Status
Not open for further replies.
Rio had a point, but something in his gut was fighting it, he watched as Rio left, still torn on what to do. If he left, would Sandra get justice? Turning away, Ross dove into a corner of the shack, where he could hide. Ready to fight his way out wand or by fist.

@yun lee @Jeremi @Ver @Kaykay @MelodyMeister

Kit didn't move for a second, tears finally pouring down his cheeks like a dam bursting. Okay, he wasn't full out balling or anything, but that didn't stop the few tears that got into his hair and wet his cheeks a bit. He hated crying so much in front of others, because it was like he couldn't stop once it started and, well, crying was ugly sometimes.

It's like someone turned on a faucet part way and just let the water trickle. a random thought, but an accurate one at the moment. He looked up at Sam and his outstretched hand, and after a moment of silent thought upon hearing the other boy's apology it was with a shaky hand that he let the other help him up.

Being polite as he was, when he did get mad ot wasn't for long before he could forgive. Sniffling as he wiped at the tears rolling down his cheeks he ignored the pain in his chest from that hurt feeling and the jinx enough to try and look like he wasn't in as much pain as he may have honestly been in.

"I-I get why you were m-mad, and you're being genuine...so I can forgive that." Kit responded quietly. He just wanted to leave the Grand Hall, go some place quiet.

He also wanted Sam to stop crying, because Kit felt bad enough about even making the boy angry like that. It was almost like if you saw someone kick a puppy that growled and bit you a couple minutes ago.

His brows furrowed then, thinking over Sam's words more as he tried to keep anymore tears at bay.

"...you're alone? Do you...really believe that? C-cause you have Mary, Rio and me, as well as Isolde. We're not awfully close and you might not like me or my brother, b-but I never mind lending an ear to anyone who'd ever need it." he muttered, wiping at his tear stained face one last time.

Human beings were compassionate, as well as competitive, which was a part of their nature as well as their evolution. Kit just happened to be more of the former than the later--unless it was for cheering on his brother during a Quidditch match to boost the older Myre's morale. That wasn't important right now though, if he could at least make a friend in Sam, or just get him to maybe open up to someone some more and to realize he wasn't alone like he thinks he is, than the pain in Kit's chest would definitely hurt less.

@Neko Shogun @Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu
Unable to look at Kit, Sam was unsure whether or not the other boy would actually take his hand. Relief poured over him, however, when he would feel Kit grasp onto his hand. Momentarily clasped together, both of their hands were shaking so hard that Sam almost couldn't tell who was shaking more. His blue eyes finally turned to look at Kit, not surprised to see he had also started to cry. The sight of the other student's tears was slightly overwhelming to him, and the blond found himself weeping harder at the sight. A sob slipped from his lips and after letting go of Kit's hand to help him up, he rubbed his face with the back of a hand.

"Th-Thanks for... forgiving me. I-I promise I won't act like that anymore," he stated, his tone almost a whisper. "You're... crying. Are you hurt? That spell hit you so y-you probably have welts on your body. You might want to get them looked at." Sam hung his head shamefully, too miserable to give Kit eye contact anymore. Whether Kit had forgiven him or not, he was still ashamed of his own behavior.

And he hadn't been exaggerating either when he said he wasn't feeling well. He hadn't eaten anything all day or and hadn't even taken his medicine. He felt like a pile of shit and honestly just wanted to go back to his dorm and sleep for the rest of the day. He couldn't bring himself to do that, however, not while he still didn't know where Isolde was.

"...I'm... not alone when Isolde is around. But everyone else..." Sam trailed off in thought, his eyes glued to the floor. "...I help Mary study, if my grades weren't as good as they are she probably wouldn't hang around me as much as she does." In other words, Samael felt as if Mary only hung around him because he was smart. There was a chance he could've been wrong about this, but he had enough evidence to believe that this might've been the case. "...and you... and Rio... your Isolde's friends. I can't picture you'd really want to be my friend. I'm a Slytherin... and I just attacked you too... You don't have to put up with me. I wouldn't blame you if you didn't want to."

Why was he even telling Kit these things? Samael was surprised to find these words rolling off his tongue. He usually didn't tell people how he felt. Maybe it was because he felt so vulnerable right now that he couldn't keep his walls up. Or maybe Sam felt the need to give Kit an explanation after how rude he had just been toward him.

@Takumi

"E-Eh? What do you mean, Headmistress Umbridge is behind all this?! What logical reason would she have to--?!" Juno began to exclaim in response to Rio's apparent epiphany, before jumping like a startled cat when the door knob of the hut began to move, a gasp escaping her lips as she did so. This just went from bad to worse. Very bad to worse. Ross, as expected, opted for the "fight" option in "fight or flight," but as Rio pointed out, even if he and / or the others managed to get the better of the guard, that was just a short-term solution that would result in longer-term consequences unless they did something more drastic, and Juno was not even going to humor the thought of murder in order to cover their own tracks, and she could only hope that Ross was just as merciful as well.

"Don't be so headstrong, you impulsive oaf! At this rate, we won't be able to take the body anywhere with the guard right here! Elevating the situation like this will get you nowhere!" Juno said in a harsh whisper to Ross, grabbing him by the earlobe like a stern sibling in hopes of grabbing his attention along with it as she spoke, before just as quickly letting go, "Now come on!"

With that, Juno followed Rio through the window as well, expecting the others to follow suit.

@MelodyMeister @Kaykay @Josh @Yun Lee

Melody jumped at the doorknob opening, and she quickly ducked for cover. Umbridge was behind this, she had a feeling, and McGonagall's warning was correct. Even if Umbridge didn't order the..murder, certainly covering it would be immoral at best. She had the same idea as Ross, to curse the guy with a fainting spell or something. But as she saw Juno beginning to drag Ross out, she decided to jump out the window as well. However as she was leaving, she kept her wand out, She hated the idea of leaving the dead body, but she had to. Because of her thinking, she was one of the last to leave, and made a bit a ruckus as she headed for a bush. Still, the idea of leaving collided with her sense of justice, and she pointed her wand at the guard.
@Josh @Ver @Kaykay @Yun Lee @Jeremi

"E-Eh? What do you mean, Headmistress Umbridge is behind all this?! What logical reason would she have to--?!" Juno began to exclaim in response to Rio's apparent epiphany, before jumping like a startled cat when the door knob of the hut began to move, a gasp escaping her lips as she did so. This just went from bad to worse. Very bad to worse. Ross, as expected, opted for the "fight" option in "fight or flight," but as Rio pointed out, even if he and / or the others managed to get the better of the guard, that was just a short-term solution that would result in longer-term consequences unless they did something more drastic, and Juno was not even going to humor the thought of murder in order to cover their own tracks, and she could only hope that Ross was just as merciful as well.

"Don't be so headstrong, you impulsive oaf! At this rate, we won't be able to take the body anywhere with the guard right here! Elevating the situation like this will get you nowhere!" Juno said in a harsh whisper to Ross, grabbing him by the earlobe like a stern sibling in hopes of grabbing his attention along with it as she spoke, before just as quickly letting go, "Now come on!"

With that, Juno followed Rio through the window as well, expecting the others to follow suit.

@MelodyMeister @Kaykay @Josh @Yun Lee
Gritting his teeth, Ross glared at Juno. She was so annoying, but Ross hated to admit it, she was right.

"Fine, you win. Just let go my ear."

Unable to look at Kit, Sam was unsure whether or not the other boy would actually take his hand. Relief poured over him, however, when he would feel Kit grasp onto his hand. Momentarily clasped together, both of their hands were shaking so hard that Sam almost couldn't tell who was shaking more. His blue eyes finally turned to look at Kit, not surprised to see he had also started to cry. The sight of the other student's tears was slightly overwhelming to him, and the blond found himself weeping harder at the sight. A sob slipped from his lips and after letting go of Kit's hand to help him up, he rubbed his face with the back of a hand.

"Th-Thanks for... forgiving me. I-I promise I won't act like that anymore," he stated, his tone almost a whisper. "You're... crying. Are you hurt? That spell hit you so y-you probably have welts on your body. You might want to get them looked at." Sam hung his head shamefully, too miserable to give Kit eye contact anymore. Whether Kit had forgiven him or not, he was still ashamed of his own behavior.

And he hadn't been exaggerating either when he said he wasn't feeling well. He hadn't eaten anything all day or and hadn't even taken his medicine. He felt like a pile of shit and honestly just wanted to go back to his dorm and sleep for the rest of the day. He couldn't bring himself to do that, however, not while he still didn't know where Isolde was.

"...I'm... not alone when Isolde is around. But everyone else..." Sam trailed off in thought, his eyes glued to the floor. "...I help Mary study, if my grades weren't as good as they are she probably wouldn't hang around me as much as she does." In other words, Samael felt as if Mary only hung around him because he was smart. There was a chance he could've been wrong about this, but he had enough evidence to believe that this might've been the case. "...and you... and Rio... your Isolde's friends. I can't picture you'd really want to be my friend. I'm a Slytherin... and I just attacked you too... You don't have to put up with me. I wouldn't blame you if you didn't want to."

Why was he even telling Kit these things? Samael was surprised to find these words rolling off his tongue. He usually didn't tell people how he felt. Maybe it was because he felt so vulnerable right now that he couldn't keep his walls up. Or maybe Sam felt the need to give Kit an explanation after how rude he had just been toward him.

@Takumi

"You're welcome.." he said, then realized that Sam pointed out that he had been crying and he felt a bit embarrassed. "I-I'm okay, I just cry easily sometimes." he reassured, before shifting the subject to the rest of what Sam said.

"Huh? I always want to make friends, I just have trouble with social interaction. I guess it's kind of silly, wanting to be friends with everyone deep down..." he mumbled in embarrassment at how childish it sounded coming out of his mouth.

"D-despite houses of course. I mean, you're probably the easiest Slytherin to talk to, not to be rude to them or anything." Kit added, wanting to calrify, but not be mean or anything. "Um, does that make any sense? We haven't really talked a lot before now but we're sharing a lot...and crying...do you need to sit by any chance?" he rambled in a slightly more awkward tone. How embarrassing, he probably looked like a mess-they both probably did--and in front of everyone too...

@Neko Shogun

The students barely managed to leap out the window as the guard burst in only managing to catch an eye of Ross' robe slinking through the window. "Hey!" A gruff voice shouted after them. Instead of following them through the door however he only peered through the window. Though considering that they had already moved past the corner he had nothing to see, and when he realized that he could turn back through the door they were already too far gone for him to follow.

The group had managed to slip through the cracks, but this was probably not the end of it.

@Ver @MelodyMeister @Kaykay @Josh @Yun Lee

Rio refused to stop running until they got back to the castle, the shout from the guard ensuring that he wouldn't slow down for a single second. Once they made it back, he gasped for air, lurching to a stop with his hands on his knees. Fuck, fuck, fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckFUCK! This was bad, this was really bad. Maybe they got lucly, and the henchman didn't see anyone? He didn't know...

"Oh God...fuck...shit, man..." In between breaths, that was all Rio could manage to say. His life had completely changed in just one hour. Quidditch was totally out of his head, as was anything else. This was some sort of psycho conspiracy, and they were all a part of it. Who else was in on this? Was every head of house part of this thing? Just McGonagall?

"...fuck..." Once he caught his breath, Rio would turn to the others. "We gotta split up," he said, finally. "Ross and I...shit...we can talk to McGonagall cuz we're guys. You three...you should see what's up in the girls' bathroom. If there's a new ghost, and Sandra's dead, then...fuck..."

@Josh @Ver @Kaykay @MelodyMeister

“Phew, that was fun! Goodness, Rio, calm down! I think this is going to be rather fun! Solving a murder mystery! But..alright sure, solid plan.”
Melody was tired out from the situations, but as scared as she was, she was excited something was new. Maybeish.
“You and Ross better be great talkers for we might land ourselves in deeper water..Okay! Off we go! Wisteria? To the toilets, yes?”
Melody smiled and looked at the group brazenly, it wasn’t often she was this confident, usually she was a involuntary wallflower, so it’s likely she would be a troublemaker for attention.
@Yun Lee @Josh @Kaykay @Ver

Ian Miles the IV

" I wouldn't call it that," Ian replied. He didn't care much for Mary or if she got expelled. He cared about the house and not anyone else. He knew that good old Swagglebone would search the house, but he had nothing to hide. He decided to head back to the library. He did want to take out a book on preparing for the N.EW.T.S.

@Jeremi

"You're welcome.." he said, then realized that Sam pointed out that he had been crying and he felt a bit embarrassed. "I-I'm okay, I just cry easily sometimes." he reassured, before shifting the subject to the rest of what Sam said.

"Huh? I always want to make friends, I just have trouble with social interaction. I guess it's kind of silly, wanting to be friends with everyone deep down..." he mumbled in embarrassment at how childish it sounded coming out of his mouth.

"D-despite houses of course. I mean, you're probably the easiest Slytherin to talk to, not to be rude to them or anything." Kit added, wanting to calrify, but not be mean or anything. "Um, does that make any sense? We haven't really talked a lot before now but we're sharing a lot...and crying...do you need to sit by any chance?" he rambled in a slightly more awkward tone. How embarrassing, he probably looked like a mess-they both probably did--and in front of everyone too...

@Neko Shogun
Starting to realize just how much he had been saying to Kit, Sam's cheeks turned a light shade of pink. It embarrassed him that he had not only made a scene by yelling, but also that he had ended up telling Kit more of his opinions than he had ever meant to. He also wasn't sure whether or not to believe Kit when the other teen tried to brush off the fact that he had been crying too. For all Sam knew, Kit may have just been trying to be nice so that he wouldn't make him feel any worse. Nevertheless, Sam allowed him to brush it off and said nothing in response.

"I-I... have trouble being social too. But I don't always want to make friends. Sometimes I'd rather just stay away from people... I can be a bother," Sam replied, mumbling under his breath towards the end of his statement. Since he wasn't a healthy, strong person, Sam felt like he would be a bother to anyone who wanted to be his friend. They'd have to look out for him and would probably check to see how he was feeling. It seemed rather troublesome.

"B-But you're saying that you really do want to be my friend? Are you sure about that? I've done nothing but cause you trouble,"
the blond pointed out. He spaced out a moment afterwards, nearly missing when Kit had asked if he wanted to sit down. He felt himself growing light-headed, and instinctively reached out to grab Kit's shoulders so he wouldn't fall over. Realizing he had done this, Sam jerked his hands back--a blush spreading over his cheeks.

"Ah, sorry, I just--"
Without the support of Kit's shoulders, Sam nearly collapsed into him. Embarrassed as he was, the blond gave in and grabbed onto the other boy again so that he wouldn't fall. "I probably should sit down. I'm sorry... today just hasn't been a great day for me... and I'm really embarrassed right now."

Little did he know that Kit was just as embarrassed as he was.

@Takumi

Starting to realize just how much he had been saying to Kit, Sam's cheeks turned a light shade of pink. It embarrassed him that he had not only made a scene by yelling, but also that he had ended up telling Kit more of his opinions than he had ever meant to. He also wasn't sure whether or not to believe Kit when the other teen tried to brush off the fact that he had been crying too. For all Sam knew, Kit may have just been trying to be nice so that he wouldn't make him feel any worse. Nevertheless, Sam allowed him to brush it off and said nothing in response.

"I-I... have trouble being social too. But I don't always want to make friends. Sometimes I'd rather just stay away from people... I can be a bother," Sam replied, mumbling under his breath towards the end of his statement. Since he wasn't a healthy, strong person, Sam felt like he would be a bother to anyone who wanted to be his friend. They'd have to look out for him and would probably check to see how he was feeling. It seemed rather troublesome.

"B-But you're saying that you really do want to be my friend? Are you sure about that? I've done nothing but cause you trouble,"
the blond pointed out. He spaced out a moment afterwards, nearly missing when Kit had asked if he wanted to sit down. He felt himself growing light-headed, and instinctively reached out to grab Kit's shoulders so he wouldn't fall over. Realizing he had done this, Sam jerked his hands back--a blush spreading over his cheeks.

"Ah, sorry, I just--"
Without the support of Kit's shoulders, Sam nearly collapsed into him. Embarrassed as he was, the blond gave in and grabbed onto the other boy again so that he wouldn't fall. "I probably should sit down. I'm sorry... today just hasn't been a great day for me... and I'm really embarrassed right now."

Little did he know that Kit was just as embarrassed as he was.

@Takumi

"Yeah I'm sure, and it was a misunderstanding of sorts. Some people become friends in the weirdest ways anyway." he replied, it made sense to him anyway. He found it as a way to reassure Sam that he wasn't going to lose Isolde to the Myre brothers or anything like that--and that he wasn't truely alone or a burden! Kit himself felt like a burden at times, but didn't bring it up and stayed polite to everyone. Treat others how you wanted to be treated and all that.

He grew startled and concerned when Sam had to grab onto him for support, grabbing the other by the arm on reflex to keep the other blonde steady, but let go just as quickly when he pulled away. When Sam held onto him again, he left his hand hovering there, unsure of if Sam needed the extra support.

"Are you dizzy, by any chance?" he asked, deciding to guide him to the nearest sitting spot.

"Today's been rough, yeah?" he sighed, what with Sandra's disappearance the night before and the book thefts and the sort-of-fight just a few minutes ago the day was already pretty hectic.

@Neko Shogun

Last edited:
Ian Miles the IV

" I wouldn't call it that," Ian replied. He didn't care much for Mary or if she got expelled. He cared about the house and not anyone else. He knew that good old Swagglebone would search the house, but he had nothing to hide. He decided to head back to the library. He did want to take out a book on preparing for the N.EW.T.S.

@Jeremi

"Then what would you call it?"
Professor Swagglebone asked Ian with a curious look on his face as the Slytherin student was taking his leave. "Perhaps, you are worrying about Slytherin's future, slightly commendable, I think."

@Khan of the Mardu

As Ian made his way to the library he heard rumors from all the students talking about Sandra and what it could entitle. Inside the library however he wasn't met by the same friendly if scatterbrained librarian from yesterday. This one was a gruff bald man with a scar over his right eye. The moment he had stepped in Ian could feel like he was being watched like a hawk.

@Lucky

Last edited:
"Yeah I'm sure, and it was a misunderstanding of sorts. Some people become friends in the weirdest ways anyway." he replied, it made sense to him anyway. He found it as a way to reassure Sam that he wasn't going to lose Isolde to the Myre brothers or anything like that--and that he wasn't truely alone or a burden! Kit himself felt like a burden at times, but didn't bring it up and stayed polite to everyone. Treat others how you wanted to be treated and all that.

He grew startled and concerned when Sam had to grab onto him for support, grabbing the other by the arm on reflex to keep the other blonde steady, but let go just as quickly when he pulled away. When Sam held onto him again, he left his hand hovering there, unsure of if Sam needed the extra support.

"Are you dizzy, by any chance?" he asked, deciding to guide him to the nearest sitting spot.

"Today's been rough, yeah?" he sighed, what with Sandra's disappearance the night before and the book thefts and the sort-of-fight just a few minutes ago the day was already pretty hectic.

@Neko Shogun
"Yeah, I'd say this is a pretty weird way to become friends..."

Sam found himself baffled by the fact that Kit was still interested in being his friend after all that had just happened. While he was right that people could become friends in strange ways, he couldn't picture many people would be willing to become friends with someone who had just outright attacked them. Kit must be a kind person in order to accept this, is the conclusion that Sam came up with. Maybe it really wouldn't be so bad becoming friends with him? If Isolde could be close friends with the Myre brothers than perhaps it wouldn't be so bad if he could get along with them as well.

The blond gave a small nod when asked if he was dizzy, continuing to hold onto Kit for support. "I've been too stressed out the past couple days. On top of that, getting worked up a minute ago wasn't very good for me," he admitted, gratefully moving to sit down when Kit would help him to a seat. He was pale and looked rather tired. Sometimes he wished his body wasn't so weak. Family curses really were a pain in the ass.

Sam folded his hands in his lap, fiddling with his thumbs as he would look down at them. "But I guess it hasn't been all bad... you were nice to me... so that's something good." Today still hadn't really been a good day though. Any day he didn't see Isolde really wasn't a good one in his book. He couldn't stop wondering where she had gone off to...

"Did you know her? Sandra, I mean," he added after a moment, surprised at how much he was able to speak with Kit. He even struggled talking with Mary sometimes, but it wasn't too hard with this kid. Maybe because Kit was a bit like himself.

@Takumi

"I'm not entirely sure what you mean with this balderdash of a possible new ghost in the girls' bathroom, but if you think it might be connected, then I'll try to assuage your suspicions and investigate then. I'll place my trust in you to report this promptly to Professor McGonagall, understood? Failure to do so could result in dire consequences, and I'm not just talking about some referral on my part," Juno said, attempting to sound firm and stern as she oft did as a Prefect, though the shakiness in her voice was evident, try as she might to hide it for appearance's sake, though... perhaps her words were ill-timed, circumstances considered.

Clearing her throat, she took a breath in an attempt to compose herself. "In any case, let us go then. Do take care," Juno said, and with that, made her way to the girls' bathroom, presumably with Wisteria and Melody in tow.

@Kaykay @Yun Lee @Josh @MelodyMeister @Jeremi

"Yeah, trust me, I'll talk to her. C'mon, Ross." Rio would now start to hunt down Professor McGonagall. Jeez, did Juno really have to threaten him like that? It wasn't like he was just gonna, y'know, leave it all. Ugh, whatever. Maybe he'd be lucky enough to never work with her again.

@Jeremi @Josh @Ver @Kaykay @MelodyMeister

"I'm not entirely sure what you mean with this balderdash of a possible new ghost in the girls' bathroom, but if you think it might be connected, then I'll try to assuage your suspicions and investigate then. I'll place my trust in you to report this promptly to Professor McGonagall, understood? Failure to do so could result in dire consequences, and I'm not just talking about some referral on my part," Juno said, attempting to sound firm and stern as she oft did as a Prefect, though the shakiness in her voice was evident, try as she might to hide it for appearance's sake, though... perhaps her words were ill-timed, circumstances considered.

Clearing her throat, she took a breath in an attempt to compose herself. "In any case, let us go then. Do take care," Juno said, and with that, made her way to the girls' bathroom, presumably with Wisteria and Melody in tow.

@Kaykay @Yun Lee @Josh @MelodyMeister @Jeremi

The girl's bathroom on the first floor, it was quite obvious which one it was. What has once been known as Moaning Myrtle's bathroom, but after all the ghosts in the castle had been banished when Umbridge came to power. Even with Myrtle gone this bathroom was still barely used by the student body. Probably because it was standing right on top the Chamber of Secrets.

Well inside there didn't appear to be much of note going on inside, until the trio suddenly heard some moaning coming from one of the bathroom stalls.​

@Ver @Kaykay @MelodyMeister @Bathroom

"Yeah, trust me, I'll talk to her. C'mon, Ross." Rio would now start to hunt down Professor McGonagall. Jeez, did Juno really have to threaten him like that? It wasn't like he was just gonna, y'know, leave it all. Ugh, whatever. Maybe he'd be lucky enough to never work with her again.

@Jeremi @Josh @Ver @Kaykay @MelodyMeister

Best bet to find Professor McGonagal could be to look in her office. First floor corridor near the staircase leading to the Serpentine corridor on the third floor. It didn't take them long to find it. The door was closed but perhaps a knock would reveal if anyone was inside?

@Josh @Yun Lee

Stanley didn't know how to react.

So, a student was found dead, shady shit had been happening with a professor, and all he wanted to do was relax and get his studies done. He hadn't felt comfortable interacting with anyone lately, and had mainly just kept to himself as they made their way back to the school. I mean, Sandra had turned up dead. He might not have known her too well, but a dead body was a dead body at the end of the day. Something that Stanley wasn't exactly comfortable dealing with. Hell, he didn't even want talk to his fellow Hufflepuff members. He just needed complete seclusion from everyone.

With nothing else to do, Stanley quietly shuffled his way to the library. It wasn't hard to tell that they had beefed up security there, what with the bald guy who looked like he ate nails for breakfast. He knew he should have stopped Mary from stealing that book. In a rush to avoid him, Stanley accidentally bumped into Ian, causing the former to fall over and drop the book he was holding.

"Oh! I'm sorry, Ian! Things have been so stressful lately that I must not have been paying attention." Stanley said as he shakily grabbed his book off the ground. If Ian had fallen as well, Stanley would offer to help him up.

@Jeremi @Lucky

Well, here goes nothing. Rio knocked on the door. "Professor? It's Rio."

@Jeremi @Josh

He had to be in suspense for a bit before he heard a voice from the inside. "The door is open Mr Myre."

As he opened the door he found Professor McGonagall reading some papers before she turned around. "With Mr Rhodes in tow I see, to what do I owe this visit?"

@Yun Lee @Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back