Status
Not open for further replies.
Wisteria followed the group into the hut as well, quietly climbing through the window. She paused for a moment when Melody fell through. Did the guard outside hear that? Well, hopefully not. That'd cut their little adventure real short.

"Ahaha, well it's probably important," she replied to Rio. "But maybe the guy outside just lives here now. Double duty, you know?"

Though she had to admit, it really was quite strange that the hut appeared to actually still be in use. There had to be a reason. For now, she left the white sheet to Melody and Rio. Calmly taking a look around the place, she began looking for anything else besides the sheet along with Juno.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Josh @Ver @MelodyMeister

Last edited:
Well, this wasn't what Rio had expected. Hadn't this place been abandoned? Ah, well. He would slip over to the table and look at what was spawled on it. "If they need to protect it, it's gotta be something important," he whispered to anyone else inside. If no one else was inside he would just be whispering to himself like an idiot.

@Jeremi @Josh @Ver @Kaykay @MelodyMeister

Going in closer it was clear that whatever was covered had a human silhouette to it. There was some red spots going through it as well.

The others who were investigating the hut didn't find anything else that seemed useful, only what seemed to be tea brewing over the open fire. Melody crashing to the floor seemed to make the guard stir but he wasn't evidently trying to get in. Best not to push your luck though.

@Yun Lee @Josh @Ver @Kaykay @MelodyMeister

Kit flinched when Sam's tone changed and he pointed his wand at him, accusing him and his brother of things like playing a joke and keeping Isolde from him. Hearing these things...they hurt. Is that really how Sam saw the two? The blond felt his chest grow tight as he took in a shaky breath, feeling tears well up from being yelled at in such a nasty tone, and what was said about his brother to boot. He quickly tried to blink away the tears though, because he couldn't start crying now or he wouldn't be able to properly try to explain himself.

Swallowing the lump in his throat and licking his lips as his mind raced to find a way to difuse the situation and try to make it clear that Rio would never do a thing like that at all--especially to Sam, his girlfriend's brother of all people Kit realized that he was shaking, not out of fear or anger, just out of a feeling of genuine hurt.

"S-Sam, Rio wouldn't--!" he started to stutter, his voice raising just a little so he could even be heard among the other boy's accusations and threatening posture.

And then the stinging jinx came and being as emotionally high strung as he was, the hairs on the back of his neck and arms on end as he tried to move to the side.

Sadly, his reflexes weren't quite fast enough and the jinx had hit home, and Kit lost balance and ended up on the floor with a thump, wincing as he felt welps begin to form. If this was how it felt to be stung by what felt like ten bees, he hoped to never feel the actual sting of one.

@Neko Shogun
Thump

Sam flinched at the sound of Kit hitting the floor.

He hoped that the other boy would manage to dodge his spell, but this never happened. Instead the boy had been hit and ended up knocked over onto the ground. The blond wasn't sure if any teachers had witnessed this, but he honestly hoped that he would get in trouble for his cruel misuse of magic. He immediately regretted what he had done and wished that he could take it back. What should he even do next? Sam froze in place, still inwardly panicking while his heart raced a million miles an hour. Should he run away? Should he offer his hand to Kit and try to help him stand up? But what if Kit didn't want to take his hand after that?

Samael held his breath and extended a shaky hand out to Kit, averting his gaze as fresh tears dribbled down his own cheeks. The blond worried that if he looked directly at the Myre he might break out into sobs. He felt terrible for not only attacking him with magic, but yelling at him as well. He had no proof that Kit and Rio had anything to do with Isolde not being around, and they weren't the type of people to pull a prank on him like that in general.

"I-I'm so sorry for that," Sam mumbled, his voice stuttering. "I'm sorry," he repeated, tears continuing to pour down his cheeks. The boy tensed his body, fighting with every ounce of his being against the urge to start sobbing. If anyone deserved to cry, it was Kit after how Sam had just treated him. Samael felt he didn't deserve to be upset right now.

"I'm really sorry I--" Sam cut himself off, contorting his expression. "I feel really sick today a-and not thinking clearly. Isolde isn't around and I don't have any other friends I-I can reply on. When she's n-not around I'm alone and I... f-f-f... fight this b-by my--"

I fight this by myself.

"N-Never mind. Just let me help you up," he said, keeping his hand extended to Kit.

@Takumi @Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu

"Melody! Shh!" Rio frowned at the loud noise Melody made, then sighed. She was just a kid...but still. "Well, judging by this setup, it's pretty clearly a dead body. I'm gonna look at it, so if no one wants to see it, look away."

That being said, Rio lifted up the sheet to see what-or who-was underneath.

@Jeremi @Ver @Kaykay @MelodyMeister @Josh

"Melody! Shh!" Rio frowned at the loud noise Melody made, then sighed. She was just a kid...but still. "Well, judging by this setup, it's pretty clearly a dead body. I'm gonna look at it, so if no one wants to see it, look away."

That being said, Rio lifted up the sheet to see what-or who-was underneath.

It was Sandra, well, what was left of Sandra. It looked like her entire ribcage had been ripped apart, and every organ was gone. The only thing staring back at Rio was Sandra's cold, lifeless eyes.

@Yun Lee @Ver @Kaykay @MelodyMeister @Josh

"...!"

Rio wanted to vomit. In fact, he almost did. That was Sandra all right. The last time he saw her, she was so happy and energetic. But...but now... what did they do to her??

"The...the..." He almost couldn't say what he wanted to, as the usually happy-go-lucky Gryffindor was now shaking and pale. But he swallowed back the lump in his throat, and choked out, "The...g-g-ghost in the b-bathroom...we should..."

Thump

Sam flinched at the sound of Kit hitting the floor.

He hoped that the other boy would manage to dodge his spell, but this never happened. Instead the boy had been hit and ended up knocked over onto the ground. The blond wasn't sure if any teachers had witnessed this, but he honestly hoped that he would get in trouble for his cruel misuse of magic. He immediately regretted what he had done and wished that he could take it back. What should he even do next? Sam froze in place, still inwardly panicking while his heart raced a million miles an hour. Should he run away? Should he offer his hand to Kit and try to help him stand up? But what if Kit didn't want to take his hand after that?

Samael held his breath and extended a shaky hand out to Kit, averting his gaze as fresh tears dribbled down his own cheeks. The blond worried that if he looked directly at the Myre he might break out into sobs. He felt terrible for not only attacking him with magic, but yelling at him as well. He had no proof that Kit and Rio had anything to do with Isolde not being around, and they weren't the type of people to pull a prank on him like that in general.

"I-I'm so sorry for that," Sam mumbled, his voice stuttering. "I'm sorry," he repeated, tears continuing to pour down his cheeks. The boy tensed his body, fighting with every ounce of his being against the urge to start sobbing. If anyone deserved to cry, it was Kit after how Sam had just treated him. Samael felt he didn't deserve to be upset right now.

"I'm really sorry I--" Sam cut himself off, contorting his expression. "I feel really sick today a-and not thinking clearly. Isolde isn't around and I don't have any other friends I-I can reply on. When she's n-not around I'm alone and I... f-f-f... fight this b-by my--"

I fight this by myself.

"N-Never mind. Just let me help you up," he said, keeping his hand extended to Kit.

@Takumi @Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu

Kit didn't move for a second, tears finally pouring down his cheeks like a dam bursting. Okay, he wasn't full out balling or anything, but that didn't stop the few tears that got into his hair and wet his cheeks a bit. He hated crying so much in front of others, because it was like he couldn't stop once it started and, well, crying was ugly sometimes.

It's like someone turned on a faucet part way and just let the water trickle. a random thought, but an accurate one at the moment. He looked up at Sam and his outstretched hand, and after a moment of silent thought upon hearing the other boy's apology it was with a shaky hand that he let the other help him up.

Being polite as he was, when he did get mad ot wasn't for long before he could forgive. Sniffling as he wiped at the tears rolling down his cheeks he ignored the pain in his chest from that hurt feeling and the jinx enough to try and look like he wasn't in as much pain as he may have honestly been in.

"I-I get why you were m-mad, and you're being genuine...so I can forgive that." Kit responded quietly. He just wanted to leave the Grand Hall, go some place quiet.

He also wanted Sam to stop crying, because Kit felt bad enough about even making the boy angry like that. It was almost like if you saw someone kick a puppy that growled and bit you a couple minutes ago.

His brows furrowed then, thinking over Sam's words more as he tried to keep anymore tears at bay.

"...you're alone? Do you...really believe that? C-cause you have Mary, Rio and me, as well as Isolde. We're not awfully close and you might not like me or my brother, b-but I never mind lending an ear to anyone who'd ever need it." he muttered, wiping at his tear stained face one last time.

Human beings were compassionate, as well as competitive, which was a part of their nature as well as their evolution. Kit just happened to be more of the former than the later--unless it was for cheering on his brother during a Quidditch match to boost the older Myre's morale. That wasn't important right now though, if he could at least make a friend in Sam, or just get him to maybe open up to someone some more and to realize he wasn't alone like he thinks he is, than the pain in Kit's chest would definitely hurt less.

@Neko Shogun @Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu

Melody held her hands to her mouth, She’s never even seen a dead body before, and the smell of it was nearly unbearable.
“...This..must be Sandra, Isn’t it? My goodness..The sight of it wants to make me vomit alone.”
Melody felt bile coming up her mouth and she wanted to scream, but she kept the hands tightly on her lips. She looked around the room, now scared of what’s around.
“Ah..we should go..It’s obvious that either an animal or someone killed her...What was that, Rio?”
Despite Melody keeping her voice steady, she seemed to be shaking and breathing heavily, a panic attack, at this time? Well, anyways, she did seem dizzy and backed away from the body in a strange manner.

"They...they said a ghost...in the girls' bathroom..." Rio desperately tried to regain his composure, but he was having a really hard time doing so. Poor, poor Sandra...she was just a kid. And to be so brutally murdered...

"We gotta get out of here," he said. Above all else he wanted to find Kit. Make sure his brother was okay.

@Jeremi @MelodyMeister @Ver @Kaykay @Josh

Rio was one of the last ones in, freezing in his track when he saw the body.

"Holy crap... That's a dead fuckin' body."

Ross took a breath, rubbing his hand into his hair, than Ross took control.

Melody, you didn't see anything, Okay. Find kit, Rio's brother. Tell him that Ross and Rio need him. Now go...quietly."

Turning to the other two girls and Rio, he suggested a bold plan.

"They're going to cove this up unless we make sure they can't. Now, here me out, We should move here body. Somewhere public. Sandra doesn't deserve to be swept under the rug."

Last edited:
"Melody, do not get Kit," Rio whispered, before hissing at Ross. "Are you high?! I'm not getting my little brother tangled up in this! Look, yeah, I'll move the body, but Kit is not part of this!"

@Josh @MelodyMeister @Ver @Kaykay

"We need someone who is none of us to find it, man! If any of us get caught in a jam, I'll take the fall, okay? Just trust me."

Getting into Rio's face, Ross pushed his friend before backing off.

"Look, you and I will handle the body. We ditch the body somewhere noticeable, The ice queen of there or Wissy tells kit to meet us at that place. He doesn't find us, he finds the body."

Frowning, he continued.

"Than we fill him in on the truth on later. Look, you have another idea? We have too many people to come up with a giant group alibi. We need to be smart, Rio. We're all in deep shit. "

@Yun Lee @MelodyMeister @Ver @Kaykay

"Can't someone else find it? Why can't we pretend one of us found it? That'll give one of us an alibi, and then the other four, we can figure something out. I just..." Rio looked at the body, then shook his head. "He's soft. Seeing that would fuck Kit up big time."

@Josh @Ver @Kaykay @MelodyMeister

Wisteria scratched her head as she and Juno didn't really seem to find much. With that out of the way she turned to see what Rio found under the sheet...and froze. Almost paralyzed, Wisteria raised a hand to her neck, as though trying to prevent herself from throwing up as well. The young witch couldn't believe her eyes. This was far beyond anything she could have anticipated. In fact, it was so far outside her expectations she reconsidered the whole situation.

"...It's a prank, right? I mean, this is Hogwarts. Nothing a bit of magic can't replicate..."

Yet, it was hard even for her to take her own suggestion seriously. She shook her head as quickly as the words left her mouth. Who would do something this elaborate as a prank somewhere nobody would ever find it? Furthermore, who was going to examine the corpse closely enough to find out? Wisteria certainly enough didn't wish to. She had to calm down. With slower, deeper breaths, her hand fell back to her side. There was no time to panic, and with the guard outside a bad reaction could even be fatal.

As Ross and Rio discussed their plans, Wisteria placed herself between them.

"I know we gotta do something smart Ross, but Rio doesn't want Kit to have to see...this. I mean, he's a quiet kid already, it's more than just a little mean to show him something like this without warning, isn't it?" she whispered with a forced smile, attempting to prevent much further argument. "If you two...move her, I-I can pretend to find the body. Nobody's seen us as a group over here yet, right? So there's no reason it can't be one of us, as long as we sell it well."

As far as she was aware, it wasn't like there was much connecting the current group that Kit wouldn't also be suspected of. So as long as they got out of here discretely as well, there was no need to involve their other friends.

"Besides, what if Kit panics and spills out to whoever else sees the body in a 'noticeable place?' He wouldn't know it's not something he's not supposed to say we were involved in, if we don't tell him first."

@Josh @Ver @Yun Lee @MelodyMeister

Melody realises what situation she’s in, and while she’s scared, she seemed to be strangely serious and yet..casual? As if there wasn’t a very real chance of death.
“Ahaha..As long as everyone can lie with ease, there should be no need to contact such a softie, No need to bring someone else down. I agree with Wisteria, place the body somewhere where everyone can see it. There’s never been a school shooting..or school massacre since there’s no way to cover that, so it’s either reveal to everybody or nothing. If we keep the idea to us and that Kit..I hate to imagine what will happen.”
Melody said this while smiling, of course, she knows the seriousness of it, but there’s no point in being her fearful self. She looked away from the body though, and looked over to the guard, thinking how to get away with this plan.
“Say, can anyone of you do apparition, that could be easier.”
@Josh @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Ver

When Juno saw the mutilated form of what was left of Sandra, her reaction mirrored Rio's; a feeling of complete and utter dread, mostly in the form of feeling the need to vomit. The young witch could feel the churning in her stomach as the rotting corpse's scent infected her nostrils. She stepped back in shock, her legs nearly threatening to give way as she felt strength leave them, as she had to cover her own mouth in order to keep herself from shrieking in horror right then and there. She had never seen something as ghastly as that sight before, and she was sure that it wouldn't leave her mind for days, if not weeks, to come, if ever.

Juno took a little more time to recover from that shock while Ross and Rio put forward ideas, the American boy suggesting to reveal the body to everyone, while Rio mentioned something about a ghost. She could barely register the words as they were; they were talking too fast for her. The Prefect could feel her head spinning, and struggled to even keep her balance on her own two feet, barely able to even disagree or agree with the plans put forward. It all went against her intuition; she wanted to ask why not just inform Headmistress Umbridge of the scene, but for some reason, even she wasn't convinced that it was the best course of action, deep down in her heart, so she was caught at a massive impasse within her own heart.

So much for "leadership skills" as a Prefect.

"T-Then... It's agreed, we're not involving Rio's younger brother in this. It's bad enough that we s-stumbled upon this ourselves," Juno stammered, fighting against the words that felt like they wanted to get caught up in her throat, "But... D-Disregarding the questionable ethics of moving this body, are any of you e-even confident enough to get it past the guard?! Besides, forget some sneaky tactic like that! Why couldn't we just go to someone like..."

Umbridge?

"... P-Professor McGonagall?"

@Kaykay @Josh @Yun Lee @MelodyMeister

"Oh, shit."

Everything was starting to connect. McGonagall's message, the Dark Arts cancellation, and now this... Rio put his hands on either side of his head, eyes widening as it all clicked. In just a moment, he exlained this epiphany to his classmates.

"You guys...this was Umbridge's work." His voice was hushed, as if he was thinking out loud. "McGonagall told the Gryffindors to stay under Umbridge's radar this year. We got locked in last night and this happened to Sandra...this thug guy guarding the body, no Dark Arts classes and she's looking for people who took the books...shit, she's gonna kill us all!"

Oh God...Kit and Isolde were here at this nightmare school with him. They could get hurt if he wasn't careful. "We gotta talk to McGonagall. She's the only one who knows what's going on!"

@Ver @Josh @Kaykay @MelodyMeister

When Juno saw the mutilated form of what was left of Sandra, her reaction mirrored Rio's; a feeling of complete and utter dread, mostly in the form of feeling the need to vomit. The young witch could feel the churning in her stomach as the rotting corpse's scent infected her nostrils. She stepped back in shock, her legs nearly threatening to give way as she felt strength leave them, as she had to cover her own mouth in order to keep herself from shrieking in horror right then and there. She had never seen something as ghastly as that sight before, and she was sure that it wouldn't leave her mind for days, if not weeks, to come, if ever.

Juno took a little more time to recover from that shock while Ross and Rio put forward ideas, the American boy suggesting to reveal the body to everyone, while Rio mentioned something about a ghost. She could barely register the words as they were; they were talking too fast for her. The Prefect could feel her head spinning, and struggled to even keep her balance on her own two feet, barely able to even disagree or agree with the plans put forward. It all went against her intuition; she wanted to ask why not just inform Headmistress Umbridge of the scene, but for some reason, even she wasn't convinced that it was the best course of action, deep down in her heart, so she was caught at a massive impasse within her own heart.

So much for "leadership skills" as a Prefect.

"T-Then... It's agreed, we're not involving Rio's younger brother in this. It's bad enough that we s-stumbled upon this ourselves," Juno stammered, fighting against the words that felt like they wanted to get caught up in her throat, "But... D-Disregarding the questionable ethics of moving this body, are any of you e-even confident enough to get it past the guard?! Besides, forget some sneaky tactic like that! Why couldn't we just go to someone like..."

Umbridge?

"... P-Professor McGonagall?"

@Kaykay @Josh @Yun Lee @MelodyMeister

"Oh, shit."

Everything was starting to connect. McGonagall's message, the Dark Arts cancellation, and now this... Rio put his hands on either side of his head, eyes widening as it all clicked. In just a moment, he exlained this epiphany to his classmates.

"You guys...this was Umbridge's work." His voice was hushed, as if he was thinking out loud. "McGonagall told the Gryffindors to stay under Umbridge's radar this year. We got locked in last night and this happened to Sandra...this thug guy guarding the body, no Dark Arts classes and she's looking for people who took the books...shit, she's gonna kill us all!"

Oh God...Kit and Isolde were here at this nightmare school with him. They could get hurt if he wasn't careful. "We gotta talk to McGonagall. She's the only one who knows what's going on!"

@Ver @Josh @Kaykay @MelodyMeister

Ross was seething as he slowly walked around Rio, listening closely to his words. Everything made sense, too much sense. Shaking his head, he turned to Juno.

"I can take the guard out. He's a big guy, but he's useless without his wand. If I can get a hold on him, I can knock him out. We can either turn him to a rat or leave him, your choice. I then can take the body and run."

He picked his words imperfectly before explaining.

"She's was always a light girl, and, well, she's.... even more light now. No reason Rio she get blood on his hands, literally or figuratively. One way or another? Umbridge is going down "

Ross was seething as he slowly walked around Rio, listening closely to his words. Everything made sense, too much sense. Shaking his head, he turned to Juno.

"I can take the guard out. He's a big guy, but he's useless without his wand. If I can get a hold on him, I can knock him out. We can either turn him to a rat or leave him, your choice. I then can take the body and run."

He picked his words imperfectly before explaining.

"She's was always a light girl, and, well, she's.... even more light now. No reason Rio she get blood on his hands, literally or figuratively. One way or another? Umbridge is going down "

It seemed like Ross was going to be put to the test as the doorknob to the hut started to move. It wouldn't take long before the guard was inside so at this point the group had to decide...fight or flight?

@Josh @Yun Lee @MelodyMeister @Ver @Kaykay

The doorknob moving sent Rio into a state of panic. "Ross, no!" Rio put a hand on hid friend's shoulder. Even if you knock him out, he'll recognize you!" He rushed to the window and jumped out. "Everyone, let's move! We can find McGonagall and tell her everything!"

@Josh @Jeremi @Ver @Kaykay @MelodyMeister

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back