Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yeah, I'd say this is a pretty weird way to become friends..."

Sam found himself baffled by the fact that Kit was still interested in being his friend after all that had just happened. While he was right that people could become friends in strange ways, he couldn't picture many people would be willing to become friends with someone who had just outright attacked them. Kit must be a kind person in order to accept this, is the conclusion that Sam came up with. Maybe it really wouldn't be so bad becoming friends with him? If Isolde could be close friends with the Myre brothers than perhaps it wouldn't be so bad if he could get along with them as well.

The blond gave a small nod when asked if he was dizzy, continuing to hold onto Kit for support. "I've been too stressed out the past couple days. On top of that, getting worked up a minute ago wasn't very good for me," he admitted, gratefully moving to sit down when Kit would help him to a seat. He was pale and looked rather tired. Sometimes he wished his body wasn't so weak. Family curses really were a pain in the ass.

Sam folded his hands in his lap, fiddling with his thumbs as he would look down at them. "But I guess it hasn't been all bad... you were nice to me... so that's something good." Today still hadn't really been a good day though. Any day he didn't see Isolde really wasn't a good one in his book. He couldn't stop wondering where she had gone off to...

"Did you know her? Sandra, I mean," he added after a moment, surprised at how much he was able to speak with Kit. He even struggled talking with Mary sometimes, but it wasn't too hard with this kid. Maybe because Kit was a bit like himself.

@Takumi

"Y-yeah." Kit chuckled. It was probably crazy of him to some people how that whole situation was handled between them. It worked out it seemed, so Kit was rather happy about that at least.

"Well it's like the saying goes; treat others how you wish to be treated, right?" he pondered aloud, before being asked about Sandra.

"Not too well, but seeing her around she was really energetic, nice too. I think she might be a bit hyperactive, or that might just be because I'm not as energetic." he had tapped his chin at the end with a thoughtful hum, before sighing a bit.

"I hope she's found soon, I don't see how Headmistress Umbridge expects all of us not to worry." Kit didn't understand the woman--how could she expect most of the student body to continue studying? Some people could do it, but with one student mysteriously missing it was strange indeed.

@Neko Shogun

Juno felt a chill run down her spine as she entered the bathroom. Who would have thought that it was only when there were no more ghosts around that it made the paranoia of being watched feel even worse? And indeed, it didn't help that it was right atop the Chamber of Secrets. Even as a child, Juno had heard stories about it, from its first appearance fifty or sixty years ago, to more recently, when it was revealed that a monster lived within the school, petrifying poor students and even ghosts. Of course, she couldn't let her fear show, especially not while other students were nearby. She was a Prefect, after all, so with that in mind, Juno braved through the bathroom, seeing nothing at first. It was only when she let her guard down that the moaning was suddenly heard, and Juno jumped slightly, startled at the sudden sound, but refrained from gasping audibly.

With eyes wide in alarm, Juno decided to make the first move, gingerly tip-toeing her way toward the stall from which the sound originated. By all means, she didn't imagine the bathroom to be outright banned or forbidden from students, but it was just something people avoided on their own, so it wasn't as though they weren't well within their rights to be suspicious, right? From there, Juno slowly, yet deliberately knocked on the door of the stall, clearing her throat.

"E-Excuse me... Who's in there?"

@Kaykay @Jeremi @MelodyMeister

Juno felt a chill run down her spine as she entered the bathroom. Who would have thought that it was only when there were no more ghosts around that it made the paranoia of being watched feel even worse? And indeed, it didn't help that it was right atop the Chamber of Secrets. Even as a child, Juno had heard stories about it, from its first appearance fifty or sixty years ago, to more recently, when it was revealed that a monster lived within the school, petrifying poor students and even ghosts. Of course, she couldn't let her fear show, especially not while other students were nearby. She was a Prefect, after all, so with that in mind, Juno braved through the bathroom, seeing nothing at first. It was only when she let her guard down that the moaning was suddenly heard, and Juno jumped slightly, startled at the sudden sound, but refrained from gasping audibly.

With eyes wide in alarm, Juno decided to make the first move, gingerly tip-toeing her way toward the stall from which the sound originated. By all means, she didn't imagine the bathroom to be outright banned or forbidden from students, but it was just something people avoided on their own, so it wasn't as though they weren't well within their rights to be suspicious, right? From there, Juno slowly, yet deliberately knocked on the door of the stall, clearing her throat.

"E-Excuse me... Who's in there?"

@Kaykay @Jeremi @MelodyMeister

The knock caused whatever or whoever that was inside to shriek. "Aaaah! O-oh I'm so sorry...I-I wasn't expecting anyone to come in here..." The trio would recognize the voice to be their new Muggles studies teacher, Finnegan Fantasma. "W-What are you students doing here? In the...women's bathroom..."

@Ver @Kaykay @MelodyMeister

"Y-yeah." Kit chuckled. It was probably crazy of him to some people how that whole situation was handled between them. It worked out it seemed, so Kit was rather happy about that at least.

"Well it's like the saying goes; treat others how you wish to be treated, right?" he pondered aloud, before being asked about Sandra.

"Not too well, but seeing her around she was really energetic, nice too. I think she might be a bit hyperactive, or that might just be because I'm not as energetic." he had tapped his chin at the end with a thoughtful hum, before sighing a bit.

"I hope she's found soon, I don't see how Headmistress Umbridge expects all of us not to worry." Kit didn't understand the woman--how could she expect most of the student body to continue studying? Some people could do it, but with one student mysteriously missing it was strange indeed.

@Neko Shogun
"Treat others how you want to be treated," Sam mumbled in response, reflecting on what Kit had said to him. "I should... work on that. Although, people usually don't treat me how I'd like to be treated." Deep down, Sam wanted to be treated like everyone else--like he wasn't sick. He was tired of people asking him how he felt all the time or getting excused from things just because he didn't feel well. What he really wanted was for for people to ignore his sickness and look at him for who he really was. Still, he couldn't exactly blame people for being unable to do that. After all, his illness--his curse--was a big part of what people saw when they looked at him.

"I... hope she's found soon too," Samael admitted, his lips curling into a frown. "Honestly, I'm not happy class continued after something like that happening. It's not usually like me to skip class unless I'm too sick, but... I couldn't even focus on the thought of going to class after hearing about Sandra. It's too much and..." The boy trailed off, his gaze softening sadly. "I wish I could do something to help, but I feel so useless right now. The only thing I've done all day is give you some welts," the boy gestured toward Kit before letting out a sigh and running a hand through his blond hair. "And doing that wasn't even a productive or nice thing to do at all."

And speaking of the welts... "By the way, are you sure you're alright? I can... offer to counter-jinx to fix you up. Or, if you're tired of magic, we could at least get you some ice... There's no way they can't hurt. I've practiced that jinx on myself in the past, so I know-- Ah, I mean!" Sam cut himself off, squirming with his hands in his lap as his face would turn red. Yet again, the teen had managed to embarrass himself. Admittedly, Sam was so shy at times that he didn't even want to go to anyone for help with practicing spells. There were times when he had actually used spells on himself. As painful as they were, Sam surprisingly had a high tolerance for pain. Perhaps this was due to the fact that he was sick quite a lot.

@Takumi

Keith Carter - @Lunch
@nobodyinparticular​
“This next order of business however does concern you. It has come to my knowledge that there has been a theft of numerous highly volatile and highly important books from the libraries restricted section. ”

Umbridge sighed heavily before continuing. “Despite the severity of this, if anyone knows something or if the culprits themselves step up then no formal punishment will be delivered to anyone.” Umbridge waited for someone to speak up, but she was only met by silence. “No matter,” She finally said looking mighty pleased with herself. “You had your chance to come clean but now I and the faculty will have to take this into our own hands. You will be found and will get what is coming for you. Have a pleasant day of school, children.”
The final piece of the rumor mill that they heard was that the library had gotten more security and that the head of houses were investigating their respective houses for any clues or knowledge about the missing books.

Umbridge's speech was quite unnerving. Keith glanced down at his schoolbag, where the modified 'A Guide to Advanced Transfiguration' book was located. He hadn't stolen the book from the 'restricted section', he had borrowed it legitimately, but the phrase 'highly volatile and highly important' certainly matched the book's description. Could it be possible that Umbridge was referring to his book as well? He had thought that the book's unnatural properties (pages suddenly teaching how to cast curses) was the work of some malevolent third-party, but now, he thought, it could be the work of the faculty.

He suddenly realized that, if this was the case, he was in grave danger. He borrowed the book. The librarian no doubt kept records of who borrows what, and if the faculty really are behind all of this, it was only a matter of time before he was found. Umbridge's words echoed in his head as he froze, stared down at nothing, and was consumed by anxiety. He had never felt this way before.

Why did this have to happen on his final year...?​

Rio nodded, closing the door behind himself and Ross. Igmoring his pounding heart, he took a deep breath. Okay, he could totally do this. Normally and calmly.

"SandrawentmissingandtherewererumorsaboutHagridshutsomeandRosswenttocheckitoutbutJunocutinandsupervisedussowehadtogowithherandWisteriaandMelodywastheretooandtherewasthisbaldgruffguywithascarandinsidewasSandrascorpseanditwasreallymessedupandIthinkitwasUmbridgeandIdunnoiftheguysawusornotbutheyelledheyasweransoIdontknowbutalsopeoplethinktheresaghostinthegirlsbathroomsoIthinkitsSandrasghostsomaybewecantalktoherandseehowshedied."

Oh yeah. Smooth.

@Jeremi @Josh

"Then what would you call it?" Professor Swagglebone asked Ian with a curious look on his face as the Slytherin student was taking his leave. "Perhaps, you are worrying about Slytherin's future, slightly commendable, I think."

@Khan of the Mardu

As Ian made his way to the library he heard rumors from all the students talking about Sandra and what it could entitle. Inside the library however he wasn't met by the same friendly if scatterbrained librarian from yesterday. This one was a gruff bald man with a scar over his right eye. The moment he had stepped in Ian could feel like he was being watched like a hawk.

@Lucky
"Oh look, now he's pulling a note from my book," Mary muttered with a scowl as Ian left them standing there without providing a true answer to Swagglebone's question. For as much as someone else might see Ian's defense of her as some manner to make amends, she had a feeling that he was just playing at a game of some sort with her and with Swagglebone. He was out for himself in this, just like she was with the exception of a few friends she kept close, and thus his actions were meant to serve him and him alone.

Finally, after a moment of watching Ian walk away and not hearing a further question shot her way, the girl shrugged towards the teacher and began to turn away, "Well, if that's all, sir, I'm going to head off now. I have a class in a little while, so I'd like to be able to use the restroom before my free time is up."

@Jeremi @Lucky

Melody felt cold as she walked behind Juno and Wisteria, now that she was calmer, she was incredibly nervous this time. There was a reason she never used this bathroom, not just because she always goes on the first floor. No, it was because of the chamber of secrets, despite her parents always joking she'll fit in Slytherin, she found their blood discrimination unsettling, maybe that was why she didn't end up in that house. She played with the taps until she heard Juno ask someone something, as if someone was actually doing their business in such a dreadful place.
"We ARE women! Oh, sorry about that..I don't think my sentences properly, what are YOU doing here? In fact, who are you?"
Being a muggle born, Melody obviously wouldn't take muggle studies.
@Jeremi @Ver @Kaykay

Last edited:
"Treat others how you want to be treated," Sam mumbled in response, reflecting on what Kit had said to him. "I should... work on that. Although, people usually don't treat me how I'd like to be treated." Deep down, Sam wanted to be treated like everyone else--like he wasn't sick. He was tired of people asking him how he felt all the time or getting excused from things just because he didn't feel well. What he really wanted was for for people to ignore his sickness and look at him for who he really was. Still, he couldn't exactly blame people for being unable to do that. After all, his illness--his curse--was a big part of what people saw when they looked at him.

"I... hope she's found soon too," Samael admitted, his lips curling into a frown. "Honestly, I'm not happy class continued after something like that happening. It's not usually like me to skip class unless I'm too sick, but... I couldn't even focus on the thought of going to class after hearing about Sandra. It's too much and..." The boy trailed off, his gaze softening sadly. "I wish I could do something to help, but I feel so useless right now. The only thing I've done all day is give you some welts," the boy gestured toward Kit before letting out a sigh and running a hand through his blond hair. "And doing that wasn't even a productive or nice thing to do at all."

And speaking of the welts... "By the way, are you sure you're alright? I can... offer to counter-jinx to fix you up. Or, if you're tired of magic, we could at least get you some ice... There's no way they can't hurt. I've practiced that jinx on myself in the past, so I know-- Ah, I mean!" Sam cut himself off, squirming with his hands in his lap as his face would turn red. Yet again, the teen had managed to embarrass himself. Admittedly, Sam was so shy at times that he didn't even want to go to anyone for help with practicing spells. There were times when he had actually used spells on himself. As painful as they were, Sam surprisingly had a high tolerance for pain. Perhaps this was due to the fact that he was sick quite a lot.

@Takumi

Kit could understand wanting to be treated how he'd like, at least to a degree. He knew that not everyone could get along, as sad as that sounded.

"I honestly wish there was something I could do to help find her, most of the people in my class kept talking about it--actually, I had heard a few rumors at the table, but...I dunno." he sighed. He was pretty sure Rio had mentioned something about going to see if they were true while Kit went to talk to Sam.

"Well, they hurt, b-but using a counter jinx would probably be for the--wait, you've used it in yourself before?" Kit cut himself off to give Sam a confused gaze. What? Why would he do that?? He didn't quite understand, and Sam's embarrassment about it kind of made him slightly more confused.

@Neko Shogun

Keith Carter - @Lunch
@nobodyinparticular​

Umbridge's speech was quite unnerving. Keith glanced down at his schoolbag, where the modified 'A Guide to Advanced Transfiguration' book was located. He hadn't stolen the book from the 'restricted section', he had borrowed it legitimately, but the phrase 'highly volatile and highly important' certainly matched the book's description. Could it be possible that Umbridge was referring to his book as well? He had thought that the book's unnatural properties (pages suddenly teaching how to cast curses) was the work of some malevolent third-party, but now, he thought, it could be the work of the faculty.

He suddenly realized that, if this was the case, he was in grave danger. He borrowed the book. The librarian no doubt kept records of who borrows what, and if the faculty really are behind all of this, it was only a matter of time before he was found. Umbridge's words echoed in his head as he froze, stared down at nothing, and was consumed by anxiety. He had never felt this way before.

Why did this have to happen on his final year...?​
Considering that Gavin was quite busy working on those spells of his, Julius decided to let him be. If it meant something that he could easily replicate and modify to his own liking, he'll leave that work to Gavin for now. That's when he noticed another person over at the Gryffindor table. Poor guy looked like he was seeing a ghost or something. What could be his problem anyways?

❝ Hey, are you feeling unwell? You've gotten a tad pale. ❞ Julius worked up a worried expression on his face, stepping over to where Keith was seated at.

@Otto

"Just looking to use the bathroom," Wisteria replied casually with a shrug. "Whatcha up to?"

@Ver @Jeremi @MelodyMeister
Melody felt cold as she walked behind Juno and Wisteria, now that she was calmer, she was incredibly nervous this time. There was a reason she never used this bathroom, not just because she always goes on the first floor. No, it was because of the chamber of secrets, despite her parents always joking she'll fit in Slytherin, she found their blood discrimination unsettling, maybe that was why she didn't end up in that house. She played with the taps until she heard Juno ask someone something, as if someone was actually doing their business in such a dreadful place.
"We ARE women! Oh, sorry about that..I don't think my sentences properly, what are YOU doing here? In fact, who are you?"
@Jeremi @Ver @Kaykay

Professor Fantasma was quiet for a long while before responding after a awkwardly long silence. "I-I have irritable bowl s-syndrome t-that releases w-w-when I'm stressed. I went in here because...because I figured I-I could be alone." Well, that was one mystery solved.

Rio nodded, closing the door behind himself and Ross. Igmoring his pounding heart, he took a deep breath. Okay, he could totally do this. Normally and calmly.

"SandrawentmissingandtherewererumorsaboutHagridshutsomeandRosswenttocheckitoutbutJunocutinandsupervisedussowehadtogowithherandWisteriaandMelodywastheretooandtherewasthisbaldgruffguywithascarandinsidewasSandrascorpseanditwasreallymessedupandIthinkitwasUmbridgeandIdunnoiftheguysawusornotbutheyelledheyasweransoIdontknowbutalsopeoplethinktheresaghostinthegirlsbathroomsoIthinkitsSandrasghostsomaybewecantalktoherandseehowshedied."

Oh yeah. Smooth.

@Jeremi @Josh

McGonagall listened as best she could at Rio's ramblings and as he came close to finishing her face was as pale as a ghost as she got from her chair and closed the door behind them mumbling something about how it's happening all over again. "Did I not tell you, Mr Myre to keep your head low and try not to attract any attention!" The color had returned to her cheeks but now her entire face was crimson red. "What possessed you to do something so foolhardy! Dragging others with you I bet! This is very serious, very serious indeed! Did someone see you come in here?"

@Yun Lee @Josh

"Oh look, now he's pulling a note from my book," Mary muttered with a scowl as Ian left them standing there without providing a true answer to Swagglebone's question. For as much as someone else might see Ian's defense of her as some manner to make amends, she had a feeling that he was just playing at a game of some sort with her and with Swagglebone. He was out for himself in this, just like she was with the exception of a few friends she kept close, and thus his actions were meant to serve him and him alone.

Finally, after a moment of watching Ian walk away and not hearing a further question shot her way, the girl shrugged towards the teacher and began to turn away, "Well, if that's all, sir, I'm going to head off now. I have a class in a little while, so I'd like to be able to use the restroom before my free time is up."

@Jeremi @Lucky

"And to no doubt study hard I bet."
Professor Swagglebone replied with what seemed to be a chipper tone. "Knowledge is power after all."

@Khan of the Mardu

"A-And just let Sandra vanish without a trace?! I can't do that! I didn't know that Umbridge would be doing something like this! I have friends here! Hell, my little brother is at this school!" Rio was shaking now. "N-No, no one saw us. The only people who know anything are the two of us, Juno, Wisteria, and Melody." Mentioning the younger Gryffindor, Rio hung his head. "She....tagged along without us knowing until we got there."

@Jeremi @Josh

"A-And just let Sandra vanish without a trace?! I can't do that! I didn't know that Umbridge would be doing something like this! I have friends here! Hell, my little brother is at this school!" Rio was shaking now. "N-No, no one saw us. The only people who know anything are the two of us, Juno, Wisteria, and Melody." Mentioning the younger Gryffindor, Rio hung his head. "She....tagged along without us knowing until we got there."

@Jeremi @Josh

"Sandra's body is in Hagrid's hut because of the fact that Umbridge can't know that there is one."
Professor McGonagall replied in a very serious tone. "For all instance and purpose Umbridge believes that she vanished into the Forbidden Forest, and I intend to keep it that way." Hearing how many had been part of this caused her to frown her brown. "What's done is done however..." She sighed heavily. "Can I trust you to keep quiet about this? The fate of Hogwarts rests on it."

@Josh @Yun Lee

"A-Absolutely! No one is gonna know. But uh...why is there a body at all? Like, why did Sandra die in the first place?"

@Jeremi @Josh

Professor Fantasma was quiet for a long while before responding after a awkwardly long silence. "I-I have irritable bowl s-syndrome t-that releases w-w-when I'm stressed. I went in here because...because I figured I-I could be alone." Well, that was one mystery solved.
"Miss Cristala, it really would do you well to mind your manners. It's just Professor Fantasma, of Muggle Studies," Juno lightly reprimanded the younger student with a stern voice, before clearing her throat, continuing to speak, now with a more polite and soft tone as she turned toward the skittish professor.

"My... erm, apologies and condolences, professor. Really though, is it really the best idea to be going to a bathroom like this? Considering the... rumors, old and recent, was there really not a better place to settle?" Juno asked, rubbing the back of her neck somewhat uncomfortably. If irritable bowel syndrome was the key to the oddities surrounding this place as of late, then she wasn't sure how she'd take it.

"People might think you're... up to something."

@Jeremi @Kaykay @MelodyMeister

Last edited:
"A-Absolutely! No one is gonna know. But uh...why is there a body at all? Like, why did Sandra die in the first place?"

@Jeremi @Josh

"The less you know the better,"
McGonagall said pushing the two boys towards the door. "Find the others and tell them what I told you. Not a peep to this to anyone else. Our future depends on it." She opened the door and pushed them out. "We never had this conversation." And slammed the door right in their faces.

@Josh @Yun Lee

"Miss Cristala, it really would do you well to mind your manners. It's just Professor Fantasma, of Muggle Studies," Juno lightly reprimanded the younger student with a stern voice, before clearing her throat, continuing to speak, now with a more polite and soft tone as she turned toward the skittish professor.

"My... erm, apologies and condolences, professor. Really though, is it really the best idea to be going to a bathroom like this? Considering the... rumors, old and recent, was there really not a better place to settle?" Juno asked, rubbing the back of her neck somewhat uncomfortably. If irritable bowel syndrome was the key to the oddities surrounding this place as of late, then she wasn't sure how she'd take it.

"People might think you're... up to something."

@Jeremi @Kaykay @MelodyMeister

That final part caused a rumbling and a groan to come from the poor professor. "I-I swear I'm not! It's...it's just as I'm telling you right now. P-please believe me." Was this guy really a teacher?

@Ver @Kaykay @MelodyMeister

In the morning instead of making it to classes the Head of each house would enter and instruct them to head to the Great Hall for an emergency meeting. As everyone took their seats Hogwarts illustrious headmistress Dolores Umbridge went up to the podium. No one could quite tell what this was all about, especially not by Umbridge’s expression. “Dear children…it’s with a heavy heart that I must inform you that…there has been an…accident during the night. I assure you all that it is nothing that you children need to worry about however. I and the faculty are working on it as we speak, you just worry those heads of yours on the academic part of it all.” As Umbridge said that lips pursed. “This next order of business however does concern you. It has come to my knowledge that there has been a theft of numerous highly volatile and highly important books from the libraries restricted section. ”

Umbridged sighed heavily before continuing. “Despite the severity of this, if anyone knows something or if the culprits themselves step up then no formal punishment will be delivered to anyone.” Umbridged waited for someone to speak up, but she was only met by silence. “No matter,” She finally said looking mighty pleased with herself. “You had your chance to come clean but now I and the faculty will have to take this into our own hands. You will be found and will get what is coming for you. Have a pleasant day of school, children.” With that the gathering was abruptly ended and all teachers and students returned to their regular routine of classes. Though there wasn’t much teaching being done since everyone seemed to be talking about this accident that had occurred. No one seemed to know what this was all about.

It was a dark and cloudy day as lunch came around with rain hitting the windows and the halls filled with students again the chatter was still on the accident. Talks from Hufflepuff however seemed to have some hints as to might have been going on. The 4th year student from Hufflepuff, Sandra Mellanox had not been seen since yesterday during first period.

It seemed that if anyone wanted to know what had happened. They had to start asking around to try and find any clues that might give them some idea about what had gone on during the night. What had happened to Sandra?
Rolien Langenberg
Rolien Langenberg listened carefully at the announcement made. Yet, she had difficulty to follow it entirely. There were words used that she did not know what they meant. Yet, she was certain of one thing, something was wrong. And it was something involving the library. Yet, she had no idea what kind of books Umbridge talked about. Which left her with questions.
During lunch, Rolien kept almost completely to herself. Trying to figure out in her mind what was said.

After lunch, Lorien went on her own to the library. However, she lost herself in the school for a got ten minutes before she would eventually reach the library. Once she reached it, she started to search for books regarding languages, Muggle languages to be precise. Yet, not understanding fully what the word meant. As she searched, she eventually stumbled upon the dictionary 'Dutch' and 'English - Dutch'. She grabbed both books and looked into them. The books being surprisingly very up-to-date. She walked to one of the tables and sat down on chair and laid both down in front of her. She began with the one from English to Dutch. She started to look up the words she didn't understand from the announcement. Or at least what she remembered of it. She first searched under the letter 'A' for 'academic'. It didn't take her long to find the word. She then took the Dutch dictionary and started to look up the word 'Academisch'. She quietly speaks what she found.
"Academisch... aca-de-misch. Bijvoegelijk naamwoord. Van of aan een academie. Hij is academisch geschoold, als hij heeft op de universiteit gezeten..." she took a moment to read this over several times.
"Interessant... Nu de volgende..." she said quietly.
She then took the first book again and started to look for the next word. 'Volatile', yet with this word, she had a lot of difficulty to find as she didn't entirely understand the word. Searching it under the letter 'F' in the dictionary, but after a while she failed to find it. She then started to search under the letter 'V'. After a while searching, she did finally find the word.
"Vluchtig. Vluch-tig. Bijvoegelijk naamwoord. Natuurkunde, gemakkelijk in damp overgaand. Bij deze temperatuur is zink een vrij vluchtige substantie. Hmm... dat is niet echt makkelijk te begrijpen... het volgende... Zonder al teveel aandacht voor alle details. Bij een vluchtig onderzoek kwam dit snel boven water." Rolien read quietly, yet it was loud enough for people near her to hear it clearly.
She then starts to search for the third word 'restricted'.
"Beperkt. Be-perkt. Bijvoegelijk naamwoord. Verminderd, met specifieke grenzen. Dus, beperkte toegang...?" she said and thought out loud.
There was one last word she was unaware of, 'severity'. Yet, she could immagine that whatever kind of punishment these people would get, it wasn't going to be a nice one.

Keith Carter - @Lunch
@Gummi Bunnies
Considering that Gavin was quite busy working on those spells of his, Julius decided to let him be. If it meant something that he could easily replicate and modify to his own liking, he'll leave that work to Gavin for now. That's when he noticed another person over at the Gryffindor table. Poor guy looked like he was seeing a ghost or something. What could be his problem anyways?

❝ Hey, are you feeling unwell? You've gotten a tad pale. ❞ Julius worked up a worried expression on his face, stepping over to where Keith was seated at.

@Otto
Keith was freed from the abyss that was the recesses of his mind after Julius had suddenly spoken to him. He looked up abruptly, giving off the impression that he was startled. His expression went from looking fearful to looking relieved as he recognized that the one who had caught his attention was a fellow student, albeit one from a different house. He contemplated for a moment, trying to decide if he should tell Julius about his unusual anxiety.

"I--um, I'm fine... physically, that is. It's just that--well you probably won't believe me--" he stammered, glancing down at his schoolbag again. He sighed heavily and suddenly his nervousness was replaced with seriousness. He looked around and then spoke in a quiet, yet audible voice. "Do you remember Umbridge's announcement? That thing about 'highly volatile and highly important' books being stolen from the restricted section of the library? Well, I wasn't one of the people who stole a restricted book, but I did encounter a seemingly ordinary book that teaches curses on some pages..."

A worried expression appeared on his face. "Concerned, I... tried to show the librarian a page that taught Fiendfyre, but then the page in question disappeared, so she didn't believe me. It's almost like... the book's sentient, or something. A book like that is dangerous, so..." He put both of his elbows on the table and placed his hands on the sides of his head. "Like a total fucking idiot, I borrowed the damn thing, thinking that if the faculty couldn't take care of the problem, I could, but now it seems that the faculty was already aware of the book's existence, which means that they could be the ones responsible for the book being there in the first place, and because they keep records of who borrows what--"

How strange.​

Last edited:
Well. Okay then.

Yeah, something was going on here. Something big, and something very bad. And for whatever reason, McGonagall knew way more than anyone else. But then...what did Umbridge know? What was happening, and most importantly...why???

Rio sighed, and turned to Ross. "I...guess we go over to the girls, then? They might still be at the bathroom, looking for Sandra's ghost." It'd be easier to find them now all together, than to hunt them down throughout the day. That would make them look waaay more suspect. Either way Ross answered, Rio would go there himself.

@Josh @Jeremi @Ver @Kaykay @MelodyMeister

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back