Status
Not open for further replies.
Melody looked at Caleb blankly, and nodded back. She is one big fan of books, and surely, the library would be a better place to do her homework.
"Thanks, I'll take that suggestion."
She said that before packing up her books and taking the last of the meat, before beginning to head over to the quiet library. She playfully waved around her wand as if it was a toy, an Phoenix feathered, alder wand, that one was. She didn't really look in front of her, but instead, only in the direction of the library, making it very likely for her to bump into someone. She's a strange one, Melody, one day, she's serious and stoic and the other, she's eccentric and childish.

@Jeremi @Blacksmith

"And suddenly a member of Slytherin has lost their skill to read and think, or perhaps both? One can never be too certain." Professor Swagglebone tapped Ian lightly on the head with his staff. "The only one you need to worry about is Potions, because that's the only one that matters. Perhaps also as a 7th year Mister Miles some consideration to put into your N.E.W.T. exams perhaps?"

"Or perhaps..." The professor once again turned his attention towards Mary. "We just have to find a place where that broken part fits in? Hmm? Failing that we can continue to pound and form it until it finally fits in place."

@Lucky @dark @Neko Shogun @Khan of the Mardu

"Because!"
Professor Maximus started with a huge grin on her face. "The star Seeker of the Montrose Magpies Lenox Campbell just ended a long term relationship and he was utterly devastated. With out a good Seeker you can kiss any wins goodbye, is what I always say, the one time I've said it!" She chuckled at the two boys. "You can have your bleedin' facts and statistics, but let me tell you that means nothing in the way of a broken heart."

@Pretentious Pineapple @Takumi @Raptor Jesus @Josh @Kaykay @Cromartous

"The h-headmistress doesn't like Muggles. F-forget I said anything...I don't know anything just rambling on and on. Oh! You are Nikki T. Hilton-Lynn are you not?" Professor Fantasma asked turning his attention towards Nikki. "Y-You're the reason why I'm here, actually. I-I've understood that you leaped to the end of the studies yes? D-Do you believe it will be enough or do you need a tutor to h-help gain the f-final knowledge you seek?"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @York @R A V E N C L A W
"Maybe maybe" Yaser muttered, stroking his chin in thought "But we never soley depended on Campbell anyway. If he can't pull his weight he'll be dropped before the qualifiers, and well just get another seeker- the Magpies' reputation gives them the pick of the litter whenever it comes to player transfers or graduating prodigies. It might be a minor set back, but nothing crippling"

He then paused for a moment, considering a chilling possibly "Say, Proffessor, they Umbrige hasn't gone and banned Quidditch again this year, has she?"
(Mobile post)
@Pretentious Pineapple @takuni @Raptor Jesus @Josh @Kaykay

Rio's first order of business was to make a beeline for the Hufflepuff area. McGonagall's odd behavior aside, he wanted to see Ross, Kit, and Isolde so badly.

@Takumi @Josh @Pretentious Pineapple

Kit slept like a log-after staying up longer than planned listening and talking with his housemates, followed by slightly worrying about whether the next day would be tough or not. The first day of school nerves were still there deep down, just not very intense. Come the following morning though, the blonde felt much better than the day before at least.

"Hey Rio." Kit greeted his brother from where he sat with a smile and a wave as the older Myre made a beeline for Ross, him, and Isolde.

"Did you sleep well?" he asked.

@Yun Lee @Pretentious Pineapple @Josh

"Kit!" Rio put an affectionate arm around his little brother, overjoyed to see him. "Yeah, I slept great! I missed you guys, though-I barely got to hang out with you all yesterday." Sometimes, he almost wished he was in Hufflepuff just so he could hang out with these three more. Sure, he loved Gryffindor, and liked the folks there a lot, but sometimes it got annoying to see these three less than they all got to see each other.

"How about you, bro? Have a good first night back at school? No one gave you any trouble, right?" He glanced at Ross as he asked that, as if to silently request the American tell him anything that went down if Kit was too polite to.

The students who sat down at the tables didn't have to wait long for a bowl of some sort of stew to emerge through the table in front of them. While you couldn't discern what the ingredients where it smelled heavenly.

@Khan of the Mardu @Blacksmith @Raptor Jesus @MelodyMeister

"Kit!" Rio put an affectionate arm around his little brother, overjoyed to see him. "Yeah, I slept great! I missed you guys, though-I barely got to hang out with you all yesterday." Sometimes, he almost wished he was in Hufflepuff just so he could hang out with these three more. Sure, he loved Gryffindor, and liked the folks there a lot, but sometimes it got annoying to see these three less than they all got to see each other.

"How about you, bro? Have a good first night back at school? No one gave you any trouble, right?" He glanced at Ross as he asked that, as if to silently request the American tell him anything that went down if Kit was too polite to.

"You wanna guess the secret ingredient?" A raspy old woman voice asked Rio and the others. Looking behind them they found a house elf that looked as old as time itself. No one knew the house elves name, but most of them called her Granny. "You wanna guess the secret ingredient?" She repeated waiting for an answer from the group.

@Takumi @Josh @Pretentious Pineapple @Yun Lee

The talking continued on to the wee hours, head of houses said their farewells and soon enough everyone moved on to their beds and fluttered off into dream land

Monday September 2, 2002

The morning classes had been rather uneventful for most of the students and the day shifted into their first period and lunch time followed by yet another free period and rest of the classes.

At the moment the great hall was rather empty but it was no doubt going to be filling up with students ready for some food. Especially since the Star of Term Feast had been cancelled. Saving costs, Umbridge had said during her speech. Instead everyone got an apple and sent to their houses.

Here's hoping that the actual food today was edible. If nothing else now was ample time for the houses to mingle and socialize across borders, and who knows what else they can end up doing before the period ends?

@Glostechk as Adele Dumont (Gryffindor)
@dark as Alcander Montanari (Slytherin)
@Blacksmith as Caleb Cato (Gryffindor)
@York as Gavin Bently (Ravenclaw)
@Lucky as Ian Miles the fourth (Slytherin)
@Pretentious Pineapple as Isolde Adalynn Draupnir (Hufflepuff)
@Gummi Bunnies as Julius Kerrigan (Ravenclaw)
@Ver as Juno Post (Ravenclaw)
@Otto as Keith Carter (Gryffindor)
@Takumi as Kit Myre (Hufflepuff)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Lloyd Whitaker (Ravenclaw)
@Khan of the Mardu as Martha Pleiades (Slytherin)
@MelodyMeister as Melody Cristala (Gryffindor)
@Archmage Jeremiah as Nikki T. Hilton-Lynn (Ravenclaw)
@Yun Lee as Rio Myre (Gryffindor)
@Josh as Ross Rhodes (Hufflepuff)
@Neko Shogun as Samael Rossi (Slytherin)
@Raptor Jesus as Stanley George Edwards (Hufflepuff)
@Kaykay as Wisteria King (Hufflepuff)
@Cromartous as Yaser Branblesnap (Hufflepuff)​
Gavin Bentley

Gavin seemed relieved that today's classes went by without a hitch, at least for the most part. However, he did admit he was pretty disappointed by the lack of a beginning of the term feast. Sure, an apple was better than nothing, but... He found it hard to believe that a food shortage was the reason behind all this; it was Hogwarts after all, so... What was Umbridge thinking?

He sighed, deciding to occupy himself with something, sitting all on his own at a table, and pullied out a book of spells he had working on, flipping to a page that detailed a rather peculiar spell he was trying to get working correctly; "sequitur fulgur".

A spell that could home in on its target, and thus does not require maintaining direct line of sight in order to hit its mark. Naturally, it was a relatively harmless one, meant to temporarily subdue the target with a shocking sensation, nothing more... But he had yet to properly develop the "homing" aspect of the spell, so it was in fact, half baked.

Once he was able to get past that little speed bump, he might just be able to formulate some more usefull spells perhaps...

Gavin was so lost in his thinking as he pondered how he could improve on the spell, that he had (unfortunately) tuned himself completely out of hsi surroundings... Oh dear...

@Jeremi @Others?​

Gavin Bentley

Gavin seemed relieved that today's classes went by without a hitch, at least for the most part. However, he did admit he was pretty disappointed by the lack of a beginning of the term feast. Sure, an apple was better than nothing, but... He found it hard to believe that a food shortage was the reason behind all this; it was Hogwarts after all, so... What was Umbridge thinking?

He sighed, deciding to occupy himself with something, sitting all on his own at a table, and pullied out a book of spells he had working on, flipping to a page that detailed a rather peculiar spell he was trying to get working correctly; "sequitur fulgur".

A spell that could home in on its target, and thus does not require maintaining direct line of sight in order to hit its mark. Naturally, it was a relatively harmless one, meant to temporarily subdue the target with a shocking sensation, nothing more... But he had yet to properly develop the "homing" aspect of the spell, so it was in fact, half baked.

Once he was able to get past that little speed bump, he might just be able to formulate some more usefull spells perhaps...

Gavin was so lost in his thinking as he pondered how he could improve on the spell, that he had (unfortunately) tuned himself completely out of hsi surroundings... Oh dear...

@Jeremi @Others?​
❝ I take it that you're still working on this particular spell. Hm? ❞ Julius tapped on the other's shoulder. It didn't take long for him to notice on what Gavin's been up to, especially if they had recently arrived back for another year at Hogwarts. While he didn't feel the need to mingle so much with other people, the spell that was in question sounded interesting. Essentially, Julius wanted at least a bit of a taste of it.

❝ Unless it's too much to ask for, I'd like a brief rundown on what this spell can do. I might have some pointers to give you, if any may come up to mind. ❞ The thought of actually asking someone on how a spell worked was a rare thing for Julius to do, but he intended to come out of this with at least something to take away from it all.

@York @Jeremi @ppl

"Other than having a bit of back to school nerves, I slept fine." Kit responded, and chuckled a bit when Rio asked about experiencing any trouble, and shook his head.

"No, I didn't have any trouble at all." he responded, and smiled once the house elf Granny showed up, before a curious expression came across his face as she asked them to guess the secret ingredient.

A spice that made soup savory and tasky, that you can set your teeth into, huh? He thought on it for a second, but nothing really came to mind...

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Pretentious Pineapple @Josh

The students who sat down at the tables didn't have to wait long for a bowl of some sort of stew to emerge through the table in front of them. While you couldn't discern what the ingredients where it smelled heavenly.

@Khan of the Mardu @Blacksmith @Raptor Jesus @MelodyMeister

"You wanna guess the secret ingredient?" A raspy old woman voice asked Rio and the others. Looking behind them they found a house elf that looked as old as time itself. No one knew the house elves name, but most of them called her Granny. "You wanna guess the secret ingredient?" She repeated waiting for an answer from the group.

@Takumi @Josh @Pretentious Pineapple @Yun Lee
Mary couldn't help but grimace at the sight of the plain, boring bowl of soup that was placed before them. Not even a piece of bread to dip and scoop it up with... Despite however the aroma might tickle her nose, she knew this wouldn't satisfy her hunger. By the end of the year, these "budget cuts" are going to scorch so much of the earth that we'll be reduced to nibbling on charred tree bark and dirt. Oh well, it would simply have to do, and at least it meant she would not linger here for long before slipping off to the library. Thus, with a begrudging grumble, she began to ingest the rustic meal at a fervous pace, seeking to finish it as quickly as politely possible, all while listening to the others banter with Granny.

@Khan of the Mardu @Blacksmith @Raptor Jesus

"Hmm...peppers?" That was kind of all Rio could think of that included both hints. Turning to Kit he smiled. "Good. If anyone does anything though...let me know. Same goes for your little brother, Izzy." Kit and Samael were good kids, but definitely on the softer side. Rio was more than happy to look out for them.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Pretentious Pineapple @Josh

"Hmm...peppers?" That was kind of all Rio could think of that included both hints. Turning to Kit he smiled. "Good. If anyone does anything though...let me know. Same goes for your little brother, Izzy." Kit and Samael were good kids, but definitely on the softer side. Rio was more than happy to look out for them.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Pretentious Pineapple @Josh

"Hehehehehe. No. No. No. Sorry dearie, better luck next time." She motioned to Rio to lean in closer so that Granny could whisper into his ear. "The secret ingredient is...Flubberworm! Hehehehehe!" With that the house elf skipped out of the Great Hall into parts unknown.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Pretentious Pineapple @Josh

"...huh." Whether or not Granny hoped Rio would be grossed out, the boy merely shrugged it off and started wolfing down the stew. Had to keep your energy up for Quidditch, even if that meant eating a Flubberworm stew here and there.

@Takumi @Josh @Pretentious Pineapple @Jeremi

Waking up early like he always did, Ross's was still slightly steaming as got dressed for the day. Walking up to Rio and kit, he still relatively pissed. Kit and Ross weren't close as Rio was with both, but Ross always kept and eye out for him

"Other than having a bit of back to school nerves, I slept fine." Kit responded, and chuckled a bit when Rio asked about experiencing any trouble, and shook his head.

"No, I didn't have any trouble at all." he responded, and smiled once the house elf Granny showed up, before a curious expression came across his face as she asked them to guess the secret ingredient.

A spice that made soup savory and tasky, that you can set your teeth into, huh? He thought on it for a second, but nothing really came to mind...

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Pretentious Pineapple @Josh

Sitting quietly, Ross just look at the brothers, all most ignoring the elf. Ross just sat there.

"Some guy was talk shit. I handled it."

Going back to his meal, he only turned his head as a passing girl waved to him, waving back. He didn't miss a beat.

"Sup Macy! I got ya letters. I can't talk now. I'll track ya down in a bit, cool? Cool."

Looking back at the brothers with a smirk, eating his food while he talk, his eye looking back at girl.

" Macy, Macy, Hate to see ya go, love to watch her walk away. Speaking of handlin', I'll handle her later, too. Remind me to let you see the letters she wrote me later, Rio."

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Pretentious Pineapple @Josh @Kaykay

Rio's eyes narrowed at Ross' report. It didn't surprise him that someome would act up in even Hufflepuff house; he learned via a (admittedly deserved) bloody nose that they weren't all pacifists. But someone talking shit about any of these three was not something Rio liked to hear. "Thanks, man. Keep me updated if anything else happens."

His irritation, however, disappeared as he watch Ross with Macy. An amused smile on his face, he couldn't help but laugh. "Letters over the summer, huh? Sounds like you might already have a date for the Yule Ball on the second day of school."

@Josh @Takumi @Pretentious Pineapple

"More like dates."

Ross once again grinned as he eat. Turning back to Rio, Ross informed his friend.

"I've been here for what? Two years. Everyone here knows I got a weakness for the opposite gender. So I thought to myself, "Ross, you can use this to your advantage." Some girls don't want a boyfriend, they just wanna have fun. Macy Moss? Yu Yan? Megan Boots? They want fun? And me? I can do fun. I can do a lot of things."

Ross shook his head at Rio.

"And you could be havin' fun too, but in the prime of your life, you chain yourself to a girl. Don't take this the wrong way. I like her, you two are good together, but it's like going to an all night party and leavin' at Nine. Makes no sense. "

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Pretentious Pineapple @Kaykay

"Aw, c'mon, Ross, you and I are totally different when it comes to our social lives. Izzy's my first girlfriend, and even then I wouldn't have even realized she was interested in me until Kit clued me in. Heck, it still took me four months after he started dropping hints for me to realize it!" Rio shook his head. "Nah, man, I'm really happy to be with Izzy. And I'm happy you have so many lucky ladies to keep you company."

Rio started to eat his stew again, getting it in his head to start talking Quidditch with Ross. Before that, though, something was kind of nagging at him. "Hey." He looked around at the Hufflepuffs. "Did you guys notice Professor Maximus acting.. I don't know, weird last night? She did come by your dormitory, yeah?"

@Josh @Takumi @Pretentious Pineapple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back