Ame Damnee Residential District

Kaleo - Allanah's Home
Thankfully, Phobos seemed to have quieted down as Kaleo regained his composure. Kaleo hardly even noticed the knock on the door until Allanah went to go answer it. He glanced at his arm for a second before sheathing the dagger and swiping the fresh blood on his nose, almost absently; it was a ritual he had completed too many times before. He tuned out the brief conversation Allanah had with the stranger at the door as his eyes trailed down to the blood on the floor. Of course Kaleo was never squeamish about blood, but for some reason seeing it here, in a place like this, it... Disturbed him. He glanced around the room briefly until he noticed a small towel nearby, which he quickly swiped up and used to clean off the blood on his arm before dropping it on the floor. Kaleo pushed the towel around on the floor with his foot, mopping up most of the blood in a soggy, red mess before he glanced up to see who had just entered the room.

Hi'dric? Kaleo stopped. What was he doing here? He tugged down the sleeve on his injured arm, though the blood had not quite stopped yet. Allanah said something about going to get a pen and paper and rushed off. Kaleo looked at Hi'dric cautiously. So he'd come here to talk to him. Why? He hadn't seemed too interested in talking before, and he didn't really seem like the type to have an invested interest in his underlings; at least from what he gathered at their last encounter. And he'd sought him out.

Kaleo slowly finished mopping up the blood on the floor, but didn't take his eyes off Hi'dric. He seemed calm, but... Something wasn't right. Something familiar...

He couldn't place his finger on it.

Hi'dric Varon Normell- Allanah's House
Hi'dric stepped in and looked around, unfazed by the blood that seemed to be everywhere. He had seen worse and decided it was not worth his attention as he turned his gaze on Kaleo. He was about to say something when fresh blood hit his nose, his lavendar eyes falling on Kaleo's wounds. "Well, I was going to discuss something with you but I think those wounds are of more importance first. Let me heal you, child and your friend too. I won't ask what happened as it seems that it's none of my business. But after I heal you, we have something very important to dicuss." Hi'dric said as he let his hand glow a dim white, an incantation being muttered under his breath. "Now let me see your wounds, Kaleo, and you too, my dear." He said calling out to Allanah.

Allanah
Residential District - Allanah's Residence

The girl opened the door cradling the pen, paper, and a roll of bandage close to her chest, but blinked in surprise as the man who had just entered insisted to heal their wounds. Allanah hesitated as she put her wounded arm behind her, murmuring. "I'm... alright." she said as she placed the stuff she brought down on the centertable, looking away as she ran to the sink to wash her wound with running water. The cut was deep, it would have gone through had the knife not get caught in a bone. It hurt, a lot, but she didn't mind. She wanted it to heal slowly, maybe even leave a scar. It will be a reminder for her to stay focused, stay in control. She took of her glasses and pinched the bridge of her nose, facing the kindly man with a cheerful smile. "My hand is alright, no need to bother, Mister, but thank you..." she trailed off, her red eyes widening a little.

The kindly man wasn't kind at all. He was tainted, engulfed in darkness, engulfed in shadow. Despite the smile in his face, his heart was ridden with soot: anger... Why? It looked like it was bracing itself, biding its time. Kaleo. she talked to him telepathically, in alarm. Be careful. This man... she hesitated.

Kaleo - Allanah's House
Kaleo withdrew at Hi'dric offer of healing, his eyes narrowing ever-so-slightly. These were his scars, and he intended to keep them. Unlike most people, he would not simply wash away the pain like it didn't exist; he would keep it as a permanent reminder that his fight was an important one. However, he was surprised when Allanah turned down the offer as well. Maybe she felt the same way... He glanced her way when she suddenly warned him of Hi'dric. He knew there was something up, he just wasn't sure what.

What did he know about Hi'dric? Not much; he'd only met him once. But he knew there was something he was missing. What was it? Kaleo wracked his brain, but came up with nothing. He shuffled his feet uncomfortably, trying to hold back his frustration. Fear. Something to do with his fears. His fears? No... Kaleo blinked as realization suddenly dawned on him.

Jocasta.

Lucy Lovelace
"Oh.. Hey there.. who's that?" Lucy's voice emanted behind the door leading to the bedroom that had slowly creaked open until her head popped through, soft grey eyes, rosy cheeks, a strange, drunken smile and long, pale-blond hair still tied-up. She opened the door further and deftly stepped out, focusing on her walking and moving in a straight line until she was by the trio. "You're new.. I am Lucy.. Nice to meet ya." She smiled, holding forth her hand, wavering slightly, adorned in a pale shirt and brown leggings, her hat resting a small way aways and her jacket still in her room. Her weapons, however, had been retrieved once more and were now, once again, resting on her waist, seeming slightly threatening, yet not threatening at all simultaneously.

Last edited:
Maric Vakarian - Entering the Al'vyon estate

Xena and Maric made quick progress into the residential district. Entering the Al'vyon estate, a place he seemed to be winding up at a lot lately, not that he minded, he took the unconscious kitsune into one of the spare bedrooms, placing her in a bed and tucking her in to make sure she was comfortable. He looked over to Xena, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. "I'll look after her while you talk with Errol. You need anything, just let me know and I'll be there, ok?"

@Revelree @RyunaSiege

Hi'dric Varon Normell- Allanah's House
Hi'dric kept his eyes on Kaleo, watching his expression as he finally figured out the reason Hi'dric came. He was about to say more to Kaleo when Lucy stepped out and introduced herself. Turning his attention to her, he took her hand and gave her a warm smile. "Pleasure to meet you, Lucy. I take you're another friend of Kaleo?" he asked before turning his eyes to the boy. "Now, Kaleo, we must dicuss things in private unless..." he shook his head." I just really hope you didn't." He said before lightly tapping the boy on his shoulder, indicating that they step outside the house. He wasn't in the mood to let others know about his Aditi worshiping group today, having his focus intent on one thing.

Allanah
Residential District - Allanah's Residence

The girl's widened as she saw Hi'dric tap Kaleo's shoulder, urging him to get out. What should she do? Should she just let him go like that, while knowing he's in danger? She could almost smell the power off this other guy, and while Kaleo is not a pushover himself, a fight between them would not be a quick one. She held her injured hand close to her chest. Even if she wants to help, there's nothing she could do anyways. She will just be a nuisance to Kaleo's side. In this body, in this form, she was powerless, unable to control the abilities she owns.

You know there's another way right, Al? I can help you. I can kill that vampire with no problem, I'd say.

She closed her eyes and sighed. Didn't you just try to kill Kaleo? What's up with you now?

Because! I'm curious.

Curious? Of what?

That boy... might give me something I've been looking for.

Allanah bit her lip, not quite knowing what she might be thinking. She had an idea, a clue, but she did not like it one bit. She had seen what Kaleo could do, and if she'll be honest, it scared her a little bit. She wondered if Kaleo had heard her other conversation as well, though she doubted he could hear her voice. She blinked when she saw the shadows in the man who called himself Hi'dric, coagulating into a dark mass, and while she did not know what it means, her friend does.

Aww... poor boy. He's gonna get killed.

Alarm rose in her thoughts. Worry and foreboding mixing in, and while the man does not look threatening as of this moment, she wouldn't take chances. "Kaleo, run!"

***​

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
Al'vyon Estate

Xena nodded as she kissed him, glancing over at Ryuna. "I hope she feels better soon." she said, as she put her hand on the kitsune's forehead and closed her eyes. "She's in pain." she murmured. "But she'll be alright... I think." She walked over to leave the room, glancing at Maric before she did. "Thank you." she mumured. "I just hope Errol takes it well. I'm nervous." she made a small pained laugh as she closed the door behind her.

***​

Errol
Al'vyon Estate

Errol gingerly opened the door of the estate, looking around as there doesn't seem to be anyone. He was wondering on the way how to convince the siblings for Xena to check the older one's blindness, and he had been lost in thought when he heard her footsteps. He looked up to see her, his angel, beautiful as always, leaning down on the banister of the staircase, smiling sweetly. He made a small fond smile as he knelt down where he stood, placing his hand to his chest. "Reporting for duty, Master." he said, rather teasingly.

"About time." she smiled softly, albeit sadly, as she started walking back up. "Let's go to my study. There are a lot of things... I need to tell you."

His eyes widened as he felt unease grip his heart, standing up and following her, until she reached the door to her study. She opened it and invited him in, and he stepped inside rather nervously. The study was a place Xena stayed in often, as she studied about things like Herbology and Botanical Madicine. The place was pristine as always, nothing out of place, but he felt almost intimidated. He turned to her with a grim expression. "All I wanted to know... was what the big deal was about." he told her.

Xena closed the door behind them. She was silent for a long moment, just leaning on the closed door. Finally, she replied.

"I was not the person... we both thought I was."

Kaleo - Residential District
Kaleo didn't need prompting twice. At Allanah's warning, he suddenly darted for the door, shifting into his wolf form as he slipped through the portal. His four powerful legs would give him the added speed he needed to get a head start on Hi'dric, one which he knew would be necessary. The lithe, brown wolf streaked past the buildings he knew so well, his gold eyes narrowed in focus. He wasn't stupid though; he knew Hi'dric would be able to track him down easily as he had already done, but at least this allowed Kaleo to pick the battlefield.

At the thought, Kaleo felt a kind of sadness stir inside of him. This wasn't the first time this had happened to him; not all of his scars were from his own hand. His powers, his duty, they weren't easy things to bear, but nothing was harder than feeling like the world hated him for doing what he thought was right. Purging Phobos from the world... It hurt people. He knew that. But sometimes pain is worth the freedom that comes from it. Maybe he had been angry when he used his powers on Jocasta, but in his mind, it had been an act of mercy.

Please don't blame the Boogeyman for fear you feel inside...

Kaleo skidded across the ground as he suddenly turned and leaped onto a low-hanging roof. His hind legs missed the jump however, and for a few seconds he dangled before he managed to pull the rest of himself onto the roof.

He's just there to make you see the darkness that you hide...

The wolf ran across the rooftops, leaping from one to the next with ease. Kaleo was heading for the one place he thought felt most appropriate: The Amphitheater.

Lucy Lovelace
"Well then, you're more of a gentleman than him anyway, he hasn't said a word since I met him." Lucy grinned as the newcomer shook her hand, shaking it back in return, he seemed pleasant, at least from her point of view. "Kaleo, run" and poof, the silent one shot off like one of those guns she'd heard about. "Huh?" She asked, looking at the friendly woman with confusion, then back to the fleeing guy. "Why'd you go do that for?" Asked Lucy. "If someone runs, that means there's more running, and I don't feel up for chasing... But I am not ataying here on my own." She huffed

Maric Vakarian - Al'vyon Estate

As Xena left, Maric did his best to stay as quiet as possible. He pulled over a chair and sat at the bedside near Ryuna's head. He gave the kitsune a light scratch behind her ears that he hoped she'd find soothing, he wasn't a healer like Xena, but he tried his best to make his friends feel better. We've all suffered enough in our lifetimes. Can't we just be happy for one day of our lives? He thought, his question addressed to no one as he kept an eye on Ryuna's condition.

Hi'dric Varon Normell- Chasing after Kaleo
"Well Lucy, if I may before you go off calling people less gentlemanly than I, keep in mind that he doesn't talk because he can't talk. He is a mute, my child. Now excuse me but I have personal business that needs to be taken care of."
With a smile, he took off and dashed in the direction Kaleo left. It was rather easy due to the blood that was Kaleo's. He teased the mute but keeping his pace slow, watching him dance across the rooftops in his skittish escape. Towards the ampitheatre it seems. Hi'dric cackled as he muttered a spell that would heighten his speed.

Kaleo - Residential District
Kaleo continued in his dash across the rooftops, fully aware of Hi'dric's presence following him, maintaining a steady distance no matter how fast Kaleo moved. He was taunting him. The wolf's eyes flashed briefly. See how lightly this thing he takes; perhaps it's time to raise the stakes. You seem to think this is some kind of game, but there's a reason I earned my name.

In a few moments, Kaleo looked down from the roofs he was racing across to see just the opportunity he was looking for. The wolf leaped off the building and landed with surprising grace in spite of the drop. Upon reaching the ground, Kaleo shifted back into his human form, slowing only slightly as he came up behind two women who were walking down the street. They didn't even have a chance to notice him as he quickly slipped between the two of them, brushing shoulders. Kaleo looked back at where he expected Hi'dric should be, a hint of a smile on his face as the two women broke down screaming at the visions they saw. Kaleo only stayed there for a few moments before shifting into a wolf once more and continuing his race toward the amphitheater.

It was a simple act, but the message was clear: "I did do this to Jocasta, and I'm not sorry."

Hi'dric grinned sadistically as he watched firsthand what Kaleo did to the females, showing them out of his way as he continued. He understood the message which made his goal all the better when it was accomplished. Kaleo may have fear on his side but Hi'dric had pure darkness to back him. It would be a beautiful twist of fate once they fought, he thought as all forms of diplomacy flew out the window. The classic vampire versus dog, two evils fighting one another. Tainted souls fighting, one because of action, the other for love. Hi'dric had his fears but he had the power to overcome them, he's dabbled in mind tricks to know enough that he could get through Kaleo's should he witness his power firsthand. This only made his smile split more as the chase continued.

Ryuna, The Al'vyon estate

The fox moaned softly in her sleep as a soft sweat broke out over her body. Hours had passed before she jolted awake with a scream. What had that dream been?

Her golden gaze trailed over the room she was in as she tried to piece together the terrors she had just went through. She had seen Lucifer in all his glory cut down another being she knew all too well. Aditi. The overly loving goddess who found herself terrified by the actions of Lucifer and threw him from her realm to keep him from disrupting a balance that was delicate as it was.

Ryuna threw the blankets off her and tried to stand. The world tilted violently as she reached out a hand trying to catch herself only to end up face first on the ground. She was in horrible shape. Sighing softly she closed her eyes. The coolness of the floor felt good to her feverish skin, “I don’t have time to be sick,” She murmured to herself as she tried to get her body to move as it should. Managing to get to her hands and knees she sat back on her heels.

She ached all over and felt tired as never before in her life. Nope she took that back it was similar to when she changed into this form the first time. She knew what she needed to feel better she realized as she slowly got to her feet. Food would be a start but then she would need to share life energy with someone for a short time.
The first time she had done that with Lucifer.

She shivered. She didn’t want to think about him and what he had done to her to leech the over built energy from her form. She realized someone was in the room after a moment and glanced up at the male. It took her a moment to recall his name, “I never thought I would be happy to see you, Maric Vakarian.”

@jrusso20

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
Residential District - Al'vyon estate

“I wasn’t the person… we both thought I was.”

Errol closed his eyes for a moment, as if he was pondering the statement. When he opened it again, he looked like he had just braced himself for the worst. Regardless, Xena felt a little relieved. She expected confusion, suspicion, maybe even distrust. But he was taking this better than she had dared to hope.

“And?” he asked.

Xena took a deep breath as she walked along her bookshelves running her finger on the spine of each book she passed through, biting her lip rather nervously. She wished Maric was here, to hold her hand and give her comfort, but she knew Errol would not appreciate his presence. No--- this was something she had to do alone. The past few days she has been relying too much on Maric’s presence, and while she did not want to admit it, she probably has been a little too dependent on him being around.

“Have you ever heard of the harbingers?”

Errol’s eyes widened in recognition, which surprised her a little. Not everyone as young as him has heard of the group that has haunted the last generation. When he nodded in response, she could not help but give him questioning look, to which he replied. “My previous Master--- Rodrick Valden--- had a fascination with Lucifer and his minions, I have a feeling he is looking to strike a deal with the devil himself. For what reason, I am not made aware of, but he had been desperate enough to consider searching for the lost harbingers. I thought it was futile. They are dead.

She flinched. Errol remained unfazed, his gray eyes looking strangely intense, staring at her, as if in a challenge, but underneath his determined expression was a fragile confidence, almost as if he was pleading. Pleading for her to… what? She could not understand. A small suspicion blossomed from within her, one that was too striking to ignore. She met his eyes with the same intensity, as she asked. “What do you know… about these harbingers?”

He straightened up, but she could see unease underlying his expression. “The harbingers were a group once under Satan, supposedly led by seven criminals each bearing a sin of the world. Although witnesses in their time reported eight for some reason, Valden could not understand why such inconsistencies exist. The harbingers seem to have disappeared altogether about three hundred years ago, but there was one of them in particular that he was looking for, the sin of pride, a woman who has been rumored to be able to cure any illness, a healer on a different level than most, albeit young and human and breakable, she was dangerous, very much so---“

One moment, he was standing there, and the next he was pushed against the wall with her hands bunching around his shirt, her hands shaking. Her amber eyes stared into his with anger seething in its depths, as her voice hissed, accusingly. “You knew.

One second… Two…

He didn’t deny it.

She closed her eyes, trying to compose herself. “Since when did you know?”

“Since the beginning.” He replied. “I was startled to see a healer matching the physical traits of the harbinger Valden was obsessed about, one who has practically revived me from certain death, but I refused to believe it until recently, when I realized that Taran Caelis Titan, a master of lightning, the vampire Valden speculated to be the sin of wrath, seemed to harbor an uncanny emotional bond with you. I wanted to talk to you but, you seemed to have become distressed since he took you away.” Suddenly, his eyes turned red. “So it seems… you have gotten rid of whatever it was that was keeping you from regaining your memories.”

She instinctively took a step back, knowing the extent of his abilities, but the moment she did, he was suddenly behind her, pointing a knife at her throat, in the same fashion he had done to kill many others. Xena stared at the knife, feeling her heart sink deeper in dread. “Errol… what is the meaning of this?”

“Precaution.” He replied as he tightened his hold against her. “I wonder… are you the healer of the Sanctuary, or the Sin of Pride?”

She closed her eyes as she replied. “... I don't know.”

“What do you plan on doing now? He asked. “Should you decide to continue on your evil deeds, Pride, then for the sake the gentle woman whom I served, I will not hesitate to kill you.”

“I…” she hesitated as she stared outside the window. “I am not working under the devil anymore. Rather, I want to kill him. It doesn't matter how. I'll do anything, use anyone. I have a feeling that... somehow... I can do something to summon the goddess back into this world."

This seemed to catch him off guard. "Aditi?"

She nodded. "For that purpose... I joined the Circle of Sanctity. They have tried to summon her and failed. I feel like I'm missing something, I feel like this isn't the right way, but its the only way I have at the moment. I am not delusional enough to think that the goddess will heed to my wishes. but the least I could do is pull her into a front seat to see what has happened into this fucked up world. She needs to see what has become of Terrestria. Lucifer is rising. It will only get worse. And.." she hesitated once more. Should she tell him? The truth about the Circle? The horrendous deeds she had decided to stomach for the sake of this one goal? The knife was cold against her throat, and for the first time she was not sure whether or not Errol will do it. She could fight, but for now, it was better to be safe than sorry. Maric is just on the other room... she is horrified to consider what could happen if he sees what is happening here.

"Errol, let me go." she murmured. To her surprise, he folded the pocketknife back, but instead of letting her go, he stepped closer and hugged her tight from behind. She could feel his hand shaking, he was apparently less composed than he gave himself credit for. Worried, she tried to glance at his face, but she couldn't see him in the current angle...

"I thought I could protect you." he murmured, and it almost made her smile. She patted his arm, gently. "You did protect me. All this time, you have been doing just that. But you cannot possibly protect me from myself, E. I am happy that I remembered. I finally realized what it is that is important to me. It may be a strange thing to say... but my fellow harbingers, we were a small family. I shall do my best to protect Maric and the others to the best of my ability. I do not want to lose anyone any longer. Not them... not you."

He was silent for a long moment. "Maric Vakarian. Is he...?"

"Yes, he was the sin of Lust. A longtime friend, one I have loved since a long time ago." she felt a smile pass on her lips.

"... I see." Errol murmured.

Silence. The two of them stayed like that for a long while. Finally, Errol muttered. "This must be... how it feels to be heartbroken, huh." Her eyes widened, unsure how to take in that statement, but before she could reply, he asked her another question. "Is there anything else you have failed to tell me?"

Her eyes widened. Should she tell him? Won't he get disgusted? Won't it get Maric in trouble, as well? Errol has never been anything but supportive. But the people in the Circle are strong, she does not want to get him into any more danger... "The Circle of Sanctity... is not as harmless as they may seem." she said carefully. "I want to somehow guide them to the right path... but I am not sure if I can do it. Still, I want you to... avoid them at all costs."

"Oh? Who's stopping me from messing with them?"

"Are you going to disobey direct orders from your Master?" she snapped.

"Yes." he replied, unhesitatingly. "It would not be the first time. I am not exactly... a very obedient servant." he said with an almost amused tone in his voice. Suddenly, he stepped back, and knelt down the way he usually did with her, like a knight to his princess. "Regardless, I have been overbearing today. Forgive me for overstepping my bounds. I should know my place as your servant... right?"

"From the beginning... I never wanted you to serve me." Xena murmured.

Errol looked up at her and made a sad smile. "Being a servant is a beneficial position to be in. It allowed me to be close to you, but not too close. Allowed me to be protective without being odd, without making you feel uneasy. From the beginning, I never once dreamed that someone like you will ever be mine. Your gaze was unwavering, peering away from me and into the distance, to your goals and hopes and dreams, and I would never want it any other way."

"So it's true." she murmured, as she recalled his words. This must be... how it feels to be heartbroken, huh. "You... love me."

His eyes met hers.

"Yes."

***​

Errol
Residential District - Al'vyon estate

It hurt. His heart... hurts.

After that small confession, he stood up, not quite meeting Xena's eyes. His feelings were unnecessary. He had never felt romantically or physically attracted to anyone--- simply because he had his heart already given to someone else. He had tried over and over to hide this fact, but it did not matter anymore. He stared at Xena, he could tell all the things that had changed since she remembered. While before she would have had a guilty, sad expression if she could not return his feelings, now she looked... blank. He appreciated that. He wanted things to stay the way they are, and when she smiled softly at him, he felt relieved.

"Thank you." she replied. Two simple words, but that took some of the weight off his shoulders.

He nodded. A comfortable silence settled upon them. The information has been passed, the truth cleared out, and it made him feel better. Suddenly, he remembered. "The siblings from the Sanctuary are seeking to be in your care. To heal the older one's blindness."

"I'll look at her shortly." she replied easily. He nodded once again, this time with a smile. Nothing has changed.

"I have promised some food for that girl, Mina." he said with a small smile as he started for the door. "She had been hungry in the desert for far too long, I should be heading back to the Sanctuary after cooking. Would you or your lover boy want something else to eat?" he asked with a small teasing grin.

She seemed to blush in embarrassment. "How did you know he's around?"

"I didn't. I simply thought you two were inseparable, so he has to be somewhere around the house, am I right?"

"Y-Yeah..." she murmured, studying him.

He nodded. "Thinking about it now that he's Lust... just don't be too loud at night." he grinned.

"Hey!" she called out, but he just opened the door and walked out while chuckling. It was an odd feeling. He had not laughed like that in a while. And while his heart was still hurting, he felt... a little lighter today. Maybe, just maybe, their conversation wasn't so bad after all. At least it wasn't a complete disaster. Things could have been worse.

Last edited:

The incubus had dozed off while he watched over the kitsune. Exhaustion from the days events overtaking him once again. His entire life was beginning to crumble around him and he could do absolutely nothing to stop it. His inner thoughts seemed to manifest in dream form as he recounted the situation, his two lives conflicting with one another.

Xena and him, they were attached to a rope that was being pulled on from both sides. On one side was the circle of sanctity, Guruk and Hi'dric, even Jocasta were there, pulling on the rope with all their might. On the other side were the Harbingers, Wroth and Bryn, even the new greed Rayen was there. They were all fighting for control of him and Xena, they were in conflict, and Maric didn't want to choose a side.

A scream woke him from his thoughts and made him fall out of his chair. He managed to pick himself up in time to see Ryuna crash hard onto the floor in front of him. It was strange, despite how hectic his life had been recently, he actually chuckled at Ryuna's words. "Over 300 years of separation and that's the greeting I get? You are too cruel, Ryuna." He gave her a wink as he moved to help her off the floor.

"Relax. We're in Xena's estate so you'll have plenty of time to rest up. After what I saw happen to you, it seems like you could use the rest." He moved her back into the bed and placed a hand on her forehead. "Hmm, you're definitely feverish. What do you need? Xena's home so I can get her to try and work her magic if you need it." He looked her over once more as he took a step back from the bed. "It really is good to see you again, Ryuna."

Ryuna, the Al'vyon estate

The fox blushed lightly as she was picked up and put back in the bed. She wasn’t sure what it was that made her only too aware of the fact she could just as easily take what she needed from the male who was being kind to her as she sighed softly, “I need to stop him. This fever isn’t going to break by normal means,” She brought her hand up to her forehead and wiped a bit of sweat from there, “I need food but also someone...” She turned a bit more red as she trailed off while avoiding looking at the male known as Lust in her mind, “I need to share energy with someone to help my soul adjust to being within my body…”

It wasn’t hard to explain but it wasn’t a normal thing really. A soul that had been outside of a body for long lengths of time tended to have a higher amount of energy than a body could handle. It was like trying to pour liquid into a cup that was too small to hold all the liquid. The liquid would spill over the edge of the cup in no time. For a soul’s energy this showed up on the body as a fever that wouldn’t break till the extra energy was syphoned off. Judging by the way the fever was affecting her currently it wasn’t as bad as the first time she had gained a soul.

The extra energy wouldn’t hurt Maric in the least. If anything it would feel like an euphoric high unlike anything the best drugs found in the material world could provide. She didn’t think of the Sin of Lust as being easily addicted to much of anything so she worried less about the effect it would have on him, “Just a kiss should do the job,” She noted to herself softly. Once the energy was leveled she would be able to get the food easily enough and set about getting her hands on one of the keys. That was if Lucifer didn’t have both already. In some chance she thought he might.

@jrusso20

He was surprised to see Ryuna blush at his touch. As far as he could remember, the kitsune hadn't displayed any interest or attraction to him in their entire tenure as Harbingers so to see her blush surprised him. It also fed his ego slightly to see that his charms actually worked on a woman who was so devoted to being Lucifer's lover once. As she talked about sharing energy, he nodded in agreement. He imagined that readjusting to having a soul again was tricky business and was more than willing to do whatever he could to help his old friend.

That was until she mentioned how they were supposed to share energy. He was stunned for a moment, simply staring at her, unable to form a truly coherent thought on the matter. He struggled for a minute trying to find words on the matter, until he finally spoke up. "You know, two days ago that request wouldn't have been nearly as awkward for me to oblige. This is simply to help you readjust to having your soul, correct? You're not just looking for an excuse to share a kiss with me?"

He mentally slapped himself for that last question. What was he doing, being flirtatious with her? He was in a committed relationship now, whatever kiss he and Ryuna shared would be strictly platonic and nothing more, so why did his damn incubus nature make him excited at the prospect. He needed to get a grip on his urges and fast. "Food will be easy, I can ask Xena to make you something, and if this is the fastest way to get you readjusted, I'll do it. I just need to know for sure so I can face Xena with as little guilt as possible." He turned red, it was odd to admit to her that he and Xena were together. The only other harbingers left that knew him back then were Wroth and Legion, and they had practically witnessed the relationship blossom. He braced himself for any teasing the kitsune might make at his expense.

Ryuna, the Al'vyon estate

The look that the kitsune gave the man before her was downright priceless. In all the years the Harbringers had known her she had been so loyal to a man that she know wanted dead at all cost. She was unemotional and certainly didn’t care what others thought of her. She covered her face with her hand only the tale tell signs of her shoulders shaking revealed she was laughing. After a moment she peeked at him, “Honestly do you think I’m that sort of person. I’m not interested in you or your relations with Pride. I merely need you to take energy from me.”

Her voice was like it had been all those years ago. Calm, collected, only slightly amused at the discomfort of others. She rubbed her neck a little, “There is much to be explained and little time to do so,” She told him, “Once I no longer have this fever I’ll be able to leave the pair of you to your homemaking.”

Her golden gaze was soft despite how her voice sounded. The spark of teasing had fade from her long ago it seemed, “I don’t carry the ability you have to feel love for another much less compassion. It is something that I have envied in you. I suppose I envy much in this world,” She played with her hair lightly. She doubted she could chat with the others something was already nagging at her that much had changed and there was nothing she could do about it. Due to this, she wanted to protect what was left of her old life even from the one she had once cared for above even herself.

Back