Status
Not open for further replies.
"The h-headmistress doesn't like Muggles. F-forget I said anything...I don't know anything just rambling on and on. Oh! You are Nikki T. Hilton-Lynn are you not?" Professor Fantasma asked turning his attention towards Nikki. "Y-You're the reason why I'm here, actually. I-I've understood that you leaped to the end of the studies yes? D-Do you believe it will be enough or do you need a tutor to h-help gain the f-final knowledge you seek?"

Nikki squirmed in her uniform and glanced uneasily towards Lloyd, then Juno, before the professor again addressed her by name. "Oh, yes, that's me," she at last confirmed, hiding her previous anxiety underneath a businesslike smile. At the mention of a tutor, however, is when Nikki's face truly lit up through a sigh of relief. "I would be thrilled to have a tutor, Professor Fantasma,"

Lloyd innocently chuckled at the snide celebrity reference. He was born to Muggle parents, after all - can't help but remember listening to Space Oddity before he had gotten accepted into Hogwarts. He already knew the situation about her being supposed a Squib, however. "Well, yes, I knew all about. . .that. I just don't know how you've--"
Lloyd, much like Juno, incidentally tuned out the sheepish professor's spiel as he was taking in Nikki's explanation. Though, when the professor regarded Nikki and mentioned the words 'leap', 'studies' and 'end', Lloyd had a very clear knowing look on his face. As anyone who knew Lloyd could guess, he usually kept a calm, friendly, and cool exterior even in the face of surprise. This was the one instance where it collapsed, but now that the professor was gracious enough to indirectly explain, Lloyd returned to his aloof self.

Turning back to Nikki, he'd smile. "So you managed to get re-accepted? That's amazing! I never believed those Squib rumors, you know. If I could reach this point, where I'm standing in Ravenclaw robes at the beginning of my seventh year, I knew you could too."

"And, regarding the topic of tutors. . ." Lloyd turned his attention back to the professor. He spoke like a suave businessman masquerading as a wizard, speaking at a public event. "I know Nikki from my first year at Hogwarts, Professor Fantasma. If she's ever in need of tutoring or assistance in her studies, I, personally, would be honored to help her achieve the knowledge she seeks here, among Ravenclaw house."

"We're all here to help one another, right? Who else but Ravenclaw?"

Who else but Lloyd Whitaker?

@York @Jeremi @Archmage Jeremiah @Ver @Gummi Bunnies

Dimples formed in Nikki's cheeks as they turned pink in the face of all the flattery coming her way, and she turned her head away in a futile attempt to hide it and the smile that followed close behind. As the conversation circled back to the topic of tutors, Nikki again beamed the same way she had when Fantasma first brought up the topic. "You'd really do that for me?" she asked in the same tone she had used when she first muttered Lloyd's name, and was likely seeking the same confirmation.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Ver @York @Gummi Bunnies

Ian Miles the Fourth

Ian remained silent, learning at a much age that it was better to hold your tongue then it was to fight a battle that you couldn't win. He allowed him to tap him on the head with very little comment on the matter. He however had paled when he was reminded of the N.E.W.T or as it was commonly known in his family, the most important exam of his life. " I plan on excelling in both," he replied back to him.

@Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Neko Shogun @dark

Professor Swagglebone looked Ian up and down. "The important thing is that you believe it."

Heh...interacting with different houses. Not a challenge for Rio at all-he got along with just about anybody. "Understood, on both counts. ...is there anything else?" Rio cocked his head as he asked that. He wasn't the most observant person by a long shot, and even he could tell something was out of place now.

@Jeremi @Otto @Blacksmith @Glostechk @MelodyMeister @Gryffindor​

She looked around as if to see if someone was listening in before she continued. "Do not give U- Headmistress Umbridge a reason to notice you. Lean on those you trust and you will survive. I promise." Realizing she might had spoken out of turn professor McGonagall quickly tried to play it off. "Oh but you shouldn't listen to my ramblings, much like for all of you I imagine it has been a very taxing they. I wont hold you any longer. Good night and here is to another wonderful year at Hogwarts." With that she left as quickly as she had entered.

@Jeremi @Otto @Blacksmith @Glostechk @MelodyMeister @Gryffindor

"Or until it busts and you're left with a wrecked machine."

Sam's words did little to soothe the indignation that his friend felt as she stood up, brushing aside his hand. As much as she wanted to ignore him... It still stung a part of her that wished to get away from this place. "I'll read the itinerary in the morning," Whatever nonsense it had to say could wait, she had other articles that needed to be read, and she would do so in the privacy of the dormitory. Shooting her friend one last nod and the professor a final glare, Mary walked off, heading to the door that hid the path to the girls' rooms so that she could begin unfolding the note behind it.​

"Yes, and I need to go and do some actual work, something the lot of you seem to have a hard time to grasp."
With that and with a final slam of his staff Professor Swagglebone made his leave.

Peeling open the note Mary would recognize that what was written on the note was describing the location of a specific book in the library, and for someone that frequented the library said book according to the note was located in the Restricted section. Why had someone like Professor Swagglebone given her this note? With such secrecy on top of it? Or had it just accidentally slipped from his fingers?

All this disagreement and grief didn't seem to bother Ross as smirked at Professor's worlds. Being the seeker for Hufflepuff, and hotshot, Ross shook his head. Chuckling, he stretched his legs where he sat.

"Come on! They're gonna implode, Professor. The Hapries on paper look good, I'll give you that. There defense is great and the offence is solid, but let me ask you, have looked at all the details? They looked towards their seeker way too often to get the team out of a jam because their offence stalls too much, and he's average at best. And their defense? While it's great really great, if it's a tough game and it slides, it's over, the team checks out. It's a house of card. It's the little things that'll do you in."

Ross looked away slightly as he turned Wistreria. He had seen the girl since last year. The meet when a few upper classmen got a little too "touchy feely" for their own good. Since then, the two were fairy close. She was smart and if Ross need help with something, she'd help him. Ross looked at the girl, smirking. Ross didn't waste any time picking up where they left off.'

"Yo "Wissy",what's up? You miss me or what? Not even a hi?"

@Pretentious Pineapple @Takumi @Raptor Jesus @Jeremi @Kaykay @Cromartous

"Hey Ross!" she responded with a quick wave and grin, turning from where she stood to face him as well. "Sorry, sorry, just didn't want things getting too heated in here first!"

No longer really having a reason to be standing, Wisteria moved towards the couch Kit and Ross were sitting on and took a seat herself. She raised her arms high, stretching like a cat, before relaxing into her seat with a long exhale. Admittedly, she didn't much care for Quidditch, which seemed to be what the house decided to discuss now. It was much better than arguing amongst themselves, but she didn't have much interest in participating there.

"So how you been doing? Life treating you well?"

@Cromartous @Takumi @Raptor Jesus @Pretentious Pineapple @Josh @Jeremi

Professor Swagglebone looked Ian up and down. "The important thing is that you believe it."

She looked around as if to see if someone was listening in before she continued. "Do not give U- Headmistress Umbridge a reason to notice you. Lean on those you trust and you will survive. I promise." Realizing she might had spoken out of turn professor McGonagall quickly tried to play it off. "Oh but you shouldn't listen to my ramblings, much like for all of you I imagine it has been a very taxing they. I wont hold you any longer. Good night and here is to another wonderful year at Hogwarts." With that she left as quickly as she had entered.

@Jeremi @Otto @Blacksmith @Glostechk @MelodyMeister @Gryffindor

"Yes, and I need to go and do some actual work, something the lot of you seem to have a hard time to grasp."
With that and with a final slam of his staff Professor Swagglebone made his leave.

Peeling open the note Mary would recognize that what was written on the note was describing the location of a specific book in the library, and for someone that frequented the library said book according to the note was located in the Restricted section. Why had someone like Professor Swagglebone given her this note? With such secrecy on top of it? Or had it just accidentally slipped from his fingers?

Mary's eyes widened in surprise as she read the note's contents, her head turning to peek through the crack of the door as it shut to watch Swagglebone walk off. What are you playing at, Swagglebone? Despite her and the professor's... disagreements, she at least knew he was bothered by some of the changes being made to the school. At least, that's how he seemed to act, especially how he seemed to demand excellence from them at all time. However, to potentially encourage her to not only subvert Umbridge's blockade of materials regarding personal defense against the darkness of the world, especially by suggesting she make another dip into the restricted section of the library.

Either he was setting up a trap to get her detention for a whole month, or he wasn't really as bad as he was presenting for the crowd. Now it was her choice to take the bait and how to do so...

"Deal with it in the morning, Mary... Don't let anyone know about it until the time is right," Turning away from the door and continuing on to the dorm rooms, she simply muttered away to herself. Once inside, she would hide the note away and get some shut-eye so she could be well-rested. Something told her that this year was going to be a very strange one...​

Prologue - Inscription

September 1st, 2002

The train ride had been uneventful, other than of course the usual meet and greet after a long Summer. As the students started to pour out at Hogsmeade station a sense of excitement was in the air, one could almost see the sparks flaring. The students moved on to the for most seemingly horseless carriages that would take them to the gates of Hogwarts castle. Some whispering among the students was heard about how this was the first year that any first-year students were not traveling by boat to Hogwarts, which was simply unprecedented! A tradition as old as the school itself. A safety hazard, evidently. Even though to this day no student had ever been hurt.

The will of the headmistress however, was law. Dolores Umbridge was known as a strict, but fair. On the surface at least. Most had heard rumors about her utter dislike for halfborns and muggles, but if that was the case no one could prove. Even so why would they? She had been a powerful force in the war against Voldemort, working from the inside to dismantle the Dark Lord and his Death Eaters from the inside. Some said it was Harry Potter and his friends, but those going to Hogwarts knew better, even if they wanted to or not. No student could deny however that these past two years had been peaceful and all that fell on to the lap of Dolores Umbridge’s strong leadership.

With these thoughts swirling in some students minds the carriages came to a stop and they were lead into the great hall and sat down next to the long tables of each house of Hogwarts. At the end of the room they could see the teachers looking on. Umbridge had decided when she became headmistress to clear out the old and enter with the new. The only teacher left from before the battle of Hogwarts was Professor Minerva McGonagall, continuing as the Head of Gryffindor house. Her face was that of stone as the others around her seemed to be chatting along rather jovially, most of them at least. The rivalry between Umbridge and McGonagall was well documented, but perhaps that was why the headmistress kept her around? To push her on? No one was quite sure.

“Hem-hem.” The buzzing in the air went deathly quiet as a woman cleared her throat. She looked like everyone’s favorite grandmother decked in sweetly pink clothes and a friendly smile on her face.

Dolores Umbridge took to the stands to address the masses. “Welcome my wondrous students to another year at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I hope you are all well rested for Summer, because knowledge cannot be achieved with a weary mind.” Despite her smile and friendly demeanor, some of the students rolled their eyes. Umbridge loved to hear herself talk and they were going to be here for a good long while. Two hours later it seemed like she was finally ready to finish. “-As we all know this year will continue the trend of no Defence Against the Dark Arts classes. We live in a world of peace after all, and children do not need to learn horrible things like that. I will also like to inform you that Muggle Studies has a new teacher-”

A man with long disheveled auburn colored hair and wearing glasses thick enough that they looked like bottles was ready to stand up before Umbridge continued. “But that’s not important right now and I’m sure however they can introduce themselves in class, whoever they might be. It’s getting late and you children need to be sleeping.” The man looked around awkwardly before, dejected, sat down again. “Hurry now children! Follow your prefects to your respective houses! I hope you all will be on your best behavior. Because otherwise well…Children shouldn’t be naughty.” The last thing Umbridge said came off rather menacing, but her sweet grandmother voice hid the most of it.

With that done the prefects of each houses gathered their respective students up and lead them to their respective houses. While all of them poured out of the great hall it was soon that all of them began to split up to their respective routes and soon enough found themselves in their common rooms of each respective house. Soon enough all students arrived to their respective houses. While it was late the students had more than enough time to catch up some more and unpack the final things from their luggage before bed.

Gryffindor

Traveling through the painting that leads to the tower (the secret password is herbivore) members of Gryffindor were met by comfy chairs and a roaring fire in the fire place. Comfy chairs were strewn about and two doors on each end and two spiral staircases one leading up to the boy’s dormitory and the other to the girls.

Hufflepuff

Through the entrance near the kitchen the basement area. Tapping in the rhythm on the barrels the door opened and welcomed the members into a very warm and open area. Yellow was the dominating color in the room as well as some earthy tones as well as overstuffed sofas and armchairs for the students to sit on. The dormitories can be found through the circular doors in the room and the twisting and turning of some tunnels.

Ravenclaw

The entrance to the Ravenclaw tower at the top of the spiral staircase and answering the riddle correctly (Marking mortal privation, when firmly in place. An enduring summation, inscribed in my face. What am I? A tombstone.) opened up the door to the common room. It was a wide, circular room with arched windows hung with blue and bronze silks and beside the statue of Rowena Ravenclaw a staircase to the dormitories could be found.

Slytherin

Traveling through the dungeons the members of Slytherin soon found the entrance to their house. Speaking the password (supremacy) they found themselves in a dungeon like room with green lamps illuminating the common room. Due to it extending a bit under the lake area also attributed to green light in the room. Dark sofas and skulls are the motifs and while grand also feels rather cold. Two doors on either side of the room lead to the dormitories.

Cast list:
@Glostechk as Adele Dumont (Gryffindor)
@dark as Alcander Montanari (Slytherin)
@Blacksmith as Caleb Cato (Gryffindor)
@York as Gavin Bently (Ravenclaw)
@Lucky as Ian Miles the fourth (Slytherin)
@Pretentious Pineapple as Isolde Adalynn Draupnir (Hufflepuff)
@Gummi Bunnies as Julius Kerrigan (Ravenclaw)
@Ver as Juno Post (Ravenclaw)
@Otto as Keith Carter (Gryffindor)
@Takumi as Kit Myre (Hufflepuff)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Lloyd Whitaker (Ravenclaw)
@Khan of the Mardu as Martha Pleiades (Slytherin)
@MelodyMeister as Melody Cristala (Gryffindor)
@Archmage Jeremiah as Nikki T. Hilton-Lynn (Ravenclaw)
@Yun Lee as Rio Myre (Gryffindor)
@Josh as Ross Rhodes (Hufflepuff)
@Neko Shogun as Samael Rossi (Slytherin)
@Raptor Jesus as Stanley George Edwards (Hufflepuff)
@Kaykay as Wisteria King (Hufflepuff)
@Cromartous as Yaser Branblesnap (Hufflepuff)​
Juno Post - Prologue

"Come now. Simmer down and follow me, everybody!"

Juno Post took charge of the house of Ravenclaw in this moment, being a Prefect, and as such, was assigned with the task of leading the students to the Common Room. Despite her urging the Ravenclaws to keep calm and orderly, even someone as orderly and reserved as herself couldn't deny how exciting it was to be starting another fresh term at Hogwarts. Another year of the wonderful world of magic and helping fellow students realize their full potential. That is, those who care enough to attend to their studies like true Ravenclaws. After all, this house had no room for people who intended on goofing off, and even if she was just one Prefect, Juno intended to make sure that each and every student under her was getting along in the school swimmingly, just as she did last year when she first made Prefect.

Not that Juno particularly ever cared about what others thought about her, but she tended to figure that she was at least a decently respected individual. Stern, but fair, right? Some might have felt inclined to compare her to Headmistress Umbridge in that regard, since "stern but fair" seemed to translate to some as "just stern," but while Juno wouldn't have imagined herself to be that far gone, she still prided herself in her reputation -- whatever weight it might have held in reality -- and her punctual mien.

After all, if Ravenclaw had any intention of winning the House Cup this year, she would have to lead them all by example. Of course, while friendly competition may have been a good way to unwind, she could only hope that her fellow students would keep sight of the true goal they ought to strive for this year; personal self-growth and betterment through continued education and maturity.

Once she led the Ravenclaws into the Common Room, allowing anyone to relax and settle once they entered on the sofas, Juno wasn't done just yet. Standing in front of everyone, she cleared her throat, hoping to get everyone's attention, as it seemed she had something to say. "Everyone? If I could keep your attention for just a little while longer?"

Putting her hands on her hips and adjusting her glasses, Juno continued to talk. "I know most of you are far from First Years at this point, but a refresher for what our intended objectives never hurt anyone, right? As Ravenclaws, it is our responsibility to be representatives of what Hogwarts is capable of in what it can teach its students. As the house's namesake, Rowena Ravenclaw herself, once said, wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure, and I cannot agree more! Perseverance, integrity, wisdom, and intellect are all qualities that are expected of you, my fellow students, so let us face this year with our heads held up confidently. I hope to enjoy another illuminating year at Hogwarts with you all, so let's all get along now, okay?" She finished, taking a breath with that as she looked upon her housemates.

@York @Archmage Jeremiah @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies
❝ Oh what sweet relief. ❞ The ravenette breathed out by the time he was sure that his subtle comment remained in the confines of their Common Room. By now, Julius should be well aware of how things had been the past few years, but the verbal affirmation to himself was a habit he couldn't really ignore. And then came those words meant as a reminder from their House's Prefect. Not like he would openly say so out loud, but it felt needless to repeat simple expectations from time to time. Might as well be a small personal gripe left for him to bear.

❝ Well said, Juno. Surely enough, our House as a whole shouldn't miss the important message here. ❞ He showed a brief smile while acknowledging what the Prefect had to say.

@York @Archmage Jeremiah @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver
Lloyd Whitaker - Prologue

". . .Hm!"

Lloyd Whitaker could only smile.

The seemingly calm, yet tense atmosphere that choked the Ravenclaw common room at this moment could do nothing to phase Lloyd, as he made himself known to his fellow housemates, shuffling through the small herd and standing at the front to meet this year's house Prefect - a role that Lloyd had been humbly pursuing for the past several terms at Hogwarts. He couldn't bring himself to take the position away from those who showed the same aptitude for leadership as he had. Everyone deserves a chance at the limelight; that is, if they show the talent and promise for it.

There was no inter-house bicker that could fetter the excitement Lloyd Whitaker had for another year at Hogwarts - his last year, in fact. There was no doubt in anyone's mind that Lloyd would be going anywhere less than the best and brightest roles in the wizarding world after his tutelage at Hogwarts. For Ravenclaw students, that was the base expectation - or at least, it is now, after Lloyd leaves. A young wizard of his talent would surely be the one setting new standards, no? That is what a Ravenclaw does, and is expected to do. Of course, Lloyd takes any opportunity to share his success with others.

But, one needs a certain position of power to be able to spread the gift of knowledge to the less fortunate. Lloyd has done a marvelous job at keeping his position of respect for the last six years. Charm, wit, and only the most civil means of keeping the right people happy. Hogwarts is a playground, in that sense. A place for the ambitious to truly explore the depths of their own capability.

Who else but Lloyd Whitaker?

Lloyd bowed to his honorable housemate, taking a position next to her. "A fantastic speech, Juno! I think being in this house alone proves our ability to memorize the very values that it's been built upon. However, no voice could've surmised the core strength of Ravenclaw better. We're all here to learn, but. . .it does help letting everyone know just why Ravenclaw is so accomplished."

"That's what we'll be doing with the House Cup this year, yeah? Need to set a good example, you know."

Lloyd looked like he was just about ready to become a Prefect himself.

@York @Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies @Ver @R A V E N C L A W​
"Hmm, yes, indeed. But do beware, too much pride can lead to arrogance. We're not Slytherins after all, not that there's anything wrong with that inherently," Juno replied to Lloyd sternly, waving her wand about idly like a teacher with a ruler. Still, she appreciated his and Julius's enthusiasm if nothing else. Apathy was the worst emotion anyone could ever harbor beside utter malice, after all. "In any case, that's it for the formalities, everyone. Feel free to spend the last of your leisure time before the term starts," she spoke, allowing the crowd to disperse fully throughout the Common Room with that.

Walking past Julius and Lloyd, Juno glanced toward them briefly. "I'm going to make some tea. Would either of you care for any?" She asked, before making her way to the side and pouring a cup for herself. Earl grey, to be exact. The most common kind in England. As she made her cup, Juno took a sip, before giving the boys a warm, relaxed smile. "I take it you two had... interesting Summers? Mine was somewhat humdrum; I suppose the most exciting part was when my neighbor's garden had suffered from a small pixie infestation, and he enlisted my help in casting them out. Never had I been so glad before to have known Rictusempra, hmm?" The Prefect said with a light laugh, though someone who was socially observant could tell it was a somewhat awkward take at attempting casual conversation.

"Speaking of, do either of you happen to indulge in Chocolate Frog Cards? I didn't really want to accept my neighbor's reward when he offered some Knuts, but I didn't really feel comfortable getting paid for common courtesy, so he gave me one of those cards himself. I imagine it must be valuable in some regard since it's golden, and it's of Bertie Bott, not that I particularly enjoy his Every-Flavored Beans. Those are quite vile, really..."

@Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @York @Archmage Jeremiah
Returning from the dorms, Nikki descended the stairs rubbing her forearms and adjusting the cuffs around her wrists, and just in time to catch an oddly familiar face standing next to Juno just before their gathered audience dispersed. Narrowing her eyes to focus on him through the orderly Ravenclaw crowd, Nikki's jaw dropped the slightest bit. "No way..." she murmured, disbelieving of her own senses. As she further approached him, though, her tentative steps grew into confident strides, and her narrowed eyes grew wide with excitement. "Lloyd?" Nikki pronounced his name with a curious intonation which posed it more as a question than as a recognition.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT

@York @Gummi Bunnies @Ver @R A V E N C L A W
Slytherin

The people conversing in Slytherin suddenly heard a very tired and raspy sounding voice. "Yes, imagine that is what happens when people cannot keep their words to themselves." At the entrance to common room stood a very lanky and tall figure clutching an ornate staff. The crevasses on his face were deep as canyons and his eyes so sunken you'd think you were starring into darkness. The students knew him as Kristoff Swagglebone, the Head of Slytherin House since last year. Much like Snape before him he as well was their Potion Master. Unlike Snape who seemed to show favoritism to his own house at least, Professor Swagglebone picked no sides. He was nasty to everyone.

His staff slammed into the ground with a hard thud as he moved in closer towards the students. "Am I to expect yet another year of questioning authority." He said eyes narrowing as he looked through the common room. "Was not last years debacle enough, or do you wish to sink this house even further down into the abyss? What are we? Gryffindor?" As Professor Swagglebone waited for an answer, the other three houses would have similar visits.

@Lucky @dark @Khan of the Mardu @Neko Shogun

Gryffindor

"Not so fast Mr Carter!" The voice came from the entrance of the common room. "I know we are all tired but there are a few things that we need to run through before you can go to your very deserved sleep."

Stepping in was none other than the head of house Gryffindor Minerva McGonagall. "I hope both old and new students alike have started to acclimate and found their proper places in the dorm?"

Hufflepuff

"If gambling wasn't illegal on school grounds I would gladly take you up on that offer!"
A woman looking like being in her early 30 suddenly had appeared in the room. She had long raven black hair and that smirk on her face made her look like a fox who had stumbled into a hen house by pure happenstance. The students knew her as Gloriosa Maximus, the head of house Hufflepuff and their teacher in Herbology, yet another new recruit from when Headmistress Umbridge came into power. "And the reason why I would take you up on that offer Yaser, is because I've heard that Holyhead Harpies are in prime form this year. Not even the Montrose Magpies can withstand them this year!"

@Pretentious Pineapple @Takumi @Raptor Jesus @Josh @Kaykay @Cromartous

Ravenclaw

"D-Did someone say Nikki?"
The room was interrupted by an unfamiliar and older voice. Turning around they found the new teacher in Muggle Studies at the door. "I am...very sorry to barge in at this late, but I..." The man sheepishly staggered further into the room with his ill fitting robe and one could assume with those glasses on that he was practically blind with out them. He seemed to be in his early 40s and perhaps if someone could get a brush through his hair you'd get a clearer look of his what seemed to be rather handsome face. "I am Professor Finnegan Fantasma, I will, well, I am your new teacher in Muggle studies and the new head of house Ravenclaw. I-I trust
that's not going to be a trouble?"

@Ver @Archmage Jeremiah @York @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT
❝ Not at all, Professor Fantasma. It's only been a day into this new year, so I doubt any substantial problems will sprout at this moment if any. No need to worry, sir. ❞ Julius acknowledged the man who stepped into their House, further reassuring him that there was no problem as of now. Of course, he figured that he might as well start on good terms with their new House head.

@Ver @Archmage Jeremiah @York @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT
"Speaking of fools, you could no doubt write a whole book about them, couldn't you Miss Pleiades." Now Mary had the full attention of Professor Swagglebone as he made this way towards her, his staff hitting the floor was like thunder rumbling. "I trust I wont be hearing about extra curricual activities from you this year." He leaned down from his height to look Mary straight in the eyes. "The muggles have an idiom I think you and the rest of your friends need to hear. As a dog returns to his vomit, so a fool repeats his folly. Folly is something I wont abide to, not in this school, and certainly not in my own house. The school itinerary is open to all to see and that is what we are going to follow. Have. I. Made. Myself. Clear?"

@Lucky @dark @Neko Shogun @Khan of the Mardu

Professor Fantasma seemed genuinley relieved at Julius saying that and wiped some sweat from his brow with a handkerchief. "Oh thank goodness, I am h-happy to hear that. I just hope we can have a nice rapport between one another. I-I know that Headmistress U-Umbridge has, aaaah, turned Muggle studies into-" He cleared his throat before continuing. "Anti-muggle propaganda studies...but that's not what I want, a-and not what all of you want either." Finnegan was sweating even more now has wiped it away with his handkerchief for a second time. "B-but what she doesn't know about w-wont hurt me, her...right?"

@Ver @Archmage Jeremiah @York @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT
"You must be having a laugh, miss!" Yaser cried in exasperation. The very thought of the Holyheads taking on the Magpies was enough to bring a smile to his lips. He could respect the team, sure; they were the first all-female Quidditch team and had gotten themselves a fair number of League wins over the years too. They had a few strong players lined up too, but they just lacked to consistency to play with the Big Leagues. They had the resolve to claw back stalemates from near defeats, but they lacked the raw skill to hold a candle to his precious Magpies.

Fine... maybe finding a Harpies supporter didn't baffle him entirely, but it still shocked him at anyone still thought that their team could hold a candle to his. They were just setting themselves up for disappointment "What the Harpies would call a good year is what Magpies would call a terrible one. We've got 32 league wins under our belt already, and this year without a doubt will bring us 33. Heck, I'm pretty sure they put the gambling rule in place to protect the Harpies fans in seasons like these; they start off well in the qualifiers, but fizzle out by the end. They can hold their own against the Catapults and the Wasps any day, but the Bats are sure to knock them out even before they meet the Magpies. Just you watch."
@Ver @Archmage Jeremiah @York @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT
The moment Lloyd turned to face her, Nikki had to hide her big dumb grin, and tried to stifle her laughter. "Oh my God it is you! And you-" she stuttered as a snicker forced its way out of her, "haven't changed a bit,"

With only half her mind intent on listening to Lloyd while the other half took its time taking in his uncanny celebrity likeness, Nikki responded to his question only after an uncomfortably long pause. "Tsk, you're a Ravenclaw, you can put the pieces together can't you Starman?" she giggled at her own joke, not immediately realizing the bit of Muggle humour might be lost on Lloyd, "All the Slytherins calling me a Squib? All my private talks with teachers? All my trips to see the principal?" Nikki listed three pieces just off the top of her head, "Did you see me use any magic?"

Fantasma caught Nikki's attention as he entered, and garnered a response with the mention of a particularly inflammatory name for a class. "Anti-Muggle Propaganda Studies?" Nikki repeated to the professor with a pointed inflection.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @York @R A V E N C L A W
"And suddenly a member of Slytherin has lost their skill to read and think, or perhaps both? One can never be too certain." Professor Swagglebone tapped Ian lightly on the head with his staff. "The only one you need to worry about is Potions, because that's the only one that matters. Perhaps also as a 7th year Mister Miles some consideration to put into your N.E.W.T. exams perhaps?"

"Or perhaps..." The professor once again turned his attention towards Mary. "We just have to find a place where that broken part fits in? Hmm? Failing that we can continue to pound and form it until it finally fits in place."

@Lucky @dark @Neko Shogun @Khan of the Mardu

"Because!"
Professor Maximus started with a huge grin on her face. "The star Seeker of the Montrose Magpies Lenox Campbell just ended a long term relationship and he was utterly devastated. With out a good Seeker you can kiss any wins goodbye, is what I always say, the one time I've said it!" She chuckled at the two boys. "You can have your bleedin' facts and statistics, but let me tell you that means nothing in the way of a broken heart."

@Pretentious Pineapple @Takumi @Raptor Jesus @Josh @Kaykay @Cromartous

"The h-headmistress doesn't like Muggles. F-forget I said anything...I don't know anything just rambling on and on. Oh! You are Nikki T. Hilton-Lynn are you not?" Professor Fantasma asked turning his attention towards Nikki. "Y-You're the reason why I'm here, actually. I-I've understood that you leaped to the end of the studies yes? D-Do you believe it will be enough or do you need a tutor to h-help gain the f-final knowledge you seek?"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @York @R A V E N C L A W
Juno listened attentively as Lloyd began to describe his own Summer, before he was interrupted by Nikki. Letting them catch up on whatever relationship they had before, admittedly tuning out once the unfamiliar older professor appeared (she also didn't feel inclined to spell out the Muggle stigma to Lloyd, wanting to remain tactful), Juno cleared her throat and straightened her posture like a soldier in the presence of a superior, though perhaps not strictly as stiff.

"Ah, good evening, Professor Fantasma. I hope we have an enlightening experience this semester," she said politely, yet firmly. Before Juno could go on to ask why they were being approached at a relatively late hour, or why that would be any trouble for him to be teaching them, Nikki seemed to pose the latter question for Juno already. As Fantasma gave the answer, Juno couldn't help but furrow her brow apprehensively, clasping her hands together.

"Eh? The headmistress...? I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding," Juno responded in response to the notion that Headmistress Umbridge disliked Muggles. After all, she seemed like the type who would discontinue Muggle Studies if that was so, but then... Well, that matter seemed to have been dropped rather quickly anyway, the focus shifting toward Nikki now for a moment. From there, Juno simply had another sip of her Earl Grey, wondering if this exchange was much of her business, but then, if they felt so inclined as to talk in front of the others...

@York @Jeremi @Archmage Jeremiah @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies
Nikki squirmed in her uniform and glanced uneasily towards Lloyd, then Juno, before the professor again addressed her by name. "Oh, yes, that's me," she at last confirmed, hiding her previous anxiety underneath a businesslike smile. At the mention of a tutor, however, is when Nikki's face truly lit up through a sigh of relief. "I would be thrilled to have a tutor, Professor Fantasma,"

Dimples formed in Nikki's cheeks as they turned pink in the face of all the flattery coming her way, and she turned her head away in a futile attempt to hide it and the smile that followed close behind. As the conversation circled back to the topic of tutors, Nikki again beamed the same way she had when Fantasma first brought up the topic. "You'd really do that for me?" she asked in the same tone she had used when she first muttered Lloyd's name, and was likely seeking the same confirmation.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Ver @York @Gummi Bunnies
Gavin Bentley

The day was not off to a good start for poor Gavin Bentley. For all his acquired knowledge in magic, and his spirit during his time at Hogwarts, life itself seemed to be stacked against him.

It all started when he got out of bed this morning, noticing he had slept through what should have been his alarm, and scrambling hap-hazardly out of bed... His subsequent morning routine disorganized and rushed as he barely managed to make it into the train before departure, and tried his best to act casual, as if he had arrived just on time and was... Coming out of the bathroom, or something along those lines.

After all, a Ravenclaw like him was supposed to be more punctual, and on time... But, perhaps he was just a "Ravenclaw" when he practiced magic, anything outside of that seemed to beg to differ, all things considered. One could hardly imagine him as a member of such a house really, if it weren't for his spellcraft anyways.

Fast forward to the arrival at Hogwarts, Gavin was a bit more focused on reflecting on the spells he was working on, and neglected to partake in the conversations going on... At least until their Professor for Muggle studies came in.

While he would have just kept his silence, the mention of what headmistress had originally intended the class to be made his blood run cold... But he tried to play it off and simply nodded.

"Just Muggle studies will do... There's no need to bring... Politics into it... Right?" He said... Though his voice was rather quiet.

In fact, it was probably for the best if it was so quiet that no-one heard him at all... But... Who knows...

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Ver @Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies @Ravenclaw​

Last edited:

All this disagreement and grief didn't seem to bother Ross as smirked at Professor's worlds. Being the seeker for Hufflepuff, and hotshot, Ross shook his head. Chuckling, he stretched his legs where he sat.

"Come on! They're gonna implode, Professor. The Hapries on paper look good, I'll give you that. There defense is great and the offence is solid, but let me ask you, have looked at all the details? They looked towards their seeker way too often to get the team out of a jam because their offence stalls too much, and he's average at best. And their defense? While it's great really great, if it's a tough game and it slides, it's over, the team checks out. It's a house of card. It's the little things that'll do you in."

Ross looked away slightly as he turned Wistreria. He had seen the girl since last year. The meet when a few upper classmen got a little too "touchy feely" for their own good. Since then, the two were fairy close. She was smart and if Ross need help with something, she'd help him. Ross looked at the girl, smirking. Ross didn't waste any time picking up where they left off.'

"Yo "Wissy",what's up? You miss me or what? Not even a hi?"

@Pretentious Pineapple @Takumi @Raptor Jesus @Jeremi @Kaykay @Cromartous
"Could you tone it down a bit? And I also think that it would be good to show Wisteria at least a bit of respect." Stanley commented before taking another bite out of his sandwich. After wiping the crumbs away from his mouth with his forearm, Stanley continued.

"Sometimes I'm convinced that you belong in Slytherin, or at the very least hanging around the jocks like Rio...." Stanley muttered, though it was loud enough for other people around him to hear.

@Josh @Jeremi @Kaykay @Takumi @Cromartous

Last edited:
Not expecting to be addressed by their professor, Sam nervously straightened his back and anxiously averted his gaze. "S-School just started. I can't blame her for being full of energy," the teen replied in defense of his friend. "But I certainly will keep an eye out for her." The blond swallowed a lump in his throat and let out a sigh after both the professor and Mary would leave him. He hunched over and wrapped his arms around his body, stifling a small groan with closed lips. This little exchanged had somehow left him feeling sick again. It had been difficult for him to speak with that adult, and he knew he would have to try his hardest to grow comfortable around his teachers again.

Anyhow, after beginning to feel sick, Samael decided it was time he headed for his dorm as well. So he stood up and began to leave the room, realizing as he had never gotten a chance to reply when Mary asked him about his summer. Admittedly, not responding to this request was probably for the better. Sam never really had normal, fun summers like most young people his age. He wasn't healthy enough to go out very often and had spent most of his time indoors reading various books his sister had picked up for him when she went out. It had been a rather disheartening summer, but at least he could feel comfort in the fact that it was now in the past. Being at school wouldn't be like his summer had been. No, he planned on making it a good year. This would definitely be a good year, he told himself.

@Khan of the Mardu @Jeremi @Lucky @dark

"Could you tone it down a bit? And I also think that it would be good to show Wisteria at least a bit of respect." Stanley commented before taking another bite out of his sandwich. After wiping the crumbs away from his mouth with his forearm, Stanley continued.

"Sometimes I'm convinced that you belong in Slytherin, or at the very least hanging around the jocks like Rio...." Stanley muttered, though it was loud enough for other people around him to hear.

"You almost make it sound as if Rio is a stereotype." Kit hummed, perking up at the mention of his brother. In all honesty, it was pretty much 98% accurate of his brother to be like that, though he was also rather protective as well. It was pretty amusing, in a way, to the youngest Myre.

There wasn't any negativity coming from Kit's tone, so he wasn't at all offended. Why would he be?

@Jeremi @Pretentious Pineapple @Raptor Jesus @Josh @Kaykay @Cromartous @Hufflepuff

"Hey Ross!" she responded with a quick wave and grin, turning from where she stood to face him as well. "Sorry, sorry, just didn't want things getting too heated in here first!"

No longer really having a reason to be standing, Wisteria moved towards the couch Kit and Ross were sitting on and took a seat herself. She raised her arms high, stretching like a cat, before relaxing into her seat with a long exhale. Admittedly, she didn't much care for Quidditch, which seemed to be what the house decided to discuss now. It was much better than arguing amongst themselves, but she didn't have much interest in participating there.

"So how you been doing? Life treating you well?"

@Cromartous @Takumi @Raptor Jesus @Pretentious Pineapple @Josh @Jeremi
"
"Eh, can't complain. You know me? Just chasing skirts and workin' out in the States. So pretty much what I do here. That reminds me, I got -"

Ross stopped in mid sentence as he heard Stanely scolding Ross, telling the american to "show respect to Wisteria". This kid knew nothing of his closeness with the girl, and to add insult to injury? He was talking smack about his friend, Rio. Rio was one of his best friends. This kid was on a roll.​

"Kid, I do hang out with Rio. Maybe if you get your mind off that sandwitch, and your head out of ya ass, you know that'd I never disrespect Wissy. You don't know about us, and you sure don't know me. "

Standing up, Ross looked down at the boy. Ross's thick New York accent was stern, but not threatening.

"Word of advice? It's gonna be a long year if you keep runnin' ya mouth."

Angry, Ross walked away, moving himself to a more private area.

@Jeremi @Pretentious Pineapple @Raptor Jesus @Takumi @Kaykay @Cromartous @Hufflepuff​

Um.

That was really all Rio could feel towards what McGonagall just said. What the Devil was she talking about? Don't let Umbridge notice you to survive? What? Once their house head was gone, Rio looked to the rest of his housemates, lolly almost falling out of his open mouth. "...am I daft, or did she just say something...totally weird?"

@Otto @Blacksmith @Glostechk @MelodyMeister @Gryffindor​

"
"Eh, can't complain. You know me? Just chasing skirts and workin' out in the States. So pretty much what I do here. That reminds me, I got -"

Ross stopped in mid sentence as he heard Stanely scolding Ross, telling the american to "show respect to Wisteria". This kid knew nothing of his closeness with the girl, and to add insult to injury? He was talking smack about his friend, Rio. Rio was one of his best friends. This kid was on a roll.​

"Kid, I do hang out with Rio. Maybe if you get your mind off that sandwitch, and your head out of ya ass, you know that'd I never disrespect Wissy. You don't know about us, and you sure don't know me. "

Standing up, Ross looked down at the boy. Ross's thick New York accent was stern, but not threatening.

"Word of advice? It's gonna be a long year if you keep runnin' ya mouth."

Angry, Ross walked away, moving himself to a more private area.

@Jeremi @Pretentious Pineapple @Raptor Jesus @Takumi @Kaykay @Cromartous @Hufflepuff​
Stanley looked up to Ross, genuinely confused by his sudden outburst and even a bit saddened that he offended the guy. "I think Rio is an alright guy. I didn't mean to offend you, Ross." Stanley said. He had no problems with Rio, specifically. He disliked jocks, sure, but Rio was an alright guy for a jock.

Well, it didn't mean much, as Ross had taken off on his lonesome to the back, causing Stanley to let out a sigh and lean back into the couch.

@Josh @Takumi @Pretentious Pineapple @Jeremi @Kaykay @Cromartous

Last edited:

He blinked.

To those who knew the stoic muggleborn, that was a move akin to leaping atop a table and howling in surprise. Caleb might have doubted his ears, were it not for his house mates reaction.

Um.

That was really all Rio could feel towards what McGonagall just said. What the Devil was she talking about? Don't let Umbridge notice you to survive? What? Once their house head was gone, Rio looked to the rest of his housemates, lolly almost falling out of his open mouth. "...am I daft, or did she just say something...totally weird?"

@Otto @Blacksmith @Glostechk @MelodyMeister @Gryffindor​

A joke seemed out of character for their stern head of house. It could have been a prank, but nobody was laughing. That and it seemed more a Raven or Snake sort of humor- something to get the Lions either thinking (god forbid) or paranoid. For now however, Caleb offered his opinion.

"If she said it in earnest, then it comes down to whether you believe she was joking or trying to warn us. Strange she should mention a-coworker like that." Perhaps there was something to his initial impression after all. He got to his feet, announcing aloud.

"As a Gryffindor, I will give my house and those who wish for it my aide such as it is. Whatever it is brewing beneath all this? It will soon be ripped to shreds by a pride of lions. And if it is a joke? Then it's in poor humor." He tossed the stick of the candy given into the fire, giving Melody a nod of thanks once more. To the others, he bowed his head.

"I know someone who might assist us in finding out more. I shall ask her tomorrow. Good night."

And off he went to bed.

@Yun Lee @Otto @MelodyMeister @Ghostechk @Jeremi

"Over? Oh! Oh yes of course, silly me." Professor McGonagall exclaimed. "As you all know the 7th year students have the the N.E.W.T. exam this year and I figured I'd just say that give it your all, you all want to strive for the best, yes?" All of it seemed a bit odd, not like she had done this any other year. "And of course, school starts in earnest tomorrow, I know I shouldn't have to say it but despite being in different houses interacting beyond your own houses is crucial, so I hope these are things both new and old students will reflect on."

"Professor McGonagall, the N.E.W.T. exam is just for the 7th year students, correct?" Adele knew that was what she had heard from the professor's conversation with the students; however, it seemed like Adele wanted to make sure in case she was included. "This is my 6th year, so if I'm not required to take it then I shouldn't worry-"

It was rare that Professor McGonagall would exit in such a rush. McGonagall's whole gesture made it seem like something was going on, but Adele didn't want to linger on that thought as she was becoming nervous. Her professor ignored her question, leaving her in a limbo of thoughts as the girl wanted to avoid failing the first exam of the beginning of the year.

Great.
Um.

That was really all Rio could feel towards what McGonagall just said. What the Devil was she talking about? Don't let Umbridge notice you to survive? What? Once their house head was gone, Rio looked to the rest of his housemates, lolly almost falling out of his open mouth. "...am I daft, or did she just say something...totally weird?"​

"S-She... ignored my question... I..."

Growing a headache, Adele just grabbed her luggage from the floor sighing deeply as she proceeded to the stairs. "Who knows." She turned to Rio as she gave him a nervous smile. "It's unlike her to ignore me, but I'm guessing we should be careful." Adele honestly didn't want to go to her dormitory as she knew she would have to figure out whether she was going to pass this exam or not.​

Melody stopped laughing and crossed her arms at the head of house trying her best to look serious, she knew McGonagall was a strict lady, and tried her best to listen. Well, tried to since all she heard was basic school stuff like interacting with students and all that, and that left her mumbling things under her breath like,
“Yea, yea..I’ve got it, I’m not good at friend stuff though..”
She was certain no one heard her except her housemates though. She was just tired and wanted to go to bed, since she found Mcgonagall’s talk kinda boring.
Jeremi said:
She looked around as if to see if someone was listening in before she continued. "Do not give U- Headmistress Umbridge a reason to notice you. Lean on those you trust and you will survive. I promise." Realizing she might had spoken out of turn professor McGonagall quickly tried to play it off. "Oh but you shouldn't listen to my ramblings, much like for all of you I imagine it has been a very taxing day. I wont’ hold you any longer. Good night and here is to another wonderful year at Hogwarts." With that she left as quickly as she had entered.

Melody looked blankly at Mcgonagall, it wasn’t like the professor to say something out of line, and bit her lip as to not ask questions until she left the room.
“What!? That isn’t really like her to say that..don’t you think, Adele and Rio? Something’s off..Arrggh, never mind, I’m off to bed. See you later.”
Melody finished the Chocolate Frog she was eating and went upstairs, preparing to retire for the night.

@Otto @Glostechk @Blacksmith @Yun Lee @Gryffindor

Last edited:
The talking continued on to the wee hours, head of houses said their farewells and soon enough everyone moved on to their beds and fluttered off into dream land

Monday September 2, 2002

The morning classes had been rather uneventful for most of the students and the day shifted into their first period and lunch time followed by yet another free period and rest of the classes.

At the moment the great hall was rather empty but it was no doubt going to be filling up with students ready for some food. Especially since the Star of Term Feast had been cancelled. Saving costs, Umbridge had said during her speech. Instead everyone got an apple and sent to their houses.

Here's hoping that the actual food today was edible. If nothing else now was ample time for the houses to mingle and socialize across borders, and who knows what else they can end up doing before the period ends?

The talking continued on to the wee hours, head of houses said their farewells and soon enough everyone moved on to their beds and fluttered off into dream land

Monday September 2, 2002

The morning classes had been rather uneventful for most of the students and the day shifted into their first period and lunch time followed by yet another free period and rest of the classes.

At the moment the great hall was rather empty but it was no doubt going to be filling up with students ready for some food. Especially since the Star of Term Feast had been cancelled. Saving costs, Umbridge had said during her speech. Instead everyone got an apple and sent to their houses.

Here's hoping that the actual food today was edible. If nothing else now was ample time for the houses to mingle and socialize across borders, and who knows what else they can end up doing before the period ends?

As she walked into the Great Hall, Mary cursed as she recalled that she had forgotten to take a chance and slug her apple core from the night before at Umbridge before disappearing into the crowd. Oh well, the chance to aggravate the headmistress was certain to come in the future, and besides, no need to worry about it when she had other matters, such as stuffing her face full of meat and potatoes. For now, she made a beeline for the Slytherin table, slipping past stragglers who wasted time finding a seat.

For a moment though, her eyes glanced over to the Hufflepuff table, where Isolde and Stanley would hopefully be sitting, and she shot them both a nod. Likewise, she gave Caleb, whenever he showed up, a nod as well out of respect for their... friendship? Something akin to that. Nothing more was exchanged though, as Mary was focused upon sitting down quickly and finishing her meal early so that she could leave as soon as possible. She wouldn't have much time to slide into and out of the library during the free period, and she didn't plan to show up before Sam and Isolde empty-handed.

@Neko Shogun @Blacksmith @Raptor Jesus @Pretentious Pineapple

Melody lazily stumbles into the great hall, the first day of school is always tiring, and this year is not exception. Deciding to just get a table, she placed her books on a random table and began to eat the food on her dish, although she wasn’t hungry and in fact felt bloated. Deciding that this is the best time to do her homework, she took the work out of her bag and began to complete it, although she was daydreaming and not paying attention.
“Ugh..This homework is never going to be completed, I might as well take a nap. I wonder what McGongall was on about...”
That thought was in her head for a while now since her head was often so unorganised and clustered.
“I know Umbridge is kinda disliked throughout the school, but for our head of house to say that? It’s strange..”
Although she didn’t say it out loud, she wanted someone to sit with her, since her table is kind of empty.

he talking continued on to the wee hours, head of houses said their farewells and soon enough everyone moved on to their beds and fluttered off into dream land

Caleb woke up early. The habit of years, when you helped work in a family-owned eatery. Meat needed to be trimmed, tables set and noodles prepared before actual cooking much less orders could be done and taken. If anything, the sheer relative silence in comparison was slightly unnerving to the Gryffindor and he knew he wasn't going to sleep.

Silently, he got up and descended below to the common room. The fire was banked and low, undoubtedly house elves at work. The common room was silent and still, the remains of games and notes stacked neatly aside. Normally, Caleb would be heading for the Quidditch field for a brisk run. Unfortunately, he had enough sense to know it was a bad idea. That warning from McGonagall, joke or not had gotten to him and for now, he decided caution will do.

So instead of running, he looked furtively both ways to ensure nobody was around. As soon as he was certain no one was watching, he stretched out before settling into a combat stance. He always felt vaguely stupid, whenever he did this. Not every Asian was a martial artist and the screaming and various associated with the sport, he had an inkling was made solely to make Westerners look stupid. The spiritual side, he left to wiser and more interested folks.

He emptied his mind and from memory, launched into a surprising rendition of Donnie Yens combat movements from his role in Iron Monkey. His fists flew, his feet swept in silence as he found himself working up a sweat.

It wasn't honest Rugby, but it'll do.

Rio's first order of business was to make a beeline for the Hufflepuff area. McGonagall's odd behavior aside, he wanted to see Ross, Kit, and Isolde so badly.

@Takumi @Josh @Pretentious Pineapple

Melody lazily stumbles into the great hall, the first day of school is always tiring, and this year is not exception. Deciding to just get a table, she placed her books on a random table and began to eat the food on her dish, although she wasn’t hungry and in fact felt bloated. Deciding that this is the best time to do her homework, she took the work out of her bag and began to complete it, although she was daydreaming and not paying attention.
“Ugh..This homework is never going to be completed, I might as well take a nap. I wonder what McGongall was on about...”
That thought was in her head for a while now since her head was often so unorganised and clustered.
“I know Umbridge is kinda disliked throughout the school, but for our head of house to say that? It’s strange..”
Although she didn’t say it out loud, she wanted someone to sit with her, since her table is kind of empty.

The day went by, more or less without further incident. He begrudgingly wore his school uniform, practiced magic with his wand (Ebony and dragon heartstring. Six inches, stubborn but innately suited to him) and generally kept his head down. There was little opportunity to do his own research and frankly, he'd be first to admit his shortcomings in that area.

But he knew someone who could make up for that.

He glanced at the traditional rivals of Gryffindor, the emblem of the snake presiding over the table.

Likewise, she gave Caleb, whenever he showed up, a nod as well out of respect for their... friendship? Something akin to that. Nothing more was exchanged though, as Mary was focused upon sitting down quickly and finishing her meal early so that she could leave as soon as possible.

To Melody, he said offhand.

"Perhaps studying in the library would be a better idea today?"

He belatedly realized he'd been spending too much time with Mary apparently and sighed inwardly. More direct as Rio headed for Hufflepuff, he spoke.

"Meet me in the library. Act natural, I want to talk to a friend and compare notes."

He then devoted himself to his food and five minutes after Mary left, Caleb got up to do the same.

@MelodyMeister @Khan of the Mardu @Jeremi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back