Status
Not open for further replies.
"Theft from the restricted section...?" Juno mumbled to herself when Headmistress Umbridge made her announcement in the Grand Hall. The thought mystified her; who would do such a thing? Still, she could do nothing but keep listening as the Headmistress continued speaking, the Prefect feeling a shiver go down her spine at Umbridge's words that betrayed the venomous tone she took underneath. It made her nervous, even though she knew full well that she had nothing to do with this theft. Still, there was nothing to be done, and Juno could only hope that this matter would resolve itself quickly.

As lunchtime came and the matter seemed to hardly go away, if anything becoming more and more problematic as it occupied the concerns and thoughts of the students throughout, Juno sighed as she shuffled through the halls by herself.

"What a bothersome affair... Now the whole school's focused on this tosh. If this keeps up, no one's going to be able to focus on their studies," Juno sighed to herself in mild frustration as she shuffled through the halls. A part of her wished that they could all just move past all this business and let the faculty investigate it by themselves, but alas, far be it from a Prefect like her to turn a blind eye to strange happenings. It was practically her duty, and Juno Post wasn't about to shy away from it either, even if she couldn't help but remain feeling mixed about this whole situation. Hopefully, her fellow Ravenclaws would be just as adamant, if nothing else.

As she eventually saw Rio, Kit, and Ross gather together, speaking in a rather hush-hush manner, the Prefect couldn't help but furrow a brow, finding their behavior to be a bit suspect, even as she managed to overhear some of the Gryffindor's words. Approaching them, Juno cleared her throat to make her presence be known, putting her hands on her hips.

"You know, when you try too hard to look subtle, it only makes you stick out more," she spoke with a frown to them, before continuing, "Now, what's this I heard about Professor McGonagall's message? Did she find out something new about this matter? I would hope you lot aren't... up to any mischief," Juno said sternly.

@Josh @Yun Lee @Kaykay

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @York @Archmage Jeremiah

Aw, crap.

The last thing Rio needed right now was little miss perfect prefect here to snoop on him. He was very clearly caught off-guard by Juno's arrival, and jumped slightly. Swallowing the lump in his throat he did his best to keep cool, leaning on the table as he turned to face her. "Oh hey, Juno! No mischief here-actually that's what we're trying to figure out. Did you hear that noise last night? We think it may be related to Sandra." A pause. "And I haven't seen McGonagall all day. The message was her speech after we all got here-staying on top of studies and stuff."

@Ver @Josh @Takumi @Kaykay @Pretentious Pineapple

Melody came into the meeting extremely tired, her uniform and hair were shabby. Since she always woke up in the middle of the night, and the noise from outside was loud, she wasn’t able to get any sleep, not to mention that gigantic panic attack she had yesterday. Luckily, though, she came back for that wailing book, and counted her stars that no one picked it up. At the meeting, she still listened to the assembly, her eyes wide awake at the mention of a disappearance, and the book theft. Melody was one to overthink things, and it wasn’t long before she was worried about what happened to that girl, and if anyone else will disappear. She won’t be able to focus for the rest of the day, of course.

Melody rested her head on the table, she wasn’t hungry, who would be after such disturbing news, and it didn’t help that the Rio and co were talking crap, which lead to them getting noticed by one of the prefects. She next to Miles, since everybody else was up in their ugly little detective discussion, and lack of company led her to either talk to someone near her.
“Hey, Mister...who are you again? What do you think of this whole situation? Yesterday,I saw you around the library suspiciously, were you also a book thief? Ugh..never mind, I’ll just snoop around after class..”
It didn’t seem directed at Miles really, it seemed like she just wanted anything to talk to.

@Lucky

Aw, crap.

The last thing Rio needed right now was little miss perfect prefect here to snoop on him. He was very clearly caught off-guard by Juno's arrival, and jumped slightly. Swallowing the lump in his throat he did his best to keep cool, leaning on the table as he turned to face her. "Oh hey, Juno! No mischief here-actually that's what we're trying to figure out. Did you hear that noise last night? We think it may be related to Sandra." A pause. "And I haven't seen McGonagall all day. The message was her speech after we all got here-staying on top of studies and stuff."

@Ver @Josh @Takumi @Kaykay @Pretentious Pineapple

The whole issue with Sandra made Kit nervous this morning. He was worried, not only about Sandra, but Isolde too. He didn't get the chance to tell her where Rio and Sam was, he didn't even get the chance to tell the boys either!

Almost as soon as Isolde was mentioned, Kit looked up from the table and to his brother.

"I saw Isolde yesterday, she had entered the Great Hall after you guys left and then turned and left just as soon as she got here. I went after her to tell her that you and Sam were looking for her, but didn't get to--" he cut himself off when Juno approached and began to speak to them, brow furrowing at her words as he glanced down at the floor. Her stern tone of voice made him bite his lip. He never tried causing mischief, and now with Sandra missing and Isolde not being around as often as usual...

Oh! He needed to tell Sam too. Releasing his lip so he could speak properly, he made a quick sweep of the Great Hall.

"Sam should know about Isolde looking for you guys yesterday too." he muttered, as he tried to find the boy's exact location. He didn't really want to go over and talk to Sam, because Kit knew that sometimes his shyness made it hard, but also because he didn't talk to Sam much other than a greeting outside of when Isolde was near at least. Oh, there be was. Standing, Kit had a moment of hesitation. It lasted for a second before he excused himself and made himself walk over to where Sam was sitting next to Mary.

"Um, Sam? Isolde was looking for you yesterday. I-I was going to tell her where you and Rio went, but didn't get to." he mumbled, fingers entwined as he stared at the floor. His hands were sweaty as his mind ran through many possibilities on where Isolde might be and how Sam might react, and what may have happened to Sandra. A Hufflepuff gone missing and another not being present at the moment was stressful indeed.

@Yun Lee @Josh @Kaykay @Ver @Neko Shogun

@Pretentious Pineapple

Ian Miles IV
It didn’t seem directed at Miles really, it seemed like she just wanted anything to talk to.

" I'm Ian Miles IV or the fourth, whichever you prefer. I think that it was bound to happen. People were restless for some defending magic and took matters into their own hands. As for being a book thief, no, I was studying for my NEWTS. I would suggest looking at the scene of the occurrence. I mean, there was a whole group there yesterday, sizable too. Of course, I would start with them... but you could start with whomever."

@MelodyMeister

Coming upon a group of her fellow Hufflepuffs, as well as a familiar Gryffindor and a certain prefect, Wisteria made herself known as she playfully hit Ross on the back.

"Yo, don't look so worried, yeah? What's up guys?" she said with a grin. Though with Kit running off suddenly, it was less "fellow Hufflepuffs" and more "random hodgepodge of students" at the moment. Though that didn't really change the way the girl acted much, if at all. She looked Juno's way as she spoke to the prefect. "Don't worry, Juno, you can't judge a book by its cover. So if they're trying to look subtle, that means it's probably nothing at all!"

The statement didn't seem to make all that much sense, but somehow it seemed like something people would try to actually think about before dismissing it as nonsense.

"Anyway!" Wisteria interjected before anyone could think too hard about it, "If McGonagall hasn't found anything on Sandra, we should do something, right? I mean, we were her classmates and all, so we can find her if she's hiding out somewhere."

Though given the student in question was a fourth year, Wisteria herself was probably the only one who was actually her classmate at any point.

@Ver @Josh @Takumi @Yun Lee @Pretentious Pineapple

Well, that was certainly one hell of a wake-up call to the entire school. One of the underclassmen had disappeared in the middle of the day, and no one had noticed till the day after? While the student body was certainly large and easy to lose track of, Mary would have thought someone would report the girl missing... "Quite strange, isn't it, Sam? None of the Hufflepuffs seemed to notice till just now... Do you think your sister might have seen something?"

@Neko Shogun @Pretentious Pineapple

Ian Miles the IV.

Ian gave Mary a brief look that said ' I know what you did, but I'm not going to rat on you for now.' He took a deep breath and returned to his class. " Of course, I could accidently mess the thing, however , I don't plan on being that guy, but you know what I want. " Ian casually mentioned as he passed Mary and took a deep breath as he took his food. He really didn't care about Sandra. One less person to deal with. It wasn't affecting him, so it didn't matter to him.

@Khan of the Mardu @Jeremi

"Do with...what?"
Like a phantom Professor Swagglebone had managed to sneak up on the group discussing the current disappearance. Though it seems his largest focus was pointed towards Mary. "Perhaps you wish to enlighten a member of the faculty about any concerns you might have?"

@Khan of the Mardu @Lucky

Coming upon a group of her fellow Hufflepuffs, as well as a familiar Gryffindor and a certain prefect, Wisteria made herself known as she playfully hit Ross on the back.

"Yo, don't look so worried, yeah? What's up guys?" she said with a grin. Though with Kit running off suddenly, it was less "fellow Hufflepuffs" and more "random hodgepodge of students" at the moment. Though that didn't really change the way the girl acted much, if at all. She looked Juno's way as she spoke to the prefect. "Don't worry, Juno, you can't judge a book by its cover. So if they're trying to look subtle, that means it's probably nothing at all!"

The statement didn't seem to make all that much sense, but somehow it seemed like something people would try to actually think about before dismissing it as nonsense.

"Anyway!" Wisteria interjected before anyone could think too hard about it, "If McGonagall hasn't found anything on Sandra, we should do something, right? I mean, we were her classmates and all, so we can find her if she's hiding out somewhere."

Though given the student in question was a fourth year, Wisteria herself was probably the only one who was actually her classmate at any point.

@Ver @Josh @Takumi @Yun Lee @Pretentious Pineapple @Kaykay

And something perhaps they should. The rumor mill was running wild already and there was a few things the group could pick up from the students wandering around or eating not to far from them.

One point of interest seemed to be that something was being kept at the hut at the outskirts of the castle that had once been Hagrid's humble abode, but now due to regime change stands empty.

Someone had seen Professor Fantasma looking pale as a ghost running down the hallway into a condemned women's bathroom and hadn't come out ever since.

The final piece of the rumor mill that they heard was that the library had gotten more security and that the head of houses were investigating their respective houses for any clues or knowledge about the missing books.

"I ain't that worried, 'kay? Don't go thinkin' ya special."

Ross teased back as he rubbed his shoulder, looking a Rio, he knew what the boy was thinking.

"We bustin' in Hargid's hut? Geez, I rather not do that to him, the guys always been good to me. Covered for me more than a few times...."

Ross l0oked down.

"No way we should do this by ourselves. We need to think 'bout this. Too much can go wrong..."

The American sighed as he thought.

"Fuck it. We goin' now or what?"

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Ver @Kaykay @Pretentious Pineapple

"I loved that old teddybear too, man. But hey-if anything, we owe it to him to make sure his hut's kept nice and no one's making anything go wrong with it."

The warning McGonagall gave him nagged at him, but this was serious! There was a student missing, he couldn't just sit by and let a sweet kid like Sandra have something horrible happen to her! "If you wanna bring some more folks along, we can. Though I think a small group is best if we're doing this." Rio turned to his little brother. "Kit, I'll be back soon, okay man? Just hang tight." No way did he want his little brother in the way of danger.

@Josh @Takumi @Jeremi

Ian Miles IV

" It was that just so many us were at the library yesterday and that was the last time I saw Sandra. I was thinking to check out the library for that and for some more studying honestly. You know the NEWTS and everything. Mary, didn't someone mention that there was a large group of students there yesterday? It was just so crowded that it was impossible to remember a single face," he replied.

"Noise...? What noise?" Juno inquired when Rio initially responded to her, furrowing her brow as the Gryffindor proceeded about Professor McGonagall's supposed message. Her puzzlement was hardly assuaged when Wisteria appeared, making a statement that the Ravenclaw had to take a moment to try to process, but alas, the conversation proved to move on without her, and Juno found herself having to keep up with it and not thinking too hard about what Wisteria said to her in any case.

When Rio and Ross seemed to suddenly pop an idea into their heads in front of her, the Prefect cleared her throat, seeming to feel as though she were being undermined. "Ahem! First off, I suggest you watch your language, Mister Rhodes. And I'll try to remember to ask you about what the former groundskeeper has exactly covered you for..." She said, crossing her arms and keeping a stern frown.

Lowkey, this only reinforced her perception that Americans were mostly a boorish sort of people, not that she exactly enjoyed a prejudice like that.

"In any case, you're not seriously considering trespassing into the hut in the outskirts, are you? Even if it's been vacated now, I would advise against "busting in" to that place, even if it's in the name of investigating this... this situation!" Juno continued, her arms moving down to her hips now, before she eventually let out a long-winded sigh.

"... Without proper supervision, that is."

As in, she wanted in if they were serious.

Juno was generally used to being by the book and minding her own business, but who knew how long it'd be until this matter became everyone else's business? If anything, it seemed that it was already the case, so she may as well play a hand in feeding people's curiosities; after all, what could possibly go wrong?

@Yun Lee @Josh @Kaykay @Takumi

Ian Miles IV

" It was that just so many us were at the library yesterday and that was the last time I saw Sandra. I was thinking to check out the library for that and for some more studying honestly. You know the NEWTS and everything. Mary, didn't someone mention that there was a large group of students there yesterday? It was just so crowded that it was impossible to remember a single face," he replied.

Now Professor Swagglebone's gaze went to Ian. "Ah yes, the N.E.W.Ts. Impressive how some manage to work on the academical side of things. Despite this current, and utterly pointless endeavor. The headmistress told you students to not worry about that girl and for the book thief, or, thieves well...I hope I am the one who finds them." He smirked slightly with that last part.

"Noise...? What noise?" Juno inquired when Rio initially responded to her, furrowing her brow as the Gryffindor proceeded about Professor McGonagall's supposed message. Her puzzlement was hardly assuaged when Wisteria appeared, making a statement that the Ravenclaw had to take a moment to try to process, but alas, the conversation proved to move on without her, and Juno found herself having to keep up with it and not thinking too hard about what Wisteria said to her in any case.

When Rio and Ross seemed to suddenly pop an idea into their heads in front of her, the Prefect cleared her throat, seeming to feel as though she were being undermined. "Ahem! First off, I suggest you watch your language, Mister Rhodes. And I'll try to remember to ask you about what the former groundskeeper has exactly covered you for..." She said, crossing her arms and keeping a stern frown.

Lowkey, this only reinforced her perception that Americans were mostly a boorish sort of people, not that she exactly enjoyed a prejudice like that.

"In any case, you're not seriously considering trespassing into the hut in the outskirts, are you? Even if it's been vacated now, I would advise against "busting in" to that place, even if it's in the name of investigating this... this situation!" Juno continued, her arms moving down to her hips now, before she eventually let out a long-winded sigh.

"... Without proper supervision, that is."

As in, she wanted in if they were serious.

Juno was generally used to being by the book and minding her own business, but who knew how long it'd be until this matter became everyone else's business? If anything, it seemed that it was already the case, so she may as well play a hand in feeding people's curiosities; after all, what could possibly go wrong?

@Yun Lee @Josh @Kaykay @Takumi

"Oh for fuck's sake! Are you being for real, Juno? I swear, don't you think your too pretty to be this much of a fucking pain."

Almost like he was initially trying to make the girl angry, Ross's head held in his hand, shaking in disbelief before turning back towards the girl.

"First off, Breaking in is exactly what I'm think."

Taking a breath, Ross explained.

Look, my dad is MLEP. He was an Auror, now he's one of the higher ups in the States. He told me sometimes when your tryin' to do the right thing, rules can hold you back. That sometimes you have to bend the rules to get the job done It can't be avoid all the time because the world ain't like that. The dark lords of the world won't play fair, so why should he? If the headmistress doesn't wanna play ball? We'll play ball for her."

@Yun Lee @verite @Kaykay @Takumi

After their morning meeting in the Great Hall, Sam skipped class. It wasn't like him to ditch class since he enjoyed his school work, but there was no way he could focus on work after hearing the grim news about Sandra and the fact that he still hadn't been able to locate his sister. He could just blame his absence on sickness like he ordinarily did. Anyhow, by the time lunch rolled around, Sam made his way to meet with the others. He had half been tempted to skip lunch as well, but he couldn't pass up an opportunity to look for his sister--even if he looked and felt like an absolute mess.

If at all possible, Sam looked paler than yesterday. He walked in with his head down and feet dragging, only looking out at the others once to search for Isolde. When he wouldn't see her, he'd sigh heavily and move to plop down next to Mary. Samael didn't bother to grab lunch. He just wasn't in the mood. His blond hair appeared messy and the clothes he wore were the exact same pair he had adorned the day before. Too worried about Isolde to even think straight, he had not even bothered to try and take care of himself. He couldn't even remember if he had bothered to take his medicine this morning...

The boy rested his head on the table and closed his eyes, although he still responded to Mary. Since he was more comfortable with her, he talked a bit more about how he felt. "I... don't know," he replied, his voice strained. "I haven't seen her. I looked everywhere for my sister yesterday with Rio and couldn't find her. I'm... really worried. It's never been this hard to hunt her down. Usually, she comes right to me..." Sam swallowed a lump in his throat before opening his eyes. "I skipped class this morning... and I don't think I can go back to class until I figure out what's going on. Something doesn't feel right at all..."

A thought suddenly snapped into Sam's head and he lifted his head from the table before speaking in a whisper. "You're the one who took the books, right? The books that Umbridge mentioned were missing." Sam furrowed his brows, stifling an irritated hiss. "To think, Umbridge would complain about missing books at a time like this... Sandra is missing... my sister could be missing..."

@Khan of the Mardu

Ian Miles IV

" I'm Ian Miles IV or the fourth, whichever you prefer. I think that it was bound to happen. People were restless for some defending magic and took matters into their own hands. As for being a book thief, no, I was studying for my NEWTS. I would suggest looking at the scene of the occurrence. I mean, there was a whole group there yesterday, sizable too. Of course, I would start with them... but you could start with whomever."

@MelodyMeister
"Do with...what?" Like a phantom Professor Swagglebone had managed to sneak up on the group discussing the current disappearance. Though it seems his largest focus was pointed towards Mary. "Perhaps you wish to enlighten a member of the faculty about any concerns you might have?"

And something perhaps they should. The rumor mill was running wild already and there was a few things the group could pick up from the students wandering around or eating not to far from them.

One point of interest seemed to be that something was being kept at the hut at the outskirts of the castle that had once been Hagrid's humble abode, but now due to regime change stands empty.

Someone had seen Professor Fantasma looking pale as a ghost running down the hallway into a condemned women's bathroom and hadn't come out ever since.

The final piece of the rumor mill that they heard was that the library had gotten more security and that the head of houses were investigating their respective houses for any clues or knowledge about the missing books.

Ian Miles IV

Now Professor Swagglebone's gaze went to Ian. "Ah yes, the N.E.W.Ts. Impressive how some manage to work on the academical side of things. Despite this current, and utterly pointless endeavor. The headmistress told you students to not worry about that girl and for the book thief, or, thieves well...I hope I am the one who finds them." He smirked slightly with that last part.

"I expected there to be a compliant." Mary whispered before shrugging with a bored expression, "Hawk eyes and snake hearts all throughout this school." Despite her own expectation of this occurring, she had to admit that this was a complete boning of her plans, and it was weighing heavily on her nerves as she began to think of ways to escape prosecution. Where exactly could she hide the books within the school until the heat blew over? Thankfully, she fell quiet before a certain pair of jackasses approached her...

Ian's oh-so-not-subtle threats weared on her nerves further as she became quiet and scowled at him, beginning to wonder if she ought to slip the books into his bed and have Sam or another upperclassman pass the word along . That thought received further fuel as the idiot's smarting off attracted Swagglebone and he continued to try to push the spotlight upon her... Yes, that emotionless automaton who wished to fuck with her known as Ian Miles was going to be the laughing stock and black sheep of this entire school by the end of the semester. "Perhaps some of us could study better if upperclassmen did not bother and harass younger students during the school day," Mary countered with a scowl before eyeballing Swagglebone, "Of course, perhaps the staff should also be focusing upon the missing students at the moment. It would not do well if the school was caught up in another scandal so soon after the war's end, yes, Professor?"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Neko Shogun

Last edited:
"...Which in short, means you can totally supervise us, Juno! It's not trespassing if it's a supervised investigation, right?" Wisteria seemed to intentionally gloss over Ross's outburst, putting both hands together with the same old grin on her face. "Maybe sometimes you don't wanna be too strict, but if we've got a chance to do it with the rules there's no problem taking it! Besides, I'm sure the land over there could use a little maintenance."

Taking a sort of middle position, the young witch quickly tried to stop the situation from escalating in case Juno took poorly to Ross's provocation. It seemed pretty obvious that those two's personalities didn't mesh well, and if they planned to pull some sort of investigation it'd be for the best if they were at least all on the same side. She wasn't exactly all that knowledgeable on all the school rules, but certainly having a prefect on their side to "bust into" a hut would be preferable.

"So how about we go investigate proper, eh?"

@Yun Lee @Josh @Ver @Takumi

"I'm ready if you all are!" Rio stood, cracking his knuckles. "It shouldn't take us too long to get there, so we probably won't miss classes. And if we do, we can explain that we wanted to help find our classmate. Can't fault us for telling the truth!"

@Kaykay @Josh @Ver @Takumi @Jeremi

Ian Miles IV

Ian looked back at Swagglebone. " You did mention that it was a good idea for me to study and I'm just taking your personal advice to be prepared for all fronts of the equations. I imagine that people are going to worry regardless. It's just in their nature. I wish you all of the luck in your hunt for the book thieves," he replied back, not showing a lick of emotion as he did that. He didn't need those pesky things.

If Ian had wanted to be subtle, he would have been subtle. He ignored the scowling that the lowerclassman was giving him and rolled his eyes. If he had come to Hogwarts to make friends, it certainly would have made some and that was the honest truth. He was actually attempting to divert the attention away from her, but alas, it was a failure. Perhaps, it would have been to not mention anything to the professor. It wasn't like he was being an evil psychopath towards Mary and was trying to trick her into liking him. He however rolled his eyes, knowing that she was most likely going to twist anything that he said, so he picked his next words carefully. " Strange, I don't remember talking to you before right now. I mean, I was studying in the library and certainly couldn't have done it yesterday. I don't EVEN remember seeing you since we last saw Professor Swagglebone here."

The whole issue with Sandra made Kit nervous this morning. He was worried, not only about Sandra, but Isolde too. He didn't get the chance to tell her where Rio and Sam was, he didn't even get the chance to tell the boys either!

Almost as soon as Isolde was mentioned, Kit looked up from the table and to his brother.

"I saw Isolde yesterday, she had entered the Great Hall after you guys left and then turned and left just as soon as she got here. I went after her to tell her that you and Sam were looking for her, but didn't get to--" he cut himself off when Juno approached and began to speak to them, brow furrowing at her words as he glanced down at the floor. Her stern tone of voice made him bite his lip. He never tried causing mischief, and now with Sandra missing and Isolde not being around as often as usual...

Oh! He needed to tell Sam too. Releasing his lip so he could speak properly, he made a quick sweep of the Great Hall.

"Sam should know about Isolde looking for you guys yesterday too." he muttered, as he tried to find the boy's exact location. He didn't really want to go over and talk to Sam, because Kit knew that sometimes his shyness made it hard, but also because he didn't talk to Sam much other than a greeting outside of when Isolde was near at least. Oh, there be was. Standing, Kit had a moment of hesitation. It lasted for a second before he excused himself and made himself walk over to where Sam was sitting next to Mary.

"Um, Sam? Isolde was looking for you yesterday. I-I was going to tell her where you and Rio went, but didn't get to." he mumbled, fingers entwined as he stared at the floor. His hands were sweaty as his mind ran through many possibilities on where Isolde might be and how Sam might react, and what may have happened to Sandra. A Hufflepuff gone missing and another not being present at the moment was stressful indeed.

@Yun Lee @Josh @Kaykay @Ver @Neko Shogun

@Pretentious Pineapple
"I expected there to be a compliant." Mary whispered before shrugging with a bored expression, "Hawk eyes and snake hearts all throughout this school." Despite her own expectation of this occurring, she had to admit that this was a complete boning of her plans, and it was weighing heavily on her nerves as she began to think of ways to escape prosecution. Where exactly could she hide the books within the school until the heat blew over? Thankfully, she fell quiet before a certain pair of jackasses approached her...

Ian's oh-so-not-subtle threats weared on her nerves further as she became quiet and scowled at him, beginning to wonder if she ought to slip the books into his bed and have Sam or another upperclassman pass the word along . That thought received further fuel as the idiot's smarting off attracted Swagglebone and he continued to try to push the spotlight upon her... Yes, that emotionless automaton who wished to fuck with her known as Ian Miles was going to be the laughing stock and black sheep of this entire school by the end of the semester. "Perhaps some of us could study better if upperclassmen did not bother and harass younger students during the school day," Mary countered with a scowl before eyeballing Swagglebone, "Of course, perhaps the staff should also be focusing upon the missing students at the moment. It would not do well if the school was caught up in another scandal so soon after the war's end, yes, Professor?"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Neko Shogun
Ian Miles IV

Had Sam not been feeling down due to recent events, a rush of joy would've tickled his stomach after Mary would confirm that she did indeed take the books. He perked up slightly and was about to congratulate her for pulling this off, but stopped himself from uttering a syllable when Ian and Swagglebone would come over to converse with Mary. Sam slouched back down in his seat and get out a small groan, refusing to say anything else. He was too shy to talk with them and even if he hadn't been, the blond wouldn't have wanted to talk with them. Why did people seem to magically appear whenever they began to talk about the books? Sam wished they would just go away.

The student would spot one face, however, that he was okay with. He wasn't exactly comfortable with Kit, but the words he had to say were welcoming. Finally hearing that someone had seen Isolde recently hit him as a wave of relief. His eyes widened and he stood up suddenly, his fatigued body somehow feeling lighter after hearing the news. "Y-You really did see her?" Doing something that was a bit uncharacteristic of himself, Sam reached out and grabbed Kit by the shoulders. "Is she around now? Do you know where I can find her? Please tell me you know where she is right now..." He squeezed Kit's shoulders and looked at the other teen eagerly, his breath starting to pick up a bit. Feeling emotionally frantic, Sam wasn't sure how he'd react if Isolde still wasn't anywhere to be found after someone had spotted her yesterday.

@Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Lucky @Takumi

"E-Excuse me?!" Juno exclaimed in an incredulous tone when Ross had suddenly snapped at her, the girl's frown growing wider when she only seemed successful in prompting him to spout out even more profanity. She would have to remember to give some sort of referral when this was all over with. Still, Ross went on, suddenly giving an anecdote about his father and his line of work, as well as some old-timey wisdom, no doubt a very American philosophy. The Prefect could hardly believe that he'd use ethos to justify "bending the rules," and though she thought Ross was being rather dramatic when bringing up "dark lords of the world," she could only sigh, shaking her head briefly.

"L-Look... While I'm not a big fan of bending rules in order to protect them, it's as Miss King says," she stammered, gesturing toward Wisteria, "With someone like me supervising you, I can at least ensure that you're not up to any mischief, and that you really do want to get to the bottom of this. Only Merlin knows if it turns out any of you have something to do with this. And for the record! I'll let you off with a warning, but I'll have to ask that you refrain from speaking to me in that manner again," the sixth-year spoke sternly. In any case, it seemed that Rio had already made up his mind. They'd all better hope that they'd be done with their investigation before classes start again. Juno was not about to squander her perfect attendance record.

Still...

Juno subconsciously fiddled with her hair with a finger. She was called pretty...

But then again, she was also called a pain, so she stopped playing with her hair.

"In any case... Let's make haste then."

@Josh @Kaykay @Yun Lee @Takumi @Jeremi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back