. Okay, definitely, because she wouln’t do this unless she was excited.
@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Ver @Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back